Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 9, 2021 10:38 PM

Jul 2016
Not gonna lie, this was probably my least favorite episode till date. Pacing felt notoriously rushed and as a result, the fact of having one of the girls basically committing euthanasia didn't have the needed emotional weight to match such serious scenario.

As for Kotobuki, her introduction as Neiru's first friend of years felt like it came out of nowhere and the quick explanation of her place in the story had little-to-no impact for me. Honestly, I wish this episode would have focused on the still unresolved deal with Neiru's dead sister instead.

Also, I don't really know what to think about the revelations this episode presented. Considering the show is concluding in three more weeks and stuff. I mean, now we have added some Sci-Fi elements to the plot and it also seems that both Acca and Ura-Acca are the ones causing the suicides of all the girls involved in the Egg World. Oh! And not to mention they can apparently work with people from the "real" world such as Neiru's employee.
So yeah... a lot to take in, I must say and with only three episodes left, I really hope they can tie all the plot-points together in the end and don't fail because they tried to be too ambitious with the story.
Mar 9, 2021 10:46 PM
Dec 2018
Rachiba said:
Dotxyz said:

im afraid i dont know about that game >->
It is a game about a girl who has to explore her dreams to get some "effects" and reach the end of the game. It's great if you want patience and dedication, it's long and has bizarre elements that might surprise you.

Anyway, at first I thought that Wonder Egg had that resemblance to that game. But it seems that it is far from the case. Although now you made me remember it hehe

That seems interesting, i haven't really played many single player games but i might be looking forward to this one. I will for sure check it out!
Mar 10, 2021 12:32 AM
Apr 2020
WTF?! ACCA AND URA-ACCA ARE THE REASON WHY THE GIRLS COMMITTED SUICIDE?!! THEY'RE EVEN WORKING WITH NEIRU'S EMPLOYEE. SO THEY'RE JUST USING OUR FOUR WONDER EGG GIRLS SINCE THE BEGINNING?!!!

Mar 10, 2021 1:04 AM

Dec 2018
looks like Rika and Momoe find out about those two Acca... 3 more episodes left and we haven't see how Neiru sister looks like and Momoe deeper story.

Mar 10, 2021 1:13 AM
Jun 2020
I was salty that last episode was a recap in 2021’s day and age those are utterly useless, just make an 11-episode season. But seeing new episode content with an episode as great as this really made me un-salty and I’m giving this show a 9/10 possibly 10/10 if it’s climax and resolution truly blows my mind. Underrated anime right here this season. I can’t put it over Aot final season but this show deserves anime of the season really

Plot thickens with ura-acca and acca revealing the girls didn’t commit suicide, and was just a ploy to get our main cast to buy in on their experiment with the afterlife??? I’m still in the process of deriving what I just watched. I see people saying the accas are responsible for the girls’ deaths but I don’t see where that’s explicitly or implicitly said, but I’m interested to see how well this show can stick its ending for its finale. A true gem Wonder Egg Priority is. Cant wait for next week!!!
Mar 10, 2021 1:24 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Neiru's focused episode. Ironic knewing her background as an artificial child by a bunch of genius folks. However, as a girl and a sole human, Neiru still had a dream and wish to focused on. That's when she picked up that lines and told the secret she hide from them all along beside her one goals at wonder egg priority realm.

For another surprise, her company also contributed well enough at a dream experimentation by having Neiru's dream fighting at the wonder egg priority mission into that kind of a projection. Interesting, but its not over yet. Cause that adult also connected to the duo mannequin Acca-Ura Acca by an unknown connection (possible had the same way she got Neiru's projection). The connections with the future plan which the girls were talking about, also getting me the idea that Neiru can possibly be done with her job at those company ceo. Retiring, or even escaping from those place, i still dunno. Since she is just a tool or even a puppet, the future of her to get a freedom from those place still may happen.

Acca-Ura Acca were involved to the girls suicide also an interesting lines. Its expected that the tempation of death, cause from the innocent sorrow inflicted by them. Thats quite ironic with the fact that the adult women spilled through those two mannequin. Because the two of them already eavesdropping the conversations. How the girls respond with such an information? Then why Ura Acca helped Neiru to met Kotobuki?

The experiment still continued till the end of the day with so much questions spreading around my minds. The next episode sounds pretty interesting too. So, lets see it, then!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 10, 2021 1:25 AM
Jan 2021
How did acca and ura-acca not notice the girls coming in while in all the other episodes they had camera's on thema well in advance. Seems like just an unlikely thing to happen, just to improve the plot. This kind of disappointed me...
Mar 10, 2021 1:52 AM
Aug 2017
Man this sucks. I really liked neiru's character and she gets the weakest EP of the entire season. Ngl I'm a pessimist and I can't see it ending it in a good enough way. It has been an easy 9/10 for me till now but it seems to slip away to 8/10.
Mar 10, 2021 2:16 AM
Dec 2020
I didn't like this episode and I'm sad! Kotobuki felt more like a plot device than a person, and her relationship with Neiru wasn't nearly fleshed out enough. This was especially disappointing compared to ep 7 which was incredibly heartfelt. The ending felt rushed as hell ("wow, good thing they don't know how EVIL we TOTALLY ARE") and - the biggest sin considering the show it's a part of - they seemed to rush through the conflict and development re: Kotobuki's possible euthanasia at the end. They seemed to gesture at the idea that asking your friend to kill you is actually a really irresponsible and selfish thing to do, but (unusually for WEP) didn't explore that in depth. We still don't even really know what Neiru's company actually does. I have a feeling this was originally supposed to be a two-parter.

The thing I liked most was honestly the linking of NDEs and dreams to the 'mechanics' of the whole Wonder Egg world - I didn't think the magic needed 'explaining' but it does make total sense thematically. I also loved Ai in this episode, who felt like a human in a sea of one-dimensional characters. (Interesting that both she and Kotobuki have heterochromia.)

Also why does Neiru's secretary seem to know more than she does about pretty much everything when Neiru's supposed to be her boss? I'd have used this ep to tell a story about the pressures put on 'gifted' kids/the futility of being put in a position of power as a child/the ups and downs of friendships with someone based on shared talent (and how toxic/competitive those can be). I'm not a staff writer for this show but would have at least liked the story to have been grounded in more human struggles. Why does everything in this show stop making sense when Neiru's around?!

P.S. we're overdue for a Momoe focus ep, and would love more mentions/screentime for Koito too!
Mar 10, 2021 2:29 AM

Aug 2015
wtf is going on

Acca, Ura-Acca = Kyuubey
Ai, Neiru, Rika, Momoe = Madoka, Homura, Mami, Sayaka, Kyouko
Mar 10, 2021 3:36 AM
May 2017
mlzu said:
Uru and Acca caused all the suicides?? what??? Cool Neiru episode, not as good as most the others, but still pretty okay. Wonder what happened to Ai's "going to school"?

I'm pretty sure she is still going to school since she was in her school uniform at the start. Most of the episode took place on Sunday so no reason for her to be wearing her uniform.
Mar 10, 2021 5:03 AM

Jul 2020
I felt the pacing of the episode was too fast. They introduced/presented us a lot of things and tbh I didn't understand everything completely, but maybe that's the point and more questions will be answered in the next episodes. I think I get the gist of Kotobuki's backstory but I really can't understand the connection of a "parallel universe" in the story (yet). Didn't enjoy this episode as much as the ones the preceded it. I hope the show won't go downhill from here.

I accept random friend requests!
Mar 10, 2021 5:10 AM

Jun 2020
Damn bro this shit kinda funny. Gotta wait till next ep to confirm whether they're pulling a rehashed MSMM on us
This anime shit is addictive
Mar 10, 2021 6:19 AM

Oct 2016
That was a great episode! Always love when the girls are just hanging out and chilling. Damn, Neiru actually literally has no parents, she was just artificially inseminated. What about her sister though, or they just came from the same "parents".

Damn, suddenly parallel universes are introduced to us, that brings a lot of questions with it. So, are the egg worlds like parallel universes and they even have the technology to view the dreams through some brainwaves shit. Acca and Ura-acca are the ones behind the suicides? And Neiru's assistant is working with them. Hmm, maybe it's that company that created or at least discovered the egg world, maybe that is the result of Kotobuki's research.

Well, I have a lot of fucking questions, I hope they manage to tell the story they want to tell well in the remaining 3 episodes or possibly 4 because of the unplanned recap last episode. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 10, 2021 9:59 AM
Nov 2019
I'm hoping they're not trying to cram episodes 8-12 into episodes 9-12 due to the recap. But this one seemed a little rushed and less coherent to the others.

Also didn't Neiru say she found her in an Egg? I thought you were stuck in a loop until you saved the egg-girl or were the subs I read not quite right?

Mar 10, 2021 10:21 AM

Apr 2020
Hey that was a nice episode focusing on Neiru and her story with Kotobuki, her fellow friend, Plati specimen, and a genius at heart. And also...I THINK THE PLIT IS STARTING TO THICKEN, I'M KIND OF SCARED.

Our group of friends had assembled into Neiru's company building, which is also her home. We somehow got a clip of Neiru's dreams monochrome, and that actually surprised me, how did she get that?

We got some nice action sequence with Kotobuki giving more light to Neiru's fight against Dr.Seki. And it is actually impressive how Neiru is given a choice to let Kotobuki live in drags and experimentation, or fulfill her duty and choice to die. Even if Momoe and Rika did not agree to her choice, Ai was enough to convince Neiru to do the right choice, let her die (fucking lovely).

And here's where it goes suspicious, what is the connection between Neiru's assistant and the Accas?!!. When I saw that, I was immediately alarmed of the red flags that this might bring, oh Lord tell me this will make of a good ending for the series, PLEASE.

Lastly, the miscellaneous parts of the episode. Momoe's face was funny, who's funny idea is it to make that, that was funny. We got all of them having se colored nails and their ☝️ finger have the same purple color, that's some nice sbol of unity. And also, and I regret not screenshotting it (because there were subtitles), but Neiru looks SO MUCH BEAUTIFUL without the ponytail. That brief cut seeing her in her true form was really great, I want that Neiru more.

We have 3 more episodes til the end, let's hope for this series to have a satisfying, conclusive ending. Because it has been great so far.
Mar 10, 2021 10:39 AM

Dec 2016
This episode was kinda confusing.

Now this is kinda going the Babylon route.

Ai really is the most understanding person of the group. It's because of her that there's unity in the group.

Neiru being artificially created was very unexpected. Now the thing about her sister stabbing her and then falling off a bridge has become more mysterious. Until now I've been thinking stuff like her sister would've been jealous of Neiru but regretted stabbing her and then committed suicide. But there are still possibilities that her sister must have been jealous of Neiru because she was more knowledgeable than her.

I didn't quite understand the conversation of Ura-acca and Acca with that secretary. I hope they explain it in detail in the next episode.
Mar 10, 2021 1:48 PM

Jun 2013
Rushed pacing and slightly convoluted episode aside, I was left wondering whether Ura-acca might have an agenda of his own?

Acca points out that he was the one who had Kotobuki manifesting in Neiru's realm (with Ura-acca saying it was "just a coincidence", in a more serious tone than he usually employs), giving room for her to (try to) leave hints about wtv scheme is behind the dream world and which were later purposefully dismissed by Neiru's assistant. I don't think this necessarily means that Ura-acca is secretly benevolent or anything of the sort, but it would be interesting if he was fiddling with the system himself.
Mar 10, 2021 1:50 PM
Feb 2021
I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS RN
Mar 10, 2021 4:37 PM
Jul 2018
Episode focused on Neiru I really like when I show more about Neiru.
Mar 10, 2021 5:34 PM
May 2020
What a great episode I really am without words to say that this was incredible. This anime is perfect
Mar 10, 2021 7:34 PM

Oct 2019
neiru's weapon is seriously badass with all the different forms it could take- I guess that explains her scientific background.. but a designer baby.. interesting new piece of information about her.
with how much kotobuki's death affected neiru, it makes me wonder why she wouldn't want to save her instead of her sister. maybe she really is driven by revenge?

and the plot thickens. so the two dummies that oversee the whole wonder egg thing possibly are the antagonists? I hope it doesn't turn out to be just that and perhaps they're just morally grey.

ig next episode we'll learn more about momoe again? I'd like to know more about her since every time there's a disagreement within the group she just goes ight imma head out
UltrabookMar 10, 2021 7:39 PM
Mar 11, 2021 4:13 AM
Dec 2019
so her company has aconnection to acca and ur-acca. two of them were there to witness it too, and what was it they said about themselves? It was promised last episode. they're the root of all suicide. thats so NICE. i mean its interesting, but what's it mean? I'm just going to theorise that the reason they make eggs is to charge a machine or something. I mean they look pretty alien to me, wouldn't be surprised if they were aliens.
Mar 11, 2021 4:17 AM
Dec 2019
well i read some comments and found something I can agree on. they said acca and ur-acca were hiding the fact the girl's can't revive. I had that thought from the beginning and would like to see it in action. oh i can see the dread in their eyes. it really fits the whole thing about being unable to fight, but rather fighting the operators themselves. how would they even fight the operators? egg snowball fight.
Mar 11, 2021 8:44 AM
Sep 2019
What did I say? WHAT DID I SAY? I KNEW FROM THE FIRST EPISODE THAT THESE TWO MOTHERFUCKERS WERE THE VILLAINS

Nice episode, I like Neiru's developement, as she learns to open up her heart. I liked Kotobuki's dream, the trauma was very good villain. That's why Ai is so great, she developes, and helps develop other girls.

The best thing was obviously the Acca's talking to that proffesor woman. I was mind blowing that they have some connection outside of that little park. It all is shaping to be a very interestion conclusion in just 3 episodes.

What I find is not good enough is Momo. She didn't get any proper episode to herself (aside from the introduction) and she's by far the most forgettable character. I hoped this episode was going to be the all about her, like the last 3(not including ep.8) were about Neiru, Ai and Rikka. Obviously the other 3 girls are so far amazing, but Momo is a wasted potential so far. I really hope the next episode is going to revolve around her, though if the name indicates something, it will probably be something with Ai and Sawaki-sensei. Momo could fit in, but it would not be exclusive to her. That's no good.
Mar 11, 2021 5:20 PM

Oct 2008
Neiru is also super intelligent! perfect waifu material and VA is also waifu potential! lolz

Mar 11, 2021 6:05 PM
Mar 2020
Only 3 episodes left. The show seems to be dropping more questions than answers, let's hope they all get resolved before the final episode!
wo0my.

Mar 11, 2021 10:23 PM

Mar 2010
Episode felt long. Dam neirus weapon is so high tech. Pretty sure the employee is neirus mom. They got the same eyes. lol so neiru asked them to come over so she she can get the determination to kill her. Suspicious end. Well they discovered something in the end.
StardewMar 11, 2021 10:28 PM
Mar 12, 2021 9:07 AM

Dec 2019
well .. i kinda see why there was a recap episode because things seem to be getting pretty crazy now !! but then i come to this forum & people make it seem like a bad episode, i loved it!

my main question was, wasn't that why Neiru started the egg stuff? for her friend? will she keep fighting now? was her suitcase her leaving the company, or everything?

kiibocor3 said:
Only 3 episodes left. The show seems to be dropping more questions than answers, let's hope they all get resolved before the final episode!

4 more, right? the recap didn't count.
Mar 12, 2021 9:12 AM

Jul 2020
DEFCON 3 Plot twist incoming
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Mar 12, 2021 10:01 PM
Oct 2020
I was kinda shocked about Acca and Ura-Acca, they really just pulled a Madoka on us lol. It was pretty interesting seeing Neiru's arc though.

A tiny question? If she's a daughter of two subjects from the Plati, who's her sister? Did Kotobuki do something then? Since Neiru said that she was 'just like her'?

And is Sawaki-sensei a red herring, or does he know the Accas? Like the lady with Neiru? Or even against them? Or is this going to be a hybrid of FLCL, PMMM and Erased?

Mar 12, 2021 10:03 PM
Oct 2020
NyanyKittyCat said:
What did I say? WHAT DID I SAY? I KNEW FROM THE FIRST EPISODE THAT THESE TWO MOTHERFUCKERS WERE THE VILLAINS

Nice episode, I like Neiru's developement, as she learns to open up her heart. I liked Kotobuki's dream, the trauma was very good villain. That's why Ai is so great, she developes, and helps develop other girls.

The best thing was obviously the Acca's talking to that proffesor woman. I was mind blowing that they have some connection outside of that little park. It all is shaping to be a very interestion conclusion in just 3 episodes.

What I find is not good enough is Momo. She didn't get any proper episode to herself (aside from the introduction) and she's by far the most forgettable character. I hoped this episode was going to be the all about her, like the last 3(not including ep.8) were about Neiru, Ai and Rikka. Obviously the other 3 girls are so far amazing, but Momo is a wasted potential so far. I really hope the next episode is going to revolve around her, though if the name indicates something, it will probably be something with Ai and Sawaki-sensei. Momo could fit in, but it would not be exclusive to her. That's no good.

I found momo closer to me then the rest so far. Maybe it might end with her and Ai being cousins or something.
Mar 13, 2021 3:36 AM
Jun 2019
Wow this show continuously leaves me in awe after every episode and makes me step back for a moment and reflect on what I just watched.
Mar 13, 2021 6:09 AM
Sep 2019
annaferns said:
NyanyKittyCat said:

I found momo closer to me then the rest so far. Maybe it might end with her and Ai being cousins or something.

I'm happy you can connect with her, but for me she's almost nonexistent. She didn't have any time to make herself one of the core cast. What I mean is, to me, she feels like a side character. She's a part of the gang, but it almost feels like she isn't.
Mar 13, 2021 6:22 AM
Oct 2020
Well
NyanyKittyCat said:
annaferns said:

I'm happy you can connect with her, but for me she's almost nonexistent. She didn't have any time to make herself one of the core cast. What I mean is, to me, she feels like a side character. She's a part of the gang, but it almost feels like she isn't.

Well, I couldn't agree less. Even the one episode she had had a few blanks to fill. Hopefully she'll get some character development now that we are done with Neiru.
Mar 13, 2021 6:22 AM
Oct 2020
Well
NyanyKittyCat said:
annaferns said:

Well, I couldn't agree less. Even the one episode she had had a few blanks to fill. Hopefully she'll get some character development now that we are done with Neiru.
Mar 13, 2021 10:57 AM
Sep 2019
annaferns said:
Well
NyanyKittyCat said:

Yes, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Some are similar, some are different, but all are valid.
What I 100% agree with you, is that I also hope she will get some major developement. We'll just have to wait and see
Mar 15, 2021 3:04 AM

Jun 2015
'We only live once'
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 15, 2021 5:27 AM

Dec 2013
What a terrible plot twist.
It's really a shame this anime had one of the best pilots I had ever seen, and it completely shat the bed like that. Neiru's character is mostly to blame, before she was already another Homura knockoff but this episode completely cemented the rest of the series. Everything about Neiru including her connections and environment ruined this show.
What is this stupid conspiracy bullshit now ?
It should've stayed a fantasy/psychological horror like the first few episodes instead of trying to give us nonsensical bullshit answers
Mar 15, 2021 6:03 AM

May 2019
Whayle said:
What a terrible plot twist.
It's really a shame this anime had one of the best pilots I had ever seen, and it completely shat the bed like that. Neiru's character is mostly to blame, before she was already another Homura knockoff but this episode completely cemented the rest of the series. Everything about Neiru including her connections and environment ruined this show.
What is this stupid conspiracy bullshit now ?
It should've stayed a fantasy/psychological horror like the first few episodes instead of trying to give us nonsensical bullshit answers

"Neru, what if Wonder Eggu is all about psychological metaphors and allegories!?"

Neru: Nah, too complex, the simplest theory is the best. It is about evil corporation pulling strings of government and society to achieve power from parallel realities and then conquer the world.

...and the Accas are... ALIENS!

hahahahaha is there any hope for this show yet?

Mar 15, 2021 6:50 AM
Oct 2019
The Acca's are sus...
Life is not daijoubu
Mar 16, 2021 2:07 PM

Mar 2019
I thought we are done with their backstories and the drama they involved, can't really say I loved that.

It was straight up dumb. If she said she wants you to turn off her life suport then you do it and not listen to 3 random girls who don't know anything about her. That doesn't really make a lot of sense tbh.

Another thing I don't really like is that Neiru's secretary is somehow related to the Acca. Though I still find those 2 interesting.
Alex_TheForestMar 16, 2021 2:11 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 16, 2021 4:44 PM

Mar 2019
The Momoe faces reminded me to some classic animes from back in the day
Mar 18, 2021 2:57 AM
Jan 2020
Kotobuki… Neiru’s company is related to Acca and Ura Acca… The mystery is unravelling itself.
Mar 19, 2021 7:37 PM
Nov 2018
This episode was pretty mind blowing ngl. Finally got more information on neiru, and it seems like she is a big part of the grand scheme of why wonder eggs exist. Hopefully they close this show out strong!
Mar 19, 2021 10:39 PM

Jul 2020
I dont start the episode with confidence because Neiru is the less that i like but its kinda intersting because i really loved to meet the silly white haired girl and the theories about how the world works
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2021 1:49 PM

Mar 2009
An episode with so much empathy. Really loved that scene with Neiru and Ai turning off the life support together. Sad as fuck, though.
Apr 1, 2021 6:25 PM

Apr 2011
747 / 5000
Resultados de tradução
Really each ep. this anime is a film, as I see Sakuga people talking.
Starting with a further deepening of Neiru. She finally opened up to the other girls and now we understand more of her "motivations", since she was the biggest unknown of the quartet. I loved the Kotobuki design.
The plot became more dense, and it was not a simple thing to just save the girls who committed suicide. I had already thought about it, Acca and Ura-Acca really are the real root of the problem. It looks like something like an experiment with the girls from the parallel world, with them handpicking the girls and "causing" their suicides.
They also had light and pleasant moments like their painting their nails, I wanted more moments like this.
Apr 3, 2021 4:41 AM

Feb 2014
I think it's actually the fist time I see girls painting their nails in an anime, or I just don't remember. Anyway I need more of that xD.
Apr 7, 2021 3:41 PM
May 2020
neiru had it pretty peak but den again. SO HAS EVERYONE ELSE
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

419 by redpanda_42 »»
Sep 8, 10:30 PM

» What is this anime all about?

Shy - Aug 1

19 by Jxyf0ry0u »»
Aug 14, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 23, 2021

196 by nicky_toutou »»
Jul 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LittleLucky - Mar 2, 2021

213 by TheEclecticNomad »»
Jul 3, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aikotoba - Jan 12, 2021

434 by Plkskymnga »»
Jun 26, 2:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.