Forum Settings
Forums

MAL (Community) Has Officially Lost the Plot

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 8, 2021 8:46 AM

Apr 2016
Thanks for reminding me I need to upvote Molcar cuz I saw two episodes in a groupwatch and it was infectiously charming

Fun stop-motion animation (even CGi meant to replicate it, tho that's not as good as the real deal, tho isn't Molcar actual stop-motion) with solid comedy is always appreciated

plus, there have been way more clownish things that have had higher scores than the things you talked about, anyway *cough* Kimi no Na wa and Weathering With you *cough*

Either way THE GIGA CHAD, THE MAN, THE MEME, THE LEGEND HIMSELF has returned

MAL's "we're fucked o-meter" has risen as a result
CodeBlazeFateMar 8, 2021 8:55 AM
Mar 8, 2021 8:54 AM

Apr 2016
Manaban said:
I've entered a weird state where I actually feel happy when Johan makes a thread or makes his presence felt in one

It'll inevitably turn into a completely irredeemable dumpster fire, sure, but it's a refreshing change of pace from the sheer repetitiveness of most topics on this board

give me this over some shinobu or 8man profile picture giving their revolutionary new vapid one line response in a thread i've probably seen 1,000+ times in the past 5 years
I almost welcome him back if this means MAL forums can go back to the glorious dumpster fires of 2017
Mar 8, 2021 8:56 AM

Dec 2018
CodeBlazeFate said:
Thanks for reminding me I need to upvote Molcar cuz I saw two episodes in a groupwatch and it was infectiously charming

Fun stop-motion animation (even CGi meant to replicate it, tho that's not as good as the real deal, tho isn't Molcar actual stop-motion) with solid comedy is always appreciated

plus, there have been way more clownish things that have had higher scores than the things you talked about, anyway *cough* Kimi no Na wa and Weathering With you *cough*

either way THE GIGA CHAD, THE MAN, THE MEME, THE LEGEND HIMSELF has returned

lolssss what's with people hating on Kimi no Na wa and Weathering with You? The animation is amazing, artistically sublime... the plot is mayb a 7/10 or 8/10 if you're feeling generous... so what's with all the hate?
Mar 8, 2021 9:05 AM

Apr 2016
ShanAsuna said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

either way THE GIGA CHAD, THE MAN, THE MEME, THE LEGEND HIMSELF has returned

lolssss what's with people hating on Kimi no Na wa and Weathering with You? The animation is amazing, artistically sublime... the plot is mayb a 7/10 or 8/10 if you're feeling generous... so what's with all the hate?
The character writing for the teenagers come off as facsimiles of what teenagers act like, the main plots generally make no sense and often feel incredibly contrived, and I particularly detest Weathering's ending and implications as well as how hard it goes against the development Hodaka was primed to take cuz "fuck growth and acceptance, I need my girl even at the cost of everything sinking and millions of lives displaced which conveniently goes along with nature taking its course in a very accelerationist way". Hell, the latter film has a lot of noticeably jarring environmental and character CGI compared to Kimi no Na wa.

In spite of that, I think Weathering is slightly better cuz it at least has good adult characters who feel authentic. I always found Shinkai's adult characters and tone pieces more authentic and effective than his blockbusters tbh.

Regardless, the point is the dude is overreacting to a fun stop-motion comedy placing high when stuff like Bunny Girl recently did just as well still have higher scores than Gankutsuou and some other critically acclaimed masterpieces and classics like Berserk 1997 and Ghost in The Shell have.
CodeBlazeFateMar 8, 2021 9:10 AM
Mar 8, 2021 9:11 AM

Dec 2018
CodeBlazeFate said:
ShanAsuna said:

The character writing for the teenagers come off as facsimiles of what teenagers act like, the main plots generally make no sense and often feel incredibly contrived, and I particularly detest Weathering's ending and implications as well as how hard it goes against the development Hodaka was primed to take cuz "fuck growth and acceptance, I need my girl even at the cost of everything sinking and millions of lives displaced which conveniently goes along with nature taking its course in a very accelerationist way". Hell, the latter film has a lot of noticeably jarring environmental and character CGI compared to Kimi no Na wa.

In spite of that, I think Weathering is slightly better cuz it at least has good adult characters who feel authentic. I always found Shinkai's adult characters and tone pieces more authentic and effective than his blockbusters tbh.

Well, I can agree that Makoto Shinkai's productions don't have the strongest plots. His productions are usually more artistically compelling rather than focused on having a strong narrative. They have emotional moments but the storylines are not, usually, solid.

But, based on the art and emotional impact alone, I'd say they're still pretty good productions.
Mar 8, 2021 9:14 AM

Apr 2016
ShanAsuna said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Well, I can agree that Makoto Shinkai's productions don't have the strongest plots. His productions are usually more artistically compelling rather than focused on having a strong narrative. It has emotional moments but the entire storyline is not exactly solid.

But, based on the art and emotional impact alone, I'd say they're still pretty good productions.
The visuals of both range from good to astounding with how detailed they are. I'll agree there, even if I don't consider them the best around in that department. However, the primarily emotion they elicit out of me is anger. I find Kimi no Na wa obnoxiously contrived and annoying with its characters, and I find myself disgusted by Weathering's entire last act. I can't consider them good anime overall, even if they are pretty to look at. To each their own, I suppose.
Mar 8, 2021 9:17 AM

Jan 2017
Great thread. Thank you for the entertainment,Johan dino.
Mar 8, 2021 9:52 AM

Apr 2016
Also, autism is good and I am living proof of it
Mar 8, 2021 9:59 AM

Dec 2014
1. MAL rankings are as far from an indicator of actual quality as you can get
2. Molcar is great and deserves its placement
Edit:
3. Just realized you said Molcar was CGI. They aren't, it's all stop-motion. And very, very good stop-motion animation at that
BuuubbblesssMar 8, 2021 10:04 AM
Mar 8, 2021 10:01 AM

May 2015
Is this thread a recommendation for watching this Molething? because you sold it well enough.
Mar 8, 2021 10:02 AM

Apr 2016
DiscoMilf said:
Is this a guerilla marketing stunt from him to convince us to watch Molcar and give it the 8+s it deserves?
Mar 8, 2021 10:06 AM

Dec 2014
CodeBlazeFate said:
DiscoMilf said:
Is this a guerilla marketing stunt from him to convince us to watch Molcar and give it the 8+s it deserves?

Yeah, this is gonna get even more people to watch Molcar and push it up the rankings even further. Thanks Johan!
Mar 8, 2021 10:13 AM

Apr 2016
DiscoMilf said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Yeah, this is gonna get even more people to watch Molcar and push it up the rankings even further. Thanks Johan!
Based genius chad. 4D chess maneuver from the king himself, promoting such a good time.
Mar 8, 2021 10:18 AM

Dec 2018
I don't get it... Is it a thing to try to rile up the OP? I think the OP kinda has a point about d molcar stop motion animation, personally I'm confused why it's even considered anime.. Isn't this like a cousin of Bob the Builder or Thomas the Tank engine?
Mar 8, 2021 10:25 AM

Jun 2017
The amount of people who can't come up with a proper argument and proceed to 'shame' this man for the anime he has in his favorites is honestly funny.
Mar 8, 2021 10:30 AM
Nov 2019
ShanAsuna said:
I don't get it... Is it a thing to try to rile up the OP? I think the OP kinda has a point about d molcar stop motion animation, personally I'm confused why it's even considered anime.. Isn't this like a cousin of Bob the Builder or Thomas the Tank engine?

I haven't seen the show in question, but since it is animation made in Japan it's considered anime. There are actually quite the amount of good stop-motion anime out there, such as Thunderbolt Fantasy and Elemi.
Mar 8, 2021 10:54 AM

Aug 2018
Only a handful of people have watched it and those people like this sort of stuff so of course it would be high
_______I like rocks__
Mar 8, 2021 11:21 AM
Apr 2020
Well, thank you for the recommendation. I will gladly rate this anime a 8-9 or even 10 out of 10. Goodluck on roasting people here on MAL.
If you're happy and you know it clap your hands
Mar 8, 2021 11:33 AM

Dec 2014
Nechron said:
The amount of people who can't come up with a proper argument and proceed to 'shame' this man for the anime he has in his favorites is honestly funny.
because nothing needs to be refuted. He's basically saying that the MAL rankings are wrong and everyone that rated it highly is dumb because he says so. There's no argument being made there. The rankings are an aggregation of everyone's ratings. Think something is too high or too low? Cool, well there are a lot of people that disagree with you. There's tons of stuff that's really high in the MAL rankings I think doesn't belong there. Do you see me complaining about it? No, because MAL rankings are a meme and everyone else decided it does belong there. That's why this is silly.
Mar 8, 2021 11:38 AM

Jan 2020
Oh shush, MAL ratings don't mean anything. It's always been an incredibly flawed rating system.
*generic image of favorite characters with a sappy quote or "aesthetics"*

Mecha Anime/Manga/VN Tier List

Anime/Manga/VN Tier List
Mar 8, 2021 11:46 AM
Apr 2019
You care too much about scores, sure molcar is ahead of those "masterpieces" but as you said, it's really mostly just jokes. Let people have fun with that absurd show lol
Mar 8, 2021 11:49 AM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
The concern is how this ranks in the top 200 anime of all time and only continues to rise, not the format, animation style, or that people like the work. Myself, I really enjoy Pui Pui Molcar, but does it deserve the placement it's at? No, not really, especially when you think about how few other short-episode series rank comparatively. Most series, even if you didn't care for it and disagree with its placement, you can reasonably understand why it landed where it did; Pui Pui Molcar just doesn't add up. Does the show have cute animal characters? So does Chi's Sweet Home (7.70). Are the stop-motion settings greatly detailed? So it is in Rilakkuma and Kaoru (7.65). Is the absurd humor that pairs with its unconventional style a charming and welcome change of pace? So it is in Hulaing Babies (5.88). Once it has finished airing, it will probably settle around a mid-to-high 7, and we can call it a day. However, if it does keep it's placement, that does give one pause to consider the credibility of the top ranking anime. Regardless if you personally care about these things, many normal users use these scores and rankings as a guide to see what shows have the highest technical merits and are most worth watching, so seeing these relatively unknown works getting incredibly high scores is a perfectly normal thing to want to address.
Mar 8, 2021 12:02 PM

Jun 2017
DiscoMilf said:
Nechron said:
because nothing needs to be refuted. He's basically saying that the MAL rankings are wrong and everyone that rated it highly is dumb because he says so. There's no argument being made there. The rankings are an aggregation of everyone's ratings. Think something is too high or too low? Cool, well there are a lot of people that disagree with you. There's tons of stuff that's really high in the MAL rankings I think doesn't belong there. Do you see me complaining about it? No, because MAL rankings are a meme and everyone else decided it does belong there. That's why this is silly.

I wholeheartedly agree. Still, they could try talking about the rankings in some constructive way, or ignore the thread. But guess what they do instead: bash someone's list because they don't like the anime they have on their favorites list. MAL community truly is something else.
Mar 8, 2021 12:11 PM

May 2014
It barely has 1500 ratings, so obviously it's going to be a bit skewed. Who cares about scores anyway, not like it affects you.
Mar 8, 2021 12:20 PM

Feb 2021
DiscoMilf said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Im pretty sure thats the whole point of this thread, cuz if not that poor dude is a fedora guy, but im pretty sure he just like to troll people faking to be an edgelord, everytime i see a forum made by him, is very similar, and is hard to get what he really thinks or if his oppinions are real, the fine line of being actually annoying or to fake being annoying xD
Mar 8, 2021 12:30 PM

Apr 2016
Noir_Alchemist said:
DiscoMilf said:

Im pretty sure thats the whole point of this thread, cuz if not that poor dude is a fedora guy, but im pretty sure he just like to troll people faking to be an edgelord, everytime i see a forum made by him, is very similar, and is hard to get what he really thinks or if his oppinions are real, the fine line of being actually annoying or to fake being annoying xD
Knowing him and those who have spoken his rhetoric for years, I doubt it, though the dude is self-reported to swap between just trolling and being sincere about absolute toxic bullshit so idk, take that as you will.
Mar 8, 2021 12:35 PM

Aug 2019
You realise that when you create threads like this, all you are doing is bringing more attention to it and will likely cause the score to go up even more as people give it a high score out of spite?
Mar 8, 2021 12:42 PM

May 2018
Johan said:
When you sort anime on MAL by aggregate score I regret to inform y'all that "Pui Pui Molcar" an absurd show about CGI hamsters shaped like vehicles now finds itself cemented in the top 200 with a score that's rising daily. At first I thought it was a meme, or being boosted by what I call "Irony 10s" untiil I started reading the actual reviews and forum posts and came to the aneurysm inducing conclusion that these people are actually serious.

Yes, folks. A 2 minute show about CGI hamsters shaped as cars that randomnly cuts to cringy Koreans (real living Koreans) in the backseat of these things dancing is now ranked AHEAD of actual masterpieces such as Gankutsuo, Shinsekai Yori, Katanagatari, and honestly God knows what else.

MAL has reached peak levels of autism and officially lost the plot.

Congrats, I didn't think y'all could go any lower.

I have not watched Pui Pui Molcar but some don't just watch it for the plot and may find Hamsters are cute and like it. Everyone have different taste and opinion. You call the mentioned series Gankutsuo(dropped like 3 episodes) , Shinsekai Yori, Katanagatari a masterpiece but I found them to be average.I wasn't enjoying as much as I thought with all the hype and reviews.

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Mar 8, 2021 12:50 PM

Apr 2016
-Miku_Meister- said:
Johan said:
When you sort anime on MAL by aggregate score I regret to inform y'all that "Pui Pui Molcar" an absurd show about CGI hamsters shaped like vehicles now finds itself cemented in the top 200 with a score that's rising daily. At first I thought it was a meme, or being boosted by what I call "Irony 10s" untiil I started reading the actual reviews and forum posts and came to the aneurysm inducing conclusion that these people are actually serious.

Yes, folks. A 2 minute show about CGI hamsters shaped as cars that randomnly cuts to cringy Koreans (real living Koreans) in the backseat of these things dancing is now ranked AHEAD of actual masterpieces such as Gankutsuo, Shinsekai Yori, Katanagatari, and honestly God knows what else.

I have not watched Pui Pui Molcar but some don't just watch it for the plot and may find Hamsters are cute and like it. Everyone have different taste and opinion. You call the mentioned series Gankutsuo(dropped like 3 episodes) , Shinsekai Yori, Katanagatari a masterpiece but I found them to be average.I wasn't enjoying as much as I thought with all the hype and reviews.
The fun thing is I'm pretty sure he hasn't seen Molcar cuz then he'd know it's not CG and that it's just 2 & 1/2 minutes of rapid-fire jokes with cute hamster cars in really funny, adorable, and sometimes surreal or parody-based scenarios.

EDIT: ok he has but he gave it a 1 so idk wtf he's talking about tbh
Mar 8, 2021 12:51 PM

Jan 2019
Johan said:

When you put it that way, it does sound really bad.

But it's not surprising, honestly. There are mostly young people in MAL, and younger people tend to have less critical sense. They are probably voting more for enjoyment and playfulness then critically comparing different series. And there are still a lot of them memeing, never underestimate the levels that trolling could get to.

And really, is that so wrong? I don't think the score of a comedy/cutesy show (for children?) would tell you much about what to expect from a parallel sci-fi horror show. They're different genres for different demographics and purposes, and it makes sense to expect different average scores for them.
Mar 8, 2021 12:53 PM
Dec 2015
Johan said:

Completely agree, but this is nothing new. Mal has lost its purposed years ago for various reasons.
Mar 8, 2021 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
only commented cuz I find it refreshing to see someone who is unafraid to defend their love for SAO.

There's some things you could say about it, but it's not a bad anime at all... It has some great moments, and it's honestly quite enjoyable...

People only put it in a shit tier because of how insanely popular it is. Like, there are TONS of anime that have the same talking points but don't get NEARLY as much flak for just because they aren't as well known. Like, the same people that would talk shit on SAO would defend other anime with the same exact talking points. Just crazy. I think it's just because, they loved it too when they first saw it, and then they found how how popular it was with everyone else, and so like, the glaring issues it had were brought under the microscope be just about everyone in existence who ever watched a single anime once in their life.
Mar 8, 2021 1:01 PM

May 2010
jarring said:
only commented cuz I find it refreshing to see someone who is unafraid to defend their love for SAO.

There's some things you could say about it, but it's not a bad anime at all... It has some great moments, and it's honestly quite enjoyable...

People only put it in a shit tier because of how insanely popular it is. Like, there are TONS of anime that have the same talking points but don't get NEARLY as much flak for just because they aren't as well known. Like, the same people that would talk shit on SAO would defend other anime with the same exact talking points. Just crazy. I think it's just because, they loved it too when they first saw it, and then they found how how popular it was with everyone else, and so like, the glaring issues it had were brought under the microscope be just about everyone in existence who ever watched a single anime once in their life.

Yupp I mostly agree with this. I've spent 7-8 years defending SAO in the forums and going into so much depth so many times, I won't do it here cause I'm too lazy, but yeah SAO is a net good show. It has weak and indefensible moments and arcs, but the good qualities of SAO far outweigh its negatives.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
CravenlockMar 9, 2021 9:27 PM

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Mar 8, 2021 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
just as a talking point, NGE has one of the most notoriously rushed endings of all time. It was so bad they had to fix it with like 3 movies or something. I still haven't watched them all.
Mar 8, 2021 1:04 PM

May 2018
CodeBlazeFate said:
The fun thing is I'm pretty sure he hasn't seen Molcar cuz then he'd know it's not CG and that it's just 2 & 1/2 minutes of rapid-fire jokes with cute hamster cars in really funny, adorable, and sometimes surreal or parody-based scenarios.

No I think you're right. Hes probably browsing the top 200 anime entries and comes across "Pui Pui Molcar" then decides to rate it a 1/10 , hoping it would drop its overall rating so that his fav anime titles would rank higher.

Johan does seem to be into his plots and storyline as he mentioned Gankutsuo, Shinsekai Yori, Katanagatari are masterpiece. However, I realised these are not on the list and has fav has SAO , Clannad AS and Angel Beats.

Mar 8, 2021 1:05 PM

May 2010
jarring said:
just as a talking point, NGE has one of the most notoriously rushed endings of all time. It was so bad they had to fix it with like 3 movies or something. I still haven't watched them all.

I think whats more "jarring" about NGE was the animation and budget concerns- especially those final 2 episodes. I also actively disliked most of the characters. Shinji and Asuka were downright unbearable. Gendou had good motives, but just came across as such a shitty father it was hard to sympathise with him. And Rei was really boring and personalityless. I actually did really respect the thematic depth and symbolism of NGE - the dead sea scrolls, angels, instrumentality - it was conceptually an iconic and revolutionary anime for many reasons - but it's characters and animation definitely hold it back from being a masterpiece for me.

Contrary to what my antagonists think, I'm extremely well versed in my thoughts and opinions, I just don't really bother to waste my time showing that to people like Codeblazefate that aren't worth it.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Mar 8, 2021 1:08 PM

May 2010
-Miku_Meister- said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

No I think you're right. Hes probably browsing the top 200 anime entries and comes across "Pui Pui Molcar" then decides to rate it a 1/10 , hoping it would drop its overall rating so that his fav anime titles would rank higher.

Johan does seem to be into his plots and storyline as he mentioned Gankutsuo, Shinsekai Yori, Katanagatari are masterpiece. However, I realised these are not on the list and has fav has SAO , Clannad AS and Angel Beats.

Meaningless speculation. I watched the first 8 episodes of Pui Pui Molcar, and can fully describe the only episode i remember being a bunch of hamster cars trying to force one hamster car into a carwash and then tricking him with a golden carrot. I'm not the type of person that has to lie or pretend to have seen things i haven't seen. Also if I hadn't seen it how would i know it's score is this absurd, and how would i be able to describe events happening like the animation cutting to real live living Koreans dancing in the backseat of these vehicles? Likewise i watched episodes 6-8 with @Roberto to show him how bad the show was. As if i need people to confirm my alibi for watching cartoons now lmfao

Edit: Shinsekai Yori, Gankutsuo, and Katanagatari are masterpieces.

.... So Are Clannad AS & Angel Beats.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Mar 8, 2021 1:23 PM

Apr 2016
Johan said:
ShanAsuna said:

You're asking the wrong person, Codeblazefate is inclined to make himself feel cool smart and different by hating most things that are popular and universally acclaimed. Kimi no na Wa is among the top 3 anime movies I've ever seen, and uhhhh.... I've seen my fair share of anime movies..
Aside from some of FLCL and the one episode of SoraYori I gave before deciding I don't wanna continue, I only hate things I think suck, m8. Plus I don't need to make a thread shaming MAL for upvoting strange shows I dislike just to prove my own intellectual and taste superiority, so let's not cast stones :)
Mar 8, 2021 1:40 PM

Apr 2016
Cyber_Icarus said:
>i see the whole elitist brigade is having a reunion

cope and seethe and cry me a river lmfao
tfw hobbyist reviewer with score lower than 6 = elitist unless you're Stark. Such is the law of MAL, as disliking a few recent mainstream anime while praising others makes u a legal cuck

but ye, stop-motion Molcar is based and we needa get it from 1.5K viewers on MAL to at least twice that
Mar 8, 2021 1:44 PM

Oct 2018
To be fair you have to have a pretty high IQ to understand the subtle nuances of Pui Pui Molcar XD. No, but seriously it has a very low member count so that lack of people who watched it plus the people who did watch giving a pretty high score inflated to the top 200.
Mar 8, 2021 1:44 PM

May 2018
Johan said:
[

Meaningless speculation. I watched the first 8 episodes of Pui Pui Molcar, and can fully describe the only episode i remember being a bunch of hamster cars trying to force one hamster car into a carwash and then tricking him with a golden carrot. I'm not the type of person that has to lie or pretend to have seen things i haven't seen. Also if I hadn't seen it how would i know it's score is this absurd, and how would i be able to describe events happening like the animation cutting to real live living Koreans dancing in the backseat of these vehicles? Likewise i watched episodes 6-8 with @Roberto to show him how bad the show was. As if i need people to confirm my alibi for watching cartoons now lmfao

Fair play as I have come across some people downvote after trying a anime for one minute and giving a 1/10 rating . Everyone has different taste and opinion. I feel Demon Slayer is overrated but some may think its a top tier anime series. I feel your post is forcing your opinion onto others because you feel the anime you mentioned is superior. In other words An elitist.

Clannad AS, its been ages since I have seen this but I remember it was rather boring and suppose to be based on "real life" which at the start it was then went into fairy land. The pacing felt slow and characters did not stand out.

Shinsekai Yori is a typical example of a anime series, hide as much from the start then release the full hidden story at the end. I guess its one of those plot tactics which makes the viewer guessing. These are just my thoughts and I am sure you will disagree and will think the opposite.

Mar 8, 2021 1:49 PM

May 2010
Adimus_prime said:
To be fair you have to have a pretty high IQ to understand the subtle nuances of Pui Pui Molcar XD. No, but seriously it has a very low member count so that lack of people who watched it plus the people who did watch giving a pretty high score inflated to the top 200.

You know unironically maybe you're on to something. All the aneurysms MAL has given me over the years has proably lowered my IQ. Maybe i'm the retard surrounded by a bunch of normal people.

-Miku_Meister- said:
Johan said:
[

Fair play as I have come across some people downvote after trying a anime for one minute and giving a 1/10 rating . Everyone has different taste and opinion. I feel Demon Slayer is overrated but some may think its a top tier anime series. I feel your post is forcing your opinion onto others because you feel the anime you mentioned is superior. In other words An elitist.

Clannad AS, its been ages since I have seen this but I remember it was rather boring and suppose to be based on "real life" which at the start it was then went into fairy land. The pacing felt slow and characters did not stand out.

Shinsekai Yori is a typical example of a anime series, hide as much from the start then release the full hidden story at the end. I guess its one of those plot tactics which makes the viewer guessing. These are just my thoughts and I am sure you will disagree and will think the opposite.

Clannad almost always presented itself as a Slice of Life, Drama, Romance, Fantasy. I don't see how you can not acknowledge the fantastical elements of Clannad whn there were characters such as "Fuuko" early on. Plus its a Jun Maeda work.

Kimetsu no Yaiba is overrated, and its also a good show. Both can be simultaneously true. It does have some of the top 5 animation I've ever seen from a series ever, but I definitely don't think it was a special shounen- or anything better than the likes of Magi, Nanatsu no Taizai, or Ao No Exorcist. They're all on a similar tier story wise.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Mar 8, 2021 1:52 PM

Jan 2017
CodeBlazeFate said:
Cyber_Icarus said:
>i see the whole elitist brigade is having a reunion

cope and seethe and cry me a river lmfao
tfw hobbyist reviewer with score lower than 6 = elitist unless you're Stark. Such is the law of MAL, as disliking a few recent mainstream anime while praising others makes u a legal cuck

but ye, stop-motion Molcar is based and we needa get it from 1.5K viewers on MAL to at least twice that

Gonna use his amazing logic and say that i'm not an elitist because my mean score is almost 7. Checkmate libtards.
Mar 8, 2021 1:54 PM

Apr 2016
Cyber_Icarus said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Gonna use his amazing logic and say that i'm not an elitist because my mean score is almost 7. Checkmate libtards.
Oh but no you like one of the Elitist Starter Pack shows from 2006-2015, you automatically count, sorry. Get fucked, nerd.
Mar 8, 2021 1:56 PM

Jan 2017
CodeBlazeFate said:
Cyber_Icarus said:

Oh but no you like one of the Elitist Starter Pack shows from 2006-2015, you automatically count, sorry. Get fucked, nerd.

Destroyed with facts and logic and science. Time to bury my head in the sand.
Mar 8, 2021 1:58 PM

Apr 2016
Cyber_Icarus said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

They're turning the fucking frogs elitist!
Mar 8, 2021 2:00 PM

Jan 2017
CodeBlazeFate said:
Cyber_Icarus said:

They're turning the fucking frogs elitist!

on bruh they be do be bugging outta the wazzo
Mar 8, 2021 2:08 PM

Jun 2015
Lost the plot? I think the MAL community will only gain its plot when it finally stops caring about community scores lmao
Mar 8, 2021 2:10 PM

Apr 2016
ShadowMonkey said:
Lost the plot? I think the MAL community will only gain its plot when it finally stops caring about community scores lmao
So basically it will never happen, is what you're saying.
Mar 8, 2021 2:12 PM

Jun 2015
CodeBlazeFate said:
ShadowMonkey said:
So basically it will never happen, is what you're saying.
Exactly my point. limitlimitlimitlimit
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character?

Shizuna - Jun 3

45 by Hitagi__Furude »»
1 minute ago

» Fellas, I must ask for your aid in helping this Anime

APolygons2 - 2 minutes ago

0 by APolygons2 »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you look down on people who watch dubbed anime? ( 1 2 )

Iron_Leopard - Jun 7

62 by Swyzen »»
3 minutes ago

» Animations that are mistaken as anime

JoeChip - 58 minutes ago

4 by Tropisch »»
19 minutes ago

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby? ( 1 2 3 )

Anjuro - Jun 3

110 by Fyk0 »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.