Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 26, 2020 10:32 AM

Jan 2019
RiceKnight59 said:
Garfiel actually does turn into Garfield LOL

I'm glad best girl is back and was able to support Subaru. All this time he's been dealing with his ability alone and had no one he could talk to about it. Does this mean she's been inside his head since he showed up in this world?

Assuming she knows "everything" and what she doesn't know she wants to find out I can say that maybe...yes?...yeah most probably yes
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Aug 26, 2020 10:33 AM

Aug 2014
Came out of nowhere to being best girl right away <3 Great episode.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Aug 26, 2020 10:33 AM

May 2016
This was a fantastic episode. White Fox did the rabbit scene justice. I was worried on how are they going to animate that.

And not going to lie but my eyes did get watery at the end.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Aug 26, 2020 10:35 AM
Jul 2018

Whoever you are, it sucks to be you.
Aug 26, 2020 10:38 AM

Jan 2020
Monty Phyton rabbit lmao

I hate thinking Garfiel probably gonna be ally after what he did to Otto and Patrasche
Aug 26, 2020 10:42 AM

May 2014
Amazing episode. Loved the revelations about Beatrice and Echdina.

However I'm ready for Garfiel furry bara now. Gimme some, fan artists!

Aug 26, 2020 10:45 AM

May 2016
So that was... amazing. Wow. Just wow. Those last few minutes of the episode were absolutely stellar. The music builds it up to it climactically, and then the confession. Subaru, for the first time ever, is able to tell someone about his return by death ability, and it's so emotional. The way he just repeats himself, as if to compensate for all the times he couldn't say it, is just so emotional. He can finally tell someone about this. He's been going through so much pain, and he hasn't been able to tell ANYONE about it, so he just repeats it. That emotional breakdown of his made me tear up. And Echidna's response was amazing. She knows. She's seen it. All of it. But she doesn't know the pain Subaru has been through. She doesn't know just how hard it was. She doesn't know what Subaru was thinking in those most desperate, painful times. So she wants him to tell her. Those last few minutes alone made this episode a 10/10 episode, and solidified Echidna as best girl of Re:Zero. Or maybe Rem is still the best girl of Re:Zero, I'm not sure, but I know it's close. Ram has also been pretty funny and cool during this season. Also, that rabbit scene was painful to watch. Also, fuck Garfiel. Scary rabbits and asshole beasty boy aside, I am absolutely loving this season of Re:Zero.
Aug 26, 2020 10:46 AM
Jul 2019
I think this is one of the most moving episodes, because after all of Subaru's suffering he went through alone he was finally able to tell someone (Echidna).
Aug 26, 2020 10:47 AM

Jul 2017
Subaru needs the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch!
https://tenor.com/wnef.gif
D1tchd1ggerAug 26, 2020 10:56 AM
Aug 26, 2020 10:54 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
That rabbit scene was excellent. Last week I felt the emotion of the light novel wasn't quite fully captured, but this week they hit it out of the park. Great episode!

As a side note, it's odd that Echidna says that the Sloth Witch Factor helped stabilize his condition. That would make sense based on the day to day definition of sloth, but with reference to what we saw of Sloth in the anime, I'm pretty certain no one would call Petelgeuse stable. Maybe a Witch Factor is a bit like morphine: useful in the short term, but messes you up if you get addicted?
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Aug 26, 2020 10:58 AM
Sep 2008
Queen Bae Echidna

Also roswaals shady "I'm an ally to all of you"
Aug 26, 2020 11:04 AM
Jul 2017
I love Echidna, it's good to finally see Subaru telling someone everything he has gone through
Aug 26, 2020 11:04 AM

Sep 2018
Can this get any better!?
The last time I was this excited for a new episode of a show was Aot S3 part 2.
My man subaru finally gets to tell someone what he's been through. Echidna being the best girl right there.
Foken scary ass rabbits!
Aug 26, 2020 11:06 AM
Sep 2008
plz_nofindme said:
Dang, what an episode. I'd imagine Echidna is also scheming something, as maybe she wants more knowledge about the world and Subaru is quite unique, and she is a witch after all, but at that moment the comfort she provided to Subaru was the exact thing he needed.

Was a bit confused on how much time passed from being captured by Garfiel to waking up in the snow (and turned into a meal yikes...), and what happened during that time, but maybe it'll get answered later or isn't important.

I was thinking not too much time had passed and puck destroyed the world again or some weird time fuckery with the glowing stone
Aug 26, 2020 11:07 AM
Aug 2020
That rabbit gave me a little trauma
Aug 26, 2020 11:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Ram as the hidden helper/attendant huh lol. You know from this point on it will be nice to hear the OP rather than not feature it at all. Roswaal is as cryptic as ever but the insight into Beatrice's nature was pretty insightful. That aura that Garf had sure made him look daemonic. But man his beast form was impressive. Otto though really came through at great cost. Subaru's second death by carnivorous rabbits though sure was brutal. Echidna's reaction at hearing Subaru's desire to remember her sure was amusing. Still the bravery that Subaru needed to have as he told her of his return to death power must have been immense due to the many grim memories of pain that will also visualise as he said them. Subaru's breakdown was proof of this. Overall an excellent ep that managed to balance well surprise, emotional devastation and character advancement. Looking forward to seeing Echidna get some much needed expansion as she opens up to Subaru.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2020 11:11 AM

Mar 2014
And once again from Subaru's perspective, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?! He gets teleported to "safety" with the necklace but wakes up to evil rabbits and gets eaten alive?! Why was it snowing? Did they get Emilia too and made Puck go berserk again? The worst part of it all was that that death was definitely not quick. God... to remember the pain of getting nibbled to death (INSIDE AND OUT) by cute rabbits... No wonder he absolutely lost it on the next turn. At least this time Echidna was there to intervene and give him some sort of mental release before he caught himself in a suicide loop.

Unfortunately, I've been spoiled on the ending to this scene I think, and I'm not looking forward to the repercussions. Subaru's suffering has only just begun it seems

Also, the difference between a half-beast and a quarter-beast was quite stark. No wonder there's such discrimination against them. Poor Otto, Patrasche, and those villagers. They died protecting Subaru from that monster ;~;
Aug 26, 2020 11:18 AM
Sep 2008
So cute rabbits but mabeasts

Also Subaru now knows he's on a tight schedule. Gotta leave to help with the mansion but can't be gone too long or some shit might happen and puck destroys the world.
Aug 26, 2020 11:18 AM

Dec 2016
What a great episode! What a great season! even better than S1.
The shy Echidna, a new waifu confirmed.
Aug 26, 2020 11:23 AM

Aug 2016
This was a sad episode. Those poor villagers. In LN Garfiel gouges out one of Subaru's eyes which made the villagers go violent and attack Garfiel to save Subaru.

This is the first time Subaru realizes how many others were willing to actually die for him and it motivates him to do everything to save everyone.

This is why the chapters name is "the value of a life". Very poignant.

That ending with Echidna was also very touching.
Raytheon_ThunderAug 26, 2020 11:26 AM
Aug 26, 2020 11:24 AM

May 2018
Echidna best girl. Subaru can finally express himself. He can finally share his burden with others.
Aug 26, 2020 11:24 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Those rabbits were truly unsettling. What a way to die this time around.

On another note, I shot someone down for shipping Subaru with Echidna, but after todays episode, the h
thought is growing on me. She's literally the only one he can talk too about his deepest darkest secrets.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 26, 2020 11:26 AM

May 2015
I didn't expect otto to sacrifice himself for Subaru. But looking back on the last episode, yeah he was pretty much solidified as a friend. I wonder what exactly happened for Subaru to get sent to that winter nightmare. Was it a long time gap? Or just teleportation? Whatever the case may be, those rabbits are sure gonna leave some trauma.
Aug 26, 2020 11:28 AM

Apr 2014
So this time Subaru dies by being eaten alive by rabbits from Caerbannog (kudos to those who will know without Googling). Also, blushing Echidna was cute.
Aug 26, 2020 11:30 AM

Sep 2011
Wow, this is probably one of the best episodes in the entire series so far. Subaru can finally talk to someone about RBD which creates a very special relationship between those two.
Aug 26, 2020 11:32 AM
Mar 2015
Glad that Echidana understands his pain
Aug 26, 2020 11:34 AM

Jun 2010
Can someone explain the rabbits to me? I feel like Subaru should have died way sooner, and while horribly gruesome I don't understand why that death in-particular seems to have completely destroyed his mental state. Was there something not explained about them that was keeping him alive while they ate him?
Aug 26, 2020 11:37 AM

Mar 2016
I will never touch a rabbit again in my life.
Aug 26, 2020 11:38 AM
Apr 2020
man the ending with echidna was sooooooo good. Especially her last words "That's me... Echidna' with all the bloom similar to episode 25. It sent so many chills down my spine.
Aug 26, 2020 11:39 AM

Dec 2017
I literally cried, cried, cried, and then laughed, laughed, laughed. If an anime that presents such a show, and does that to me doesn't deserve ten, then I don't know what it might deserve.

After that episode I need to even review the note I gave the first season. And get Echidna a place on my favorites.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 26, 2020 11:41 AM

May 2018
Tiago_Vaz_007 said:
I literally cried, cried, cried, and then laughed, laughed, laughed. If an anime that presents such a show, and does that to me doesn't deserve ten, then I don't know what it might deserve.

After that episode I need to even review the note I gave the first season. And get Echidna a place on my favorites.

Glad to see I am not alone here. I just gave Echidna a favorite in my spot after today episode.
Aug 26, 2020 11:41 AM

Jan 2019
neonie said:
Can someone explain the rabbits to me? I feel like Subaru should have died way sooner, and while horribly gruesome I don't understand why that death in-particular seems to have completely destroyed his mental state. Was there something not explained about them that was keeping him alive while they ate him?

Wild animals usually prefer to keep their prey alive because the blood is still running and hot and many "delicious" hormones are being produced by the host...that's why they kept him alive for a lil bit longer and that's also the reason animals don't eat dead bodies in general (but maybe they have another ability i don't know, but biologically this is the answer)
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Aug 26, 2020 11:52 AM
Aug 2020
I won't be able to see the Bunnies same way anymore

Mar 2017
I felt every bit of relief and renewed pain that Subaru did when he told Echidna about Return By Death. He's suffered so long all on his own and now he can finally tell someone about it all. I am hoping so much that Echidna isn't going to betray Subaru cause I think that'd finally finish him off.

That scene where he was eaten alive... fucking hell. That horrified me so much that I actually cried! That is by far the worst death he's had so far. I'm just glad he didn't have to psychologically deal with it for too long when he revived

Jan 2015
The rabbits scene made me cringe so much lmao, it was so gruesome.

And that ending!
Greatest episode in the whole franchise
Aug 26, 2020 11:56 AM

Feb 2015
What a brutal way to die, death by bunnies. Still want to know why he was transported there and what those rabbits were. Excellent episode
Aug 26, 2020 11:59 AM

Mar 2012
This series is going to be top level anime and will always be remembered.
A true masterpiece indeed.
Aug 26, 2020 12:05 PM

May 2012
He finally is able to talk about it.

Now this is the Re:Zero that was missing from last weeks episode. The setup, the truth, and the pain. Always love how they show that Subaru--- physical pain may heal, none of the emotional ones do. Being the only one who remembers the events must be devastating. Something we knew about back in season 1, but he had Rem. Now he once again alone trying to deal with this.

The scene with Echidna was perfect. It's all Subaru wanted. Just to be able to tell someone. Now we find out she has been seeing all the events the whole time was mind blowing to learn. Allowing Subaru to say it himself was brilliant as well. It was something bitter-sweet about Echidna comforting Subarau. You can she cares, but at the same time she is still the Witch of Greed. The makings of a terrible relationship. Got to love it.

Also the credits rolling like a gawd damn movie was perfect. I thought this was the last episode lol. There still a lot to talk about, like Beatrice having a Mirai Nikki, and Garfiel being a lot more ferral than Frederica, but the last scene got to me.

Tear up for my boi. 5/5
Aug 26, 2020 12:08 PM

Aug 2020
Life is valuable!
Echidna is going to be the best character in season 2!
Aug 26, 2020 12:13 PM

Aug 2013
So, people will be still saying that this season is worse than 1st one?
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 26, 2020 12:21 PM

Jun 2014
Damn my man Subaru really got clapped by demon rabbits.

I liked his scene with Echidna, finally he was able to reveal his Return by Death ability to someone.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 26, 2020 12:23 PM

Mar 2018
Sokah said:
Crying about having a super power and whining about not being able to tell people. The fact that this guy is such an unlikeable whiny idiot sometimes makes this show really hard to watch.

WHAAA! I can time travel!
WHAAA! I can't tell anyone!
WHAAA!

Wait, 32 episodes in and people still haven't realized this is a character drama with actual human beings rather than badass & fun caricatures?

AbsurdTurk said:
FUCK, this episode was insane.

People say Subaru went insane in episode 15 (I think it was 15) in season 1, but the anime pointed out how he was faking insanity.

Actually no, you're not supposed to take Petelgeuse's (or anyone's in this series, really) words at face value. Petelgeuse believed he was faking it because Subaru's "insanity" (or rather complete mental breakdown) doesn't correspond with his idea of it; he was mocking it. It's explicited in the novels.
Aug 26, 2020 12:24 PM
Jun 2016
chid_emordi1 said:

That white rabbit scene was so disturbing and terrifying- at one point I saw the rabbits chewing on his tongue and ears

If you look even more closely when he was being eaten alive, frame by frame (I know, I had to hold my breath), you can see the rabbits BURROWING INSIDE HIS SKIN AND EATING HIS INTERNAL ORGANS. That’s what really got me.
Aug 26, 2020 12:28 PM

Jun 2019
Sokah said:
Crying about having a super power and whining about not being able to tell people. The fact that this guy is such an unlikeable whiny idiot sometimes makes this show really hard to watch.

WHAAA! I can time travel!
WHAAA! I can't tell anyone!
WHAAA!

Crying about character not being OP emotionless Kirito of his own anime having a character development and acting naturally? The fact that guy like you watch anime sometimes makes this threads really hard to read.

WHAAA! He's not OP!
WHAAA! He's crying!
WHAAA!
Aug 26, 2020 12:30 PM

Feb 2016
Fantastic episode, but holy sh*t, what a horrific way to die lmao. Poor Otto tho.
Aug 26, 2020 12:32 PM

May 2016
This part was so powerful.

TeamDalaiLanaAug 26, 2020 11:28 PM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Aug 26, 2020 12:35 PM

Aug 2017
Subaru cried. I cried. We all cried.
Aug 26, 2020 12:35 PM
May 2019
This season is slowly becoming a masterpiece
Aug 26, 2020 12:38 PM
Sep 2018
anime-prime said:
At this point it feels like this arc is being unnaturally stretched out to reach a 13 episode count. There was a lot of unnecessary padding in these past few episodes.

That being said, it was still enjoyable and we got a few more pieces of the puzzle, although the rabbit scene was a little too ridiculous, even for anime standards.

This arc will be all 25 episodes, not 13...
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

506 by HiroTail1 »»
May 19, 7:10 PM

» Emilia chest size increase

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23, 2020

13 by RaptorDan »»
May 9, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 16, 2020

675 by titty »»
Apr 11, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 2, 2020

516 by titty »»
Apr 11, 12:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.