Forum Settings
Forums

Who is the most useless character that even if they were to be removed from the anime, nothing about the story will change?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 14, 2019 1:51 AM

Feb 2015
MeisterDM said:
SigmaticDoc said:

Ya know, Emilia's also done stuff for Subaru. And just because she's done less doesn't mean he's obliged to fall in love with Rem. That's literally the toxic idiotic ''nice guy'' mentality, though Rem wasn't that because she accepted it fairly quickly.

Its tragedy”I’m so insecure”desu you’re talking to, he’s a lost cause.

I looked up a few of his forum posts now.
Not gonna lie, his opinions are devoid of any sense of logic. Lol
"Girls that are sometimes rude and hit the MC but at other times they're sweet are disgusting, meanwhile my fav characters are men that cause massive pointless destruction and murder, cause that somehow doesn't totally make me contradictory af''.

lol
Anime List|Manga List | Discord: Azureal#2963
Apr 14, 2019 2:21 AM

Oct 2018
not very much but I go for yamcha from dragonball,
I want to put eren too because levi is 10x better for mc...
Apr 14, 2019 3:00 AM

Mar 2012
All the background fangirls that only swoon over the male lead and maybe even form obnoxious fanclubs to show how popular he is. They have zero plot value and most anime would be better off without them. Same goes for the background chatty girls who ship pretty much anything and everything.
Apr 14, 2019 3:19 AM
Nov 2013
Minoru Mineta from bnha, put it down
Apr 14, 2019 3:21 AM

Jul 2016
Everyone from DBZ's main cast, with the exception of Goku, Vegeta, Beerus and Whis.
Apr 14, 2019 3:28 AM

Apr 2017
GlowingAura said:
bodysiamwithani said:
Wrong, it's the MC. You're just saying the wrong thing because you're a fan of harems...I can tell by your signature. News flash, Araragi still has no personality no matter how much power he has!

Have you even watched Monogatari? Araragi is the reason why everything in that series happened in the first place...

Oopsie, that's kinda spoiler fam...
Apr 14, 2019 4:35 AM

Dec 2016
Optigisa said:
Everyone from DBZ's main cast, with the exception of Goku, Vegeta, Beerus and Whis.

Krilin was pretty useful overall. If not for him, can Goku became a Super Saiyan? Who gonna go and look for the Namek dragon ball? Who gonna seduce the hot android and help turn the android.
Apr 14, 2019 5:51 AM

Apr 2017
Mineta from BNHA: unfunny, useless and annoying character
Apr 14, 2019 6:03 AM
Jul 2018
Kuro_Neko04 said:
GlowingAura said:

Have you even watched Monogatari? Araragi is the reason why everything in that series happened in the first place...

Oopsie, that's kinda spoiler fam...

The main character plays an important role in plot development!?!?!?!
Apr 14, 2019 7:56 AM
Jul 2018
The entire cast of Guilty Crown and the invisible girl from My Hero Academy; she had so much potential to develop an interesting and intricate character by touching on what she feels like about not being able to be seen. But no, she's just there for a couple of seconds every few episodes.
Apr 14, 2019 7:57 AM

Jul 2015
Psytrance said:
L_o_l_i said:
Even Aisaka Taiga? She's part Tsun too..~

She's love. No one could really hate her.

I hate her. Here, you found a special snowflake (^:
Apr 14, 2019 8:06 AM
Mar 2019
Man if i were to choose , i will go with mc from kakeguri , the dude doesnt do shit , he is jusy sitting there watching people gamble , and finally when i thought he began to change , it was a filler epispde
Apr 14, 2019 8:15 AM

Aug 2018
Renn said:
Every single romance anime that throws in an entirely new character in the final few episodes just to have a forced and completely unnecessary love triangle to extend the run time of the series by a couple of episodes.
Actually, a pretty fucking good anwser ! I agree that those last minute characters that you know that won't win are pretty useless and generally boring.
Apr 14, 2019 9:07 AM

Jan 2017
1. Rem from Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
2. Sakura from Naruto

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Apr 14, 2019 9:23 AM

Sep 2018
Yamcha from Dragon Ball is the most insignificant character I can think of.
Apr 14, 2019 10:09 AM

Feb 2014
Fucking Meow from Space Dandy. I don't remember that bum adding anything to the show, besides lying around on the ship and being annoying all the time. Even the episode meant to give him some development turned out good because of his dad.
Apr 14, 2019 11:19 AM

Nov 2017
Lucy from Fairy Tail. She's absolutly useless.
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶?
𝘐'𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶.

¡ǝɯ ɥʇᴉʍ ǝɹǝɥ uᴉ ʞɔnʇs ǝɹ,no⅄
Apr 14, 2019 12:34 PM

Jan 2011
the blonde guy from Clannad maybe? i dont remember any purpose for this character other than to get beat up by the tsundere as a form of comedy (an overall just to get treated like shit by every other character in the show)
Apr 14, 2019 12:51 PM

Feb 2010
silversaint said:
the blonde guy from Clannad maybe? i dont remember any purpose for this character other than to get beat up by the tsundere as a form of comedy (an overall just to get treated like shit by every other character in the show)

You do know that the gray haired girl is not a tsundere.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 14, 2019 12:51 PM
Jul 2018
BlueOtaku2001 said:
Aqua from konosuba is pretty useless and nothing would change if she wasn't there.
even if its a meme, have to disagree, without her megumin and darkness probably wouldnt have joined and kazuma wouldnt be revived after death (he died like 2(?) times I believe and got revived)
Apr 14, 2019 12:52 PM

Jul 2016
ExaltedChampion said:
Optigisa said:

Krilin was pretty useful overall. If not for him, can Goku became a Super Saiyan? Who gonna go and look for the Namek dragon ball? Who gonna seduce the hot android and help turn the android.

Lol I guess him being useless turned out pretty useful after all.
Apr 14, 2019 1:03 PM

Jul 2017
every background character
idk character filler
Apr 14, 2019 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
This whole thread sucks, I would like to hope you are trolling but I have learned that anime fans just suck in general really.

Zero no Tsukaima and Toradora are great shows, if you write them off cause you are a wiggly sphincter beta boy that is emotionally bothered by cartoon tough girls, you should prep H up and find a new hobby.

I thought it was DBS not DBZ at the point of beerus and whis

also the most useless character that could be removed and the story not really change dramatically, is Sakura. She just wasn't a good character. Gratuitous role.

Apr 14, 2019 1:14 PM

Jan 2011
hazarddex said:
silversaint said:

You do know that the gray haired girl is not a tsundere.

i meant the blue hair girl who was constantly beating him up but now that i remember the grey hair girl beat him up as well
Apr 14, 2019 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
Rokusuke Kouenji in Classroom of the Elite is funny but if he wasn't in the anime nothing would change in the story I think. I still wonder sometimes why he is even on the cover. x)
Apr 14, 2019 2:34 PM

Sep 2014
Just wanted to say this is actually an interestint topic for once, because its super rare to have no impact at all. Usually disposable characters are introduced exactly to develope the plot. Or they are so minor nobody cares anyway.

"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 14, 2019 3:42 PM

Oct 2018
Esquirtit said:
Invisible girl in MHA. So fucking lame

But her hentai is something else...
Apr 14, 2019 5:17 PM

Aug 2018
ADrunksock said:
That chick from the Elfen lied manga who pisses herself. She was so pointless, they cut her out of the Anime adaptation completely.

That girl who pissed herself almost made me drop the manga, years ago. I felt like I was looking at something from DeviantArt. I 100% agree with you- she shouldn't of ever been made.
OsumareApr 14, 2019 5:21 PM
"Of what worth is a king who fails to protect the powerless?" —Saber, Fate/Zero
Apr 14, 2019 5:55 PM

Apr 2019
Ryouta from Kakegurui,
Why is he here?

Apr 14, 2019 6:24 PM

Apr 2010
Pretty much any female character in any Shonen series.
Apr 14, 2019 6:33 PM

Nov 2018
*your waifu* could be removed from their show without any real consequence. Just a filler character tbh. All they do is add a few scenes here and there just to fill an episode.

gonna be real though, there are a few many "abusive girl" haters in here weeeeew
// not a masochist but i want a girl to hit me, hbu?
Apr 14, 2019 11:55 PM

Jun 2016
Rivalz from Code geass

Tenten from Naruto

Shino Aburame from Naruto

Kiba inazuka from Naruto

Sasori from Naruto

Apr 15, 2019 12:03 AM

Dec 2018
Filo from Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari.

Shes not unimportant but she is unnecessary af and she ruins the romance shit btw Raph and Naofumi and thats damn annoying
If you rated Jujutsu Kaisen a 10/10, then your opinion is not valid.

AOT>FMAB
Apr 15, 2019 12:11 AM

Feb 2016
The invisible girl from My hero academia. The show literally needs to remind us that she exists
Apr 15, 2019 3:53 AM

Jan 2019
A lot of the characters in AoT exist just to be titan fodder.

Apr 15, 2019 5:38 AM

Dec 2016
TAS_the_SPAS said:
A lot of the characters in AoT exist just to be titan fodder.

Well, they are cannon fodder after all, their job is to die and provide the emotional motivation for the main cahracter.
Apr 15, 2019 7:10 AM

Jun 2014
Toru Hagakure from Boku no hero academia
like she is invisible hahaah
Apr 15, 2019 3:19 PM

Apr 2019
silent_knight98 said:
bodysiamwithani said:

Wrong, it's the MC. You're just saying the wrong thing because you're a fan of harems...I can tell by your signature. News flash, Araragi still has no personality no matter how much power he has!
OP is not asking bout the characters which u wanna remove from a show coz u hate them. He is asking for the ones which are useless to a series and even if u remove them, the storyline is not affected. How come the storyline will not change if u remove the MC?

A character with no personality is no character.
Apr 15, 2019 3:20 PM

Apr 2019
GlowingAura said:
bodysiamwithani said:

I have watched it, and I won't change my stance on Araragi. Araragi is every MC of every harem ever aka he has absolutely no personality.
Apr 15, 2019 3:30 PM

Apr 2019
the purple ball man from bnha

im too lazy to look up his name.

I actually do like his character a bit, but if you were to remove him nothing would change ;-;

Apr 15, 2019 8:26 PM

Jan 2017
bodysiamwithani said:

I have watched it, and I won't change my stance on Araragi. Araragi is every MC of every harem ever aka he has absolutely no personality.
But wait, arent u the guy who said that "I dont watch any other series than Gintama"? I remember a guy who made a thread on Best Animated Fight Scenes or something like that and he only had Gintama anime in his favourites like u. I might be wrong but if u are that guy than how u watched Monogatari LOL.
Apr 15, 2019 8:42 PM

Sep 2018
I can't really think of any xd

insert obligatory "Aqua, because she is useless" quote here

May 1, 2019 7:16 AM
Apr 2019
Congintive said:
L_o_l_i said:

Yeah, yeah I know that he's a Masochist from the start that's why I drop it because the thing I hate more than the tsundere bitch is maso mc and they are the most disgusting thing happen in anime/manga.

If the main character is a masochistic I want to watch iittt. Sounds hot. Well, if it's a male masochistic anyway, not a female masochistic.
May 1, 2019 12:44 PM
Nov 2018
It will be Sakurakouji Sakura, from Code:Breaker. The most annoying character ever
Eventually, you'll fall into death's embrace anyway, so it's stupid to be bound by useless ideals.

May 1, 2019 1:15 PM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
shiina mayuri from steins gate , i know that nobody agree with me xD
May 1, 2019 1:40 PM

Aug 2010
Mkonji69 said:
Touma from index. Dull character, boring power, etc.

the whole story revolved around him... you cant remove him from index
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
May 3, 2019 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
I don't see Zankyou no Terror being any different without Five's excistence to begin with.
May 3, 2019 2:42 PM

Nov 2013
Yabetil said:
It will be Sakurakouji Sakura, from Code:Breaker. The most annoying character ever

sakurakouji sakura still haunts me to this day, what a mess. just reading the name kills me
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 4, 2019 6:20 AM
Feb 2019
girls from sword art online aincrad arc except asuna
May 4, 2019 7:36 AM

Aug 2016
Raki from Claymore.
30 characters.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » what is your stance on "i don't wanna watch that anime, the art style sucks" ?

ame - 5 hours ago

28 by Cazqui-09 »»
45 seconds ago

» What are some shows/movies that anime fans would like?

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

11 by APolygons2 »»
14 minutes ago

» What are considered 'the best anime clothes'?

SgtBateMan - Yesterday

28 by SgtBateMan »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Will we ever get a anime cross over as big as the MCU?

Old_School_Akira - Yesterday

28 by SaltyCookie »»
2 hours ago

» i think most of us know anime is just a medium, but...

LenRea - 3 hours ago

9 by WatchTillTandava »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.