Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2018 1:41 PM
Dec 2018
LauraBirdie said:
You know I was kind of on board with this season, almost forgotten the disgusting "Asada-san!"scene, and they pull something like this.

Awful.

Also this should not be compared to the Jojo Villain trope killing animals. Those are meant to make the viewer hate the villain but the villains still have some sort of motivation going on OTHER THAN just being an animal killer. The villains in SAO are just terribly shallow. The only "villain" that might have had an interesting motive was the inventor of SAO but they never really explained why he murdered thousands through a video game.

You mean like how Sugou was fostering a mind control technology meant to sell to America? Or how Death Gun was a three man team with the most notable one having a disassociation disease where he desired to live in a virtual reality? Or are we going to talk about these two who are doing what they do due to the conceit fostered by their lifestyle and just flat out getting back at Eugeo?

By the way, your explanation makes the JoJo villains worse because there is literally no other reason for them to murder the dogs then just because "see their evil" while SAO villains actually have a reason to attempt a rape.
Dec 8, 2018 1:45 PM

Jul 2015
Finally, it's over. I wasn't enjoying the academy life with cheesy villains.

Dec 8, 2018 1:51 PM

Mar 2014
Writer_Man said:
LauraBirdie said:
You know I was kind of on board with this season, almost forgotten the disgusting "Asada-san!"scene, and they pull something like this.

Awful.

Also this should not be compared to the Jojo Villain trope killing animals. Those are meant to make the viewer hate the villain but the villains still have some sort of motivation going on OTHER THAN just being an animal killer. The villains in SAO are just terribly shallow. The only "villain" that might have had an interesting motive was the inventor of SAO but they never really explained why he murdered thousands through a video game.

You mean like how Sugou was fostering a mind control technology meant to sell to America? Or how Death Gun was a three man team with the most notable one having a disassociation disease where he desired to live in a virtual reality? Or are we going to talk about these two who are doing what they do due to the conceit fostered by their lifestyle and just flat out getting back at Eugeo?

By the way, your explanation makes the JoJo villains worse because there is literally no other reason for them to murder the dogs then just because "see their evil" while SAO villains actually have a reason to attempt a rape.

Araki stated "I want to make the viewers hate them and killing an animal is the worst thing I can think of".

The killing of animals is not their ultimate goal, it's like part of a checklist for a villain. The look, the evil cackle, the killing of an animal. Again, I hate it and I'm not defending it. But it's still different. It's a small part of being a Jojo villain.

In SAO assaulting a woman is pretty much what it builds towards and where it ends. It's the climax (no pun intended).

I know several people who dropped SAO after the "Asada-san!" scene, and I was damn close to dropping it right there. It was absolutely awful, and so was this.

"SAO villains actually have a reason to attempt a rape." How many reasons do we need exactly, and why is the writer of SAO not done with that after just one.

LauraBirdieDec 8, 2018 2:01 PM
Dec 8, 2018 2:05 PM

Jun 2010
You guys should really stop feeding the haters, trolls, and whiners. They aren't worth your time and effort, and you aren't going to change their, "Boo hoo." Attitude.
Dec 8, 2018 2:08 PM
Mar 2017
I like this forum, it's not like facebook or any other place that instead of debating and putting arguments, they just tell you:
"It's just a drawing, it's not real" ...

Does anyone know how to contradict / crush that phrase?
FireCrauterDec 8, 2018 2:11 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Dec 8, 2018 2:14 PM

Mar 2015
I think i never laughed this much in a "serious" anime episode, it was so over the top that i could not help but laugh.

Dec 8, 2018 2:22 PM

Aug 2013
Cool episode though the sexual assault scene was messed up, especially Raios. Glad he is gone.

Alice, in the end, looked awesome.

Dec 8, 2018 2:33 PM

Jun 2010
FireCrauter said:
I like this forum, it's not like facebook or any other place that instead of debating and putting arguments, they just tell you:

Probably not, unless drawing are your reality, in which case I would highly suggest going to see a mental health professional, as you've lost the ability distinguish fiction from reality.
Dec 8, 2018 2:36 PM

Jan 2017
I watch goblin slayer low key because of those nsfw elements, whereas with Sao, I just watch it. Big mistake. Had the most awkward moments ever in that half hour. Fml.
However, another side of me was pissed that it was massively censored, I Actually thought at one point my hand cast a shadow over the screen.

In any case, amazing episode, it was so profound and had me gritting my teeth as to what would be happening next; it was obvious kirito was going t9 be doing the heroics but he's a surprised to see him enter that late and have had Eugeo kick things off.
Those guys had it coming though, their room felt like a red light district and their conceit got the better of them...
Can't wait for next

P.S.
Is anyone able to direct me to an uncensored version 'cause that black eclipsed entire scenes (and because I would rather watch it with hentai-esque elements included)
tidoesstuffDec 8, 2018 2:50 PM
Dec 8, 2018 2:38 PM
Dec 2018
FireCrauter said:

"It still evokes real emotions from me as is intended."
Dec 8, 2018 2:39 PM

Jun 2016
Where is Goblin Slayer's fans? GOOOOOOD, IT WAS SUUUUUUUUUUUUPER. It's time to Alicization Rising.
Dec 8, 2018 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
It's like a 12 year old made this episode...though it's par for the course for SAO
Dec 8, 2018 2:40 PM
May 2017
I liked the GS rape scene. Felt really natural and added to the rabid image of the goblins and the dark realism that the show was trying to set up.
This rape scene though, was so unnatural and exaggerated, it is borderline hilarious. The long tounges, the jumping to the bed, the bulging eyes and suddenly crooked teeth . The villains' actions didn't feel like it was coming from themselves but from the writer trying to use cartoonishly vile rape to evoke negative emotion. The scenes were badly written that it was able to break my suspension of disbelief and I am left saying "wtf?" for the rest of the episode
Dec 8, 2018 2:41 PM

Jun 2014
What the fuck even...... I cant even begin to explain to.... what?.... Just... what the fuck.....

This was so far worse than the Asuna rape episode of SAO1. Lightyears worse than the "Asada-san Asada-san Asada-san" rape episode of SAO2. In this episode, every passing second between 4:22 and 19:25 exponentially increased how unbearably awful the episode was. I dont even care that SAO features rape; its more about the disgustingly over the top way they present the scenes. Like goddamn, the whole purpose of these past few episodes was to show how broken this world's rule system is and how the nobles are able to abuse said rule system. So dont turn it into a cringey comedic edgefest.
Dec 8, 2018 2:42 PM
Dec 2015
Cartoonish villains finally made their move and Jesus-kun saved the day. I wonder when that'll happen again. Still gonna watch it tho. All scenes with villains are so bad that they actually make me laugh.
Dec 8, 2018 2:46 PM

Apr 2018
I am speechless. This episode was in every possible way amazing. Can't wait for the next episode where they meet alice again.
Dec 8, 2018 2:46 PM

Nov 2017
Amazing episode!

It's CRAZY between the rape scene who is creepy and the fight between Kirito and Raios!
ElyshionDec 13, 2019 3:50 PM
Dec 8, 2018 2:49 PM

Apr 2016
tambi33 said:

P.S.
Is anyone able to direct me to an uncensored version 'cause that black eclipsed entire scenes (and because I would rather watch it with hentai-assume elements included)

There is no uncensored version, not until the BD are out but you can find on nyaa raws that are not as censored as the CR. CR zoomed some moments and cut a few scenes. There is on Twitter a comparison video between the CR and the raw

Dec 8, 2018 2:52 PM
a car

Jun 2017
*LN reader here; skipped all the way to this page without bothering to read most of the comments*

I had a feeling that this part was gonna be when Alicization would finally get attention! "Two can play at that game!" SAO said to Goblin Slayer!

Oh AniTubers I smell a great new video idea for you!

Dec 8, 2018 2:55 PM

Jul 2015
I do not remember that I saw such violence in any other Sword Art Online series. This episode was good and it ended with a cliffhanger. Can't wait to see the next episode.
Dec 8, 2018 2:59 PM

Apr 2018
Rape Art Online
what a great show lmao

Dec 8, 2018 3:02 PM
Oct 2012
neonie said:
See some people saying there was actual rape in the web novel version?

Does anyone have a link to that for citation purposes?

SAO Webnovel is no longer canon and it's pretty hard to find these days.
people who talk about it only heard of it from others or read it from wikia.

Many thing changed from Webnovel. and this part was written in 2005 in Webnovel.

in the Webnovel the whole sexual assault scene did not happen in the story, but the way it was described, by the Time Eugeo got to the 2 noble's room, they showed him the 2 girl naked on the bed, which can easily mean they already rape them and finished, and was waiting to show it to Eugeo. but the actual thing completely happen off-screen.

at this point Eugeo break his eye and actually kill one of the nobles instead of cuting his arm like the LN.
then Kirito come.

most these changes are duo to the change in time and culture, back in 2001 to 2005 when these chapters were written many novels used the rape cliche. author even said this in a Tweet that most popular novels of his time when he went to high school for example 黄金拍車 was like this, so he write it like that back then, but he said on his new Arc he will try to avoid it.

Webnovel also had some other change like Asuna killing her bodyguard that was trying to kill Kirito !
she was so mad she killed him. but LN made kirito kill that guy.

Dec 8, 2018 3:08 PM

Jun 2010
Pedram said:
neonie said:
See some people saying there was actual rape in the web novel version?

Does anyone have a link to that for citation purposes?

Many thing changed from Webnovel. and this part was written in 2005 in Webnovel.

in the Webnovel the whole sexual assault scene did not happen in the story, but the way it was described, by the Time Eugeo got to the 2 noble's room, they showed him the 2 girl naked on the bed, which can easily mean they already rape them and finished, and was waiting to show it to Eugeo. but the actual thing completely happen off-screen.

at this point Eugeo break his eye and actually kill one of the nobles instead of cuting his arm like the LN.
then Kirito come.

most these changes are duo to the change in time and culture, back in 2001 to 2005 when these chapters were written many novels used the rape cliche. author even said this in a Tweet that most popular novels of his time when he went to high school for example 黄金拍車 was like this, so he write it like that back then, but he said on his new Arc he will try to avoid it.

Webnovel also had some other change like Asuna killing her bodyguard that was trying to kill Kirito !

Huh, interesting. So it sounds like despite the implied rape, the scene was actually toned up in the LN. Although without actually being able to read it my self, and with no citation, I can't really fully form an opinion on which I like more.
Dec 8, 2018 3:10 PM

Jun 2010
joshua10red said:
tambi33 said:

P.S.
Is anyone able to direct me to an uncensored version 'cause that black eclipsed entire scenes (and because I would rather watch it with hentai-assume elements included)

There is no uncensored version, not until the BD are out but you can find on nyaa raws that are not as censored as the CR. CR zoomed some moments and cut a few scenes. There is on Twitter a comparison video between the CR and the raw

Almost assuredly, there will be someone on Nyaa who will combine the CR subs with the uncensored version and will be available in the next few days.
Dec 8, 2018 3:15 PM

Apr 2015
it was a good episode but kirito's timely bullshit cost it.
Dec 8, 2018 3:18 PM
Oct 2012
neonie said:
Pedram said:

then Kirito come.

Huh, interesting. So it sounds like despite the implied rape, the scene was actually toned up in the LN. Although without actually being able to read it my self, and with no citation, I can't really fully form an opinion on which I like more.

yes, you can say that, because the story needed something seriously fucked up to make Eugeo snap and break Taboo Index, in Webnovel it was seeing the girls after the assault which made him extremely mad and guilty.

but since they plan on not actually doing it, they had to tone it up a bit to make it more dramatic and let people feel Eugeo's rage and reason for breaking the Taboo Index.

I have to say tho, The anime was worse than i remember than the novel, coz the novel was like 90% describing Eugeo's thought process and only said a few line like the guy licked her face or touch her feet. there was not so much focus on the assault like in anime.
but in the anime you can't just focus the camera on Eugeo the whole time and play his inner monologue and rage without actually showing the girls. so it was more intense.
Dec 8, 2018 3:22 PM

Jun 2010
Pedram said:

yes, you can say that, because the story needed something seriously fucked up to make Eugeo snap and break Taboo Index, in Webnovel it was seeing the girls after the assault which made him extremely mad and guilty.

but since they plan on not actually doing it, they had to tone it up a bit to make it more dramatic and let people feel Eugeo's rage and reason for breaking the Taboo Index.

I have to say tho, The anime was worse than i remember than the novel, coz the novel was like 90% describing Eugeo's thought process and only said a few line like the guy licked her face or touch her feet. there was not so much focus on the assault like in anime.
but in the anime you can't just focus the camera on Eugeo the whole time and play his inner monologue and rage without actually showing the girls. so it was more intense.

Yes, agreed. I feel like you have to show more than tell in Anime to make it entertaining. If the camera was focused on Eugeo the whole time, just running through his thoughts, that would be a pretty boring was to demonstrate why he was becoming angry. I think they made the right choice with the direction of this episode.
Dec 8, 2018 3:45 PM
Oct 2018
holy fuck the amount of replies.
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 8, 2018 4:18 PM

Mar 2014
lol guess the author really loves rape scenes. he could be an attempted rapist in reality by his delusions.
Dec 8, 2018 4:19 PM
Nov 2017
Honestly thumbs up to A1 pictures.
This is adorable
Dec 8, 2018 4:20 PM
Sep 2011
Kirito slayed some goblins boiii
Dec 8, 2018 4:22 PM
Oct 2018
ButtSlapper said:
lol guess the author really loves rape scenes. he could be an attempted rapist in reality by his delusions.

-
Reki Kawahara explained it that his reasoning for having these is at the time of writing - 2005 - majority of the light novels he read that inspired him used this trope. Just as the 90s were full of the "edge" characters that were super popular but are seen as laughable now when they show up.
but this...
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 8, 2018 4:22 PM
Sep 2018
Xenosaga-Izanagi said:
It escalated so quickly; I wonder if this series is just 13 episodes.

said to be 4 cours if not 50 episodes
Dec 8, 2018 4:37 PM
Dec 2018
idontknowsarcasm said:
ButtSlapper said:

-
Reki Kawahara explained it that his reasoning for having these is at the time of writing - 2005 - majority of the light novels he read that inspired him used this trope. Just as the 90s were full of the "edge" characters that were super popular but are seen as laughable now when they show up.

...Did you just steal my reply from reddit??? o_O
Dec 8, 2018 4:41 PM
Sep 2018
HiraKey said:
moodie said:
You asked a question and I answered. Just drop this if it bugs you. You wont get anything indepth about why ppl enjoy SAO.

He always does this for all SAO threads
You can enjoy yourself reading his reaction :)

seems like the guy secretly loves the show and just can't admit it. haahhaha
Dec 8, 2018 4:51 PM
Oct 2018
Writer_Man said:
idontknowsarcasm said:

-

...Did you just steal my reply from reddit??? o_O

-
no, i think from another person, but it's better than just write it myself once again.
but this...
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 8, 2018 5:01 PM
Mar 2017
Finally the annoying almost got NTR'd part that I hate is now over. Phew, now things from now on will get serious and looking forward for the upcoming battles!
Dec 8, 2018 5:27 PM
Jan 2017
wow a1 in power maximun omg best episode of sao of all seasons .great job a1 pictures my respect
Dec 8, 2018 5:29 PM

Mar 2018
Well that escalated quickly.

Kirito goes out first, even eugeo ask him why he doesn't take the door like a normal human being. Well we get it 3 second after.
still manages to get there 10 min late cause chasing a squirrel on the way.

Apparently if you cut both arms of a NPC it starts glitching start testing people you suspect around you.
Dec 8, 2018 5:44 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Its so funny to see all the vanilla and salty comments in this thread over something that was setup to happen from jump street given how vile these two characters are

Man its such a crime that a writer would have the audacity to include something as unrealistic and unthinkable as rape, even though this type of thing happened a lot throughout history especially by noble cunts like this

Man the SAO writer should just take his fan fiction ideas and be thrown in jail for doing such a thing

Everyone that is okay with seeing how fucked up the world and people can be should feel bad and kill themselves, our pure vanilla ice cream eyes and naive outlook on the world should not have to be tainted by this

5/5 episode though, glad those cunts got what they deserved in the end. I just wish the other one died too
Dec 8, 2018 5:50 PM

May 2015
"Regarding all punishment, higher law take precedence." So as long as the law upholds, anything goes...

We're doing this again, aren't we? Wow, they're doing this pretty well actually...

MY LIFE IS DECREASING!!!

Are all sword fights going to be nothing but sword clashes?

Looks like we got to see Alice sooner than we though. Guess she's going to take them to the Axiom capital and...do stuff...
TarotistDec 8, 2018 5:58 PM
Dec 8, 2018 5:54 PM

May 2018
Wow, what an incredible episode... I had the same feelings as when I saw Goblin Slayer, but in a lighter way...
The censures of HorribleSubs (Crunchyroll) were simply ridiculous.
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Dec 8, 2018 5:58 PM

Aug 2011
I was literally standing up screaming for Eugeo to slice their heads off, I guess their hands will have to do. I love it! SAO finally more brutal and bloody! Boi this episode sure got me emotional.
Dec 8, 2018 6:07 PM
Apr 2018
Tarotist said:
"Regarding all punishment, higher law take precedence." So as long as the law upholds, anything goes...

We're doing this again, aren't we? Wow, they're doing this pretty well actually...

MY LIFE IS DECREASING!!!

Are all sword fights going to be nothing but sword clashes?

Looks like we got to see Alice sooner than we though. Guess she's going to take them to the Axiom capital and...do stuff...

Nope the fights are going to be more complicated than what we have seen until now.
If the animation quality doesn't decrease then we are in for a treat.
Dec 8, 2018 6:12 PM
Oct 2018
Tokoya said:
Its so funny to see all the vanilla and salty comments in this thread over something that was setup to happen from jump street given how vile these two characters are

Man its such a crime that a writer would have the audacity to include something as unrealistic and unthinkable as rape, even though this type of thing happened a lot throughout history especially by noble cunts like this

Man the SAO writer should just take his fan fiction ideas and be thrown in jail for doing such a thing

Everyone that is okay with seeing how fucked up the world and people can be should feel bad and kill themselves, our pure vanilla ice cream eyes and naive outlook on the world should not have to be tainted by this

5/5 episode though, glad those cunts got what they deserved in the end. I just wish the other one died too

-
Reki Kawahara explained it today that his reasoning for having these is at the time of writing - 2005 - majority of the light novels he read that inspired him used this trope. Just as the 90s were full of the "edge" characters that were super popular but are seen as laughable now when they show up.
but this...
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 8, 2018 6:28 PM

Nov 2009
I joined this site quite a while back and rarely see the need to write something...but:

How some of the haters here have made it to episode 10 in the THIRD SAO season just to complain is beyond me, thats quite the effort just to shit on this anime.
If you dont like it just put it on your dropped list and score it 1 you numbskulls.

I went out of my way to check some of the profiles of those haters and with a mean score of under 6, i am wondering why these guys even watch anime.
Saito66Dec 8, 2018 6:34 PM
Dec 8, 2018 6:29 PM

Dec 2013
What a couple of scumbags...

Alice has finally appeared!

I’m definitely curious what what will be happening to them after their little stunt.
Dec 8, 2018 6:29 PM

Jan 2011
well uh..that was a episode anime sure likes rape/Sexual assault this year

going in seeing the content warning like hm that's odd it's SAO so it can be that bad

boy they just kept going with that scene and the most blood i've seen since like devilman major issues with that was how over the top it was reminding me of how whenever this series tries to cover mature content it ends up looking comical ,though at the same time i did make me feel super uncomfortable when i wasn't holding back the laughter (like that jump lol...)

best part was Eugeo becoming more human by breaking the limits of the system and the glitch in the matrix moment when whats his name couldn't handle life or the taboo
katsu044Dec 8, 2018 7:23 PM
Dec 8, 2018 6:32 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
so how many snowflakes lost their shit?
Dec 8, 2018 7:35 PM

Apr 2016
neonie said:
joshua10red said:

Almost assuredly, there will be someone on Nyaa who will combine the CR subs with the uncensored version and will be available in the next few days.

The 1st bd which will contain first 3 volume will be out in January and it will be like 1 vol every month, since the is ep 10 the Iy will be on 4th BD in April.. Well i used them raw and yhe CR subs 😅 i had to edit quite a lot since CR cut few scenes it was out of sync in many places.. BTW someone said that the Wakanim version is not as censored as the CR, but i can't find it on nyaa.. Only Bakaroll 😑

Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

189 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.