Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 14, 2017 6:26 AM

Oct 2015
Alarice said:

7 is good right ? is it low ? sorry im new in this forum idk. i just read the description 7 stand for good and 8 is very good. i think it's not masterpiece or great either but definitely very good and worth watching
People has different usage of the rating system. 7 is a must watch in my case, then people there are people who thinks 7 is an okay show. This is one problem with me (and friends) and other MAL users

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Dec 14, 2017 8:41 AM

Sep 2016
Deal with it.

Most people here on mal as well as on other anime sites are retarded. They will go like a sheep after Digibro or whoever is bashing whatever. (Just in case some fanboys didn't understand. Digibro is just one example from many, don't take that to your heart)

Honestly, the more people watched it the more flaws will be found. Some of them may be plain stupid, but hey, what is brain for?

Use your own brain and don't give a f*&@ about what others say. It's better that way.
Dec 14, 2017 9:12 AM

Jun 2012
Irisumi said:
I didn't watch the other two, but I truly do dislike Sword Art Online.

Key word is dislike. I started to dislike it before it was cool to hate it.

I was disappointed by how it turned out. There were too many time-skips. It had potential.

The second thing I don't like about it is the incest. Idc if they're cousins. They grew up as siblings. Even if they grew up as cousins I would still not like it. Cousins being in love is incest, and it is gross.

I still like SAO for some reason although I really agree with the time skips and Suguha's romantic feelings towards Kazuto. But at the same time I kind of understand why it turned out that way for her: she is in a tender age, found out that her brother in reality is her cousin and she was afraid she was going to lose him because of SAO.

I think she was more like confusing the way she cared about Kazuto because there was a huge constant threat she would at some point lose him forever (which is only naturals because they had no frickin' idea what was happening in the game). They were close as siblings before SAO (or that's how I've understood the thing while watching SAO's seasons and extras so can't base it on anything that is actually written like LN). And before this I never thought I'd analyzed their relationship in any way lol.
Eight-Man said:
Remember, be an artist, not an autist.

"If anything simply cannot go wrong it will anyway."

~ Murphy's 5th law
Dec 14, 2017 10:31 AM

Jun 2016
Simply because it's from another culture. if it was an American show no one would hate it.
Dec 14, 2017 10:51 AM

Nov 2016
maybe they hated the fanbase, cause its too cancerous

Dec 14, 2017 1:41 PM

Aug 2010
SAO is a piece of crap. Good premise, terrible execution, just your usual. Don't protect that trainwreck.
Dec 14, 2017 1:42 PM

Apr 2015
Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe your "haters of popular anime" don't really hate mainstream anime, but simply they don't find those anime any good?!? most people don't just hate on something just because, there's always a reason no matter what.
Dec 14, 2017 1:44 PM
Aug 2016
The other side of the fandom of the certain series makes the series look bad.
Dec 14, 2017 1:56 PM

Jul 2014
@Alarice but you rated clannad so low and dropped it tho, kinda ironic for me since it's also a very popular anime for its genre..
Dec 14, 2017 2:13 PM
Nov 2015
NickRyuzaki said:
You dropped fullmetal there is nothing to say

You've watched 600 anime and rated them an average of 3.71. You watch stuff you hate and have only dropped 10 ever. I think if you can watch 300+ anime and give them below a four, he can drop one show.

Anyways, most popular anime is pretty good in my opinion and they are popular because they are good. Very few super popular ones I have hated but I do realize for the ones I have hated I am not their target viewer. (I dropped SAO mid-season 1 and One Punch almost immediately)
7EJh77bDec 14, 2017 2:18 PM
Stein's Gate is the worst anime of all time.
Dec 14, 2017 2:34 PM

Jan 2017
Yo I think you just answered the question with your question. I personally think everyone has a little bit of elitism in them. I'm sure at least one reason they are disliked is because otakus see some of these anime, and say they are for the "plebs"
Dec 14, 2017 2:55 PM

Jun 2011
Alarice said:

what i think rn is :
1. Popular anime always hated
2. The one who hate it is elitist ( 50% ) , or just really hate it ( 50% )
3. It's just that some people like watching intellectually stimulating anime but they want to show it off so they hate on shows to show people how mainstream anime isn't up to their mark
4. they have low self esteem.|

am i wrong ? do you guys have another explanation ?

1. All of these anime rank high on popularity and rating. So, I don't know why you complain.
2. Elitist in anime... what is that exactly? Just someone who watches a lot of anime right? Shouldn't they be considered just "someone who has seen a lot more anime and may be more likely to be annoyed by tropes than someone with less anime?" I mean. Just seems logical to me as someone who either felt meh or genuinely disliked all those anime and does get called an elitist a lot even though I feel like I am not because I like Keijo and Yuri on Ice. but... I just have different taste man. No need to name call. So what if my favorite anime is Evangelion. Quit falling for the memes.
3. No idea what this is supposed to mean. I mean to be fair, it does take a high intellect to understand Keijo. ;)
4. All anime fans have low self esteem. They do watch cartoons passed the age of 10. Prob don't have many friends. And if they do, they prob run around dressed as a cartoon character and think 2D is hotter than 3D. Speaking from experience.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Dec 14, 2017 4:29 PM

Jun 2015
Watching football as main source of entertainment, listening to Despacito on repeat, wasting your money on tickets for random superhero movies..

Just staring at any sort of highly popular tendencies in other fields of entertainment tells you enough, and anime is not an exception.

what i think rn is :
3. It's just that some people like watching intellectually stimulating anime but they want to show it off so they hate on shows to show people how mainstream anime isn't up to their mark
1. It's not always hated, if it is popular it means it has lots of fans, so you're only opting to focus your attention on the negative reception.
2. Even the dude who qualifies as an elitist by your definition truly hates it, so I don't see the point in these percentages. Nobody is binge-watching something as a fan and then pretending it's crap, makes no sense.
3. Again, a matter of preferences as you point out.
4. The more someone is able to form their own opinion, the less it would seem as they lack self-esteem or anything of the sort.

Also defending "popular anime" in this fashion demonstrates you're definitely new to the medium. It's normal that the first few titles you watch belong to the highly popular group, and it's also common that you like them more than most people you find around in discussion forums. But well, it all depends on what are your interests. If blindly defending the few titles you've seen, or opening your mind to new possibilities.
Dec 14, 2017 6:20 PM
Berserkfan69

May 2017
Alarice said:

1. Sword art online (8/10 4 me ) ; sure sure , this is the most hated anime in the community i think. sure there are many " boy " watch it and overrated it. but that not a reason to hate this anime. just watch it as a normal anime. be honest this anime is pretty good if compared with other anime out there. i give u 3 example

2. Attack on titan ( 7/10 4 me ) ; yo dude, another mainstream anime that received huge hate. idk why so. its pretty good , the character, the plot.

You rated SAO higher than AoT,...I already can't take what you say seriously...

Imo everything is either overrated or underrated,...but that's just because none of the ratings match up with my ratings. Also I don't know anyone who dislikes a series just because its popular, but I think it's accurate to say that most popular series are overrated.

Think about it,...noobs think every anime they watch is the best anime, until they get a little more experience and notice overused cliches ect...so I'd say that popular series like AoT are more likely to have a lot of newer anime fans that dish out 10's to everything.

Dec 14, 2017 6:25 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Maybe it just happen that they don't think it's good ...

nah

pretty sure its because they are stupid elitist haters who hate everything popular
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 14, 2017 6:52 PM

Mar 2015
Zardyllas said:
The problem is not being popular, is that popular animes are usually poorly written.

These animes you mentioned, all are a good example of this.
Sword art Online - Badly written characters, forced romance and various plot holes
Tokyo Ghoul - Excessive violence, plot holes, poorly written characters, history without direction

I'm not elitist, but I don't like watching any crap

lot of your favorite is popular, thus lot of your favorite is poorly writen?

TheHopefulOtaku said:
I generally don't favor popular anime, because they follow certain formulas I've grown out of. They tend to:

A) Be shounen action (My Hero Academia)
B) Try too hard to be dark (Tokyo Ghoul) resulting in a dull anime with dull characters that are never happy (Vinland Saga and Berserk are more f*cked up than popular anime ever will be, yet they manage to not be edgy)
C) Be romances/romcoms I don't care for or am not interested in (Ouran Highschool Host Club)

ahhh uhh... but vindland saga and berserk is popular, sure not TG lvl, but they are still popular...

Lordwen said:
Watching football as main source of entertainment, listening to Despacito on repeat, wasting your money on tickets for random superhero movies..

Just staring at any sort of highly popular tendencies in other fields of entertainment tells you enough, and anime is not an exception.

what i think rn is :
1. It's not always hated, if it is popular it means it has lots of fans, so you're only opting to focus your attention on the negative reception.
2. Even the dude who qualifies as an elitist by your definition truly hates it, so I don't see the point in these percentages. Nobody is binge-watching something as a fan and then pretending it's crap, makes no sense.
4. The more someone is able to form their own opinion, the less it would seem as they lack self-esteem or anything of the sort.

Also defending "popular anime" in this fashion demonstrates you're definitely new to the medium. It's normal that the first few titles you watch belong to the highly popular group, and it's also common that you like them more than most people you find around in discussion forums. But well, it all depends on what are your interests. If blindly defending the few titles you've seen, or opening your mind to new possibilities.

i don't see any different between people who starting watch anime because ghibli movies, or SAO, or toonami, or even rondom obsecure hentai VHS...
KumaDec 14, 2017 6:57 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 14, 2017 6:58 PM
Jul 2018
Kuma said:
Zardyllas said:
The problem is not being popular, is that popular animes are usually poorly written.

Sword art Online - Badly written characters, forced romance and various plot holes
Tokyo Ghoul - Excessive violence, plot holes, poorly written characters, history without direction

TheHopefulOtaku said:
I generally don't favor popular anime, because they follow certain formulas I've grown out of. They tend to:

B) Try too hard to be dark (Tokyo Ghoul) resulting in a dull anime with dull characters that are never happy (Vinland Saga and Berserk are more f*cked up than popular anime ever will be, yet they manage to not be edgy)
C) Be romances/romcoms I don't care for or am not interested in (Ouran Highschool Host Club)

ahhh uhh... but vindland saga and berserk is popular, sure not TG lvl, but they are still popular...

I said, "tend" to.
Vinland Saga and Berserk are extremely critically acclaimed, and Berserk is really well known, but I wouldn't quite call them, "popular", especially Vinland.
I don't think as many people love Berserk and Vinland as much as, say, Steins; Gate, one of the lesser-popular-but-still-popular anime series.
Dec 14, 2017 7:51 PM

Jun 2011
TheHopefulOtaku said:
Kuma said:

I said, "tend" to.
Vinland Saga and Berserk are extremely critically acclaimed, and Berserk is really well known, but I wouldn't quite call them, "popular", especially Vinland.
I don't think as many people love Berserk and Vinland as much as, say, Steins; Gate, one of the lesser-popular-but-still-popular anime series.

Take a gander at manga popularity sometime....I donno... maybe you wont feel so alone. Berserk is #1 rated and #8 popular. Sorry, that is not underated at all. Before I got back to reading manga, Vinland is one of the most sited manga by like every critic ever, and on this site, it is in the thirties in rating. So, it is pretty well loved in a manga space where manga are rated pretty high already. It's popularity sit's at #65. When you consider that there are 2k adventure manga and 6k action manga. I mean top 100 of all manga? wow.

When you consider that I am impressed my Neon Genesis Evangelion's manga rankings:

Popularity: #103 and Ranked: #104

Yeah, your manga are more popular than Neon Genesis Evangelion. You have no ability to complain. The Evangelion manga has also gotten significant praise as well.

As long as I have been on this website, Berserk has been in the top 5 manga spots. Oyasumi Punpun has spent a significant time also int the top 5 as well as Fullmetal Alchemist.
Energetic-NovaDec 14, 2017 8:03 PM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Dec 14, 2017 8:01 PM

Jul 2014
Maybe they are trying to show how unique their opinions are or that their opinions are not affected by other people.
Dec 14, 2017 8:48 PM

Mar 2015
TheHopefulOtaku said:
Kuma said:

I said, "tend" to.

but vindland saga and berserk sell much more than your example like ouran... vindland saga was around 200K on it's peak while berserk was even ever breaking 500K...
KumaDec 14, 2017 8:53 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 14, 2017 8:52 PM

May 2015
Alarice said:
Honestly i dont know why people hate some mainstream anime. all in my head is they try to be cool for not watching mainstream anime aka Edgy. theres nothing wrong in watching mainstream anime. here what anime i think people try to avoid just for make they look " high anime taste "

Yeah, you answered your question, it's all in your head. You're conjecturing what fake people must think based on numerical ratings, here.

Ask people who don't like it why they don't like, you're not guaranteed constructive answers, but it'd be a start.

TheHopefulOtaku said:

I said, "tend" to.
Vinland Saga and Berserk are extremely critically acclaimed, and Berserk is really well known, but I wouldn't quite call them, "popular",

Berserk was on a New York's Time best seller at one point.

Besides, the point here isn't even being popular in general, it's being popular *relative* to other series. Being popular *in the anime/manga community*, not worldwide ala Naruto.
γ‚΄γƒ­γ‚΄γƒ­γ‚΄γƒ­ γ‚΄γƒ­γ‚΄γƒ­γ‚΄γƒ­ γ‚΄γƒ­γ‚΄γƒ­γ‚΄γƒ­ γ‚΄γƒ­γ‚΄γƒ­γ‚΄γƒ­ γ‚΄γ‚΄γ‚΄γ‚΄γ‚΄γ‚΄ γ‚΄γ‚΄γ‚΄γ‚΄γ‚΄γ‚΄ γ‚΄γ‚΄γ‚΄γ‚΄γ‚΄γ‚΄
Dec 14, 2017 8:57 PM

Oct 2015
TheHopefulOtaku said:
Kuma said:

I said, "tend" to.

using yt as my example

made in feb 2016, one of the most popular anime in recent times

still lesser view than berserk which came ltr,

it is super popular in the anime/manga community,
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Dec 14, 2017 9:38 PM
Jan 2017
1. SAO has especially horrible writing. The beginning was dark being trapped dying in game means dying in real life. Then Kirito became OP there wasn't even any sense of danger anymore.

2. What happened to Klein's development he was just introduced for nothing LMAO.

3. So the final boss bad guy lost in the middle of the fight because he apparently "Forgot his ambitions" HAHAHA

And many more.... Especially the second half with Suguha the incest loving sister and Asuna somehow playing as a sex slave elf character while she is having coma at the hospital...
Dec 14, 2017 10:01 PM

Mar 2017
Some shows obviously deserve the criticism they get. Generally speaking; people don't think they deserve the acclaim the show has. Or they're mad that their favorite show doesn't get as much recognition, so they have to break down others to feel better.

That being said, it's the internet. Most people are sheep and follow popular opinion. Usually, popular things are hated on because it's perceived as cool to do so. Or it's a dick-measuring contest taking part in salt-filled arguments. Usually one of those.
What's your rush now? Everyone will have his day to die.
Dec 14, 2017 10:10 PM

Dec 2009
anyone is capable of hating anything. Inevitably, there will be people who hate popular anime. Some people will hate those shows BECAUSE they're popular, whereas others may have legitimate criticisms of a popular show.

For example, I think FLCL is overrated, overhyped, all-show no-substance nonsense. People unwittingly get an inflated, exaggerated sense of its "depth", and that fandom's groupthink belief in its supposed goodness only serves to fuel my distaste even more.
There is absolutely no reason why I should accept "turn your brain off" as a valid excuse to defend a poor show.

~

blatant ad: https://myanimelist.net/blog/Crusader_8 I spend the time to write it, so please read it lol
Dec 14, 2017 10:22 PM
Nov 2017
Because it makes them feel good that they're being contrarian when in fact they come out as dumb as rock for criticizing something because it's popular.
Dec 14, 2017 10:25 PM

Dec 2009
1337Taste said:
Because it makes them feel good that they're being contrarian when in fact they come out as dumb as rock for criticizing something because it's popular.
If this was really true I would hate more things to feel extra-good. But sadly this isn't the case
There is absolutely no reason why I should accept "turn your brain off" as a valid excuse to defend a poor show.

~

blatant ad: https://myanimelist.net/blog/Crusader_8 I spend the time to write it, so please read it lol
Dec 14, 2017 10:36 PM

Jun 2015
Well I dislike them because I find most action anime to be quite boring.
:)
Dec 15, 2017 12:23 AM

Feb 2017
-----noname----- said:
NickRyuzaki said:

You've watched 600 anime and rated them an average of 3.71. You watch stuff you hate and have only dropped 10 ever. I think if you can watch 300+ anime and give them below a four, he can drop one show.

Anyways, most popular anime is pretty good in my opinion and they are popular because they are good. Very few super popular ones I have hated but I do realize for the ones I have hated I am not their target viewer. (I dropped SAO mid-season 1 and One Punch almost immediately)

One simple does not drop fullmetal , nah most of the popular shows suck , fma is one of those rare anime that both Elitists and Tards can agree is good
Dec 15, 2017 12:34 AM

Mar 2015
NickRyuzaki said:
-----noname----- said:

One simple does not drop fullmetal , nah most of the popular shows suck , fma is one of those rare anime that both Elitists and Tards can agree is good

then most of your favorite shows suck too? since most of your favorite is popular?
Dec 15, 2017 12:56 AM

Feb 2017
Kuma said:
NickRyuzaki said:

then most of your favorite shows suck too? since most of your favorite is popular?

lol they are not even popular , except shigatsu i really like classical music and slice of life genre in general..
Dec 15, 2017 1:03 AM

Mar 2015
NickRyuzaki said:
Kuma said:

lol they are not even popular , except shigatsu i really like classical music and slice of life genre in general..

are you ignorance or what? serious question...
Dec 15, 2017 1:12 AM

Feb 2017
Kuma said:
NickRyuzaki said:

They are not even popularLol have you ever heard of Aoi bungaku ? what about knk , also your fav list is abig troll
Dec 15, 2017 1:26 AM

Mar 2015
NickRyuzaki said:
Kuma said:

They are not even popularLol have you ever heard of Aoi bungaku ? what about knk , also your fav list is abig troll

bitch, aoi bungaku was literaly adapted from classic literature which all of them sit in japanese best seller story.. it's also spawned separated movie after it...

kara no kyokai is part of fate/ franchise....

you need to be closed your damn eyes saying both of them is not popular...

also, how is my favorite a troll?
Dec 15, 2017 1:39 AM

Jul 2013
NickRyuzaki said:
Kuma said:

Shows on your list that you like that are popular. HERE WE GO LIST TIME!!!

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Death Note
Fate Zero
Byousoku 5 Centimeter
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Spice and Wolf
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Psycho-Pass
Shingeki no Kyojin
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
Zankyou no Terror
Monster
Fullmetal Alchemist 2003
Steins;Gate
Hyouka
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Noragami
Charlotte
Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara

These are all 7/10's and higher on your list and considering an 8 is your highest score (cough I guess it is 9) from what I can tell these should all be considered what you like the most. So um do tell me again how most popular stuff is bad?
Calal-ChanDec 15, 2017 12:48 PM
Dec 15, 2017 5:01 AM

Feb 2017
Kuma said:
NickRyuzaki said:

bitch, aoi bungaku was literaly adapted from classic literature which all of them sit in japanese best seller story.. it's also spawned separated movie after it...

So what ? they are not popular as anime so u need to stfu , well i wonder u should have really enjoyed shitcom right ?
Dec 15, 2017 5:03 AM

Feb 2017
Calal-Chan said:
NickRyuzaki said:

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Death Note
Fate Zero
Byousoku 5 Centimeter
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Spice and Wolf
Psycho-Pass
Shingeki no Kyojin
Zankyou no Terror
Monster
Fullmetal Alchemist 2003
Steins;Gate
Hyouka
Noragami
Charlotte

These are all 7/10's and higher on your list and considering an 8 is your highest score from what I can tell these should all be considered what you like the most. So um do tell me again how most popular stuff is bad?

MOST OF THE POPULAR SHOWS sucks not all of it , hating all of the popular shows means hating anime itself soyea
Dec 15, 2017 5:15 AM

Oct 2016
Kuma said:
Zardyllas said:

TheHopefulOtaku said:

Lordwen said:

i don't see any different between people who starting watch anime because ghibli movies, or SAO, or toonami, or even rondom obsecure hentai VHS...

No, but most are.

Let's look at the ranking of the most popular:
2 - Shingeki
3 - SAO
6 - Code Geass
8 - Tokyo Ghoul
9 - Naruto
16 - Bleach
17 - Fairy Tail
25 - Another
26 - Akame ga Kill

Being popular does not automatically make the anime bad, but like I said, most of them are lazy and poorly written and so it's easier for any casual otaku to understand and like.
Dec 15, 2017 5:20 AM

Mar 2015
NickRyuzaki said:
Kuma said:

So what ? they are not popular as anime so u need to stfu , well i wonder u should have really enjoyed shitcom right ?

what? they wouldn't get anime adaptation if they arent' popular enough to begin with... overall series popularity is not only by anime, it is a franchise to begin with... and it is still popular franchise watched by more people than lets said my favorite... and for the record, aoi bungaku has high ratings for late night shows, as well kara no kyokai got fucking 7 movie, all of them is ranked in box office japan...

and yes, shitcom is heavily misunderstood... it is great...

Zardyllas said:
Kuma said:

No, but most are.

2 - Shingeki
3 - SAO
6 - Code Geass
8 - Tokyo Ghoul
9 - Naruto
16 - Bleach
17 - Fairy Tail
25 - Another
26 - Akame ga Kill

Being popular does not automatically make the anime bad, but like I said, most of them are lazy and poorly written and so it's easier for any casual otaku to understand and like.

most of your favorites is popular, so as well most of you favorite is mostly poorly writen... it simply math... also shingeki, TG, naruto, bleach, FT, AgK, most of them is for common mass (look at what magazine publish them and their time slot)... it was your favorite that for otaku...
KumaDec 15, 2017 5:25 AM
Dec 15, 2017 5:59 AM

Feb 2017
Kuma said:
NickRyuzaki said:

what? they wouldn't get anime adaptation if they arent' popular enough to begin with... overall series popularity is not only by anime, it is a franchise to begin with... and it is still popular franchise watched by more people than lets said my favorite... and for the record, aoi bungaku has high ratings for late night shows, as well kara no kyokai got fucking 7 movie, all of them is ranked in box office japan...

Zardyllas said:

No, but most are.

2 - Shingeki
3 - SAO
6 - Code Geass
8 - Tokyo Ghoul
9 - Naruto
16 - Bleach
17 - Fairy Tail
25 - Another
26 - Akame ga Kill

most of your favorites is popular, so as well most of you favorite is mostly poorly writen... it simply math... also shingeki, TG, naruto, bleach, FT, AgK, most of them is for common mass (look at what magazine publish them and their time slot)... it was your favorite that for otaku...

Why won't u fucking watch it then ? lol
Dec 15, 2017 12:52 PM

Jul 2013
NickRyuzaki said:
Calal-Chan said:

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Death Note
Fate Zero
Byousoku 5 Centimeter
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Spice and Wolf
Psycho-Pass
Shingeki no Kyojin
Zankyou no Terror
Monster
Fullmetal Alchemist 2003
Steins;Gate
Hyouka
Noragami
Charlotte

These are all 7/10's and higher on your list and considering an 8 is your highest score from what I can tell these should all be considered what you like the most. So um do tell me again how most popular stuff is bad?

MOST OF THE POPULAR SHOWS sucks not all of it , hating all of the popular shows means hating anime itself soyea

I mean I was only really messing with you a tiny bit anyway. Granted I do think you don't hate popular anime in general but more just hate a lot of anime in general. I say this due to your mean score just being really low lol.
Dec 15, 2017 1:12 PM

Feb 2017
Calal-Chan said:
NickRyuzaki said:

I mean I was only really messing with you a tiny bit anyway. Granted I do think you don't hate popular anime in general but more just hate a lot of anime in general. I say this due to your mean score just being really low lol.

It is low because i am a masochist , instead of dropping shows i was trying to finish them all :/
Dec 15, 2017 3:11 PM

Mar 2015
NickRyuzaki said:
Kuma said:

Why won't u fucking watch it then ? lol

because it is not my prefference? (tho i does read some of aoi bungaku novel because literature classses)... why?
Dec 15, 2017 3:23 PM

Dec 2017
desseroni said:
Well I dislike them because I find most action anime to be quite boring.

well in this case its not action anime tho. like shigatsu many of shit complaining this anime so yeah
Dec 15, 2017 3:37 PM

Dec 2017
Alarice said:
NickRyuzaki said:
the reason is i forget what episode im at and i havent try to find it

dude you just dropped one piece , fairy tail and sakurasou with 1/10 score. well
Dec 15, 2017 3:55 PM

Oct 2017
NickRyuzaki said:
-----noname----- said:

FMA is one of my favorite anime/manga franchises of all time but seriously....people can dislike popular shows or manga and drop them if they find its not for them. Its an opinion and honestly reading negative things about series that you like can point out some flaws you might have missed though in most cases many of the elements people point out I can admit exist but don't bother me as they might others.

As for the OP while sure some people might hold controversial opinions simply to look smarter or to be unique a grand majority do feel that it wasn't for them and ultimately there is nothing wrong with that. If everyone shared the same opinion on anime I would find that pretty boring....
BilboBaggins365Dec 15, 2017 4:31 PM
Dec 15, 2017 4:00 PM

Oct 2017
Kuma said:
NickRyuzaki said:

Zardyllas said:

No, but most are.

2 - Shingeki
3 - SAO
6 - Code Geass
8 - Tokyo Ghoul
9 - Naruto
16 - Bleach
17 - Fairy Tail
25 - Another
26 - Akame ga Kill

Simple math to what evaluate if its good the more people that like it that means its trash? Its preferences writing can be subjective mass popularity of art usually ends up being regarded as a classic from the period as most enjoyed it and therefore remembered it and also it isn't indicative of quality. Acting like your superior because you watch other cartoons over others is pretty ridiculous. Anime and manga as an art form held in the eyes of pretentious critics will all be regarded as vastly inferior no matter the series.
BilboBaggins365Dec 15, 2017 4:07 PM
Dec 15, 2017 4:19 PM

Dec 2017
North514 said:
NickRyuzaki said:

FMA is one of my favorite anime/manga franchises of all time but seriously....people can dislike popular shows or manga and drop them if they find its not for them. Its an opinion and honestly reading negative things about series that you like can point out some flaws you might have missed though in most cases many of the elements people point out I can admit exist but don't bother me as they might others.

As for the OP while sure some people might hold controversial opinions simply to look smarter or to be unique a grand majority do feel that it wasn't for them and ultimately there is nothing wrong with that. If everyone shared the same opinion on anime I would fine that pretty boring....

Well for the FMA i already said i dropped it because i forget what episode im at. i put random episode on my anime list ( i think im on dog-human scene. ) . i just put score based whatever i remember in my mind. so for now 6/10 but maybe if i decide to continue and reach the end it can change.

and sure it will be boring if theres no different opinion bcz if our opinion all the same MAL forum will not extist cuz nothing to discuss

but i guess discussion post is for people that honestly score the anime and really watch it not the one who try to be look smarter. like on my thread. i can accept that some people really dont like anime but 50% of it is just acting AFAIK
Dec 15, 2017 4:24 PM

Mar 2015
North514 said:
Kuma said:

Simple math to what evaluate if its good the more people that like it that means its trash? Its preferences writing can be subjective mass popularity of art usually ends up being regarded as a classic from the period as most enjoyed it and therefore remembered it and also it isn't indicative of quality. Acting like your superior because you watch other cartoons over others is pretty ridiculous. Anime and manga as an art form held in the eyes of pretentious critics will all be regarded as vastly inferior no matter the series.

if you follow the conversation, they are the one that saying that, not me.... i simply pointing out their irony and ignorancies....
KumaDec 15, 2017 4:28 PM
Dec 15, 2017 4:27 PM

Oct 2017
Kuma said:
North514 said:

if you follow the conversation, they are the one that saying that, not me.... i simply pointing out their irony....

Okay yeah I didn't really read most of it still its pretty simple answer to a lot of these topics people like what they like.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Why is fairytail the only Shonen anime that people complain for the power of Friendship when evrey other Shonen anime does.

Lol1268 - 8 hours ago

20 by KitsuFrost »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime which quality considerably decreased with production of new series

Shabo-kun - Yesterday

16 by KitsuFrost »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » what is your stance on "i don't wanna watch that anime, the art style sucks" ? ( 1 2 )

ame - May 29

96 by TheFlyingSoda »»
10 minutes ago

» Is It Okay to Watch Anime All Day? ( 1 2 )

RedTea33 - May 30

60 by Touko »»
11 minutes ago

» Love live

Vapor_AU - Yesterday

32 by shiro-seishun »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.