Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 29, 2017 4:12 PM

Jan 2016
Very good episode! Just keeps getting better! I was so hyped to finally see Endeavor fight. That was some HYPE shit! And with that soundtrack too...

5/5

However, I don't really understand what Stain's endgame was. Were we supposed to sympathize with him at the end there, when he saved Midoriya? Because if so, fuck that. I'm not going to sympathize with a psychotic murderer just because he "redeemed" himself at the last second.

If they were trying to pull an Obito Redemption Arc on Stain, it failed miserably because nobody in their right mind would give a shit what happens to Stain. We have no backstory on him, all we know is that he's killing people while spewing some justice bullshit about "purging" the world of "fake heroes". Doesn't sound like a very level-headed dude to me.
Jul 29, 2017 4:25 PM

Dec 2013
hiddenhokage said:
However, I don't really understand what Stain's endgame was. Were we supposed to sympathize with him at the end there, when he saved Midoriya? Because if so, fuck that. I'm not going to sympathize with a psychotic murderer just because he "redeemed" himself at the last second.

If they were trying to pull an Obito Redemption Arc on Stain, it failed miserably because nobody in their right mind would give a shit what happens to Stain. We have no backstory on him, all we know is that he's killing people while spewing some justice bullshit about "purging" the world of "fake heroes". Doesn't sound like a very level-headed dude to me.

Stain saved him because he believed that a Midoriya was worthy of being a hero. The main purpose of that entire scene was to show just how string Stain's beliefs were.
Jul 29, 2017 4:45 PM

Oct 2011
I'm so used to shounen drawing out a villain for as long as possible, so I'm surprised that the whole Stain ordeal only lasted a few episodes. Very tense overall, and it was interesting to see just how far Stain takes his beliefs when saving Midoriya. We're probably in for some good villains in future arcs who aren't so black-and-white.
KefkirothAug 5, 2017 3:02 AM
Jul 29, 2017 4:47 PM

Jun 2008
bigmustache93 said:
So the hero killer stain,the main villain of the season got his ass kicked by three rockies,he seems to be a good villain with a convincing motivation but him getting defeated in the first encounter was a bit underwhelming.

Like Todoroki said in the episode, he's well versed on one-on-one fights, but He lacks the experience fighting against multiple opponents, and that's why 3 rookies can bet him up.

Remember that his MO is find a Hero in a secluded Area, fight to make his opponent bleed, use his quirk and end the fight. He lacks the experience to judge his Quirks effectiveness against multiple opponents and in a prolonged fight.

Also, Stain is not dead.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 29, 2017 5:01 PM

Sep 2015
I wonder if those guys are gonna be in the news or anything for defeating a villain even the pros had a hard time doing.
Jul 29, 2017 5:04 PM

Feb 2015
This episode was epic. Hero Killer Stain has such incredible bloodlust at the end of the episode and if he was not so extremist about it his points would be quite correct.
Jul 29, 2017 6:42 PM

May 2014
That preview though! So hyped for Dabi and Toga finally making their entrance next episode!
Jul 29, 2017 7:04 PM
Nov 2010
i really liked how stain didnt even see endeavor as a true hero yet saw all might a one . its same with how all might choosed deku core of a hero is not being able to strong enough to beat everything but even knowing it will kill you that you would try to save that someone withouth thinking back. it also shows that deku might have a quirk but not a one that he can use as a ''hero'' maybe his quirk has to do with how some people became ''nomu''
Jul 29, 2017 7:08 PM

May 2014
dasdacik said:
it also shows that deku might have a quirk but not a one that he can use as a ''hero'' maybe his quirk has to do with how some people became ''nomu''

As a manga reader I can tell you right now that's not how it works dude. Hell, even if I was an anime only it's pretty obvious that Midoriya isn't even remotely responsible for creating the Nomu's.... where did you even get that idea?
Jul 29, 2017 7:14 PM

Jan 2008
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Jul 29, 2017 7:56 PM

Jul 2017
Sorry I just find Todoroki so hot.. that is all.

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.
Jul 29, 2017 9:59 PM

Aug 2016
I`m speechless, I don`t even know what to say, ita was so... PERFECT
Jul 29, 2017 10:00 PM

Jan 2013
This got even better now! To be honest, if Endeavour wasn't such an ass sometimes, he would be a great hero. He got my respect and proved why he is nº2.
Todoroki + Midoriya + Iida = REKT Stain.
Stain is so OP! He is unbeatable. Anyway, is he dead? Or he survived? Btw, wasn't expecting that save from him.
This episode was so intense, this is so good!
I wonder if they will defeat that many hands guy in this season.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 29, 2017 10:30 PM
Oct 2007
Back to back epic arcs!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2017 10:38 PM

Dec 2015
Great EP!

-The Bro moment of IIda and Tensei is so pure, gotta love Tensei he really looks like a nice and genuine person.
-Agreed that Endeavor is a shitty dad but damn his extra scene is bad ass! it made me like him a tinge bit! Bravo studio bones!
-Respect for Gran Torino! his an old geezer but he can still kick some ass!
-Deku+Iida+Todo teamwork!
-The Bloodlust of stain when he stood up against his so called "Fake heroes" and proclaimed the only person allowed to kill him was All might that scene gave me shivers!
I'm a manga reader but I think I only started to like him in the anime and he is slowly becoming my favorite antagonist of this series!

Excited for the upcoming episodes! Next arc is fantastic as well!
QueenSapphireJul 29, 2017 10:49 PM
Jul 29, 2017 10:39 PM

Jan 2013
Ughh Pierced lung is how Stain is stopped...but that lung didn't matter when he saved Deku just a second ago?...Thats just lame. Loved last weeks episode but this just is weak for Stain. Positive side I did enjoy Endeavor scenes. Potrayed him very well and showed how different his quirk is than his sons fire quirk use.
Jul 29, 2017 10:52 PM

Aug 2016
Endeavor in action, love it!

Set by SenpieX
Jul 29, 2017 10:53 PM

Jul 2012
Paul said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Lol :) The Endeavor fight scene was, for the most part, an anime original. In the manga, Endeavor frying the giant Noumus brains out didn't happen (either that or it happened off panel lol). That's why the comments of the other heroes when Stain offed the flying one seemed awkward.
Jul 30, 2017 12:02 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty good episode. The Hero Killer's eerie aura reminded me of Pitou from HxH.
Jul 30, 2017 12:14 AM

Sep 2016
i'm seriously considering dropping this show because it's becoming more and more apparent that it's just a The Reflection ripoff
Jul 30, 2017 12:40 AM

Jul 2015
That was an amazing episode, hopefully what is to come keeps the level, I'm finally getting hooked to the series.
Jul 30, 2017 1:18 AM

Jul 2013
StoneColdStunner said:
i'm seriously considering dropping this show because it's becoming more and more apparent that it's just a The Reflection ripoff

MHA manga started in 2014, whereas The Reflection is an original series airing this year.

Seems legit.
Jul 30, 2017 1:36 AM
Feb 2016
Lynfield said:
Damn! That ending was EPIC. Stain, you gained a hugeeee respect. Now I'm curious about his past, also i agree with his thoughts about being a hero etc. He maybe killed some hero but i think the real hero is Stain..
I agree! Stain is such an amazing villain/hero. I think his character is a really refreshing take on the 'Hero turned villain good intentions but ends up doing bad stuff' plot. I am super keen to know more about him! At first I thought because his face was burned that maybe endeavour had fought him the past? But then it didn't seem like that towards the end. Can't wait to find out if there is a story between him and All Might - maybe a past student or someone who was meant to inherit One for All?
Jul 30, 2017 3:12 AM
Jun 2014
does anyone knows the OST during the fightscene of Endeavor at 13:48 of the episode ?
Jul 30, 2017 3:14 AM
Jun 2013
TheMagicHobo said:
Nakurawari said:
You can definitely tell last week's animation was sacrificed to prioritise this week, because man, this episode looked stunning. You can see Umakoshi all over this episode, and I'm grateful for it. Especially since it's the climax of the Stain fight.

The team attack against stain was great, and the animation was very dynamic as a whole. They absolutely nailed Stain's speech at the very end as he's walking towards everyone. It looked amazing, and incredibly chilling.

The added scenes with Endeavor were also really nice to see. Goes an extra long way to show that yes, while Endeavor is a shitty person, he is a great hero.

My only complaint is that the pacing felt weird, a little slow maybe? It wasn't a big deal as it didn't really take that much away from it for me. Overall, an episode that was very respectful to the source material, and I like my little glimpse of two special little characters in the preview!

P.S. For anyone wanting to know why the Noumu singled out Izuku(this is only explained in an omake so it's not really a spoiler):

My God, thats so fucked up.
I don't understand,what is? What did he imply by this pic?
Jul 30, 2017 4:01 AM

Feb 2014
MissPsychoholic said:
Btw am I the only one who thinks the scene when Shoto looked at his phone and Eneavor was all like "Hey, look at me son, put the phone away!" incredibly funny? Even though he treats/treated his family really bad, he still wants his son to kind of look up to him.

You're not the only one. I found that scene pretty amusing too. =)
Jul 30, 2017 4:41 AM

Nov 2009
Stain is kind of a grey area character as he will murder both sides to create his ideal society where I guess only true heroism would exist, you wouldn't have thousands of geeks running around pretending to be heroes just because they have a quirk.
Jul 30, 2017 5:51 AM

Dec 2015
Have to give credit to Bones, they really added so much on top of the manga. Endeavor's scene was fricking amazing with the ost + depicted him in a truly respectable way that was probably originally glossed over a few panels. Imagine if Todoroki is able to push the boundaries of his powers to the extent Endeavor has...

One of the best episodes so far.
Prim3Jul 30, 2017 5:54 AM
~
Jul 30, 2017 7:17 AM

May 2015
NIce iida-deku combo
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 30, 2017 7:20 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Animayham said:
Ughh Pierced lung is how Stain is stopped...but that lung didn't matter when he saved Deku just a second ago?...Thats just lame. Loved last weeks episode but this just is weak for Stain. Positive side I did enjoy Endeavor scenes. Potrayed him very well and showed how different his quirk is than his sons fire quirk use.
Stain's lung wasn't pierced until after he saved Deku. When he saved Deku and started talking to everyone else, he moved to much, causing his broken rib to reach his lungs and pierced it.

sky_genesis said:
TheMagicHobo said:

My God, thats so fucked up.
It's a drawing of one of Bakugou's childhood friend from the first episode. We can assume that he was forced to go through experiments after he grew up and became a Nomu.
Jul 30, 2017 8:27 AM

Jan 2017
An amazing battle. Good job Iida, Todoroki and Midoriya. I'm starting to think that Endeavor is overpowered...
Karasuno Fight!!!
Jul 30, 2017 9:29 AM

Jul 2016
damn intense aura of Stain, they all looked frozen in fear. It seems like his acquainted to All Might, he something mentioned about the hit mark in All Might's body.
Jul 30, 2017 9:41 AM
Nov 2013
it's clearly now that "Endeavor" is the no #1 hero , considering that "All Might" not in his full prime as he was to be

Endeavor was a boss in this episode !!
Jul 30, 2017 10:39 AM
Oct 2016
Nakurawari said:
You can definitely tell last week's animation was sacrificed to prioritise this week, because man, this episode looked stunning. You can see Umakoshi all over this episode, and I'm grateful for it. Especially since it's the climax of the Stain fight.

The team attack against stain was great, and the animation was very dynamic as a whole. They absolutely nailed Stain's speech at the very end as he's walking towards everyone. It looked amazing, and incredibly chilling.

The added scenes with Endeavor were also really nice to see. Goes an extra long way to show that yes, while Endeavor is a shitty person, he is a great hero.

My only complaint is that the pacing felt weird, a little slow maybe? It wasn't a big deal as it didn't really take that much away from it for me. Overall, an episode that was very respectful to the source material, and I like my little glimpse of two special little characters in the preview!

P.S. For anyone wanting to know why the Noumu singled out Izuku(this is only explained in an omake so it's not really a spoiler):

Last week's episode animation was better
Not saying it was bad this week
Jul 30, 2017 1:29 PM

Jan 2013
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Animayham said:
Stain's lung wasn't pierced until after he saved Deku. When he saved Deku and started talking to everyone else, he moved to much, causing his broken rib to reach his lungs and pierced it.

sky_genesis said:
It's a drawing of one of Bakugou's childhood friend from the first episode. We can assume that he was forced to go through experiments after he grew up and became a Nomu.

So him talking caused his lung to be pierced but not his sudden quick movement to free himself and kill the nomu?lol.....You need to be smarter than this.
Jul 30, 2017 1:50 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Animayham said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

So him talking caused his lung to be pierced but not his sudden quick movement to free himself and kill the nomu?lol.....You need to be smarter than this.
Think of it this way: Stain saving Deku caused his broken rib to heavily shift and come near his lungs. Any small movement could push the rib in. While talking, the the dislocated rib pierced his lungs.
Jul 30, 2017 4:32 PM
Oct 2016
There seems to be a resemblance between the native hero and Devo’s doll from Jojo’s: Stardust Crusaders.. Coincidence?
Jul 30, 2017 5:04 PM

Apr 2014
i'm glad Stain wasn't a typical shounen villain. he had some complexity to his character, which is how ALL villains should be, no one is just purely evil just for the hell of it (exceptions exist of course).

also glad that Stain didn't just quickly recover and started fighting again, would have been ridiculous and unrealistic even for this show

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2017 7:54 PM

Jul 2015
Eeeeeehhhhh Lida got his crap straight AND EVERYTHING WAS GREAT. God this episode was fantastic, knew that rope wasn't gonna hold him though. Stain is a fantastic villain and I honestly want to see more of him.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 30, 2017 8:38 PM

Feb 2015
Strong episode, that fight was incredible, the combination Deku - Todoroki - Iida was powerful. So Stain died in this episode? Shorter than expected but excellent.
Jul 31, 2017 3:27 AM

Jun 2016
HOLY SHIT! THIS EPISODE WAS SO FUCKING GOOD. HYPE HYPE HYPE FUCKING HYPE! OH MY GOD! ENDEAVOR AIN'T SECOND TO ALL MIGHT FOR NOTHING, AND OH MY GOD TODOROKI + MIDORIYA + IIDA VS STAIN WAS SO FUCKING DOPE!

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD.

DID THEY ALL STOP MOVING WHEN STAIN'S WHATEVER-IS-THAT-THING-ON-HIS-EYES REMOVED? HOLY SHIT. HE KINDA LOOKS LIKE ALL MIGHT. OH MY GOD. BUT THIS IS JUST MY THEORY: THEY MIGHT BE BROTHERS. HAHAHA.

I CAN'T STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE THIS EPISODE IS FUCKING EVERYTHING I ASKED FOR! OH MY GOD.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 31, 2017 5:11 AM

Nov 2016
Amazing episode again, packed with action and emotions.

Endeavor vs the Nomus as well as the fight against Stain were pure hype.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 31, 2017 5:12 AM

Feb 2016
This Anime is seriously getting better like each episode. The new episode was really good and getting better.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Jul 31, 2017 6:31 AM

Jan 2014
Stain character is great in its own, his philosophy deserve some attention to it, though his methods are really sick.
Jul 31, 2017 6:34 AM
Sep 2016
This episode is such an amazing experience.
The friendship between Lida, Todoroki & Midoriya
The Climax
The Character Development.
That SCARY EPIC presence of Stain at the end of the episode

<3
Jul 31, 2017 8:15 AM

Jan 2016
Stain was so awesome, I don't like him at first 'coz I thought he was just a mindless and blood lusted killer that kills Heroes because he's a bad guy but later on I found out the he was beyond that and he only killed those Heroes who he view as Fake Heroes.

Everyone in his eyes are not worthy and called everyone FAKES even the number 2 Hero. In his eyes All Might is the true definition of Hero and the only worthy Hero that can defeat a Villain like him.
Jul 31, 2017 8:20 AM

Oct 2008
Another awesome to the top episode!
Iida can finally move at the perfect moment and to able to prevent Stain from cutting Todoroki's left arm! That was close! even stain said that Iida's movements was fast!
Dat combo co-op recipro kick of Iida and smash fist by Deku was perfectly awesome!
What knocked-down Stain was the co-op attack by Iida kick again and the fire attack by Todoroki!
Gran Torino took care of the first Nomu that they encountered and Endeavour even praised the old man!
Damn! Endeavour is really strong also taking down that 2nd stronger Nomu using blue hotter flames to its head!
Crying Iida is hard to see!
Damn! Stain suddenly escaped and took down the flying 3rd Nomu!
Damn! Stain is awesome as well since everyone was freaking scared and intimidated by the bloodlust rage that Stain let out himself because of 1 sole purpose...defeating All Might also!
5/5!

Jul 31, 2017 10:49 AM

Jun 2016
Like the previous episode, we got more lida development which was great.
I think that Stain had made a great mistake with injuring Ingenium which was an extremely great hero, but well, it's because of his ideal and the fact that Ingenium wasn't there at the best moment. Could have been a really great hero if he didn't become a psychopath like this.

But well, edgy lida reign is finally over and I think that he is going to be even better than before which is great.

Stain was probably holding back and like Todoroki said the fact that he did bad maneuvers because of focusing on lida and the Indian guy was his demise. His last ability was really overwhelming and I expected another fight to happen but oh well, the broken rib didn't help it. Standing like a true badass even when unconscious is somewhat amazing even if I dislike what he did.

Izuku + lida punch was extremely pleasant to watch and lida power has surprised me once more like during the tournament arc. May lida become a great hero in order to please his grand brother.
Jul 31, 2017 10:56 AM

Aug 2015
This episode was amazing and so intense! I loved the long action sequences, they looked great. The shots of Stain and his evil face were so cool looking I had to grab a screencap. It seems like these Nomus aren't as strong as the one All Might were fighting so I'm curious to see what's up with the rest that the villains got.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jul 31, 2017 2:15 PM
Dec 2016
this anime is cancer, much much cancer
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2017

297 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

animefan8800 - Sep 23, 2017

250 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

181 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

189 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

165 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.