Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 13, 2016 12:13 AM

Sep 2015
KonW said:
Maz said:

The problem is none of the actions up until that point could possibly have lead him to an ironclad conclusion that escape is impossible. Him stopping and taking a quick look around doesn't mean it would have been impossible for him to have missed her. I mean, if someone's chasing another person then they'd want to be stealthy about it because it brings many advantages.

Yet again all the shit she did to the zombies has absolutely fuck all to do with what I'm saying, because it happens after the part I'm talking about. It's completely irrelevant.

No, it isn't like holding a gun at someone. She had a spade and that was it to his knowledge. I'd hedge my bets and run for it if someone were to chase me with a shovel, because they're cumbersome and heavy. Even if she were faster than him - and at this point, there's absolutely nothing to make him believe she is because he had already stopped - the shovel would definitely slow her down.

it could be made more easier to understand like adding one more line to the p like "cant run a way, what do i do?" so ppl like you would get the situation instantly,

i understand that if its you youd risk your life or getting hit by a shovel again try running away, but youre not the protagonist,

our p chose to try to convince her by saying he's her brother, and i dont see anythng wrong with that,

by the time he knew that couldnt work its already too late as hes surrounded by zombies that he never saw in his life before,

The only one not getting the situation here is you. Did you even watch the episode? I'll repeat myself yet again - the zombies had not yet shown up and surrounded him at the time I'm talking about. After his convincing failed, he still just sat there. He wasn't getting stopped, he wasn't surrounded by zombies. He just sat there crying for help whilst doing nothing to actually save himself. In a life or death situation, you either fight or flight. He did neither.

And it wasn't like he was paralysed with fear either, else he wouldn't have been sitting there screaming so much. He was moving around fine before that too.

So no, if you actually saw the episode, his actions don't add up.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jul 13, 2016 2:24 AM
Dec 2015
there is no limit episode so hope to see this anime for longer episode nice
Jul 13, 2016 3:40 AM

Aug 2008
Maz said:

The only one not getting the situation here is you. Did you even watch the episode? I'll repeat myself yet again - the zombies had not yet shown up and surrounded him at the time I'm talking about. After his convincing failed, he still just sat there. He wasn't getting stopped, he wasn't surrounded by zombies. He just sat there crying for help whilst doing nothing to actually save himself. In a life or death situation, you either fight or flight. He did neither.

And it wasn't like he was paralysed with fear either, else he wouldn't have been sitting there screaming so much. He was moving around fine before that too.

So no, if you actually saw the episode, his actions don't add up.

alright, seems you just cant understand, let me break it down to you moment to moment

1) at first, he decided that he has a higher chance of survival by trying to convince her that he's her brother, rather than risking his life trying to fight a ninja WITH BARE HANDS that was digging graves in the midnight, killing zombies like a pro(she killed one directly in front of his eyes before trying to burry him) ,

2)since she clearly doesnt want him to be out of that hole and had already pushed him down once when he tried to climb out, she could stab him with that giant knife or hit him with the shovel again if he tries to climb up again, both of which can be extremely deadly for a man left in a hole. since it's already obvious she's here to kill him(burry alive), theres no reason she wont use these weapons to limit him from climbing up if he dared tries climbing up again.

3)now since our protagonist is just a normal human boy not able to jump 10 feet high directly out of the grave hole, he's now left without other choices but whining, for the moment, becasue theres still quite some time before its too late, when he's completely burried, it would maximize his chance of survival trying to beg for a while,(becasue she might let him live in the end), so he chose so rather than forcing himself a deadly climb, in all sense, its too early for that,

4) after some begging, the woman is gone, he thought its the chance to climb up and run a way, only to find him and the grave being surrounded by zombies, now climbing out to face the zombies seemed like a suicide, so he decided to hide/stay in the grave hole,

what the protagonists did made perfect sense, all maximized his chance of survival, which imo is exactly whats to be expected from a human being with some logical thinking, like someone from a college, rather than following the animal instincts of fight of flight
KonWJul 13, 2016 4:02 AM
Jul 13, 2016 4:09 AM

Jun 2014
The real mystery here is why the defeated Zombies keep disappearing and reappearing inbetween edits.
Animations errors aside, this wasn't a good episode by any means.
Almost nothing adds up.
Jul 14, 2016 12:24 AM
Jun 2013
Its OK, so far - I'll stick with it for a bit to see if anything spices up; this definitely was not a stellar episode, however. Chulan is so annoying and helpless, though. Like shut the hell up.
Jul 14, 2016 2:32 AM

Jun 2013
The first episode was okay, it's pretty average with an emotionless girl. Seen that trope played so many times. Still, it has great potential and I hope everything improves as the episodes progress.

From what I know this is from a Chinese webtoon and I'm sure the webtoon is more detailed. The Chinese names are throwing me off. I'd rather they just put the Japanese names but I guess for webtoon readers, it's easier. Reminds me of how they subbed Noblesse.
臭い-
Jul 14, 2016 8:03 AM

Jun 2013
the Op is cool and it was okayish
Jul 15, 2016 12:35 PM

Dec 2012
Not bad, but the MC was really annoying. Why he stayed in the pit ? He could get out whenever he wanted it.
Jul 16, 2016 7:57 AM

May 2015
Can't say I'm really impressed so far. I can't take it serious so far as well, but Xu looks good, though, lol.

Other than that, meh episode to be honest.

Jul 16, 2016 6:09 PM

Jul 2010
that was dumb... he could have climbed out of there ages ago but no he decides to stay
Jul 17, 2016 12:58 AM

Aug 2013
Although the mc is quite the whiny chicken it was pretty funny though.
These chinese adaptions have a different feel than the usual, was quite enjoyable.
I won't get bored of watching that op girl slashing and massacring some zombies.
Keen to see how this develops.
Jul 17, 2016 3:09 PM

Oct 2015
ok first episode, I felt the main character was more of a comic relief character than a main character hopefully he does not lose braincells as the whole thing progresses.

Main girl is pretty cool for an emotionless zombie killer.

opening was pretty average and hopefully the super powers don't ruin things.

the art was average as well and chinese elements are kindof interesting.
Jul 19, 2016 2:00 AM

Jul 2011
Wrsty said:
DT Means Virgin. Learned that from Ixion Saga DT

The first thing I thought of when I heard DT was Ixion Saga too xD
Jul 26, 2016 5:41 PM

Jul 2009
Weird...I am kinda lost, gonna try one more episode before dropping...
Aug 7, 2016 3:53 AM

May 2014
That was quite meh, but it was interesting. Not going to expect too much from this one, remember Chu Feng BEE?
Xu and Zhang not good for my ears. 3.5/5
Aug 7, 2016 6:43 PM

Jun 2015
Well that's an.. interesting first episode. Confused on some areas, but it's a first episode so maybe the episodes later on will confirm some things and hopefully not be as crap. I see there's still the typical cold warrior girl though so that'll be fun.
Aug 13, 2016 7:24 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
So far I see an MC who can't get out of a 3 foot deep hole. This does not bode well for the future but this is only episode 1. Let's give it time to fester/improve. 5/10
Aug 14, 2016 2:13 PM

Feb 2013
Zombie-like girl kills zombies. Annoying dude has magical powers and he doesn't know it (yet) and will learn throughout the anime.

It wasn't bad, but I'm a bit disappointed.
Aug 27, 2016 9:08 PM
Aug 2016
that dude should've been more concerned about the corpse being a zombie rather than the girl stabbing it.
Aug 27, 2016 9:20 PM
Aug 2016
" Ever thought about going to college?"

"Who is 'college'?"

exactly how I feel right now.
Oct 18, 2016 12:02 AM

Jun 2011
Only halfway through the episode and lmao, what in the hell was that Chulan on about. He should he crawling out of the ground/hole himself instead of screaming like a bitch, what a fucking beta. His voice is unbearable too.

Also dislike the voice acting for Baobao, very annoying to listen to, lack some voice acting skills that's compensated by acting "cute" or "innocent". I really hate when voice actress nowadays get a pass because she has a cute voice or something.

Well at least now I wouldn't expect anything from this series.. it can only get better from here on out, right?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 11, 2016 8:50 AM
Jul 2013
Decent. Better than the generic harem magical school anime bullshit that's ever present in every season.
Feb 21, 2018 5:48 PM

Jan 2018
Looks like a zombie kind of anime. Lol.
Mar 17, 2018 6:32 PM

Dec 2010
This was the definition of an average 1st episode. MC is annoying "gonna show you" bastard and the girl is creepy.

It is pretty obvious that the girl "sensed" his power or something like that. She was sure that everything was going to be ok.

While the action was quite decent, I could not stand those annoying "comedy" moments. No, they were not funny, stop please.
Apr 6, 2018 10:53 PM

Jul 2012
Eh. So I only watched this because my coworker is obsessed with this Anime. It's average at first glance. Zombies ain't my thing but the mystery with the grandfather is interesting enough for me to watch more.

Main guy is bearable but ugh, I want to punch the main girl so bad. She's so creepy and weird.

tearofmankind said:
I could not stand those annoying "comedy" moments. No, they were not funny, stop please.
THIS. So painfully awkward and random.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is this good???

RjtheGreat14 - Jul 20, 2023

6 by SakuraCosmos »»
Jul 22, 2023 1:55 AM

Poll: » Hitori no Shita: The Outcast Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

27 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Jul 11, 2023 3:43 PM

Poll: » Hitori no Shita: The Outcast Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

40 by isamu_niraj »»
Jun 8, 2023 1:28 AM

» Original Chinese audio?

SleepyBear - Jul 30, 2016

4 by Yexel »»
Apr 4, 2023 3:11 PM

Poll: » Hitori no Shita: The Outcast Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2016

35 by _Ph4nt0m_ »»
Sep 16, 2022 10:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.