Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 25, 2015 5:46 PM

Oct 2013
I was screaming "hell-fucking-yes" the entire episode. Best anime 2k15 case closed
Aug 25, 2015 6:02 PM
Aug 2015
My discussion of the episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYgzVxkAxyA
Aug 25, 2015 6:37 PM

Sep 2013
pwner said:
As for Clementine, she seems like a viable information source, can't he just teleport her back to the fortress so his servants can interrogate her?

Punishing her for foiling his plans seems childish and not lord-like.

That's will be part of the next arc.

You forget that Ainz was just an average business man before he got to this world.
You can't expect him to be a genius and an overlord overnight.
Aug 25, 2015 7:13 PM

Mar 2009
Welp. I knew the adventurers were going to die. They were a nice group of people. :(

It doesn't really need to be said, but Yuuki Aoi sure is a great seiyuu. Clementine was so crazy in this episode.
Aug 25, 2015 7:14 PM

Jan 2013
Next episode already, great build up to the fight.
Aug 25, 2015 8:02 PM

Dec 2014
This episode was intense :D I hope the fight between Momon x Clementine don't be so predictable and make it worth the wait.
Mormegil said:

It doesn't really need to be said, but Yuuki Aoi sure is a great seiyuu. Clementine was so crazy in this episode.

+1
Aug 25, 2015 8:05 PM

Jul 2014
Blancchet said:
This episode was intense

A level 99 tearing up a newb zone makes a decent episode but not a good series and seeing as every episode they say half a dozen ways that this guy has no chance of even being challenged let alone losing it is as far from intense as you can get.
Aug 25, 2015 8:22 PM

Aug 2008
RIP adventurers. I guess this arc will come to an end next episode. LOL! Nabe carrying hamster.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 25, 2015 8:40 PM

Jan 2013
So the vol 3 will be super rushed/skipped instead of this one, I guess. Next episode could be 50% vol 2 and 50% vol 3 though.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Aug 25, 2015 8:50 PM

Jun 2013
"You interrupted my plans." "I'll give you a handicap." "I won't take this fight seriously." I got so hyped to see Ainz OP the shit out of Clementine. Damn cliffhanger.

I expect Ainz to face challenges at some point, but I don't know, I still feel like this fight will be easy for him. I guess that's the point of him being the "Overlord."
Aug 25, 2015 9:26 PM

Aug 2013
Gotta love all of these human plebs talking mad shit to Nabe and Momon without even knowing who the fuck they're dealing with.

Fucking Clementine "ohhh hurrdurr I could kill your companion I fight with heroes look at meee". Bitch please, Momon's third tier Jack the Ripper summon would probably beat seven shades of shit out of you. His weakest battle maid could beat you barehanded. Nabe could peel all of your skin off with her fucking toes.

If Momonga had any interest in taking this turn of events seriously, he could've called like 4 people out of Nazarick (let's go with: Albedo, Cocytus, and 2 battle maids), he could've released his armor and went normal caster form, and this entire arc would've been over in about 5 minutes.

Instead he's just trolling and giving them the dickens, which makes it much more funny when trying to take the villain seriously.
Aug 25, 2015 9:49 PM

Apr 2012
Clemintine is so entertaining just to listen to! Someone better turn her lines into a song at some point, because I would never get tired of that.

Just Momon being epic as always I can't wait to see just how well Khajit and Clemintine manage against Nabe and Momon before they getting curb stomped. I'm not expecting an even match, but I don't see them getting one-shot either, especially considering Momon won't be taking the fight seriously.

P.S. I absolutely LOVE the opening and ending themes!!!
FateHeroAug 25, 2015 9:56 PM
Aug 25, 2015 10:13 PM

Aug 2014
What a sp00ky episode!
Aug 25, 2015 10:19 PM

Jul 2013
barmar said:
Kuroi_Usagi-san said:

That's not entirely true. Like Tropicalwood said, and Ains noted it as well that they are useful for spreading his name. Those adventurers have in fact spent the most time with him so far in whatever side of the world Ains and Nabe are in.
Actually they didn't get any big achievements done while traveling together.Also the reason Ainz was traveling with them was simply for more information. In fact the guards that saw him plowing through 100's of undead have more value.

Besides, by fixing the current mess Ains'll get much more out of it rather than wasting those res items and especially having to explain that later on.

That aside, technically the guards saw the remains instead. Though rumors make for powerful hearsay. The adventurers, being who they are, will carry the stories they have of Momon across wherever they travel. It is in their nature to tell stories of their travels.

One can argue that a guard can tell stories, too. Sure they may go to taverns and such, but to the extent of the story so far we haven't seen any that were in the inn when Momon visited. On top of that, you won't randomly see a guard whimsically walk up to someone and start saying, "HEY, YOU KNOW THERE WAS THIS GUY MOMON?!"

Klockan said:
Kuroi_Usagi-san said:

After that little spiel of cringe-worthy placed exposition about Ninya's sister, it "should" make sense that they bring them back to life. Otherwise, if they were going to die anyway, that little tidbit about the sister and Ninya's hidden identity being a girl is kind of worthless.

My hope is that they bring them back to life, because I am really liking the show. I don't want to already pass it off as a poorly written enjoyable show instead of simply an enjoyable show.

Just assume that all humans will die with their wishes unfulfilled and you will have a better grasp of this show. Then you might get pleasantly surprised whenever it doesn't happen instead.

Stronoff.

Though, Ains, to the best of my knowledge, has only encountered three human settlements so far. In any case, there's not really any themes or motifs present and in need of understanding to grasp the show. It' simply a fantasy adventure following the point of view of an "alleged supervillain" with no aim at the moment.
Jammin_RabbitAug 25, 2015 10:25 PM
"I've always seen failure as a possibility, but never as an option."
vndb||Serumeito Twitter||Discord: Bunny of Wrath#3201
Aug 25, 2015 10:28 PM

Aug 2008
When is episode 9 preview coming out?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 25, 2015 10:46 PM
Jul 2007
There's no way English dub of Clementine can match the batshit insane the JP VA pulls off lol.
Aug 25, 2015 10:50 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode once again. But disappointed they left out Ainz's orders for the undead he created. Ordering them to kill any adventurers that got close but to leave the soldiers alive. >:)
Aug 25, 2015 11:08 PM
Oct 2011
Kuroi_Usagi-san said:
barmar said:
Actually they didn't get any big achievements done while traveling together.Also the reason Ainz was traveling with them was simply for more information. In fact the guards that saw him plowing through 100's of undead have more value.

Besides, by fixing the current mess Ains'll get much more out of it rather than wasting those res items and especially having to explain that later on.

That aside, technically the guards saw the remains instead. Though rumors make for powerful hearsay. The adventurers, being who they are, will carry the stories they have of Momon across wherever they travel. It is in their nature to tell stories of their travels.

One can argue that a guard can tell stories, too. Sure they may go to taverns and such, but to the extent of the story so far we haven't seen any that were in the inn when Momon visited. On top of that, you won't randomly see a guard whimsically walk up to someone and start saying, "HEY, YOU KNOW THERE WAS THIS GUY MOMON?!"

Ah but Guards make reports ,official reports to the higher-ups which can't be overexaggerated since many of them saw it.

I meant that sword throw that slayed the giant, which they clearly saw.They could probably deduce the rest themselves but yea.
DawnJ said:
So the vol 3 will be super rushed/skipped instead of this one, I guess. Next episode could be 50% vol 2 and 50% vol 3 though.
I hope so. They probably wont make it(even if they skip a lot) if they don't at least adapt part of Vol 3 in the next ep. Still, I really thought they would Skip more from Vol 2 since the next arc will probably be the best one in the anime.
barmarAug 25, 2015 11:17 PM
Aug 25, 2015 11:14 PM

Feb 2013
WHY THE FUCK DOES IT NEED TO END AT GOOD PART!! (T_T)
Aug 25, 2015 11:26 PM

Feb 2013
Hamsuke is my new fav character in this anime
Aug 26, 2015 12:29 AM

Dec 2012
I just might tear my balls off if I have to listen to Clementines jarring voice anymore x_x
Aug 26, 2015 1:46 AM

Jun 2013
Nphirea has been kidnapped by the crazy woman who tortured the others and turned them into zombies on her way out. Momon didn't hesitate one bit in killing them. Well, he didn't consider them friends anyway.

Momon uses a lot of items so that the enemy can't find out that he's searching for them. He takes every precautionary measure in the book by that stupid named player, Moe something. God their names are stupid here lol.

Momon had the most badass entry here. A warrior in full body armor enters, riding an overgrown hamster. You just can't take that seriously

He shows off more of his OPness by jumping into the cemetery full of raging skeletons. Momon left Khajit to Nabe and took on the crazy lady. Clementine claims that there are only a few people who could fight against her on equal footing. And Momon is like "I'm not going to fight you seriously". One would expect him to go all out to show his unmatched strength. But this is the badass skeleton man here.

All that was done to spread his name even further. And he admits it to Clementine. Protecting Nphirea with those adventurers was just to spread his name. Going to save Nphirea serves the same purpose. And defeating Clementine by not going all out will show the world that Momon defeated this Hero level crazy woman without breaking a sweat, so who knows how strong he really is.

Looking forward to more badass skeleton man.
Aug 26, 2015 1:49 AM
Jun 2013
Objurgo said:
I just might tear my balls off if I have to listen to Clementines jarring voice anymore x_x
Her VA is doing a fantastic job, i can't stop going back and watching the endscene in episode 6, with the information seller, that shit is so creepy, fucked up and spot on from the VA.
Also helps that the script/dialogue isn't shit.
Aug 26, 2015 2:00 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Ey this was nice ep. Good and enjoyable anime. I wonder how much power Ains will actually have to use against Clementine.

Probably will have to be more serious than usual but I wonder if he will have to show his actual face or overlords magic.

If not then probably only enemies where he will end up using his true power will be probably adventures from the days of his "gaming".
Aug 26, 2015 2:03 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Darkon34 said:
WHY THE FUCK DOES IT NEED TO END AT GOOD PART!! (T_T)

so you can look forward to next week.
Aug 26, 2015 2:15 AM

Aug 2012
Aaah Clementine was ended up fighting Momon, it should be Nabel instead. The result is not even just predictable, it's really really obvious. When we're gonna witness all of the Nazarick forces in a deadly battle..!? I mean it's been 8 episodes, and so far only Albedo and Nabel who did participate :/
And yeah Momon should've answered Nabel's 'foolish' question, I demand it and no tsundere action please (¬_¬)
Aug 26, 2015 2:18 AM

Apr 2008
ShinRei_YaGaMi said:
Aaah Clementine was ended up fighting Momon, it should be Nabel instead. The result is not even just predictable, it's really really obvious. When we're gonna witness all of the Nazarick forces in a deadly battle..!? I mean it's been 8 episodes, and so far only Albedo and Nabel who did participate :/
And yeah Momon should've answered Nabel's 'foolish' question, I demand it and no tsundere action please (¬_¬)

All of Nazarick's forces and deadly battle can't exist in the same sentence. Just ask the folks from Vol.4
Aug 26, 2015 2:31 AM
Nov 2012
Darklight0303 said:
ShinRei_YaGaMi said:

All of Nazarick's forces and deadly battle can't exist in the same sentence. Just ask the folks from Vol.4
Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope oh all their NOPES!XD

vaikepois said:
Ey this was nice ep. Good and enjoyable anime. I wonder how much power Ains will actually have to use against Clementine.

Probably will have to be more serious than usual but I wonder if he will have to show his actual face or overlords magic.

I'll just say that Ainz is also Interested in Martal arts or "warriors magic" as he called it.Martial arts didn't exist in Yggdrasil and is exclusive to the new world. So he is interested in the moves they use and how to handle them if a powerfull opponent does show up.

vaikepois said:
If not then probably only enemies where he will end up using his true power will be probably adventures from the days of his "gaming"
Well just look forward to the next arc.
Aug 26, 2015 2:45 AM

Aug 2012
Darklight0303 said:

You mean each of them have their own battles..!? That's what I mean I guess, but when will they fight anyway..!? Sebas, Demiurge, Cocytus, all of pleiades maids, this only one cour rite and it's not fair if they just showed in OP theme but never did truly 'appear'.
Aug 26, 2015 2:51 AM

Apr 2008
ShinRei_YaGaMi said:
Darklight0303 said:

You mean each of them have their own battles..!? That's what I mean I guess, but when will they fight anyway..!? Sebas, Demiurge, Cocytus, all of pleiades maids, this only one cour rite and it's not fair if they just showed in OP theme but never did truly 'appear'.

Ah their own battles. I thought you meant basically opening the floodgates of Nazarick and attacking with everything in there.
Aug 26, 2015 2:55 AM

Dec 2012
Jaridan said:
Objurgo said:
Her VA is doing a fantastic job, i can't stop going back and watching the endscene in episode 6, with the information seller, that shit is so creepy, fucked up and spot on from the VA.
Also helps that the script/dialogue isn't shit.

Insufferable voice and the cringiest dialogue I have ever heard. "Oh, and I also love torture~" sounds like something a 16 year old on deviant art came up with.
Aug 26, 2015 2:56 AM

Aug 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Ah their own battles. I thought you meant basically opening the floodgates of Nazarick and attacking with everything in there.
I don't read the manga/LN but as far as I know no one's able to break through the floors of Tomb of Nazarick so why didn't they jump on the battle then..!? And face Ainz's wrath for disobeying his order while they're at it lol
Aug 26, 2015 3:01 AM

Apr 2008
ShinRei_YaGaMi said:
Darklight0303 said:
I don't read the manga/LN but as far as I know no one's able to break through the floors of Tomb of Nazarick so why didn't they jump on the battle then..!? And face Ainz's wrath for disobeying his order while they're at it lol

BEcause doing anything to upset or disappoint Ainz is a capital offense. Did you not see how Narberal reacted last episode?
Aug 26, 2015 3:02 AM

Jan 2013
ichii_1 said:
pwner said:
As for Clementine, she seems like a viable information source, can't he just teleport her back to the fortress so his servants can interrogate her?

That's will be part of the next arc.

You forget that Ainz was just an average business man before he got to this world.
You can't expect him to be a genius and an overlord overnight.

this,he is just a normal dude who did lots of grinding :)
Aug 26, 2015 3:12 AM

Apr 2015
I have come to kidnap you but let me tell you my evil plan first! Oh, I guess killing them remedied that.

Pretty dandy episode.
Aug 26, 2015 3:19 AM

Aug 2012
Darklight0303 said:
BEcause doing anything to upset or disappoint Ainz is a capital offense. Did you not see how Narberal reacted last episode?

I don't think Ainz would go as far letting his precious allies committing "seppuku" (from last episode, he's a human at heart), but for now I'll just take it as loyalty and fear cause *sigh* ╮(╯▽╰)╭
Aug 26, 2015 3:26 AM

Apr 2008
ShinRei_YaGaMi said:
Darklight0303 said:

I don't think Ainz would go as far letting his precious allies committing "seppuku" (from last episode, he's a human at heart), but for now I'll just take it as loyalty and fear cause *sigh* ╮(╯▽╰)╭

It has nothing to do with what Ainz would do. The expectations of the NPC's and the unwavering worship and respect they have for the Supreme beings is just that great.
Aug 26, 2015 3:33 AM

Apr 2008
Hmmmm actually didn't expect Ains to be SO indifferent about those adventurers being killed though, like , he honestly doesn't give slightest of f*ck.
Knew with the buildup that we had to wait for next week for main fights aaahhhh still frustrating !!!
Aug 26, 2015 5:10 AM

Apr 2015
Straw-Hat-Matt said:
Hmmmm actually didn't expect Ains to be SO indifferent about those adventurers being killed though, like , he honestly doesn't give slightest of f*ck.
Knew with the buildup that we had to wait for next week for main fights aaahhhh still frustrating !!!

I don't know but I think he consider them as NPCs but also has slight remorse and he just ain't showing it.

Can't wait for the duel. Monmon, should teach her not to messed with a corpse.
#CHEXIT
Aug 26, 2015 5:25 AM

Jul 2008
ShinRei_YaGaMi said:

Of course it would be really, really obvious. And predictable. The results, I mean.

All of the battles are actually, even those that would be in the second season...lol
Aug 26, 2015 5:26 AM

Dec 2011
Those adventurers got so fodderized quickly... now I can't wait to see Momon one shot the girl.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2015 5:43 AM
Oct 2011
entropy13 said:
ShinRei_YaGaMi said:

Of course it would be really, really obvious. And predictable. The results, I mean.

All of the battles are actually, even those that would be in the second season...lol
Well not all of them I mean
barmarAug 26, 2015 5:47 AM
Aug 26, 2015 6:11 AM
Jul 2012
Darklight0303 said:
pwner said:
The whole development is so slow, one would think that this needs at least 50-60 episodes to showcase the plot. Otherwise it will be just like preparing a meal for two hours only to forget it in the oven...

I think the turning point will come when stronger or equal characters appear. Otherwise it's comparable to playing an MMO at max level and doing lvl 1 quests. Gets boring.

As for this ep:

I don't see any point in just showing the necromancers how OP is he(Momon), also why make it seem like it will take more than a spell to wipe them. Plus sending Nabe to do it? They seem too insignificant and weak. Wouldn't it be faster to just instakill them? After all there are no observers...

You would write a very boring story.

That's probably why I am not an anime story writer, my thoughts are usually too ordered and rational. Plus I don't spare my criticism towards foolishness, which the wide public seems to tolerate when correlating with their own emotional mayhem.
Aug 26, 2015 6:16 AM

Nov 2010
I don't really understand why they revealed that Ninya was a girl if she was gonna get killed anyway.
Aug 26, 2015 6:22 AM

Jan 2013
Rinji- said:
I don't really understand why they revealed that Ninya was a girl if she was gonna get killed anyway.

They are bunch of backstories and revelations that feel like they are almost brute-inserted to fill the pages in the novel. Most of them are skipped in the anime though.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Aug 26, 2015 6:32 AM
Nov 2012
pwner said:
Darklight0303 said:

That's probably why I am not an anime story writer, my thoughts are usually too ordered and rational. Plus I don't spare my criticism towards foolishness, which the wide public seems to tolerate when correlating with their own emotional mayhem.
And exactly because Clementine is like that he wants to know her abilities especially martial arts as well as gain experience fighting as a warrior- and well I wont spoil the last part but lets say fighting clementine will give him the necessary edge later on during the next arc when he has to use a special skill which makes use of that experience.As for merits of not Killing her well there's little really. Besides it's not like Ainz is perfect he makes mistakes.Especially in this case, Albedo even points that out later on.

As for information he already got those prisoners from theocracy.They were a special unit too, and Demiurge is having fun with them, guess that wasn't shown in the anime but Demiurge is definitely enjoying skinning them alive, obtaining information...and making low level scrolls from their skin.
Aug 26, 2015 6:32 AM

Apr 2008
Rinji- said:

Because of a character later down the line in the novels.
Aug 26, 2015 6:35 AM

Jun 2008
neolucaman said:
bad girl really need some punishment by sir momom.

If i had his power i would just sexually abuse her while fighting her(slashing clothes off and cropping ftw). She seems she wants it anyway with all her sexual innuendo's.
Aug 26, 2015 6:38 AM

Sep 2008
pwner said:
Darklight0303 said:

Your main issue is assuming what you like is what everyone likes. What you think as being boring is fun to others. Particularly i enjoy seeing an OP MC for the most part of a story. I'm sick of seeing shounen protags who, during every fucking fight, pull a bullshit when out of their ass after having a hard time. I would much rather seeing the protag ROFLstomp his opponents and instead learn about the world and characters while having a badass MC
Aug 26, 2015 6:38 AM
Dec 2013
ANothe rmazing ep! Hopign for a 2 cour!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

434 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 2, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2015

405 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 1, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2015

332 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 1, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

371 by hanakocheeks »»
Aug 31, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2015

253 by MrList »»
Jun 28, 3:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.