Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 19, 2015 11:16 AM

Aug 2014
Sir_Chasm said:
busydude said:

My graphics look amazing, what setting are you running on? o-o

Oh don't get me wrong, the game looks great, but there has been a downgrade of graphics if you compare early gameplay footage with the final product. The game is fun, my only complaint is that the developers lied. They claimed that there was no downgrade.

Try changing some stuff in settings maybe
May 19, 2015 11:32 AM

Mar 2015
Crips said:

It's not about the settings. Even maxed out you won't get what was promised.
Like, granted they did it to make it run smoother, but even on Ultra settings the game isn't what was shown in the early demos. And as developers they could at least have told the players what was going on instead of denying it.
May 19, 2015 11:44 AM

Aug 2014
Sir_Chasm said:
Crips said:

It's not about the settings. Even maxed out you won't get what was promised.
Like, granted they did it to make it run smoother, but even on Ultra settings the game isn't what was shown in the early demos. And as developers they could at least have told the players what was going on instead of denying it.

Hmm... well nothing is wrong with graphics on my pc :/ res is high and everything
May 19, 2015 12:04 PM

Apr 2015
I'm from Poland (for those who didn't know - Witcher was made by a Polish studio CD PROJEKT RED) and I'm soooo proud! :3 Also, I'm really excited about the Wild Hunt, but I have a tiny, tiny problem - my computer ;) I don't own a console. And, well, my computer isn't the best computer in the world. I'd have to improve some things if I wanted to buy Witcher 3. But I'm afraid that my graphic card won't stand it, and until I check it, I know nothing. So I'm still waiting for my Dad's opinion, who is better at all these technical things.
May 19, 2015 12:05 PM

Aug 2014
zusapphire said:
I'm from Poland (for those who didn't know - Witcher was made by a Polish studio CD PROJEKT RED) and I'm soooo proud! :3 Also, I'm really excited about the Wild Hunt, but I have a tiny, tiny problem - my computer ;) I don't own a console. And, well, my computer isn't the best computer in the world. I'd have to improve some things if I wanted to buy Witcher 3. But I'm afraid that my graphic card won't stand it, and until I check it, I know nothing. So I'm still waiting for my Dad's opinion, who is better at all these technical things.

Don't worry about graphics, just you'll see. The game itself will win you over in a matter of seconds. The home screen even did it for me :P
May 19, 2015 12:07 PM

Nov 2014
Game looks awesome to me. Dunno what downgrades ya'll talking about.

Adjust your TV / Monitor Settings maybe?
May 19, 2015 12:11 PM

Aug 2014
SolidusSmoke said:
Game looks awesome to me. Dunno what downgrades ya'll talking about.

Adjust your TV / Monitor Settings maybe?

No, apparently its the game in general. The GV messed up, from the rumours? :/ but i don't think they did on my part tbh
May 19, 2015 12:13 PM

Apr 2013
This game is beaaaast. Fuck the haters.

Crips said:
Lmao. Dark Souls and Bloodborne may be mainstream, but buddy, wanna compare difficulties and enjoyment?

Why? My point was: Souls series is mainstream. If you want to prove your hardcore-ness as a video gamer (which is pretty stupid imo) saying that you're a fan of the series isn't really going to help, since you know, it's mainstream. Don't get me wrong though, I fucking love the games.
May 19, 2015 12:19 PM

Aug 2014
NudeBear said:
This game is beaaaast. Fuck the haters.

Crips said:
Lmao. Dark Souls and Bloodborne may be mainstream, but buddy, wanna compare difficulties and enjoyment?

Why? My point was: Souls series is mainstream. If you want to prove your hardcore-ness as a video gamer (which is pretty stupid imo) saying that you're a fan of the series isn't really going to help, since you know, it's mainstream. Don't get me wrong though, I fucking love the games.

I get your point now. Didn't read the mainstream part ahaha.

The game is beast, progress is tiring though :/
May 19, 2015 2:37 PM

Nov 2013
Yeah progress feels really slow, especially on hardest difficulty. It's really fucking fun tho and the world is fucking amazing.
May 19, 2015 3:05 PM

Aug 2014
Yeah, hardest difficultly feels challenging at least and it feels as if the free roaming gives you a better and bigger view on the game. more exploring
May 20, 2015 4:49 PM
May 2015
I've only logged about an hour or so of game play so far but already I'm loving it! The world is so rich and full of life, not to mention visually stunning even with the graphical downgrade.
May 20, 2015 6:16 PM

Feb 2010
NudeBear said:

Should have said shmups or stimulations, amiright?
May 21, 2015 10:08 AM

Mar 2014
My Goddamn internet!!!
Can't wait to start playing. That "A Night to Remember"" CGI trailer blew me away.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
May 21, 2015 2:31 PM

Mar 2014
So is this game the greatest rpg or was it just way too hyped?
May 21, 2015 4:18 PM
May 2015
sullynathan said:

Whether it's the greatest RPG or not is down to personal opinion I think but I can assure you this game definitely lives up to the hype.

This is by far the best RPG I've played.
May 21, 2015 4:23 PM

Aug 2014
This is by far the best RPG I've played.[/quote]
May 21, 2015 4:35 PM

Mar 2014
For some reason I can't see this being my favorite rpg
May 21, 2015 8:22 PM

Sep 2013
sullynathan said:

It deserves the hype.
May 21, 2015 10:18 PM

Feb 2012
sullynathan said:

Flavor of the season, give or take.

Everything you have seen before, just next gen.
May 21, 2015 10:59 PM

Aug 2014
Finished the game.

9/10.

Now for sidequests "_"
May 22, 2015 2:10 AM
May 2015
Crips said:
Finished the game.

9/10.

Now for sidequests "_"

Wow! congrats!
I'm only about 4 hours in still haha. All that'll change this weekend!
May 22, 2015 5:48 AM

Jan 2008
I'm mainly going for sidestuff before progessing the main quest but it really does live up to the hype.
There are some downsides like bugs (which are unavoidable in a big sandbox like that) and there are some issues while trying to pick an item or activate something like a trapdoor on the ground - you have to be positioning yourself very accurately. I did have a few fps drops as well and 1 crash.
But all that does not take from the game itself which is so much fun. I absolutely love the fact that there are so many quests that aren't simply "kill 10 rabits" but you actually talk to people, prepare, then hunt and every quest is unique and memorable. I think that quests are the strongest part of the game and I can easily see myself spending 100+ hours on this title.
I'm playing on hard - hardest is too much for me.
Come to think of it the only thing that really annoys me are load times after dying (in White Orchard those weren't the issue but in Velen it's like a full minute of loading after each death).
May 22, 2015 7:26 AM

Feb 2008
Werchiel said:
Come to think of it the only thing that really annoys me are load times after dying (in White Orchard those weren't the issue but in Velen it's like a full minute of loading after each death).

gitgud and problem solved!

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
May 22, 2015 8:26 AM

Mar 2014
Real question, is the combat actually good this time?
May 22, 2015 8:41 AM

Oct 2008
Maxed it out on my rig.

Uninstalled it after because I'm tired of playing Movies.
May 22, 2015 9:04 AM

Sep 2014
I finally got some chance to play this after work-related stuff, and foolishly spending all my free time on anime instead.

It seems great so far, the combat has improved like I'd hoped it would. Still not perfect, but the battle with the griffon was Monster Hunter/Dragon's Dogma worthy (which is a good thing). I'm looking forward to more boss battles like that one later on in the game.

It's hard to tell, but the world does arguably seem like it may be bigger than Skyrim as well. Not too fond of the fact that it's split up among sections though, unlike the Elder Scrolls.

Above all else, Geralt is still very smexy, which is definitely the most important factor to be taken into account. Period.
May 22, 2015 10:57 AM

Mar 2014
SnugglyWhuggly said:
I finally got some chance to play this after work-related stuff, and foolishly spending all my free time on anime instead.

It seems great so far, the combat has improved like I'd hoped it would. Still not perfect, but the battle with the griffon was Monster Hunter/Dragon's Dogma worthy (which is a good thing). I'm looking forward to more boss battles like that one later on in the game.

It's hard to tell, but the world does arguably seem like it may be bigger than Skyrim as well. Not too fond of the fact that it's split up among sections though, unlike the Elder Scrolls.

Above all else, Geralt is still very smexy, which is definitely the most important factor to be taken into account. Period.

It is larger than Skyrim, but that really isn't an impressive feat since there are rpg's and open world game larger than Skyrim.

Master_of_MAL said:
Maxed it out on my rig.

Uninstalled it after because I'm tired of playing Movies.

GOTY
http://fat.gfycat.com/VainGrandioseAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam.webm
http://fat.gfycat.com/PoliteDistortedFieldmouse.webm
sullynathanMay 22, 2015 2:19 PM
May 22, 2015 3:37 PM

Nov 2012
Definitely worth the hype.
May 22, 2015 4:49 PM
May 2015
sullynathan said:

I haven't played 1 or 2 but from what I've heard it's improved from those. Takes a while to get used to and there's a lot of options which could be overwhelming for someone who has never played an RPG before, but it's definitely a good combat system. It really encourages thinking strategically as opposed to just running into a group of enemies and button mashing which is a sure way to get yourself killed.
May 22, 2015 8:01 PM

Mar 2015
sullynathan said:

It's better, I enjoy it, it's better than the last game. Then again, I didn't mind the last game too much.
May 24, 2015 12:16 PM

Apr 2013
Combat is better than the first two, it's nothing special but the combat isn't the appeal to the games imo
an egomaniac and a fool

May 24, 2015 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
The Good:
- Story
- Characters
- Voice Acting
- Graphics
- World (detailed and pretty lively)

The Bad:
- Everything else

Game Breakers:
- Combat feels clunky and cheap, but that's not a surprise whatsoever because of the abysmally-done walk/run cycle and attack animations. Anyone who's saying the combat is genuinely good is either A) comparing it to Witcher 2 since it was awful there or B) lying.
It doesn't feel like you're in complete control of what you're doing during combat, especially against tougher opponents.
Basically, the combat is improved, but still utter sht.

- The game isn't open-world as many people seem to be saying, but rather a conglomerate of zones. Each "zone" takes around 3-5 minutes to travel from one end to the other on average.

Recommended for people who are really into games like Skyrim, Mass Effect, etc.
Not much else to say about it.
removed-userMay 24, 2015 1:12 PM
May 24, 2015 1:27 PM

Feb 2015
SolidusSmoke said:
It's super refreshing not having to play as your typical teenager that awakens to some untold power.

Instead, you're a grizzly middle aged veteran that sleeps with prostitutes and slays monsters for money.

Is this a joke? That's the exact opposite of unique and refreshing!
May 24, 2015 4:41 PM
May 2015
Cakedog said:
- The game isn't open-world as many people seem to be saying, but rather a conglomerate of zones. Each "zone" takes around 3-5 minutes to travel from one end to the other on average.

Yeah it's sort of similar to that of Dragon Age Inquisition except the areas are bigger.
May 24, 2015 5:15 PM

Oct 2008
Im not hyped at all.
I thought i'll play the first game before trying this.
That one has terrible combat, so i didn't finish it.
And i won't play the new one, without finishing the previous 2.

Even if it's the best game out there.
May 24, 2015 7:28 PM

Mar 2014
RockerRollin said:
sullynathan said:

I haven't played 1 or 2 but from what I've heard it's improved from those. Takes a while to get used to and there's a lot of options which could be overwhelming for someone who has never played an RPG before, but it's definitely a good combat system. It really encourages thinking strategically as opposed to just running into a group of enemies and button mashing which is a sure way to get yourself killed.

I have played a bunch of rpgs but I found TW2 combat to be mediocre and if TW3 is like TW2 then I don't see it as strategic but rather repetitive and easy.

SolidusSmoke said:
It's super refreshing not having to play as your typical teenager that awakens to some untold power.

Instead, you're a grizzly middle aged veteran that sleeps with prostitutes and slays monsters for money.

I'm sure you play a lot of JRPG's then. I don't remember the last time I played a game and a teenager was the MC. most western rpg's aren't like that.
May 24, 2015 7:34 PM

Aug 2014
Game is awesome.
I'm playing on the second hardest diff and i must say it's pretty hard at times.
It's incredibly fun so far.

Xway101 ~By me~
May 24, 2015 8:38 PM

Sep 2011
I've been playing this game pretty religiously since I got it on release. For lack of a better word, it's amazing. It lived up to the hype and then some. The game is massive, the world feels alive, the characters are diverse and well written and the main story line is actually good! I just recently finished the entire Bloody Baron quest line. Without giving away spoilers that quest chain was easily one of the best RPG experiences I've ever had. It really made me feel like a Witcher and more importantly my choices did matter.

One thing I keep saying to myself while playing this game is how the fuck did a pile of shit like Dragon Age Inquisition get GOTY. A single side quest from Witcher 3 is a several time better than the entire main storyline of DA:Inq.

I don't mean to go into a tangent and bash Bioware or DA but after Inquisition I felt drained. I was ready to give up with all these AAA developers and their hyped up games. 2014 was disappointment after disappointment. It looks like the 2015 will be different with The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne, two awesome games in the last 5 months.

Just need MGS5 and Persona 5 to live up to the hype and 2015 will be remembered as one of the greatest years for video games.
May 24, 2015 10:05 PM
May 2015
Fullmetal89 said:
One thing I keep saying to myself while playing this game is how the fuck did a pile of shit like Dragon Age Inquisition get GOTY. A single side quest from Witcher 3 is a several time better than the entire main storyline of DA:Inq.

I agree with you there man. I just couldn't get into that game.
May 25, 2015 2:06 PM

Nov 2013
Fullmetal89 said:
I've been playing this game pretty religiously since I got it on release. For lack of a better word, it's amazing. It lived up to the hype and then some. The game is massive, the world feels alive, the characters are diverse and well written and the main story line is actually good! I just recently finished the entire Bloody Baron quest line. Without giving away spoilers that quest chain was easily one of the best RPG experiences I've ever had. It really made me feel like a Witcher and more importantly my choices did matter.

Yeah the Baron quest line is really good and fun. The next big one is kind of meh, sadly. The one after that is really REALLY good. I haven't gotten any further than that. I'm level 20, 50+ hours in doing sidequests and world events as well.
May 25, 2015 2:14 PM

Sep 2011
PurpleJaeden said:
Fullmetal89 said:

Yeah the Baron quest line is really good and fun. The next big one is kind of meh, sadly. The one after that is really REALLY good. I haven't gotten any further than that. I'm level 20, 50+ hours in doing sidequests and world events as well.

Awesome, I'm still doing quest in Velen. Keep getting sidetracked by the sidemissions. Actually got sucked into 'Hattori' the sword smith quest chain. Which I shouldn't have tackled at level 9 lol. Basically had to stand back and spam stun on enemy NPC's till friendly NPC's finished them off. Fun times lol.
May 25, 2015 4:16 PM
May 2015
Fullmetal89 said:
PurpleJaeden said:

Awesome, I'm still doing quest in Velen. Keep getting sidetracked by the sidemissions. Actually got sucked into 'Hattori' the sword smith quest chain. Which I shouldn't have tackled at level 9 lol. Basically had to stand back and spam stun on enemy NPC's till friendly NPC's finished them off. Fun times lol.

Man there are so many side quests and so far they are all awesome. Without any spoilers I just finished one that involves a werewolf and it's was great!

Currently about to start the Bloody Baron Quests. Just making sure to level enough beforehand. One thing I love about this game is that it takes a while to level up. Makes you feel like you've worked for it when you finally do!
May 25, 2015 7:51 PM

Sep 2011
RockerRollin said:
Fullmetal89 said:

Man there are so many side quests and so far they are all awesome. Without any spoilers I just finished one that involves a werewolf and it's was great!

Currently about to start the Bloody Baron Quests. Just making sure to level enough beforehand. One thing I love about this game is that it takes a while to level up. Makes you feel like you've worked for it when you finally do!

Yeah I did do that one it was really good.

Just did another one today that was pretty funny. Without giving away spoilers it had to do with a mage specializing in Cheese lol...
May 25, 2015 8:23 PM

Apr 2012
If you have FPS problems, don't use the Nvidia hair thingie, put everything on Ultra except for background characters and environment and force shutdown that Nvidia application for streaming.

If you still have fps problems, lower shadows and water a bit.

Anyway, the game is ok, although I don't like the combat that much. It's kind of shit with the keyboard and mouse.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
May 25, 2015 8:28 PM
May 2015
Fullmetal89 said:
RockerRollin said:

Yeah I did do that one it was really good.

Just did another one today that was pretty funny. Without giving away spoilers it had to do with a mage specializing in Cheese lol...

Haha, haven't done that one yet but now I'm eager to!
May 26, 2015 3:47 AM

Jul 2013
Just got my copy few hours ago. I'm just about to ask this some kind of military leader about Yennefer's whereabouts. I'm still level 1 and of course still adjusting to everything especially the combat and I'd say I'm enjoying everything so far.
May 26, 2015 3:53 AM
May 2015
PrimeX said:
Just got my copy few hours ago. I'm just about to ask this some kind of military leader about Yennefer's whereabouts. I'm still level 1 and of course still adjusting to everything especially the combat and I'd say I'm enjoying everything so far.

Good to hear :) your in for a great time!
May 26, 2015 4:04 AM

Aug 2013
Yeoun said:
my pc can't handle this beast ; ;

still crying
May 28, 2015 3:30 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well... I guess I'm finally sort of... "done" with the game... I guess? Level 35 now, done just about every quest I've found and explored almost everything

Like I have a ton more Smuggler's Caches to fish up of the Skellige ocean every here and there but that's about it. Feels a bit sad for it to be over. Guess I could go achievement hunting for what I still have left but yeah...

Anyway fantastic game overall. Similar to TES in a lot of ways but still quite characteristic in its own matter of fashion. Probably the biggest world I've ever seen in a single player game. The world itself is just so beautiful to look at. Truly a "next-gen" RPG in its own right

Only thing I hated was fistfighting. Seriously that shit was so boring. Gwent was amazing though ^^

Highly recommended overall
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Clock Tower: Rewind

GinIonSui - 4 hours ago

0 by GinIonSui »»
4 hours ago

» Do you play games in which you have to actually work to make it playable?

vasipi4946 - 4 hours ago

1 by Zettaiken »»
4 hours ago

» Leaks say Nvidia's next gen 5000 series won't have any increase in VRAM

tsukareru - 6 hours ago

2 by tsukareru »»
6 hours ago

» Best site to rate and discuss video games?

lucjan - Jun 10

1 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Between these two franchises ,which do you think has the better soundtracks?

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 6

6 by Nette »»
Yesterday, 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.