Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of 'Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal' Planned for Summer 2015 [Update 6/10]

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 12, 2015 4:09 AM

Mar 2015
I think I'll pass this one.
Apr 12, 2015 6:37 AM
Dec 2011
Not as big a fan of Crystal as I am of the original but, I love Sailor Moon. This makes me pretty happy.
Apr 12, 2015 7:06 AM
Feb 2011
Honestly, I don't exactly get the hate directed towards the anime, aside from animation. Crystal has been about a 95% faithful adaptation of the source material thus-far irc.

If anything, lack of characterization and development should be blamed on the manga. Takeuchi-sensei wasn't exactly great at those; most of the supporting cast's character development occurred in side stories.

EDIT: Feel free to correct me about the anything. I've only skimmed a few chapters of the manga so my memory may be hazy.
Apr 12, 2015 7:13 AM

Nov 2012
rawrx3itslynn said:
Honestly, I don't exactly get the hate directed towards the anime, aside from animation. Crystal has been about a 95% faithful adaptation of the source material thus-far irc.

If anything, lack of characterization and development should be blamed on the manga. Takeuchi-sensei wasn't exactly great at those; most of the supporting cast's character development occurred in side stories.

EDIT: Feel free to correct me about the anything. I've only skimmed a few chapters of the manga so my memory may be hazy.

that's wrong, crystal changed a lot of the manga, most notably
and they also cut a lot of scenes, including most of the comedic scenes that gave the senshi some character. (they kind of started including them now in the black moon arc, but really crappily...)
i don't mind some changes here and there, but all the changes crystal made were for the worse.
Apr 12, 2015 7:30 AM

May 2010
God freaking damn it. Should I be happy or not? I guess not.
Apr 12, 2015 8:04 AM

Nov 2012
I totally forgot about this, considering it took A Song of Ice and Fire 5-year break after the third fucking episode.
"Hey, assbutt!"—Castiel, Supernatural

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
Apr 12, 2015 9:33 AM
Apr 2013
I'm so happy !! But I'm worried if it's going to be late or poor quality... lol. But I'm really looking forward seeing my favorite girl Sailor Saturn!
Apr 12, 2015 12:01 PM

Dec 2012
If they'd atleast change the animation style and such lmfao.
Apr 12, 2015 12:41 PM

Feb 2015
I am pleased! Looking forward to seeing the outer senshi~ <3
Apr 12, 2015 2:47 PM

Aug 2010
Yay.
/sarcasm
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Apr 12, 2015 3:28 PM

Oct 2010
Tomatepompom said:
Give us Digimon Tri first please :P

Yes, give us Digiomn Adventure Tri. first. At least a release date, please. :(
Apr 12, 2015 9:14 PM

Aug 2014
Man everyone's saying that the "animation is so poor/bad" yet when I watch it I think "WTF are they talking about" Seriouslyy! I mean there is 1 or 2 character designs im like eghhhhhhh, chibi-usa & Pluto, but apart from that I think it looks great.

And although crystal is nowhere near the perfection that was the 90's anime, favorite anime for me, I still see it as a great different story approach as it follows the manga.... that being said after actually reading all the manga its not as interesting, I'm still excited for a Season 2 though.
All Hail Lelouch Vi Britannia!!
Apr 12, 2015 9:47 PM

Sep 2013
billybob300c said:
just can't stand Tsukino Usagi's voice.
same T_T
Apr 12, 2015 10:04 PM

Feb 2010
make a sailor moons anime then expect it not to get a second season? how is this news it would be news if it was like no second season is planned.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 13, 2015 5:23 AM

Oct 2013
lol no thanks. I love Sailor Moon an unreasonable amount, but Crystal has just been one big disappointment
Apr 13, 2015 9:28 AM

Dec 2014
liam78787 said:
Man everyone's saying that the "animation is so poor/bad" yet when I watch it I think "WTF are they talking about" Seriously!

Same here!
Apr 13, 2015 4:35 PM

Sep 2013
I'm not particularly excited for this considering I dropped this around ep 12 but I know my friend who loves Sailor Moon will be super stoked haha
Apr 13, 2015 5:42 PM

Jul 2013
wow.. i'm soo excited for this

The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Apr 13, 2015 11:28 PM

Oct 2010
Even though I don't think Crystal is very good, more Sailor Moon is always welcome! <3
Apr 14, 2015 2:44 PM
Aug 2014
...On the whole, I'm glad, because the manga gets so much better, so hopefully Crystal will have to get somewhat better too. But I'm also kind of worried.
The original anime made lots of changes to the manga--some good, some bad, some neutral--so I can appreciate both the manga and the anime because they each have their own merits.
Whereas so far, everything I like about Crystal is straight from the manga, and every single change that Crystal makes from the manga is a change that I don't like.
So... I'll definitely watch it, but my hopes aren't too high.
Apr 15, 2015 11:42 AM
Jan 2012
Anime herald says:

It looks like the big reveal was a miscommunication from Toei Europe. We reached out to the company, and received the following reply:

In Japan, the second season of Sailor Moon Crystal is currently streaming from this January (“Black Moon saga”). What the website news is telling is terrestrial TV broadcasting of the 2nd season in Japan will start from this summer.
Apr 16, 2015 1:47 AM

Dec 2014
That's... highly depressing.
Apr 18, 2015 10:29 AM

Sep 2010
kagura-pb said:
I love how people accuse Toei of 'milking' the franchise when actually it was to be expected that they'd want to adapt the manga in its entirety (the edition by which they go has 60 acts, if I remember correctly, and that's enough for exactly two seasons of 26 + 34 episodes), otherwise what would even be the point of doing it in the first place if they were only to cover the two initial arcs?

Personally, I couldn't be happier. SMC has its flaws, but at least I get to see all those awesome things from the manga that never made it to the first anime, such as

So yes, I'll be looking forward to summer, not caring in the slightest about the hate, criticism and all the negativity SMC has been getting. Such a great news!

I... I love you TT^TT

That is exactly why i'm excited for season 2. Well said ^_^
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
May 3, 2015 2:18 PM

Dec 2008
I feel like the haters forgot that the original animation was by no means perfect either. Plenty of animation errors in the original.
http://ai-no-senshi.net/information/anime/sm-animation-errors
The original also had much more bloating with the whole monster of the day business. I like Crystal because the plot is much more concise. I look forward to the next season.
May 7, 2015 3:30 AM

Jan 2008
Xanth, you of course notice that those animation errors shown on Ai no Senshi are minor issues with colouring, whether you can write a whole epitaph about any Crystal's episode and how the heroines look like spaghetti girls, have misplaced eyes in close-ups, have little to no animation? Even on Ai no Senshi colouring mistakes in Classic have max of five-eight mistakes and not in every episode (notice the wide gap between episodes in span of 49-episodes series!), while AnS has enitre paragraphs for a single episode of Crystal? Of course there's also a question if she/he looked throughout all episodes of Classic thouroughly or not, we can argue about that. But my point is: yes, original series wasn't perfect, especially the first season, when they didn't have that much budget compared to later*, when SM became a hit. It doesn't change the fact that Crystal indeed looks terrible in quality when you can count okay or good-looking episodes on your one hand. Original Sailor Moon looked mediocre at its worst (really bad shots happened, they always happen, especially in such a long running series) but nobody cites it as completely shit-looking anime with no budget behind it. Because it isn't. The argument that "bu-but Classic had also animation errors!" is like comparing apples to oranges, is completely nitpicky and beyond the point. Original Sailor Moon looks very solid for anime aired in it time, duh, it looks solid even TODAY, but what can you say about Crystal which looks terrible even on Blu-Rays? Sorry, the reality is that they don't have a budget or just don't WANT to have budget for this and trying to avert people's eyes with pointing at rare moments of derp-faces in Classic whereas it's just an okay series with no glaring mistakes showing up every second seems just childish to me. You are not making faults in Crystal dissappear by showing that Usagi's odangos are miscolored in couple of shots. I'm sorry if I offended you, but the whole argument comapring graphics is broken from the get-go and I can't fathom why people don't realize it. You can like Crystal all you want (I'm talking in general now), that's awesome, but comparing it to series that looked fine is like voluntering to take an arrow to the knee. Of course if somebody tells you that Classic is the anime magnum opus and can't be any more perfect, then she/he needs an eye-check too.

Long story short: you don't compare graphics in anime that looks terrible to at least okay looking one unless you really want to lose that argument. It's seriously better to compare story, character portrayal and so on because they are so different and every person likes certain takes on something (as you said you prefer contrived plot in Crystal to monster of the week formula present in classics).

* altough SuperS gave as that vampire ChibiUsa special wich was horrific in quality. So yeah, it happened.

Before I forget: you have a really cool avatar!
May 7, 2015 6:37 AM

Nov 2014
toei is shit rip
kill yourself
May 16, 2015 6:31 PM

Apr 2011
AiCon said:
I bet we'll still have to wait 2 weeks for each episode again.

Right~~

May 18, 2015 12:06 AM

Feb 2008
SMC has many flaws, but I'm glad they're making a second season.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
May 20, 2015 4:30 AM

Apr 2009
rawrx3itslynn said:

People hate SMC because the story - just like in the manga - is a rushed mess. Being faithful to crap sadly means the adaption is crap as well in terms for story and characters.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jun 10, 2015 8:07 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
News Update
The original announcement by Toei Europe caused a misunderstanding due to Toei Europe referring to Crystal's Black Moon arc as second season. There is currently no confirmation of a second season.

Source: Sailor Moon official site
NaruleachJun 10, 2015 12:52 PM

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Jun 10, 2015 3:52 PM

Aug 2010
Um.....what? Even outside of the show, Crystal has some serious issues, lol.

Whatever, I still think it'll get a second season.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jun 10, 2015 6:59 PM

May 2013
I'd watch it. I miss the original but I don't dislike Crystal - something to pass the time

Nate ©
Jun 13, 2015 2:28 PM

Jan 2015
Ok so no news of a second season?

Alright. That would explain why the non existant second season disappeared off my Plan to Watch list. Eh, whatever. Crystal isn't really that spectacular anyways. I just hate the animation style they used.
Jun 13, 2015 6:49 PM

Mar 2013
If S2 doesn't come out you know Toei screwed up here.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Jun 13, 2015 6:53 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
LOL.
Jun 14, 2015 2:24 PM
Jun 2014
Fucking kill me already...
Jun 14, 2015 2:25 PM

May 2013
Thanks
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 14, 2015 2:34 PM

Jun 2014
ewwwwww
:3
Jun 14, 2015 7:47 PM
Apr 2015
I think I'll pass, show lost my attention after episode 12. Plus they're probably going to pull the bi-weekly episodes bs again.
Jun 18, 2015 5:06 AM

Nov 2014
Sailor Moon is pretty bad in general
kill yourself
Jun 21, 2015 7:21 AM

Mar 2013
Mas0chist said:
Sailor Moon is pretty bad in general

It's not awful but cardcaptor sakura is better in most areas.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Jun 23, 2015 2:46 AM

Nov 2007
Snow said:
News Update
The original announcement by Toei Europe caused a misunderstanding due to Toei Europe referring to Crystal's Black Moon arc as second season. There is currently no confirmation of a second season.

Source: Sailor Moon official site

I think it happens because Japanese announced that arc as "second season" to begin with before, which I accidentally announced it as "second season" when I saw it then. I deleted that news I posted because someone pointed it out that it's 2nd arc instead of second season.
This is the source I used before: http://www.animate.tv/news/details.php?id=1422263630
(『セーラームーンCrystal』第2期)
tsubasaloverJul 18, 2015 5:23 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 23, 2015 2:22 PM

Apr 2013
uuuuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh
Jun 25, 2015 12:52 PM

Sep 2009
That's pretty sad :( I was very excited to see all the outter senshi in this new version :( Guess I'll stick with the manga.
Jun 25, 2015 1:06 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Hmmm... time to finish season 1 then.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jul 7, 2015 9:56 AM
Oct 2009
No season 2? I actually liked this show. was enjoyable enough.
Jul 9, 2015 3:49 PM

Jun 2015
Yay I like Crystal (Never seen the original hate me I don't care) so this has got me excited
"Even if you were to die... I would fulfill the promise I made with you." - Meliodas
Jul 18, 2015 8:41 AM

Jul 2008
In the last episode they said "See you soon", so I'm pretty sure'll get a second season.

Jul 18, 2015 2:45 PM

Aug 2010
I really, really hope, if we get a season 2, that it lives up to the original Super arc.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Sep 28, 2015 7:40 AM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf' 2nd Season in Production

Vindstot - 3 hours ago

5 by Nachtwandler_21 »»
1 hour ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Season 2 Announced for Winter 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

6 by Yuno »»
3 hours ago

» 'Aldnoah.Zero' Blu-ray Bundles New Episode

Vindstot - Sep 16

17 by KnightmareNEKO »»
5 hours ago

» Fall 2024 Preview

Snow - Sep 21

9 by malvarez1 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon' 2nd Season Reveals New Cast, Staff for Winter 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

11 by malvarez1 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.