Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 5, 2018 7:16 PM

Jan 2017
My life is a depressing mess and one of the few things that make it bearable, if only momentarily, is watching cute girls do cute things.
My name is 3DPD and this is my Internet forum signature. If there's anything I've learned in 21 years of using Internet forums, it's that life is meaningless and nothing we say or do here will matter in the grand scheme of things.
Feb 19, 2018 2:13 AM
Jun 2015
I love how SoL anime can give you more relatable characters with more relatable lives (sometimes) it is also nice to watch something light, happy and fun, especially when real life gets tough.
Feb 21, 2018 2:27 PM
Aug 2017
It's my favorite genre because its relaxing and I don't have to watch people killing each other for 20 minutes straight lol.
My first SoL anime was Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge and I was obsessed with the theme song for a while too :D
Feb 21, 2018 2:51 PM
Feb 2018
It makes me happy and chilled out
Apr 18, 2018 2:50 AM

Jan 2018
When all is said and done, anything about life is entertainment. As long you get your own dosage of fun in life.
Aug 23, 2018 4:11 PM

Jul 2013
It makes me appreciate life more and watching characters living their life makes me want to enjoy every second of my life even if it's simple or mundane.
Sep 23, 2018 4:37 AM

May 2012
Very good question and very hard to answer in some ways lol.

I love comedy SOL's cuz i like laughing, yep pretty hard coming up with that answer.

lol i like seeing how mundane things get turned into over the top hilarious stuff something like Nichijou in all it's glory is the best example of that people assosiate daily life with a mundane and sad existence but seeing it through a show like Nichijou you realize that everyday can be special and exiting, i mean yeah i'm pretty sure no one has experienced seeing their principal battling a deer but we have all experienced suffering cuz one of our goofie friends was doing silly stuff during a school speech.

but still regular SOL shows and relaxing SOL shows ... idk really i enjoy watching them and feeling relaxed and i feel that it's weird that i prefer seeing anime like that then hanging out with real people i get attached to characters and their weird quirks and enjoy them more then RL which i guess is a little sad lol, i like my life don't get me wrong but still i'd trade it for a typical anime with a shitty overused script any day the whole thing the childhood friend, the sister that's not related by blood, the mysterious transfer student, the tsundere lol.

I also really like seeing people develop relationships and i don't mean that just in a romantic sense, you know it's always fun meeting new people, getting to know them, meeting their friends hanging out and all that type of stuff, SOL anime kind of gives you the same feeling and you also like seeing people develop their trust in one another in this type of animes i especially like friendships being shown always makes me remember my own friends and experiences which is a nice happy feeling.

Also like to think that you can get to know a hobby trough this types of shows and kind of "experience" it yourself in a way something like Yuru Camp and the like.

All in all there's tons of weird reasons but mostly i just like cute and relaxing things i guess.
Altay545Sep 23, 2018 4:42 AM

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Nov 24, 2018 8:44 AM
Jul 2018
Usually they are quite relaxing. Often with some good feels.
Nov 29, 2018 8:26 AM

Jul 2017
SOL anime make me smile.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Dec 11, 2018 2:00 AM

Oct 2011
Most slice of life anime are very relatable and achieves my desire of living a different life that's portrayed through seeing the day to day life of each character.

Others of this genre are extremely comically random and can be watched mindlessly without having to feel any negative emotions whatsoever.

Thank you 5 Centimeters Per Second for making me feel heartfelt and whole.
Thank you Honey and Clover for making me feel at ease with my own hardships.
Thank you Nichijou for constant amusement.
shimmybananasDec 11, 2018 2:04 AM
I've always wanted to try slipping on a banana peel.
Jan 10, 2019 10:31 PM

Dec 2008
Why? Simple-I like watching slow, uncomplicated shows. I've been watching sol for years-my favorite show has got to be Aria. Can't think of a better example of the genre than the whole of Aria.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Feb 13, 2019 3:27 PM
Jul 2017
personally, SOL hasnt always been my favorite genre, but since ive gotten older its appealed to me in many ways that i hadnt anticipated. Getting to know characters is the obvious first thing, going with them on their adventures is like hanging out with your friends. seeing them change and make good/bad decisions pulls at hidden strings in your hear because you know you cant reach out to them... its an odd sensation because in the end, you know that there are only a limited number of episodes that you can ever find those friends in.

it also has a special place for personal fantasy. people like you doing stuff you could do, but is too risky, in many ways. Travel, work, love etc.

i am still waiting to find certain things in an SOL like a good twist or life changing impacts or relationships to work out in a certain way... idk. its a good place to soak up feels
Feb 25, 2019 4:35 PM

Aug 2015
It's relaxing, relatable and pretty funny. Sometimes I just want to sit down and watch and not bother about thinking about a story.. just enjoying the characters.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Mar 9, 2019 8:11 PM
Sep 2018
Slice of life anime is relatable....and rl sucks....
Mar 9, 2019 8:11 PM
Sep 2018
Jokuc said:
It's relaxing, relatable and pretty funny. Sometimes I just want to sit down and watch and not bother about thinking about a story.. just enjoying the characters.

yepp....exactly...
May 7, 2019 5:41 PM

Jan 2015
Slice of life make me ( ´ ▽ ` )
Aug 2, 2019 8:06 AM
Apr 2016
I like some because I'm able to relate.
Oct 22, 2019 2:48 PM
Oct 2019
Pretty much because they tend to be heartwarming, funny, and relatable. I like that kind of thing in anime.

Digibutter64Jul 30, 2020 11:13 PM
Oct 31, 2019 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
Slice of Life Anime makes me feel better. You see different characters' struggles in life and you also see how they try to find a solution for it. It is like real life.. That is why I like slice of life anime :)
Nov 11, 2019 12:32 PM

Aug 2018
Slice of life makes me feel happy no matter what happened to me :)
Nov 28, 2019 8:28 PM

Jul 2014
My life is hard. I just want to relax and motivated by it
Dec 22, 2019 6:00 PM

Mar 2018
Because it ia heartwarming and realistis, moreover i can learn a lot from the character journey.
Apr 14, 2020 9:00 AM
Mar 2020
it might be too late to post anything in this old discussion but for me, watching the slice of life genre makes me feel like there so many more that we can actually do, how we see things, what kind of experience have others gone through and how they live their lives.
For me, it seems interesting, watching others live their lives and realize that maybe the life we're living now might be far more better than the characters in the anime.
This is what I think though but people have their own perspectives so this is just my opinion.
Apr 27, 2020 2:36 PM
Feb 2019
it's very relatable and i usually get bored with other anime genres. slice of life is easy to follow and it balances the emotion and humor of everyday life. its good to use to escape the stress of everyday life. it can even teach you a thing or two!

[left]Anime List[/left]

[left]Manga List[/left]
May 9, 2020 1:55 PM

Jun 2014
As other users said, it's a heartwarming genre. Besides, I usually watch SoL series to unwind.
Rely on nothing under heaven
May 23, 2020 5:50 AM

Jul 2019
I mostly like depressing and sad slice of life like 3-gatsu no lion and violet evergarden idk why but they feel so real and somewhat relatable thats why I look forward to watch sad slice of life animes
Jul 7, 2020 5:34 PM
Jul 2018
For their simple stories, mostly just based from daily funny situations to relatable experiences. I would like to add, that many characters in SoL are so cutely designed in a different way of another anime genres ^ ^
Jul 8, 2020 6:24 AM

Jul 2017
Slice of Life shows just give off a soft feeling while also showing very gradual development with the characters of that show. They're more down to earth and express the lives of characters who may be going through similar life situations as the viewer watching. Of course that is very subjective, but I think that anyone can find at least one SoL show and relate to it very strongly, even if they're not fond of the genre.
VinylwolfeJul 8, 2020 6:27 AM
Jul 10, 2020 12:43 PM

Jun 2020
Because I guess it's one of the closest ways to get to kinda similar to real life with anime.

Plus it has an awesome selection of depressing / mental disorder themed anime.
(3-gatsu no Lion , Hoshiai no Sora , Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun , Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei)
Jul 16, 2020 12:33 PM

Jul 2020
It's relaxing, no drama, beautiful places and scenery, a place you'd like to live in, cute anime girls doing cute things. And can stir up emotions sometimes too, like Kaede teaching Renge to ride her bike.
Aug 18, 2020 6:10 PM

Jan 2020
I find them easy to watch and enjoyable.
Sep 3, 2020 12:52 AM

Oct 2019
I love SoL because it's relaxing and enjoyable for me.
The anime that got me into SoL was OHSHC
Sep 5, 2020 7:06 AM
Aug 2020
Breathing is fun!
Sep 5, 2020 11:27 PM

Mar 2010
It's very relatable! Laugh, love, cry along while remembering great moments in my own life.

I see a lot of people post how they wish they could live that 'Japanese lifestyle', yet, at least here in America, school is actually a lot more similar than they realize! Especially if you're in a club! Yeah there are obviously cultural differences, but I'd say about 85% of it is the same.

Can't beat how relaxing a great story line can be and of course, like every Slice of Life anime in existence, there is that same sound file of those beautiful birds chirping (you ALL know what I'm talking about lol).
Nov 30, 2020 7:32 PM
Aug 2020
this genre is somehow relaxing to watch free from too much violence especially rn
Jan 31, 2021 2:35 PM
Mar 14, 2021 2:39 PM

May 2012
Primarily because of the relaxing atmosphere and comedy - depending on what anime you're watching. For me this is a unique genre as you don't watch action scenes and dark bloody or gory stuff. Also, you have a chance to explore the characters and their personalities, as well as how they interact with the environment around them.
Ever since seeing Tamayura, I got into the genre in anime and loved this genre ever since. I even rated anime differently based on their genres ever since.

Apr 12, 2021 11:00 AM

Jan 2021
Because its something chill and watching characters grow through realistic scenarios is more touching to me.
May 8, 2021 4:33 AM

Jul 2020
slice of life sometimes can deliver some important life messages and maybe that message can change your view in the real world.
Search for something interesting...
Jul 24, 2021 4:59 AM
Jul 2018
Because I find it better compared to any other anime genre
Aug 3, 2021 8:52 AM

Jun 2016
I like in its mundanity. There's a certain romantic and melancholic feel in the overall SoL genre that its portrayal of reality and the lack of stress it has just makes them easy to watch. It's easy to watch SoL without mindfully thinking too much. It's just chill and it doesn't stress me out, I could chill in the sofa or eat a meal with SoL playing in the background
Sep 2, 2021 6:36 AM

Mar 2018
I think sometimes I like to watch slice of life cuz I like Japanese culture and stuff p.s my life ain't good so I watch slice of life sometimes.and I think slice of life is good to watch sometimes cuz it feels good u can enjoy animation and the drama might be boring sometimes but there r beach eps to cheer u up lol jk.. Anyway it feels more relaxed
HERO123456Sep 2, 2021 6:45 AM
Sep 3, 2021 1:46 AM
Jul 2018
Tbh slice of life mostly makes me laugh and feel happy, it eliminates my stress a lot, and is also more down-to-earth so it makes it more relatable at times.
Sep 27, 2021 9:36 AM

Dec 2011
Well, because it is nice to see life where everything is just fun and jokes and adventures just to past time, with no goal, no villain, no hero, no fate no nothing, just enjoying the everyday
Oct 19, 2021 3:58 PM
Jan 2021
feeling of comfort. I like to put myself in the mc eyes and feel like thats my life
Oct 25, 2021 11:34 AM
Jul 2020
my life rn is really stressful but slice of life anime makes it better ig😩
Jan 21, 2022 8:41 AM

May 2021
I remember someone said "You are more interested to a show that you didn't go through it". So yeah, I like Slice of life because i don't have a life. I mostly watch Slice of life that set place on high school and about friendship. Why? Cus i'm in high school rn and didn't have a close friend. While yes I am popular at school, almost everyone in my year know me. But still, I don't have a bestfriend or a close friend to talk or hang out with. Sometimes when i watch Slice of life i just feel sad cus my life is so lonely.

The first anime i watch is Yurucamp season 2. If you want to know more about how i got into anime, you can read it on my profile
Hello everyone, i like Slice of Life and CGDCT (Cute Girls Doing Cute Thing) anime.
I'm also like to make a lot of friends online, so feel free to add me as a friend or invite me to a club :)

Feb 7, 2022 2:05 PM
カニ

Oct 2018
Enjoying the beauty of a work Slice of life can make you more relieved because of the weight of life in the real world, Ehemm :D
Feb 26, 2022 6:23 AM

Feb 2021
Why do you like Slice of Life anime?
It's because the story is usually related to real life and it's very calm to watch.

What do you like about it?
I like it since it's sometimes realistic and touching. Not only that but we can learn something from that anime and practice in real life.

Do you remember which Slice of Life anime got you into the genre?
There is a lot of anime with Slice Of Life! But if you watch Yuru Camp, you can learn how to set up a camp and survival basics even though almost all of them are just eating food XD. There are anime that teaches us about fishing but I forgot the name of anime.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 3, 2022 3:28 PM
Nov 2019
I like Slice of Life anime because they make me feel that sense of relaxation in which I could just feel like laughing at anything silly. Like for example, I watched a Chibi Maruko-chan episode from the 800-899 episode mark about Maruko laughing while in her dreams, and her mother and grandpa were asking her about it, however, she doesn't remember. But then the next time she slept, she had the same funny dream again, and this time, her mother and grandpa managed to half-wake her up, and Maruko explains for a bit that she was gonna win the sleep competition. XD. Oh, in case you didn't get it, Maruko is dreaming about sleeping, in her sleep... XD. Which is ironic in of itself. :) . Oh, spoilers? I couldn't care less. There are a ton of fun Chibi Maruko-chan episodes to watch and I'm just giving you a reason to watch it. In fact, I'll talk about another Chibi Maruko-chan segment. So there was this one episode that was also from the 800-899 episode mark about Sakiko, who's Maruko's big sister, who is planning to take a commemorative photo with her friends, and Maruko tells her to take a new hairstyle for it because a commemorative photo would last forever, and so, Sakiko and Maruko browsed a magazine together to find a hairstyle for Sakiko to have, and they managed to pick one. And so, Sakiko wore that hairstyle for her commemorative photo, but then, it turns out that there was wind, and her hairstyle managed to make a mustache-like appearance for Sakiko in the commemorative picture, and Sakiko cried about it. And so, Maruko and her grandpa decided to cheer her up by Maruko taking a sharpie and making a mustache on her face, and saying that she will look like that for her class picture, and grandpa took the sharpie next and drew a bit of hair on his bald head and says that he will look like that when he goes take the senior citizens' club photo. After those 2 made those silly remarks, Sakiko found them to be funny and laughed, and she cheered up. Then later she found out that the commemorative photo will be taken again because most of her friends blinked in the picture. And so, shs decides to take her normal hairstyle for the commemorative photo this time, and all is well... except this 2nd take of her commemorative photo had her silly laughing face... XD. As for why? Well, it was also windy that day, and the camera man had a hairstyle such that his hair has been blown by the wind, which made a mustache-like appearance on his face, and Sakiko, being reminded of her experience of the same thing, couldn't help but laugh. XD. :) . Yeah, Chibi Maruko-chan will always be a favorite anime of mine. Never would I have thought that this simple (children's) anime that I just found a few days ago, would make me, a teen who's almost gonna be an adult age-wise, make me have so much fun. :) .

Oh, for those who want to watch Chibi Maruko-chan, there's an official youtube channel for it, and you can find a lot of english dubbed episodes there. Oh, I recommend to start with an episode that's related to Sakiko, (who's Maruko's big sister in case you forgot). Like seeing Maruko and Sakiko argue with each other just makes me feel warm inside. Oh, I haven't watched episodes from 100-799, 900-1000 nor some episodes from 800-899, so I can't really have much of an opinion for the series as a whole. Though the fact that it's a huge sensation in japan and some parts of asia, (which is what I've heard from Yui-senpai's video about the Eng Dub's history of Chibi Maruko-chan), I find it very easy to believe that I will definitely love the series.

Anyways, it's not just Chibi Maruko-chan, shows like Yuru Yuri, Yuru Camp, Gochiusa, New Game!, Non Non Biyori, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, and even Monster Musume, gives me fun moments like these. Oh, that's not to say that all Slice of Life anime have is their funny moments, they also have their moments of things like taking in the scenery, or experience. Like for example, seeing a sunrise, or relaxing in an onsen, or even chilling inside a classmate's room. XD. Slice of Life anime could just make me feel like even the small things, can give you the warmest of feelings. Like how Yui from Yuru Yuri keeps Rum Raisin in her fridge for Kyouko to take, which should say a lot about their friendship. Or how.. I forgot her name. ;( . The tallest loli from Non Non Biyori, shows to her friends her house, and her friends comment on how the tallest girl's family locks their doors, even though everyone knows each other in that area. Or how Gawoware constantly has its main character and heroines have fun and silly interactions with each other. Same way with how Show by Rock! has its own bands interact with each other as well. XD. :) . Slice of Life is great.

Hm. I didn't really explain much, so that pretty much means that non-Slice of Life fans may not understand what I'm saying, but at least there will be some Slice of Life fans who can resonate with how I feel to some extent. :) .

Anyways, I hope you all have a great day. I'm gonna go watch a few episodes of Chibi Maruko-chan and then create a new topic in the lacking forums of Chibi Maruko-chan. (1995 to be specific). Hopefully, it will one day be filled with so much fans, (western fans to be specific), having a lot of fun talking about Chibi Maruko-chan. Well... perhaps there's already a dedicated forum to Chibi Maruko-chan. I'm just too lazy to search for it. (knock on my head). Te-he.

Ah, one more thing, I also hope other other shows, like Chibi Maruko-chan, that are unpopular in some sense, get to have more exposure as well. Anyways, thanks for keeping up with my semi-long post that's filled with some childishness. Lol.
Neat.
Also neat.
And another.
+ another one.
And another one.
Then have one more.
Actually, have two more.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» [Game] Vending Machine ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usagi - Jan 27, 2015

1104 by Serafos »»
Sep 21, 3:52 AM

» Manga Recommendations.

Altay545 - Oct 29, 2018

2 by Serafos »»
Sep 16, 1:34 AM

» Favorite SoL Anime

0616Z - Oct 29, 2021

6 by Serafos »»
Sep 10, 5:36 AM

» angry at anime girls

polaroidbear194 - Aug 31, 2019

3 by Serafos »»
Sep 10, 5:31 AM

» What is "Slice of Life" anime?

QuiteAshraf - Feb 11, 2021

3 by Serafos »»
Sep 10, 5:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.