Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 8, 2009 6:08 PM

Jan 2008
wakka9ca said:
rapi321 said:
personally, Darker Than Black is ruined, Bones what have you done?, I don't think John Burgmeier did the script in this season, because its clearly not the same as the last. Its more japanized now (if you know what I mean)

It's a Japanese anime for heaven's sake :/

you didn't get what i meant
Nov 8, 2009 6:29 PM

Jun 2008
I liked it and I hope that thing is Yin.
Nov 8, 2009 7:33 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Pretty good episode.

Nov 9, 2009 12:01 AM

Jan 2009
it was an alright episode, lol but seriously why is there a phone in like middle of nowhere... lol
Nov 9, 2009 12:48 AM

Apr 2008
klmnumbers said:
ImpurestClub said:
astronomical said:
It's was OK. I'm not a fan.
I guess I liked the first season too much.

I'm pretty much in the same camp. I'm not sure why, but I just can't get into this season as much as I did the first. I don't dislike this season, but something just feels off about it to me, like it's not quite DTB (if anyone knows what I mean).

Same. They spoiled us with amazing storytelling and character parallels. haha I've been rewatching series 1 for the ~memories. I have a feeling that we're going to get an amazing Crowning Moment of Awesome whenever Hei gets his powers back, though. (and he better get them back).

And that would pretty much be totally worth it for me. =D
I would be sooo happy if Hei got his powers back :o
I've re-watched S1 a few times too, sooo good and short enough to re-watch T.T
Nov 9, 2009 1:08 AM

Oct 2009
Orion1 said:
francismeunier said:
Very interesting way of thinking about it Oosran but I will think it would be more Suou/Hei stars because one looks like Hei's before it dissapeared and now it might be linked with Suou. The twins being Dolls? Not sure about that but it might be the case.

I think I've got it! The twin stars are actually Pai and Suō. Since Hei's sister Pai's power has to be present in order for Hells Gate to be activated for the original story arch to continue, it stands to reason that Izanami is actually Pai. This would also open the possibility of Hei getting his powers when he see's Pai and they merge again in the next episode. Is it Friday yet?

That is a excellent theory but it stands to be seen. I never though of it that way and it's even logical. I really can't wait to see what happens if this happens.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 9, 2009 4:39 AM
Jun 2009
Novaangle18 said:
With only 7 episodes left I'm really starting to wonder what they'll actually accomplish. I love the series but doesn't it seem to be going at a slow pace for a 12 episode long season?

That's how I feel too.

The pacing is really slow and especially slow on this episode. Makes me wonder, is this season going to be only 12 episodes? Was 12 episodes just speculation or was that officially announced? Here's hoping for ~25 episodes! >_<

They really need to stop doing the transformation phase for Suou, only turnoff for me in this season so far. =(
Nov 9, 2009 11:18 AM

Feb 2009
Nice episode, but the story is still a bit confusing. Maybe its because Sou is the confused one, through her ability to have humane thoughts, I love her as a contractor. Im really enjoying watching her characters. It was brilliant to see Hei in action in the building with that cross dresser's wife, man that was a good entrance by her. Next week looks like its another dilemma with Sou. Nice XD
Nov 9, 2009 2:06 PM
Nov 2008
Well i love it as much as season 1.But 12 episodes seems very little,hope there will be at least another 12 episodes.
Nov 9, 2009 2:38 PM

Aug 2009
Maybe a season 3?
Nov 9, 2009 5:24 PM

Aug 2007
This season has completely ruined the series for me. I loved the first season, but now they've turned Hei into a bum who beats up kids, and Mao into a flying squirrel. Plus being able to pull a giant sniper rifle out of your butt is NOT a very good contractor power; it doesn't really even make since. I think I'll give it one more episode to show signs of the old DtB goodness, or I'm going to stop watching this before it ruins my good memories of the first season.
Nov 9, 2009 6:34 PM

Apr 2009
I'm personally a fan of what they've done with Hei, and I like him more with each passing episode.

This season is moving at a snail's pace. Hopefully it'll pick up, because there are only seven episodes left, and if Suou is still training in the next episode I might fall asleep.

Here's to the next episode, which looks far more promising than the last two.
Nov 9, 2009 7:56 PM

Jul 2008
Wonton said:
lol but seriously why is there a phone in like middle of nowhere... lol

Hahahaha, that phone stood out to me as well. xD

I'm gonna go with the theory that Izanami is either Yin or Xing (Pai)...
Nov 9, 2009 11:38 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, I'm really starting to adore Suou.
Pretty good episode, but once again too much Kiri and not enough Yin.

The stars are probably the Pavlichenko twins. And yes, it'd be awesome if Izanami was Yin or Amber.
The two best characters in S1, really.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Nov 10, 2009 10:23 AM
Jul 2007
UserZero said:
This season has completely ruined the series for me. I loved the first season, but now they've turned Hei into a bum who beats up kids, and Mao into a flying squirrel. Plus being able to pull a giant sniper rifle out of your butt is NOT a very good contractor power; it doesn't really even make since. I think I'll give it one more episode to show signs of the old DtB goodness, or I'm going to stop watching this before it ruins my good memories of the first season.

He's not a bum, he's still an agent who's training another younger agent. Training a killing machine isn't exactly a happy fun go lucking camping experience. I will agree the anti tank rifle is a bit extreme. I like it so far, to see the inner thoughts of a human forcefully(?) turned contractor instead of seeing an unusual contractor.
I predict Hei is going to die, it feels littered everywhere. The main character doesn't like him, he's not bullet proof anymore, and the main character relies on him to be motivated to do something.
Nov 10, 2009 10:45 AM

Aug 2007
MadModderX said:
UserZero said:

He's not a bum, he's still an agent who's training another younger agent. Training a killing machine isn't exactly a happy fun go lucking camping experience. I will agree the anti tank rifle is a bit extreme. I like it so far, to see the inner thoughts of a human forcefully(?) turned contractor instead of seeing an unusual contractor.
I predict Hei is going to die, it feels littered everywhere. The main character doesn't like him, he's not bullet proof anymore, and the main character relies on him to be motivated to do something.

I meant to say he LOOKS like a bum. Long hair, unkempt face stubble, tattered coat, etc. He looked a lot cooler in the first season.
Nov 10, 2009 1:11 PM

Jun 2008
we finally got to see Hei being his old self once again, but i miss him still
Nov 11, 2009 6:34 AM

Aug 2009
I think it'd be about the time for Hei to get new clothes (once like he used to have), and stop the drinking—I just can't comprehend the drinking. Most of all I miss the neo-noir Tokyo setting more and more after every episode. I also miss the fight scenes of the first season; they should put more effort in the fight scenes.
Nov 11, 2009 7:48 AM

Nov 2008
ritsu-ka said:
I think it'd be about the time for Hei to get new clothes (once like he used to have), and stop the drinking—I just can't comprehend the drinking.

I agree, I hate those things Hei wears xD
And yay for Hei starting to eat like he used to (almost). I love the glutton Hei.
Nov 11, 2009 3:00 PM

Mar 2009
good episode i hope we get to bk 201 star reappear
Nov 12, 2009 3:57 AM
Nov 2008
oh btw when will the next ep come out subbed?
Nov 12, 2009 7:39 AM
Oct 2009
The subbeds wil come out this friday
Nov 14, 2009 4:56 PM
Feb 2009
W0ow Hei has to get his powers bak soon :(
Nov 18, 2009 11:04 AM

Feb 2009
jbissel said:

Yeah...me too.
But i wonder what exactly happened with Yin...i mean she seems to be realy powerful now :?

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Nov 18, 2009 11:12 AM

Jan 2009
ChaosLegion said:
jbissel said:

Yeah...me too.
But i wonder what exactly happened with Yin...i mean she seems to be realy powerful now :?

Well I heard that something somewhere sometime happened, can't remember though where I heard it, what it was, and when it was supposed to have happened : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 21, 2009 3:23 PM

Apr 2009
Oosran said:
ChaosLegion said:
jbissel said:

Yeah...me too.

Well I heard that something somewhere sometime happened, can't remember though where I heard it, what it was, and when it was supposed to have happened : D

You heard that in the anime :p
Good episode,I think that the mother of the new random guy has to make cakes because of the contract
Nov 22, 2009 3:32 AM

Jan 2009
Kingwel said:
Oosran said:
ChaosLegion said:
jbissel said:

Yeah...me too.

No really, they haven't said what happened to Yin yet D:
And what I was hinting at were so-called rumors.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 22, 2009 12:39 PM

Apr 2009
Oosran said:
Kingwel said:
Oosran said:
ChaosLegion said:
jbissel said:

Yeah...me too.

No really, they haven't said what happened to Yin yet D:
And what I was hinting at were so-called rumors.

They don't said what happpened or even why,but they said that something happened. xD
Dec 1, 2009 6:25 PM

Sep 2008
Hmm, I felt like not much happened this episode. Stuff happened on Kirihara's end, though I didn't understand any of it. Random woman that works with those twins said something to her that was significant? I didn't get it.

I hope Hei will stop being so moody by next episode.

Have we ever found out why July is working with them? That was another thing I never really got.
And I still don't see how Mao is alive again.
Or what happened to Yin.
Also- <shot>
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2009 9:58 PM

Jan 2009
Cho said:
Have we ever found out why July is working with them? That was another thing I never really got.

Well he's a doll, he doesn't really care, since he does as he is told.
Dec 1, 2009 11:12 PM

Sep 2008
Oosran said:
Cho said:

But the thing is it looks like he came to them willingly. Hei even seemed confused what the heck he was doing there in the first place. And as of ep 5 I haven't heard July give a single reason for why he's with them. I suppose he has a thing for Suou? =P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2009 7:32 AM

Jan 2009
Cho said:
Oosran said:
Cho said:

But the thing is it looks like he came to them willingly. Hei even seemed confused what the heck he was doing there in the first place. And as of ep 5 I haven't heard July give a single reason for why he's with them. I suppose he has a thing for Suou? =P

Also, no one's really asked him right out why he's there?
And still, when he saw the opportunity, Hei told July to come along, didn't he? : p
Dec 2, 2009 3:15 PM

Sep 2008
Oosran said:
Cho said:
Oosran said:
Cho said:

And still, when he saw the opportunity, Hei told July to come along, didn't he? : p

Yes, Hei did tell him to come, but July went there in the first place by himself for some reason. I suppose he just wanted to find a contractor to work for, since April died, and going to work for the guy that killed her was the best idea he could come up with. =/ I suppose July had no care for April since he's a doll, but the series in general has been making it a point on several occasions that there are some feelings within the dolls deep down. It just makes me think there's got to be some reason for July to join Hei and Suou.

And sadly Hei never asks July or Suou about anything, making it hard for us to find things out. -_-
Dec 3, 2009 11:59 AM

Jan 2009
Cho said:
Oosran said:
Cho said:
Oosran said:
Cho said:

Yes, Hei did tell him to come, but July went there in the first place by himself for some reason. I suppose he just wanted to find a contractor to work for, since April died, and going to work for the guy that killed her was the best idea he could come up with. =/ I suppose July had no care for April since he's a doll, but the series in general has been making it a point on several occasions that there are some feelings within the dolls deep down. It just makes me think there's got to be some reason for July to join Hei and Suou.

And sadly Hei never asks July or Suou about anything, making it hard for us to find things out. -_-

Or he just happened to end up there while wandering around aimlessly? : >
Dec 6, 2009 4:29 PM

Oct 2008

How kind..

Dec 11, 2009 4:36 AM

Dec 2007
Kira01 said:
Somehow, it turns out that BK-201 is Izanagi and Yin is Izanami. Makes sense, I guess since BK-201's element is lightning. Reminds me of Persona 4! But wait.. Code name aside but what this have anything to do with the meteor core and also the star-less sky? I have no clue.

I was thinking the same thing about Persona 4, anyway I'm hoping Hei gets his powers back soon even though he seems to be doing just fine without them. I guess Suou is gonna get more action in the next episode. I'll have to watch it when I get up.
Dec 28, 2009 10:23 PM
Apr 2008
What the hell is Izanami?
Jan 9, 2010 11:34 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, what an awesome episode. I loved the part where Hei asked for more food even though he knew the food tasted bad. Basically, he's still a food maniac. <3

Plus, in the mission, I wonder if Hei planned for that. I mean the truck with the machine started to move. I wonder if that was part of his plan. If not, then Hei's in trouble! :(

This is very exciting man. Hei is like a run away convict. <3 Oh, and I didn't expect the mother of that boy that likes Suou to show up in the same place too.
Jan 22, 2010 4:23 AM

Oct 2009
great episode
Mar 7, 2010 9:41 AM

Jan 2009
It's been a while since I've seen Hei eat... or act this cool while beating the crap out of those army men...
Want more...

Mar 7, 2010 1:00 PM

Oct 2009
Only things I noticed in Bluray version is minor details being slightly better like this here, which is the water Nori's mother controls as a contractor=>

Other than that trucks details and things like that......overall it's still a amazing re-watch but I just wished they put extra details like the bird being killed by Suou.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jun 5, 2010 1:35 AM

Sep 2009
Woah...Hei actually ate. He still has a ways to go before he eats as much as he did in the first season.
Jun 20, 2010 9:06 AM

Feb 2010
Nice episode, funny how Suou goes so far as to bring out her rifle to kill a cockroach XD (although its mentioned that Tanya had used cockroaches to kill Nika)
Nov 24, 2010 9:25 PM

Oct 2008
Wow.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 24, 2011 3:17 PM

Aug 2010
OST is great, the story...hmmm, new characters...hmmm
May 9, 2011 8:55 AM

Feb 2009
Nice pacing. A water-based contractor, nice we hadn't seen one yet and the fight was sweet.

Mao is so freaking cute! Those big eyes kill me!
Nov 3, 2011 8:47 PM

May 2010
Gin-iro said:
Wonton said:
lol but seriously why is there a phone in like middle of nowhere... lol

Hahahaha, that phone stood out to me as well. xD

I'm gonna go with the theory that Izanami is either Yin or Xing (Pai)...

Yeah I don't understand tha either
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 18, 2011 9:01 PM

Jul 2010
please dont slap me.....on the right side, its still hurts, atleast slap me on the left so its balanced

contractors can joke i see.

Aug 22, 2012 8:38 PM

Nov 2009
I don't think Suou is a contractor, I think she might be similar to Hei somehow, I mean she has a renumeration which he doesn't have but it seems she has still kept her emotions for the most part.
Sep 7, 2012 6:04 AM

Dec 2010
Enjoyable episode, as usual for this season of DTB. It was great to see Suou's character getting developed. And Hei is on Yin(Izanami)'s traces. I just can't see what's going to happen next.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.