Forum Settings
Forums

The most relatable anime character you've seen?

New
Sep 28, 2013 10:29 AM

Sep 2013
for me it's Hikigaya Hachiman from yahara ore no seishun. I quite understand his feelings toward people, because I myself once think so too. When I first arrived in canada, i have no friends and I think I will just waste my time making some, but some kids came up to me and it change me actually. I became more sociable and made alot of friends. So who is the most relatable anime character you know?
_Okazaki_Sep 28, 2013 2:41 PM
はじめまして。おかざきです、どうぞ よろしく。
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 28, 2013 11:01 AM

Nov 2012
Umm, Usui from Kaichou wa Maid Sama. He is everywhere. And he is hot. ! ^^
Sep 28, 2013 11:02 AM

Aug 2013
Hm. I think a character must be relatable in some fashion for them to really connect with you. That said, Sayaka Mik from Madoka Magicai comes to mind, not that I fight witches or anything, but that line "I don't feel any pain anymore!". That hit home.

I also related to Okabe from Steins;Gate fairly well. Considering that until about a year or two ago, I acted very similar to him. Makes me wonder what changed.
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Sep 28, 2013 11:11 AM

Aug 2013
I've never actually seen an anime character where I said to myself: "that's me. 100%", but some characters have certain attributes that I've related to.
For example, I have this "the ends do NOT justify the means" concept, a belief that Suzaku (Code Geass) has.
I also found Yuuichi from Kanon 2006 to be relatable. We both have some sarcastic wit (Yuuichi more so), but we also try to help those around us.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Sep 28, 2013 11:18 AM

Aug 2012
Sep 28, 2013 11:21 AM

Mar 2013
The main guy from Welcome to the NHK. Not so much anymore now that I'm in school, but half a year ago...
Sep 28, 2013 11:21 AM

Mar 2012
Chihiro Kosaka because she is 99% normal person like me.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 28, 2013 11:22 AM

Apr 2012
Ironically his personality in the game is what I can relate to more, but I find myself able to relate to Yosuke Hanamura in many, many ways.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Sep 28, 2013 11:23 AM

Jan 2013
Light Yagami
Sep 28, 2013 11:30 AM

Jul 2013
SarahIlayda said:
Umm, Usui from Kaichou wa Maid Sama. He is everywhere. And he is hot. ! ^^

Oh god he is so hot. Love that guy.

OT: I don't really think I can relate to characters that were created by writers somewhere. Alot of anime characters fall into specific stereotypes, which make them very 2D. While an actual human being has many different sides and attitudes towards different people and topics. Thus a character can only ever cover some attributes of a person. That being said I can relate to Usui from Kaichou wa Maid-sama, not because I'm some hot ass playboy. Mainly because I tend to treat people I don't care about like air. Also I become a pervert for comedic effect.
"There stood a high school boy, who for selfish reasons had twice beaten an elementary school girl unconscious, and had gotten all nihilistically worked up about it. Actually that's still me."
Sep 28, 2013 11:32 AM

Jun 2009
Sakurada Jun.

No, I'm not a shut in, but I do share a lot of his traits
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2013 11:34 AM

Jun 2012
Naruto from Naruto. Naruto teaches you to "believe it" in Naruto and I think Naruto taught me a lot throughout watching Naruto. I'm glad Naruto was the Main Character in Naruto and it made Naruto a good show to watch because of Naruto. So overall, Naruto from Naruto is a very relatable character.
получить деньги моего друга
Sep 28, 2013 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
Miki Sayaka from Madoka. It's like we have the same brain; I would've made all the same decisions as her if I was in her shoes.

Also 5 Centimeters Per Second is essentially what my last relationship was like in a nutshell, so I can relate all too well to Takaki Tohno, unfortunately.
Sep 28, 2013 1:20 PM

Feb 2010
Definitely Hikigaya Hachiman too.

At some point Oreki Houtarou from Hyouka seemed to have some character traits I could really relate to, but then those kinda disappeared after the first arc. I can still relate with his laziness though.
VanisherSep 28, 2013 1:29 PM
Sep 28, 2013 1:37 PM

Dec 2011
Furuya Chihiro from Sankarea, because we're both obsessed with Zombies as f*ck.

Sep 28, 2013 1:40 PM
Apr 2012
Definitely Hikigaya from Oregairu. One of the reasons I loved the show much is I saw (still see some) so much of myself in him. I certainly acted much in the same way he does.
Sep 28, 2013 5:10 PM

Jun 2008
Mix between Oreki Hotarou and Hirasawa Yui.
Sep 28, 2013 11:18 PM

Sep 2013
squidward from spongebob the feels i get from him... so real
quit joshing me bro
Sep 28, 2013 11:21 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
HlMARl said:

LOL, sooner or later in life, everyone is a Squidward

I relate myself to Kyon from Haruhi, as a character who is pretty normal and goes with the flow
Sep 29, 2013 12:01 AM

Jul 2013
Hachiken from Gin no Saji.
I don't really have a set goal in life and I totally relate to how he feels being compared to his older brother. Though I do hope to find something I'm passionate about like him. :)

Also Sanada from Tsuritama.
I am socially awkward, and I think I act exactly like him when talking to strangers/new people. Except I don't make strange faces. Or at least I hope I don't. But I do become super red.
Sep 29, 2013 12:03 AM

Sep 2012
Zelot120 said:
HlMARl said:

Truer words have never been spoken.
Sep 29, 2013 12:10 AM

Jul 2013
Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh. I feel the same way, I mean I'm athletic but that doesn't mean I like cute things. I was hella happy for her when Yamamaya became her Neko, I love watching that scene over and over again.Sakaki: "Oyasumi Maya."
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Sep 29, 2013 12:20 AM
Jul 2013
HlMARl said:
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
Sep 29, 2013 1:32 AM
Feb 2013
PrOxAnto said:
Light Yagami

Are you thinking that it's possible for a little shit like you to become God?

jk
Sep 29, 2013 1:37 AM

Aug 2013
Weirdly, I can relate to Eren From Attack on Titan quite well. In his situation I would probably do the same thing. Just started watching the series, only at episode 10.
"Canaan. You're a victim whose past was taken away by war. And she's a defeated person who lost her past in a power struggle. Soldiers who are born within destruction take hatred as their weapon. Even though you and her became soldiers for the same reason, you both live differently. Listen Canaan, you cannot counter hatred with hatred... ever." -Siam, Canaan
Sep 29, 2013 3:51 AM
Sep 2013
For me, I quite have so many personalities I use.. Not that I'm two faced or anything but I'm just cautious at how I act at different person at different situation. But on daily life, I am like Haruhi Suzumiya because I want something unusual to happen like obtaining power or finding a secret place. I'm also a Yuki Nagato in Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya because I am quite got tired of being just a helper or whatever. But then again, I don't know myself
Sep 29, 2013 3:57 AM

Sep 2013
A combination of Oreki Houtarou (Hyouka), Usui Taukumi (Maid-sama), Aikawa Ayumu (Kore wa Zombie), Okazaki Tomoya (Clannad) and Satou Tatsuhiro (NHK)!

But mainly Oreki (most of the time)!
Sep 29, 2013 4:03 AM

Apr 2013
Agony said:
PrOxAnto said:
Light Yagami

jk

He's dreaming.

Been told I'm like Taiga from Toradora but I have much in common with Yukino Yukinoshita from Yahari Seishun too.
huehuheh
Sep 29, 2013 4:06 AM

Jul 2013
Mogami Kyoko!!!!!!! Well, if you take out the fact that she completely changed her life and made it her life mission to destroy Shotaro's life.. I mean, personality wise mostly!

Also, Hannes in Attack on Titan. He is the most realistic character and would be me in that situation if I was suddenly thrown into that world. I would run toward the action, want to be a hero... but in the end I would freeze up and then run for my life leaving the people I was saving to die. Its harsh, but true. I think most of us would be like him.
Hi
Sep 29, 2013 4:15 AM

Sep 2013
Kira kosuke : I used to kill older women, and then rape them.
haha, no jk !

Moritaka Mashiro, perhaps?

"That's why I always go to school, even though I'd rather game or stare at the computer all day. Because I don't want to trouble my parents, because I don't want to be called a 'shut-in', and because I don't want to flip burgers when I grow up."

- I used to skip school a lot, but I stopped because I wouldn't trouble my parents nor would I be called a shut-in.
And because, he's as shy as I. He loved Azuk, but never got the courage to speak to her. In that way, he reminds me of myself.
Sep 29, 2013 7:19 AM

Mar 2013
Klab said:
Hachiken from Gin no Saji.
I don't really have a set goal in life and I totally relate to how he feels being compared to his older brother. Though I do hope to find something I'm passionate about like him. :)

This.
I really don't know what I'll do after highschool. For now, I like helping out my friends when they need help. I can't say no to any request/favor.
Sep 29, 2013 7:42 AM
Jul 2013
Tomoya Okazaki.
Sep 29, 2013 7:44 AM

Aug 2013
Kyon seems to resemble me a a lot in what I would say and do in his situation
Sup People and yes I am the physical manifestation of Shinji Ikari's Balls

And this what elite-sama says to incest
elite-sama said:
I'm against it because I don't have a sister. It's not fair.
Sep 29, 2013 8:26 AM

Apr 2013
Jean from Shingeki no Kyojin. He whines all the time and I'm sure I would do the same if I were in his position.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Sep 29, 2013 8:29 AM

Jan 2013
Agony said:
PrOxAnto said:
Light Yagami

jk

Wow relax !
What's with the hate ?
I never said I wanted to become God , or felt like becoming God ...

I just feel like I can relate to his feelings.
Sep 29, 2013 8:37 AM
Jul 2013
geralt said:
Jean from Shingeki no Kyojin. He whines all the time and I'm sure I would do the same if I were in his position.

did you like fma better, or brotherhood better? I forgot how relatable Edward's motives are, so this came to mind after seeing your picture.
Sep 29, 2013 8:46 AM

Dec 2012
Ghost-Lightning said:
Zelot120 said:
HlMARl said:

Truer words have never been spoken.

^This.

I would also add Fred from The Flintsones in this one. Well when he's being sarcastic anyway

Barney: "Look Fred, no hands!"
Fred: "Yea, no brains either..."

Lol, love the guy.
Sep 29, 2013 8:47 AM

Jun 2013
I'm going to get bricked for this but Yukki from Mirai Nikki. I'd be a chicken shit too if my girlfriend was a serial killer, my parents were dead and a dozen people were out for my blood. And then Crona from Soul Eater. Obviously not to that extent, but I get the whole "I can't deal with people" thing.
Sep 29, 2013 8:49 AM

Apr 2013
Tohka Yatogami without the whole super power thing.
an egomaniac and a fool

Oct 31, 2013 1:50 PM

Aug 2013
I'm kinda like a male cross between Asuka (Evangelion) and Minori (Toradora). Weird, I know.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Oct 31, 2013 3:23 PM
Jul 2018
I'm like Miles "Tails" Prower meets Ayamine Kei
Oct 31, 2013 4:40 PM

Apr 2013
Hikigaya Hachiman from OreGairu. It was like listening to myself sometimes. He has a cynical and negative point of view on life and is not always honest with others and even himself.
Oct 31, 2013 5:49 PM
Jul 2012
Lelouch, Haruhi, Shinji
Oct 31, 2013 5:53 PM

Jul 2013
Hikigaya Hichiman...because I (sometimes) prefer to be alone and I hate everyone. and props to him for not thinking or banging his sister...yeah first time in anime...
Oct 31, 2013 7:06 PM
Oct 2013
MrAwesome2011 said:
http://i.imgur.com/w6hIhY0.jpg
This guy.
Couldn't have said it better myself, actually I was going to though :P
Oct 31, 2013 7:23 PM

Apr 2013
Dio Brando
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Oct 31, 2013 7:32 PM

Sep 2013
Kuroki Tomoko~ I'm not nearly as socially awkward as her nor do I play an excessive amount of dating sims but she's my age, at a new school, and is quite sure about how to go about talking to people and meeting new friends. (I'm shy ok and my interest in anime and kpop usually immediately makes people labeled off as a weird nerd and then not want to have anything to do with me. I'm not that nerdy =__= )
Oct 31, 2013 7:41 PM

Jun 2012
I can relate to Subaru from Ro Kyu Bu!
Nov 1, 2013 1:14 AM

Jan 2013
Yuuta Takemoto from Honey and clover
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Nov 1, 2013 1:19 AM

Nov 2012
No one. I'm too special, I guess, teehee~ I guess at this point I'm basically Squidward.

It's good to see not many said Kuroki Tomoko.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» How charming is your waifu when she opens the door?

Catalano - 1 hour ago

9 by Rhae »»
1 minute ago

» Anime songs that give you goosebumps.

TsutanaiFuun - 6 hours ago

22 by MFDOOMED »»
14 minutes ago

» Does Old Anime age poorly or do people age poorly?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

10 by kusairo »»
17 minutes ago

» Popular and acclaimed anime that you do not understand the hype of?

Semester1 - 10 hours ago

35 by PeripheralVision »»
23 minutes ago

» Why Don't You Watch More Spooky Anime?

LenRea - 4 hours ago

12 by PeripheralVision »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.