Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2013 10:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh snap, Haruto wants to bite L-Elf again!

Action was okay I guess this episode. Blue Valvrave revealed, go Kyuuma! In honor of Aina:

Shame L-Elf and Haruto still can't get along. Oh well.
Jun 6, 2013 10:03 AM

Jun 2011
Jun 6, 2013 10:04 AM
Nov 2007
I'm glad that they activated Yellow and Blue Valvrave ^^
KuemauricebackupJun 6, 2013 10:10 AM
Jun 6, 2013 10:08 AM
Jul 2011
Yamada finally gets his own Valvrave xD
Jun 6, 2013 10:08 AM

May 2009
Predictable Blue and Yellow pilots.
Aina again as newtype.
Twist of the week: Sensei is JIOR spy.
Jun 6, 2013 10:20 AM

Nov 2011
so the twist was that it didn't have a twist?

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jun 6, 2013 10:43 AM
Sep 2012
THUNDAH!
THUNDAH!
THUNDAD!

THUNDER BROS!!!
Jun 6, 2013 10:47 AM

Sep 2012
Even the title of this episode says who will become pilots LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 6, 2013 11:41 AM

Jul 2010
Go Thunder and Kyuuma!
Jun 6, 2013 2:32 PM

Jan 2009
is Aina some sort of a soul now? and nice to see the Yellow and Blue Valvrave in action, the last Valvrave color Violet maybe piloted by Akira *fingers cross*
Jun 6, 2013 3:17 PM

Nov 2007
He got into that condition and Elf-san is able to stop that lol~.

That sempai who was with the girl who were dead is actually listening and acting on alternative way. Wow, Elf-san actually can change the rank of the pilot? Wow, two new pilots in one ep.! And she appeared as a soul to protect him?!

Wow, full of spies including that scientist teacher. Experimental city?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 6, 2013 3:39 PM

Mar 2012
Just as I thought this show was getting serious, I laughed my way through this episode. L-Elf can beat down an entire army but couldn't prevent a girl from stuffing something down her throat. Inuzuka and Thunder basically began as pilot aces with zero wait time. And Aina shows up yet again. This show abuses cliches like no other lol but whatever at least it's entertaining while it's at it.

What the teacher revealed at the end was pretty interesting too. So JIOR has had this Module under wraps the whole time for a purpose. Actually, after some reviewing, I think the short scene where the blonde woman inside the Valvrave says "I'm hungry" means a lot. Perhaps Valvrave is a system that connects the machine to the pilot physiologically. That would explain the "you won't be human" bit and how pilots get around to becoming so good so fast.
zannettJun 6, 2013 3:45 PM
Jun 6, 2013 4:58 PM
Jun 2013
The blue and yellow have each done more than the main character in their first battle.. :/
Jun 6, 2013 5:03 PM

Jul 2009
tezann_t said:
Inuzuka and Thunder basically began as pilot aces with zero wait time.

My understanding was the injection made the pilot know everything about how to fly the machine.

As suspected all along, Module 77 and the Sakimori Academy are in fact, built for the Valvrave project. Still, I wonder why Kibukawa-sensei revealed that information to L-Elf at the end. He must have ulterior motives if he is willing to talk so easily.
誰も、未来を信じない
Jun 6, 2013 5:07 PM
Jun 2013
As someone said, he's probably a spy.
Haha at the "plot twist so it's not a plot twist."
Jun 6, 2013 5:11 PM

Jun 2011
I make me sad when Inu says "Stay calm, think like a machine." when he cares so much about Aina but also forcing himself to not act like Thunder.

I looks like Thunder didn't give a crap about no being human.
And blue VVV's shield is OP.

She is hungry, why don't you feed her, Haruto?! (She is so kawaii and kawaisou, just like....?!)
What is her name, or the OS's name anyways?
Jun 6, 2013 5:31 PM

Dec 2012
Shih said:
I make me sad when Inu says "Stay calm, think like a machine." when he cares so much about Aina but also forcing himself to not act like Thunder.

I looks like Thunder didn't give a crap about no being human.
And blue VVV's shield is OP.

She is hungry, why don't you feed her, Haruto?! (She is so kawaii and kawaisou, just like....?!)
What is her name, or the OS's name anyways?

so far,nobody know her real name and her VA name..her character still mysterious
she's so damn cute,one of very reason why i watching this series
i'm hoping to see more development about her,if able i want she come out from valvrave so we can hear how kawai her voice is..
Jun 6, 2013 5:41 PM
Aug 2009
so...this anime sure knows how to be ridiculous
Jun 6, 2013 5:46 PM

Dec 2012
HanaOtome said:

and here begin...
Jun 6, 2013 5:58 PM

Jun 2012
With the twist that everyone(except Oppai Sensei) including the students were soldiers or were training to become soldiers that explains why Haruto and Saki are compatible with the Valvraves but it's still a stretch for me that they were both able to expertly pilot the Valvraves when their school environment seems like every other typical high school we see in anime.

Episode 9 can be summed up as: Blue and Yellow added to the mix. I was pretty bored this week. Didn't have that "charm" like past episodes or I'm just getting used to how absurd it can be at times. The apparition of the girl was facepalm worthy

Also what happens when Valvrave-chan doesn't get to eat and is left starving like Haruto's? I'm thinking something is gonna happen to all of the pilots at the end of this season leading to a cliffhanger for S2 in Fall related to that point
HybridMBLJun 6, 2013 6:17 PM
Jun 6, 2013 6:12 PM

Sep 2009
purple has to be Shouko
Jun 6, 2013 6:13 PM

May 2012
NOOOOO why did that short-haired Dorssian girl have to die???

What a twist.
I knew I could trust Oppai Sensei. Oppai wa seigi da.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 6, 2013 6:16 PM

Sep 2012
So sensei is a JIOR spy... oh
Jun 6, 2013 6:24 PM

Mar 2013
The plot is so predictable it hurts...

Damn if I don't love it regardless though.
Jun 6, 2013 6:27 PM
Jan 2008
datormenta said:
purple has to be Shouko

Shoko has no reason to get in a Valvrave
Jun 6, 2013 6:55 PM
May 2010
This anime is starting to remind me of vividred operation..

Valve red, green, blue and yellow lol~
Jun 6, 2013 6:58 PM

Jul 2012
Valvrave too good. Developing everything nicely.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jun 6, 2013 7:04 PM

May 2010
FOR FUCK SAKE! were in danger, now were not so everyone be happy and twit about it, Train weck this show is, then of top of that they let "Thunder" be a pilot? the one person you dont want as a pilot..... smh bullshit Twlight drama
Jun 6, 2013 7:08 PM

Aug 2012
PhoenixIce said:
datormenta said:
purple has to be Shouko

Maybe because she doesn't know yet the Valvraves turn people into vampires. :P
But the Purple totally screams Shouko. XD
That staff kinda makes it a support Valvrave.

And i thought there could be a love triangle between Saki x Haruto x Shouko, since Saki has her own Valvrave it wouldn't be fair if shouko didn't.

Near the end of the episode Shouko kinda got suspicious seeing Haruto and L-Elf fighting, i think next episode she'll learn the truth.
Seeing how Haruto doesn't like other turning into vampires, i can see shouko "sacrificing" herself so no one else gets that same fate since the purple is the last one.

Shirubaasouru said:

You can always trust Hocchan's characters. <3
Jun 6, 2013 7:13 PM

Feb 2013
Again, Valvrave does an excellent job!

Kyuma and Raizo are have been trying to become pilots, but have been constantly foiled since as L-elf says, they are not yet ready. L-elf has effectively taken over the module and has begun to train the students to become a military nation. However, those two still want to avenge those they have lost. Kyuma, after some advice from L-11 has begun to train himself hard to become as calm and efficient as a machine. Raizo continues to be bullheaded and continues to try to take the Valvrave and eventually is put in the brig. I love how opposite those two characters are, but yet they are similar in a way as we see from their later tete-a-tete.

We get the debut of Valvrave 3 and 5 in this episode and both are amazingly awesome. VVV3 surprisingly can go from having 4 arms to 10 and is a good close range melee fighter. VVV5 is excellent for defense, having the strongest shields of all the Valvraves. Yet he is also go for offense, have twin hand guns that resemble a bow and can shoot out multiple shafts of laser fire.

The Dorssians changed it up a bit and brought in another fleet to do a divide and conquer attack. NewJIOR is ready because of L-elf's training and strategy, but even then the Dorssian's new plan is beginning to be too much for them. However, L-11 has of course planned everything, including having set things up for Kyuma and Raizo to become the new pilots of the Valvraves, who using their new weaposn, save the day while Haruto and Saki are occupied.

Kyuma, who had been in love with Aina, comes to the conclusion to fight for himself and live on, and goes back to his normal self by the end. However, even while everyone is celebrating, there are new tangles beginning to arise. Col. Cain doesn't care about the battle but only that there are now "four of them" and that they have somehow "reproduced successfully"? He knows more than anyone what's going on with the Valvraves so I wonder what he means by that? While none of the new pilots have been showing signs of going into bestial vampire mode, Haruto has been experiencing it more and more frequently, with the VVV-tan strangely saying that she's hungry. Coincidence? I think not.

We also find from our physics teacher/JIOR soldier Takumi-sensei, that not only was every teacher (except Rion) and worker in the school but also every person in the surrounding city a member of the military, but that the entirety of Module 77 including the students, was all set up for the Valvraves. We had already guessed that from L-11's earlier comment a few episodes ago, but now have it confirmed. However, I have to say that if that's true, JIOR has some of the crappiest soldiers ever. That entire module was made up of soldiers but they still got taken down by a single Dorssian fleet and group of 5 bishie Hitler youths? That's just sad...

They didn't give us a preview for next week so I am concerned. However, we now have 4 Valvrave pilots up with 1 more to go and a unfinished VVV unit (2?) in the basement. What shall happen next? I'm excited to find out.

I give this episode an 8.5/10.
Jun 6, 2013 7:15 PM
Apr 2012
TealC said:
The blue and yellow have each done more than the main character in their first battle.. :/

Until they move a module they haven't done even half of what Haruto has done.
Jun 6, 2013 7:29 PM

Apr 2009
I love how they make Aina a proper character only after the fact of her death. Top quality writing 10/10.

THUNDA DA is now one of the best characters

The surprise was child soldiers
Jun 6, 2013 7:30 PM
Oct 2011
Guess the only one left to pilot VVV VI/Purple is

I kinda liked Money guy and Aina together, tbh. But so far all of the pilot's motivation(minus Saki) to resign their humanity is vengeance. Though, I think Thunder didn't quite understand the whole 'resigning your humanity' thing.

Haruto and L-Elf also just started living together and they're already having marriage problems.

Looking forward to next week if certain spoilers are legit xD
Fallen_LullabyJun 6, 2013 7:33 PM
Jun 6, 2013 7:35 PM
Jul 2012
I KNEW IT! I KNEW THAT THEY WERE MAKING VALVRAVE! And that centered Valvrave that the Sensei had a number has to be #2! Meaning, its incomplete, and its going to built and shown off later, I bet. Also, if that is so, then its possible that there is only a total of 6 Valvraves I believe. And I am sure that Haruto's Valvrave is the only one with Valvrave-tan, meaning a lot of things, such as the reason he is the only one who has had those monster changes, and if she is hungry, does that mean she needs fuel? They only showed the engine, which it may very well be in need of fuel, or needs to kill other Valvraves? Maybe thats why they weren't able to reproduce so many. Also, I believe that the reason Haruto's is the only one with Valvrave-tan is because it is the original, they used Haruto's in order to mass produce them, but when they were attacked, they were in the middle of making more. And also, #2 is probably the second one they made, but it wasn't as successful as the rest, so it ended up being used to make more? And, that is the end of my theories, now back to whatever you guys like yo talk about!
Jun 6, 2013 7:37 PM

Sep 2011
Elyniac said:
I want the model kit of the Yellow Valvrave. =Q___

at least its the next one thats gonna be released
http://gginfinite.com/1-144-Valvrave-III-Hi-kami-nari.html

TealC said:

to be fair the Dorssian are bringing more firepower after repeated failed attempts

Shirubaasouru said:
NOOOOO why did that short-haired Dorssian girl have to die???

What a twist.

its because her CO is a incompetent dumb fuck
and trust dem oppai yo lol

PhoenixIce said:
datormenta said:
purple has to be Shouko

except to be the token pink(purple) ranger
Jun 6, 2013 7:45 PM

Jul 2009
wheres the fan service?
well yeah.. yay for the 'plot twist'...
Jun 6, 2013 8:04 PM

Aug 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:

The apparition of the girl was facepalm worthy

I like to think Kyuuma had absolutely lost it by that point, driven over the edge by losing Aina and conceding his humanity. So that way, instead of Apparition Aina, that was his delusion. And since he had been planning on dying in her name, that was just him deciding to live instead. He just used a projection of her in his wacked out mind to convince himself it was okay by making it her wish instead of his.

That's just my theory, but I'm probably giving them too much credit ;p
Jun 6, 2013 8:04 PM

Jul 2009
Kurogashi said:
wheres the fan service?
well yeah.. yay for the 'plot twist'...

誰も、未来を信じない
Jun 6, 2013 8:06 PM

Aug 2012
^It was only a matter of time.
Jun 6, 2013 8:16 PM

Feb 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Hybridbloodszak said:

The apparition of the girl was facepalm worthy

I like to think Kyuuma had absolutely lost it by that point, driven over the edge by losing Aina and conceding his humanity. So that way, instead of Apparition Aina, that was his delusion. And since he had been planning on dying in her name, that was just him deciding to live instead. He just used a projection of her in his wacked out mind to convince himself it was okay by making it her wish instead of his.

That's just my theory, but I'm probably giving them too much credit ;p

I concur. Sunrise has a habit of having the pilots' dead significant other appear before them in ghost form so it's nothing new. From what he said at the end, I'm guessing that Kyuma was going to sacrifice his life in the last attack, using himself to block the shot. However, he regained the will to live when he knew Aina wouldn't want him to die. (However, I guess he doesn't know that he's immortal now, but I guess he'll find out later.)
Jun 6, 2013 8:19 PM

Sep 2011
I really couldn't like Thunder's attitude. Too bad Naka Yuuichi voiced him. Beside Kyousuke of Oreimo, there is one more of his roles I hate.
The scene Shouko feed L-elf so cute :3.
What will happen with Haruto? Will he turn to be a pure monster bitting people randomly?
Jun 6, 2013 8:33 PM

Mar 2012
phanh_lu said:
I really couldn't like Thunder's attitude. Too bad Naka Yuuichi voiced him. Beside Kyousuke of Oreimo, there is one more of his roles I hate.
What will happen with Haruto? Will he turn to be a pure monster bitting people randomly?

Haruto is piloting the "parent" of all the other VVV units. We know this because his unit is using a "Rave" engine and all the others have "Rave Mirror" engines; this is similar to the various types of GN drives in Gundam, btw. Haruto's unit is also the only one with VVV-tan, who may play a role eventually.

It is predicted that Haruto, being an immortal being and such, becomes the ruler of the Third Galactic Reich that was discussed in the opening lines of episode 1; or he possibly becomes "the Darth Vader" to Cain the Emperor.

Picture it: the 'good guy' goes crazy now that he no longer thinks of himself as a 'monster' but rather thinks himself a 'god'. The other Valvrave pilots try to free/rescue him somehow from being controlled (by Cain?). Cain is probably also immortal, and I could definitely see Haruto snapping/becoming Hitler 3.0 if, for instance, the entire module is blown up - or Haruto is tricked/led to believe that one of his allies has betrayed him - and everyone apart from the other Valvrave pilots die.

We'll have to wait and see, though. The fact they are split the show into two cours with one cour in between is just downright evil...
styrJun 6, 2013 8:39 PM
Behold, as a wild ass in the desert, go I forth to my work.
Jun 6, 2013 8:55 PM

Jan 2011
i seriously could not laughing when Haruto starting going vampire and L Elf just knocks him out like nothing

glad they finally talked about the people of JIOR was bothering me why all these Valvraves were just chilling under the school.

pray Thunder is the first pilot to die :/
Jun 6, 2013 8:57 PM
Jan 2012
styr said:
phanh_lu said:

Haruto is piloting the "parent" of all the other VVV units. We know this because his unit is using a "Rave" engine and all the others have "Rave Mirror" engines; this is similar to the various types of GN drives in Gundam, btw. Haruto's unit is also the only one with VVV-tan, who may play a role eventually.

It is predicted that Haruto, being an immortal being and such, becomes the ruler of the Third Galactic Reich that was discussed in the opening lines of episode 1; or he possibly becomes "the Darth Vader" to Cain the Emperor.

Picture it: the 'good guy' goes crazy now that he no longer thinks of himself as a 'monster' but rather thinks himself a 'god'. The other Valvrave pilots try to free/rescue him somehow from being controlled (by Cain?). Cain is probably also immortal, and I could definitely see Haruto snapping/becoming Hitler 3.0 if, for instance, the entire module is blown up - or Haruto is tricked/led to believe that one of his allies has betrayed him - and everyone apart from the other Valvrave pilots die.

We'll have to wait and see, though. The fact they are split the show into two cours with one cour in between is just downright evil...

I would prefer Haruto and L-elf to pull off a Lelouch-Suzaku.
Cain sort of feel like Schneizel
Jun 6, 2013 9:01 PM

May 2013
Good episode.

We got to see two more pilots for the two new valvraves. By the way, the new valvraves are awesome!.
Jun 6, 2013 9:15 PM

Jan 2013
Wait so every student is getting a valvrave?
Or am I mistaken?
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 6, 2013 9:18 PM

Nov 2011
Did he say "reproduce"?

And I love Shoko so much. She always knows the right thing to say.
Jun 6, 2013 10:07 PM

Apr 2013
HanaOtome said:
was it ever considered serious? Probably the only anime I have rated at 4 & that I haven't dropped. Its entertaining, but it blows.
Jun 6, 2013 10:31 PM
May 2013
The way how those Valvraves fought just Awesome..!!
Really love it.. :D
Jun 6, 2013 10:36 PM

May 2012
I was surprised that the teacher was a Jior soldier or whatever.... i thought he was investigating the Valvrave robots and i think he even stopped "Thunder" from getting inside the Valvrave...

So eventually all students will become like Haruto...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

432 by neeJay »»
Mar 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

676 by Catalano »»
Nov 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.