Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 12, 2011 4:34 AM
Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No one should hold any grudges against Danzo. He was 1 of the most complete characters in the Naruto Universe. He is a great character. Flaws, conflict, but strong on principals and morals. I say he and Pein are a few of the best characters.

…the darkness continues to encompass Sasuke.

oh yea, not to mention it's always interesting seeing a new Uchiha or sharingan user, and it was really cool to see some back story for Danzo involving Konahas late & great past ninjas (including the older timers). The guy who did the VO for Pein sounds like he was the 2nd Hokage, can't be upset with that. Hearing Peins voice always give me chills down the spine, as his voice is so captivating.
AmagaiMay 12, 2011 5:09 AM
"To see with eyes unclouded by hate"

-Prince Ashitaka, "Princess Mononoke"
May 12, 2011 4:39 AM

Dec 2009
Amagai said:
…the darkness continues to encompass Sasuke.
Yeah, he's definately a bastard.
May 12, 2011 4:55 AM
Sep 2009
I hope that redhair girl dies. But I get a feeling she wont :(
May 12, 2011 4:56 AM

Jan 2011
So in the end, Danzo died with the regret that he couldn't manage to surpass Sarutobi. Regarding the episode, the animation and soundtrack were really good, especially in the last part of Danzo's flashback.
CyborgNinjaMay 12, 2011 11:18 AM
May 12, 2011 5:12 AM
Dec 2010
qetou said:
I hope that redhair girl dies.

i 2nd that, really think its about time to hear her stop saying "Sasuke!" all the time :P
But over all great episode, they have the perfect timing on when to end the episode with "NO NOT NOW ****" :D
May 12, 2011 5:13 AM
Mar 2011
Finally He's dead. Danzo is no more. Now Naruto will become hokage. Or kakashi. Or maybey tsunade will finaly wake up.. Damn so many options.
May 12, 2011 5:27 AM
Sep 2007
Amagai said:
The guy who did the VO for Pein sounds like he was the 2nd Hokage, can't be upset with that. Hearing Peins voice always give me chills down the spine, as his voice is so captivating.

http://myanimelist.net/people/262/Kenyuu_Horiuchi

Though, I must say it's wrong to say it like he voiced Pein first, since he (Kenyuu Horiuchi) was voice of 2nd Hokage Tobirama long before Pein, no, Akatsuki themselves appeared.

I am talking about 3rd Hokage vs Orochimaru fight.
May 12, 2011 5:44 AM

May 2010
some of Danzo past ;]

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
May 12, 2011 5:45 AM

Apr 2009
funny add some flashbacks and suddenly Danzo appear less evil to some peoples, you reap what you sow
and Karin I know she's annoying but still get stabbed by someone you love that's sad
May 12, 2011 5:59 AM

Jul 2010
AHah Sasuke was so cold to Karin and gonna even try to kill her , he's so obsessed with killing Danzo and the rest since he wasn't like that to his comrades when fighting killer bee.
And Sakura just has to die next episode not Karin :D!!
May 12, 2011 6:05 AM

Sep 2009
Huh, makes you feel bad for Danzo. Though his ways were misguided, in the end all he really wanted was to protect the Leaf Village. :U

And Sasuke managed to make himself more douche-y. xD; I never really liked Karin but really. Somehow I don't think that she died but eh.
May 12, 2011 6:13 AM

Sep 2010
Next to Hinata, Karin is probably my second favorite famale character. I hate sakura with a passion, nothing memorable about ten-ten, and ino seems to only possess just one ablitiy with no variations, so I never liked her that much. To me Karin is an awesome character who fell in love with the wrong dude, happens all the time really. And unlike characters like Sakura, Karin is actually a great support character in a fight.
(I know Sakura can heal too, but it never seems to work well)

Moving on, Danzo running away from Sasuke like that, just brought pity to me. That pitiful moment aside, he completely made up for it with that reverse trigram release thing.
Unlike Deidara who could have gotten away, Danzo's suicide option was his only option. Danzo I respect you

5/5, starting to really hate sasuke's victories. Didn't enjoy this one at all, but still the story felt solid ; )
May 12, 2011 6:15 AM

Jun 2009
I kinda fell bad that last week's preview spoiled this thing pretty badly... what the hell where they thinking?!

Still, highly enjoyable episode, Danzo's flashback were trying a bit too hard to make us care for him with the "what was I to you" and stuff but still, hes a nice character so it was still highly enjoyable.

Sasuke going mad.... meh. I was hoping for something more coherent, but I guess obsession can also take that form. It's not as interesting or clever as Danzo's / Naruto's conflicts but streamlining emotions and motivations is a shounen staple I guess, sooner or latter Shippuuden would fall for that trap :(

My prediction for next episode is that Sasuke won't be able to actually finish Sakura (what about Kiba and Lee? Shouldn't they be with her?!), and instead she will somehow revive annoying Karin so we can all keep sobering over looser Sasuke. Also, they have to leave a thread of likeability on Sasuke's character, if they turn him into nothing but some random "evil" that must die all the fanbase will sob and rage (me included to some extent >< I kinda like his character).

*ps: anyone else sad that Danzo's ultimate jutsu did absolutely NOTHING other than exploding a part of the bridge? Damn... he was really weak, specially coming from a guy that talked so much.
"There is no stupid questions, only stupid people."
May 12, 2011 6:22 AM

Jan 2009
Lol Mad Sasuke Sucks :/
Karin`s "death" was ...loool
The best part was Danzou`s flashbacks
May 12, 2011 6:31 AM

Jan 2009
Danzou is so cool

May 12, 2011 6:32 AM
Apr 2011
ohh... sasuke why do you do such things even i don't really liked karin
May 12, 2011 6:52 AM

Jan 2010
nice episode
and i always liked danzo's character and not just because of the flashbacks...i don't know but he always looked like a badass to me
also the scen where he desperately tries to run away got to me :'(
May 12, 2011 7:19 AM

Aug 2009
Danzo is finally dead but I kinda feel bad for Danzo because all he wanted to do is protect Konoha.
Do you think Karin is really dead? I think she will survive somehow
May 12, 2011 8:11 AM

Sep 2009
Why does next episode preview look like sasuke is killing karin?
May 12, 2011 8:12 AM

May 2009
After seeing Danzo's past, everyone has a change of heart, I see...

Bahahaha, Oh you Madara...I was expecting the same thing.
May 12, 2011 8:23 AM

Nov 2008
Sasuke is just going psycho!! I don't know how else to describe it. They managed to make me feel bad for Danzo, but that does not erase all the things he did, so he kind of had it coming.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

May 12, 2011 8:37 AM
Sep 2010
after reading these comments i feel like i'm the only one who thinks differently. first of all i did not have a change of heart about danzo. although my hate against him fell to lower level. his suicide was epic. and second, i actually like this cold hearted sasuke. his face was epic when he pierced karin and danzo and when chasing danzo.

i hope next episode isn't just talking between sakura and sasuke. i mean i want to see sakura trying to really kill him
May 12, 2011 8:48 AM

Sep 2010
bakari said:
after reading these comments i feel like i'm the only one who thinks differently. first of all i did not have a change of heart about danzo. although my hate against him fell to lower level. his suicide was epic.

You can hate a guy and still pity and respect him ^^

I honestly wonder what will become of Jugo and Suigetsu. I respect Jugo too much to want to see him go down with Sasuke. And yes, I believe that Sasuke has to die for the series to end. : )
May 12, 2011 9:19 AM

Feb 2010
one down brother^^ sasuke really likes to backstab ppl.....
May 12, 2011 9:23 AM

Apr 2010
Finally Danzo is death and i say this after knowing his past i truly think he deserved to die it's a shame it was by his own hands.
Sasuke killing Karin was a bit awkward tho not unexpected it seems Sasuke doesn't care at all any more about other people the way he is now he might even kill Madara.
And i wonder what Sakura is going to say to Sasuke next week.
May 12, 2011 9:42 AM

Mar 2009
I loved it can't wait for more.

May 12, 2011 10:03 AM

Nov 2010
I loved this episode, I felt sorry for danzo but I wont forgive him for what hi did to Itachi sama
May 12, 2011 10:11 AM

Apr 2011
D: nice episode, I really hop Naruto becomes hokage ;-;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2011 10:21 AM
Mar 2010
bakari said:
his suicide was epic. and second, i actually like this cold hearted sasuke. his face was epic when he pierced karin and danzo and when chasing danzo.

I know, right! The face when he "chased" Danzo was just beyond epic. Also, the story is just so great, you can see just how far Sasuke sinks into the madness, like, biting Karin for chakra, and then 1 minute later "Meh, you are useless now, k bye *double pierces them both*"
It is just so full of character development and emotions, if you think about it hard enough, too bad most of the people dont.
May 12, 2011 10:33 AM

Mar 2010
I used to hate Danzo ,,, but admire him too

now he is my Freaking Hero

Danzo is the Man ,,, sure he is well not good But he loves his village so much . And that's awesome
May 12, 2011 10:37 AM

May 2010
felt sry for danzo, wanted him to beat that arrogant sasuke, but like thats going to happen lol
May 12, 2011 11:13 AM
Sep 2009
Wth, Sasuke was epic. If only he would turn into some kind of maniac killer and massacre everyone... *dreams*
May 12, 2011 11:14 AM

Jun 2010
I bawed... strangley...
May 12, 2011 11:24 AM
Mar 2010
I always liked Danzo as a character, which is saying something considering that the majority of characters in Naruto just don't interest me. Good death, I enjoyed it more then Asuma's.
May 12, 2011 11:26 AM

Dec 2009
This is where Naruto really shines. You could have the most most cold hearted character in the world, but how did they end up that way? Showing Danzo's past and making us rethink his character definitely made this episode rock, and character development is where Naruto Shippuden is best at.
May 12, 2011 11:27 AM

Oct 2010
i felt a bit sorry for Danzo, was he just trying to do the best?
nice fight, nice seeing it animated, great animation and fighting scenes for quite a few episodes now, fantastic!
May 12, 2011 11:38 AM

Nov 2009
The animated version of this arc continues to be quite epic.
Next, the moment I've been waiting for most is finally coming!
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
May 12, 2011 1:14 PM

Mar 2011
Nice character development for Danzo, although I guess thats it now that he's dead!

Pretty cool in the flashback when we saw him and Sarutobi as young'uns with the second hokage going on a suicide mission and handing over power just like that!

Loved Madara's evil eye pose (if just an eye can pose) when Sasuke stabbed both karin and Danzo, and Madara was all like 'I like it' with his crescent eye! Ha!
May 12, 2011 1:39 PM

Jun 2008
That was an amazing episode, the way they showed his true self was great
May 12, 2011 2:23 PM

Jul 2008
I laugh at people who say things like this: " I kinda feel bad for Danzo because all he wanted to do is protect Konoha."

No, he was an evil bastard who had no respect for human life. Slaughtering the Uchiha clan, taking hostages, stealing eyes from people, joining up with Orochimaru, shall I go on? There are different ways of protecting something, he just went the stupid route.

Even his past was nothing bad, just a ''trying to surpass his friend" thing. He turned into a bastard because of that? >.> Well, I for one, am glad he's dead and never felt bad for him even 1 second.
mcc badge

Toph: "Even though I was born blind, I've never had any problems seeing."
May 12, 2011 2:28 PM
Jul 2010
shinki7 said:

he is probably finishing her, since she was still breathing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2011 3:23 PM

Apr 2009
The only problem with Danzo now is that he was a complete asshole for every single episode he's been in up to this point, and now they want us to sympathize? I will admit that I like him a little bit more, but one episode of redeeming factors doesn't weigh up against many episodes of him being a douche.

That said, Danzo never really got on my nerves that much to begin with, so whatever happened to him wouldn't bother me anyway.

May 12, 2011 3:26 PM

Jul 2009
I had some sympathy for Danzo but still no respect for him because of the path he chose that is all. He did it to protect the village yeah, but really stupidly imo. I'm startion to care for sasuke less and less although I never really liked him in the 1st place, but eh, what can ya do? Overall this was actually the 1st episode in NS where I actually didn't mind seeing flashbacks considering the 2nd Hokage (my fav) was in it =) can't wait till next week.
May 12, 2011 4:15 PM
Sep 2007
Danzo himself said he doesn't value his own life.

The whole point about him was that you can't protect something without underhanded tactics and sacrifices.

I don't know if you guys forgot, but shinobi doesn't jump straight before you and fight fair.

If it wasn't for him and Root, Konoha would be long gone even before Orochimaru's assault.
May 12, 2011 5:22 PM

Jul 2010
Osaka117 said:
The only problem with Danzo now is that he was a complete asshole for every single episode he's been in up to this point, and now they want us to sympathize? I will admit that I like him a little bit more, but one episode of redeeming factors doesn't weigh up against many episodes of him being a douche.
I think his background story was meant to give his character understanding more than pity so we know why he did what he did, however stupid and wrong it was. I still don't like him, but knowing he had some twisted motivation for his actions is better than nothing.

So is Karin really dead? If she is then I am so fucking happy. Didn't expect Sakura to show up so soon, either. She gets to see Sasuke as he takes another step towards the "dark side" by killing his lolworthy comrade. Oh, and I love the trollface Sasuke made while following Danzo.
May 12, 2011 5:59 PM

Jun 2010
I actually liked this battle. Danzo and Sasuke was an awesome match. I can't believe he had to sacrifice Karin in order to kill him. That's messed up.

May 12, 2011 6:35 PM

May 2009
That animation for Danzo running from sasuke was really awkward >_>, Danzo became badass tho, his death reminded me a lot of Jiraiya's death scene :D.
May 12, 2011 7:05 PM
Oct 2010
I can't believe I got emotional when Danzo died :S I really liked this insight/flashback, y he is/was a solid character. Sandaime and Danzo, Light and Dark. He was morally messed up, but he had a true feeling of loyalty towards Konoha. (here comes the shinobi life style as sacrificial pawns again... so old school)

So now Sasuke killed the real culprit of his family's tragedy...and that doesn't even matter, because he is a complete bastard (not saying that I don't like it >:) ). next episode Sakura ...how the hell did she got there so fast? how did she know Sasuke's location?

She obviously doesn't stand a chance. Sasuke throws an idgaf/just die line as usual and...well I'm already "half spoiled" on this -.- but it is obvious anyway. Kakashi saves the day! ("I hope I get there in time!" gets me back to Naruto vs Sasuke...)

Jallium said:
shinki7 said:

he is probably finishing her, since she was still breathing

They never die with one blow. NINJAS DIE HARD (even Karin >.>)

May 12, 2011 7:15 PM
May 2009
Did it bother anybody else how little Sasuke being stabbed through the chest accomplished?
Also, Danzo's combat ability is incredibly pathetic. Sasuke managed to distract him for like 4 minutes with shurikens and lame tricks while he was manipulating space/time. Pfft, and he thought he had any right challenging Madara.
May 12, 2011 7:22 PM

Jul 2009
i like what they did with danzo, i dont think this was in the manga. good job danzo, you werent so bad after all. and it's true, sometimes, no matter how hard we try, we will only walk in the shadow of another.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prime Hashirama vs Prime Might guy-- who will win if they fought each other?

SOL_481 - Today

8 by Todday »»
53 minutes ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 22 Discussion

Arcadies - Aug 3, 2007

32 by pickyotaku »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Vindstot - Jul 9, 2015

83 by Lukas_AAW »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 420 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

95 by Lukas_AAW »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » who did better?

FruitPunchBaka - Jun 6

28 by RadicalMuscleMan »»
Today, 7:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.