Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 2, 2011 1:29 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
ok chapter.. at least smth happened

i imagined ichigo getting his sword back or smth like this..

next chapter probably
Feb 2, 2011 4:11 PM
Jul 2008
without a doubt one of the worst chapters i'ver ever read in any manga.

I really can't express how much i hate this chapter.
Ichigo is forced to train and get a new power? Allready been there...several times.
An enemy suddenly and unexpectedly becomes even stronger? I can't remember one fight, in which this didn't happen.
A talking creature, which usually isn't able to speak in fact does speak? hmm. we have a parakeet, an other stuffed animal and several other things...

Every single action in this chaptes as allready been there... and not just once!

But i guess this is kubo for us
HimoFeb 2, 2011 4:31 PM
Feb 2, 2011 4:15 PM

Sep 2010
Whew,,
They force Ichigo to use his Fullbring ?? O_o

And what will happen in that Beast mode ??
Feb 2, 2011 4:18 PM

Jan 2011
not bad.
i wonder what will happen when ichigo use his representative badge :)

i miss his bankai :( and his hollow too
and grimmjow too xD :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Feb 2, 2011 5:06 PM

May 2010
the pig has mutated ;D

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Feb 2, 2011 5:09 PM

Nov 2008
Ok chapter, not too much happened.
DuroDeMatarFeb 2, 2011 5:15 PM
Feb 2, 2011 5:41 PM

Aug 2009
lol this chapter was funny.
Feb 2, 2011 6:05 PM
Dec 2010
Chapter started off hilarious, and ended on a darker note.

Nothing special, but I can honestly say I enjoyed it on some level. Looking forward to next week.
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Feb 2, 2011 6:36 PM

Sep 2007
Hmm... this sounds really familiar... where have I seen such a tactic used before?
Feb 2, 2011 6:55 PM

Mar 2010
That pig has entered HYPER RAEP MODE
Feb 2, 2011 7:05 PM

Nov 2009
This chapter had such a good pace and so much stuff going on that i have to give it a solid 1/5.

Cmon Kubo this was THAT bad even for Bleach standards..
Feb 2, 2011 7:09 PM
Jan 2011
Glad there's some humour again. Not exactly original, but at least it's better than the soul-sucking battle-filled void of not that long ago.
Feb 2, 2011 7:19 PM

Nov 2009
Bring back the real Bleach...
Feb 2, 2011 7:29 PM

Oct 2008
Wow, I was thinking about hsi representative badge too, since he always carried it around. o__o
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 2, 2011 8:09 PM

Feb 2009
What a retarded chapter.
Only the prospect of the badge being used is the interesting part, everything else, from Riruka's talk of love to the Beast mode at the end, is just plain retarded.
Feb 2, 2011 8:10 PM

Feb 2010
Pretty nice chapter, thought that the badge had something to do with his fullbring.

and now, "Mr. pork" goes on a rampage, i expect a good chapter next time.
Feb 2, 2011 9:08 PM

Dec 2009
Well I knew the badge had something to do with this arc, though it doesn't answer the question why Ginjou has a badge, or why this arc is titled Lost Shinigami Representative Badge Arc. Does his badge wind up gone? Or had Kubo already forgotten about that?
Feb 2, 2011 9:08 PM

Jan 2009
wo Ichigo's training is about Fullbring now? i thought those punks who have Fullbring will gave transfer it to Ichigo? and that the training is for Ichigo's body to be ready to take the Fullbring but i guess i was wrong, but nevermind its still good and nice that Ichigo will have a Fullbring power
Feb 2, 2011 9:45 PM

Aug 2010
I really hope this takes a turn for the better soon, and the training actually becomes serious.
Feb 2, 2011 10:52 PM

Jan 2009
JoshOfRJNN said:

God please no i rather read this than that endless Hax Aizen fighting that was the worst arc of this Manga.
Feb 2, 2011 11:06 PM

Jan 2008
I never had thought the shinigami representative badge would play such a role,but at least Ichigo can obtain some kinds of power to defeat that piggy puppet.

Read through my journey on attempting the challenge in MAL blog!

Feb 2, 2011 11:59 PM
Mar 2009
At least the humor is slowing making its way back into Bleach.

So what do we got?

Fighting a talking, otherwise inanimate, object to get back powers, a girl with boobs hanging out that's all lovey-dovey over Ichigo, forced to use a power that he doesn't even understand yet, and the enemy powers up at the end of the chapter.

Good old Bleach...
Feb 3, 2011 12:03 AM

Feb 2010
Ashlyne said:
I never had thought the shinigami representative badge would play such a role,but at least Ichigo can obtain some kinds of power to defeat that piggy puppet.

that was totally predictable all in all a average chapter kubo is back in his normal routine...
Feb 3, 2011 12:42 AM

Jul 2007
- Love RIruka even more with each character. that attitude + the elegant way of handling it + being so full of herself = ultimate lulz.now if only Ichigo would marry her and we would get a chapters full of their bickering.
- Another proof that Fullbringers are....different from previous trainers. They have no morals, basically, this chapter proved that they are dark and they have no qualms to condemning random people to madness and death. They might look like good guys for Ichigo, bu tthey certainly are not.
-Can't wait to ind out how Ichigo's fullbring will look :3

4/5

Offtopic:
I hate MAL database lags. HOw long has this been going on? A year or so? It seems that this website is going downhill day by day and nothing is done to fix that.
Feb 3, 2011 12:44 AM
Jun 2008
Kubo really sucks at drawing, i think thats why he chose a lame monster like this. Just a lump of something with a pighead.

Humour was okay this chapter, felt like more has happened although it didnt . Better chapter then last 2.5/5
Feb 3, 2011 12:54 AM

Dec 2010
All I can say is, that Bleach's quality had dropped. Seriously, it used to be one of my favorite manga, since it has uncommon summary and plot. Then again, just when I thought, "Oh, this new arc might be good.", I ended up being disappointed again. Kubo should just ended it after Aizen got defeated. There's no point in Ichigo, getting his shinigami power back. Right?
Feb 3, 2011 3:43 AM

May 2009
Wow, Riruka is really a heartless monster.

She traps an unwilling guy in a dollhouse, she puts him inside a stuffed animal, she forces him to fight or else he will remain a plushie for the rest of his life (ok, it's a lie, but still that's not nice...), uses physical violence and insults on everyone that tries to disagree with her, and she messes up with the poor guy's body and mind, transforming him into a mindless killing machine.

And she is one of the good guys. And I tought that Mayuri was just an exception...
Feb 3, 2011 4:11 AM

May 2009
hahaha...okay I've been reading a lot of hateful comments and I can't really blame them...but still you have to keep in mind that at least this arc was a bit more interesting compared to the last....seriously I was ready to kick someone else's cat because of how stupid and retarded the last arc was....while reading the last arc I was hoping that maybe the next following chapters will give bleach a chance to redeem itself, since we're at the part where aizen will be duking it out with ichigo....but that said it never happened....at least with this arc I can look forward to something new.....and yes this chapter made me look forward to reading the next chapter... something I never did for a long time while reading bleach......that counts for something right?
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

Feb 3, 2011 4:13 AM

May 2010
omfg riruka is the cutest thing evaaaaaa, but she's being a bitch c:
Feb 3, 2011 6:47 AM

Mar 2010
Arashi89 said:
Wow, Riruka is really a heartless monster.

She traps an unwilling guy in a dollhouse, she puts him inside a stuffed animal, she forces him to fight or else he will remain a plushie for the rest of his life (ok, it's a lie, but still that's not nice...), uses physical violence and insults on everyone that tries to disagree with her, and she messes up with the poor guy's body and mind, transforming him into a mindless killing machine.

And she is one of the good guys. And I tought that Mayuri was just an exception...
Don't you know that's the scenario on how Ichigo gets his new powers. His allies have to try and kill him. It's a staple in Bleach.
Feb 3, 2011 8:01 AM

Apr 2010
Predictable.

But at least it wasn't utter shit, because it had some humour... Chad's appearance just ruined it.
Feb 3, 2011 9:12 AM

May 2009
KantonKageX said:
Don't you know that's the scenario on how Ichigo gets his new powers. His allies have to try and kill him. It's a staple in Bleach.

I'm not complaining about the way Ichigo is treated, I'm talking about how Riruka utterly disregards the other pepole. Of course Ichigo will survive the trial, but can we say the same about the aformentioned poor guy trapped in the pig suit? Unless the next chapters prove otherwise, I don't think that he will survive...
Feb 3, 2011 9:59 AM

Sep 2009
Fai said:
- Love RIruka even more with each character. that attitude + the elegant way of handling it + being so full of herself = ultimate lulz.now if only Ichigo would marry her and we would get a chapters full of their bickering.
Wait, what?! You actually like her? Imo, she's just a stupid version of Hiyori and both of them are annoying wannabe tsunderes.
Fai said:
- Another proof that Fullbringers are....different from previous trainers. They have no morals, basically, this chapter proved that they are dark and they have no qualms to condemning random people to madness and death. They might look like good guys for Ichigo, bu tthey certainly are not.
Kinda like Vizards, don't you think? They forced Ichigo to confront his hollow and were prepared to kill him should he fail. They look like good guys to him, but only bothered training Ichigo / helping in the war 'cause they owed Urahara / Aizen was their target. Not to mention
BakaKawaii said:
Ramen - Shinji
Riruko - Hiyori (not just in height, but annoyance and tsundere)
Blonde guy on game - Glasses and manga, just less perverse
Alain lookalike - Hacchi.
Feb 3, 2011 1:07 PM

Jul 2010
Well. ok chapter. when ichigo said what i have, i thought for shinigami badge and chad reminded him after 15 minutes. too slow ichigo.

Fai said:
Offtopic:
I hate MAL database lags. HOw long has this been going on? A year or so? It seems that this website is going downhill day by day and nothing is done to fix that.

THIS... it got worst than ever. I also created a topic because of forum lag. there were two more posts and moderators deleted them instead merging. great. there are five topics for 433 discussion right now. manga section need a friendly moderator.
Feb 3, 2011 1:26 PM

Oct 2007
sisore said:

67 yard touchdown, baby!
Feb 3, 2011 6:03 PM

Mar 2010
Arashi89 said:
KantonKageX said:

I'm not complaining about the way Ichigo is treated, I'm talking about how Riruka utterly disregards the other pepole. Of course Ichigo will survive the trial, but can we say the same about the aformentioned poor guy trapped in the pig suit? Unless the next chapters prove otherwise, I don't think that he will survive...
He will this is Bleach after all.
Feb 3, 2011 8:49 PM

Apr 2010
Manbearpig has a potty mouth, and can transform into super mad manbearpig. XD

Not a bad chapter, but I hope that Ichigo lacks fullbringer power. If he is, in fact, a fullbringer, he will be officially to overpowered, unless he actually lost his shinigami/vizard power, but if he did, Bleach will be ruined. I'm assuming that the so-called fullbringer powers Ichigo contains will be the key to awaken his spiritual powers, especially since the badge holds such relevance.

So far, I'm pretty excited to see how chad powers evolved. Hopefully Tite finally made him badass enough to transform his whole body rather than his arms. Assuming that Chad is also a fullbringer, I wonder if the Hueco Mundo powerups apply to the others as well.
A small request: If there is a post of mine that you dislike, or want to discuss with me, please do so on my profile's comment page. I know it defeats the purpose of forums, but, I usually don't revisit forum threads after a post (unless it's my own) due to extreme laziness, and confusion. I enjoy discussing/ flame warring with others XD.
Feb 3, 2011 9:02 PM

Jul 2009
ugggh, can't wait for the next chapter...the entire time i was thinking the badge, too bad he didn't figure it out till the very end of the chapter.
Feb 4, 2011 12:25 AM

Aug 2009
:( I really wish Kubo would spend some time actually making quality artwork rather than pumping out shit just to the weekly deadline.

Feb 4, 2011 12:50 AM

Jul 2007
Ellenna said:
All I can say is, that Bleach's quality had dropped. Seriously, it used to be one of my favorite manga, since it has uncommon summary and plot. Then again, just when I thought, "Oh, this new arc might be good.", I ended up being disappointed again. Kubo should just ended it after Aizen got defeated. There's no point in Ichigo, getting his shinigami power back. Right?

Shounen genre and uncommon/original doed not go together. Being in shounen genre pretty much equals being stuffed with fighting staples, power-ups, villain-gangs, superpowers, cluelessness and moral lessons. If you want original go read original stuff that does not contain "Shounen" in its genre, like most of Tsutomu Nihei or Urasawa Naoki works.

As for plot. You serious? End the bleach right after Kubo introduced such plot points like the Soul King and possibility of it being a villain? Deicide arc alone gave us:
- The Soul King being a badguy or at least some kind of eldritch abomination.
- Deeper mysteries of Ichigo's family and -getsu swords.
- Urahara possibly working for a main villain.

That alongside that we still have the mystery of true purpose of shinigami badge, what is Ukitake's deal in all that(since only he had that stuff and gave ichigo it under pretense of it being a substitute symbol) and why did Ukitake recognise Ichigo's reiatsu.

Then we have Mayuri's findings in Hueco Mundo, his anger at Ichigo, him "healing" momo and so on.

Bleach might not have a preset "goal" for protagonist(which frankly always is just an illusion, because 99 times out of 100 protagonist does not achieve that and it all ends with huge evil villain battle), but it still has quite a lot of plotpoints left.
-

Bonar said:
Fai said:
Wait, what?! You actually like her? Imo, she's just a stupid version of Hiyori and both of them are annoying wannabe tsunderes.
Fai said:
Kinda like Vizards, don't you think? They forced Ichigo to confront his hollow and were prepared to kill him should he fail. They look like good guys to him, but only bothered training Ichigo / helping in the war 'cause they owed Urahara / Aizen was their target. Not to mention
BakaKawaii said:
Ramen - Shinji
Riruko - Hiyori (not just in height, but annoyance and tsundere)
Blonde guy on game - Glasses and manga, just less perverse
Alain lookalike - Hacchi.

Hyori was ust bratty kid. A chav/hooligan type of character who would go on temper tantrums regularly.

Riruka is more like a standard tsundere+hilarity.

But you see, the difference with Vaizards was that vaizards were right in wanting to kill ichigo if he failed. Or should they have let a high level holow roam the town?

And aizen goal was a common one. that wa sthe reason why urahara helped him and why ss did not stop him from going into hm.

Vaizards also never acted as if they are the best thing ever.

On Fullbringer case we have (nmost likely) them deliberatelly causing Ichigo to want to go to them, sugar-coating their history with sad stuff and how bad their life is to them and then they show that they have no qualms of taking a random innocent person(who is not ichigo) off the street and condemn him to death and madness.

Vaizards just felt like a normal vigilante group. These guys go way over that and frankly i do not see the vaizard comparison as true.

I could compare any character group in any manga with any other character group that way

Ralonzo said:
sisore said:

67 yard touchdown, baby!

You sir win the internetz and all the bats it contains.
Feb 4, 2011 1:13 AM

Jun 2008
Am i seriously reading about a guy fighting a pig-doll in a doll house? Is this supposed to keep me interested?
Feb 4, 2011 1:20 AM

Jan 2009
Monad said:
Am i seriously reading about a guy fighting a pig-doll in a doll house? Is this supposed to keep me interested?

yes Bleach is suppose to be cute now lol

/sarcasm
Feb 4, 2011 3:59 AM

Aug 2010
Still waiting for some twist in all this mess...
Feb 4, 2011 4:34 AM
May 2010
I really loved this chapter, although I love ALL of Bleach's chapters. I found Ichigo being locked in the doll-house amusing - I'll admit it! To think that Ichigo's Shinigami badge will let him, possibly, get back his powers. I'm intrigued to find out what happens next, then Rukia can come back into the picture - I miss her. ;~;
Feb 4, 2011 5:13 AM

Mar 2009
Well, it's bad as usual and nothing really happens.
Feb 4, 2011 2:15 PM

Jul 2007
Mewcandy said:
At least there was some humor in this chapter :/

Although I'm confused, wasn't Ichigo supposed to be getting Ginjou and the others powers rather than having to find powers of his own??

That is strange and even(EVEN!!!) Ichigo pointed out the strangeness in all of that.

But anyway it was already quite clear that there's a lot of things that do not connect with what the fullbringers told him and the whole "hey you regain powers and we give you ours!~" sounds like a free cheese in a mouse-trap.

This arc is supposed to highlight the bonds and connections ichigo has made up until now, so I would not be surprised if Fullbringers have the secrets and plans they kept from ichigo.

As it is now, its obvious that the whole situation is waaay too suspicious:
- Where is Isshin and why did he disappear RIGHT before this whole mess began?
- Why does Ginjou has his own Badge? And what is the actual purpose of those things that, according to ishida, have a strange and ominous atmosphere?
- Why did Ginjou and co did not even mention someone else having a power like theirs (the book guy) and why did they make sure that discussion never gets towards that?
- What is a meaning and significance of three for fullbringers? Ginjou made it clear that there's a reason for all of three stuff(including the omission of E in xcution).(even this chapter we had 3x5=15.)
- If their group is named "fullbringers" then what the hell is Xcution
- What is with the cross and moon symbolics that go through pretty much all xcution-centered chapters?

------------

Now for 15.
- 15 is 3x15
- 15 is number of days per month in chinese calendar.
- 15 is the first number to have a name of seven letters(Fifteen). Xcution, when omitting E's(that are symbolic for 3) also has seven letters and 7 is 3 away from 10.
- Hebrews avoid spelling 15 in the same order on how they would spell other numbers, because 15 in hebrew represents one of the names of God.
- 15 is the number belonging to the Devil in tarot cards.

(now before someone goes "its just numbers, dude", Kubo is obsessed about two things, numbers and music and he is smart enough to insert music references into chapters, like current one, and to label movie chapters in imaginary numbers)
Feb 5, 2011 1:56 PM

Sep 2009
I swear, if there's any more of this, I'm done reading.
Feb 5, 2011 4:25 PM

Dec 2009
Ichigo chased by teddy bear... It's too miserable to be killed by angry teddy bear in small doll house, soo he'll probably live! XD
Feb 5, 2011 5:16 PM

Dec 2007
so I would not be surprised if Fullbringers have the secrets and plans they kept from ichigo.

I didn't see that coming...

Feb 5, 2011 10:16 PM

Jul 2009
JoshOfRJNN said:

Been thinking that since the end of the Seireitei Rescue arc >_>
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 200 Discussion

rebwaters - Jan 11, 2010

4 by Dattebayo2992 »»
Apr 29, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.