Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2011 8:06 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OP and ED haven't changed yet. What?? the way to end those fight... lol @ Misaka!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 7, 2011 8:21 AM

Aug 2009
The fight itself was rather interesting, with Touma and Stiyl making a surprisingly good combo in battle. Shame that the end to the entire conflict felt a little too coincidental for my tastes

Besides that, though, a pretty good episode that brings the Peter's cross arc to a nice close, along with bringing up some interesting questions. What are Crowley's motives, and what exactly is the english archbishop up to? They should prove to be rather interesting to see in action in the future.

And of course, the obligatory Misaka getting angry at Touma (again lol), and with her now the winner of the penalty game, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how that works out :P

Jan 7, 2011 8:22 AM

Dec 2007
Stiyl no baka lol He stumbled! :D

Double punch into the face キターーーーー(゜∀゜)ーーーーー!!!!!!
Jan 7, 2011 12:11 PM

Nov 2008
More batshit insane women getting what they deserved.

Oriana got what she deserved twice once by an idiot combo punch nonethless.

The Priest got what she deserved too but what a way to go.

Index, will you please stop biting, it's annoying, punch Touma's lights out again if you are frustrated.

Jan 7, 2011 4:33 PM

Feb 2010
More hittin' women there.
Jan 7, 2011 4:36 PM

Oct 2010
This episode was awesome Oriana punching! Not only with a Magnus/Touma combo with Magnus being able to land a punch right under her breasts whereas Touma right on her face! Touma after punching harder GIFs needed big time for both of those parts. The episode managed to do a excellent beginning excitement, middle comedy relief and end suspense/relief for a character though to maybe never survive.

In regards to the battles, Touma got his ass kicked in the beginning but I though that he was the most stupid not to cooperate with Magnus when he summoned Innocentus.Is that a crack I heard? Does it not mean that Touma has cracked ribs yet he acted as nothing afterwards. Magnus, holy shit he is bleeding so bad! Apart from the Izzard arc, I did not see him like so bad shit in shape. I did like that while Touma was talking with Lorenzetti there was some nice fan service of her breasts. Comedy wise once in the hospital Index/Misaka confrontation was good and funny. Particularly Misaka's facial expressions.

The segment had a very just fit end for Lorenzetti that should apply to all traitors of catholic belief. It may be harsh but a good example of being conform to your religion. There is also how I freaked out at seeing Lorenzetti's face change in the spoiler
I got with her facial expression. Shit! Girl is more nuts than Agnese herself. Finally end part of this episode was excellent with a huge excitement that all is well with Himegami. Really glad she turns out ok. :D
Yumekichi11Jan 7, 2011 4:56 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 7, 2011 5:14 PM

Sep 2010
Man, I was hoping for the new OP and ED.
Oh and I like where Stiyl punched Oriana.
Jan 7, 2011 5:35 PM

Feb 2008
How I miss Railgun, where I didn't have to listen to Touma's speaches every episode.
Jan 7, 2011 5:45 PM

Aug 2010
Thats so Touma-like. Making a speech while his buddy bleeds to death.
Jan 7, 2011 6:04 PM

Jan 2010
That episode was crazy. Lorenzetti really freaked me out. Glad she got what's coming to her.

Also, once again girls get their butt kicked by guys. I shouldn't expect less from this anime.
Jan 7, 2011 6:07 PM

Jul 2010
Ok I'm bored of this anime I was hoping Toumas powers would evolve or something. I think I'm officially done. No more.
Jan 7, 2011 6:19 PM
Jan 2010
Heard nothing but Kittan from Stiyl. I was half expecting a King Kittan Giga Drill Breaker from Stiyl's voice while he was shouting.
Jan 7, 2011 6:21 PM

Jul 2008
calaveth said:
How I miss Railgun, where I didn't have to listen to Touma's speaches every episode.

This.

Also, Touma is becoming the next Naruto. I mean he's suppose to have cracked ribs, who the hell can stand after being in an explosion afterwards? I wish Misaka would just butt in and save that little tard.
mcc badge

Toph: "Even though I was born blind, I've never had any problems seeing."
Jan 7, 2011 6:35 PM

Nov 2009
what was with the whole OH YEAH there were fireworks so we didn't have to run around after all. I can say that would have been good if they had not spent 5 episodes running around trying to stop something they didn't need to. Ugh..
For some reason the fights are boring with him just knocking out people with his scrawny build.
Jan 7, 2011 6:52 PM

May 2010
Touma strikes another woman!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 7, 2011 7:05 PM

Oct 2010
An okay end for the Croce di Pietro arc. I just hope they crank it up a notch in the next arc ^_^
"Isn't life, by nature, a contest decided by a single round? However trifling the matter, it's not possible to return to the last save point by pushing some reset button." - Kazuki Hoshino, Hakomari, Vol. 1
Jan 7, 2011 7:19 PM

Apr 2008
It would be awesome if Touma's power can really evolve to something more =x

Jan 7, 2011 7:20 PM

Feb 2009
billng said:
Thats so Touma-like. Making a speech while his buddy bleeds to death.

lol i noticed that too. touma making a grand speech while you see stiyl in the back face down in a pool of blood
Jan 7, 2011 7:21 PM

Jul 2008
calaveth said:

I hope Railgun gets a season two as well. It sure as hell deserves one.
Jan 7, 2011 8:22 PM
Nov 2010
New OP and ED will appear in the beginning of the next arc. That is, next episode's.

I was all satisfied until I see the preview of EP 14. Then I said to myslf, this isn't enough the wait and I have to wait 1 more week after waiting for 2 weeks D: Ahahaha.

I cannot comment on anything about EP 13 since they are all good (although a bit messed up in order, honestly).
Jan 7, 2011 8:26 PM

Oct 2008
worst episode ever. the whole arc was filled with talking and running around. what a waste of cool powers. it would have been a good arc if misaka fought oriana. but no. touma preaches, gets his ass kicked, gets up, preaches, TAKES AN EXPLOSION IN THE FACE, and finishes? the only good part was styl, who was clearly also down for the count.

Oriana was a smart bad guy at first, finally a respectable, psycho bitch one. but she resorts to close combat when she has a whole deck of cards? then uses them all in one useless attack? come on, give these guys some brains.

really. this show has so many cool powers and abilities but the story line is shit so far. touma and character development have been lacking the last 13 episodes.
Jan 7, 2011 8:29 PM

Mar 2010
Index II has become yet another LOW BUDGET sh*t that solely relies on the popularity of the original work it is based on. The fighting scenes are lacking intensity, so that it doesn't fit well with the background music. The show is literally becoming a eyesore to me.

Sigh.. at least, Railgun wasn't as bad as this one. I seriously hope J.C. Staff would stop mass-producing the shows.. -_-

Jan 7, 2011 8:31 PM

May 2009
Lorenzetti is so creepy and crazy that I'm glad that much of the arc featured Oriana and not her.

Kinda glad the arc is finally over. Looking forward to the change of pace and scenery next week.
Jan 7, 2011 8:46 PM

Sep 2007
Uhhhh what? Really? The night parade? What a complete fucking copout end that was. And Touma once again winning through sheer willpower. Wtf is this shounen shit?
Jan 7, 2011 8:49 PM

Feb 2008
mediocre.

ep starting with a fight scene - win 5/5
Oriana fighting - badass. 4/5
Stiyl tripping - fucking idiot. 3/5
Touma's new speech - 3/5
Biribiri - another win. 5/5
Himegami Aisa - 4/5
Fukiyose's voice - yey! 4/5

overall, it's a bit mediocre. well, i read this part of the LN beforehand, so i thought it was not quite a good adaptation. especially Laura beating the hell out of Lidvia. oh well. either way, Laura is still the best damn cruel bitch in this anime.

btw, that man that was thrown out of the plane was actually the pilot. just in case people don't know. anime didn't mention the pilot.

just so, i'm posting the Laura/Lidvia part from the LN:

next ep is start of another arc. Orsola, Itsuwa, Anieze are all present. awesome loli harem incoming. :)
Jan 7, 2011 8:51 PM

Oct 2009
Yeah I'm kinda getting tired of Touma's character. He's got an okay ability, it's just that he prefers to break off into a stupid speech at each fight, rather than use his ability.

"When science and magic cross, the story begins." - Why are they not crossing? It's been just magic this whole series.
Jan 7, 2011 9:08 PM

Jun 2009
Didn't like how the conflict ended, but what a sentimental ending~.
Jan 7, 2011 9:14 PM

Oct 2009
Pretty slow episode meh, oh wells still loving it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2011 9:17 PM

Feb 2010
GarLogan78 said:
Were we watching the same show, because I was bored with Railgun way more than Index. Nothing really happened until 10 episodes in and then became boring again afterwards.
Jan 7, 2011 9:18 PM
Mar 2010
tsubasalover said:

OP and ED haven't changed yet. What?? the way to end those fight... lol @ Misaka!

They wouldn't want to change the OP and the ED during an arc XD It will probably change the next episode.

Ugh, another religion side arc...
Jan 7, 2011 9:39 PM

Jun 2008
OH GOD, where do I begin with this nonsense...

A new year, but still the same old index.

I was hoping for something better, but we got a BS ending to a BS arc.

The only good part in all of this was Oriana getting what she deserves by Touma's LEGENDARY, Punch every girl in sight technique.

However, we still had Touma's Legendary BS speech, oh well.

3/5 for the episode, I'm just glad it's OVER, please let's move on to something else.

*Sees preview of episode 14*.....OH SHIT!!!!
Jan 7, 2011 9:50 PM

Feb 2010
agent535 said:
mediocre.

ep starting with a fight scene - win 5/5
Oriana fighting - badass. 4/5
Stiyl tripping - fucking idiot. 3/5
Touma's new speech - 3/5
Biribiri - another win. 5/5
Himegami Aisa - 4/5
Fukiyose's voice - yey! 4/5

overall, it's a bit mediocre. well, i read this part of the LN beforehand, so i thought it was not quite a good adaptation. especially Laura beating the hell out of Lidvia. oh well. either way, Laura is still the best damn cruel bitch in this anime.

btw, that man that was thrown out of the plane was actually the pilot. just in case people don't know. anime didn't mention the pilot.

just so, i'm posting the Laura/Lidvia part from the LN:

next ep is start of another arc. Orsola, Itsuwa, Anieze are all present. awesome loli harem incoming. :)
WOW, the LN version makes sooooo much more sense now. I hate how JC Staff is handling the adaptations this time. Hopefully they'll improve before the end of the season. Now I really wanna read the LN, but I want to have the actual physical copy in my hands rather than reading it online. Wish, someone would license it here.....
Jan 7, 2011 10:00 PM

Jul 2008
Replace "Roman Catholic" with "Islam", replace "Croce di Petro" with "Suicide bombing", replace "Science v. Religion" with "Islam v. Everybody else", replace "restoration of the Lord's authority" with "death to the infidels."
Jan 7, 2011 10:32 PM
Sep 2010
does anyone know if touma will always be this weak and doing the same things
over and over again?
Like he uses his hand then punches the person...Thats all Ive seen him do does anyone know if he will get any stronger?
Jan 7, 2011 10:51 PM

Jun 2008
god this arc was so boring, finally it's over

that was such an anticlimactic end, i waited 2 weeks for this shit?
Jan 7, 2011 11:09 PM

Jun 2008
entropy13 said:
Replace "Roman Catholic" with "Islam", replace "Croce di Petro" with "Suicide bombing", replace "Science v. Religion" with "Islam v. Everybody else", replace "restoration of the Lord's authority" with "death to the infidels."

The moral of the story is that religion is all a bunch of bullshit...

Honestly, this anime just makes the viewer hate religion, in a way it's not hard to see why everyone prefers the SCIENCE side of index rather than the religion (magic) side.

gene098 said:
does anyone know if touma will always be this weak and doing the same things
over and over again?
Like he uses his hand then punches the person...Thats all Ive seen him do does anyone know if he will get any stronger?

I don't read the LN so I couldn't tell you, however, Touma is basically a SHOUNEN main character.

He NEVER loses and somehow finds a way to win even though it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Let's face it that's what he is...

stevewiess01 said:
Index II has become yet another LOW BUDGET sh*t that solely relies on the popularity of the original work it is based on. The fighting scenes are lacking intensity, so that it doesn't fit well with the background music. The show is literally becoming a eyesore to me.

Sigh.. at least, Railgun wasn't as bad as this one. I seriously hope J.C. Staff would stop mass-producing the shows.. -_-

I wouldn't go so far as to say this is "low budget"...

I believe J.C. Staff does a somewhat decent job with MOST of the anime they produce, also, I wouldn't solely blame the idiotic storylines and nonsense scenes that this anime has on J.C. Staff.

Most of the blame should go on how the ANIME INDUSTRY is nowadays, that means that they HAVE TO give us "tsundere Mikoto", Tits, and a lot of other scenes that don't belong in this anime.
Jan 7, 2011 11:10 PM

Nov 2008
omg next arc will be a huge time skip? when will the punishment game take place.... if I recall the LN, next arc should not be in Europe...besides it will break the magic - science pattern... next arc should be science arc with misaka's mom or last order... how disappointing... Nevertheless, I'm gonna see Itsuwa so early ^o^ I'm not mentally prepared <33
DenjaXJan 7, 2011 11:34 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 7, 2011 11:11 PM

Mar 2010
I'm not sure whether I want to comment on this episode or not. I honestly feel like I waisted 2 weeks of watching time on a story that hasn't been progressing, nor developing in any way. This arc was the worst thing I've seen so far out of the ''To Aru Majutsu no Index'' series'. I really hope they can pull off a better job in the next arc. Looking forward to the next!
Jan 7, 2011 11:26 PM

Nov 2010
Wow how many females has Touma Punch? Next Stop Italy. Happy,but was hoping for an Accelarator arc so he can beat that scientist in the trailer.
Jan 7, 2011 11:42 PM

May 2009
Confucius said:
Touma strikes another woman!

Ahaha, this marks as Touma the woman hitter xD

Next stop : Trip to Italy arc! This time Touma gets lucky in a misfortune way x3

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Jan 7, 2011 11:42 PM

Nov 2009
Interesting episode, epic punch and lol at the fireworks! was that all planned out?

& the part with lidvia falling from the plane: ouch !

-I want more misaka! ;o
Jan 8, 2011 12:08 AM

Jan 2010
New arc coming, wooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
Finally got some "equality" this ep too.
Plenty of Oriana "Booby" Thompson action too.
Jan 8, 2011 12:23 AM

Oct 2010
Airplane kill FTW. I LOL'd from the moment when Lidvia got vacuumed out of the jet till when that pilot crashed into her with a *Splat*.
Jan 8, 2011 12:25 AM
Jul 2018
how can everyone complain about touma when index is one of the most annoying characters in existence.
Jan 8, 2011 12:26 AM

Oct 2010
xxxholic9013 said:
Oriana was a smart bad guy at first, finally a respectable, psycho bitch one. but she resorts to close combat when she has a whole deck of cards? then uses them all in one useless attack? come on, give these guys some brains.
Actually I though it was because that double punch on her, discouraged and she just decided to give it all she got to get rid of Touma since clearly Magnus was done for and Tsuchimikado was no threat.

Jan 8, 2011 12:28 AM
Nov 2008
The only interesting part of the episode was Lidvia.

The rest of it? Touma punches a bitch, Index bites a head, Misaka gets annoyed, Stiyl thinks something isn't possible and Aisa wondes if her existence is meaningful. Seriously, that's it. Same recycled plotline since the end of season 1.
Jan 8, 2011 12:30 AM
May 2010
Did anyone stop and think how immediately brilliant this anime would've become if the entirety of Academy City became Roman Catholic devotees?

Touma remaining the only one unaffected, would have to use his magical hand to free certain people from this spell, and effectively raise enough resistance to hold a massive Science vs. Magic battle for control of the city.
(Naturally with assistance from the Anglicans.)

Oh dear, how I really, really wanted the Roman Catholics to succeed.

I'm starting to hate how absolutely nothing cool happens with this anime, despite the excellent basic concept. I hoped something good would happen in season 2, but it certainly doesn't look that way.
Jan 8, 2011 12:34 AM

Oct 2010
alexcampos said:
OH GOD, where do I begin with this nonsense... A new year, but still the same old index.

*Sees preview of episode 14*.....OH SHIT!!!!
I knew about that response from you. Yep, next episode is Index centered looks like it. I hope you might like it at least if Index is serious but I think the MOE shit of her is going to rage you more. Ever since that episode where she was serious in first season, it's exactly the same feelings as you about Index...unless she uses her powers and does action, it will probably be nothing more than comedy relief.

Jan 8, 2011 12:55 AM

Sep 2009
I really wished Misaka had come to save Touma. Misaka has been way to much of an unimportant character lately. Also, I think Touma needs to get some other kind of power, then maybe we wouldn't have to see him end the fight with a punch every single time.
Jan 8, 2011 1:05 AM

May 2010
That lidvia is freaky when she laugh, like a wacko on the loose !!

[url=http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/YEX&sclick=1][IMG]http://myanimelist.net/signature/YEX.png[
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

237 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

54 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

175 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

136 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

139 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 26, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.