Forum Settings
Forums

What's the meaning behind your MAL username?

New
May 16, 6:40 AM

May 2024
Is there a special meaning behind your username, or did you just come up with it on the spot? If you're curious about my username, just look it up. It's too long to explain.

זכור תמיד כי ההחלטה שלך להצליח היא יותר חשובה מכל דבר אחר.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 16, 6:41 AM

Feb 2020
Serafos is my Blood Elf Paladin's name in World of Warcraft. It doesn't really mean anything. It's just a random name.
May 16, 7:10 AM

Dec 2021
Mine was dumb. All I really need to say is that I sucked at typing when I was around 12 years old, and my username is the same username I used when I made a Runescape account in 2009. Nothing was ever quite as satisfying as maxing out magic without resorting to splashing.

Davil ?= Devil (Again, I sucked at typing back then)

Joe = My nickname

193 = I didn't know if Runescape names needed numbers or not, so I chose three corners of the numberpad.

I said it before, but I really fucking miss the Runescape HD days from the late 2000s.
Daviljoe193May 16, 7:13 AM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
May 16, 7:11 AM

Apr 2024
It's Tibetan, it's my dharma name (Buddhism).
May 16, 7:12 AM

Mar 2023
Nothing special. I just made it up on the spot.
May 16, 7:17 AM

Nov 2023
https://myanimelist.net/character/161933/Peter_Ratri , Not sure why is this guy, I guess I took the nearest thing I was reading when deciding a name

And also my decisions are always right
May 16, 7:30 AM

Mar 2018
Pretty simple I love Yaoi, Shota and Incest
May 16, 7:43 AM

Nov 2017
It's the city area code where I live

plz @ me
May 16, 7:43 AM

Dec 2021
"Saitei da, ore tte" (最低だ、俺って。) is what Shinji says in the hospital scene in The End of Evangelion. I was actually surprised that it hadn't been taken.
May 16, 8:17 AM

May 2015
Ishitateso means literally "rock-placing monk" referring to the monks who designed and built Zen gardens since the Kamakura period.
May 16, 8:18 AM

Jan 2009
deg is short for degrees like level of difficulty but people also call me degenerate because of it and i do not mind
May 16, 8:33 AM
Oct 2019
It's from One Piece. It's the name of the seeds Usopp uses in the timeskip.
May 16, 9:27 AM

Mar 2021
Gashadokur0 said:
What's the meaning behind your MAL username?

Back in the early 90s I played Jazz Bass when I was still in Highschool. Some random dude at my Highschool convinced me after seeing me play upright bass after at a school musical event to join his music band (he really thought I was a good Bass player). After that I decided to take up the guys offer and went out and bought a 6 string Carl Thompson bass Guitar. We were able to get a few gigs preforming live at a few local small venues from tiny sports bars to underground raves. The singer of our group just had a lot of connections. The ironic thing was most of the places we ended up preforming live at the audience wasn't too thrilled we were basically just a Jazz band when Grunge Rock was still extremely popular. Most of the time we just ended up playing a bunch of popular grunge rock covers from Nirvana's "Smells like teen spirit" to Joy Division's "She's Lost Control". Performing in front of at most an audiences maybe a few dozen Punk Rockers that didn't even like us mosh dancing to our Jazz music. We were simply just known as Josh's Band till I came up with a name for the group which was "Colourwheel". The band broke up shortly after our lead singer wanted us to stop playing Jazz Music completely because he said no one wanted to really hear us play Jazz (the dude really wanted us to be just another Grunge band). Since the guitar player and I wrote half of the original songs we usually ended up performing live we weren't too happy about the direction the drummer and our singer wanted the group to go, so we basically broke up after less than a year playing together. Thus ends my short lived career as a music artist.

Every User name I tried to pick was basically taken when I originally tried to make a User account on this platform. Taken over a dozen tries to find something I liked and just remember the Band name I came up with back when I was playing in the Jazz band I was in back in the 90s. "ColourWheel" was apparently not taken so I just went with it. lol
ColourWheelMay 16, 4:01 PM
May 16, 9:29 AM

Dec 2019
It was inspired from Paradise by Coldplay because it's the first song i heard from them.
May 16, 9:32 AM

Jul 2013
It is based off of the Rozen Maiden anime series. I simply replaced the word "Rozen" with "Desu" to have "DesuMaiden" instead of "Rozen Maiden". Makes sense?
May 16, 10:02 AM

Feb 2020
Rin Tokikaze calls her adoring fans little sheeplings, and I am her most loyal servant.
May 16, 10:05 AM
Simp4DemonGirls

Oct 2018
Ohayo - Japanese for “hello” & sound-alike for where I live.

+

Otaku- because for the past decade or so I watch more anime than any other type of media
May 16, 10:08 AM

Nov 2021
It's my favorite character/best girl's name.
Taiga best girl forever.
May 16, 10:10 AM
Mar 2017
Yona from akatsuki no Yona , the anime was one of my favorite romance anime since it was aired back in 2015

It hold lovely memories so I kept it
May 16, 10:22 AM

Jul 2016
Wanted a username with Zed in it thus Zedlin was born.
May 16, 10:53 AM

Feb 2023
Serafos said:
Serafos is my Blood Elf Paladin's name in World of Warcraft.

Vaturna was my Blood Elf Paladin's name in World of Warcraft too 🫡. It's a derivative of Saturn, but doesn't have any deeper meaning.
May 16, 10:55 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to Vaturna
Serafos said:
Serafos is my Blood Elf Paladin's name in World of Warcraft.

Vaturna was my Blood Elf Paladin's name in World of Warcraft too 🫡. It's a derivative of Saturn, but doesn't have any deeper meaning.
@Vaturna What an interesting coincidence! :)
May 16, 12:25 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
The name is Kwan. Kwanthemaster. If you know you know.
May 16, 12:50 PM

Jan 2022
My username stands for "Lentus Realizer", Lentus was some demi-god I came up with and used to worship. (maybe I still worship him? idk)
May 16, 1:58 PM

Feb 2011
I wanted to become closer to my favorite character and since it's impossible physically I opted for spiritual connection...
May 16, 3:25 PM

May 2016
I was a huge Pokemon Fan. Black and White was coming out so I named myself Reshiram on Xbox Live and just started using it since.
May 16, 3:26 PM

May 2016
Reply to Shizuna
I wanted to become closer to my favorite character and since it's impossible physically I opted for spiritual connection...
@Shizuna Can't wait to play Kuro this summer! Looking forward to see another divine blade.
May 16, 3:42 PM

Apr 2022
Years ago I played games in emulator I think it was in a pokemon hackrom, they always asked for a nickname and I put random letters and I got this way
May 16, 4:00 PM

May 2021
it’s my first and middle name—I switched from more interesting handles to my name and never looked back very uninspired I know
May 16, 5:07 PM

Oct 2023
Lini was a secret character you could recruit to your team in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and his job class was a Mog Knight (Moogle Knight). Lini ia my profile pic for both my anime page and for the forum. The forum pic is another job class you could pick called a Gunner. Unlike other secret characters I felt that Lini's was pretty interesting.

Word of advice, if your enemy is a team of moogles you are doomed.

May 16, 5:29 PM

Dec 2020
The Firefly part is because of The Last of Us and Dark is just because I didn't want to leave it with just Firefly.
"Those words are meant for those that dare defy god's final warning... An epigraph of their stubbornness"
- Maho Hiyajo (Steins;Gate 0)
May 16, 5:32 PM

May 2022
Snipe was from my terrible Xbox gamertag (xXSuperSnip3Xx). Strike was from nowhere, I just added it because it sounded cool and SuperSnipe was already taken.
May 16, 5:44 PM
Mar 2017
I have curly blonde hair, hence noodles
May 16, 6:05 PM

Sep 2022
My username is my Minecraft username I made when I was a kid in 2011, it doesn't mean anything special. I never bothered to change it after all these years and ended up using this name on everything.
May 16, 6:39 PM

May 2024
Meaning, in regard to an estimation and planning of likely outcomes.
Also inspired from this song:
May 16, 6:56 PM

Feb 2021
Nothing special. Yuu is a very generic name.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

May 17, 12:21 AM

Jan 2023
The 'Megu' part comes from either Megumin (Konosuba) or Megumi Kato (Saekano), I forgot at this point.
The 'Sae' part comes from the anime series Saekano, one of my favorite series.
And the number after that does not mean anything at all.
MeguSae38May 17, 7:03 AM
May 17, 12:51 AM

Jan 2021
I played Paladins once and my main was Cassie and every time she got healed she said "You're a lifesaver" and I started saying that too so other people started calling me that too and then I just went with that name :D
And the number idk... I just think it's a nice number.
lifesaver64May 17, 12:55 AM

𝕳𝖔𝖜 𝖉𝖔𝖊𝖘 𝖎𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖑 𝖙𝖔 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖊𝖝𝖎𝖘𝖙?

Mei Misaki
May 17, 12:59 AM

Jun 2020
Not rlly hard to figure out my current one lol but one of my older names was Samidot, which is an acronym for one of my favorite songs named Sing About Me I’m Dying of Thirst
DumbMay 17, 1:05 AM

May 17, 1:04 AM
Nov 2017
English name of the anime Birdy The Mighty. I just thought it sounded really cute.

Also Birdy is just an adorable character in general
May 17, 1:15 AM

Nov 2020
My name is from yugioh card game that's too good until konami decided to ban it
What Does Pot of Greed do?
May 17, 1:33 AM

Feb 2021
It means memory, very symbolic name.
May 17, 2:52 AM
Apr 2024
I didn't put much thought into the name. I just based it on the word "Jelly" (because I really love jelly) and added a couple of letters to make sure no one else had that username. That's all there is to it!)
May 17, 3:29 AM

May 2010
I like the German language and the Pokémon Cherubi, and Kikugi is just the German name for Cherubi 🍒
Hello can you please watch Kitaku-bu Katsudou Kiroku
May 17, 4:13 AM

Jul 2015
I used to go by the username "Orion_Gospel" a name I came up with when I was just 12 years old. Over the years, I felt it no longer suited me, so I changed it to Pokitaru, a name that originates from the Ratchet and Clank games, which I absolutely adore, especially the original trilogy.
I chose it simply because I love how it sounds.
PokitaruMay 17, 4:16 AM
May 17, 4:15 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
I'm a big boy IRL (6ft3 and I barely fit in doors because of my wide shoulders) and you know the 2001 portable Nintendo console called Game Boy Advance? Yeah.
May 17, 5:48 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Pokitaru
I used to go by the username "Orion_Gospel" a name I came up with when I was just 12 years old. Over the years, I felt it no longer suited me, so I changed it to Pokitaru, a name that originates from the Ratchet and Clank games, which I absolutely adore, especially the original trilogy.
I chose it simply because I love how it sounds.
@Pokitaru That post awoke my R&C nostalgia, listening to some themes right now, the composer is a genius, so many great tracks, can't remember which was my favorite, maybe the Starship Phoenix theme because I spent so much time there.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 17, 6:02 AM

Jan 2019
my name initial + The + Great

------------------
May 17, 6:23 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to Zarutaku
@Pokitaru That post awoke my R&C nostalgia, listening to some themes right now, the composer is a genius, so many great tracks, can't remember which was my favorite, maybe the Starship Phoenix theme because I spent so much time there.
@Zarutaku Man, I've been on the nostalgia train for the og RAC trilogy for a while now. I've been following a streamer who speedruns the game quite often, and it makes me very happy to see that this franchise not only is still alive, but the og games are still relevant.

The Starship Phoenix theme is a banger, easily one of my favorites as well. I don't know which one is my top favorite. It's very hard to choose between so many great soundtracks, but I'd say the Megacorp Store theme from Going Commando is definitely one of them.
May 17, 6:38 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Pokitaru
@Zarutaku Man, I've been on the nostalgia train for the og RAC trilogy for a while now. I've been following a streamer who speedruns the game quite often, and it makes me very happy to see that this franchise not only is still alive, but the og games are still relevant.

The Starship Phoenix theme is a banger, easily one of my favorites as well. I don't know which one is my top favorite. It's very hard to choose between so many great soundtracks, but I'd say the Megacorp Store theme from Going Commando is definitely one of them.
@Pokitaru lol xem is still running? dude really found his life passion in these games, i liked when he started opera singing in one of his vids (I think it was him, not sure).
ZarutakuMay 17, 6:42 AM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is "English anime dub voice" a thing?

Anjuro - 3 hours ago

12 by IKKIsama »»
42 seconds ago

» Is It Okay to Watch Anime All Day?

RedTea33 - May 30

43 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
20 minutes ago

» Is the database algorithm fair?

Lucifrost - May 30

15 by katsucats »»
20 minutes ago

» A tone shift in anime that you didn't see coming

SmashBlack - Feb 19, 2021

36 by Rhae »»
24 minutes ago

» Exploring Taste Shaming

-Indra - May 30

36 by katsucats »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.