Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 24, 2023 7:03 PM
Aug 2020
i don't know if i want to cry or not, so much emotion, this was really more than just a fight between a son and his dad.

arigato...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 25, 2023 10:11 AM

Jun 2021
Liked the show from the very beginning. It was really awesome.

Can't believe that this is it and this is the end. Would be lying if I said I won't be missing this. To be more honest I will miss this very much. Unfortunately all good things must come to an end.
But they should extend the story a little more showing what happened after the fight in Baki's life, anyways it was heart touching.

[Ps: if you're really wondering what happened after the father-son fighting arc then read "Baki-Dou". It shows after the fighting arc, was written in 2014-2018. I don't think it will be animated so do give that a read.]
OP_RiderAug 25, 2023 10:40 AM
Yandere_@lover
Aug 25, 2023 2:00 PM

Sep 2017
OP_Rider said:

Can't believe that this is it and this is the end. Would be lying if I said I won't be missing this. To be more honest I will miss this very much. Unfortunately all good things must come to an end.
But they should extend the story a little more showing what happened after the fight in Baki's life, anyways it was heart touching.

[Ps: if you're really wondering what happened after the father-son fighting arc then read "Baki-Dou". It shows after the fighting arc, was written in 2014-2018. I don't think it will be animated so do give that a read.]
Why do you think that it won't be animated? 
Aug 25, 2023 4:49 PM

Apr 2010
From the views I've seen on YouTube I believe the show to be pretty popular. I wouldn't be surprised if they did Baki Dou because the whole thing could be done in a 24-26 episode season.
Aug 25, 2023 10:37 PM
Jul 2020
CritiasBG said:
OP_Rider said:

yeah it will be animated don't worry, most of the time tms entertainment studios don't leave their projects unfinished
Aug 26, 2023 6:02 AM
May 2022
the fight finally comes to an end. animation could've been better. but, i loved this season.
Aug 26, 2023 10:01 AM
Jul 2023
I'm surprised nobody's talking about the fnaf sound effect. My happy marriage did the same thing, also a netflix anime.
Aug 26, 2023 3:21 PM
Apr 2020
Literally peak anime fight, don't care what others say about this. Hanma Baki is easily the peak of all.
Aug 27, 2023 11:09 AM
Apr 2012
normal shonen: the bad guy destroy the protagonist, the protagonist training 2 weeks, they fight again and the protagonist wins.

baki: the bad guy destroy the protagonist, the protagonist training 5 years, they fight again, and the bad guy fuck him again lol
Aug 27, 2023 12:29 PM

Oct 2011
Balthier14 said:
normal shonen: the bad guy destroy the protagonist, the protagonist training 2 weeks, they fight again and the protagonist wins.

baki: the bad guy destroy the protagonist, the protagonist training 5 years, they fight again, and the bad guy fuck him again lol
Yeah, but beating Yujiro is Baki's ultimate goal. All the season have been building up to that. Once that happens, there's really not much else to tell.
Aug 27, 2023 3:25 PM

Dec 2015
after crazy fight for hours

Yujiro: wanna eat air?
Baki: sure, thanks dad

finished binge 13 episodes in one go, great adaptation 9/10 one of the best fight this year, i read the manga back in 2018 and now finally witness this goat fight in animation
can't wait for musashi arc in animation, hope it come out next year or maybe 2025
Aug 28, 2023 3:08 PM
May 2021
Damn this season was amazing!! What a fight!!!
Aug 28, 2023 3:38 PM

Jul 2021
it was a good season overall with a great ending fight the thing that disappoints me is the animation once you compare the anime to the manga you see the difference im not saying the anime needs to be spot on i just would have liked a little more detail but it was still worth the watch.

Aug 28, 2023 3:48 PM
Mar 2021
i feel weirdly satisfied and sad.
good.
Aug 28, 2023 9:13 PM

Jul 2013
As ridiculous as this is, it's still really goddamn entertaining. Eating air wtf lol

Aug 29, 2023 1:55 PM
Jan 2023
peakest of all time
Aug 29, 2023 11:26 PM
Jul 2014
CritiasBG said:
OP_Rider said:

All this project animation was to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the manga, and when all that started, Baki-Dou was in the middle of his serialization. I doubt that they had in mind to adapt until that point (i mean Baki-Dou), they probably wanted to adapt the original story, which covers the resolution of the primary history of the franchise (i mean, the fight between father an son)
Aug 30, 2023 2:00 PM
Jul 2021
am i the only one whos going to say it? the ending was super rushed, baki forever loses the ability to hear, and because of that, it also impairs his ability to fight permanently. any chance for season 3 is eliminated cause of the dummy who wrote the manga, cause there will be no dialogue. we can only hope for one of those legacy type continuation, like jojo
Aug 30, 2023 7:08 PM
Oct 2011
This was great, I never expected it to get this emotional.
Aug 30, 2023 9:38 PM

Aug 2013
I've been waiting for this fight as an anime only Baki fan since Baki the Grappler started airing on the Funimation channel in the early-mid 2000's. The fight itself was sensational imo. The conclusion threw me for a loop. In one fight they added a ton of depth to both Baki and Yujiro as characters. Unexpected ending, unconventional ending, but like after I let it sit and thought about it for a day I can say I'm actually rather happy with what we got. The Pickle arc's ending was trying to teach us that there are bigger victories in a fight than who is left standing. Baki humanized Yujiro, he imposed his will on the man that had never known submission to anything, he made a father out of Yujiro in one night so to speak and that's partly what beats him.

Even though Baki doesn't literally/physically defeat Yujiro, I understood why Yujiro admitted defeat at the end. The whole thing was extremely touching. Not perfect as it had that Itagaki "if I do/say confusing enough s*** maybe the audience won't be able to tell I'm bs'ing" but ultimately got the message.

And if it's any consolation to anyone that wanted a more literal defeat of Yujiro just acknowledge that Baki is 18 years old and is on the same tier as his father Yujiro Hanma where they fight each other on a leveled playing field and hit each other full force. He made The King bleed. He knocked the Ogre down multiple times. In 4 measly years Baki went from a peon that would never stand a chance against Yujiro to now being able to actually do all that to him in a fight plus take all the punishment he did and still get up and keep going. Moreover, at the end Baki didn't even stay knocked down for more than a few moments. That might not have even been a 10 count before he got up to do the imaginary dinner with dad. All this. at 18. In 4 years. How strong will Baki be in another 4 years? On top of winning in the ways that he did, even on the actual literal/physical level there's a lot to be said for him and I think Yujiro recognized all of that before he concedes to Baki.
Aug 30, 2023 9:40 PM

Aug 2013
Cl0wnHAHA said:
am i the only one whos going to say it? the ending was super rushed, baki forever loses the ability to hear, and because of that, it also impairs his ability to fight permanently. any chance for season 3 is eliminated cause of the dummy who wrote the manga, cause there will be no dialogue. we can only hope for one of those legacy type continuation, like jojo
This is Baki. People have recovered from worse. These characters' bodies border on superhuman at times. Plus there's Kureha who's like literally a miracle doctor who does the impossible. I doubt Baki is perma damaged moving forward. Historically, I'd say he'll probably rub some Neosporin on it and keep it moving.
Aug 31, 2023 8:37 AM

Oct 2016
does the victory of Retsu vs the champ happen of screen? im not sure if i somehow missed it since ive been kinda busy, but i feel like im missing a complete Retsu fight lmao

does it happen off-screen in the manga too?
Sep 1, 2023 11:21 PM
Aug 2020
great ending, looking forward for the next season
Sep 2, 2023 2:00 PM

Jul 2009
Way more entertaining than Ippo
🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸγ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸ¦γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ²γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³γ€€
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€Cursorγ€€Natureγ€€reserveγ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸ¦‹γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸ¦©γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸ•γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸγ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ²γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸ§γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³
πŸŒ³γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€πŸŒ³
🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳
Sep 3, 2023 2:13 PM

Aug 2012
That was beautiful.
I wonder if there will be another season :O
Sep 5, 2023 10:44 AM
May 2021
Really loved the conclusion to this Yujiro vs Baki arc πŸ”₯πŸ”₯. Kind of Emotional, Baki got the world's strongest titles handed to him by Yujiro, big feat! 9/10 , waiting for next season ❀
Sep 5, 2023 11:43 AM

Apr 2018
don't tell me this is the end i want five more season of this shit
Sep 6, 2023 7:10 AM

Nov 2012
baki is baki I guess. It ends with insane nonsensical shit, I guess the Baki Yujiro fight was okay, but defo didn't live up to the years of hype either. I wonder where the manga goes from here since I know it's ongoing. I wasn't really a fan of Pickle either after all that hype, and the Retsu boxing b plot sucked too. So overall actually one of the weakest Baki seasons imo, which is hilarious as its the one with the long awaited Yujiro fight.
still enjoyable, just generally a bit disappointing
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Sep 7, 2023 1:09 AM

May 2010
I am still confused as to why Retsu became a boxer and whatever happened to the five prisoners...?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 7, 2023 12:28 PM
Jan 2017
The best battle in the series felt soooo anticlimatic... not only Hanma's one, but even more de Retsu Kaioh's boxing debut... Long Live the Pickle
Sep 7, 2023 2:09 PM
Oct 2022
padre e hijo ya unidos
Sep 8, 2023 12:35 PM
May 2022
Reply to PrimeX
As ridiculous as this is, it's still really goddamn entertaining. Eating air wtf lol

@PrimeX My thoughts on this show exactly.
Sep 8, 2023 2:32 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to Confucius
I am still confused as to why Retsu became a boxer and whatever happened to the five prisoners...?
@Confucius (@JVskunkape also wanted to know in his previous ep comments)
Well this is just the ground work for Retsu's own spin off manga I think,this one. They wanted to make Retsu a MC but doing so it will collide with Baki so they moved Retsu to a platform where Baki won't go. So they isekaied him as well. This is the best explanation to it considering how weird Baki universe is!
Yandere_@lover
Sep 8, 2023 2:40 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to Cl0wnHAHA
@Cl0wnHAHA to your concern, don't worry even a little. Baki is 100% fine and kicking. Perhaps he is even More stronger now. Just read Baki-dou.
And about the continuation like jojo, I don't think Baki's going to have a kid anytime soon. (Though I don't know about the current release)
OP_RiderSep 8, 2023 2:53 PM
Yandere_@lover
Sep 8, 2023 5:08 PM
Aug 2022
OP_Rider said:

bro 2 sequel manga after father son fight has ended and 3rd on named Baki Rahen is already started on 24th August
Sep 8, 2023 11:51 PM

Jun 2021
@demonaman293 that I know, I just didn't fully started reading it yet.
Yandere_@lover
Sep 15, 2023 9:54 PM
Apr 2016
The buildup to that, everything leading up to it was so cool, Baki having these feelings and acting on them, the little get togethers with Yujiro, spending time, funny moments, it was all so wholesome, it ended so spectacularly. I don't know what I'm feeling right now but I know that it was absolutely amazing, what an end. I want more, I miss Baki already. It's so good, I love it. That was 10/10.
Sep 17, 2023 10:00 AM
Apr 2009
Sick, really enjoyed it. From the food, slowly showing Yujiros character development. And I also like that the MC actually loses in this shounen, that's rare.

The animation was..well, eh, but overall it was still great. Now to watch Jojo S6
Sep 17, 2023 3:31 PM
Apr 2020
the animation was meh but overall great season
Sep 21, 2023 2:48 AM

Dec 2015
It was great again. Lots of great moments. (The urban legend thing was fun - when people connected intos and "knew" it was that guys they read legends about lol.) In the end though I think I'd have liked a bit more variety. The main fight was a bit tooo long. And while initially I did not like the part with the boxing ... I'd have loved to see at least a bit from the other fight where they only showed (at least they did not forget about it totally) the press conference.

Stil an 8/10 - same as all the other seasons for me. Now moving to Kengan Ashura. Luckly I could finish Baki in time.
Sep 22, 2023 10:53 AM

Aug 2008
Reply to Confucius
@Confucius Retsu was salty from losing too much and went to EZ league to beat some nerds and show 5k years kung fu superiority
Sep 24, 2023 2:29 PM
Jul 2023
I <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 JACK HANMAAAA
Sep 30, 2023 8:45 AM

May 2020
another amazing season of baki
hopefully we get a season new season soon

Sep 30, 2023 1:44 PM
Jul 2022
That was strange imagining a table and soup

Weird way to end the fight

I still think Baki completely lost he's got a ways to go still
Oct 1, 2023 10:41 AM
Apr 2021
Everything i ever wanted
Oct 11, 2023 7:04 AM
πŸ₯Š CHAMPION πŸ₯Š

Apr 2016
A tofu soup to celebrate the end of the season!!!

7/10

kekeke
Oct 19, 2023 3:49 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Now that was a fight to witness. It was dumb, it was fun, was intense, it was entertaining.
And also, Retsu nonchalantly won the title. We need more!!!
Oct 24, 2023 4:40 AM

May 2018
Who would've thought that Yuujiro's weak point would be clownery. Baki outclowned him in his own pantomime lol.
The final handshake was awesome.

Nov 8, 2023 3:38 PM

Feb 2018
What a climax between Yujiro and Baki! Our boy lived enough to become the strongest! Such a fun watch! Can't wait for the next Baki season <3
Nov 19, 2023 3:33 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Finishing with a fake dinner, that was perfect lmao, Baki is the strongest man on earth and Yujiro won the fight, I think the real goal would be to be as strong as the grandfather, who is the strongest man ever, probably that he would have destroyed Pickle with one finger xD

I caught up with Baki since Baki the grappler 1st season, sad I'm already up to date :( I really hope for another season
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanma Baki: Son of Ogre 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion

OP_Rider - Jul 26, 2023

37 by OldSkoolBrayan »»
Apr 7, 7:30 PM

» baki manga vs anime

MrHiatus - Aug 7, 2023

4 by derpinat0rz »»
Apr 1, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Hanma Baki: Son of Ogre 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion

otakuweek - Aug 24, 2023

10 by ReddeluGuy »»
Mar 27, 6:04 PM

» what about the 5 prisoners???????????

NoblesseS - Aug 28, 2023

13 by NoblesseS »»
Feb 4, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Hanma Baki: Son of Ogre 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion

otakuweek - Aug 24, 2023

7 by Acradis »»
Jan 19, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.