Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 23, 2022 1:32 AM
Jan 2021
Pedophilia is wrong no matter what the gender is. Now in chainsaw man they clearly let us know that Denji is 16 years old. And immediately showed Himeno is suddenly into him when he said he is 16?? Also he's being kissed and asked to have sex by a women who's addicted to smoking and alcohol. We've seen more pedo scenes in anime like Monogatari and Mushoku tensei and we've got a sane reaction from the fans which is to be disgusted. But now people seemed to be enjoying this Himeno and Denji scene, cheering him to get laid. Even tho she gave him a barf kiss??๐Ÿคฎ do fans overlook this because of the gender or because this show has hype and they can't be bothered about a pedo scene?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 23, 2022 1:35 AM

Jan 2018
Check the definition of pedophilia before posting nonsense.
Nov 23, 2022 1:35 AM

Aug 2022
"himeno is sexy so it's fine. Makima is hot so it's fine" ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿค“
Nov 23, 2022 1:38 AM
Jan 2017
its Ephebophilia youre looking for not pedophilia ๐Ÿ‘
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Nov 23, 2022 1:40 AM
Jun 2012
"I wish that was me" is the correct response.
Nov 23, 2022 1:45 AM

Sep 2020
Most people are self-inserting themselves into these characters so they are already looking at it with rose-tinted specs. Honestly, I don't care for the "Denji is a virgin that wants to get laid hence he's a simp" storyline. Is it supposed to be some kind of running gag or is it something that defines his character? It would be a shame for him not to ever grow out of this phase.

"๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š."- ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Nov 23, 2022 1:48 AM
Sep 2021
The morning after himeno asks Denji if she did anything because she knows what kind of person she when drunk, makima just straight up grooms Denji and no normal person likes her.
Nov 23, 2022 1:52 AM
Apr 2021
16 isn’t pedo…
Nov 23, 2022 1:53 AM
Dec 2018
Or perhaps there is more to the implications of the sexual manipulations that are being shown in the show. Perhaps, and I know this probably sounds crazy to you, the writer is exploring this toxic and immoral type of relations between characters to make the readers/viewers come up with conclusions and make them think for once in their life about this type of complex topics. You may even say that a narrative is being made to explore and show the interactions between these unhealthy characters, as well as their growth. Pedophilia is wrong and unfortunately has been a big part of human society for ever. And since we've began to look at it in a more serious way in the recent centuries, it's been brushed under the rug as something bad that shouldn't be spoken of so it can stop happing. But this shit ain't fucking Voldemort and trying to treat is as the fucking corona virus won't magically make all pedophilia disappear. It's good to get deep into these types of scenarios, so that you can have a better understanding of the problem and I personally think it's better to explore these taboo and uncomfortable topics in fiction, rather than the newspapers or news outlets. It's completely normal for it to make you feel uncomfortable, since that is also what the writer wants you to feel.

P.S. - I hope you aren't religious, since half of the scripts in any religion are basically full blown pedophilia and rape, many times worse than what you are seeing in this show.
Nov 23, 2022 1:59 AM
Nov 2021
If it bothers you so much stop watching, and stop whining over animated drawings
Nov 23, 2022 2:02 AM
Dec 2019
Here we go again in the west being ignorant. Who wrote the story = a Japanese man. Who published the manga = a Japanese studio. Who is animating it = a Japanese studio. What is the age of consent in japan = 13. Yes we may think it’s wrong and immoral but that is 3 yrs above their consent laws so they don’t think it’s that odd more than likely. Keep your opinions to yourself if you won’t use common sense. Also ofc fan’s support it, lot of people see themselves in denji, or what they wish they could’ve had. It’s normal it happens in all animes. Stop using this as your delusional crybaby twitter blog posts
Nov 23, 2022 2:07 AM

Jul 2015
16 yo is the most common age of consent around the world.
I assume this projection is an admission of guilt?
Nice bait, but you failed.

Nov 23, 2022 2:08 AM
Mar 2021
Dazai2k said:
Pedophilia is wrong no matter what the gender is. Now in chainsaw man they clearly let us know that Denji is 16 years old. And immediately showed Himeno is suddenly into him when he said he is 16?? Also he's being kissed and asked to have sex by a women who's addicted to smoking and alcohol. We've seen more pedo scenes in anime like Monogatari and Mushoku tensei and we've got a sane reaction from the fans which is to be disgusted. But now people seemed to be enjoying this Himeno and Denji scene, cheering him to get laid. Even tho she gave him a barf kiss??๐Ÿคฎ do fans overlook this because of the gender or because this show has hype and they can't be bothered about a pedo scene?

Go and search the meaning of pedophilia first and denji didn't say that he is 16 he said that he "thinks" that he is 16 there's a difference between confirmation and whimsical thought.
Nov 23, 2022 2:26 AM
Jan 2022
fans overlook it because THEY DON'T CARE. its not real life, its a fucking anime. do you think any FPS shooters would be so enjoyable if you were forced to care for the fact that you're killing people? its a work of fiction, and clearly none of the characters care, so why should we? too many dumbasses floating around the anime community
Nov 23, 2022 2:45 AM

Aug 2017
Imagine caring when its fiction. The real question here is why you have only 1 forum post and your list is empty.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 23, 2022 2:55 AM

Sep 2020
Nice alt. Just go to twitter to complain. If you are getting triggered over fictional characters, anime may not be the best thing for you. Maybe try Paw Patrol. People your age love it!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2022 2:59 AM
Apr 2020
idk I mean Denji is actively chasing after women older than him anyway
Nov 23, 2022 3:08 AM

Feb 2019
My guy she’s not suddenly into him because he said he’s 16 ffs๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ shes was like that cos she was black out drunk. She’s into aki
Nov 23, 2022 3:08 AM
Nov 2021
Nurguburu said:
Imagine caring when its fiction. The real question here is why you have only 1 forum post and your list is empty.

Exactly, instead worrying about an animated drawing they should focus on themselves fr
Nov 23, 2022 3:13 AM

Oct 2016
Yeah, I don't care
Nov 23, 2022 3:15 AM

Aug 2022
No we don't ignore it. We just don't care.
Nov 23, 2022 3:20 AM
Jun 2021
1. We don’t find denji hot 2. He’s already been through puberty and has the proportions of a proper adult 3. The fanbase hates Himeno and makima with a passion for grooming denji
Nov 23, 2022 3:25 AM

Feb 2019
Belarabi said:
HoesEatinDogFood said:
My guy she’s not suddenly into him because he said he’s 16 ffs๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ shes was like that cos she was black out drunk. She’s into aki

damn, she into aki but will sleep with another person just fine

That’s what happens when you’re black out drunk. You cant control your self
Nov 23, 2022 3:33 AM
Apr 2022
HoesEatinDogFood said:
Belarabi said:

damn, she into aki but will sleep with another person just fine

That’s what happens when you’re black out drunk. You cant control your self

being drunk will show your true inner self, that means she still attracted to denji

besides when she was sober, she said she needs to get drunk cause she a bit embarrassed to kiss denji

i dont ship her with denji but im 100% sure she's not faithfull/loyal when it comes to romance relationship

that arai in bar saïd she literally french kissed every guy in table expect for aki ๐Ÿ˜‚
Nov 23, 2022 3:40 AM
Feb 2022
who cares ...
it's Frank who is pedo actually but no one cared and no one should care.....
Nov 23, 2022 4:03 AM
Mar 2021
it's genuinely so gross and it baffles me how many fans are not only okay with it but enjoy it. i wanted to like himeno :(
Nov 23, 2022 4:17 AM
Jan 2019
The fandom being annoying about it and cheering on it doesn't make the series pedo. Its a morally grey character who is doing something very wrong and unjustifiable due to being drunk, and the show doesn't try to say its ok by any means. Portraying something problematic in media doesnt equate to defending it.
Nov 23, 2022 4:25 AM
Aug 2021
In the UK 16 is the age of consent so wouldn't be pedophilia here. In Japan the national age of consent is 13 but there are Prefectual laws which change it, I think mostly to 16 so it's fine. It's just a few places like the US where concent is 18 where it's bad. In most of the world it's legally perfectly acceptable.
Nov 23, 2022 4:35 AM

Feb 2019
Belarabi said:
HoesEatinDogFood said:

He said she’s kissed everyone except for the rookies (arai and kobeni) so she’s kissed aki then. When it comes to getting drunk and about revealing your inner self that varies from person to person. For some it does for others it doesn’t it really depends tbh. I’m pretty sure she’s not attracted to denji. Some girls are just really touchy and flirty with people but actually have feelings for someone else, I’ve known girls like this.

idc if she kissed aki or not, she still not faithful in romantic relationship weither she sober or drunk

also you know girls liké this? naaah girls dont go around french kissing every guy in sight, if she likes aki, she would value herself to stay pure for aki and not go around kissing/sleeping with other guys as if its child game

she basically falls attracted to any guy who is good looking just liké slut, aki deserve way better

When I said I know girls like this I meant touchy/flirty, she French kissed him cos she said he would if he killed the devil. Also if denji hadn’t reminded her she wouldn’t of French kissed him. You can tell by her speech and body language. She doesn’t go sleeping with whoever she’s not that far gone. The main reason why Himeno acts the way she does is to deal with her trauma of losing her partners. It’s still bad yeah but she doesn’t do it just for the sake of it.
Nov 23, 2022 4:38 AM
Dec 2021
Dazai2k said:
I'm guessing you haven't read the manga. its not that its being overlooked just anyone who has read the manga understands why its there in full context of the story
Nov 23, 2022 4:44 AM

Aug 2017
capyccino said:
people on this site are straight up deranged. those are full grown women and a child, that isn't okay in the slightest. go outside

Ah yes, Demon Slayer showing Tanjiro's family including kids being explicitly dead in the first episode is perfectly ok to be shown in fiction but its wrong this kind of stuff for some reason in fiction.

>slaughter, killing, violence and gore in fiction: *i sleep*
>anything sex-related in fiction: *triggered*

I only see biased morals here.

There is a piece of life advice, step away from mal, go outside and touch some grass. While you are at it you might also realise reality and fiction aren't the same.

And then touch some more grass.

Edit: you rated Blend S 8/10 despite an adult character is doing the same to other "underage" character but used as a comedy gag several times, so what's the problem here?
NurguburuNov 23, 2022 5:00 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 23, 2022 4:46 AM
Oct 2018
Dazai2k said:

im perfectly ok with it.
Deathkiss498Nov 23, 2022 4:51 AM
Nov 23, 2022 4:49 AM

Jul 2015
capyccino said:
people on this site are straight up deranged. those are full grown women and a child, that isn't okay in the slightest. go outside

Denji is quite literally legal even in most US states.

Nov 23, 2022 5:04 AM
Jul 2015
It's an anime, I don't take anything seriously from it. As a concept of elder women and a child makes it weird and it made me feel weird as well, but they are just drawings at the end of the day, so who cares.
Nov 23, 2022 5:13 AM

Oct 2021
its csm, way more crazy shit later on
if it annoys you that much, just stop watching
no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to watch the weekly episodes
Nov 23, 2022 5:17 AM

Oct 2017
No one is a pedophile in the series….
Nov 23, 2022 5:18 AM

Jul 2015
GTRaijin said:
Jfs_ said:
*Grabs popcorn

This thread is about to get ugly and I'm gonna enjoy every page of it, we have had people arguing about CSM's CG and characters, And now we can see people arguing about pedo stuff :)

The pedo talk shit happened with Yofukashi no Uta as well. And I am not sure how and where do they even get these ideas from.

What makes it funnier is that Nozuna's age was not even mentioned in the anime, so those haters literally put effort and went out of their way to spoilers just to be offended. XD
PiromyslNov 23, 2022 5:21 AM

Nov 23, 2022 5:31 AM

Aug 2014
Piromysl said:
GTRaijin said:

The pedo talk shit happened with Yofukashi no Uta as well. And I am not sure how and where do they even get these ideas from.

What makes it funnier is that Nozuna's age was not even mentioned in the anime, so those haters literally put effort and went out of their way to spoilers just to be offended. XD

Exactly ;D They try so hard to prove something but the only thing they prove is that they need to go outside.
Nov 23, 2022 5:33 AM
Dec 2021
Dazai2k said:

wait till the next episode you'll understand what happens afterwards... they both were drunk
Nov 23, 2022 5:38 AM
May 2022
it's okay cuz he's the main character ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Nov 23, 2022 5:38 AM

May 2021
As some people said, Denji is 16 and that is legal in Japan, Denji isn't represented neither as some pedo appealing character like CGDCT or MiA type, Denji is also a male and that brings some universal differences when we talk about borderline predatory sexual conducts, specially when they are carried by a girl, you can say is good or bad but nonetheless that is how it is but the the thing that kills totally your point is that Denji is 16 and that is the legal consent age in Japan, your thread is most likely bait and you should stop watching CSM and keep watching your usual Disney/Pixar stuff. Btw, if you want to complain about pedophilistic traits in an anime, FLCL and MiA have good reasons to be criticized for that.
Nov 23, 2022 5:46 AM

Apr 2016
MordredEX said:
The fandom being annoying about it and cheering on it doesn't make the series pedo. Its a morally grey character who is doing something very wrong and unjustifiable due to being drunk, and the show doesn't try to say its ok by any means. Portraying something problematic in media doesnt equate to defending it.

It's glamorized in CSM, it's not portrayed neutrally at all. They put extra effort on the animation of Himeno flirting with Denji in bed to arouse boys and make them believe it's ok to be groomed by some 20+ woman.
This is what makes it weird. Why glamorize that??

Let's see how they would have reacted if it was a grown man grooming a younger boy -_-
Nov 23, 2022 5:48 AM
Jul 2014
Isn’t a defining factor of the show that Denji (unrealising) has no value in himself and he’s being manipulated by broken people? Am I overanalysing this? It isn’t meant to be gratifying. If anything, it’s meant to be uncomfortable to watch?
Nov 23, 2022 5:50 AM

Apr 2016
Nurguburu said:
Ah yes, Demon Slayer showing Tanjiro's family including kids being explicitly dead in the first episode is perfectly ok to be shown in fiction but its wrong this kind of stuff for some reason in fiction.

Dumb comparison.
Violence is not glamorized and portrayed as horrible in KNY
Pedo relationship is glamorized and portrayed as sexy in CSM

Huge difference.
Try again
Nov 23, 2022 5:54 AM
Jan 2019
Radical_Orion said:
MordredEX said:

It's glamorized in CSM, it's not portrayed neutrally at all. They put extra effort on the animation of Himeno flirting with Denji in bed to arouse boys and make them believe it's ok to be groomed by some 20+ woman.
This is what makes it weird. Why glamorize that??

Let's see how they would have reacted if it was a grown man grooming a younger boy -_-

It's shown from Denji's perspective, so of course its not gonna be neutral. We experience it through his eyes, full of expectation and hormones. He is under a plethora of sexual and social stimuli that warp his interpretation of the stuff happening to him. Its not the show doing a moral justification or statement on the matter, its just meant to be the subjective glamourisation that the character itself is making, being presented to us for immersion
Nov 23, 2022 6:15 AM

Apr 2016
MordredEX said:
It's shown from Denji's perspective, so of course its not gonna be neutral. We experience it through his eyes, full of expectation and hormones. He is under a plethora of sexual and social stimuli that warp his interpretation of the stuff happening to him. Its not the show doing a moral justification or statement on the matter, its just meant to be the subjective glamourisation that the character itself is making, being presented to us for immersion

Ok, makes sense. So the audience is supposed to be disturbed and not ok with it, right?
So why do we get insulted when pointing out the pedo aspect of some characters?
Because part of the audience is also glamorizing this kind of grooming, and justifying it! this is what I find weird, not the show or the manga itself
Nov 23, 2022 6:21 AM

May 2018
Yep.
When I was a kid (male), if you scored with an older chick, you were a legend.
If the opposite, it was gross.

I think most call it Culture Appropriation.
... Which is different now since the USA praises SJW/LGBT Twitter Users as our new gods...
Its literally the opposite from the PEAK 90s.
Nov 23, 2022 6:33 AM
Aug 2022
Nurguburu said:
capyccino said:

There is a piece of life advice, step away from mal, go outside and touch some grass. While you are at it you might also realise reality and fiction aren't the same.

And then touch some more grass.

Edit: you rated Blend S 8/10 despite an adult character is doing the same to other "underage" character but used as a comedy gag several times, so what's the problem here?
this is hands down the dumbest counter argument I've read in a long time
Nov 23, 2022 6:38 AM
Jan 2019
Radical_Orion said:
MordredEX said:

Ok, makes sense. So the audience is supposed to be disturbed and not ok with it, right?
So why do we get insulted when pointing out the pedo aspect of some characters?
Because part of the audience is also glamorizing this kind of grooming, and justifying it! this is what I find weird, not the show or the manga itself
yeah I totally agree its wrong of some parts of the audience to romanticize clearly fucked up behaviour, and its good to call out such interpretations as both harmful and annoying.
its great discussion to point out how hypocritical is it of the community to glamourise attempted abuse of a minor because the culprit is a hot woman.

what i disagree with is extending that judgement to the show itself, since i think its a very dangerous line of thought to equate portrayal of morally bad behaviour with defense or justification of said bad behaviour by the artist, but i see we agree on this regard

i would have worded the original post a bit differently, because the way its formulated implies the show itself is pedophilic in nature, but I don't particularly think OP deserves tp be insulted or made fun of for that:

my two cents on the matter are in conclusion:

1. the glamourisation and romantization of Himeno's flirting is Denji's subjective experience of the events, but we are not supposed to feel the same way. CSM has made it clear this is a naive, emotionally broken and stunted kid who is very vulnerable to kindness of any form

2. if people misinterpret this as just fanservice (there is some element of it but its not the message of it), its not a failure on behalf of the show. any good, genuine work of art that doesnt spoonfeed its intentions runs the risk of being misunderstood or interpreted jn a harmful way, but that fault lies on the viewer

3. while Himeno's behaviour in this instance is inexcusable and indisputably bad, i think viewing her as an unambiguously evil and degenerate character is both unbalanced and unfair. shes a morally grey, nuanced character who does some beautiful things and some really ugly things, because she is also broken, traumatised and vulnerable. thats what makes her interesting. in the same line of thought, its ok to like her as a character and find her interesting in the realm of fiction, as long as there is no romantization of her actions. neither her nor the fans of her, should be cancelled pointlessly.
Nov 23, 2022 6:49 AM

Mar 2021
I love these little arguments I'm seeing in this thread. ๐Ÿท๐Ÿง
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who else thinks Ryu Nakayama did an amazing job with Chainsaw Man S1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 8

47 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Yesterday, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1017 by RafaKojiro »»
Jun 6, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

993 by Coinos »»
Jun 2, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

389 by KediTime12 »»
Jun 2, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1142 by ssjzachary »»
May 29, 4:35 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.