Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 28, 2021 11:27 AM
Jun 2019
Let me start of saying, that I understand that any criticism of this show instantly makes you a "crybaby", and a "snowflake", and I would also like to say that Ive seen plenty of ugly bast**** 18+ anime, however none of these shows have made me feel as uncomfortable as this show.
Its weird that rudeus is generally a likeable intelligent character, and had potential to be one of the better isekai protagonists. However i cant help to feel that rudeus has sociopathic tendencies. When rudeus took off slyviette clothing, i found it uncomfortable but i felt by the end, he had learned his lesson, however he does the same thing again to red head tsundere which shows that he in fact didn't was borderline about to rap**** her. Which makes it weirder to me, is that he showed no remorse and only regretted being found out instead of the action of stripping her. In the latest ep a similar scenario happens, he was prepared to have sex with her. At the surface is doesnt seem weird however rudeus is shown to be very emotionally intelligent, and logics that she is there because her father told to be there. Knowing this information, that was essentially forced by her family to be with rudeus and yet he still makes advances on her, makes me uncomfortable as rudeus understands what hes doing is wrong but still does it. The guy is literally a sociopath.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2021 11:36 AM
Aug 2011
Himeee03 said:
Let me start of saying, that I understand that any criticism of this show instantly makes you a "crybaby", and a "snowflake", and I would also like to say that Ive seen plenty of ugly bast**** 18+ anime, however none of these shows have made me feel as uncomfortable as this show.
Its weird that rudeus is generally a likeable intelligent character, and had potential to be one of the better isekai protagonists. However i cant help to feel that rudeus has sociopathic tendencies. When rudeus took off slyviette clothing, i found it uncomfortable but i felt by the end, he had learned his lesson, however he does the same thing again to red head tsundere which shows that he in fact didn't was borderline about to rap**** her. Which makes it weirder to me, is that he showed no remorse and only regretted being found out instead of the action of stripping her. In the latest ep a similar scenario happens, he was prepared to have sex with her. At the surface is doesnt seem weird however rudeus is shown to be very emotionally intelligent, and logics that she is there because her father told to be there. Knowing this information, that was essentially forced by her family to be with rudeus and yet he still makes advances on her, makes me uncomfortable as rudeus understands what hes doing is wrong but still does it. The guy is literally a sociopath.

I get what you're saying as i've felt uncomfortable myself on a few occassions, but arguably your last few sentences which describe todays episode are a bit incorrect. I mean it's very hard to not notice that Eris started to get fond of him few episodes ago. And the way she acted this episode is clear that she's even fine marrying him eventually. Like when they mentioned marriage first she didn't deny anything just said it's too early. The dirty stuff at such young age is a bit uncomfortable, but this particular one wasn't that big of a deal, after all Eris does seem somewhat okay with it.

One main thing a lot of people are forgetting is that it's a story about fantasy world. This is not bound by the same rules that you live in your real life, for gods sake Paul is having children with two different women in their household. There's hundreds of old-fashion rules from middle ages in this series.
Feb 28, 2021 11:39 AM
Dec 2017
Himeee03 said:

Hasn't the same thread title been made before?
Feb 28, 2021 11:40 AM

Nov 2019
Wasn't there a new rule banning the talk of this stuff?
Feb 28, 2021 11:41 AM
May 2020
Sociopathic? He took off sylviettes clothing because he thought he was a boy? And then he apologised and explained that in the same episode?

And rape? He literally joked to eris by saying he was gonna do perverted things to her and she said just a little bit is fine, and then when he pushed his luck he got beaten up and he apologised, and Eris said we can do it in 5 years time. Is he perverted yes, sociopathic is a stretch imo
Feb 28, 2021 11:45 AM

Feb 2016
Himeee03 said:

rape her ? her father offered her to him. she offered herself to him as a birthday gift how is it raped ? isnt definition of rape "unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim" ?
also noone is saying he is perfect or that things he is doing are right. World isnt always perfect and beautiful. And also this anime is situated in 14th century so i guess things like that were considered normal back then (being sexually active in younger age)
Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Feb 28, 2021 11:45 AM
Aug 2020
Yes we do.. So what? Im a enjoyer
Feb 28, 2021 11:46 AM

Jun 2019
I wouldn’t call him a sociopath, but I do agree that his perversion is a huge character flaw and I think we are supposed to dislike that part of him.

Whenever Rudeus tries to do that groping, molesting, perverted shit he usually pays a price for it (often in the form of Eris beating the shit out of him). That shows that the anime is at least commentating that this is despicable behavior.

Similarly, this applies the world in general. There are norms that would be completely unacceptable in today’s society and it is sometimes too much for even Rudy (him declining Eris’s dad’s offer is such an example). It never seems like the anime idealizes these norms or Rudy’s perversion, but rather depicting them in a realistic sense of a medieval fantasy world.

That being said, I do think they take things too far with Rudy’s perversion. If they want us to know and criticize him for being a pervert, they could just show him having the thoughts about doing the things he does instead of actually doing them. This way, we would understand that he is deeply flawed and not have to actually see him do the disgusting acts.
Feb 28, 2021 11:50 AM
Oct 2015
Isn't that kind of the point tho? Before getting isekai'd, he was relentlessly bullied and lived a shut-in life. It is pretty safe to say he may have developed sociopathic and anti-social tendencies 'cause of that. He even himself said in the last episode that maybe real life girls arent like in the dating sims (nv) so he probably has a twisted view of how to communicate with people from the opposite sex. Imo in terms of emotional intelligence from a social skills standpoint, his age is close to 10-13 years old.

Rudeus is perverse and I dont think it's a good reason to drop the show, but i wouldnt blame anyone for doing so
Feb 28, 2021 11:55 AM
Apr 2019
It's funny that they didn't even bother to analyze and investigate, and find out what the medieval era really was like in real life, as it literally was, they hope. Life was not more than 40, so at 15 you were already an adult and they made you marry at an early age. They complain that we unjustifiably call "snowflakes" those who complain about having these kinds of scenes with lolis and you don't even know what the time was like. In short, he cries out their complaints and how this generation of crystal feels offended. Although one thing is not to like and another to offend you. If you don't like it, then great you are in your right, but feeling "offended" only shows how foolish and innocent they are. And about rudeus if you want it to evolve super fast to the point that it does not make sense, well, you must like badly developed cliche characters and without evolution a lot.
Feb 28, 2021 11:56 AM

Oct 2017
Nobody970 said:
Isn't that kind of the point tho? Before getting isekai'd, he was relentlessly bullied and lived a shut-in life. It is pretty safe to say he may have developed sociopathic and anti-social tendencies 'cause of that. He even himself said in the last episode that maybe real life girls arent like in the dating sims (nv) so he probably has a twisted view of how to communicate with people from the opposite sex. Imo in terms of emotional intelligence from a social skills standpoint, his age is close to 10-13 years old.

Rudeus is perverse and I dont think it's a good reason to drop the show, but i wouldnt blame anyone for doing so

Basically this.
For me the point of the story is to show how a piece of shit can become a good person, but obviously it doesn't happen overnight so it is likely that he has a character development as the story progresses.
Feb 28, 2021 12:07 PM

Jul 2020

When the mc is canonically confirmed a pedophile in the WN

Feb 28, 2021 12:09 PM

Feb 2016
IPFdomain said:

What does WN stands for ?
Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Feb 28, 2021 12:13 PM
Dec 2020
I don’t like what happened at the night of Rudy’s Bday I think it was stupid and the way the parents were trying to get Rudy to marry eris. ABC his actions were actually disappointing, even though I expected that I still didn’t like that he acted the way he did
Feb 28, 2021 12:14 PM

Nov 2013
I was actually surprised with Eris mentioning the age of 15. I legit thought there was no understanding of age of consent in this world. People defending mc is yet again ridiculous. "She offered herself so it shouldn't be a problem". She's a kid, remember? Did it never cross your mind that she may be doing this because she was told that's how she should behave? Eris has a degenerate father, but even he (or the mother) must have told her just how much action is ok at her age. I genuinely felt sorry for Eris. She allowed Rudy to touch her since she naively believes that's how a girl should act to be appreciated and that's how she should express her thanks.
Feb 28, 2021 12:15 PM

Nov 2019
L0sMichal0s said:
IPFdomain said:

What does WN stands for ?
It stands for webnovel and ln stands for light novel
Feb 28, 2021 12:15 PM
Feb 2021
I can totally do without the loli stuff, but he's not a sociopath.

Roxy is cool chick who seems older than her physical appearance, but I'm still not down with her being a loli. They couldn't make her 16+ (to start out when he's 6) so they can still have the learning together vibe (and have her have a real woman's body)?

I think I actually like Ghislaine more just because she's an adult woman, even though her character is kinda standard issue.
Feb 28, 2021 12:17 PM

Jul 2019
L0sMichal0s said:
rape her ? her father offered her to him. she offered herself to him as a birthday gift how is it raped ? isnt definition of rape "unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim" ?

Yes you are right in your definition of rape. But you also forget that underage people are incapable of giving consent. Which is why even consensual sex with a minor is considered rape in the form of statutory rape. He's an adult, he's fully capable of understanding that she's at an age where she can't consent. But he just simply doesn't care. Because he's into that. He even have thoughts about how he's gonna groom her.
Subarashii
Feb 28, 2021 12:19 PM

Nov 2013
coolshit69 said:

Hasn't the same thread title been made before?
Similar threads had been made multiple times.

Himeee03 said:

1) That is not what "sociopath" means.

2) So what weirds you out is that a character has both good and bad qualities? I would recommend reading/watching more fiction that doesn't have only black and white characters, this really isn't something that should baffle you so much.

Avicebrons said:
But you also forget that underage people are incapable of giving consent.
Just to get into technicalities, the setting quite implies that the concept of "underage" in this fictional world is not what you might be imagining if you're applying the "18+" mentality.
abystoma2Feb 28, 2021 12:25 PM
You all need to watch Nami.

Feb 28, 2021 12:22 PM
May 2020
Rudeus literally shields Eris at the end of the episode and eris clearly states that she is keen to marry rudeus and have sex with him in the future, as well as the fact that when he overstepped her boundaries he apologised and she wasn’t mad in the slightest. But ofc all people want to do is look at the character flaws instead of just appreciating the show in general.
Feb 28, 2021 12:23 PM

Feb 2016
Avicebrons said:
L0sMichal0s said:

Yes you are right in your definition of rape. But you also forget that underage people are incapable of giving consent. Which is why even consensual sex with a minor is considered rape in the form of statutory rape. He's an adult, he's fully capable of understanding that she's at an age where she can't consent. But he just simply doesn't care. Because he's into that. He even have thoughts about how he's gonna groom her.

How do you prove some dude in his 30s got reincarnated into newborn baby and that he is actually not 10 but over 40 ? you cant and he is younger than her in "real" life now but yeah i understand what you mean dont worry
Feb 28, 2021 12:27 PM

Nov 2013
L0sMichal0s said:

How do you prove some dude in his 30s got reincarnated into newborn baby and that he is actually not 10 but over 40 ?
By reading his character entry on this site.

Feb 28, 2021 12:28 PM

Feb 2016
abystoma2 said:
L0sMichal0s said:

How do you prove some dude in his 30s got reincarnated into newborn baby and that he is actually not 10 but over 40 ?

in real life you cant accuse a 10y.o boy being a pedo for liking 12y.o girl
Feb 28, 2021 12:32 PM
Dec 2018
L0sMichal0s said:

Will this weak excuse ever die? LMAO. Do you need the author himself to literally tell that to you? In that case, here is your answer.

AceRoyale said:
I really dont get why people love to state their opinions on everything. If you are uncomfortable if you dont like whats going on just close the video logout of the forum and never look back why are you writing essay about it copy and pasting the same comment in other threads?

^ fixed it for you.
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Feb 28, 2021 12:37 PM

Feb 2016
skysurf said:
L0sMichal0s said:

Will this weak excuse ever die? LMAO. Do you need the author himself to literally tell that to you? In that case, here is your answer.

AceRoyale said:
I really dont get why people love to state their opinions on everything. If you are uncomfortable if you dont like whats going on just close the video logout of the forum and never look back why are you writing essay about it copy and pasting the same comment in other threads?

^ fixed it for you.

i said he is mentally that old but you cant possibly prove it irl
im not defending him im just saying we all get it we dont need 10 threats everyday and multiple comments on every single ep discussion
its medieval era and things were different back then anyways so todays SJW snowflake movements dont apply here
Feb 28, 2021 12:38 PM

Jul 2019
L0sMichal0s said:
Avicebrons said:

How do you prove some dude in his 30s got reincarnated into newborn baby and that he is actually not 10 but over 40 ? you cant and he is younger than her in "real" life now but yeah i understand what you mean dont worry

Well you can't really. And that's why it's so split. Some people think he's a child and other an adult. Neither are really wrong and neither are really right. But that's at least why some consider it rape despite any consent that was given.
Subarashii
Feb 28, 2021 12:47 PM
May 2020
Am very curious. If rudeus shouldn't be feeling any sexual attraction towards eris due to his 'mental age', does that mean that everyone would be okay with him having sex with one of the maids for example, despite having the physical age of 10? Would the maids be called pedophiles for sleeping with a 10 year old even though his mental age is the same as theirs??
Feb 28, 2021 12:53 PM

Nov 2013
L0sMichal0s said:
abystoma2 said:

in real life you cant accuse a 10y.o boy being a pedo for liking 12y.o girl
You do realize we aren't talking about real life, in which magic and reincarnation doesn't exist, right?

Feb 28, 2021 12:53 PM

Jan 2021
Simple solution. stop whining about things happening in a fictional story and don't watch it.
Feb 28, 2021 12:57 PM
Dec 2018
juniorrrbello said:
Am very curious. If rudeus shouldn't be feeling any sexual attraction towards eris due to his 'mental age', does that mean that everyone would be okay with him having sex with one of the maids for example, despite having the physical age of 10?

That's the only alternative you can think of when writing a reincarnation adventure story?... Do you really need to have any kind of children having sex somehow for the story to make sense? Disappointed.
Feb 28, 2021 12:57 PM

Jul 2019
abystoma2 said:
Just to get into technicalities, the setting quite implies that the concept of "underage" in this fictional world is not what you might be imagining if you're applying the "18+" mentality.

Yeah but that's also not the point. Because Rudy is from our world. So he has the knowledge about what consent is, what a minor is and how a minor is incapable of giving consent. So it doesn't really matter what the setting is. If anything, that makes it all the worse. Because the setting allows for him to be a creep with little to no repercussion. Where he can do stuff he himself knows he wouldn't be able to do in his own world.
Subarashii
Feb 28, 2021 1:06 PM
Aug 2015
Avicebrons said:
abystoma2 said:

Yeah but that's also not the point. Because Rudy is from our world. So he has the knowledge about what consent is, what a minor is and how a minor is incapable of giving consent. So it doesn't really matter what the setting is. If anything, that makes it all the worse. Because the setting allows for him to be a creep with little to no repercussion. Where he can do stuff he himself knows he wouldn't be able to do in his own world.

umm, just to be clear, wasnt he pretty much made to be a scum of the earth in previous episodes.

so why is there an expectation of model citizen behavior? also didnt he ask for consent in this ep? were the translations wrong?
Nagatsuki Tappei (ReZero): It goes without saying that "Mushoku Tensei" is interesting, but first of all, it's amazing that you were able to depict the life of one character, Rudy. People say that "CLANNAD" is life, but for me, "Mushoku Tensei" is life
Feb 28, 2021 1:06 PM
May 2020
skysurf said:
juniorrrbello said:
Am very curious. If rudeus shouldn't be feeling any sexual attraction towards eris due to his 'mental age', does that mean that everyone would be okay with him having sex with one of the maids for example, despite having the physical age of 10?

That's the only alternative you can think of when writing a reincarnation adventure story?... Do you really need to have any kind of children having sex somehow for the story to make sense? Disappointed.

If rudeus is a child then surely this isn't pedophilia? Listen idc about whatever rudeus does, the whole reason I asked this question is because people are hung up on this false idea of a 'mental age' which is a completely fictional concept, as is reincarnation.

I don't want to see rudeus bang a maid, I am just asking if it is more acceptable for him to be sexually attracted to eris who is around the same physical age as him, or one of the maids who are around the same mental age.
Feb 28, 2021 1:16 PM

Dec 2017
Himeee03 said:

just for some clarity, "When rudeus took off slyviette clothing, i found it uncomfortable but i felt by the end, he had learned his lesson"
It is messed up by all means but it isnt meant to be taken as a "sexual predator" thing, he thought sylvie was a guy, of course its still messed up.
"he does the same thing again to red head tsundere which shows that he in fact didn't was borderline about to rap**** her"
I would argue that he wasnt about to try to rap* her, but just to steal her pan*ies, he has a weird obsession with pan*ies, it doesnt make it any less messed up tho and this act is actual sexual abuse, I doubt anyone would try to defend it and its entirely reasonable for you to feel uncomfortable watching these 2 scenes, it would be weird if you didnt... im just clearing some stuff up.
I havent watched the latest episode but this "however rudeus is shown to be very emotionally intelligent" is kinda wrong, he is emotionally unstable for the first few episodes and down the line

A Wise Man Once Said: #(%!*@)+$&

Jul 2019
rdturbo said:
umm, just to be clear, wasnt he pretty much made to be a scum of the earth in previous episodes.

so why is there an expectation of model citizen behavior? also didnt he ask for consent in this ep? were the translations wrong?

Yes, he's objectively scum of the earth. The problem here is that many of the heinous things he does is portrayed in a comedy/light hearted sense. And they don't really address it. So the anime is conveying his act extremely poorly.

PancakeVestige said:
There is an instance where this is somewhat explained in the light volume.

I'm merely talking about what the anime has actually shown us. If it's 100% clear in the novel, then that simply means that the anime is poorly adapted. Cause it's up to them to portray these things properly.
Subarashii

May 2015
I still don't know what to feel about Rudy. I also feel uncomfortable with some of the scenes he's on, but everyone who critizices him only seem to see his flaws and forget his possitive influences in the other characters.

I don't like any of the scenes where he molests Eris and I don't think we're supposed to like that part of him, but the point of this show is that it's a redemption story. If Rudy was instantly a saint after being reincarnated, where's the story? Where's the development? He can't just turn 20+ years of having a disgusting personality and just do a coin flip, the human brain only works like that on the typical bland harem isekai protagonist.

We're already 8 episodes into the story. I get that Rudy's ugly perviness ruin the amazing parts of the story for some people, but I think that this is a bit like Goblin Slayer's case. That part of him is not likely to change soon, maybe ever, so if you hate it so much that it ruins your experience it's better to just drop the show in my opinion
Feb 28, 2021 1:25 PM
Dec 2018
juniorrrbello said:
skysurf said:

If rudeus is a child then surely this isn't pedophilia? Listen idc about whatever rudeus does, the whole reason I asked this question is because people are hung up on this false idea of a 'mental age' which is a completely fictional concept, as is reincarnation.

I don't want to see rudeus bang a maid, I am just asking if it is more acceptable for him to be sexually attracted to eris who is around the same physical age as him, or one of the maids who are around the same mental age.

Exactly, when you're watching a fantasy story you need to depend on what the author conveys through the story elements. You cannot go against that and come up with your own FAN FICTION. The only reason some people want to ignore the "adult mind" is to say exactly what you said: "this is not pedo", but unfortunately for you, "adult mind in the body of a child" is the very basic concept of this show. If you want to see a bit better explanation, check this one as an example.

And stop asking about "then who he should have sex with"... lol, infinite possibilities if you're imagining alternative settings but seems like in all of them you want the story to focus on him having sex at early body age.. can't you imagine any setting without this? like for example having epic adventures and letting his body at least reach puberty instead of going for children? was just an example.. you get the point.

The thing is that having all the pedo stuff has tainted this show dragging it down because I don't think anyone can say that such stuff gives any value to the story. In fact, in goes against the supposed "redemption" that the MC promised early in the show.
Feb 28, 2021 1:25 PM
Aug 2015
Avicebrons said:
rdturbo said:

Yes, he's objectively scum of the earth. The problem here is that many of the heinous things he does is portrayed in a comedy/light hearted sense. And they don't really address it. So the anime is conveying his act extremely poorly.

PancakeVestige said:
There is an instance where this is somewhat explained in the light volume.

I'm merely talking about what the anime has actually shown us. If it's 100% clear in the novel, then that simply means that the anime is poorly adapted. Cause it's up to them to portray these things properly.

I felt the same when I was reading the novels, especially vol1 and vol2, but after vol 3 starts, that is the next ep, the story changes drastically. I dont remember everything, but the pervy stuff stops for a while and especially during the depression arc, he doesnt even think about it. That really changes his attitude about sex. And after that, all the pervy stuff is done with people who consent to it or want him to do it but thats way down the line
Nagatsuki Tappei (ReZero): It goes without saying that "Mushoku Tensei" is interesting, but first of all, it's amazing that you were able to depict the life of one character, Rudy. People say that "CLANNAD" is life, but for me, "Mushoku Tensei" is life
Feb 28, 2021 1:35 PM

Mar 2011
Himeee03 said:

Do we watch the same show?
1. Sylphiette
He didn't know she was a girl. Wasn't that obvious enough?

2. Playfully trying to unpanty the insane tsundere
As revenge. Nothing serious, just dumb fun.

3. latest episode

Rudeus did nothing wrong. (apart from forgetting about Sylphie for a moment after)
Feb 28, 2021 1:48 PM

Apr 2014
Himeee03 said:

While I do agree that it is uncomfortable at times but I'll just chalk it up that Rudeus Greyrat is an Otaku degenerate first and foremost.
This character grows as a person as he ages, The difference between his kid self and when he's an adult is night and day. This is my gripes about the series as well but after finishing the story and I would just say it would all makes perfect sense by the end.

Feb 28, 2021 1:50 PM
May 2020
Everyone here defending the anime, a couple of things. These are the middle ages but guess what, Rudeus is from the real fucking world so this point doesn't make any sense. Also, to those people saying people who dislike Rudeus are snowflakes because in fiction people aren't always black and white. I would agree to that, if not for the fact does not takes these scnes seriously. If the show really wanted to show that Rudeus is a piece of shit, a grey character, it wouldn't be panning up 10-year-old bodies and playing quirky music on top. This show is good in so many ways but this is an inherent flaw of the anime.
Feb 28, 2021 1:52 PM
May 2020
Genjurooo said:
Himeee03 said:

Do we watch the same show?
1. Sylphiette
He didn't know she was a girl. Wasn't that obvious enough?

2. Playfully trying to unpanty the insane tsundere
As revenge. Nothing serious, just dumb fun.

3. latest episode

Rudeus did nothing wrong. (apart from forgetting about Sylphie for a moment after)

Yeah, a man grooming a ten year old is perfectly fine. Of course kids can give consent.
Feb 28, 2021 1:56 PM

Jan 2009
historically its accurate though

In medieval Europe, Gratian, the influential founder of Canon law in the twelfth century, accepted the traditional age of puberty for marriage (between 12 and 14) but he also said consent was "meaningful" if the children were older than seven. Some authorities said consent could take place earlier. https://www.encyclopedia.com/social-sciences-and-law/law/law/age-consent

but ye they do not have to erotically animate his pedo scenes for sure

Japan is just so obsessed with youth so its a Cultural Conflict between the west and Japan
Feb 28, 2021 2:06 PM
Dec 2018
PancakeVestige said:
One thing I don't get is, why not view Rudeous as an evil/bad protagonist? I remember there was post comparing him to Light from Death Note (something to that effect). Would that make it better for enjoyment?

Good comparison. You don't see Light killing people as cheap comedy gags. That kind of shows that explore topics such as questioning the viewer on what's wrong and what's right take those themes in a intelligent manner.

But in this show, I don't think anyone is conflicted about whether Rudeus sexually harassing children is something right or wrong, and on top of that, it's shown as supposedly comedy gags, so it's impossible to take it as a "interesting morally gray character". That's why some people share the view that this reads as wish fulfillment story when you think about the kind of dreams that are becoming true for the MC.

deg said:
Japan is just so obsessed with youth so its a Cultural Conflict between the west and Japan

Japan is not only what you see in anime. The whole country is not "obsessed with youth". Children sexual abuse happens all around the world, this is not "west vs east". Even in Japan you see they try to take action against those creepers that molest school girls in trains.

Genjurooo said:
Rudeus did nothing wrong.

Feb 28, 2021 2:10 PM

Jan 2009
skysurf said:

deg said:

Japan is not only what you see in anime. The whole country is not "obsessed with youth". Children sexual abuse happens all around the world, this is not "west vs east". Even in Japan you see they try to take action against those creepers that molest school girls in trains.

sure but you cannot deny anime got a lolicon problem or even teenage girls being sexualize problem in anime, manga and light novels there in Japan

or maybe they are just forgiving more about it like how the public there forgives pedo authors like the Rurouni Kenshin and Act Age manga authors
Feb 28, 2021 2:13 PM

Mar 2011
Avicebrons said:

Because Rudy is from our world. So he has the knowledge about what consent is, what a minor is and how a minor is incapable of giving consent.

ElGuanchetas said:
Yeah, a man grooming a ten year old is perfectly fine. Of course kids can give consent.

What is this mantra? They obviously can. It's just that the modern world doesn't recognize it (unless it is about sex change lol).
I somehow doubt Rudeus thinks fondly of the modern world and its modern religion.
Feb 28, 2021 2:18 PM
Dec 2018
deg said:
skysurf said:

sure but you cannot deny anime got a lolicon problem or even teenage girls being sexualize problem in anime, manga and light novels there in Japan

or maybe they are just forgiving more about it like how the public there forgives pedo authors like the Rurouni Kenshin and Act Age manga authors

of course, I agree, there clearly is a problem in certain circles of the otaku world, I was just clarifying that implying things like "Japan is ok with this" is overgeneralizing.

There's a reason why Japanese diehard lolicon otaku usually keep that stuff for themselves...
Feb 28, 2021 2:24 PM

Jan 2009
skysurf said:
deg said:

of course, I agree, there clearly is a problem in certain circles of the otaku world, I was just clarifying that implying things like "Japan is ok with this" is overgeneralizing.

There's a reason why Japanese diehard lolicon otaku usually keep that stuff for themselves...

cultures are not a hive mind anyway its just the social norm

Is Japan turning a blind eye to paedophilia?
Another customer tells Stacey, “the age gap thing for some people is off-putting but, in Japan, maybe it’s our culture - our attitude is quite different”.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/57eaaf23-0cef-48c8-961f-41f2563b38aa

lets not forget about the sex culture there in japan too

sure sexual assault is problematic in japan but that is because of lack of consent right
Feb 28, 2021 2:35 PM

Aug 2017
Alphaz said:
Himeee03 said:

I get what you're saying as i've felt uncomfortable myself on a few occassions, but arguably your last few sentences which describe todays episode are a bit incorrect. I mean it's very hard to not notice that Eris started to get fond of him few episodes ago. And the way she acted this episode is clear that she's even fine marrying him eventually. Like when they mentioned marriage first she didn't deny anything just said it's too early. The dirty stuff at such young age is a bit uncomfortable, but this particular one wasn't that big of a deal, after all Eris does seem somewhat okay with it.

One main thing a lot of people are forgetting is that it's a story about fantasy world. This is not bound by the same rules that you live in your real life, for gods sake Paul is having children with two different women in their household. There's hundreds of old-fashion rules from middle ages in this series.

Yes indeed it's a world with different rules, what he tried to do isn't illegal or even morally wrong from that world's perspective per say, however 1 Rudeus has the mind of an adult and that makes the situation a little more uncomfortable and 2 Scenes like this break the flow of an otherwise amazing show imo. I feel it goes a tad bit far, and that makes it hard to recommend it to my friends. I would be much happier if they kept the lewd scenes for Ghisglaine and the other adult characters. Edit: Try showing this clip to someone who is not familiar with anime and see their reaction.
DoibenFeb 28, 2021 2:41 PM
"Hololive was a mistake" -HaYagoo Miyazaki

Feb 28, 2021 2:42 PM
May 2020
Genjurooo said:
Avicebrons said:

Because Rudy is from our world. So he has the knowledge about what consent is, what a minor is and how a minor is incapable of giving consent.

ElGuanchetas said:

What is this mantra? They obviously can. It's just that the modern world doesn't recognize it (unless it is about sex change lol).
I somehow doubt Rudeus thinks fondly of the modern world and its modern religion.

Are you a troll or are you defending having sex with children?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2021

298 by Kkkkkkazu »»
Jun 2, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

470 by PEEWEEjames »»
May 24, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

274 by Helzzz »»
May 19, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

298 by Bruh69XD »»
May 17, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

414 by MRP044 »»
May 13, 9:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.