Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 2, 2017 3:31 AM

Jun 2015
This is so disappointing compared to the ova and movie. I currently have watched 3 episodes and I don't really like it. The movies I loved and had less bullshit in it. The fact that the show isn't taking itself or the plot serious is the problem. It feels more like a comedy/sol

What do you think?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 2, 2017 3:49 AM

Jul 2015
.not.worth.watching.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Apr 2, 2017 4:04 AM

Oct 2015
As of the latest episode, it does seem to start having some sort of plot and did tone down it's comedy a little bit. Tbh I don't really see this as a bad show, each episode made me love the characters even more which of course the movie didn't really cut it for me.
Apr 2, 2017 4:24 AM

Mar 2015
I didn't like it too much at first, but I feel like the show's been getting better lately. Each to their own I guess.
Apr 2, 2017 5:16 AM

Aug 2015
The TV series is far much better since this is a 25 episode series the characters and plot will have much depth something that the movie and OVA lacked and that's what and thus worth the watch.
Apr 2, 2017 5:17 AM

May 2012
Yeah, it fucking sucks ass.
Apr 2, 2017 5:23 AM
Jul 2010
Well, I see your points, but I think they're doing a nice job in general.
First episodes doesn't seems like much, but some of them delivered very tiny clues that can mean a lot if you track them carefully, also I don't think a reason to not allow comedy, tbh is the show that made me laugh the most this season, but I might be an odd one.

And as It goes on, the plot starts falling in its place, there's seems to be a reason for the magical decay(and most witches seemed to accept the situation by now), and also a reason why people outside started to look for other ways to make their life easier. And you can understand why people doesn't like Chariot...

Spoiler of latest episodes, I think up to 12

Indeed, it's kinda obvious how the plot will resolve, but I still think that the show is pretty solid, and comedy is still good to see, not to mention animation and sound, those are pretty well in general.

The show is really worth to try.
VintagestepApr 2, 2017 3:41 PM
Apr 2, 2017 7:05 AM
Mar 2016
Well, it have 25 episode. They build some character and story although too many jokes for me and i can't take Akko serious right now. I still not watching OVA or Movie, but it's a little dissapointing so far to me. Maybe i'm expecting so much for this series.
Apr 2, 2017 7:30 AM

Sep 2016
so this show sucks? i drop it immediately because it looks bland and boring af. i hate harry potter btw
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 2, 2017 9:39 AM

Sep 2015
GangsterCat said:
so this show sucks? i drop it immediately because it looks bland and boring af. i hate harry potter btw

Well everyone has their own preference I guess, and of course there is a reason why the series near 8/10 you know. But the recent episodes are just so good, especially the episode 13 released just now.

For me one of them who like it, I also hope members who don't like it very much can be patience and watch it still. Who knows, you might like it. But definately, the recent episodes(for example episode 11) start the real plot in a way.
valvravetruthApr 2, 2017 9:43 AM
Apr 2, 2017 9:55 AM

Sep 2016
valvravetruth said:
GangsterCat said:

there is a reason why the series near 8/10 you know. .

because it appeals mainstream. simple. doesn't mean the anime is superior whatsoever.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 2, 2017 10:27 AM

Sep 2015
GangsterCat said:
valvravetruth said:

there is a reason why the series near 8/10 you know. .

because it appeals mainstream. simple. doesn't mean the anime is superior whatsoever.

Oh yes of course, thats why everyone preference is different like I said. Anyway I hope you are not simply just taking part of my context out.

Reading My whole point was just hoping you to try again, because you seem to not totally drop this yet(from 1. you are still in this Little witch forum 2. saying "so this show sucks? i drop it immediately because it looks bland and boring af. i hate harry potter btw"). Basically you will get in when the series is actually interesting. As you can see this thread was created to compare the ova/movies and tv series, not really saying the whole series sucks.

There are fair number of members like to drop something at the 1st few episodes. Can't blame them if the series really is boring at first or it was not your prefered genre. But there are also series where it gets better after the 1st stage, after all many series main plot don't really show at early stage nowadays.

In the case of little witch academia, fortunately the "mainstream" this time is the real thing(from the perspective of watching only 13 episodes). Means its actually good, by no mean superior. Mainstream can be right, and can be wrong. But surely without watching it until the end or simply just watched a few episodes, you can't decide whether the mainstream right or wrong.

**I like Cross ange btw, hahaha.
valvravetruthApr 2, 2017 10:32 AM
Apr 3, 2017 2:31 PM
Aug 2014
Seriously?! This is my favorite show from Winter 2017.

Apr 3, 2017 7:57 PM

Aug 2010
It seems like many who have watched the OVA and movie look down on the TV version. I haven't watched either and building the background first has made the show very enjoyable.
“A grown man does not apologize. It lowers the value of his soul.”
-Araragi Koyomi
Apr 3, 2017 8:12 PM

Jun 2013
"The biggest pain in life is when you expect things."
Apr 3, 2017 10:17 PM

Jun 2015
Takamura-sama said:
This is so disappointing compared to the ova and movie. I currently have watched 3 episodes and I don't really like it. The movies I loved and had less bullshit in it. The fact that the show isn't taking itself or the plot serious is the problem. It feels more like a comedy/sol

What do you think?

Between episodes 3 and 10 the show enters a bit more episodic format with comedy and hijinks. The choice is intentional, and imo a smart one, to help keep the show upbeat while you have to kind of slog through Akko being a shitter and trying to become even somewhat capable. It's also used for a lot of world building, to setup story threads, and give us a bit deeper look at the personality of some of the characters. After episode 10 though, it enters serious plot mode and starts moving forward into the meaty stuff. I think the first half is still an important part of the experience, but if you wanted to skip straight to serious shit going down, you can do so if it helps. You'll lose a lot of nuance about the world and wont get to see Akko learn a valuable lesson and work her ass off to get to where she is at, but that's your call.
Apr 3, 2017 10:36 PM

Mar 2014
i like it though. there are 24 eps so the characters can have enough resources to get developed in a proper pace like steins gate which is pretty boring also in the first couple eps.
Apr 3, 2017 10:44 PM

Jun 2014
Its amazing. I'm sorry you can't appreciate it.
Apr 3, 2017 10:49 PM

Oct 2016
Yeah, it really blew my expectations from the movie. But hey, I push on. It's what to expect from an anime probably directed at younger children. Sucy is the only good character pushing me through honestly.

It looks like they're finally forming a plot at least. A bit late?

little cringe academia :p

A simple feeling that I can't seem to shake
Oh my love, you drive me crazy in the loveliest way
I stay up, all night just thinking bout' the things that you say
I call your phone and hope to hear your voice and all over again

I am in love...
Make me fall in love why don't you
Just make me fall in love again
I can't deny it I'm in love
In love... in love... in love... ♪

Apr 4, 2017 7:07 AM
Jun 2015
leave said:
Yeah, it really blew my expectations from the movie. But hey, I push on. It's what to expect from an anime probably directed at younger children. Sucy is the only good character pushing me through honestly.

The plot was building since the first episode, maybe you don't understand what plot is. Each episode introduces character development, builds up the world and progresses the plot forward of Akko of learning to become a better witch like shiny chariot. The slow beginning is super important for the serious second half on the anime just like it was for steins;gate.
Apr 4, 2017 8:18 PM

Oct 2016
15poundfish said:
leave said:

The plot was building since the first episode, maybe you don't understand what plot is. Each episode introduces character development, builds up the world and progresses the plot forward of Akko of learning to become a better witch like shiny chariot. The slow beginning is super important for the serious second half on the anime just like it was for steins;gate.

Ah, I apologize. I meant a clear goal rather than a plot. Many people dropped the show because of how slow the beginning was. It just seemed like aimless, episodic comedy leading nowhere.

I am in love...

Apr 4, 2017 11:13 PM
Jun 2015
leave said:

Ah, I apologize. I meant a clear goal rather than a plot. Many people dropped the show because of how slow the beginning was. It just seemed like aimless, episodic comedy leading nowhere.
I disagree each episode has a clear purpose and intent in the anime. Every anime needs introductory episodes to introduces its characters, the world and the status quo before moving on to the large conflict that leads to the climax. Episode 1-2 introduces characters, world and the use of the shiny rod. Episode 3 introduces the broom, Episode 4 introduces lotte's character through her fandom of night fall. Episode 5 introduces the concept of the magical decline and showing the school is failing. Later episodes imply the failing of the magical school through the lack of passion of the teachers and clinging to traditional concepts. Episode 6, Akko's interaction with Andrew hanbridge inspires hanbridge to continue supporting the sponsoring of luna nova and Akko learns that she will need to go through many failures and work harder to become as good as shiny chariot.

Episode 8 is the first episode that shows Akko's first major conflict, threaten of expulsion because of the lack of effort put into her studies. This is the first episode where she willing takes the risk of expulsion by saving the fish caught in the trap, it worked out in the end but this is character development and revelation for Akko. In future episodes we see that she will ignore the rules and traditions of academy to do what she think is right. Episode 13 is the culmination of the all
character development, world building in the last 12 episodes. The second cour is when the major conflict is brought to the forefront of the plot with the new character introduced, Croix?

When you take the sum of all of its parts the tv series is much better than the OVA's. All of the main characters are developed better, the world is fleshed out better and the story is better. I think you have nostalgia for the OVA's, Diana is an archetypal kuudere, where in the tv anime she is much more fleshed out as a character and more likable.
Apr 5, 2017 3:28 AM
Jul 2010
leave said:
15poundfish said:

I want to add something, I said that earlier in this forum, taking in what @15poundfish said, there's also a bit more on it, not every episode, but even in previous ones you can see the meat if you look it carefully.

The rivalry with Diana is the most obvious, but the main plot is already there, then again, one of the first things you can see is Chariot being hated by withes' community, leading to a lot of questions, and then why a lot of crucial information about the magic world is being sold in cards to children?
When you link all these dots you get an interesting picture of the conflict, and main plot, what happened in episodes 12 and 13 are just foregone conclusions, things didn't appear from nowhere, there were enough clues since the begin.

I'l give again another example I think from episodes 5 and 6, not sure though.

I really like this kind of narrative, at first the show is like and slice of life in a magic academy, but they plant enough seeds to make a consistent plot that triggers reaching the half of the series.

I really think this show deserve more credit.
Apr 5, 2017 3:51 AM
Apr 2014
valvravetruth said:
Well everyone has their own preference I guess, and of course there is a reason why the series near 8/10 you know.

The reason is simple, everyone who disliked it didn't want any further association with it and neglected to rate it negatively. I encourage people to not neglect ratings.

15poundfish said:

Stein;Gate had a more likable main character, supporting cast and better character development.

LWA from the very first episode it shows you how obnoxious Akko is and that is fine if it didn't last 10 episodes after that with little to zero development. You can't put major character development in one episode and completely demolish it in the next and certainly can't make an underdog type character highly obnoxious with little effort to improve last 10 episodes. Your viewers will hate the character and leave.

Forget the plot forget the animation and think of it as a novel. If your novel focus on events surrounding the main character and the main character itself but is written in an awful way you will drop the book because high percentage of that book is about that main character.
Apr 5, 2017 3:58 AM

Dec 2014
It was basically an expansion of the movie and OVA...only diehard fans liked it...
Apr 5, 2017 4:43 AM

Jul 2015
I didn't like both OVAs, so it's just more of the same.
Apr 5, 2017 4:53 AM
Jun 2015
Noblood said:

Stein;Gate had a more likable main character, supporting cast and better character development.

I am not going to argue about steins;gate but the slow beginning until a serious second half is a style of storytelling in anime and people are free to drop it but it has nothing to do with the quality of the anime.

Noblood said:

LWA from the very first episode it shows you how obnoxious Akko is and that is fine if it didn't last 10 episodes after that with little to zero development. You can't put major character development in one episode and completely demolish it in the next and certainly can't make an underdog type character highly obnoxious with little effort to improve last 10 episodes. Your viewers will hate the character and leave.

What is wrong with an annoying character as a main character? I don't see this as a con because Akko has many other traits besides being obnoxious. Akko is the kind of dunce that has a stubborn personality that never gives up after they set their eyes on a goal. She also thinks outside of the box and impresses people with her unrefined magic and the only character in the show that shows their passion for magic overtly. She has aspects of her character that is easy to relate to like reaching tough obstacles and feel you don't have what it takes because it seems like everyone else is passing this obstacles with ease.

Also the idea she has not improved for the last 10 episodes is completely false, the polaris fountain segments tell the viewer flat out the lesson she learned in the episode and applies to the episodes afterwards. I am not sure how much the anime has to spell out for you, but this anime is very easy to follow even during the moments of subtlety. Akko at episode 1 was a lazy student and current Akko works hard to achieve her goals under the guidance of Ursula. This last episode she worked all night for 3 weeks straight for the sacrifice show which would not be what the episode 1 Akko would do.

Noblood said:

Forget the plot forget the animation and think of it as a novel. If your novel focus on events surrounding the main character and the main character itself but is written in an awful way you will drop the book because high percentage of that book is about that main character.

how is the main character written in an awful way?
15poundfishApr 5, 2017 4:57 AM
Apr 5, 2017 5:28 AM
Apr 2014
15poundfish said:

Here is a list of her wrong doings up to episode 10 for starters:

- Cheating in a broom race (Accomplice with Sucy and Lotte).
- Bribing school teacher attempt which resulted in accidental attempted murder (Fish-sensei).
- Wandering off into restricted areas of the school.
- Raising the Dead.
- Destruction of Property.
- Terrorizing Civilians with magic (By raising the dead and enlarging the squirrel into monstrous size)
- Brain washing people with love affiliated magic (Sucy let out the bee but Akko wanted to try it on a person anyways so it doesn't help her case and makes her an accomplice)

Akko is charming, she is energetic and optimistic but she is also rash, impatient, demanding, obliviously rude and doesn't think things through which drags her friends or the people around her intro trouble (which she never bothers apologizing for). These aren't traits am looking for in an underdog character and certainly not excessively getting into trouble by disobeying and disregarding the rules.

There is no reason for me to root for this character. The punishments for her actions are played out easy because and only because the show have 25 episodes to air. They can't expel her from school, that would require a higher level writing...

How did she reach the Polaris Fountain? She wandered into restricted area and nearly got a non-magic user citizen killed. That before she practiced unsupervised magic on or near him.

The episode after it, it starts promising, the writers finally attempting to make Akko more likable by showing some character development. But, it ends with Akko once again taking the easy route by attempting to bribe her teacher and almost killing her. This episode is FINE because it shows that the school hasn't really attempted to help Akko.

The next 2 episodes where I decided to quit. Raising the dead episode completely demolish the character growth and development that occurred in the previous episode. She still ignores the school rules and regulations and cast magic without any thought.

The episode after it she decides to infiltrate a party without an invitation for no other reason other than to stuff herself with food and cake. Why is the show relying on Akko's impulsive actions to drive the plot?

Akko is an awfully written character.

NobloodApr 5, 2017 5:58 AM
Apr 5, 2017 9:19 AM
Sep 2016
Apr 5, 2017 1:25 PM

Sep 2012

I mean what? I don't think everyone should create a topic when they don't like an anime. At the end it just become this. Opinion wars.
Apr 5, 2017 1:35 PM

Mar 2014
This is pretty much everything that I expected from a 2 cour series.
Apr 5, 2017 8:05 PM
Jun 2015
Noblood said:
15poundfish said:

Here is a list of her wrong doings up to episode 10 for starters:

- Cheating in a broom race (Accomplice with Sucy and Lotte).
- Bribing school teacher attempt which resulted in accidental attempted murder (Fish-sensei).
- Wandering off into restricted areas of the school.
- Raising the Dead.
- Destruction of Property.
- Terrorizing Civilians with magic (By raising the dead and enlarging the squirrel into monstrous size)
- Brain washing people with love affiliated magic (Sucy let out the bee but Akko wanted to try it on a person anyways so it doesn't help her case and makes her an accomplice)

They didn't cheat in the broom race, they bent the rules in their favor although most if the meddling was done by Sucy. If they were cheating they could have been disqualified like Amanda's team was for not passing the baton. There is nothing damning about this episode because it fits trouble making part of Sucy's character and Akko bending the rules to win. The party episode is not damning either, Akko uses her magic to cause trouble for others like with the giant squirrel and Sucy lets out the bee to make sure they don't leave the party and she loves to cause trouble for others.

Noblood said:

Akko is charming, she is energetic and optimistic but she is also rash, impatient, demanding, obliviously rude and doesn't think things through which drags her friends or the people around her intro trouble (which she never bothers apologizing for). These aren't traits am looking for in an underdog character and certainly not excessively getting into trouble by disobeying and disregarding the rules.

Maybe, these are traits you don't like in a underdog character but it doesn't make her a bad underdog character. I don't think the main protagonist has to be a goody two shoes type character to be a underdog, in fact its far more interesting when the characters are flawed or don't follow a rigid morality. Opportunistic characters and ones the bend the rules can be interesting under dog characters or ones that like to troll.

Noblood said:

There is no reason for me to root for this character. The punishments for her actions are played out easy because and only because the show have 25 episodes to air. They can't expel her from school, that would require a higher level writing...

How did she reach the Polaris Fountain? She wandered into restricted area and nearly got a non-magic user citizen killed. That before she practiced unsupervised magic on or near him.

This is a light hearted anime, I don't think every consequence has to be taken seriously. It happens in many anime and cartoons and not something you can write points down when the anime already set the tone and expectations for its audience at the beginning.

How did she reach the Polaris Fountain? She read about in a book in the same episode. Why did she go to the fountain? She wanted to become a better witch and thought the fountain would make her become a good witch. Akko meeting with Andrew Hanbridge was a coincidence. Why does Andrew Handbridge follow Akko? he tags along because he doesn't enjoy having animal ears and probably out of curiosity. This anime's plot in each episode is simple, the confusion people might have is linking all the seeds of the overarching plot together and the subtle details that foreshadow the major events in the anime. This last episode(13) introduces Croix in the episode, if you were paying attention though she makes in appearance in episode 1 and 11.

Noblood said:

The next 2 episodes where I decided to quit. Raising the dead episode completely demolish the character growth and development that occurred in the previous episode. She still ignores the school rules and regulations and cast magic without any thought.

She does because she knocked over a grave stone and wants to fix it. The raising of the dead is an accident, they end up doing a good thing in the end by putting him to rest. We learn something new about one of the characters and possibly why other head witches complain about her a lot.

Noblood said:

The episode after it she decides to infiltrate a party without an invitation for no other reason other than to stuff herself with food and cake. Why is the show relying on Akko's impulsive actions to drive the plot?

Akko is an awfully written character.

Why is her being impulsive awful for the plot of episodes? Why does she have to be a goody two shoes character?
15poundfishApr 5, 2017 10:39 PM
Apr 6, 2017 12:30 AM
Apr 2014
15poundfish said:

Maybe, these are traits you don't like in a underdog character but it doesn't make her a bad underdog character. I don't think the main protagonist has to be a goody two shoes type character to be a underdog, in fact its far more interesting when the characters are flawed or don't follow a rigid morality. Opportunistic characters and ones the bend the rules can be interesting under dog characters or ones that like to troll.

An example of a good underdog character that are flawed or don't follow a rigid morality is Joe from Ashita no Joe, the viewers were giving good reasons to sympathize with him and understand why he acts like that (the anime is worth watching). There is no real given reason why Akko bends the rules or isn't a goody two shoes. In fact we were given the exact opposite reasons. We are lead to believe that Shiny Chariot was the greatest witch of all through Akko's eyes and she holds her in great regards. You'd expect her to follow her idol steps more closely.

15poundfish said:

She does because she knocked over a grave stone and wants to fix it. The raising of the dead is an accident, they end up doing a good thing in the end by putting him to rest. We learn something new about one of the characters and possibly why other head witches complain about her a lot.

Edit: They weren't suppose to wander off on their own in the first place. Knocking over a grave stone. If I remember correctly, the teacher even told them NOT to use magic.

Exactly it ended up a good thing. Every misfit Akko causes ends up being a good thing in the end and all is well. There isn't even a reason for her to be a goody two shoes if any shit she causes will turn out for the better good by the power of plot and writers.

Being a lighthearted anime does not mean a complete devoid of reality.

15poundfish said:

This last episode(13) introduces Croix in the episode, if you were paying attention though she makes in appearance in episode 1 and 11.

If you were paying attention, I already stated that I quit the anime at episode 10. Episode 11, 12, 13 whatever are unknown to me and I don't care about them. The anime had 10 episodes to capture my interest and that is a generous amount of episodes.
NobloodApr 6, 2017 12:35 AM
Apr 6, 2017 1:44 AM
Jun 2015
Noblood said:

An example of a good underdog character that are flawed or don't follow a rigid morality is Joe from Ashita no Joe, the viewers were giving good reasons to sympathize with him and understand why he acts like that (the anime is worth watching). There is no real given reason why Akko bends the rules or isn't a goody two shoes. In fact we were given the exact opposite reasons. We are lead to believe that Shiny Chariot was the greatest witch of all through Akko's eyes and she holds her in great regards. You'd expect her to follow her idol steps more closely.

Why does there need to be a reason why she bends the rules or isn't a goody two shoes character? Not every character trait needs to have an explanation. The reason why she doesn't know about Shiny Chariot is the same reason why a big fan might not know the life of their favorite idols. How many fans think of hard work and failures when thinking about their idols? Also how could Akko know more about Shiny Chariot when she mysteriously stop doing shows 10 years ago? How old is Akko again? You are nitpicking an anime that was not overly serious or grounded in reality to begin with. This anime is not a deconstruction.

Noblood said:

Edit: They weren't suppose to wander off on their own in the first place. Knocking over a grave stone. If I remember correctly, the teacher even told them NOT to use magic.

Exactly it ended up a good thing. Every misfit Akko causes ends up being a good thing in the end and all is well. There isn't even a reason for her to be a goody two shoes if any shit she causes will turn out for the better good by the power of plot and writers.
Being a lighthearted anime does not mean a complete devoid of reality.

The resolution can be a good thing but it doesn't negate the conflicts caused or the lessons learned in each episode. The school will often penalize Akko for acting out of line like repairing brooms, cleaning duty, etc. This is a light hearted, whimsical anime with magical witches obviously the consequences of actions are not going to be realistic.

Noblood said:

If you were paying attention, I already stated that I quit the anime at episode 10. Episode 11, 12, 13 whatever are unknown to me and I don't care about them. The anime had 10 episodes to capture my interest and that is a generous amount of episodes.

You are missing out because the main plot was brought to the forefront of the anime at episode 11 with the turning point being episode 13. I think the problem is you expected the overarching plot to be always the main focus of an anime that started episodic. I have watched enough anime to know how these type of shows work. They start episodic and drop bread crumbs to attentive viewers and switch to a more serious second half in the second cour. The people not paying attention will think the anime just flicked a switch and start having a plot while the attentive viewers saw this coming a mile away.
Apr 6, 2017 3:08 AM
Apr 2014
15poundfish said:

You are nitpicking an anime that was not overly serious or grounded in reality to begin with. This anime is not a deconstruction.

Of course am going to nitpick if you ask me on what I don't like about the anime. I am not doing a review here, I am telling you why I don't like the anime. If you want a review, I already wrote one and gave the anime a 5 overall.

If you ask me about what I don't like, I will tell you about what I don't like. If you ask me about what I like then I will tell you about what I like. It only seems nitpicking to you.

15poundfish said:

You are missing out because the main plot was brought to the forefront of the anime at episode 11 with the turning point being episode 13. I think the problem is you expected the overarching plot to be always the main focus of an anime that started episodic. I have watched enough anime to know how these type of shows work. They start episodic and drop bread crumbs to attentive viewers and switch to a more serious second half in the second cour. The people not paying attention will think the anime just flicked a switch and start having a plot while the attentive viewers saw this coming a mile away.

I can't care about the plot if the main character is not enjoyable. Not that I started watching this anime because I was expecting an epic plot. No I expected enjoyable characters in a sensible reality. Stop trying to lure me in to watch more of this anime it won't happen.
NobloodApr 6, 2017 3:12 AM
Apr 6, 2017 7:44 PM

Oct 2016
sasalx said:

I mean what? I don't think everyone should create a topic when they don't like an anime. At the end it just become this. Opinion wars.

Damn this thread became toxic

I am in love...

May 25, 2017 6:30 PM
Jan 2015
20 episodes in, not impressed
Jun 6, 2017 10:11 PM

Jul 2015
The ova/movie/tv show are all pretty average to me. I'm kinda surprised that studio trigger made such a dull anime. It doesn't even feel like the same studio.
Jul 2, 2017 12:16 AM
Aug 2012
bah, just garbage.

what kind of anime has no plot!

cant believe this garbage is so highly rated...
Jul 2, 2017 12:26 AM

Feb 2016
I actually like this Anime a lot because it was really entertaining and funny to watch. I really like the sympathic and funny characters.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Jul 2, 2017 12:27 AM

Jun 2016
I honestly loved the show so much -- especially the characters. It has its down moments, and there are times where I can't handle the cheesy scenes/dialogues, but I still loved it. I gave it a 9/10.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 2, 2017 12:59 AM

Oct 2014
I agree that the movie made it overhyped because of how great it is, but the series is not bad at all.

I'm currently at episode 23 and the TV adaptation did well in my opinion.It's a 7/10 for me as of now.

Also, let's be thankful that we have a 24 episodes Witch Academia. It's better than nothing right?
Jul 2, 2017 2:27 AM

Oct 2015
I absolutely love it how people are questioning a show like Little Witch for having "huurrr durrr no plot" but no one in this fucking planet criticizes a Miyazaki movie, which, by that line of thought, also have no plot - look at Totoro, by that logic its just a dumb slice of life with fantasy elements where nothing really happens - see? Thats not my opinion on Miyazaki ofc, just showing how BS you guys' attitude is.
Jul 2, 2017 4:23 AM
Jul 2012
I think it's a 10/10 anime tbh. Every episode felt magical (no, not the spells and stuff) to me akin to the likes of Miyazaki's works. But we can't all feel the same.
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Jul 2, 2017 5:35 AM

Aug 2016
Disappointing? A Trigger show? No way.

Seriously though, here's the thing: Stop going over the underdog idea for a dozen episodes, make it the kids show it should be, focus on whimsical magic adventures, explore the setting, let the studio work without fucking Netflix deadlines for a more polished production, et voilà - there you have a much better show.

It really is a shame how it turned out after such a strong start.
Jul 20, 2017 12:44 AM
Sep 2016
I think this anime had lots of potential and very good animation but the whole idea behind the Tv series, compared to the OVA/Movie, was executed horribly focusing a lot on stuff nobody gave a damn about.

Like most people already said this anime had its peak moments when it focused on whimsical magic adventures and its supporting characters and it really is a shame it dragged the second part for so long only to unfold a very childish and dull fairy-tale about what is magic
Jul 23, 2017 10:52 PM
Sep 2013
Agreed. This show didn't even spawn much hentai, what worthless show. What worth are waifu-advertising shows like this and K-ON and Touhou and so on if I can't even fap to them?
Jul 24, 2017 7:25 AM

Jan 2013
Well, TV anime is better than everything else in my opinion. Still not 'very good' but it's good. 7/10

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Jul 25, 2017 10:32 AM

Apr 2013
Not a disappointment at all.
Powerful eyebrows.
Jul 29, 2017 6:02 PM

Jul 2015
Lmao "no story", yeah right. You guys probably watch a bunch of SOL shows with even less progression. Ghibli movies barely have stories, at most their stories don't span more than a week, yet they're popular af. (yes I like them too.)

This isn't just for LWA, this also applies to almost every other show. Like literally, complaining that a show has no story or character progression just because you only watched 3 episodes is idiotic. 1-3 episodes is supposed to give you a general first impression, not supposed to spoon feed you every detail of the show. "But the LWA movies had more progression" well no shit, they're movies, not TV show spread out over months. Man, people these days are getting more impatient.

And sure, some short shows may take really long for the story to move on, but I kept watching LWA because I liked the movies, I like the characters, setting, and animation style, and IMO didn't heavily rely on cliches or tropes. If none of those managed to keep you hooked, then yeah drop the show no problem, not everyone is the same. Eventually the story went on for me, but it seems the attention spans of MAL, reddit, 4chan were so fucking short they moved on to the next typical high school anime show.

People said Clannad's first season was boring, well then try to watch the second season without the first, and it's just gonna be about some random person who died and a MC who seems mentally retarded. A lot of times, slice-of-life portions of a show are actually there for you to further understand the characters and setting, and then when something bad happens you also feel it because you've become more attached/understanding to the characters.

Not to mention this show is more popular than My Hero Academia in Japan. The first volume sold more than 3,000 BD copies and around the same amount DVD copies in Japan. Fairly successful, since more than half of shows from every season have less than 1500 BD sales. LWA had a themed cafe in Akihabara that was so popular they made a second one, which also was so popular they extended that one for another month. LWA's TV peaked at a rating of 2.9% (in comparison, Dragonball Super's February rating on Fuji-TV was 5.9%). I mean I could say more, since I'm heavily invested in Trigger news, but ya'll probably won't care.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

160 by mineandcraft »»
Yesterday, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

117 by JVskunkape »»
May 22, 4:43 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2017

152 by LFC123 »»
Mar 21, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

310 by HoneyBees91 »»
Feb 28, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

186 by trueauracoral »»
Feb 18, 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.