Jul 18, 2015 5:24 PM

Jun 2014
I think it's ridiculously shallow, and not a good way to meet "The one."

Jul 18, 2015 5:26 PM

Oct 2014
Don't do it you will regret it

Jan 2015
To me, it just seems like it's a boring way to meet someone.

Jun 2011
Veneficia said:
I don't much care for it.

Jul 18, 2015 5:27 PM

Oct 2012
I'm too much of a romantic, online dating doesn't sound very appealing to me.

Jul 18, 2015 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
What about those of us who don't have another way?
Jul 18, 2015 5:28 PM

Dec 2014
Jul 18, 2015 5:30 PM

Jun 2011
I did it once, got laid, had fun with the girl.... I don't see it as a good way to meet "the one" though.

Edit: I still think you can find the one I just don't see it as very likely. .... maybe just not likely for me
KillaclownJul 18, 2015 5:44 PM
Jul 18, 2015 5:30 PM

Sep 2012
I wouldn't have lost my gay-virginity without it.
Jul 18, 2015 5:31 PM

Jun 2011
Waifu_Strangler said:
What about those of us who don't have another way?
do it
Jul 18, 2015 5:35 PM

Jan 2015
I think its kind of awkward. Idk, but it feels more natural to get to know someone due to a certain situation then to come together for that specific purpose in my mind.
the40ftbadger said:
i have palpable amounts of salt for FO4.
It's like a clown put on my dead dad's clothes and is running around my house going "LOOK I'M YOUR DAD, ISN'T THIS FUN?!?!"

Jul 18, 2015 5:36 PM

Jun 2015
It depends on what you mean. I don't agree with "quick hookup" apps and websites, or at least they aren't for me lol. I don't think meeting someone online is really for me, but I've had a few friends who have successful relationships thanks to it.

Jul 18, 2015 5:38 PM

Jul 2015
I personally met my first, current, and hopefully last love through online dating. So I'm pretty fond of it ^^ ♥
Jul 18, 2015 5:39 PM

Feb 2013
It can be useful for someone shy, like me to chat a bit with a girl, but I don't expect nothing more than a bit of talking on some days I feel like cutting myself, nothing more.
Jul 18, 2015 5:39 PM

Sep 2013
Much like anything else the results will vary depending on the people involved, what said people are looking for, and the circumstances.
Jul 18, 2015 5:40 PM

Dec 2013
Don't do it myself, if people do it don't give a single shit.
Jul 18, 2015 5:44 PM

Dec 2010
I don't view it as any less of a valid form of dating, although I think that there are certain things that irl dating can achieve that online dating can't

Jul 18, 2015 5:47 PM

Dec 2013
Uhio said:
I don't view it as any less of a valid form of dating, although I think that there are certain things that irl dating can achieve that online dating can't

Don't forget that goes both ways
Jul 18, 2015 5:49 PM

Dec 2012
As long as the people have perfect chemistry then I see nothing wrong with it. Otherwise, I think the whole thing is fake and disingenuous and sometimes insulting. It works both genders too. Usually I'm all about actual face to face contact when it comes to building intimacy, and while online intimacy can be built, usually it's better just to stay friends with people you meet online, at least IMO. Why do I find online dating fake? I feel like people tend to lie a lot about who they actually are and sometimes will go so far to use fake pictures of people they're not. It's also that girls themselves, if they are good-looking, will be subject to 100 of inappropriate messages almost every time! These guys probably have little to no courage to say such things in real life, but they do feel protected behind a computer screen to say whatever they want, no matter how off-putting it may seem. I also think guys have it relatively hard too. They might be the most awesome people, but it will take a complete and total bitch to make him upset and just give up on dating in general, especially when he does not deserve any type of heartbreak he'll get. I'd rather him be told it in real life rather than some phony sugarcoated message. It's to me just another example of how thirsty guys are and how shallow girls are, and it shows completely in the online world. It does not have to be this case in the real world at all. Nope, only online.

With all said above, I recommend online dating to either a thirsty male who lusts for girls he cannot get in the real world, or a shallow female who enjoys being two-faced and breaking every guy's heart.
Jul 18, 2015 5:54 PM

May 2013
Ulquiorra1923 said:
It can be useful for someone shy, like me to chat a bit with a girl, but I don't expect nothing more than a bit of talking on some days I feel like cutting myself, nothing more.
Jeez.. lol
Jul 18, 2015 6:11 PM
Jul 2018
It depends on you, OP.
Jul 18, 2015 6:18 PM

Apr 2014
I don't see anything wrong with online dating. Not something I've ever taken part in, but I know a lot of people do it and it's quite normal nowadays.
Nop.
Jul 18, 2015 6:19 PM

Sep 2013
Working_Designs said:
More "advice I am not qualified to give" by Working_Designs
Jul 18, 2015 6:20 PM

Jun 2011
Drugs said:
Working_Designs said:
lol so true
Jul 18, 2015 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
Don't expect anything serious
Jul 18, 2015 6:33 PM

Jun 2014
Drugs said:
Working_Designs said:

And what do you know, little boy?

Jul 18, 2015 6:35 PM
Sep 2014
I want to date the internet
Jul 18, 2015 6:38 PM

Apr 2013
Not worth it. Sure you hear some wonderful stories that it works resulting in marriage and such but those are the glorified 1%. You aren't seeing the other person. You're filling in the gaps with your unrealistic imagination of the person being perfect. It's so easy to fabricate anything online and lead people.

But if you just so happen to meet someone amazing, give it a try and see for yourself. It could possibly be the best thing ever or the worse thing ever. Experience is the best teacher.
Jul 18, 2015 6:41 PM

Aug 2009
I'm not so much for online dating, though I certainly don't mind it.

I am more interested in meeting people online. If it wasn't for the internet I most likely never would've got to know or met up with people from other countries.

A guy I consider a good friend of mine who's half Russian and half German, is someone I met online and later met in real life. We had a lot of fun drinking and hanging out.

Which would've probably never been possible without the internet.

I think it's a good platform to get to know people and learn about other cultures, though I don't think I would use it to date.
Jul 18, 2015 6:45 PM

Jan 2015
As long as the 2 people live close enough to see each other...it can work.
Anything is possible if you are committed...
Jul 18, 2015 6:47 PM

Jun 2011
Olveparty said:

I am more interested in meeting people online. If it wasn't for the internet I most likely never would've got to know or met up with people from other countries.

A guy I consider a good friend of mine who's half Russian and half German, is someone I met online and later met in real life. We had a lot of fun drinking and hanging out.

I think it's a good platform to get to know people and learn about other cultures, though I don't think I would use it to date.
this is a good story, wish I knew someone close to have a drink with ( I'm to lazy to do much driving so it's my own fault)
Jul 18, 2015 6:50 PM

Mar 2014
NebulaC3I said:
Much like anything else the results will vary depending on the people involved, what said people are looking for, and the circumstances.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Jul 18, 2015 6:50 PM
Jul 2018
I think it's ridiculous, and would never be in a cyber relationship myself.
Being in love with someone you have never met is bullshit.
So you've talked to someone behind a screen and you know what they look like in a photo, but you've never met with them face-to-face(which some people don't realize is much more important than communication with the help of technology) and had a proper conversation with them.
Jul 18, 2015 6:55 PM

Nov 2011
Andomarn said:
So you've talked to someone behind a screen and you know what they look like in a photo, but you've never met with them face-to-face(which some people don't realize is much more important than communication with the help of technology) and had a proper conversation with them.

Ever heard of Skype?
Jul 18, 2015 6:56 PM

Sep 2014
I've tried it. I wouldn't have had my first relationship without it. So it wasn't all bad. However, now I want different ways to meet people.
Jul 18, 2015 6:57 PM

Mar 2014
Andomarn said:

HAHAHAHA!
Lemme burst that bubble...oh no..

No, go live in your delusions.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Jul 18, 2015 6:59 PM

Aug 2009
Killaclown said:
Olveparty said:

this is a good story, wish I knew someone close to have a drink with ( I'm to lazy to do much driving so it's my own fault)

Well, if you're ever in Norway. I'll treat you.
Jul 18, 2015 7:00 PM

May 2015
A one way ticket to a kidnapping.

Jul 18, 2015 7:02 PM
Jul 2018
Andomarn said:

Do you realize where you are? This is MAL. I for one find it difficult to talk to others in real life. This online thing actually gives people like me a glimmer of hope, however slight.

Well at least for me anyway. Nothing wrong with having both options in your arsenal.
Jul 18, 2015 7:06 PM

Jun 2011
Olveparty said:
Killaclown said:

Well, if you're ever in Norway. I'll treat you.
thanks man, not happening but the thought is nice..... later I will be trying to get ppl going to "coachella-fest " to hang out with my ass though :p it's a huge show in south California where they even had hologram Tupac
Jul 18, 2015 7:13 PM

Jul 2015
Whatever works for you, I don't really care. Would I try it myself? I don't know. Maybe, if I met somebody who I wanted to do so with. Not my preferred method of dating, though.

"I got two bad hands and still built this house of cards
Just an average Jack up in the Club who thinks he found a Heart
But I don’t go to clubs and don’t believe in love
Or holding hearts in grips unless this fist is into which it’s bleeding from"

Jul 18, 2015 7:17 PM
Apr 2015
Working_Designs said:
Drugs said:

Well you certainly are a cassette tape working designs
Jul 18, 2015 7:17 PM
Jul 2018
Waifu_Strangler said:
Andomarn said:

Ever heard of Skype?

You can't compare skype and real life.
Can you go out together on skype? And when I mean go out I mean on a date.
Can you touch her over skype? No.
If you can't differentiate between those two you've got a problem.

RedTie47 said:
Andomarn said:

Do you realize where you are? This is MAL. I for one find it difficult to talk to others in real life. This online thing actually gives people like me a glimmer of hope, however slight.

Well at least for me anyway. Nothing wrong with having both options in your arsenal.

You may find it difficult to talk to others but that's something you can get used to.
Sure, it might be nice to know that someone on the other side of the planet who you're probably never going to meet loves you, but that's it.
They love you, but can't do anything to show it.
Except type in a keyboard their feelings to you in a message or talk to you over the phone.
Jul 18, 2015 7:18 PM

Jun 2014
-Songbird said:
Working_Designs said:

What's wrong, 8-track? Can't "Rewind" back to the other thread? :P

Jul 18, 2015 7:19 PM
Jul 2018
geniobastardo said:
Andomarn said:

HAHAHAHA!
Lemme burst that bubble...oh no..

No, go live in your delusions.

The delusion that being able to touch and meet someone you love is better than being in a relationship with someone you'll never meet or touch?
Sure, I'll keep living in that "delusion".
Apr 2015
Working_Designs said:
-Songbird said:

Hey little boy that's not nice!

Aug 2013
Desperate, an out for all those too afraid to actually go out socializing. The world would be better without it, force them all to get out and meet people face to face.
Jul 18, 2015 7:20 PM

Jun 2014
-Songbird said:
Working_Designs said:

Hey little boy that's not nice!

I'm 27, and "Nice" isn't in my vocabulary.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How old were you when your birthday stopped being special to you?

Jomfrey - 2 hours ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
52 seconds ago

» I think we live in a super-deterministic universe.

purple_rayn - Jun 10

41 by Zarutaku »»
13 minutes ago

» What to do in singapore?

k4rlo - Yesterday

10 by MalchikRepaid »»
18 minutes ago

» The very random (and possibly useless) knowledge thread

DigiCat - May 22

44 by vasipi4946 »»
24 minutes ago

» have you been sick this winter? ( 1 2 )

Star_Boy - Jan 17, 2013

94 by 3miL »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.