Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 6, 2015 7:28 PM

Nov 2014
ㅤㅤ

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 6, 2015 7:31 PM

Apr 2014
Probably
Jun 6, 2015 7:59 PM
Mar 2012
Not in the near future, 5 volumes are already adapted in the first season and the 8th volume just is coming out this month.
Jun 6, 2015 8:02 PM

Nov 2014
That's not too bad, maybe 2016-2017
Wish it was a manga, don't like reading novels

Jun 6, 2015 8:14 PM

Mar 2015
LastChapter said:
Not in the near future, 5 volumes are already adapted in the first season and the 8th volume just is coming out this month.

Whaa.... 5 volumes in 10 episodes? Now I'm sure as hell this is super rushed....

Jun 6, 2015 8:18 PM
Mar 2012
ExTamplier said:
There is a manga adaption surprisingly more faithful than the anime. Nonetheless, obviously the original light novel is better.

DarklordVor said:
LastChapter said:
Whaa.... 5 volumes in 10 episodes? Now I'm sure as hell this is super rushed....
One episode actually adapted a whole volume, the anime is horribly rushed...
Jun 6, 2015 8:19 PM

Nov 2014
DarklordVor said:
LastChapter said:

I felt like pacing was good

Jun 6, 2015 8:24 PM
Mar 2012
ExTamplier said:
DarklordVor said:
Good pacing would be ending the anime after he defeated the Minotaur and achieved level 2. But that obviously didn't happen due to the rushing and replacing plot content with Hestia fluff.
Jun 6, 2015 8:25 PM

Nov 2014
LastChapter said:
ExTamplier said:
There is a manga adaption surprisingly more faithful than the anime. Nonetheless, obviously the original light novel is better.

Looks like it goes step-step with anime right now.
LastChapter said:
ExTamplier said:
Good pacing would be ending the anime after he defeated the Minotaur and achieved level 2. But that obviously didn't happen due to the rushing and replacing plot content with Hestia fluff.
I feel like people burn the studio if the show ended like that.

Jun 6, 2015 8:33 PM
Mar 2012
ExTamplier said:
LastChapter said:
I feel like people burn the studio if the show ended like that.
I think the fault lies with the studio for not focusing enough on Bell's growth and development. The series is clearly split into phases, but JC Staff did not take that into consideration, thus why it would see like an abrupt ending if it ended where I mentioned.

My take on the "ideal" adaption:

Season one: Newcomer phase where he starts a nobody then becomes one of the most known adventurers in Orario. Underdog fights where he risks his life and struggles to defeat overpowered enemies. People are surprised when he defeats monsters much more powerful than himself. Ending with a tease and cliffhanger of what is to come after he levels to 2. (Vol 1 - 3)

Season two:
Jun 6, 2015 10:43 PM
Apr 2015
OH KAMI-SAMA LET THERE BE A SECOND SEASON... This anime is one favorites of this year.. it will be sad to end the story without knowing if bell will ever reach his goal to get to the same level as Ais.. I also want to see a relationship with bell blossom with one of these lovely girls *cough cough* Lili.. I really think that this anime has the legs to continue on in the anime race and possible go on to another season possibly even a third depending on the second season if we even get one goes.

Now I will vent on how Lili and bell should be together

*clears throat*

When they first met we can clearly see that bell wants to save her from that adventurer who is abusing her.And scored some points.. after that she goes into a dungeon with bell and because of her bell got even more money/loot because he was able to fight and not worry about the loot he was leaving behind.. and after that when he was turning the jews into money he gave her 50% of the loot which non of the other adventurers have ever done before ( scoring more points).. then when they went into the dungeon again she saw that his knife was magic and stole it from him hoping that if she sold it she could get out of her debt and possibly live a happy life.. BUUUT it turned out that without bell the kinfe is worth nothing at all.. And while bell was looking for her to see if she "knew" where the knife was.. ( He knew that she stole it but he didn't care) he wanted to help her I think but didn't know how to tell her that he would help.. Then comes the the story behind Lili and why she had to become a supporter.. very emotional.. I Teared up ( manly tears :p ) And then she left bell to die after being surrounded by the ogres on floor 13 i think after she stole his knife yet again.. on the way out she was surrounded by the adventurers that were abusing her and I think that they were the ones that destroyed the flower shop when Lili lived with that old couple... and they brought like a horde of antlings from the lower levels and forced Lili to give them the key to the gnome vault where she was saving her money to pay off her debt.. when it looked like she was about to die.. the bad ass main character bell came to the rescue and saved Lili.. With tears she asks "why?, why save me when I so many terrible things to you" but bell didn't care about any of the things that she did to him, he just wanted to help her no mater what. At the end of that scene they hug and I was kinda begging for a kiss but the anime people were like naw fam we cool... I WILL NOT REST TILL I SEE BELL KISS Lili AND TAKES HER ON A DATE... I MEAN COME ON EVEN HESTIA GOT A DATE

if you made it this far into my rant thank you .. you the real mvp <3

hopefully we can get a second season and I can get my Lili her bell
Jun 7, 2015 2:31 AM

Jan 2015
1 episode in one volume? Pffff, it's nothing. Yamada-kunm adapted 10 chapters in 1 episode.
Jun 7, 2015 4:30 AM

May 2009
Nope, not enough material and sales predictions aren't looking successful.
Jun 7, 2015 4:40 AM
Feb 2014
i hope so

Jun 7, 2015 11:55 AM
Mar 2012
Xenocrisi said:
1 episode in one volume? Pffff, it's nothing. Yamada-kunm adapted 10 chapters in 1 episode.
10 chapters of a manga doesn't compare to hundreds of pages of pure text.
Jun 7, 2015 12:11 PM

Mar 2015
Xenocrisi said:

Well Yamada-kun do have 10 chapters in one episode, probably 1 manga volume. But DanMachi? A light novel series that probably have 300~ pages of pure texts in one volume? I think DanMachi is more rushed than Yamada-kun.

Jun 7, 2015 12:48 PM

Nov 2013
Yes, you specifically will. No one else in the universe though, only you
Jun 7, 2015 12:54 PM

Apr 2014
bastek66 said:

i thought sales were doing well
When I'm fucked up that's the real me
Jun 7, 2015 3:21 PM

Nov 2014
HandsomeMan said:
Yes, you specifically will. No one else in the universe though, only you
Ok, I'll let you know how it will finish.

Jun 8, 2015 1:27 AM

Apr 2013
Actually, seeing that they're going to use 4 episodes for the 5th volume, considering that the volume 7 and 8 are quite bigger than the 5, there is already around enough material for a 2nd season as rushed as the first one even without a 9th volume. Volume 8 by itself is almost as big as volume 1+2 together. But seeing how much they skip, I don't think they ever intend to. Some of the things they don't explain becomes more important later on, so as the time pass, the weight of unexplained material increase.
Jun 8, 2015 1:29 AM

Aug 2013
i hope not
Jun 8, 2015 2:56 PM

Apr 2013
Yeoun said:
i hope not
Jun 8, 2015 4:03 PM

Nov 2014

Jun 10, 2015 1:09 AM

Feb 2014
As people have said this anime is extremely rushed based off the source material. I am sure that 3 volumes would be enough content for a second season if they pace it properly, they can go back and put missed content back in as well. I doubt they realized it would be doing so well when the made it.
Jun 10, 2015 1:11 AM

Aug 2013
Sourire said:
Yeoun said:
i hope not
Jun 10, 2015 1:40 AM

Apr 2013
^Stop quoting your own post to agree with yourself, that's pitiful.
Are you feeling lonely because only one person agreed with you?
But it's logical that almost everyone is ignoring your post here. Who in his/her right mind would hope for an anime to not be done just because you don't like it, when you just have to NOT watch the sequel if you don't like it~. Stop being selfish and self centred.
Jun 10, 2015 12:01 PM

May 2015
If there were a sequel, I’d watch it. Not expecting much, besides pure brainless entertainment. Just like this season. I might start reading the manga or novel (preferably the latter one), if I have the time.

Yeoun said:
Sourire said:

You’re quoting a quote of someone quoting your previous post to agree with yourself???? WTH??
Here my friends it’s how you make yourself look like an idiot. You already stated your opinion about not wanting a sequel (great, whatever). There is no need for you to stay here any longer, so get out and move on…

Zefyris said:
^Stop quoting your own post to agree with yourself, that's pitiful.
Are you feeling lonely because only one person agreed with you?
But it's logical that almost everyone is ignoring your post here. Who in his/her right mind would hope for an anime to not be done just because you don't like it, when you just have to NOT watch the sequel if you don't like it~. Stop being selfish and self centred.

+1
Pitiful indeed…

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jun 11, 2015 8:27 AM

Jun 2015
I heard and from what I read, because I definitely want a new season, that they cut allot of filler and some dialogue that was I guess redundant, but that is all hearsay so take that as you will.
Jun 11, 2015 8:00 PM

Dec 2013
[quote=LastChapter]
ExTamplier said:
One episode actually adapted a whole volume, the anime is horribly rushed...
Yeah I have no idea why they did that with an IP that is gaining as much popularity as this one is.
Jun 11, 2015 9:51 PM

Nov 2014
Zefyris said:
Who are you talking to? You can clearly see that this thread was answered, and the status of manga was explained.
pjburton said:
LastChapter said:
Yeah I have no idea why they did that with an IP that is gaining as much popularity as this one is.

Never said that.

Jun 12, 2015 11:40 AM

Apr 2013
Can't you see I'm talking to the only person who quoted his own post to "agree" with himself above, IE, Yeoun who was right above that post you quoted?
Seriously now, how about switching your brain on before posting?
Jun 13, 2015 3:27 PM

May 2015
to be honest the anime doesnt really seem that rushed, are the Light Novel just slow or are the anime just skipping a ton of material?
Jun 13, 2015 4:28 PM

Apr 2013
Trios said:
to be honest the anime doesnt really seem that rushed, are the Light Novel just slow or are the anime just skipping a ton of material?

Skipping a ton of material. Danmachi doesn't enter in the category of slow story telling at all.
ZefyrisJun 14, 2015 2:10 AM
Jun 13, 2015 8:10 PM
Apr 2015
Hopefully not
Jun 13, 2015 9:12 PM

Nov 2014
Honestly I would rather have a remade version since so much content was already skipped.And JC staff loves to leave shows hanging and advertise for the LN.Take a look at haganai.So my guess is a no.
Jun 15, 2015 5:55 AM
Mar 2013
To all of you saying this anime is rushed, in some part I can agree to; however, in others you are just a bit wrong. The first few novels don't have as much pages as the upcoming volumes. That said there is enough material now for a second season. Compared to what was used for the first season (up to around novel 5) 6-8 have just as much story to give, if not even more. Just numbers don't prove anything people, please make sure to check the material and how lengthy each one is. ^_^
Jun 15, 2015 6:00 AM

Feb 2015
bastek66 said:

The anime made a massive Push for the manga/LN. There was a story saying they got most of all of the 8 volumes up within the top 10.
So it's safe to say it's selling well, hell the first volume of the manga even hit 3rd in it's first week in NA

Season 2 is a given but let's get more material first
Jun 15, 2015 10:07 AM
Mar 2013
hattyo said:
I think it will be better if we wait until LN reach vol 15,and then we will get 24 episode ngahahaha XD
sry for my bad english,newbie here ....

If you go by page count 1-5 and 6-8 are actually quite close to one another. So material is available, maybe one or two more novels so we can get 24 episodes that don't skip much.
Jun 15, 2015 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
It will get second season in 2025.
Jun 15, 2015 1:55 PM
Mar 2013
GrandTemplar said:

I'm willing to be sooner ;P
Jun 15, 2015 8:41 PM

Dec 2013
Considering my bias, I assume we'll get one in the coming year. :P
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 15, 2015 10:49 PM

Jan 2011
I dont really care either way :D
The show is fun enough for me to follow if I turn brains off and dont have any expectations about trivial stuff like plot or character development, never mind support characters.
For the reasons above I would not really mind if S2 never comes as well :)
Jun 15, 2015 11:09 PM
Jul 2018
andymac said:
GrandTemplar said:

I'm willing to be sooner ;P

I hope your wish will be granted.
Jun 17, 2015 1:46 AM

Feb 2009
its like deja vu all over again. year after year they take very good novels and pump out 1 cour animes, which inadvertantly become very popular to western audiences, whereas they are just trying to give people a reason to buy the novels in japan.

since they usually butcher the material, they probably couldn't recapture the magic without full on deus ex machina and full rewrites of some of the story. so its almost guaranteed we won't see a second season unless it becomes popular in japan or sells alot of novels.

my favorite anime seems to come from novels; seems like any decent, interesting story comes from novels and the only manga adaptations are for shounen.
Jun 17, 2015 8:39 AM

Sep 2013
Mid 2016 is my bet :)
Vol 9 will be out by then maybe 10 too.

I haven't read the LN but I can feel they skipped alot of explanations, but it still flows well.
Jun 17, 2015 2:38 PM

May 2011
We have yet to see the official chart of the sales. Hell it hasn't finished YET. JESUS!Just because your are reading the Manga-LN that doesn't mean you are going to see everything from those two in the anime adaptation. GET OVER THIS!Though i know that the story of LN-Manga most of times ( 80%?) is way better than the anime, but we can't have always what we want :) . I personally believe that sales would be good based on many facts (VA of kirito - Character setting etc.). Now as far as concern the material for a possible season 2 i would say that it needs 1-1,5 year max for a sequel if that happens ofc! Everything are open until the 1st sales!
Jun 17, 2015 6:54 PM
Jul 2018
DarklordVor said:
Xenocrisi said:

Well Yamada-kun do have 10 chapters in one episode, probably 1 manga volume. But DanMachi? A light novel series that probably have 300~ pages of pure texts in one volume? I think DanMachi is more rushed than Yamada-kun.

You can skip monologues and make some badass fighting scenes.
Jun 19, 2015 11:19 PM

Aug 2013
I hope so in the future. But I don't think its going to happen. But I wish for a second season.
Jun 22, 2015 8:04 AM

Nov 2014
Im currently outside my country so I have not watched ep 12 due to slow wifi so could someone give his/her thoughts on whether a season 2 is likely or unlikely based on how the series is going?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2015

560 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 24, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

246 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 24, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2015

234 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 24, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

203 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 24, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2015

242 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 24, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.