Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 30, 2015 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Asia..;_;

Kinda interesting to see Khaos Brigade getting more involved in this arc, especially Vali. The action was better than I had expected as one of the better episodes imo this season. Issei had quite a lot of trouble controlling his form until Rias reached out to him.

About time she made an on screen appearance:
May 30, 2015 7:24 AM

Nov 2007
One of the real enemies appeared and that devil has been exterminated, too. It seems like the main guy cannot accept she's "dead". Berserk because of sadness. The enemy is done quickly with that berserk power.

Fortunately, those who are in the middle of space found the girl in time. White dragon stopped him. The sadness and that devil still made him unstable and buchou calmed him. A dragon called DD? So it is the reason for all this fight? That white dragon seems to know the main guy would gradually weaken?

Something might happen that the club will disappear?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 30, 2015 7:28 AM
Jul 2018
Before some of you dolts see it on Funimation's stream, it is NOT ORPHIS. Her name is OPHIS.

Now for the episode the action is way better than the LN but they skipped something funny and I hope they use it for the season finale.
May 30, 2015 8:00 AM

Apr 2008
Transcend said:
Before some of you dolts see it on Funimation's stream, it is NOT ORPHIS. Her name is OPHIS.

Now for the episode the action is way better than the LN but they skipped something funny and I hope they use it for the season finale.

Something tells me that will be used in the final fight with Loki this season since he escaped the first time in the anime
May 30, 2015 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
The song was already made into a PV, so it's very likely it'll be done later.

If they put the song and that other thing from V7 in the same episode, I'll need new sides. xD
May 30, 2015 8:24 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I have a question for the LN people, I was told that a rating game was skipped last week and I was wondering if it's possible that it will be added in later (Maybe in this episode - I haven't seen it yet) or if it's okay for them to skip it?
May 30, 2015 8:26 AM

Apr 2008
Tokoya said:
I have a question for the LN people, I was told that a rating game was skipped last week and I was wondering if it's possible that it will be added in later (Maybe in this episode - I haven't seen it yet) or if it's okay for them to skip it?

It's unlikely they'll add it in anything but a OVA at this point
May 30, 2015 8:29 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Tokoya said:

I see

Was it important?
May 30, 2015 8:32 AM
Jul 2018
Tokoya said:
Darklight0303 said:

I see

Was it important?

Considering the changes they made, no it's not. It's completely irrelevant at this point.
May 30, 2015 9:01 AM

Apr 2013
Nice to see Sirzechs Lucifer showing off his power for once. And don't mess with Isse when he's in JD mode, or Xenovia when she wants to hug Asia really bad, for that matter.

That Astaroth guy got what he deserved. And i wish they showed some animation on Great Red, like giant flapping wings or whatever.
May 30, 2015 9:22 AM

Sep 2009
Well one thing is for certain in this episode. The hype was real, and I was absolutely satisfied with the Juggernaut Drive scene. That's not counting Sirzechs' Ruin the Extinct. I wish was the scene where Issei bit off Shalba's arms was a bit more graphic but then again this is DxD...

One thing I didn't like about this episode though... WHERE IS THE OPPAI DRAGON SONG?! They had it for one of the new season previews and hyped the song up so WHERE WAS IT?!
May 30, 2015 9:23 AM

Apr 2008
giggles1337 said:
Well one thing is for certain in this episode. The hype was real, and I was absolutely satisfied with the Juggernaut Drive scene. That's not counting Sirzechs' Ruin the Extinct. I wish was the scene where Issei bit off Shalba's arms was a bit more graphic but then again this is DxD...

One thing I didn't like about this episode though... WHERE IS THE OPPAI DRAGON SONG?! They had it for one of the new season previews and hyped the song up so WHERE WAS IT?!

They're probably saving it for the final fight with Loki
May 30, 2015 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
giggles1337 said:

Graphic scenes are normally toned down on the TV version and made more brutal in the BDs. So it could turn out more graphic, but not really a priority of mine personnally.

It'll probably be added later on. Chill.
May 30, 2015 9:27 AM

Aug 2010
Sirzechs too OP Plz nerf lol

JD was pretty different from how I imagined in the LN tbh ^^; and so was the chant. I thought it will be shouted in rage or well not like this...but it was monotone with more than one of the Sekiryutei's past users chanting it. Still pretty cool. I guess it'll become like Vali when he masters it.

Share a got so REKT!

Nice seeing Ophis. Like her voice :3 and Great Red looks awesome.
Barion-ZaraMay 30, 2015 9:30 AM
May 30, 2015 9:28 AM

Mar 2013
Ok episode although the Juggernaut Drive chant and Great red entrance could have been a lot better than it was.

Chant was described as many voices over lapping together and Great red tore a hole in the rating games barrier (think bleach hollow).
NewhopesMay 30, 2015 9:32 AM

May 30, 2015 9:29 AM

Apr 2008
Barion-Zara said:
Sirzechs too OP Plz nerf lol

JD was pretty different from how I imagined in the LN tbh ^^; and so was the chant. I thought it will be shouted in rage but it was monotone with more than one of the Sekiryutei's past users chanting it. Still pretty cool. I guess it'll become like Vali when he masters it.

Share a got so REKT!

Nice seeing Ophis. Like her voice :3 and Great Red looks awesome.

LOL you haven't seen Sirzech's full power and you won't in this season
May 30, 2015 9:30 AM

Jul 2009
today + :
- Juggernaut drive
- mascotte dragon-sama first apperance

today - :
- where is Oppai dragon song?

i dont remember the par where vali also gone for JD -_-
bruh
May 30, 2015 9:31 AM

Aug 2010
@Darklight0303

I know man, I've read the LN :P Just messing around ^^;
May 30, 2015 9:52 AM
Jul 2018
kei78 said:
today + :
- Juggernaut drive

today - :

That's because in the LN he doesn't. But since they changed the fight against Loki, they probably wanted to make up for it. ^_^
May 30, 2015 10:32 AM

Apr 2008
AverageFanboy said:
kei78 said:
today + :
- Juggernaut drive

today - :

That's because in the LN he doesn't. But since they changed the fight against Loki, they probably wanted to make up for it. ^_^

He was going to but then the song kicked in and snapped Issei out of it
May 30, 2015 10:34 AM
Feb 2015
Juggernaut drive... Holy shit... Issel is really mad. He managed to kill that devil candidate but he went out of control. Good thing rias and vali helped him get back to normal but he collapsed... Probably used too much of his energy and hopefully it's l not the life force. Asia is back, they can't kill of a main character. That would be bad...
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
May 30, 2015 10:47 AM

Feb 2015
issei in juggernaut drive was awesome and he owned the pure devil guy XD
May 30, 2015 10:47 AM

Jul 2014
I think the OPPAI DRAGON song is something that must be in this season and I would like to know if they really did killed Shalba in the anime, because that would also be another thing they changed from the LN.
Also if they took the time to have Vali go JD then I think they should have made the difference more clear.
Well lets hope for a good season finale!!!
May 30, 2015 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
SuperbMex06 said:
I think the OPPAI DRAGON song is something that must be in this season and I would like to know if they really did killed Shalba in the anime, because that would also be another thing they changed from the LN.
Also if they took the time to have Vali go JD then I think they should have made the difference more clear.
Well lets hope for a good season finale!!!

Meh, everyone who read the LN thought Shalba was dead until the people in KB adressed he wasn't so no big deal there.

Dude, the JD armors are like, 5 meters tall. I think it was pretty goddamn different.
May 30, 2015 11:00 AM

May 2013
The big bad Red Dragon Emperor, Issei Hyoudou just rekt everything. Sirzechs sure is one strong demon lord. But still, I venture to guess his limits.
Juggernaut Drive sounds powerful. Even though him and Vali had a little fight, it was still enjoyable. I just wished they prolonged it until next episode.
The great Dragon of Dragons, DD. So that's what they're after. Vali just wants to be at the top.
Looks like that incomplete transformation of his Juggernaut Drive took its toll hard on Issei.
May 30, 2015 11:02 AM

Jul 2012
I heard that this ep skips some important things from the LN. To LN readers, is there a volume i can just jump into for BorN or do I have to start from vol 1?
May 30, 2015 11:06 AM

Feb 2015
JD was beyond amazing, holy that looked so badass, I cannot wait to own this blu-ray.
This season has had it's up and downs but today's episode wass a major plus.
May 30, 2015 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
aznsensation801 said:
I heard that this ep skips some important things from the LN. To LN readers, is there a volume i can just jump into for BorN or do I have to start from vol 1?

It didn't skip anything. It'll be added in later episodes.

You don't have to start from V1, but I reccomend it simply because it's a lot of fun to see everything narrated by Ise. If you want to simply know what they changed, start from volume 5 and go to 7 if you want to know only what was changed. After that is material that'll be adapted in future seasons.

No real need to do so though, the continuity is pretty much untouched.
May 30, 2015 11:44 AM

Sep 2008
aznsensation801 said:

Not only this ep, whole Born is one big fail as adaptation. If you want to see what Born should look like read from 5 to 7 volume. But IMO you should read from 1st because anime always skip some parts from source material.
May 30, 2015 11:58 AM

Jan 2014
Overall a nice episode.
May 30, 2015 12:02 PM

Jan 2014
As a LN reader, i was pleased with this episode. The imperfect JD anime version definitely beats the one from LN by a large margin.

Rias got rekt by issei ;)
May 30, 2015 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
Sacredus said:
aznsensation801 said:

Not only this ep, whole Born is one big fail as adaptation. If you want to see what Born should look like read from 5 to 7 volume. But IMO you should read from 1st because anime always skip some parts from source material.

It's such a big fail that nothing that actually matters for later on was cut out.
May 30, 2015 12:22 PM
Feb 2014
what was the black this that ophis took from issei?
May 30, 2015 12:24 PM
Dec 2010
I'm liking the adaption and was not bothered by the changes, while most people moaned about episode 4, i loved it.

One thing I've liked this season is Koneko warming up to Issei, she's got much cuter especially when in Neko mode.

I've yet to watch the episode, but I've read this part in the light novel, and there is nice Koneko x Issei moment after the battle, i hope it's gets animated as it's to do with his Juggernaut Drive, and the implications of him using it.
"Hurt Issei and you've got one hell of a powerful harem pissed off and ready to destroy your very existence"
May 30, 2015 12:25 PM

Jan 2014
inf1q said:

That was the fallen angel girl (Rainare i think she was called.)that tortured Issei in this season.
May 30, 2015 12:34 PM
Feb 2014
didnt she die? or is it remnent of her powers when she stabs issei with her spears?
May 30, 2015 12:35 PM

Apr 2008
MrEpicMichael said:
inf1q said:

That was the fallen angel girl (Rainare i think she was called.)that tortured Issei in this season.

She likely only took part of it. That trauma plays a role in later events
May 30, 2015 12:50 PM
Feb 2014
so is the black thing his trauma or the fallen angle's powers thats still inside him?
May 30, 2015 12:54 PM

Apr 2008
inf1q said:
so is the black thing his trauma or the fallen angle's powers thats still inside him?

That seems to be what the anime is suggesting
May 30, 2015 12:56 PM

Sep 2011
Holly shitballs! That JD transformation so much goosebump wrong choice shalba rek......fking vali is boss in this ep. Preview show loki is back.
May 30, 2015 1:00 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty meh episode. Juggernaut Drive could have been a lot more badass. Longinus Smasher was underwhelming. I was expecting to see a massive explosion. Can't believe they skipped "The Song of Oppai Dragon" as well.
May 30, 2015 1:16 PM

Mar 2015
That was pretty awesome, and Ophis looks so cute. ^^
May 30, 2015 1:29 PM
Sep 2014
yeah, trainwreck, i still had hopes even though all the changes, BUT TO TAKE MY OPPAI DRAGON SONG, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!!!!

-1 to the score, i'm not kidding
May 30, 2015 1:46 PM

Apr 2014
Wow that was EPIC.
Finally that asshole Diodora is dead for good.
Shalba make the wrong choice of killing Asia...haha got beat up and can't even fight back.
A loli show up and was the leader of Khaos Brigade.
And that last part where they show Issei arm as in his balance breaker form...so he is turning into a real dragon now?
Interesting...can't wait for more to come.
May 30, 2015 1:54 PM

Nov 2014
I have so mixed feeling about episode. And it's rather bad than good. Why ?

1) People lost their mind. Of course their friend was disappeared but it was looked too overreact
2) Asia's role in anime. Although Issei loves Rias( and Akeno), Asia has some kind of unranked status (or gets a lot more space in his heart than Rias. Choose what you like more ). No one gets so much of relationship as Asia. A lot of strongest feelings are involves Asia. Thought Rias is main female character, but all the laurels are going to Asia.

It's not like i dislike Asia, no. I actually like her, she is kind and sweet. But as the part of harem. No one heroine gets so much relationship from Issei like Asia.

Even in this epidose there was too much of "Asia", thought she even wasn't in episode the most time.
May 30, 2015 2:02 PM
Oct 2014
-Dizzy- said:
Pretty meh episode. Juggernaut Drive could have been a lot more badass. Longinus Smasher was underwhelming. I was expecting to see a massive explosion. Can't believe they skipped "The Song of Oppai Dragon" as well.

If you thought the JD was meh and Longinus Smasher as underwhelming then you must have quite high standards. It's probably just me, but I felt quite opposite how you felt regarding those two factors.

I read the LN, but I quite like the changes they made here in this episode compare to LN. Among those changes was Juggernaut Drive vs Juggernaut Drive, what was going through Issei's head (Evil Fallen Angel messing with mind), and how they brought him back to normal.

Although, I agree with you regarding the "Song of the Oppai Dragon". It's a strange feeling where I really do love the change on how they change Issei back (Rias reaching for him), but the fact they took away the song for it is kinda sad (a conflicting feeling) as a LN reader. HOPEFULLY, the series will actually still use the song for something (and maybe for a greater purpose in the later episodes).
May 30, 2015 2:16 PM

Feb 2014
As an LN reader I couldn't be more satisfied, that chant was beyond perfect.
May 30, 2015 2:20 PM
Oct 2014
kseon12 said:

1) People lost their mind. Of course their friend was disappeared but it was looked too overreact
2) Asia's role in anime. Although Issei loves Rias( and Akeno), Asia has some kind of unranked status (or gets a lot more space in his heart than Rias. Choose what you like more ). No one gets so much of relationship as Asia. A lot of strongest feelings are involves Asia. Thought Rias is main female character, but all the laurels are going to Asia.

It's not like i dislike Asia, no. I actually like her, she is kind and sweet. But as the part of harem. No one heroine gets so much relationship from Issei like Asia.

Even in this epidose there was too much of "Asia", thought she even wasn't in episode the most time.

Regading the (2): In the LN, this ep (and the few episodes before it) was more of a Asia arc (like how some characters have a arc that is more focus on them).

Also regarding (1) :I don't think it was an overreaction. Losing someone important to them (be it lover or a family-like member) is sure to instill heavy emotions (I actually know the feeling). After what Issei has been through with Asia and losing her "again" just when he saved her, it's sure to give some major emotional breakdown.

Plus, I think the JD transformation had also had a hand in the "overaction" you claim. Like when one feels negative emotions, something else starts to feed and fuel it.

A example I can think of (manga reference) would be like Naruto (before Naruto had control over the Kyuubi, he would go Kyuubi rage mode). In fact JD (Juggernaut Drive) is sort of parallel to that (Naruto Kyuubi mode).
bkim999May 30, 2015 2:32 PM
May 30, 2015 2:22 PM
Jul 2018
kseon12 said:

Even in this epidose there was too much of &quot;Asia&quot;, thought she even wasn't in episode the most time.

That's because Ise feels a need to protect her, be it from enemies, or from "worldly desires". (Including his)

As for a rank, It goes Rias > Asia > Akeno. At least Akeno said she didn't mind being number 3 in NEW.

He loves Rias more than the others, but he doesn't feel such need to potrect her and the others besides Asia since they are more independent.

Since season 1 he's been saying he wants a harem, so I don't think he'll choose one. and just leave the others.
May 30, 2015 2:34 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A ferociously intense episode. I think it was sort of obvious that Asia was transported rather than just killed, because that beam of light didn't really look like the killing type to me.

Issei's transformation was insane. It was a really emotional moment when Rias was trying to get him to calm down, he hit her more times than I thought he would. A dramatic, but great scene.

I was actually kind of disappointed with Issei and Asia's reunion. Issei went bat shit crazy, farther than he ever has before and they hardly said two words to each other. That was probably the one flaw in this episode.

I figured Issei would be exhausted after what had happened, but perhaps it's something more. I've never seen his arm mangled like that before. Not sure if they decided to make it more detailed, or if that has something to do with why he fainted.

Excellent episode though. It just goes to show that DxD has just as much story as it does ecchi.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

342 by III-D4rKY-III »»
May 8, 4:15 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2015

142 by RorySweeting »»
Apr 30, 1:55 AM

» Is Highschool DxD anti-religious?

Hotdogmaniac - Apr 5, 2015

39 by ANIMESOULSPIRIT »»
Apr 29, 1:49 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

144 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 11:00 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

135 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 9:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.