Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 16, 2014 3:02 AM

Jun 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Just read chapter 44 raw and omg I'm starting to get sooooooo annoyed with Futaba not being able to face her real feelings.

Sure enough it might be tough for her to choose between Touma and Kou but what the heck, Kou is already taking initiative to ask her out and to make things clear with her that he has feelings for her, but instead of answering it honestly, she just puts up a front that is so annoying, denying her own feelings for Kou.

LOL @ how she told Kou she'll definitely erase all memories regarding him away but once she got home, Kou's scarf made her decision waver

I really hope she'll knock some sense into her head soon, Kou gambatte, I'm cheering for you~~~~
Sep 16, 2014 4:27 AM
Sep 2014
Frustration here as well...he was finally being explicit about his feelings and she's like "whaaaat? you kidding? no way!".
But let's not forget Futaba still thinks he was dating Narumi or something...he was not very clear on that point so she might still think he is half-hearted.
Oh and she does not want to hurt the stubborn boyfriend, how foolish can she be?!
Sep 16, 2014 6:36 PM

Jun 2014
I only found chapter 44 in Chinese, you guys can read Chinese? cool
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2014 11:52 PM
Sep 2014
marycosplay said:
I only found chapter 44 in Chinese, you guys can read Chinese? cool

You can find the English translation and the Japanese scans here:

http://weewedd.tumblr.com/post/97204807593/ch-44-translation

http://weewedd.tumblr.com/post/97203301993/ahr-chapter-44
Sep 17, 2014 12:59 AM

Nov 2012
Kikuchi's friend is intriguing me.......... I wonder if he will do something.........

Futaba annoying as she has been lately..... Ok, now I am a bit disappointed on her, before I did thought the only reason she was dating Touma was cause he pressure her, but after this chapter it kind of gave me the feeling she is also doing it to get back a Kou. However, it is a bit weird cause it doesn't really look like she using Touma.
Anyway, am I the only one that thinks that whenever Futaba is talking with Kou she seems like she has more freedom, while on the other hand when she is with Touma she looks a little bit like she is his slave/property. I mean the way she acts around Kou, she shows more emotions, while when she is with Touma she looks so fake trying to be a good girlfriend for him. It is kind of like she has resigned from her free will and decided to abide by Touma rules since she is now his girlfriend.

Touma pathetic as always, seriously at least he went from stealing kisses to grab her hand when he notice she was looking at Kou, the guy clearly likes to live in complete denial.......
Anyway, if only the mangaka would copy the scene from "the world god only knows" where Chihiro is playing the song she wrote of her feelings and crying at the same time would be the best; I would love to see Touma playing his song while crying cause he got dumped.
Sep 17, 2014 11:15 AM
Sep 2013
Wow Fu is still going out with this anthropomorphic pudding o.o!I just can't that guy.On the other hand you can cleary tell that Futaba is still in love with Kou and won't be able to "erase" him at all.I am still rooting for KouxFu and I hope this whole mess will be resolved in the next two chapters.
Sep 18, 2014 1:30 PM
Oct 2013
I can already tell this is going to be dragged out... Maybe Kou will win her back during Christmas?
Sep 18, 2014 1:55 PM

Sep 2008
I must said that Futaba really piss me off...
She really make me think that she want repay to Kou for "hurting" her...

I really dislike how whole Narumi deal was played...
"Oh, you don't tell even if you know this whole time?! So you don't tell me, because I already started dating Kikuchi. That's ok!" -.-
Seriously?
Even Aya who wanted tell Futaba about this and this whole misunderstanding...
C'mon... -.-

I don't like Kou in this chapter...
I know this should be romantic, but...
I don't like this "Stole you back", "Pick me"...
Where is that Kou who cares about Futaba's feelings?

But I liked that part "You really want me disappear?"
but I wish Futaba hesitated, don't reply on this...
I really have enought Futaba behavior... -.-

She really must make something good, but right now,
she really piss me off...

Kinda have mixed feelings for this chapter...
Hope soon Futaba will be honest with her feelings and start to think about other,
than only about herself...

Oh! And one good part was she thought Kou was looking at her, but he don't xD

This must be something with all these series...
Good start and then authors start to think "how much I can spoil this story?"

Kinda wish to AHR end, but really Sakisaka-san wasted so many time for that forced Futaba ship with Touma, so I want at last some Kou/Futaba as couple in few volumes.
If after all these events I will have only one chapter with them as couple.
Then AHR will be last manga I have read created by Sakisaka-san.
Sep 18, 2014 3:00 PM

Nov 2012
LittleStar said:

I don't like Kou in this chapter...
I know this should be romantic, but...
I don't like this "Stole you back", "Pick me"...
Where is that Kou who cares about Futaba's feelings?

I understand what you are trying to say, but what other way does he have to make Futaba be true to herself. I guess him dealing with the situation that way is just the way the mangaka decided to deal with it. Last chapter, out of nowhere Murao and Aya commented that it was too late and that he knew it, so I guess the mangaka decided to make him go for more desperate measures since "it is too late".

Also, it might look a bit selfish, but IMO he is not really sure Futaba still loves him or not. It might look like he is not caring about Futaba's feelings, but I think he still is, he just wants her to be completely sure where she stands. He's been asking her if she has really move on..... The way I see it, he thinks she still has feelings for him and if he just waits for her to realize her mistake, the more painful it will get later on for all of them (I mean: Kou must be hurt seeing the girl he likes with Touma. Touma will keep getting closer to her and getting his hopes up, only to get hurt at the end. Finally, Futaba will feel regret of hurting Touma and Kou, I bet she didn't like to see Kou with Narumi, so it would be fair to expect that she would think Kou was not happy seeing her with Touma); pretty much like what happen with Kou and Narumi, it took him so long to realize his "mistake."

I wouldn't get my hopes up to see some chapter of Futaba and Kou as a couple, most likely will be just like strobe edge and most shoujos were they get together and it's over. Although, if we get something similar to "Tonari no Kaibutsu Kun" with some extra chapter would be nice.

I just hope something interesting coming from Touma's friend. He got me curious........
I don't think the guy will fight Kou or tell Touma to fight Kou or all of them fight Kou.
This is not an NTR manga where he will steal Futaba from Touma, blackmailing Futaba, it would be awesome if weren't because KouxFutaba would be ruin as well....Anyway, Highly unlikely....
So only thing that comes to my mind that Touma's friend can do is either talk to futaba and tell her to be more serious, or talk to Touma and tell him to reconsider his relationship.
Also, in a way Touma's relationship with Futaba could put some strain in their group. Touma decided to play that song, but I wonder if all of them agreed, unless he is doing a solo. If Futaba dumps him, or if he gets sad or whatever before that concert, the other members of the group could also be affected by that.......
Sep 18, 2014 3:37 PM

Sep 2008
I just don't like this part "I'm going to win you back."

Oh! I just noticed something:
Lamunetty translation: I’ll steal you after all.
Chibi scanslation: I'm going to win you back.

Eh... I kinda wish Chibi stopped change sentences even if they fit to moment... -.-
LittleStarSep 18, 2014 3:47 PM
Sep 18, 2014 6:10 PM

Aug 2010
Frustrating... u.u
Sep 18, 2014 6:38 PM

Nov 2011
>I don't think you and Kikuchi are suitable.
True statement there.

Yeah, this was an annoying chapter to read mostly because of some of the dialogues. I hope Futaba changes her mind soon...
Sep 18, 2014 6:42 PM
Apr 2014
Stark700 said:
True statement there.

Yeah, this was an annoying chapter to read mostly because of some of the dialogues. I hope Futaba changes her mind soon...

^

This manga lost its spark few chapters ago, didn't it?

Touma and Futaba just don't look good together [i also hate touma but welp]

I would love if this just ends, like... dragging too much would just make this worse, give a nice, short ending, also, Futaba is getting on my nerves too.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 18, 2014 7:19 PM
Jun 2010
Am I the only one who feels like Toma is manipulating her? "The truth is, if my position is lower than 50 my parents said that I have to stop the band for a while, so its dangerous. But, because I really want you to come to the live show, I studied hard for the test. With this I don't have to worry anymore, and just need to let you come to the show." So his parents say he has to get 50 or higher and he just happens to get 50? It sounds like something he just made up off the top of his head to guilt trip her into coming. Toma's friend too with him calling her a bitch. Dude, your friend practically forced her to go out with him when he knew she still had feelings for Kou. Gahhh, I can't with this manga.
Sep 18, 2014 7:23 PM

Sep 2011
When that guy said she was a bitch on page 30 - All I could do was completely agree. Not about Touma though but about the way she is faking her feelings and the way she is acting to Kou. Futaba has been very annoying and frustrating - denying her own feelings. Saying how he "hurt" her and all that.. . Stupid girl, if you were all that hurt over the things Kou has done you've had a pretty easy life - he didn't do much to "hurt" you. Spoiled b. Most of the chapter I really thought that she needs a good slap upside the head to knock some sense into her, but I think that Kou's words are doing the same thing - making her actually think about her feelings. Know she knows that it really wasn't Kou being too slow it was her trying to move on with Touma too fast without waiting to see. Kou now has told her that he told Narumi - and she has to realize that she did not know that. He is still the one she thinks about - And on that last page maybe she was realizing that. I also thought that Touma was saying those things to make her come watch his show. And purposefully going up to hold her hand because he knew Kou could see him. That's not being a man.
inzarathaSep 18, 2014 7:28 PM
Sep 18, 2014 8:11 PM

Jul 2013
Touma- just go slink off somewhere please, the manga is 10x better in chapters where you do not appear.

Futa- Seriously just take an actual hard stance for once and get a clue as to what you actually want. Hopefully the last few pages is the start of this.

Kou- Keep up the good work, your better now then before when you were acting retarded. Maybe you gave the stupidity disease to Futa tho.

Random side character calling Futa a bitch- Shut the fuck up please, you know nothing about what is going on and making assumptions and insulting your bff's girlfriend. Know your place.

I don't quite agree with a lot of the heat futa is getting. After all you have to acknowledge that Kou was a huge idiot kinda jerking her around for the 1st half of the manga. So she is justified in being pissed at him when it seems like to her that he randomly is doing these things (she doesn't know everything we know). Still she is now seriously thinking and the last page is encouraging that she has "figured things out" and she will dump touma like a hot potato. Though the author could be trolling the fuck out of us.
AerensianicSep 18, 2014 8:41 PM
Sep 18, 2014 8:40 PM

May 2013
Okay. And so I thought Kou would say "I Love You" in this chapter but nope. Yes, I am cheering for you but you should not be so selfish and aggressive to Futaba's feelings. Remember that she changed you? Change her too in a good way.

I could understand Futaba now because she is confused and in denial that is common to a teenage girl but I think she should settle down things with Touma now.

And seriously, I want to understand Touma but I can't hear his perspective. When will be that day, Sakisaka-sensei?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 18, 2014 9:05 PM

May 2014
Ugh! Touma makes me so angry. I feel like half the time he's either guilt tripping Futaba or doing something incredibly pushy/rude to show Kou "hey look what I have that you don't". Honestly I've noticed that the only time he does something to show Futaba how he "really" feels is when he pushing her feelings in one way or another. Such a manipulative asshole.

I'm glad that Kou has finally started being frank with his feelings. I want to be mad at Futaba (I don't really agree with how she's acting) but I really can't. A lot of what she's doing makes sense - up until then she thought he was with Narumi and she's still partly under Touma's fucked up mind control. In her confusion she's trying to just run away from the situation because there are so many emotions swirling inside her. Most people at her age would do the same thing.

I just hope the author starts taking the manga in a clear direction from this point because it's been the same thing for a couple of chapters now. I hope that last page is the author telling us that Futaba is going to realize her true feelings about Kou.
Sep 18, 2014 11:15 PM
Mar 2012
Just slowly, Futaba is going towards Kou...
Sep 18, 2014 11:25 PM

Jul 2010
pyreholocaust said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Just read chapter 44 raw and omg I'm starting to get sooooooo annoyed with Futaba not being able to face her real feelings.

Sure enough it might be tough for her to choose between Touma and Kou but what the heck, Kou is already taking initiative to ask her out and to make things clear with her that he has feelings for her, but instead of answering it honestly, she just puts up a front that is so annoying, denying her own feelings for Kou.

LOL @ how she told Kou she'll definitely erase all memories regarding him away but once she got home, Kou's scarf made her decision waver

I really hope she'll knock some sense into her head soon, Kou gambatte, I'm cheering for you~~~~

She did more than "waver" at the end. She admitted to herself that she heard the voice of her true feelings. She doesn't want Kou to disappear from her heart. She realized that she truly wants to be with Kou and not Touma.

Midorilla said:
Frustration here as well...he was finally being explicit about his feelings and she's like "whaaaat? you kidding? no way!".
But let's not forget Futaba still thinks he was dating Narumi or something...he was not very clear on that point so she might still think he is half-hearted.
Oh and she does not want to hurt the stubborn boyfriend, how foolish can she be?!

When they were in the stairwell, yes, she still thought he was with Narumi, but once she got back to the classroom, her friends informed her of the situation. She now knows that Kou NEVER dated Narumi.

Revetia said:
Ugh! Touma makes me so angry. I feel like half the time he's either guilt tripping Futaba or doing something incredibly pushy/rude to show Kou "hey look what I have that you don't". Honestly I've noticed that the only time he does something to show Futaba how he "really" feels is when he pushing her feelings in one way or another. Such a manipulative asshole.

I'm glad that Kou has finally started being frank with his feelings. I want to be mad at Futaba (I don't really agree with how she's acting) but I really can't. A lot of what she's doing makes sense - up until then she thought he was with Narumi and she's still partly under Touma's fucked up mind control. In her confusion she's trying to just run away from the situation because there are so many emotions swirling inside her. Most people at her age would do the same thing.

I just hope the author starts taking the manga in a clear direction from this point because it's been the same thing for a couple of chapters now. I hope that last page is the author telling us that Futaba is going to realize her true feelings about Kou.

Touma is a pushy jerk. I have said that all along. He pushed for her to date him, even though he admitted that it was really cruel for him to make his move so soon after she was rejected. He told her it was OK that she still had feelings for someone else, which suggests that he is an idiot to begin with.

The writing is on the wall, now. The only question is whether she will break up with him before his concert or if she will wimp out, like she did with Kou for so long, delaying telling him how she really felt until he was so messed up by the situation with Narumi that he felt he couldn't date her in good conscience.

One possibility I see, one that would redeem Touma in my mind, is if his song is basically saying, "I know you don't really love me. I can't take watching you love another man while dating me anymore, so I'm going to set you free."

As for the "Bitch" comment by Touma's friend, I read on another site that the Japanese use of that word is closer to the meaning of "Slut" in the US. It is more of a "bitch in heat" kind of usage, I guess. So you can think of that as him calling her a slut.

I can see a couple of other scenarios other than the song being a breakup song... One is that Touma's friend tells him about what he saw and Touma attacks Kou over it, starting a fight, then Futaba sees them and goes to break it up and either A) gets hit by Touma or B) Kou gets hurt protecting her and it is made clear that she is more concerned about Kou than Touma by her reaction.

We'll see what happens, hopefully in the next chapter. I hope this is the end of this stupid, ill considered, and, frankly, loveless relationship (from Futaba's perspective, at least.)

I wish that Kou would have asked her outright if she really loves Touma, and yes, it would have been better if he said he loves her out-loud, but what he did say, that he couldn't remove her from his heart, is pretty much the same thing, just not as socially inappropriate by Japanese standards.
Sep 19, 2014 12:08 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Month after month of frustration, this manga x__x I really liked Futaba in the beginning of the manga but she's starting to annoy me these days...like how she's putting all the blame onto Kou just because she's in denial that she still has feelings for him. I mean sure most of us will agree that Kou did screw up really badly when he rejected her, but he's the type to choose his words wisely I think. He only told her that he couldn't go out with her, not that he didn't like her in that way (but yeah for the billionth time I really wished he had at least tried explaining or had handled it better). Well I'm happy that Kou is really taking the initiative and is very straightforward, so much that even Futaba doesn't know how to respond. Her responses so far has been mostly out of anger at Kou, but seems like she's realized at the end that she can't let go of Kou.

Stark700 said:
True statement there.

Yes, go Kou. Someone with the right pov on this :) Why can no one tell how hard she's trying to make it work, but not necessarily wanting to love Touma? She thought to herself that there was no pause when Touma asked if she would go to his live, but if she's even thinking about whether or not she's hesitating, then she's already trying too hard...
Sep 19, 2014 12:16 AM
Sep 2014
Aerensianic said:

she will dump touma like a hot potato

LoL :D

zensunni said:

One possibility I see, one that would redeem Touma in my mind, is if his song is basically saying, "I know you don't really love me. I can't take watching you love another man while dating me anymore, so I'm going to set you free."

Too good to be true...he is pretty egoist in love, so I don't think he would do that :(

Aerensianic said:
Random side character calling Futa a bitch- Shut the fuck up please, you know nothing about what is going on and making assumptions and insulting your bff's girlfriend. Know your place.

Am I the only one who is not feeling insulted by Touma's friend insulting Futaba? I mean, Futaba needs to wake up and smell the coffee, and what he did here was giving her some precious insight into what's going on in other people's head. A girl dating a guy but flirting with another one? Running off with him secretly during a school trip? If I was a classmate with no knowledge of her feelings and Touma's manipulation, I would also think she's a slut (same applies if it was a man doing this, no sexism meant here).

I think he is actually doing us a favour, making her realize she needs to stop this behaviour.
Sep 19, 2014 12:35 AM

Feb 2014
Midorilla said:
Aerensianic said:

zensunni said:

Too good to be true...he is pretty egoist in love, so I don't think he would do that :(

Aerensianic said:

Am I the only one who is not feeling insulted by Touma's friend insulting Futaba? I mean, Futaba needs to wake up and smell the coffee, and what he did here was giving her some precious insight into what's going on in other people's head. A girl dating a guy but flirting with another one? Running off with him secretly during a school trip? If I was a classmate with no knowledge of her feelings and Touma's manipulation, I would also think she's a slut (same applies if it was a man doing this, no sexism meant here).

I think he is actually doing us a favour, making her realize she needs to stop this behaviour.

Preach!! I agree with this so much. I can understand why he would call her a bitch.

Fu is driving me crazy. Stop being so wishy washy, choose your man.

I wonder how long they will keep drawing this out for
Sep 19, 2014 4:36 AM

Jun 2008
What's with the fans wanting her already with Kou ? As if he was Mr.perfect , he freakin rejected her before even though she was head over heels in love with him since day 1 it was too sad to watch/read lol , he must feel negative now for being so retarded , breaking the heart of someone u like and spending time with someone out of guilt isnt exactly a smart decision , he hurt both girls and himself in the process lol dead brained Kou

And what about Futuba ? some self-esteem is needed here in her character which is an aspect almost ALL shoujo heroines lack ( sadly ) , he threw her once why not making him suffer a bit more ? and I don't blame the guy who said she's a bitch , anyone who will see a girl dating someone while looking at another as a bitch , for the sake of her pride she should spend more time with Touma , though I already predict her apologizing to him and running like the idiot she is to that half-assed guy.
BishoooDuckSep 19, 2014 4:39 AM
Sep 19, 2014 4:58 AM

Nov 2012
BishoooDuck said:
What's with the fans wanting her already with Kou ? As if he was Mr.perfect , he freakin rejected her before he must feel negative now for being retarded , breaking the heart of someone u like and spending time with someone out of guilt isnt exactly a smart decision , he hurt both girls and himself in the process lol dead brained Kou
And what about Futuba ? some self-esteem is needed here in her character which is an aspect almost ALL shoujo heroines lack ( sadly ) , he threw her once why not making him suffer a bit more ? and I don't blame the guy who said she's a bitch , anyone who will see a girl dating someone while looking at another as a bitch , for the sake of her pride she should spend more time with Touma , though I already predict her apologizing to him and running like the idiot she is to that half-assed guy.

I take it you won't be saying she is bad for using Touma to forget about Kou. What I understood from what you said is that Kou must suffer cause he made her suffer, meaning revenge, which is a bit disappointing from the sweet girl Futaba was portrayed to be, and actually make more sense of what Touma's friend said to her.
Anyway, talking about self esteem, Touma is the one who needs it the most I would think. I mean the guy knows she is still loves the other guy, but doesn't care as long as she is with him.
And actually, sure Futaba needs some self esteem, and she should think a little more about what she really wants instead of keep trying to be the good girlfriend out of obligation wait, isn't this a bit similar to Kou and Narumi's situation, only that Futaba decided to actually date the guy(There is nothing wrong with her being mad at Kou, he did wrong, there is no denying that, but dating someone else to get back at him what a bitch.
What kind of pride can she show by dating Touma without loving him and to get back at Kou.
What kind of pride does Touma have by dating a girl who doesn't love him and that he pressure to date him.
Finally, sure she should spend more time with Touma, but the guy isn't helping is he. He could have gone to the movies with his girlfriend, but no, he is just too gay to watch that movie. He is such a nice guy and perfect boyfriend that he couldn't just go to the movie with Futaba to at least spend some time with her regardless whether he liked or not the movie.
jose21Sep 19, 2014 5:10 AM
Sep 19, 2014 5:35 AM

Mar 2014
Dang, this chapter is starting to get really harsh. Futaba is really starting to annoy me on how she has feelings for Kou but still goes off with Touma. Honestly, I hate Touma the first time I saw him in the chapter.

Throughout the chapters, Futaba is mostly facing the wrong choices. Also, along with Kou he should really be straight up with Futaba and at least say "I love you". You can tell in the chapter that it's really hard to move on for her, but I just want this harshness to end >.<
Sep 19, 2014 7:06 AM
Apr 2014
tingy said:
She thought to herself that there was no pause when Touma asked if she would go to his live, but if she's even thinking about whether or not she's hesitating, then she's already trying too hard...

Sep 19, 2014 8:18 AM

Jul 2010
Tired of Futaba not facing her real feelings already.
And knowing that Murao and Makita knew that if they didn't say shit first to Futaba then Kou would of been with Futaba.
But nooooooooo selfish friends but they wanted Futaba to be happy with Touma ,even though,Touma was a push over,and started with lies

I don't know why but I feel Kou in the sence of suiacide why?!
I mean his face in this chapter is just sadness,but Kou managed to confuse her
The scarf part felt like Gaurmet from Tpkyo ghoul sniffing the shit out of it.

Glad somone finally called her a bitch ,( which I guess is a fan boy) my gosh woman who do you like then ?!
Sep 19, 2014 2:55 PM

Dec 2013
I'm kind of suprised that Futaba is getting so much hate because it's a typical shojo heroine reaction :D and her reaction somehow makes sense.

I would have been so angry if Kou had said 'we can start something now' and she would be all like 'yeaaah, I was waiting for this. I love you. Let's forget everything. Tomorrow I will break up with Touma'.

It was a stupid decision to go out with Touma in the first place , but she was naive enough to believe she would forget Kou.
Now she's in this mess and there's this really nice guy (I don't really like him, but you have to admit that Futaba considers Touma to be a nice guy) who wants to win your love. On the other side there's the guy you really love who until now had the dumb illusion that he needs to help a girl and can't go out with you. Before Narumi appeared Kou gave her false hope and even during the Narumi arc she somehow felt that he loves her too, but doesn't act on it. She had enough, went out with Touma and now suddenly Kou comes and says that he wants to be with her.

She's now in denial and it's time for Kou to show her that he's really serious now.

It feels like a different manga because Kou is persuing her now and I like it. Kou always seemed like a person who's never truly happy, who doesn't act on his feelings and who does not fight for the things he really wants. I don't want to see the passive side of Kou anymore.

And the reaction of Touma's friend was harsh, but I also like it. It's totally understandable.

I guess in the next chapters we will see Futaba's struggle to tell Touma that they should break up.

I don't even know why I wrote so much this time :D.
Ongaku008Sep 19, 2014 3:09 PM
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Sep 19, 2014 6:27 PM

Dec 2013
I'm glad this farce (Futaba & Kikuchi's relationship) seems to finally be coming to a close. This has situation has become increasingly irritating. Made worse by the fact that almost every named/important character has had a role in why this situation has been drawn out the way it has.

I'm also glad that Futaba has basically admitted that she and Kikuchi probably isn't going to work out because she still loves Kou (Big surprise there, right?). I don't know how much longer I could sit there and continue to watch her lie to herself about her feeling for Kou.

here's hoping this situation straightens itself out soon.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Sep 19, 2014 9:09 PM

May 2013
Why is everyone hating on Futaba? In real life, guys like Kou are annoying. It probably just seems to her that he wants her now that she's not free, but he never wanted her when she was single. Or maybe she thought he was too slow and got sick of waiting. You snooze, you lose.

I know this manga will end with her leaving her boyfriend for Kou, but I still wish it didn't. They are cute and he's sweet to her, but she isn't honest with him, so I don't think it'll work.

Touma's friend is rude as hell. It's understandable to be pissed because it seems like she is playing his friend, but to call a girl a slut/bitch is disgusting.
Sep 19, 2014 9:18 PM

Jun 2008
I have to admit, as someone who has never touched or read the manga and has only been watching the anime, these turn of events are extremely disappointing. I would never in a million years would of thought that Futaba would end up dating another guy not named Kou. I SO WANT TO READ THIS MANGA, but I can't knowing that all this broken hearted stuff happens. I'll wait till I hear some good news before I decide to read it. Something that guarantees me that it's going to have a good ending.

Here's my problem with this Touma guy, I'm not really mad that he's dating Futaba like most other people here, I'm not upset that Futaba chose him over Kou either. What upsets me is when a character comes in midway through a story and suddenly "steals" the main Heroine from the Main male protagonist. It just becomes total NTR and I fucking hate that type of story telling.

He could be the nicest guy in the world and it just doesn't sit right with me. The author should of just introduced Touma at the very start and made him a rival to Kou and it would of been a much easier pill to swallow than this.

I have my fingers crossed that this whole mess is going to get resolved but honestly it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if in the end of the story Futaba ended up with Touma with Kou just accepting it and moving on with his life. At the very least I could see Futaba dating Touma and her and Kou just being good friends. Usagi Drop is proof that the main couple don't always get together in the end.
Testament956Sep 19, 2014 9:27 PM
Sep 19, 2014 11:09 PM
Aug 2013
Let me make this short. Reply keeps glitching.

Touma is horrible. He has no righteous motives. He sucks.
Kou needs to explain things more to Futaba. She's confised. They need to have a heart to heart, now.
Dangit Aya and Murao, I'll never forgive them for codemning Kou and Futaba.
Okay chapter.
Sep 20, 2014 2:51 AM

Nov 2012
You know the only thing that really pisses me off more than Touma is Murao and Aya. I mean WTF, why do they always have to say something about Kou being halfhearted. I mean isn't Futaba also halfhearted about Touma by still having feelings for Kou, and she was call a bitch cause of that. How is Futaba not halfhearted as well, how come they can't condemn that relationship as well. Also, aren't they halfhearted themselves. I mean, isn't it being halfhearted, what they did. How come not telling something important and just hope for things to get clear by themselves isn't being halfhearted. If it wasn't halfhearted I would assume they wouldn't really need to feel any regret, or find an excuse to justify their actions. In a way, I think one Touma is more than enough, no need for Aya to become another one. He is getting me frustrated with his attempts to get Murao. Sure, it might have been a day later that she found out, but that doesn't mean that she have to wait for things to escalate and get even worse, and actually they did not even said anything at the end, didn't they know better late than never. How come waiting for things to escalate and get worse is not being halfhearted????????
Got to love the hypocrisy in this manga......
Sep 20, 2014 12:41 PM

Jul 2013
Flick-Chan said:
Midorilla said:

Preach!! I agree with this so much. I can understand why he would call her a bitch.

Fu is driving me crazy. Stop being so wishy washy, choose your man.

I wonder how long they will keep drawing this out for

Totally agree with this. She thinks she's being noble when really she's just being a wimp.
Sep 20, 2014 12:59 PM

Jul 2013
Midorilla said:
Aerensianic said:

zensunni said:

Aerensianic said:

I don't agree, she hasn't been flirting with Kou at all. They are friends they do shit together and even talk sometimes while not with other people. Touma and his whole gang are just annoying.
Sep 20, 2014 1:51 PM

Oct 2011
jose21 said:
Kikuchi's friend is intriguing me.......... I wonder if he will do something.........

Futaba annoying as she has been lately..... Ok, now I am a bit disappointed on her, before I did thought the only reason she was dating Touma was cause he pressure her, but after this chapter it kind of gave me the feeling she is also doing it to get back a Kou. However, it is a bit weird cause it doesn't really look like she using Touma.
Anyway, am I the only one that thinks that whenever Futaba is talking with Kou she seems like she has more freedom, while on the other hand when she is with Touma she looks a little bit like she is his slave/property. I mean the way she acts around Kou, she shows more emotions, while when she is with Touma she looks so fake trying to be a good girlfriend for him. It is kind of like she has resigned from her free will and decided to abide by Touma rules since she is now his girlfriend.

Touma pathetic as always, seriously at least he went from stealing kisses to grab her hand when he notice she was looking at Kou, the guy clearly likes to live in complete denial.......
Anyway, if only the mangaka would copy the scene from "the world god only knows" where Chihiro is playing the song she wrote of her feelings and crying at the same time would be the best; I would love to see Touma playing his song while crying cause he got dumped.

THIS. this is exactly how I feel.
wtfitsmegaman said:
Wow Fu is still going out with this anthropomorphic pudding o.o!

OMG, STOP MAKING ME LAUGH!! HAHAHAHA
Sep 20, 2014 2:25 PM

Sep 2011
wtfitsmegaman said:
Wow Fu is still going out with this anthropomorphic pudding o.o!

OMG I can't believe I missed that great line - so funny XD
Sep 21, 2014 1:59 PM

May 2007
Can't wait for the next chapter....what will Futaba do?? Possibly break up with Touma?

I wonder what Touma's friend will do about it and what will happen to him if Touma or Kou find out that he called Futaba a "bitch".
Sep 21, 2014 2:13 PM

Dec 2012
Well Kikuchi's friend is an asshole.
Sep 21, 2014 6:22 PM

Jun 2014
I have to say Kou knows Futama better than herself, Kou is considerably good, I think.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2014 6:51 PM

Jan 2014
I don't mind if Futaba and Touma break up eventually. But if she's gonna be with Kou right after without any resolve or whatsoever then I'm gonna be freaking pissed. Kou was so indecisive at the beginning so he at least deserve some more harship.
Recommend me an anime
Sep 24, 2014 3:17 AM

Sep 2008
renzbiohazard said:
I don't mind if Futaba and Touma break up eventually. But if she's gonna be with Kou right after without any resolve or whatsoever then I'm gonna be freaking pissed. Kou was so indecisive at the beginning so he at least deserve some more harship.

I don't understand why some people still point out Kou's behavior at the beginning
and ignore all his reasons and intentions why he acted like this.

Like Kou's life don't have a lot of harship... -.-

I want Kou to be happy I have enough when always something stands in his way to happiness...
Sep 24, 2014 10:51 AM

Aug 2011
Ugh... this Manga's literally been tearing me apart. As if the monthly releases weren't frustrating enough to deal with.

The ending of Chapter 44 does provide a glimmer of hope (hopefully), though. I would like to think that she's finally come to a realization as to what's been happening. At least Kou's finally stepping up to the plate as well... he's got a lot of work to do if he wants to really be with Futaba.

As for Touma... bleh. Where the heck did this guy come from? =_=....
Antoan743Sep 24, 2014 11:46 AM
Sep 24, 2014 12:05 PM
Apr 2014
Touma and Futaba, a better love story than Twi- no, wait... this could be even as bad as Twilight.

Sep 24, 2014 12:08 PM

Aug 2011
Reyxe said:
Touma and Futaba, a better love story than Twi- no, wait... this could be even as bad as Twilight.

^ Lol XD.
Sep 25, 2014 12:01 PM

Dec 2012
"Yoshioka-san,were you always such a bitch?"

Yup.

LittleStar said:
I want Kou to be happy I have enough when always something stands in his way to happiness...

I agree.
Sep 28, 2014 5:08 AM

Sep 2014
REVENGE OF THE FALLEN !
i dont like that kikuchi crybaby
Sep 28, 2014 8:34 PM
May 2013
I basically wanna shake all these characters but relationships in which people are bad at expressing themselves (glares angrily at Kou) do end up getting really messy...

Kikuchi /is/ really obnoxious and manipulative, and I wish he could realize that his feelings are so much more about "winning" her and making sure she only looks at him rather than unconditional love.. Kou, for all his faults and indecision, really puts her needs above his. I'm glad he's FINALLY becoming more honest with himself and with her. These whole last few chapters with Futaba and Kikuchi were such a pain to read. I really really hope Futaba figures out her feelings soon.

I was also kinda annoyed with Shuuko for being all "It's better for Futaba's happiness that we don't tell her about Kou's feelings" ...like. Who's to say she wouldn't have been happier dating Kou? I understand that she was trying to be a good friend, but I would want my friends to be completely honest with me, especially in a situation like this, where Futaba was/is so emotionally invested in Kou; it really wasn't Shuuko's place to make such a crucial decision about Futaba's life on her behalf. Who else are you supposed to trust if not your best friends??

I guess this is why I don't agree with all the Futa hate. The girl is literally pushed and pulled around (emotionally AND physically) by every single person around her; her reaction to Kou's 'confession' (how difficult is it to flat-out say 'I like you'???) was completely understandable. If a dude sent me that many mixed signals in the span of one semester, I wouldn't easily believe anything he said either. I think it's high time he expresses his feelings to her.

I really hope they get together soon and the manga fast-forwards to a wedding and ends. It's so painful watching these idiotic teenagers play out their angst-inducing decisions, even though I can completely empathize with pretty much all of them...
Sep 29, 2014 8:32 AM
Sep 2013
So, am I the only one who actually likes the way Futaba is acting?

I think Futaba knows she has still feelings for Kou, otherwise all the time trying to be a good girlfriend to Touma would be pointless. She knows she has feelings for Kou, but thinks they are not right. Because to her Kou is a guy she has a connection with, but for no apparent reason when things get serious lets her down. Like the time they kissed, and then he let her understand that that kiss meant very little to him. We readers know that was a lie said because the whole Narumi mess, but Futaba doesn't.
I actually admire Futaba for trying to be a reasonable person and not the usual shoujo manga heroine that melts when the main guy says something nice to her.

(that being said, I'm rooting for Kou, but I like the way the way the story is being told.)

If I knew things only from Futaba point of view I would try my hardest not to get my feelings get the better of me, at least not until Kou proves to actually be worthy of them.
Maybe it's just me, but if I shared a kiss with a guy and then he'd let me understand that he was just going with the flow and he'd reject me just a couple days after that, I probably wouldn't be expecting anything serious from this guy anytime soon.

But because we know what an amazing guy Kou actually is, so we criticize Futaba for restraining herself and try to move on.

This manga actually stands out for me because of Futaba and how she's trying to do what she believes is best instead of blindingly follow her feelings.

And I don't see anything wrong in being with Touma, because she has always been straightforward and sincere to him.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 8 Discussion

ImNotLulexiaa - Oct 2, 2011

5 by mechautena »»
Sep 16, 3:24 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LittleStar - Feb 11, 2015

108 by Zekkenshin »»
May 29, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 48 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2015

42 by Zekkenshin »»
May 29, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2014

100 by Zekkenshin »»
May 28, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Oct 11, 2014

99 by Zekkenshin »»
May 28, 5:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.