Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2009 12:00 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A lovely episode once again, but season two ended like there are more episodes to follow I sure wish there a third season but I am not so sure there will be more.
Mar 30, 2009 12:31 PM

Jul 2007
Oh god, it's over. I hope there's an OVA or another season or movie. Though, either way, I guess I'm happy with the way it ended. There were some things I wish they would've added in, like Natsume telling his parents. But none-the-less, I'm satisfied. I also liked how they added Reiko in the window at the end. :3
Mar 30, 2009 12:49 PM

Jan 2009
Good episode. Good anime, they kept it nice right up to the end. Ya there could be another season, but even if it ended there, it was still a really good story I think. Lately I've been enjoying these more peaceful animes. Natsume, Mushishi, Aria, etc.
Mar 30, 2009 2:30 PM

Nov 2007
Hmm, sucks that the 2nd season is over...once again =[
Hopefully there would be a second season, this type series can keep going on for who knows how long lol
I wouldnt mind though
The episode was lovely. A 10 from me ~
Mar 30, 2009 3:37 PM

Dec 2007
Lovely ending of a lovely series. 9/10 from me. This is one of those shows that i think i could follow like forever, and it really feels like Natsume could deliver for atleast 1 more season.

Would really want them to go more in depth about Youkai VS Humans, and how Natsume will act towards this. It feels like i've just read a freaking awsome prologue to to something even more awsome!
Mar 30, 2009 3:50 PM

Apr 2008
Well damn, I watched the final eps of my two favorite anime this season. This was a good episode, but it didn't really feel like a final episode. I don't mind if it takes a while but I do hope they make a third season. I'd like a bit of closure with this series. Something to satisfy me enough that I won't be longing for further episodes. I guess I'll just have to be patient and see if a third season is made or not.

As for this ep in detail, I enjoyed how a darker side of Kai was revealed. This show has its theme and they really stick with it. The effects of loneliness on the human/youkai heart. Kai is very powerful but emotionally unstable because he is lonely.

I also liked how Natsume is now able to accept both humans and youkai as being of equal importance to him. That provided a bit of closure. One of the themes throughout has been Natsume's longing to be accepted by people and his unease at only being able to get along with youkai. This part of Natsume's character has been resolved.

The final part of this episode I liked is the finishing touch on the developement in the relationship between Natsume and Nyanko. If felt their friendship had more or less reached the final point of development at the end of ep 7 with Nyanko watching over Natsume but Nyanko telling Natsume that he's glad things turned out the way they did at the end of this ep was the final bit that was left out.

So I suppose some aspects of this episode did feel like a final episode since there was some closure on two important themes but a main theme, perhaps the main theme, hasn't been resolved, which is why it seems to me that a third season would be justified. That theme is Natsume's inability to trust or rely on others. He hasn't told his guardian's about his abilities and he is reluctant to involve his friends in his problems even though they are eager to help. He's not as lonely and isolated as he was at the start of the series but he still tries to keep people at arm's length. There is still a good deal of character development to be done in this area.

Oh and there is also the not so small matter of resolving more of Reiko's back story.
Mar 30, 2009 4:27 PM

Apr 2008
There's so much more that there can be a 3rd season of Natsume. They should focus the first 3 on Kai though. I knew Natsume would choose both humans and youkai who mean everything to him. The whole theme of Natsume Yuujinchou is dealing with being alone, whether you're a human like Natsume or a youkai like Kai. It doesn't matter if you're human or youkai, both have feelings. Reiko making a cameo at the end was pretty well done.

This show gets a 10. I'd love another season or at least a 3-ep OVA with Kai. Hell, anything with Kai, i'd watch. He's just really...adorable. I might even consider this my all-time favorite show with Gundam, Geass, Death Note and RideBack somewhere up there, fighting for #2. I say all of this as a guy, since many here are girls. This show is a must-watch for anyone. Clannad? Pathetic. Real Drama=Natsume, Real Emotions=Natsume.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Mar 30, 2009 4:52 PM

Dec 2007
ArrancarNelTu said:
There's so much more that there can be a 3rd season of Natsume. They should focus the first 3 on Kai though. I knew Natsume would choose both humans and youkai who mean everything to him. The whole theme of Natsume Yuujinchou is dealing with being alone, whether you're a human like Natsume or a youkai like Kai. It doesn't matter if you're human or youkai, both have feelings. Reiko making a cameo at the end was pretty well done.

This show gets a 10. I'd love another season or at least a 3-ep OVA with Kai. Hell, anything with Kai, i'd watch. He's just really...adorable. I might even consider this my all-time favorite show with Gundam, Geass, Death Note and RideBack somewhere up there, fighting for #2. I say all of this as a guy, since many here are girls. This show is a must-watch for anyone. Clannad? Pathetic. Real Drama=Natsume, Real Emotions=Natsume.

This show is good and all, but dont complain about the emotions being bad in Clannad, and now im talking about After story mostly. Really, the emotions shown in After story are perhaps the best ones(most real ones) i've seen. I havent watched Kanon or Air yet though.
Mar 30, 2009 6:10 PM

Jun 2007
Great episode.
Im glad that Natsume found his happiness with humans and Youkai [btw loved this episode's title: Hito to Youkai n_n]

And now that its over ;_; I can say that this season was very good, hope theres a third one. Meanwhile i will read the manga.

Couldnt help it and gave it a 10/10

Mar 30, 2009 8:47 PM
Mar 2009
I want to read the manga but I could only find volume 1-4 translated = /
Mar 30, 2009 9:41 PM

Jun 2008
NOOOOOOOOOO IT'S THE END T_T I want more, i just NEED this anime T_T
Mar 30, 2009 9:53 PM

Jun 2008
Takai said:
NOOOOOOOOOO IT'S THE END T_T I want more, i just NEED this anime T_T

me too.

I don't want it to be over T_T

I loved this episode and pretty much every other episode. 9/10 from me
Mar 30, 2009 10:13 PM

Feb 2008
a very very good ending. there is so much left though i really hope they make an S3. hmm reiko was there at the end but i guess it was more symbolic than actual. or maybe she is somewhere out there.
Mar 31, 2009 1:10 AM

Jun 2006
;o; Aww it's over~

I want another season or OVA~
Mar 31, 2009 2:45 AM

Sep 2008
*prays hard for a season 3*

I absolutely love this series.
Natsume and Nyanko-sensei's friendship has certainly deepened and when Natsume said "Thank you for being with me" to Nyanko-sensei, I smiled.

But then I shed a tear at the ED because I realised that there's no more Natsume and co. to look forward to every week... T_T
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Mar 31, 2009 4:16 AM
Feb 2008
^^ Nice ending ,I really liked this and I hope for another season (or at least an ova /movie)
To bad that I won't have anything to watch on mondays eh well anyway good anime 9/10
Mar 31, 2009 9:12 AM

Jun 2008
really want season 3 >_<
If there is one, they should elaborate more on Reiko =)
and of course Kai, he's so adorable xD
Mar 31, 2009 2:26 PM

Mar 2009
that was a really good episode and a really good ending =). hoping for a season 3 too!! more about the evil lady who hates youkai, forgot her name, but yeah. Also more taki x natsume!! if possible...=D
Mar 31, 2009 9:01 PM

Aug 2007
I really enjoyed this anime, its such a rare find now a days to find an anime that leaves a good feeling, and this did. I'm so sad that this had to end. Definitely one of my favorites.
Mar 31, 2009 11:57 PM

Apr 2008
I didn't really think it was a good ending.
Heh, maye I just wasn't into it while watching, but I'm not really satisfied. XD I want more~ haha :P

どんなに小さなつぼみでも、ひとつだけのHappiness. :)
No matter how small the bud may be, it is just one Happiness. :)

Apr 1, 2009 5:03 AM

Jan 2008
Whoa, this anime definitely deserves a third season or at least an OVA :] *crosses fingers*
We're all insane
Apr 1, 2009 6:44 AM

Aug 2007
It's so sad that it ended... Probably because of that fact I even cried at the last scene ;(
Apr 2, 2009 12:58 PM

Oct 2007
I loved it :3
nice ending but i so want another season to be made!
10/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2009 2:35 PM

Dec 2008

P.S. In addition to my input, I have to say that it was about time Nyanko admitted to being "worried" about Natsume as he runs off to become our hero of the day. So it's good to see that their bond has become stronger than ever before. =D

This is rare for me to say this: it would be nice for this show to have a third season hehe. But it’s acceptable if the creators leave the animation with only two seasons. It was a nice way to end the series. The entire two seasons continued to possess the amicable, peaceful aura it always contained. So I’m relieved to see that in the end of it all, Natsume and friends were capable of releasing an emotional and thoughtful impact on the audience. It’s worth my applause. :]
~ SilentMuse, At Your Service. ~
Apr 3, 2009 8:28 AM
Oct 2008
While it wasn't my favorite episode of the series, it was not a bad episode. It was still very good, and it was nice to see another 2-episode arc. But personaly, I'd have preferred to see an episode like episode 10 be the last episode of the series. If they ended off with episode 10's plot, and say, had the 2 episode arc with Kai and Taki be the 11th and 12th episode's respectively, then it'd be much better, in my personal opinion.

At least, for ending off the series with a sence of some sort of closure. Since the 10th episode had some of that, emotionally.

Not that that 13th episode didn't. But the... 'point' of the episode seemed a little drowned out, and felt more like a middle-season episode rather than a end-season episode.

... If anyone understands what I'm actually getting at.

It was nice to see that at the end of season 2 his view is completely different.

Episode 1 - Season 1 - Natsume clearly dislikes both humans and youkai
Episode 13 - Season 2 - Natsume clearly likes both humans and youkai.

So... that was very nice to see.

A very good episode. But it didn't do the ending quite enough justice.

I pray for a 3rd season at some point. There needs to be more closure with Natsume and his gaurdians, and him keeping so much to himself when he thinks that it'll be a bother to others. We need more of a that in the series, since it clearly hasn't been touched on enough quite yet.
AzumizaiApr 3, 2009 8:32 AM
Apr 3, 2009 1:02 PM
Aug 2008
This is one of those series that has all the elements I enjoy; fantasy, humor, adventure and mystery. At the same time, while it feels like a serious work; I have that comforting feeling that nothing truly bad will happen to any of the characters;and that serves a great deal to lift my spirits.

I wonder how far along the manga has gone and if their are many developements after series 2 ends. I would love to see Natsume become a sort of apprentice to Natori, even with their differing attitudes toward Yokai.
Apr 4, 2009 4:21 AM

May 2008
Nice way to end it but so many open-ended questions left unanswered, and so much potential for a third season. So yeah. We need a 3rd one. :D
Apr 5, 2009 10:46 PM
Mar 2008
I won't really care if this goes on forever.
Apr 5, 2009 11:53 PM

Nov 2007
Third season want, third season want, third season want, gosh I love this series. Not a bad way to end the season imo. I'll never stop saying how wonderful this series is.
Apr 6, 2009 1:09 AM

Jul 2007
The last few moments in the race to the well were kind of intense, I was even thinking that Natsume might have to kill Kai but I liked how it was resolved.
The ending was very nice.

Anyway, it was a very satisfying end to the season,
but I definitely want a 3rd :]

10/10
Apr 6, 2009 1:46 AM

Apr 2008
I really hope there's a third season on the way xD
Apr 6, 2009 2:48 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Reiko~

What a sweet finish to a great season. I really wouldn't mind more. 9/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 6, 2009 4:17 AM

Dec 2007
Make a movie plz
Apr 6, 2009 5:10 AM

Jul 2008
I frecking love this anime 10/10 want more!
Apr 6, 2009 5:39 AM

Mar 2008
Bah, it's over T_T. Nice touch with adding Reiko to the window at the end.
Apr 6, 2009 8:45 AM

May 2008
I like this anime so much. I don't want it to end yet T_T

I definitely want a third season.
Apr 6, 2009 8:58 AM

Sep 2008
I want a tenth season. XD
Apr 6, 2009 9:52 AM
Oct 2008
seishi-sama said:
I want a tenth season. XD

Seconded. XDDD
Apr 6, 2009 10:40 AM

May 2007
Season 3? Very good episode, to go along with all the rest of them? Seriously name one bad episode.

9/10
My anime list
Apr 6, 2009 2:50 PM

Sep 2008
I want Natsume forever, just one season with 1310298410941 eps x_x

Sad it's over. I hope another season T_T or a movie, ova, anything ._.' gonna miss x_x
Apr 6, 2009 3:43 PM
Oct 2008
natsuyuuzora said:
I want Natsume forever, just one season with 1310298410941 eps x_x

Sad it's over. I hope another season T_T or a movie, ova, anything ._.' gonna miss x_x

They should call it that

"Natsume FOREVER"

It keeps going and going and going and going...

And the commercial for it can have Nyanko-sensei with a drum. :D
Apr 6, 2009 4:58 PM

Jan 2009
I don't understand the part with Kai and the Book of Friends...
What did he mean? And was that flower always there at the back of the book?
Apr 6, 2009 6:16 PM
Sep 2007
lazy34 said:
I don't understand the part with Kai and the Book of Friends...
What did he mean? And was that flower always there at the back of the book?

After Natsume was knocked out by the ogres, Kai saw the book lying near him. As he picked up, he realized that the book originally belonged to Reiko and that Natsume, being her grandson, he thought Natsume was going to write his name into the book as well. Kai misunderstood this until he saw the flower pressed into the back.

In episode 12, Natsume, Taki & Kai were making flower circlets in field. Natsume treasured that moment and saved a flower from that time to remember him. That flower could symbolize friendship; instead of writing Kai's name in the book & having control over him.
Apr 6, 2009 7:08 PM
Aug 2008
Three or four seasons of Natsume in high school is okay.

After that they need to let Natsume get older, either go to college or get a job, etc.

How would Natsume be able to cope with an urban environment? He'd have to go to a rural college to be close to the youkai.
Apr 6, 2009 10:18 PM
Dec 2007
Ah, just the kind of ending I wanted for Natsume and company. Tak <3.

I loved this episode, especially Kai and his loneliness; much like Natsume's. Natori is not that bad of a guy, but I do agree with that Nyanko said about him being insensitive. Natsume choosing both humans and youkai was expected, but that is Natsume for you. Kai turning almost evil (as close as you can get in this show at least) was expected but I liked it, along with the whole "I don't like to trouble Natsume" thing.

As for the very end of the episode, it was nice to see everyone enjoying themselves. Of course Natsume had to be alone since he always distances himself from everyone but I am glad that he has matured over the past season. No more of that "I can't hurt youkai" mentality. Nyanko admitting that he likes being with Natsume was also great, we all know how much they like being with eachother. I have to mention the Reiko cameo at the end, it was a very good scene.

10/10 for epicness. Season 3 please.
Apr 6, 2009 11:58 PM

Nov 2007
sandreen said:
I didn't really think it was a good ending.
Heh, maye I just wasn't into it while watching, but I'm not really satisfied. XD I want more~ haha :P

thats the point of a good ending. it makes you want more bc its that good.
Apr 7, 2009 4:50 AM

Oct 2007
I for one, postponed watcing the last episode for about a week
I my mind I thought that if I don't watch the ending then the series is not finised, at least for me.
But of course I was curious so I couldn't wait any longer.
Too bad, I don't think there will be another season. And if you really think of it maybe it is for the better because who knows what the third season might've been and have spoiled all the story and fun so far.
Now I am watching Mushishi because I heard they have someting in common. Although I am sure I won#t be able to find the same atmosphere in another anime that gives a mood such as good as Natsume I want to keep on trying.
So... hopefully we'll be talking on an anime forum like Natsume;s
Apr 7, 2009 5:07 AM

Sep 2008
twisteda said:

Now I am watching Mushishi because I heard they have someting in common. Although I am sure I won#t be able to find the same atmosphere in another anime that gives a mood such as good as Natsume I want to keep on trying.

Mushishi doesn't have the atmosphere similar to Natsume. Try Aria instead.
Apr 7, 2009 6:49 AM

Sep 2007
That was awesome. Too bad it's over =/ I can only hope for a third season. 10/10
Apr 7, 2009 7:47 AM

Dec 2008
Sayako said:
There were some things I wish they would've added in, like Natsume telling his parents.
I'm chinese and a lot of japanese culture is similar to chinese culture, so when I saw a certain scene, I got chills because I sort of knew the deeper meaning behind that scene.

I've been having a hunch for the last half of this season that Touko-san and Shigeru-san knew about Natsume's secret, or knew that there is something going on

....so when I saw the windchime, I got a rush of chills and this warm feeling.

In chinese culture, it's actually considered to be bad luck to put up windchimes because it attracts ghosts and spirits and all sorts of things that isn't pleasant. So when I saw how Touko-san and Shigeru-san put up that windchime back up and that they know Natsume had origianlly took it down....

...I just KNOW that they know about Natsume's secret. I was at tears when Touko-san said "It's okay" as if she's reassuring Natsume, telling him that they are okay with him and accept him the way he is along with his secret.

So with that conclusion between Natsume and Touko/Shigeru, and the feelings that Nyanko-sensei has for the relationship between him and Natsume...I am extremely happy with the final episode :D

I only wish that we could see a sort of reunion between Natsume and Kai :P

I'm really going to miss this series a lot...I really hope that there is a new season..I mean, anything is possible right?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

noteDhero - Jan 19, 2009

106 by Muow »»
May 6, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

dbaranyi - Mar 23, 2009

105 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 3, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MaxCrazy7 - Mar 16, 2009

101 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 3, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

noteDhero - Mar 9, 2009

125 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 3, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aznixiboy - Mar 20, 2009

56 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Feb 8, 2:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.