Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2014 5:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh Hikaru silly you this episode.

I do see a little chemistry between him and Miuna though when they went shopping. I find their connection cute tbh with the handshake. "Baka" XD

I was kinda scared at that brief accident though but looks like Miuna discovered something wonderful. Oop, look who's back at the end!
Jan 23, 2014 5:54 AM

Jan 2009
the end = cliffhanger...

I don't like Miuna, as much as I try to like her, I can't. I find her extremely boring, so for me this episode isn't so good... the next episode seems to be great
english isn't my native language... ;)
Jan 23, 2014 5:57 AM
Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh Hikaru silly you this episode.

I do see a little chemistry between him and Miuna though when they went shopping. I find their connection cute tbh with the handshake. "Baka" XD

I was kinda scared at that brief accident though but looks like Miuna discovered something wonderful. Oop, look who's back at the end!

Where did you see the ep?
Jan 23, 2014 6:20 AM
Aug 2013
kido22 said:

Where did you see the ep?

Watch raws.

I was taken aback by the accident. Almost thought that Miuna would drown but it seems that she transformed and now has ena to be able to breathe underwater. Her eyes even became bluer.

Theory in the show: Land people all have brown eyes. Sea people have blue eyes. Land and sea halfs have brownish-blue eyes and may turn blue or brown.

Looks like the sea village has defrosted?

That fight between Miuna and Sayu was so emotional.

The ending surprised me. I saw someone naked walking and was like: Kaname!! You are back!
mianghueiJan 23, 2014 6:28 AM
Jan 23, 2014 6:20 AM

Nov 2013
Average episode, too much of scenes with Miuna.

Next episode Kaname come back and it looks he lives with Chisaki and Tsugumu
Jan 23, 2014 6:24 AM
Jan 2014
Miuna can breathe in water?
from what I've seen from the previews, it seems normal Chisaki with Kaname instead sayu afraid to incontrarlo.non I think that will be live tsugumu and Chisaki?
Jan 23, 2014 6:25 AM
Jan 2014
I had a hunch that Kaname will end up living with Tsumugu and chisaki. Here comes drama!
Jan 23, 2014 6:27 AM

Apr 2011
Not really a fan of Miuna, so this episode was meh until Kaname came along. PREPARE FOR DRAMA
Jan 23, 2014 6:29 AM
Jan 2014
KillerBee721 said:
I had a hunch that Kaname will end up living with Tsumugu and chisaki. Here comes drama!

it may be that Kaname goes to live in the house of tsugumu and Chisaki because he wants to fight for her?
I find it too embarrassing.
Jan 23, 2014 6:33 AM
Jan 2014
kido22 said:
KillerBee721 said:

it may be that Kaname goes to live in the house of tsugumu and Chisaki because he wants to fight for her?

Hmmm that might not be the case of fighting for her. He just needed a roof over his head and Tsumugu's house is probable. It was meant for him to because this will create friction in their relationships and that's what us audience wants to see.
Jan 23, 2014 6:37 AM
Jan 2014
KillerBee721 said:
kido22 said:
KillerBee721 said:

Hmmm that might not be the case of fighting for her. He just needed a roof over his head and Tsumugu's house is probable. It was meant for him to because this will create friction in their relationships and that's what us audience wants to see.

friction, there will be a war, it may be that you went to her only to find her,
but no one talks about the fact that Miuna can breathe in water?
Jan 23, 2014 6:42 AM

Jan 2009
kido22 said:
KillerBee721 said:

No ... he don't have familiars in the land, Akari's house is already "full" now with Hikari, the only person that can help him in this moment are Chisaki and Tsumugu... I think there not was another option.

Of course this creates a drama in the series... Tsumugu likes Chisaki, I think it is very clear at this moment, but he knows that Chisaki likes Hikari... but... Is he knows that Kaname likes her? Ohh this will be cool =P

The three best characters for me in this series are Tsumugu, Chisaki and Kaname. I really don't care for the others
english isn't my native language... ;)
Jan 23, 2014 6:45 AM
Jan 2014
If Miuna ena is awakened to whatever reason....does that mean anyone related to the sea people will too? Hmmm...
Jan 23, 2014 6:50 AM
Jan 2014
mixordia said:
kido22 said:
KillerBee721 said:

No ... he don't have familiars in the land, Akari's house is already "full" now with Hikari, the only person that can help him in this moment are Chisaki and Tsumugu... I think there not was another option.

Of course this creates a drama in the series... Tsumugu likes Chisaki, I think it is very clear at this moment, but he knows that Chisaki likes Hikari... but... Is he knows that Kaname likes her? Ohh this will be cool =P

The three best characters for me in this series are Tsumugu, Chisaki and Kaname. I really don't care for the others

really is the professor at home
tsugumu is certainly in love with Chisaki (the same tsugumu is convinced that Chisaki is still in love with hikari) Kaname is in love with Chisaki, "for ora.ho a premonition that there will be something with sayu," I think kaname will leave at the end Chisaki lose. ...
Jan 23, 2014 6:56 AM
May 2011
It is already too late for Kaname. In the past there was Hikari as a "rival" who he couldn't defeat. Now it is Tsumugu for whom Chisaki already had some feelings though didn't admit it.

If Chisaki's love for Hikari was when she was still a child now the situation will be different. She has grown and matured and that soild relationship she has with Tsumugu even though it can't be called as a love yet won't be broken by Kaname.
Jan 23, 2014 6:58 AM

Oct 2012
Now he's back.... :") i wonder if miuna can breath underwater too now,,

Jan 23, 2014 6:59 AM

Nov 2013
People who think that kaname has no chance with Chisaki don't know Mari Okada. TsugumuXChisaki is too obvious, Okada loves a good twist ;)
Jan 23, 2014 7:01 AM
Jan 2014
kaname for this will end up in the house of Tsumugu, in this way Chisaki will realize that test something for tsugumu
PS: kaname will tell you for sure if there is something between her and tsugumu?, And miscellaneous things ... a person who knows that there is something between the two does not go to their house to destroy tutto.ma kaname will give the shock at all.
Jan 23, 2014 7:05 AM
Jan 2014
Maybe i watched too much drama and I didn't think Okada's plot twist to be that surprising regarding relationships like in true tears or iroha (don't remember name). But plot twist could be anything, makes the ride more fun eh? :)
Jan 23, 2014 7:09 AM
Jan 2014
KillerBee721 said:
Maybe i watched too much drama and I didn't think Okada's plot twist to be that surprising regarding relationships like in true tears or iroha (don't remember name). But plot twist could be anything, makes the ride more fun eh? :)

in the sense that plot twist? whether you're referring to the fact that kaname will stay at the home of tsugumu I had already guessed, I'm not surprised
Jan 23, 2014 8:22 AM

Dec 2011
Miuna can breathe under the water now? She developed ena? Just like that? What does that mean? Sure, she was half sea-person, but we were told before that they couldn't go into the sea. What changed?

Kaname returns in style. Walk up naked to someone sweeping in the street, in the snow, without any sign of cold or being self-conscious, and ask what day it is.

Shopping trip for the family gets cut short by the little kid (I never bothered learning his name) getting rubella (seriously? such an easily preventable disease...), so it's just Miuna and her sweetheart Hikari. Oh, and Sayu gets dragged along for no real reason - something she gets very upset about. Especially when she sees Miuna flirting away - leading to a big fight between the two.

Despite going all the way to the city, though, they don't end up actually buying what they came for. The tailor mentioned that there weren't many people on the surface getting schooled... I did notice that the classroom was smaller than before. What does that mean?

Meet up with Miuna after sending Sayu on her way on the pier of the now abandoned shipyard. After a brief conversation and confrontation, the crane collapses between them. Did they really disturb the place that much?

Hikari gets stuck on the landward side, and Miuna falls into the sea... where she mutates into a sea-person.
Hikari rescues her, surrounded by a shaft of light of course for good measure. And Sayu is there waiting for them, deep with worry for her best friend after she found a thrown boot.
kuuderes_shadowJan 23, 2014 8:35 AM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 23, 2014 8:26 AM
Jan 2014
today's episode was not interesting, only the part of Miuna breathing in the water, not Capico how this could happen? there will be a reason?
kaname for sure okada did all this to give a jolt to the life of tsugumu and Chisaki, (ie do admit that Chisaki feelings for tsugumu) the same as Kaname has done with hikari and manaka.chisaki seemed natural to him, so she has never been in love with kaname, it was kind of a brother or best amico.kaname the will of questions: the type, you're in love with tsugumu or various things, then there's the fact sayu.siamo sure that he will live to tsugumu and Chisaki?'s not forget that kaname was thrown from the boat to no longer want to suffer for Chisaki, if you go to their house, surely suffer
Jan 23, 2014 8:31 AM

Nov 2012
Another amazing episode !
Kaname came back and Miuna has her own ena now :)
But still, I want Manaka to come back and have a relationship with Hikari.
Miuna should just go out with that classmate guy.

kuuderes_shadow said:
Miuna can breathe under the water now? She developed ena? Just like that? What does that mean? Sure, she was half sea-person, but we were told before that they couldn't go into the sea. What changed?

I hope tsumugu can get his own ena now...

Mod Edit: Double Post combined.
rodacJan 24, 2014 3:54 PM
Jan 23, 2014 8:38 AM

Dec 2011
WataMika said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

That's what I was thinking. After all, he's part sea-person as well. If that's even the important thing. It's possible that ANYONE could develop ena.

I wonder how many of the other residents of Oshiooshi have ancestors from the sea... By the sounds of some of the things said earlier in the series, quite a few of them should do. Can they all develop ena from going underwater?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 23, 2014 8:40 AM
Jan 2014
WataMika said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

tusgumu could in theory also have the ena
Jan 23, 2014 8:41 AM

Feb 2011
Uwahhh , seems like Kaname woke up.

And Miuna can breathe underwater. Not that surprising knowing that her natural mother came from the sea aswell , but I totally forgot about that and the twist got me xD
Jan 23, 2014 8:51 AM

May 2013
Kaname's back. Now Miuna's able to swim and breathe underwater. Wonder how that happend.
Jan 23, 2014 8:52 AM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.Can't wait for next one.
Jan 23, 2014 8:54 AM

Aug 2010
Okay ep. Loving Hikari a lot. His attitude in class was really cool ^^

Loving the OP more and more every time I watch it :D

Miuna is making me confused. Some scenes I just find her so friggin adorable <3 and some others I can't like her that much. I like her cuteness but as a character she's missing something. I do ship her with Hikari though.

I really wonder what triggered Miuna's Ena?? Is it permanent or just for the occasion? Can anyone who is part sea-person develop Ena (Tsumugu)?? Or there needs to be conditions? Quite a few questions this ep added.

The end was awesome! Damn!! Lol'd at how they showed him naked asking about the date XD Calm and collected as usual I see ^^
But really if Kaname will live with Chisaki and Tsumugu O_O
I just feel bad for him already :(
How much more suffering do u want this guy to have T^T

PS...I just love Akira. He's hilarious XD
Jan 23, 2014 8:55 AM

Sep 2013
Kaname returns with glory. Hail Kaname.

Miuna has Ena now. I feel so happy since she can swim with Hikari now, Hikari x Miuna gogo!
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Jan 23, 2014 8:57 AM

Dec 2012
mixordia said:
the end = cliffhanger...

I don't like Miuna, as much as I try to like her, I can't. I find her extremely boring, so for me this episode isn't so good... the next episode seems to be great

My thoughts exactly.
Jan 23, 2014 8:58 AM

Jan 2014
I really didn't want Kaname to come back because I don't want to see his soul get crushed when he learns about Chisaki and tsumugu living together. The boy's already been through too much suffering.
Jan 23, 2014 8:59 AM

Dec 2011
Ooh. Kaname finally!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2014 9:02 AM

Dec 2012
No Chisaki this episode... why.
I can see now why people hate Miuna,she is kind of annoying. It's like Miuna tries to take the place of Manaka. Well,she's doing great. Now I hate both of them.
Sayu > Miuna

Oh,Kaname,yes. Finally.
Jan 23, 2014 9:14 AM

May 2012
Sayu was just complaining how Miuna gets everything and then she suddenly gets mermaid powers -.-

Fucking retarded.

Only thing that saved this episode at the ending was Kaname coming back in all his nude glory
Jan 23, 2014 9:15 AM
Jan 2014
who says that he will live in the house of Tsumugu kaname, kaname was thrown from the boat because he did not want to suffer seeing Chisaki tsugumu embrace her, for he had understood something.
Jan 23, 2014 9:28 AM

Feb 2013
Did Miuna grow ena? Or maybe it was temporary, or something she imagined? Hikari didn't really have any reaction to what she was saying after he took her out of the water. Maybe what happened isn't limited to the half sea-born, as all the people on the land are descendents of people who once lived in the sea. Maybe the Ofunehiki, or the calamity the sea people wanted to hibernate through has something to do with it.

This is certainly more interesting than Kaname. He's a boring character, anyway.
Jan 23, 2014 9:39 AM

Dec 2013
"KANAME'S NAKED GLORYYYYYYYYY!"
-the entire episode for me
Jan 23, 2014 9:40 AM

Aug 2013
Ohh look who's back.
Jan 23, 2014 9:42 AM

Aug 2012
This will probably end up being the weakest episode of the second half. Not that it was bad, but Miuna and Sayu drama just doesn't compare to the rest. So I'm glad they settled it in this episode. That said, Kaname is back finally and Miuna gained ena somehow, interested to see how that'll develop.

Poor Sayama has just become the 'guy with the car' plot device.
Jan 23, 2014 9:42 AM

Jan 2014
This episode wasn't as good as the past episodes.
As other said, Miuna is great but also abit annoying just like Manaka was.
No Chisaki this episode T_T
Kaname back at the end, exactly as I thought this episode will play out xD
Melon
Jan 23, 2014 9:45 AM
Jan 2014
I thought it was an "ok" episode, just mostly relationship building between Hikari and Miuna. But I'm pretty interested in seeing the explanation of how Miuna got Ena though.

I expected Kaname to come back this episode so I'm really happy that he did.

I'm excited to see the next episode though, the drama should be gooooood.
Jan 23, 2014 9:49 AM

Oct 2013
I've stated this before and I'll call it now(even though I may be wrong) There has been a low birth rate with the land people as stated this episode right? I believe that the sea god has connected sea and land people together to stop the sea people from dying out. This is why Miuna could breathe underwater.

Kaname doing what he does best. Even though he's not my favorite character he sure has some bad ass moments. Walking down the street ass naked like it was a thing lol.

Miuna again is seen acting childish this episode. If you think about it though she only could've asked Sayu to come to smooth things out because she knows if Sayu asked her for help she'd do so easily.

No Chisaki this episode. Kind of sad. Now the living arrangements seem somewhat catastrophic. Again though, seeing as how both Kaname and Tsumugu are the types who usually think before they act I don't see a whole deal of confrontation to be placed in this development. At least not as of yet.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 23, 2014 9:49 AM
Jul 2013
Flawless, just like every other episode of this anime. I gotta say i'm pretty curious to see all the drama that will come out of Tsumugo and Chisaki living with Kaname, I reckon that some pretty heavy feels will come out of it :D.
Jan 23, 2014 9:51 AM

May 2013
D'aww, cute episode, looks like Miuna can be like her mother :o
Now Kaname is here, love to see the others' reaction to his arrival.
Jan 23, 2014 9:52 AM

Jun 2013
I love Miuna but Sayu was right in that girls quarrel.

Kaname is back with his flat ass as calm as always politely asking for clothes.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 23, 2014 9:55 AM
Jan 2010
Holy crap so many new developments. First off Kaname's back!!! Here comes the drama. They will definitely put him in Tsumugu's house for us. I wonder what will happen with him and Tako-san. How will Hikari react. Also the village is defrosting. :3
Secondly, MiunaxHikari. Except Hikari is friend zoning her so badly. However, Miuna can swim!!!!!!! Will that mean Tsumugu will be able to swim like we saw in the first OP???
Oh man developments!
Jan 23, 2014 10:00 AM

Oct 2010
I really am glad that Hikari isn't obsessing over getting Manaka back, that would've annoyed me. Now I can only hope Kaname won't get all depressed about Chisaki and Tsumugu.
Jan 23, 2014 10:20 AM

Jul 2013
Well this is an okay episode though not much happen in here, except the ending parts where Miuna can breath underwater (Ena probably) and Kaname waking up and resurvice in the lands. Though the drama between Miuna and Saya was okay, but I felt it was cliche in sort of way. Nevertheless still enjoy the show.

Now it's Manaka's turn to wake up at some point...

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

203 by Baskarite »»
Yesterday, 2:15 PM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

13 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Jul 17, 8:15 AM

» The ending (spoilers)

solele - Jul 13, 2021

14 by Silveredge7 »»
Jul 15, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

653 by EsieEyen »»
Jun 25, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

432 by CrimsonMidnight »»
Jun 24, 5:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.