Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 10, 2008 1:23 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
oh wow so suzaku used freiya.

nice to see kallen back, at least she pwned that vampire idiot.

lelouch is going to be piiiiiiiissed next week. fuck yeah nina & schneizel.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Aug 10, 2008 1:23 AM

Feb 2008
Aghhhhhh! Suzaku's geass pulled the trigger of Freyja...
The excitement of Kallen's coming back has gone with so many deaths...
Did Nunally really die? Superwoman Sayoko was there, I hope she saved her somehow.
Suzaku got one more heavy cross on his back.
I felt the downfall of Lulu's destiny from the preview.
Aug 10, 2008 1:25 AM

Apr 2007
honestly, I hope she's dead. that'd turn the events on the series, big time.
nihilAug 10, 2008 1:28 AM
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Aug 10, 2008 1:29 AM

Feb 2008
nihil said:
honestly, I hope she's dead. that'd turn the events on the series a lot.

As the prophecy by C.C. goes, Lulu will lose everything except the geass power... He lost Shirley and Nunally and soon Black Knights?
dtshykAug 10, 2008 1:38 AM
Aug 10, 2008 1:36 AM

Apr 2007
dtshyk said:
nihil said:

As the prophecy goes, Lulu will lose everything except the geass power... He lost Shirley and Nunally and soon Black Knights?

that'd be nice. :3

I hope there'll be lots of time for C.C. on the end, if that's right, coz she not even appeared this week. :(
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Aug 10, 2008 1:49 AM

Dec 2007
I was almost worried that Anya died, but I'm almost 100% sure that she didn't.

This was definitely one of the better episodes we've had lately.

Anyone else impressed by Taniguchi actually doing that at this time of year? For those who don't know, Hiroshima and Nagasaki were bombed on august 6th and 9th respectively (today was the 10th in Japan). It just seems a little auspicious to me.
世界は美しくなんかない。 そしてそれ故に、美しい
Aug 10, 2008 1:49 AM

Feb 2008
nihil said:
dtshyk said:
nihil said:

As the prophecy goes, Lulu will lose everything except the geass power... He lost Shirley and Nunally and soon Black Knights?

that'd be nice. :3

I hope there'll be lots of time for C.C. on the end, if that's right, coz she not even appeared this week. :(

I'm curious whether Lulu continues his war coz he lost the sole reason for the battle. The contract with C.C. has ended, so her existence won't affect Lulu's decision.

Crenshinibon said:

Anyone else impressed by Taniguchi actually doing that at this time of year? For those who don't know, Hiroshima and Nagasaki were bombed on august 6th and 9th respectively (today was the 10th in Japan). It just seems a little auspicious to me.

I hope there won't be any interference from some political groups. The description of Freyja was not that explicit. If they had drawn the mushroom cloud, I would have felt really bad.
But, you know people tend to misunderstand by looking at only a small part of a long story. So some particular kind of people may react aggressively at the fact that CG staff described an atomic bomb-like weapon on this memorial day.
dtshykAug 10, 2008 2:10 AM
Aug 10, 2008 2:51 AM

Jul 2007
Crenshinibon said:
I was almost worried that Anya died, but I'm almost 100% sure that she didn't.

This was definitely one of the better episodes we've had lately.

Considering that there are events that mirror our reality (main rebelions, persons, etc), it was not surprising that first nuke try in geassverse paralels our own.

Overall superb ep :)
Aug 10, 2008 2:54 AM
Jul 2018
This was an epic one. Sadly the preview did not say anything but showed some pictures. So Nunally really died in this? Can't believe this :/ - what will Lelouch be going to do?
Aug 10, 2008 3:00 AM

Jul 2007
hoary said:
This was an epic one. Sadly the preview did not say anything but showed some pictures. So Nunally really died in this? Can't believe this :/ - what will Lelouch be going to do?

preview shown
Aug 10, 2008 3:13 AM
Jun 2008
wow...all i saw was the screenshots but....i couldnt wait....i had to read the summary for this eps & wow....some how i think nunnally isnt dead but....wow....i cant wait for eclipse to realese the sub....wow.....owowowowowowoowwowowowo...
Aug 10, 2008 8:52 AM

Nov 2007
wow, so the geass to live caused suzaku to set it off? lelouch's guilt will be huge if he finds out. so sayoko, nunnaly, asahina, the glaston knights and guilford all bit the dust, crazy. it's sad that again one of lelouch's mistakes screw him over big time here. nunally and sayoko :(. still a little surprised rolo didn't kill nunnaly himself? disappointed she never got a reunion with her brother or found out the truth. damnit, I wanted orange to get by anya and use his canceller when she was fighting zero. schneizel did seem a little TOO HAPY about a nuke going off. never trusted schneizel, you know he's plotting something more this whole time.

the best part was seeing kallen back in action and she really owned Bradley and Suzaku. oh and tamaki trying to be useful and failing in every way possible. haha gotta love tamaki. you can tell from the title of the next episode "Betrayal" the black knights or what's left of them turn on Zero. That one black knight's confession was sent to Todo before his death.

it will all be over soon anyway with the emperor himself on the way there. any chance of a reconciliation between lelouch and suzaku just got even worse, but I still think there's a small chance since it was supposed to be they could do anything together and it won't be easy taking down the emperor.

what would be hilarious and leave a lot of people pissed is with nunnaly dead, Lelouch just kills himself and Suzaku becomes the main character for the last episodes. It would be so bad but so unexpected it'd be awesome.
mystikAug 10, 2008 9:19 AM
Aug 10, 2008 9:31 AM

Feb 2008
Whoa, this episode was crazy!

It was nice to see Kallen finally getting back into the action, and lol @ her new Guren completely owning Suzaku's Haxalot.
I knew Lelouch's "Live" would be a problem, but I was a bit surprised that it resulted in making Suzaku use the Freiya.
Also, I'm not completely sure that Nunally is dead. Sayako was there, so I think everyone's favorite yellow shinobi wouldn't be killed like that (could be wrong though =P).
KayroAug 10, 2008 9:58 AM
Aug 10, 2008 9:53 AM

Jan 2008
another amazing episode...i was planning to watch it earlier but i had some file related problems..it seems vlc player cant succesfully play hd videos due to my stupid pc xD..anyway..suzaku failed being the hero(again)nina is still the freak of the show and last but not least i really come to hate schneizel...i bet he is planning something big..i dont know like taking the throne from Charles..
I am the bone of my sword.Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
Aug 10, 2008 9:56 AM

Apr 2008
the spoilers from derailed by darry are coming true...

My english sucks....i know....
Aug 10, 2008 9:59 AM

Apr 2008
.... it was a 5 up until Fagzaku's Nuke to save his own life
Aug 10, 2008 10:56 AM

Jun 2008
Double deus ex machina, once with Kallen's overpowered Gurren Stein (which has an awesome intro screen btw), and of course Little Boy Freyja killing everyone.

Around the time Kallen launched i predicted Suzaku's geass effect kicking in again, and i'm sure many people thought about that even before that particular scene, i was hoping Orenji would cancel it though.
Aug 10, 2008 11:03 AM

Mar 2008
gogoulo said:
the spoilers from derailed by darry are coming true...

Aug 10, 2008 12:17 PM

Sep 2007
My my, Suzaku just owned himself even more.
Aug 10, 2008 12:42 PM

Jul 2008
That was interesting. Live On!

...can Nina die soon? Please?

The new Gurren is disgustingly powerful, probably having to do something with the fact it put together the combined minds of Lloyd, Cecile and Rakshata. Glad to see Bradley get absolutely annihilated with no effort. Suzaku and Lelouch have had their connections severed further than any time before. Past that, this was probably my favorite episode of the season, but it certainly marks the beginning of the end for Zero and Lelouch, that transmission from Asahina does not bode well for him, I never really liked that guy much, truth be told. It doesn't seem the Black Knights will be sticking around for much longer.

For a bit, I didn't see how they could end this in the next 10 episodes. Well, I think I can see that now. It's only a matter of time until Lelouch loses everything that is precious to him, being left with nothing but the Geass just as he was promised. While that sounds nice and all, I really didn't think this show could get any more convoluted. I don't really want to use any other word, because I still enjoy Code Geass, but damn, I was wrong.

BakayaroAug 10, 2008 1:11 PM

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Aug 10, 2008 12:48 PM

May 2007
lol nice fight :v
Aug 10, 2008 12:49 PM

Apr 2007
Characters on this show seem to have this nasty habit of not actually dying. We'll see what happens to Nunnally.

Aug 10, 2008 12:50 PM

Feb 2008
and so it seems that Geass got the Mecha back...good episode.

IKI RO!

lol, in addition, guren just got...lolololol hax. Good for us because we can get more Kallen boobs. Can't wait for next episode.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Aug 10, 2008 12:52 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
After this ordeal, Suzaku will become even worse....after his ideals are broken....I guess he'll become a ruthless madman after this (he merits it)

The curse on Lelouch seems to foreshadow the eventual death of Kallen and C.C. before the end of the series....

How Nunally died (if she did) was really lame....although we can't be completely assured of that yet....After all, she didn't play a big enough role yet except to provide a reason/justificiation for Lelouch's actions.

If Nunally died then it pisses me off how Orenji-kun survived and Nunally didn't (well it's nuke after all)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 10, 2008 12:57 PM

Mar 2008
Wait, wasn't Rolo in the same general area as Sayoko and Nunnaly? If that's true, then if he's alive, it's probably possible that Sayoko and Nunnaly are too.
Aug 10, 2008 1:03 PM

Mar 2008
Yeah I'm not going to say Nunnally is dead yet. She's just to important to die in an ambiguous explosion. Besides if Rolo says she's dead, very likely that she is still alive. Don't know how fast that ship was, but would expect it could make it out in time. Let's just wait and see how it turns out.

Wow Guren has entered the territory of ridiculously overpowered. Lelouch doesn't need an army if he has that thing on his side.
Aug 10, 2008 1:08 PM

Jul 2008
Thanatos said:
Wait, wasn't Rolo in the same general area as Sayoko and Nunnaly? If that's true, then if he's alive, it's probably possible that Sayoko and Nunnaly are too.

He took off in the Knightmare leaving Sayako to take care of Nunally if I'm not mistaken. I mean, he was flying out there watching as Freya was deployed.

Aug 10, 2008 1:11 PM

Jul 2008
kallen was simply too awesome. Think lancelot will get a update too so that they will balance the sides again. seem like lulu will went crazy after nunallys death wonder what he will do with rolo.

Aug 10, 2008 1:25 PM

Jul 2007
Crazy episode!
Kallen <3
Nunnally is dead?...but more importantly how about Sayoko?! D:
TrieAug 10, 2008 8:05 PM
Aug 10, 2008 1:29 PM

Nov 2007
Cant wait for next week >.<
Aug 10, 2008 1:40 PM

Sep 2007
Thats the way I like my Code Gayss...

And you people dont really believe she died, do you?

Aug 10, 2008 1:44 PM

Jun 2007
Lol I'll save these people! I'll protect Nunnaly! FREYA TIME!

Nunnaly dying doesn't really matter much.

I'm pretty sure the next episode will be 50% Psyco lulu and 50% C.C. Fanservice. They have to make up for the lack of C.C. in this episode. Pizza hut demands it.
Aug 10, 2008 2:07 PM

Oct 2007
somehow, i keep thinking freya isnt really a nuke...but more like a teleportation device that teleports that whole area to somewhere else....
Aug 10, 2008 2:27 PM

Jun 2008
Aspha said:
somehow, i keep thinking freya isnt really a nuke...but more like a teleportation device that teleports that whole area to somewhere else....

Damn, I also taught exactly that, not in a "LOL they're right over there -->" kinda way, but in a sense that some of them could still be plothax'd back into their original dimension.
Aug 10, 2008 2:27 PM

Jul 2008
Freya isn't a nuke per se, but it's likened to one at least. If I'm not mistaken, it more or less dematerializes whatever is in it's range.

I also did a little more thinking, and an idea kind of sparked to me as I was BSing about the show with a friend of mine. Relatively crazy theory, probably nothing new, but I felt like posting it. Even if it isn't anything new, it's just recently occured to me.

Aug 10, 2008 2:28 PM

Oct 2007
Finally! Getting Kallen with her overpowered Guren back in action was awesome! I was hoping she'd get to do more damage before freya went off though... like finish off Suzaku.

Which brings me to freya... Ironically, with all the overpowered Gurens and Knightmares, I thought freya was a little underpowered. Nunally and Sayoko are supposedly caught in the blast but Rolo who was probably only a couple floors away survived? And it seems like almost all the main characters got out of the way during the eternity it took to actually explode.

Nunally's "death" - man, that's sad. She was the one innocent character in the show. I hate that she had to die (Sayoko too), but I hope she actually is dead. There's only a handful of episodes left, they can't have people "reviving" themselves now. Unless they're planning to do a happy ending, there's no point in bringing her back.

As far as the Black Knights (potential) betrayal - maybe I'm not getting it, but if their reason for betrayal is Zero's secret raid on the research facilities, I'm gonna be pretty disappointed, because I don't really see that as a big deal. Especially when they pretty much forgave him for bailing during the first Tokyo battle last season.

As long as Kallen doesn't betray Zero, my heart won't be broken.
rabbitpoetsAug 10, 2008 2:51 PM
Aug 10, 2008 2:34 PM

May 2007
woah that was AWESOME!!!!!!!even though suzaku pulled the trigger to the freya (well not intentionally) i still love him XP
hm nunally's really dead? it doesn't seem to be affecting me as much as shirley's death >.<
Aug 10, 2008 2:39 PM

Mar 2008
oh...wow. Kallen was completely and totally awesome, but all of that was overshadowed by the ending. Suzaku had to use it, and killed Sayoko and Nunnaly. but yeah, this really is the beginning of the end, Lulu is broken, and theres no way for the series to go but towards a tragic or bittersweet ending. I guess i'm not really surprised....

Tells you something when the next episode preview has no voiceover whatsoever. its going to be extremely nasty.
Aug 10, 2008 2:44 PM

Oct 2007
nice episode... hopefully nunally isn't really dead and made it out safe somehow... it seems that lelouch's future doesn't look too bright... no matter what he does or the decisions that he makes puts him in a bigger hole... on another note... nice to see kallen back in action... can't wait for the next episode and more c.c.!!
Aug 10, 2008 2:58 PM

Dec 2007
man... i jokingly made a comment 10 weeks ago that Nunnaly was going to die... I never thought I was an oracle...

This show got just about as dark as The Dark Knight was.... let's just say I won't be surprised if they kill of CC now.
Aug 10, 2008 3:02 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Schneizel suddenly smiled when FREIA was fired, as if he knew what would happen. And we know Schneizel was working on the Thought Elevator, which is related to other dimensions. So there is still a possibility FREIA is not what we thought it is....

Who knows, its Code Geass we're talking about....

C.C. said in the very first episode that Lelouch is doomed remain alone at the end. So expect C.C. and Kallen to die very soon....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 10, 2008 3:03 PM
Dec 2007
Hmmmm what a climax ! As expected from the second decisive battle of Tokyo, it ends with a (Freya) blast and an awful lot of casualties among secondary characters. Now starts (well technically it has already started for a very long time but I mean it will get worse) the fall of Lellouch, soon betrayed by the Black Knights, then he'll take everything on Suzaku and Rollo obviously (can't blame him for that ;)), do something to upset Kallen, and finish alone in some episodes, except for C.C who seems to be the only character able to stand on his side. Though I think some kind of alliance could be possible with Schneizel as they both seem to hate their father and want to take his place.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 10, 2008 3:06 PM

Jul 2008
C.C. didnt appear how dare they do such a thing, but hat episode was awesome if Nunally dies im gonna be pissed I love nunally
Aug 10, 2008 3:06 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Here I thought "Hell yeah! Karen back in fucking business to wh00p some ass!" but thanks to the Geass cast on Rolo Suzaku, Nunally died? What the fu©k... This is so messed up. If they dare to kill of Karen, I'll drop this.
cyruzAug 10, 2008 3:29 PM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 10, 2008 3:08 PM

Jun 2008
cyruz said:
Here I thought "Hell yeah! Karen back in fucking business to wh00p some ass!" but thanks to the Geass cast on Rolo, Nunally died? What the fu©k...
Didn't you mean Suzaku?

Anyway awesome episode! Great climax! And Hell yeah Kallen is back in business with the most powerful Knightmare!
Signature Here.
Aug 10, 2008 3:10 PM

Jul 2008
cyruz said:
Here I thought "Hell yeah! Karen back in fucking business to wh00p some ass!" but thanks to the Geass cast on Rolo, Nunally died? What the fu©k... This is so messed up. If they dare to kill of Karen, I'll drop this.

please dont say Nunally is dead i hope just by some impossible chance she survived T_T
Aug 10, 2008 3:11 PM
May 2008
Lelouch is a f*cking idiot for using the "LIVE ON" on Suzaku..

Other then that.. Kallen was pretty epic.
Aug 10, 2008 3:13 PM

Nov 2007
So, the Live command ends up saving Suzaku, killing Nunnally and screwing the battle.

Why you do this ;_;
Aug 10, 2008 3:23 PM
Nov 2007
Outstanding episode.

That was a really brilliant move on the director's part: eliminating the motive of the main characters cause
Aug 10, 2008 3:27 PM

Dec 2007
Nunnally better not be gone. D:
That stupid live command on Suckaku was stupid Lulu-sama.

The only thing I gained from this episode was more hatred towards Rolo. I knew he was going to kill Nunnally (even though he didn't actually kill her, he was GOING to...). What a bastard.

Kallen made me fall in love with her all over again. <3
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yuzuko - Apr 13, 2008

374 by performer_sama »»
Sep 17, 7:11 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1917 by OddityFN »»
Sep 15, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

PimpToad - Apr 6, 2008

406 by performer_sama »»
Sep 15, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

439 by FlameyWT »»
Sep 12, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TechnicsMKII - Sep 21, 2008

373 by tiomemorias »»
Sep 10, 10:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.