Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 15, 2018 5:03 PM
Apr 2015
I've always wondered why, when he's obviously still attracted to girls, does he decide to become female? I read a little beyond that part in the manga and it's not really clear there either unless I missed something. Doesn't really bother me just found the logic confusing. curious if it was ever cleared up.
jaisanOct 15, 2018 6:13 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 15, 2018 5:08 PM

Sep 2018
Probably to pull a Roshi and change with them though I can see what you mean.
Oct 15, 2018 6:21 PM
Oct 2018
jaisan said:
I've always wondered why, when he's obviously still attracted to girls, does he decide to become female? I read a little beyond that part in the manga and it's not really clear there either unless I missed something. Doesn't really bother me just found the logic confusing. curious if it was ever cleared up.
if he become a mal it will be like any trash isekai harem.
Oct 15, 2018 6:36 PM

Apr 2018
If you were wondering,He didn’t choose...that’s why
(He is sexless as a slime neither boy nor girl,he simply preserved Shizu’s looks)
Oct 15, 2018 7:21 PM

Apr 2018
like Magicaburn said, he didn’t choose it and it's a spoiler
Oct 15, 2018 7:33 PM
Apr 2015
Anyone who watches the intro sees what he turns into not sure how I spoiled anything. Wasn't there a part when he first transforms where he was sculpting himself into an adult then into an adult male then adult female and at the end he just decides to stay little girl?
Oct 15, 2018 7:35 PM

Dec 2017
maybe spoiler (just open them if you want the spoiler)

to make it more clear: Spoiler Alert
InukanuraOct 15, 2018 7:48 PM
Oct 15, 2018 7:48 PM
Apr 2015
Inukanura said:
maybe spoiler (just open both of them if you want to the spoiler)

to make it more clear: Spoiler Alert
Interesting. I didn't consider how the face was unchanging.
Oct 16, 2018 12:40 AM
Jan 2018
hes not female his face just looks like one , hes still sexless and will have no boobs or private parts
Oct 16, 2018 1:09 AM

Apr 2016
Because that's what otaku in Nippon like the most, they cant wait until they buy the figures and look below if there is a dong.
Oct 16, 2018 1:32 AM
Jan 2018
people are stupidly fooled if they think he actually turns into a girl
Oct 16, 2018 10:42 AM

Oct 2014
He doesn't turn "into a girl". It's just that his sense of aesthetics are a bit different from others... he views that "girl form" as androgynious and if he took the male form it would seem like he's running from reality because... he has nothing down there - neither a mountain, nor an abyss. He's pretty much a Ken doll.

As a certain Oni will say in the future:

"It's a shame it has no gender."
Oct 16, 2018 11:03 AM

Sep 2014
I know he's sexless... but I wonder, couldn't he become either of the sexes if he wanted to? He's a slime so he should be able to just make something down there if he ever needed.
Oct 16, 2018 3:24 PM
Apr 2015
Mattinator95 said:
how about go read chapter 11 of the manga he himself even says hes a little girl. and since when does genitalia or lack thereof define your sex in 2018? If a little girl says hi to you do you have to look down her pants to make sure there is no wiener there before you are allowed to think its a girl?
Oct 16, 2018 3:25 PM
Apr 2015
Nomori said:
I know he's sexless... but I wonder, couldn't he become either of the sexes if he wanted to? He's a slime so he should be able to just make something down there if he ever needed.
EXACTLY my original point. You can see in Inukanura's post he is very capable of it. Thats why it never made sense to me.
Oct 16, 2018 3:32 PM

Sep 2014
jaisan said:
Nomori said:
EXACTLY my original point. You can see in Inukanura's post he is very capable of it. Thats why it never made sense to me.

Well, that's not really my point. I was Just thinking if he could do that, like when he'd want to have some fun with anyone :)

I bet he doesn't do it because it's pointless to do it all the time since by nature he doesn't have a sex.
Oct 16, 2018 6:05 PM
May 2018
jaisan said:
Mattinator95 said:
how about go read chapter 11 of the manga he himself even says hes a little girl. and since when does genitalia or lack thereof define your sex in 2018? If a little girl says hi to you do you have to look down her pants to make sure there is no wiener there before you are allowed to think its a girl?

It is not female because it doesn't have female genitalia.
It has no sex (asexual). Basic biology here.

Gender is another thing entirely; yes, he could be considered a girl/woman but he is not of the female sex.
Oct 17, 2018 12:46 AM
Aug 2017
Rimuru is genderless (at least in the manga), but have female voice...
Oct 17, 2018 5:13 AM
Jan 2018
jaisan said:
Mattinator95 said:

he may look like a little girl but overall hes neither
Oct 17, 2018 5:28 AM

Oct 2017
He's an asexual slime. He cannot feel pain, pleasure or anything. Even if he had a dick, it would be pointless, since he cannot achieve orgasm.
Oct 17, 2018 4:56 PM

Sep 2014
Username23489023 said:
He's an asexual slime. He cannot feel pain, pleasure or anything. Even if he had a dick, it would be pointless, since he cannot achieve orgasm.

Oh, that completely answered everything I was wondering about. I missed the part that he can't feel physical pleasure.
Oct 17, 2018 10:41 PM

Jan 2016
Nomori said:
Username23489023 said:

Oh, that completely answered everything I was wondering about. I missed the part that he can't feel physical pleasure.

That's probably not true. When Rimuru assumes human form he regains the ability to taste and all that other jazz. He has pain resistance, but nothing anywhere says that Rimuru can't feel physical pleasure, and Rimuru in fact makes a point of thoroughly enjoying the onsen that they wind up building later on. Additionally, Rimuru makes a few lecherous comments about oppai throughout the series too, so you can't argue that he lacks a sex drive either. He's just so preoccupied with other things I guess, plus the girls vying for his attention are either crazy, crazy powerful, or both
which I'm sure is a bit offputting. Lastly, this just isn't that kind of series, at least based on what I've read of the web novel.
Oct 18, 2018 3:55 AM

Oct 2017
sounds like a lot of shit THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN IN THE ANIME YET. =.=;;
Oct 18, 2018 4:01 AM

Feb 2016
What's wrong with wanting to be a girl while being attracted to girls?
Oct 18, 2018 5:39 AM
Jan 2018
Reichter said:
Nomori said:

That's probably not true. When Rimuru assumes human form he regains the ability to taste and all that other jazz. He has pain resistance, but nothing anywhere says that Rimuru can't feel physical pleasure, and Rimuru in fact makes a point of thoroughly enjoying the onsen that they wind up building later on. Additionally, Rimuru makes a few lecherous comments about oppai throughout the series too, so you can't argue that he lacks a sex drive either. He's just so preoccupied with other things I guess, plus the girls vying for his attention are either crazy, crazy powerful, or both
which I'm sure is a bit offputting. Lastly, this just isn't that kind of series, at least based on what I've read of the web novel.

shes in the promotion stuff for the show because shes important not matter what may happen
Oct 18, 2018 5:43 AM
Jan 2018
people are overrating on this a bit too much , there a reason why he keeps the form like a kid it will be shown in episode 7 or 8
Oct 29, 2018 4:59 PM

Jul 2011
jaisan said:
Anyone who watches the intro sees what he turns into not sure how I spoiled anything.

Indeed.
That's why I hate such shitty openings/endings - they are just spoiling everything.
Usually I'm skipping them in order not to be spoiled. However accidentally watced ED today and bam, Slime is turning into a girl (or something looking like a girl)!
Now I'm not sure if I'll enjoy the show further :/
Oct 29, 2018 5:09 PM

Sep 2014
nick_el_son said:
jaisan said:
Anyone who watches the intro sees what he turns into not sure how I spoiled anything.

Indeed.
That's why I hate such shitty openings/endings - they are just spoiling everything.
Usually I'm skipping them in order not to be spoiled. However accidentally watced ED today and bam, Slime is turning into a girl (or something looking like a girl)!

Why wouldn't you enjoy it? It doesn't matter if an awesome MC is a slime, girl, or an asexual badass being... Sounds racist mate
Oct 29, 2018 6:38 PM

Jul 2011
Nomori said:
nick_el_son said:

Indeed.

Why wouldn't you enjoy it? It doesn't matter if an awesome MC is a slime, girl, or an asexual badass being... Sounds racist mate

First of all, go google racism definition pal.

Second, the issue here is spoiled expectation: I'd rather enjoy the show more when it is unknow what to expect. Will MC stay Slime, or evolve, or merge with the dragon, or reshape back to his human form, etc.? That was interesting to wait how things go. Now I just know that part already and it killed the fun :/
Oct 29, 2018 7:04 PM

Sep 2014
@nick_el_son If you didn't notice, I was joking... I get what you mean, but it's just a minor part of the amazing plot and who knows, technicaly everything you listed might happen at some point.
Oct 29, 2018 7:25 PM

Jul 2011
Nomori said:
@nick_el_son If you didn't notice, I was joking... I get what you mean, but it's just a minor part of the amazing plot and who knows, technicaly everything you listed might happen at some point.

Yeah, it might.
However, anyway we have a big dumb spoiler in OP/ED which maybe partly but still ruins the show (at least for me).
Of course I'll try to enjoy it but the damage is already done.
nick_el_sonOct 30, 2018 2:22 AM
Oct 30, 2018 9:23 AM
Jan 2018
I reread the manga a few days ago

Rimiru considers himself or acknowledges himself as male so he's hardly genderless.

If think that's the correct term and is instead sexless without the organs of either sex. Yes his body maybe a female body with face and probly voice not sure yet.

But he dosnt have the organs that define a gender and I think it was said or it was simply ignored that he can't make his body have a sex organ. If he makes it look more older and femaine boob lumps appears but no nipples the reason why he stays in a kid size body for when he uses the fourm will be explaind
Nov 1, 2018 11:03 PM

Mar 2014
When I saw the title of the show for the first time I thought "Damn, another generic harem isekai crap", but then I looked at the main character in its human form and was truly amazed. I though that such a pretty being couldn`t be a boy, and then I found out that Rimuru has no gender.

Despite Rimuru used to be a boy and acts this way after turning into a slime, he (or should I say 'it', since the character has no gender) looks very appealing to me. Actually it looks like a girl, has girl`s voice, in 5th episode`s ending where Rimuru is nude we can even see that its breasts are female-shaped. And that cute face...

I must say I 100% like girls. But I can`t wait to see how Rimuru finally transform to female body form.

And I`m sure I`m going to fap to Rimuru.
Unagi-sanNov 1, 2018 11:07 PM
Nov 1, 2018 11:51 PM

Oct 2014
Unagi-san said:
Actually it looks like a girl, has girl`s voice, in 5th episode`s ending where Rimuru is nude we can even see that its breasts are female-shaped. And that cute face...

The person going through the water naked in the ED isn't Rimuru though. The lighting makes it look like the hair is blue/silver, but it's actually black. There is a close up shot that makes it very clear that it's the same girl that appeard in the crystal ball (the tall one).
Nov 2, 2018 1:39 AM

Jan 2015
Shizu's Dna, i thought he precisely mentioned it
Nov 2, 2018 4:49 AM
Jan 2018
Hirugiko said:

That's a spoiler. And his form looks female but it has no sex. And rimiuru considers himself a he so the gender thing dosnt really apply anymore it's just the sex (sexless)
Nov 2, 2018 8:16 AM

Jan 2015
Mattinator95 said:
Hirugiko said:

That's a spoiler. And his form looks female but it has no sex. And rimiuru considers himself a he so the gender thing dosnt really apply anymore it's just the sex (sexless)

yeah... but he did ask why it looks female
Nov 2, 2018 8:18 AM
Jan 2018
Hirugiko said:
Mattinator95 said:

yeah... but he did ask why it looks female

People will find out in episode 7
Nov 2, 2018 8:20 AM
Mar 2018
Calm down guys with the pace, it will be explained in the 7th ep
Nov 2, 2018 8:25 AM
Mar 2018
nick_el_son said:
Nomori said:

Yeah, it might.
However, anyway we have a big dumb spoiler in OP/ED which maybe partly but still ruins the show (at least for me).
Of course I'll try to enjoy it but the damage is already done.

As long as you don't get the context it's allright, yes it does count as spoiler but only the people who have read the source material beforehand could understand the context.

Beside that ed is important considering that the ed happened at the same moment that ep 5 start.
Nov 2, 2018 8:36 AM

Oct 2014
It's simple: Rimuru himself doesn't actually consider that look as "female" but rather as "androgynous".

He doesn't realize that the new world he lives in has a different sense of aesthetics though, so by the time he realizes that others view him as female, it's already too late and he doesn't want to "reintroduce" a new, more masculine version of himself by that point as he would have to explain it and it would be totally lame if he had to say that he only changed it because people thought of him as a girl. That's the gist of it.
Nov 2, 2018 4:25 PM

Mar 2014
Grey-Zone said:
Unagi-san said:
Actually it looks like a girl, has girl`s voice, in 5th episode`s ending where Rimuru is nude we can even see that its breasts are female-shaped. And that cute face...

There is a close up shot that makes it very clear that it's the same girl that appeard in the crystal ball (the tall one).

That girl Shizu has grey eyes, but Rimuru`s eyes are blue as in ED.
I screenshoted that close-up, Rimuru has the same face as the girl from crystall ball because he copied her look and body.
Nov 3, 2018 12:15 AM

Oct 2014
Unagi-san said:
Grey-Zone said:

There is a close up shot that makes it very clear that it's the same girl that appeard in the crystal ball (the tall one).

That girl Shizu has grey eyes, but Rimuru`s eyes are blue as in ED.
I screenshoted that close-up, Rimuru has the same face as the girl from crystall ball because he copied her look and body.

Not quite correct. Rimuru's eyes aren't blue, but rather yellow/golden. Also unlike the girl in the lake, Rimuru's human form is androgynous and "flat". Also Rimuru's human form is shorter.

The only thing that the girl in the lake is "missing" compared to the girl in the crystal ball are the scars on the face.

Everything else is spoilers. The issue of the thread should be clarified within the next 3 episodes anyway though.
Nov 3, 2018 12:17 AM

May 2018
Because Japan caught on to the fact that traps sell
Nov 3, 2018 12:30 AM

Oct 2014
Only_Brad said:
Because Japan caught on to the fact that traps sell

He's technically not a trap though.
Dec 25, 2019 7:08 PM

Feb 2009
According to the LN, whenever he adds mass to his slime form, he uses magicules to do so, which limits the amount of time he can stay in that form and expends extra effort to maintain it. This is why he doesn’t typically fight in a mimicked monster form, and why he doesn’t typically alter his humanoid features.

That said, his base humanoid form is based on Shizu, with a smaller size because of his default mass, and genderless because of his natural state. The LNs do specifically state later on that he grows larger as he gains more power, but he doesn’t become more “grown up” as a female like Shizu did, because he still remains genderless by default.
Dec 29, 2019 11:50 PM

Feb 2017
@Nomori

Im gonna answer about Rimuru's sexuality,

Pfft XD

Lab_Rat_0978Dec 29, 2019 11:56 PM
Mar 21, 2020 2:05 PM

May 2015
Rimuru accepted that its a slime monster now (pretty much confirm by rimuru on first ep and ep 9 again as well) but rim did acknowledge used to be a human and salaryman can't deny that. Rim already acknowledges it, also can't be trap either or gender bender since each form taken on is pretty much genderless. As genderless slime, can't be male or female. Yes mindset is male and does enjoy being dress up by Shuna and Shion, OVA confirms rim loves cosplay.

Overall rimuru can be anything you want so enjoy having an amazing character like rimuru.
DivinityTempestMar 21, 2020 2:10 PM
Nov 11, 2023 9:25 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to DivinityTempest
Rimuru accepted that its a slime monster now (pretty much confirm by rimuru on first ep and ep 9 again as well) but rim did acknowledge used to be a human and salaryman can't deny that. Rim already acknowledges it, also can't be trap either or gender bender since each form taken on is pretty much genderless. As genderless slime, can't be male or female. Yes mindset is male and does enjoy being dress up by Shuna and Shion, OVA confirms rim loves cosplay.

Overall rimuru can be anything you want so enjoy having an amazing character like rimuru.
@DivinityTempest true, its pretty hot topic in some forums (some ppl just cant accept that he prefers if ppl refer to him as male) lol
Sugram22Nov 11, 2023 10:39 AM
Nov 11, 2023 7:58 PM

May 2015
Reply to Sugram22
@DivinityTempest true, its pretty hot topic in some forums (some ppl just cant accept that he prefers if ppl refer to him as male) lol
@Sugram22 That’s peoples opinions at the end of the day to except it or not. Even the author has confirmed that Rimuru isn’t male or female at all regardless of how community thinks of it. “Ore” Mr Fuse used really doesn’t matter(I had the chance to asked him a few questions on web novel blog he use), he plan Rimuru to be free of gender and why he made them asexual slime. Mr Fuse said genderless was correct term over sexless. And the readers can vision Rimuru however their see fit but he as the creator views his own character as asexual gender slime who is neither a male nor female because he hates harems and doesn’t plan to give Rimuru one. PS: don’t asked me, ask mr fuse directly and if he in a good mood to answer questions regarding this topic. Rimuru only partner is a.i skill with its own will is great sage well rapheal now (or other one).

I’m super surprised that this is still a thing. Regardless of gender identity… Rimuru is Rimuru. Even Rimuru has dodge this question many times because they don’t care and are a slime now. What do you love the most about character? Gender of said person or person themselves? Answer is Person themselves aka Rimuru. 😂
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

288 by KazukiWang »»
Jun 2, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

291 by Psicrom »»
May 28, 10:08 PM

» Watch order

Holy_Momo - Jan 27

19 by good4y0u »»
May 26, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2018

219 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

396 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.