Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 6, 2017 8:14 PM
May 2015
sure its not the best story but its not bad plus it deals with real life stuff thats happens in high school romances its a basic story but it shouldnt be slammed this hard
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 6, 2017 8:27 PM

Jul 2010
because of characters like this

dlee342Sep 6, 2017 8:45 PM
Sep 6, 2017 8:52 PM
May 2015
dlee342 said:

there not even main the main story around the mcs is not bad at all so that kind of reason is dumb
Sep 6, 2017 8:58 PM

Jun 2013
Because sometimes people have different opinions from you
Sep 6, 2017 9:42 PM

Aug 2013
>wimpy average looking MC that the girls fall in love with him for no apparent reason
>unoriginal story progression (Ex: good looking love rival appears -> drama)
>mediocre animation
Sep 6, 2017 11:32 PM

Sep 2015
because it's shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, and also this ^
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Sep 6, 2017 11:55 PM

Oct 2015
the desperation from them girls is 2much4me2handle

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Sep 7, 2017 1:23 PM

Mar 2014
Maybe because there are people who actually have better taste in animes then you?
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 7, 2017 1:25 PM

Apr 2017
THERE IS A FUCKING OPEN PEDO IN THE SHOE?!

SOMEONE PLEASE CALL DADDY HANSEN

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ 𝚖𝚊𝚕'𝚜 𝙳𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙸𝚅𝙴 𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚗
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ 𝙳𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙸𝚅𝙴 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚙 !
𝚒 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚢𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚗 !
Sep 7, 2017 1:26 PM

Dec 2013
I felt it's a waste of time so I dropped it
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Sep 7, 2017 1:36 PM

Apr 2017
koolkai123 said:
THERE IS A FUCKING OPEN PEDO IN THE SHOE?!

?

great rebound amirite bois

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ 𝚖𝚊𝚕'𝚜 𝙳𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙸𝚅𝙴 𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚗
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ 𝙳𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙸𝚅𝙴 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚙 !
𝚒 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚢𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚗 !
Sep 7, 2017 1:51 PM

Apr 2016
Well, to put it simply: because it's garbage.
Sep 8, 2017 3:40 PM

Dec 2015
some people are salty that Hajimete is more popular the the shit yuri "gambling" anime starting the same season .

Sep 8, 2017 3:45 PM

Apr 2015
It's actually not a bad show, largely in fact by the fact that the main character is slowly maturing/evolving as a character and learning that he doesn't just want to give away his virginity. Reminds me of B Gata H Kei.

Of course, it's not really a good show either, but...
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 9, 2017 12:34 PM
May 2015
I think all/most ecchi gets slammed at one point or another.
Sep 9, 2017 1:02 PM

Aug 2016
It's not a great show by any means but it isn't god awful at the same time in my opinion.
it's in that zone where it's just average as hell.
I've seen a lot more harem ecchi anime that's a lot worse than this but i've seen ones that are better.
I don't hate any of the characters in the show which is unusual as there's always one or two for the most part.

Sure it's eromanga sensei levels of trash at times, but imo it isn't as close to being the funny kind of stupid as eromanga was.

slán abhaile corcaigh
Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin

☘ ☘ ☘

Currently stealing your heart,
your women and also your job

Sep 12, 2017 1:59 AM

Aug 2016
It's a decent show. But unless you are a type of viewer that only watches anime for the attractive women (nothing wrong with this) you'd struggle to give this show anything above a 6.

I also found it extremely disturbing that they had a legit pedo in the show. Not a haha he likes lolis type of guy. But a "I'm going to spend my break at elementary schools creeping on children". That shit isn't funny nor will it ever be funny.
Sep 12, 2017 2:12 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Because it's a disgrace compared to the manga. They turned what was supposed to be a pretty solid romance story into a really mediocre ecchi harem comedy, where all the actually important plot points of the manga have been replaced by filler episodes. Worst adaptation of anything I've seen in quite some time

Guess that's what happens when you give a good source material to a studio that hasn't done a single full-length TV-series in over three years
Sep 12, 2017 6:51 PM

Nov 2009
They are not men of culture.
Sep 17, 2017 4:38 AM

Jun 2014
Because it's trash.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 17, 2017 4:51 AM

Jul 2013
dlee342 said:

Thats normal in most anime series. If you want a main heroine looking character then try Accel World.

thebrentinator24 said:
Because it's trash.

Does not answer the question fully. Looking at your fav list, doesnt seem like you are into fan service at all.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2017 4:59 AM

Jun 2016
Haneken2086 said:

Unless it's decent like Prison School.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 17, 2017 9:48 AM

Apr 2014
TheDoggoneGirl said:
Haneken2086 said:

And NGNL. (1st choice of newfags)
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 17, 2017 10:23 AM

Jun 2016
Rayzer said:
TheDoggoneGirl said:

And NGNL. (1st choice of newfags)

Idk about No Game No Life since I dropped it at 5th episode. Lmfao.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 17, 2017 10:39 AM

Mar 2013
We learned nothing about Yukana, and her silent treatment of Junichi is offputting. I think Junichi is an insecure perverted asshole, but a yes or no would suffice. Human nature desires a bad answer than to act without certainty, and it feels that they are attempting to put the responsibility of the relationship on Junichi.

Yukana feels like an idol. We know nothing about her because of some odd distance created from afar, which makes her appear like a perfect goddess. In essence, it just seems shallow to place her on a pedestal.

It may also be because it is a bad adaptation to the source. From my knowledge, the big busty loli looks not that much like her counterpart, other than...breast size.
Sep 17, 2017 1:34 PM

Nov 2014
Cause it's SHIT, as simple as that
The dub is really funny though
Sep 17, 2017 2:08 PM

Jun 2015
dlee342 said:

That makes it 1000000000000% more funny
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 17, 2017 2:25 PM

May 2015
I binged the first 9 episodes the other day and cba to finish the 10th. Ngl, it's just fucking weird. I think the lack of reaction from the rest of the cast to the fat guy's paedophilic statements sums up the show perfectly
Sep 17, 2017 2:29 PM

Jun 2015
Fang said:
I binged the first 9 episodes the other day and cba to finish the 10th. Ngl, it's just fucking weird. I think the lack of reaction from the rest of the cast to the fat guy's paedophilic statements sums up the show perfectly

Did your (OPEN AT YOUR OWN RISK NOT SAFE FOR MAL) [NSFM]
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 17, 2017 2:40 PM
Jul 2018
"deals with real life stuff thats happens in high school romances"

yeah right.
Sep 17, 2017 3:06 PM

May 2015
Takamura-sama said:

Ehhh... I mean, there's only one half-decent looking character in the show and that's Yui. Doesn't get me going, unfortunately :[
Sep 17, 2017 3:32 PM

Jun 2015
Fang said:
Takamura-sama said:

Ehhh... I mean, there's only one half-decent looking character in the show and that's Yui. Doesn't get me going, unfortunately :[

omg

are you crazy? This show makes me (OPEN AT YOUR OWN RISK NOT SAFE FOR MAL) [NSFM]
Nov 9, 2017 6:20 AM
Jul 2012
JFuji said:
It's a decent show. But unless you are a type of viewer that only watches anime for the attractive women (nothing wrong with this) you'd struggle to give this show anything above a 6.

I also found it extremely disturbing that they had a legit pedo in the show. Not a haha he likes lolis type of guy. But a "I'm going to spend my break at elementary schools creeping on children". That shit isn't funny nor will it ever be funny.

I laughed at it though. I think that character is just plain hilarious lol. We don't all share the same opinion though, and it seems I'm sadly in the minority when it comes to liking that character :S
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Dec 11, 2017 8:25 AM

Sep 2012
i gave it 8/10

dlee342 said:

they add to the comedy so i see no reason to hate them XD

chunng said:
>wimpy average looking MC that the girls fall in love with him for no apparent reason
>mediocre animation

u don't need a reason for falling for some1 it just happens & sometimes without a reason

HueyLion said:
Maybe because there are people who actually have better taste in animes then you?

i could say same to u lol

CatSoul said:
It's actually not a bad show, largely in fact by the fact that the main character is slowly maturing/evolving as a character and learning that he doesn't just want to give away his virginity. Reminds me of B Gata H Kei.

some1 with good sense

HaXXspetten said:
Because it's a disgrace compared to the manga. They turned what was supposed to be a pretty solid romance story into a really mediocre ecchi harem comedy, where all the actually important plot points of the manga have been replaced by filler episodes. Worst adaptation of anything I've seen in quite some time

Guess that's what happens when you give a good source material to a studio that hasn't done a single full-length TV-series in over three years

when i watch anime i care about the anime & not manga & how different it is from manga if it doesn't follow manga its pointless to compare the 2

PeripheralVision said:
We learned nothing about Yukana, and her silent treatment of Junichi is offputting. I think Junichi is an insecure perverted asshole, but a yes or no would suffice. Human nature desires a bad answer than to act without certainty, and it feels that they are attempting to put the responsibility of the relationship on Junichi.

Yukana feels like an idol. We know nothing about her because of some odd distance created from afar, which makes her appear like a perfect goddess. In essence, it just seems shallow to place her on a pedestal.

It may also be because it is a bad adaptation to the source. From my knowledge, the big busty loli looks not that much like her counterpart, other than...breast size.

ur 2 hard on him lol

when i comes to lewd thought no guy is clean so calling him pervert isn't right hes like most teen virgins when it come to that (ppl in real life just don't show that out so clearly) lol
Sugram22Dec 11, 2017 8:38 AM
Dec 11, 2017 8:43 AM

Mar 2013
Sugram22 said:
i gave it 8/10

dlee342 said:

chunng said:
>mediocre animation

u don't need a reason for falling for some1 it just happens & sometimes without a reason

HueyLion said:

CatSoul said:

some1 with good sense

HaXXspetten said:

when i watch anime i care about the anime & not manga & how different it is from manga if it doesn't follow manga its pointless to compare the 2

PeripheralVision said:

ur 2 hard on him lol

when i comes to lewd thought no guy is clean so calling him pervert isn't right hes like most teen virgins when it come to that (ppl in real life just don't show that out so clearly) lol

There's a difference between having sexual thoughts, and primarily entering a relationship for the sole purpose of intercourse. People want to date attractive people, of course, but this does not equate to sex as a primary motivator to sustain a relationship, but sexual attraction as a primary attractive feature that would elicit interest.

Teenagers can, and often are more decent than many people give them credit for. Even so, virginity hardly has anything to do with sexual libido. It usually exists whether or not one is a virgin, or has lost it.
Dec 11, 2017 11:34 AM

Sep 2012
PeripheralVision said:
Sugram22 said:
i gave it 8/10

some1 with good sense

ur 2 hard on him lol

There's a difference between having sexual thoughts, and primarily entering a relationship for the sole purpose of intercourse. People want to date attractive people, of course, but this does not equate to sex as a primary motivator to sustain a relationship, but sexual attraction as a primary attractive feature that would elicit interest.

Teenagers can, and often are more decent than many people give them credit for. Even so, virginity hardly has anything to do with sexual libido. It usually exists whether or not one is a virgin, or has lost it.

i mention virgins cause they are more shy he didn't really enter in to relationship for that reasons he only thought that cause friends were teasing him (it put pressure on him) that gave him a push & some teens are effected by that by teasing, also u need to consider that anime's make elephant out of mosquito for comedy i mean they make the lewd thought's thing bigger for comedy
Sugram22Dec 12, 2017 3:01 AM
Dec 28, 2017 10:11 PM
Sep 2011
After finishing the show, I rate it at roughly 3/10 for the following reasons (assume 5/10 as the starting point)

-1/10 for overused theme (SOL romance and sudden harem)
+2/10 for adding an interesting aesthetic to the mix (gal culture)
-1/10 for virtually abandoning this aesthetic midway through the series
+1/10 for a nuanced romantic lead (not ultra capable/smart/talented, a bit standoffish at times)
+1/10 for a nuanced protagonist (again, not an ace, honest at times about his failings, does occasionally find his balls every now and then)
-2/10 for the rest of the cast being stale beyond belief (e.g. his annoying childhood friend, her overprotective psycho lesbian friend, a poorly written yandere nadeshiko, his bad Prison School knockoff coterie)
-2/10 for pedophilia gags that a) reinforce shit stereotypes surrounding Japanese culture via other characters' indifference b) aren't funny in the least

The two mains are the only reason I managed to finish the series.
ClodRakerDec 28, 2017 10:15 PM
Jan 1, 2018 3:26 PM

Jan 2015
Honestly, it's 100x better than those harems with 1 male /500 girls, so I don't get the hate.
Jan 6, 2018 3:13 AM
Oct 2017
Because the Japanese version was shit, the Dub was great but the Japanese version was a 4 or 5/10 because of how garbage it was, that’s probably why since most people hate dubbed anime and refuse to watch it so they probably watched this in Japanese.
Jan 25, 2018 3:23 PM

Jan 2013
i find this anime extremely insulting. treating their audience as mindless booboholics is unforgivable!
Jan 29, 2018 6:30 PM
Oct 2017
[quote=Takamura-sama]
Fang said:

Did you watch it subbed? Because in the dub the cast react to the pedophile a lot.
Jan 29, 2018 7:03 PM

May 2015
SushiAnime said:
Did you watch it subbed? Because in the dub the cast react to the pedophile a lot.
Yeah, I watched it subbed. It was just brushed aside. It can't be that different in the dub, surely?
Jan 29, 2018 7:06 PM
Oct 2017
Fang said:
SushiAnime said:
Yeah, I watched it subbed. It was just brushed aside. It can't be that different in the dub, surely?

It’s like a whole new anime dubbed, first of all the characters are better voiced, the jokes are a LOT funnier and they changed the dialogue about the pedophile because they realize that it’s messed up.
Jan 29, 2018 7:06 PM

Jul 2017
people don't like the story most likely, some people if it has the slightest echhi in it will rate it lower just for that, also because the jokes in the show aren't for everyone
Jan 29, 2018 7:10 PM

May 2015
SushiAnime said:
It’s like a whole new anime dubbed, first of all the characters are better voiced, the jokes are a LOT funnier and they changed the dialogue about the pedophile because they realize that it’s messed up.
Sounds promising, I'll check it out sometime. Probably won't rewatch the whole thing tho as the girls are trash
Feb 1, 2018 3:42 AM

Jun 2017
A mid to good level manga turned to shiit in the anime
Feb 1, 2018 3:46 AM

Jul 2017
I heard that they didn't follow the manga, and so even the fans of it don't like it.
Feb 14, 2018 9:32 PM

Feb 2014
In my case, what considerably dropped my enjoyment was:

because it starts to suck in the last 2-3 episodes.

They wanted to suddenly give a serious tone to the anime, and besides that, how they decided to do it; the method, sucked.

Also, I think the MC getting all the blame for their relationship and the Gyaru not giving a fuck as if it was all the MC fault, pissed off some people (as me). In the end, it ended as if the MC was really the only guilty and so I got... "wtf... seriously?"
Feb 14, 2018 11:49 PM

Sep 2012
i don't hate, but to jog ppl's memory

This new good looking guy comes along, and his "girlfriend" literally ignores his existence while chatting up this new guy. so ofc he gets paranoid its her fault he got paranoid cause how she acted at that part, i think i probably wouldn't even w8 as long as he did i would have turned back & walked away when she was ignoring him (& then she suddenly see him gone & wonders where did he go) i get how he felt like 3th wheel

Ranko said she puts always hes feelings first, if that would have been true she wouldn't have been acting like that like she that dudes GF & ignoring hes BF for so long, she is totally clueless like a child, i don't hate her, my point is Yukana is in wrong here, its not like he is mind reader

so i get why ppl are mad, they are mad cause they put the blame on MC while its the heroines fault, hes not a mind reader
Sugram22Feb 15, 2018 7:57 AM
Feb 17, 2018 10:27 AM
Feb 2018
Well Dispite all of the slamming thats been going on I decided to watch the anime (DUBBED) And found my self really enjoying the plot. My friends think there will be a season 2, But there retarded
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajimete no Gal Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

197 by Murilo_V »»
Mar 24, 7:24 PM

Poll: » Hajimete no Gal Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2017

270 by Bumdumdoobit »»
Mar 3, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Hajimete no Gal Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

134 by _untitled »»
Dec 29, 2023 4:37 AM

Poll: » Hajimete no Gal Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

88 by _untitled »»
Dec 29, 2023 4:37 AM

Poll: » Hajimete no Gal Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2017

118 by _untitled »»
Dec 29, 2023 4:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.