Forums
New
Mar 16, 2016 1:50 AM

Sep 2014

NonaryGamesJul 31, 2023 1:54 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 16, 2016 2:08 AM

Jan 2016
On a casual level yes, i usually never try to 100% a game tho, but when it doesn't have any achievements to unlock and pop up on the screen while i'm playing i kind of miss it
Mar 16, 2016 2:22 AM

Jan 2011
I like how they can add replay value to a game, and get you to play in different ways.
Mar 16, 2016 2:25 AM

Feb 2016
Yes -- http://psnprofiles.com/RyanEsau

I only care on playstation though pretty much. I like striving for the platinum trophy. Just gives me a feeling of accomplishment, like I've truly beat the game before I throw it in my gaming bin~ never to be seen again for a long long time.

I'm not really fond of certain trophies that make me a bit uncomfortable but I usually push on and get them at some point...

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Mar 16, 2016 2:32 AM

Jul 2015
Yes and probably way more than is healthy, i'll usually go for 100% unless I really hate the game.

I hate them though, they always make me feel compelled to continue playing even after the game has ceased to be enjoyable.
Mar 16, 2016 2:44 AM

Feb 2015
The more I like a game, the more I care about the achievements. For my favourite games I try to get all the achievements.
Mar 16, 2016 2:47 AM

Jun 2015
every game I play I try to get all the trophys or achievements, the ones where I usually succeed are my favourites though.
Mar 16, 2016 3:16 AM

Dec 2011
If it's a game I'm a fan of then yes.
Mar 16, 2016 3:24 AM

Jan 2016
Achievements make me giddy. They're fun to unlock.
Mar 16, 2016 3:25 AM
May 2009
Depends on the game, Just cause every game has a trophy or achievement doesn't mean its worth getting or grinding for.

GTA Achievements in Single Player are most of the time grinding. Online Achievements are actually easier to get since you only need to do the final mission of each heist and succeed, etc etc. The hard ones require planning though.

Games I like that usually have alot of replay value like Way of the Samurai I tend to get 100%. mainly because the game is fun, and the mechanics allow you to do so. I mean you can pretty much start the game and end it in 2 minutes, collecting weapons you want to carry over to the next new playthrough.
Mar 16, 2016 3:29 AM

May 2013
No. Achievements are just some garbage that developers use to try to get you to play more. I play a game exactly as much as I want to play it; I ain't doing some bs x times for some congratulatory message.
Mar 16, 2016 3:29 AM

Nov 2008
Depends on the game. But if I made a game, it wouldn't have them.

Mar 16, 2016 3:31 AM
Mar 2011
yes cause the fact that its the newway to show 100% competion of a game
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Mar 16, 2016 4:12 AM

Feb 2013
Nope, I have to be really, really, really bored to bother with trophies and whatnot
Mar 16, 2016 5:32 AM

Oct 2010
Not unless I really like the game, and I think the fighting game genre can be the worst when it comes to trophies.
"Beat the game on highest difficulty"
That can be done with enough perseverance.

"Win x times in Ranked Match in a row"
I'm never getting platinum on this game.

They also screw with my perception of 100%-ing a game. I got all the items, beat every sidequest, unlocked every character, and played on the highest difficulty. Shouldn't that be enough?
Mar 16, 2016 6:53 AM

Jan 2012
Not really.

Though it really depends on the game I guess. I did end up platinuming Bloodborne and MGSV because just how good the gameplay was. I kept coming back to them even after getting the platinum, and I still do from time to time.

Didn't bother to even check trophies for other games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 16, 2016 7:47 AM

Nov 2015
Milennin said:
The more I like a game, the more I care about the achievements. For my favourite games I try to get all the achievements.

I feel the same way. This also gives me reasons to play the game in a different way (at times) or to do something I might not do otherwise. Also trophies >>>>> achievements. That satisfaction of getting a platinum is just so... great lol. Trophies won't make or break a game for me but I do like getting them and also have a negative attitude towards games that have easy ass trophies for no reason or trophies that were kind of just thrown in there with no thought.
Mar 16, 2016 7:54 AM
Jul 2018
One big achievement that comes to mind was Dead Space 2 in hardcore mode where you could only save 3 times the whole game. Managed to snag it and it felt pretty good.

But besides that one time I don't really go after achievements/100% completion.
Mar 16, 2016 8:06 AM

Aug 2015
Depends on the game. Usually I try to get all the achievements, but I really don't mind if I miss couple achievements that don't interest me.
Mar 16, 2016 8:34 AM

Aug 2012
Well, I only did 100% into The Walking Dead Season 2. The only game I platinumed was Far Cry 4 (Did 32 hours on this one, without the DLC), the rest is just random. It really depends on how much I love the game and how easy it is to get those trophies.
Mar 16, 2016 8:47 AM

Oct 2014
If the achievements are not overly ridiculous, then I would try to 100% them. So far, I managed that for about 15 games.
Mar 16, 2016 11:01 AM

Aug 2014
DateYutaka said:
That's a really lame way to show 100% completion in a game in my opinion. Trophies etc. that don't really contribute to the gameplay at all. It's a nice way to hook completionists I suppose. And if you want to brag, assuming it's something important enough in the first place.

I preferred 100% in the older games where it meant finding all the hidden endings, collecting all the items, finishing all the dungeons etc. I'm not a completionist by any means but I'd find the aforementioned reasons more appealing than an 'achievement get' notification.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Mar 16, 2016 11:06 AM

Jul 2013
MoonlightReverie said:
DateYutaka said:
That's a really lame way to show 100% completion in a game in my opinion. Trophies etc. that don't really contribute to the gameplay at all. It's a nice way to hook completionists I suppose. And if you want to brag, assuming it's something important enough in the first place.

I preferred 100% in the older games where it meant finding all the hidden endings, collecting all the items, finishing all the dungeons etc. I'm not a completionist by any means but I'd find the aforementioned reasons more appealing than an 'achievement get' notification.

My thoughts exactly.
I dislike how nowadays you have to platinum each game to say you completed the game, seeing how most platinums require multiple playthroughs and stuff like making a 100000000 hit combot, its bullshit to me honestly. The achievements in itself are nice, and does give some sense of accomplishment but I dislike how its used personally.
Mar 16, 2016 11:17 AM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
To a good extent I do, I rarely play games that dont have trophies or achievements.
I have a few friends of PSN that are platinum hunters and have nearly all their games platinum with a above 90%+ average completion rate.
However I never really go for 100% I think I probably have less than 10 games out of 70+ that are above 70%+ trophies and have 40+ that are less than 40% plus more I have never even played.
Despite this I love going for trophies and have a good enjoyment of getting and going for them providing I enjoy the game.
Mar 16, 2016 11:56 AM
Mar 2011
MoonlightReverie said:
DateYutaka said:

alot of tropies do that yes not in sports games but mos other games a trophies is given as a way to show yiu have gain somthing toward 100% compilation of game

for exmaple read the list f for say any Musou franchise game 100% of all game content = the Platinum

rpgs are the same too
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Mar 16, 2016 11:58 AM
Mar 2011
Soul-Master said:
MoonlightReverie said:

My thoughts exactly.
I dislike how nowadays you have to platinum each game to say you completed the game, seeing how most platinums require multiple playthroughs and stuff like making a 100000000 hit combot, its bullshit to me honestly. The achievements in itself are nice, and does give some sense of accomplishment but I dislike how its used personally.

iv never seen that in and and combo acvivemt cpme fi you skilled a fighter with out trying hance why most of them slivers or Bronzes

Mar 16, 2016 12:44 PM

Sep 2015
yes achievements in games are important when gaming. unlocking achievements makes gaming funner and also makes you feel like you accomplished something other then just beating a stage or leveling up, if we did not have achievements I am pretty sure gaming would be real booty cheeks
Mar 16, 2016 1:28 PM

Jan 2008
I try but doesn't mean I will bother if it's tedious. A game I was recently playing was Dungeon Travelers 2 and I only need 1 more trophy to platinum but I didn't even bother. It's a very easy trophy, but requires a lot of time, which was kill 20,000 monster if I recall correctly.

I also dislike trophies that require me to do multiple playthroughs. If possible, I'll just save for one route and reload the same after I get a ending but even that is annoying when there are several route, such as Fallout 4, which all I basically needed were the story quests which require going into a route that locks you out of others. If it's a game where I can basically reach the ending in a couple/few hours by skipping everything on NG+, then I don't really mind as much.

And what I hate the most is trophies based on RNG. Which is completely stupid and where the game developers put in just to waste more of your time. A good example would be in MegaDimensional Neptunia where you have to get all the cards for a trophy which are RNG and super rare for 4 certain card to the point it can take you several hours just to get 1 from savescumming. The cards themselves serve no purpose aside from the trophy
PaulMar 16, 2016 1:32 PM
Mar 16, 2016 3:08 PM
Jan 2016
No never cared only play for fun but if i can get it and have the time sure ill try it
Mar 16, 2016 3:11 PM
Mar 2015
No. I don't even manage to complete the main story mode for over 90% of the games I play. I only play long rpgs so I end up getting bored especially if there is too much grinding.
Mar 16, 2016 5:30 PM

Mar 2016
Sometimes I value hard achievement over rare items. I think it adds a little more depth to a game.
Mar 16, 2016 5:32 PM

Feb 2010
No unless I'm somehow near to get them all so them I'm like "well yeah why not" and I complete them.
Mar 16, 2016 7:38 PM

Sep 2007
I don't even pay attention to achievements. I don't like being told how to play my game. Some achievements are intentionally tedious or hard. Just not worth the time, in my opinion.

That being said, I mostly played Nintendo games growing up. I'm genuinely curious why people care so much about a number next to their profile name.

Mar 16, 2016 7:41 PM
Mar 2011
Paul said:
I try but doesn't mean I will bother if it's tedious. A game I was recently playing was Dungeon Travelers 2 and I only need 1 more trophy to platinum but I didn't even bother. It's a very easy trophy, but requires a lot of time, which was kill 20,000 monster if I recall correctly.

I also dislike trophies that require me to do multiple playthroughs. If possible, I'll just save for one route and reload the same after I get a ending but even that is annoying when there are several route, such as Fallout 4, which all I basically needed were the story quests which require going into a route that locks you out of others. If it's a game where I can basically reach the ending in a couple/few hours by skipping everything on NG+, then I don't really mind as much.

And what I hate the most is trophies based on RNG. Which is completely stupid and where the game developers put in just to waste more of your time. A good example would be in MegaDimensional Neptunia where you have to get all the cards for a trophy which are RNG and super rare for 4 certain card to the point it can take you several hours just to get 1 from savescumming. The cards themselves serve no purpose aside from the trophy

ib plat all the Neptune games he cards were easy fo me try again
name me some RNG based trophies

Mar 16, 2016 8:18 PM

Aug 2012
Yes

Getting the platinum doesn't mean getting all the trophies. It's about mastery of the game. Seeing everything that the devs wanted you to see. It's about experiencing every difficulty, exploring every nook and cranny, and getting the best value out of your money.
Mar 16, 2016 9:19 PM

Jun 2009
I like getting them, but I won't bother going out of my way to get them. So, I guess they aren't a huge deal to me.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 16, 2016 10:51 PM

May 2014
Depends on which game, but i usually go for 100% completion.
Mar 16, 2016 10:58 PM

Feb 2015
I care a whole lot. So much so that if I miss one I'll restart my entire save file from the beginning (this, because I lack the brain capacity to SAVE FREQUENTLY -_-)
Mar 16, 2016 11:06 PM
Mar 2016
no not realy. i like gaming but lately i cant find much joy in theye achievements. i stopt gaming quite a bit cuz of this, but still i buy an game now and then to try and et the feeling back 😅
Mar 16, 2016 11:08 PM

Jan 2013
ReaperCreeper said:
I like how they can add replay value to a game, and get you to play in different ways.

Pretty much this.

I probably would not be playing the same games over and over again without some sense of progression.
Mar 17, 2016 8:47 AM

Dec 2014
Yea, I do because it's something to do in the game because games have become bland nowadays.
Mar 17, 2016 9:03 AM

Nov 2012
Not a single fak. Oke maybe only when they are funny achievements.
Mar 17, 2016 4:54 PM

Oct 2012
No, unless if an achievement sounds interesting and doesn't take too long to obtain.
Mar 17, 2016 5:09 PM

Oct 2013
nah

the pointless 30 character limit restriction= no fun zone
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Mar 17, 2016 5:11 PM

Jan 2008
DateYutaka said:
Paul said:

ib plat all the Neptune games he cards were easy fo me try again
name me some RNG based trophies

Never said the card trophy was hard, saying it's a waste of time.

Last game I played for my Vita was Digimon Cyberslueth. The collect all medals trophy. Not only were medals missable through a playthrough (which thankfully the NA version included NG+ where the original JP version didn't until a update), but you need to use a gachapon machine for a good amount of medals, meaning RNG rolling. I think theres like 500 medals, many are gained other ways but many can only be gained by the gachapon. And like the Neptunia cards, the medals serve no purpose aside from trophies and collection purposes.

Basically any game that requires you to find x item/object/monster with a low drop/find modifier as a completion trophy.

And this just reminded me, I also hate trophies related to playing online.
PaulMar 17, 2016 5:14 PM
Mar 17, 2016 5:20 PM

Oct 2014
It depends on which game. In Minecraft the achievements guide you on your quest to completing the game and whenever I start a new world I make sure that I get the starter achievements so I can track my progress. In Achievement Unlocked the achievements are the only point to the game so naturally I try my best to get all of them. In other games like Burnout Paradise and Little Big Planet I do like getting achievements, but I don't really aim for them.
Mar 17, 2016 5:38 PM

Nov 2014
I used to, but at this point they do not worth my time.

Mar 17, 2016 7:10 PM

Jun 2008
I try not to bother about the achivements, but i always get the urge to try complete them all.
Mar 17, 2016 9:42 PM

Oct 2011
I also try not to bother because it just makes me or us feel like we'll play it because of the achievements thingy, back in the childhood days where you're on playstation/computer/gameboy/etc everyday(I mean it) where like for example in "monster rancher 2" where at that time there's no such thing like steam achievements or trophies in playstation or gamerscore in xbox thingy, and you try to collect all monsters and brag how you got them. Today it's like "pics or it didn't happen", in games it's like "i'll stream and watch me play". But i do play mmorpg/online games and somehow show off my gears and stuff haha.
Mar 17, 2016 11:49 PM

Aug 2015
Uh, in my 360 days I was a little too eager for achievements. I had a GS of 70k or so. I realized that I was ruining part of my gaming experience by seeking out achievements over allowing myself to be immersed in the game. I'm much better this gen. I enjoy seeing a trophy pop up on screen, but I don't actively pursue them anymore unless I've beat a game and enjoyed it so much that I'm looking for things to keep doing (usually on open world games).
"More than the cherry blossoms,
Inviting a wind to blow them away,
I am wondering what to do,
With the remaining springtime."

-Asano Naganori
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Good anime games and game animes?

Timeline_man - 4 hours ago

2 by Timeline_man »»
2 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

554 by Timeline_man »»
4 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

159 by Timeline_man »»
4 hours ago

» Otome games

Daniellaaa - Jun 5

2 by Anjuro »»
8 hours ago

» What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

removed-user - Apr 24

8 by kiotsuga »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.