3It was OK
3.3%
2Disliked it
1.5%
1Hated it
3.3%
Average 4.6
271 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 27, 2013 1:03 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
700th chapter!! \o/

Whoa! The Thousand Sunny has finally arrived at Dressrosa! :D How did Doflamingo get a hold of the Mera-mera fruit? o.O That's Ace's devil fruit...

Also, I knew it! Buggy did get become a Shichibukai! Ahahahaha!
Feb 27, 2013 1:05 AM

Sep 2012
Congrats on the big 7

But seriously where the f is the chapter??
Feb 27, 2013 1:21 AM

Jun 2010
See now im looking way to ahead, who is gonna end up with that fruit when this is all over...I mean probably wont happen but say Luffy eats it, of course aside from BB, supposedly you cant but alot of the old rules we thought were legit have gone out the window in the New World.

So umm who is the 7th Schichibukai, and that new island Zou. And let's see how strong Fujitora is.
Feb 27, 2013 1:24 AM

Dec 2012
Happy 700th Chapter. This chapter was awesome. New Shichibukai is Buggy. WOW Doflamingo has the Mera-Mera Fruit. How the hell did he get his hands on that? I wonder if anyone is gonna eat it. Seems like an introduction of a few new characters which is nice to see and also nice to see some old familiar faces again. Thousand Sunny has finally made it to Dressrosa. A new arc begins. Cannot wait.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 27, 2013 1:27 AM

Mar 2012
As always character in One Piece have weird characteristic. Well the surprise here that Buggy is Shichibukai. And who is the 7 Shicibukai I wonder. And what Yaksha is? I think we can get how DD work with his title.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 27, 2013 1:31 AM

Jul 2010
HAHAHAHAHA BUGGY-SAMA! XDDDDDDDD

And I hope Sanji eats that fruit... *crosses fingers*
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Feb 27, 2013 1:32 AM

Jun 2012
This chapter is too much for me to handle.

Bonney is shown so it's apparent she's escaped from Akainu's clutches (I'm still expecting her to eventually join Luffy's crew). Fujitora is probably the new admiral. Buggy as Shichibukai isn't a surprise but Ace's DF is a completely different story. So much possibilities...it's obvious whoever eats it will have tremendous power and will become a threat in the NW (maybe even the next Shichibukai). The question is who that person will be (hopefully not Blackbeard >.>)
Feb 27, 2013 1:37 AM

Jun 2012
Friggen amazing chapter dammit. So much information revealed in this chapter, I spent like 45 minutes reading it lol, soaking it all in. I am really excited for all that's goin' on. Love that Bonney was shown, and apparently doing well. Though, I'm surprised no one mentioned Garp yet (panel above Bonney).

I can't wait till they get to Zou either, so we'll finally get to see Bepo and the rest of the Heart Pirates again. I feel like there's gonna be some sort of betrayal from somebody soon, however. Also I wouldn't be too surprised if everyone ends up going for the same Yonkou lol.

Really curious to see if the missing Shichibukai will be someone we know or not. Not really saying who I suspect, but the only pirates I can think of who are powerful enough are Blackbeard, Shanks, or maybe one of Whitebeard's crew (a.e. Marco). And none of those seems very likely.
Feb 27, 2013 1:40 AM

Oct 2010
Holy shit that was a lot of stuff crammed into one chapter.
Feb 27, 2013 1:46 AM

Apr 2009
buggy shichibukai? great!

what are the bunny like faces in the sea?
PessoaFeb 27, 2013 1:57 AM
Feb 27, 2013 1:46 AM

Oct 2009
Great chapter indeed! =D
The 700th chapter, how cool is that?! 8)
Feb 27, 2013 1:48 AM

Aug 2012
very fun chapter. I'm kind of skeptical about whether or not ace's devil fruit can be used to coax luffy into doing something stupid however I'm excited nonetheless to see who ends up eating it. I'm also excited about the possibility of the crew visiting wanokuni after this arc is finished. Apart from that there are too many awesome little things in this chapter to mention but seeing as this arc is getting this good this early i think we're in for one hell of a ride.
Feb 27, 2013 1:48 AM

Dec 2009
Great chapter! This is when One Piece is at its best. Showing the current events of this hige universe. And looks like it will be a start of a new arc already. Hopefully it wil be better than the last two, which started well but kind of went all over the place towards the end.
Feb 27, 2013 1:49 AM

Sep 2011
SimmianPrime said:
Holy shit that was a lot of stuff crammed into one chapter.

Yes it was! And it was AWESOME!!! Does anybody else think Bonnie will somehow join forces with Strawhats/Law for a bit? I mean, she's already had a run-in with Zoro after all...

Law without his hat. :3
Feb 27, 2013 1:52 AM

Oct 2011
OK chapter

The "mystery" of that writer felt unnecessary, and the whole ripple thing was redundant.

More telegraphing and force-connecting some points together. But it's still interesting to see where they are going for this saga. Probably the next if Dressrosa was the final arc of this one.

Then we had some pages about things we already knew.

the "oh lord x let me suck your balls I don't deserve such praise" is tiring now.

Best thing is we finally knew who got Ace's fruit.

So it's probably GB > DressRosa > Zou > Wano or a slightly different variation. At least Oda planned the time-line. Let's hope he planned a story as well, and a good one. And of course, no more 50-chapter arcs all the time, I don't want it to be 2017 when we're done with the whole Dofla/Kinemon problem. Short, to-the-point arcs with good build-up are better.

3/5, but the overall story is going strong for the last 3 chapters.

Edit: I hate it when a chapter says //end then I find another page after it.

They are already at Dressrosa? My good things look even better now. I want to change the score to a 4/5
x5exoticFeb 27, 2013 1:58 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2013 2:02 AM

Sep 2011
Also, how many flippin' names/titles does DF need to go by?!? "Ten Yasha," King, Joker, Master, Dofy (unless I read that wrong)?!?

Lastly, I like to think this picture sums up Ch. 700 pretty well.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/5674f94a94b5b42aef2061ccde5fc636/tumblr_mivg9uWAzM1rtpszvo1_250.png
dorkeemindee12Feb 27, 2013 2:09 AM
Feb 27, 2013 2:07 AM

Mar 2011
x5exotic said:
OK chapter

The "mystery" of that writer felt unnecessary, and the whole ripple thing was redundant.

They lasted 3 panels in total and depending on how Oda handles it the reporter may not be unimportant(may I remind you the how much of a big role that non-interesting mr2 played later on in the story)

x5exotic said:

More telegraphing and force-connecting some points together. But it's still interesting to see where they are going for this saga. Probably the next if Dressrosa was the final arc of this one.

Most of whuich have been open questions from before e.g. the samurai's intentions and backstory, I can't see your point of view.

x5exotic said:

the "oh lord x let me suck your balls I don't deserve such praise" is tiring now.

-_- Really? I thought it was fun.

x5exotic said:

Best thing is we finally knew who got Ace's fruit.

So it's probably GB > DressRosa > Zou > Wano or a slightly different variation. At least Oda planned the time-line. Let's hope he planned a story as well, and a good one. And of course, no more 50-chapter arcs all the time, I don't want it to be 2017 when we're done with the whole Dofla/Kinemon problem. Short, to-the-point arcs with good build-up are better.

Well... 4 yeasrs=200 chapters. Doesn;t seem that far-fetched to me, and Dofla has been a boss that has been developing over a great deal of time. I think he deserves a great deal of time though some fast pace would be nice by me as well.

Edit: who the hell is the 7th shichibukai??? And a new admiral..can anyone confirm if we know him from before time-skip?
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Feb 27, 2013 2:11 AM

Mar 2012
I can see someone will make a thread about theory of who is 7th shichibukai.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 27, 2013 2:16 AM

Sep 2012
Good chapters, though it had some wasted panels.

I wonder who the next 2/3 Shichibukai are.
Feb 27, 2013 2:22 AM

Apr 2009
Buggy being a warlord was already foreshadowed through the bat carriers before the timeskip, don't get what people are so excited about.

The rest of the chapter was full of new information, though. It'll take a while to get everything withtin context as dropped a bunch of mysterious names on us again and opened up even more subplots with the DF and Kinemon's mates.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 27, 2013 2:26 AM

Mar 2012
Liked it, not as good as the last 2 but still nice, and I hope they keep it that way.
End Zionazism
Feb 27, 2013 2:42 AM

Apr 2007
So luffy will eat the devil fruit? and be a rubber/fire man, finally he will get stronger again... hes far too weak now. He also lost against that male with his goat ^^
Feb 27, 2013 2:46 AM

Mar 2012
^ He already ate a DF -.-

He already has fire -_-

So no. -_-

Probably sanji will eat it. Or BB will come and take it.
End Zionazism
Feb 27, 2013 2:46 AM

Jan 2011
cool chapter felt like it was overflowing with new info lol

very interested in how the story will unfold and who gets ace's fruit most less logical person would be Luffy but i wouldn't mind if it was him again
Feb 27, 2013 2:49 AM

Apr 2007
Mikasa said:

He already has fire -_-

So no. -_-

So how do you think luffy will get stronger? Maybe training his haki more, because since he so easily lost a bit ago he really needs more training. Without a devil fruit maybe another 2-4 years on a island ?
Feb 27, 2013 2:51 AM

Mar 2012
Mikasa said:

He already has fire -_-

So no. -_-

Sanji won't eat it after all he want invicibility fruit that Absalom eat.
Feb 27, 2013 2:54 AM

Oct 2010
Maybe people with D in their name can have more than one Devil Fruit. If so it kind of explains Black Beard.
Feb 27, 2013 3:21 AM
Mar 2009
Wow! I really enjoyed this chapter! Was kinda expecting Buggy to be shichibukai though after the message he got from the world government! :P

But aww, I was hoping Law + Strawhats would meet up with Law's crew and then go take on Dressrosa!!! I want to see Bepo again!!!! Hope they show up soon nevertheless.

Hmmm... wonder what Kine'mon and his samurai friends are up to on this Zou island... hope they show Wanokuni soon too! I can see this arc being longer than the previous one. I can't really see Luffy and crew just doing what Law wants and destroying this factory without causing some other craziness.... like with Ace's devil's fruit... wonder why Luffy would actually want that though :/

Bonney!!! I really want to see what part she's gonna play in all this!!! :D
Feb 27, 2013 3:23 AM

Aug 2012
700!!!
That's a lot of chapters!

Things are heating up!
So they have Ace's devil fruit... Is it possible that if Luffy eats it he will have 2?
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Feb 27, 2013 3:26 AM

Apr 2009
FFS, stop discussing the poissibility of Luffy having two DF's.
BB is probably the only exception and Lufyy getting two DF would be a big betrayal to the overall themes Oda set for his story.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 27, 2013 3:26 AM

Apr 2007
Marhuto said:
700!!!

Things are heating up!
So they have Ace's devil fruit... Is it possible that if Luffy eats it he will have 2?

That's what I hope, luffy atleast needs to get some big powerup in the near future.
But I don't know if luffy can have 2 devil fruits, maybe hes special like black beard?
Feb 27, 2013 3:36 AM
Sep 2012
This chapter was

*puts on glasses*

Medi-ogre

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Feb 27, 2013 3:43 AM
Feb 2013
It's great to confirm that Buggy is now a Shichibukai, and that Oda's maintaining another secret from us, Shichibukai #7, and I'm really pumped to see that Bonney managed to escape the clutches of Akainu!
...Although I'm slightly concerned with this Mera Mera no Mi matter, since (using my baseless speculation ability) I'm expecting that Oda won't give it to any of the main characters, therefore someone on the island at the minute, or someone who will arrive on the island later, is going to eat that devil fruit and become a fire-man. Looks like we'll have to wait for future developments!
Also, when Buffalo was referring to Law's "heart seat" a few chapters earlier, I'm guessing that the seats of each suit are what he was referring to? Which would make Law a liar when he claims he's never been to Dressrosa. :o
Feb 27, 2013 3:50 AM

Nov 2011
interesting to see who is the 7th Shichibukai ...
I was thought before that 3 remaining Shichibukai ( before we had knew Law and Buggy is ones ) is Buggy, one of Supernova and one of unknown character before.. But with this chapter I think that one remaining Shichibukai would not be unknown character. but rather a known character before ... Sadly, I don't get idea ... -_-a
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Feb 27, 2013 3:52 AM

Aug 2012
Kanic said:

Edit: who the hell is the 7th shichibukai??? And a new admiral..can anyone confirm if we know him from before time-skip?

The 7th Shicibukai is someone we probably know since he's name is foreshadowed, and must've been one of the bigshots from the war/storyline, it remains to be seen. I won't go telling wild guesses that would be an epic surprise if they were true on that matter (KHMWBPIRATESKAH), or maybe a comeback of some old fellas. I would like to see Moria in the battle against Kaidou also since they share a past.

2. I looked up the name of the admiral and this is its first showing I guess since there is no information whatsoever, so probably someone new. I'm interested in his story and how the hell did he get to admiral level in these 2 years, but we haven't heard from here before. Also, the name could be wrong/mistranslated so what's left is waiting for mangastream to put the chapter up and confirm it.

EDIT: And so many informationzzzzz, it was nice
Also, Crocodile \m/
kiDnameDSkiaFeb 27, 2013 3:57 AM
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Feb 27, 2013 3:55 AM

Mar 2011
^Would prefer someone tottaly new and unknown than those disinteresting vice admirals(like momonga or the spider-haired dude). Seems to me that they don't fit the criteria. A new one though , with some logia like we discussed some time ago, would be nice. Also brings back that discussion about the mer mera fruit. Maybe it will eventually end up at the hands of the marines? Who knnows. At the very least if it ends up with the SH I just can't see anyone from the crew eating it.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
-Mr.Freeman
Feb 27, 2013 4:01 AM

Dec 2012
Buggy as a Shichibukai, wasn't expecting that lol

^^I think the 7th Shichibukai is Blackbeard, new admiral will probably be a new guy
Feb 27, 2013 4:04 AM
Feb 2011
Stellar chapter. Loved it. Awesome pace.

I don't think that was Garp in the first page, but if it was, I wonder what war he is fighting.
Feb 27, 2013 4:05 AM

Aug 2012
^ I could see Luffy getting the ability tho, although there's no real point in Luffy getting a logia since he's more or less protected from non-haki attacks by rubber. Also, there's no real synergy in it, and we haven't been explained how 2 DF on one person work yet. Is it like changing weapons, or can we have the abilities both at the same time? BB is one thing because his logia doesn't really protect him, but it would be awkward with Luffy and those 2 fruits..

Although Sanji and Kinemon have an affiliation with fire, just because of it I don't really see them getting the mera fruit, I mean their skills of creating fire would be rendered useless. Zoro taking it would be kinda lame since that would kill his "demon powers" image with bright colors O.O Usopp, well, the idea is interesting but I doubt it kinda.

My guess is that some enemy will take it or Luffy will just preserve it like Shanks preserved the rubber fruit.

And yeah I agree about the admiral, we need some new faces, the before t-s vice admirals belong in that position, having them so higher up would be boring.

EDIT: Also, could Abusa actually be Absalom? I mean, his DF would be perfect for such things as finding out secrets, as long as he keeps his mouth shut :D
kiDnameDSkiaFeb 27, 2013 4:13 AM
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Feb 27, 2013 4:10 AM

Mar 2011
Monde11 said:
Buggy as a Shichibukai, wasn't expecting that lol

^^I think the 7th Shichibukai is Blackbeard, new admiral will probably be a new guy

BB is confirmed as the one of the yonkou, he replaced whitbeard.
-Mr.Freeman
Feb 27, 2013 4:13 AM
May 2012
I could see Luffy eating the Mera Mera Fruit just because he's Luffy and probably doesn't even remember that having more than one Devil Fruit will kill you.

[Stupid theory]
There has been a lot of foreshadowing on the middle name 'D' and it will probably play a huge role. For instance, Blackbeard was only able to obtain Whitebeard's power because of his own DF. For all we know that could be a lie put in place to mind fuck us when someone else with D.(in this case Luffy) eats a second Devil Fruit.
[/end stupid theory]

But other than that I don't see anyone in the crew eating it.
Feb 27, 2013 4:15 AM

Nov 2009
And here I thought Mio randomly walked into the world of One Piece...

deviantART                                    YouTube  
Feb 27, 2013 4:21 AM
Dec 2012
As Expected from Oda-Sensei, he never failed to amazed me. Let's see Buggy is a Shichibukai now (HEY THAT BUGGY!) cant even believe it. And then How did they get Mera-Mera no Mi? Did dey make it or somehow able to split it from Ace?
Feb 27, 2013 4:22 AM

Jan 2010
Well, I *was* feeling pretty good about this chapter, but then I read through this...Ahem:

- First off, it was directly stated that if someone were to eat a second DF, the power would violently tear them apart.
The only reason BB could do it was because of his first fruit, which let him absorb the power. That's a different situation altogether, because he didn't actually eat WB's fruit.
Plus, I get the feeling that Luffy honestly won't care about the fruit much, simply because it isn't really in his nature. Even if he does get it, he may just end up throwing it in the ocean somewhere.

- The next Shikibukai CANNOT be a Yonkou, because that directly contradicts the concept of the three powers. Stop theorizing about BB, Shanks, etc, please.

- The new admiral can still be someone we know, they may have just changed their name like Borsolino/Admiral Kizaru, Kuzan/Admiral Aokiji, and Sakazuki/Admiral Akainu.

-
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Feb 27, 2013 4:27 AM

Aug 2012
ramonnl said:
Marhuto said:
700!!!

Things are heating up!

That's what I hope, luffy atleast needs to get some big powerup in the near future.
But I don't know if luffy can have 2 devil fruits, maybe hes special like black beard?

The 'D.' in their name might have some significance to the ability.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Feb 27, 2013 4:43 AM

Feb 2010
great chapter so much teasing Dressrosa arc will be amazing.
Feb 27, 2013 4:51 AM
Mar 2012
just halfway through and the chapter was greater than the whole ph arc, really best chapter in a long while
Feb 27, 2013 5:06 AM
Sep 2011
xHikaru13x said:
As Expected from Oda-Sensei, he never failed to amazed me. Let's see Buggy is a Shichibukai now (HEY THAT BUGGY!) cant even believe it. And then How did they get Mera-Mera no Mi? Did dey make it or somehow able to split it from Ace?

no, as soon as a devil fruit user die their power will be "reborned" as a new fruit. Thats the reason some people can know what fruits hold what power becuase it have been used earlier. It have been explained in a "SBS" and also smileys fruit the human made fruit was shown getting reborned
Feb 27, 2013 5:30 AM

Feb 2008
Buggy is a Warlord...
Lol wut?
Feb 27, 2013 5:31 AM

Apr 2010
Congrats to One Piece for reaching 700 chapters and still giving us such a good chapter to read.
This new arc seems promising.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 816 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

animefan8800 - Feb 10, 2016

104 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 815 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

57 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 814 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2016

112 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 813 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2016

81 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 812 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

G_Spark233 - Jan 14, 2016

139 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
Yesterday, 9:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.