3It was OK
17.2%
2Disliked it
4.2%
1Hated it
4.5%
Average 4.0
332 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2011 12:00 PM
Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was an decent episode, it's just kind of sad that ganta would of been dead like 50 times if not being saved by his friends.
Jun 18, 2011 12:01 PM

Sep 2009
Don't care about Ganta. There are enough other cool chartacters
Jun 18, 2011 12:04 PM

Oct 2010
Ganta not only proves to be useless but also pathetic. His constant complains are rather annoying.
Bastard punched Shiro and made her cry... I thought Crow was going to punch him well after he heard that.
Someone kill the grandfather, I think his head was by the rubble, is hard to see.
Crow gives a decent peace of advice, as they are even with help they will just be killed.

Nice Episode over all but everything still feels so rushed.
choyosJun 18, 2011 12:12 PM
huh?
Jun 18, 2011 12:04 PM

Jan 2009
Well, I do remember Ganta being incredibly stupid, but it's like there's no limit to how stupid he can be.
"Oh no, she grabbed the chip, threw it into another room and closed the door, and then something exploded on the other side. Damn it Shiro, this is all your fault!"
Like, really, Ganta?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 18, 2011 12:09 PM
Aug 2010
choyos said:

Someone kill the grandfather, I think his head was by the rubble, is hard to see.

Ehm, shiro killed him in an earlier episode.
Jun 18, 2011 12:11 PM

Oct 2010
banisherx said:
choyos said:

She did? I though she just beat the bejezus out of him = \
o well thanks ^^
huh?
Jun 18, 2011 12:15 PM

Nov 2009
I totally lol'd when Senji all of a sudden came in and sliiiccee'd the Undertakers. It was epic
Jun 18, 2011 12:19 PM
Jun 2009
sorta funny how shiro does not remember killing the one she called grandfather i started laughing when she walked into the room looking for him and his head was next to the bowling pins then started eating cookies and how the fuck do they not realize that explosion from where the data chip was thrown means something was up i mean shiro threw it closed the door then big boom first thing that comes to my mind is bomb i know up to that point they were protecting it with their lives and its drilled into them that its the only hope they have but when it explodes like that you have to get your head out your ass and think
Jun 18, 2011 12:22 PM

Feb 2010
Good episode. Cue character development time for Ganta.
Senji is basically the coolest character in any anime atm.
Jun 18, 2011 12:40 PM

Oct 2009
gmgkng said:
I totally lol'd when Senji all of a sudden came in and sliiiccee'd the Undertakers. It was epic

Me too! I loved his reaction when he found out he killed the strongest Undertakers in one slice XD!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2011 12:48 PM

Jul 2010
Ganta is so pathetic -_- and nice entrance Senji but wtf Toto's voice....
TenthJun 18, 2011 1:05 PM
Jun 18, 2011 12:48 PM

Jun 2009
Crow and Shiro are the only reasons i'm watching this anime.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 18, 2011 12:59 PM

Feb 2010
choyos said:
banisherx said:
choyos said:

She did? I though she just beat the bejezus out of him =
o well thanks ^^

Don't you remember Tamaki using his head as a bowling ball?
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Jun 18, 2011 1:05 PM

Nov 2007
yeah when the song was out Shiro went red man mode and killed him. Tamaki found the body and used the head as a bowling bowl. happened the last few eps.

Ganta is like the worst main character ever. the guy pretty much admitted to framing him and Ganta is just sitting there crying like a girl. I could see why Crow wouldn't want to help losers like them. Crow is a badass, while look at Scar Chain .... old people and a useless kid. none of them seem even like decent fighters.

they give those 2 undertakers background just to get destroyed by Crow hah.
Jun 18, 2011 1:06 PM

Oct 2010
Aniki1990 said:

Don't you remember Tamaki using his head as a bowling ball?

=........ (
I don't know what happen to me during those scenes, im sad inside. How could i miss that... I guess is time to re-watch = ]
huh?
Jun 18, 2011 1:22 PM
Nov 2010
The data chip gave quite a blow in the fire, how could they not know it was a bomb?
Jun 18, 2011 1:34 PM

Jul 2010
I thought it was quite obvious that the chip was a bomb last episode. Ganta is really the most annoying character I've seen. Mockingbird seems like an interesting character but I bet we're not going to see much of him with 2 episodes left =(
Jun 18, 2011 2:06 PM

Aug 2010
Does he not know the Chip was a fucking bomb?!?!
Jun 18, 2011 2:20 PM

Jan 2011
In the previous episode the burning body that started the fire in that room had fallen right beside a box with a flammable symbol on it, so that would be where he thought the explosion came from.
Jun 18, 2011 2:26 PM

Sep 2009
billng said:
that too after seeing it explode -_-'

Fucking hate Ganta and did from the very moment I saw him whine. Seeing him slap Shiro both in the anime and manga really makes me want to kill him. He should have died with his classmates in the beginning but noooo *rolls eyes*

Oh Senji, I know the anime makes you look ugly but still you are HOT!~♥
That was a cool entrance.

Every character is somehow or the other cool in action, craziness, looks, past but Ganta fails like at everything.
ValentilnJun 18, 2011 4:08 PM
Jun 18, 2011 2:54 PM

Feb 2010
billng said:

If he did, I highly doubt he would have punched her lol.

At this point yeah Ganta is pretty pathetic but everyone keeps going on about putting 2+2 but actually figure this out:
there was a guy on fire, put that with flammables and what do you have?
You wouldn't automatically think "oh there must have been a bomb in that chip, how stupid of me, hahaha." Maybe some you should look at it from a different angle lol
no offense intended
Jun 18, 2011 3:05 PM

Nov 2009
i hate ganta.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2011 3:42 PM

Jan 2011
aight, I think we all need to add Crow to our favorite character list ;D

he is just freaking badass!

sssssssliicccce!

Linalee-Stratos said:
billng said:
that too after seeing it explode -_-'

thought so first too but watch this! the explosion doesn't have to be created by the bomb-chip! what do you say now? huh?! :P Am I the only one to have noticed that?
And it also could've been a coincidence that everything exploded, as soon as shiro throw the chip into that room!
BUT at least, for every outstander there wasn't any evidence that everything exploded due to the chip!

KiijutsuJun 18, 2011 3:54 PM
Jun 18, 2011 3:48 PM
Aug 2010
so crow is still the greatest there is
Jun 18, 2011 3:53 PM
Jan 2011
estertjeuh said:
The data chip gave quite a blow in the fire, how could they not know it was a bomb?

Because they're stupid, and poor old Shiro who got punched by Ganta, and as for the prison, it is now known that it also functions as research facility and those with branches of sin are merely human Guinea pigs.
Jun 18, 2011 3:56 PM

Jan 2011
Nasty001 said:
estertjeuh said:

Because they're stupid, and poor old Shiro who got punched by Ganta, and as for the prison, it is now known that it also functions as research facility and those with branches of sin are merely human Guinea pigs.

seems like you guys are the stupid ones!

what do you think, is that sign on that crate? don't smoke?! hahaha fail

FYI: it is not like I really want to defend ganta or the others. but you guys seem to rant on every little detail without even paying attention to the episode!!!
PLZ refrain from ranting if you don't get your facts right!
Jun 18, 2011 4:03 PM

Aug 2008
This anime is disappointing me more and more. Not only are they censoring it and cutting out of a bunch of stuff, but now it seems that they gave Mockingbird a sex change. He was a bit androgynous, but they do refer to him as a boy

Also, when they were listing other strong deadmen to join them, instead of throwing in Peacock and Condor they just put in random people.

billng said:

If i remember right, it was more subtle in the manga. It didn't look like it was a bomb like it did in the anime after Shiro threw it.
KyzixJun 18, 2011 4:08 PM
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Jun 18, 2011 4:19 PM
Jan 2011
Shiro or better the red man should be more important in the story. Its always ganta and his weakness.
I think the problem is, that the serious only has 12 episodes, where you cant show the personality of every character even if this would make it better.
Jun 18, 2011 4:32 PM

Jul 2010
Crow's sliceee was awesome. All the whining kinda ruined the rest though.
Jun 18, 2011 4:41 PM

Jan 2011
SaiAkuto said:
Kiijutsu said:
hahaha fail

FYI: it is not like I really want to defend ganta or the others. but you guys seem to rant on every little detail without even paying attention to the episode!!!
PLZ refrain from ranting if you don't get your facts right!

FYI: Somehow Japanese love to put a whiny little boys as the protagonists in anime and manga. Most people are ranting on Ganta because of his personality. Because he's a pussy. Even his voice sounds as if he had no balls.
Deadman Wonderland seemed promising but after last episodes it looks like it will be you typical "whiny girlish boy saves everyone" anime. That's a hell of a disappointment.

I know that, don't worry. His voice annoys the hell out of me too. And I don't really like him. DW should be bout senji.
But come on, if some ppl begin to rant and seem to only care about ranting because for once they have the feeling that they can at least write sth that other can agree with, that pisses me off even more-.-
yeyeye, ganta is a whiny little bitch (lets not consider that he's extremely young).
but in this case, even though he may have overreacted, his actions are understandable!
and I only wrote this to the ppl who were wondering "why the f did ganta not notice that the chip had exploded?"
KiijutsuJun 18, 2011 4:50 PM
Jun 18, 2011 5:24 PM
Apr 2011
it obviously a bomb, how could ganta didnt recognize that?? errr he's so pathetic and useless. and shiro depressed bcause of him :/
Jun 18, 2011 5:25 PM

Apr 2011
God this anime is so fucking awesome, it keeps getting better and crazier with every ep. I loved Crow showing up and one-shotting everyone with those badass Crow Claws. "Where are the strong ones?" "Uhm, those *were* the strong ones, we think ..."

I figured that the disc was a bomb, but Shiro should've just said so instead of telling Ganta he was weak. Then Ganta goes and proves how weak he is by having a freakout and turning into a simpering pile of fail. If Senji's bad motherfuckin ass hadn't shown up wwith his sliiice, it'd have been over 2 episodes early.

Is Mockingbird a boy or a girl? Or is it both? I can't really tell to be honest.

5/5
Jun 18, 2011 5:26 PM

May 2011
i love senji he is just the awesomest character in here
this was an ok episode
ganta need to grow some balls man he's looking pretty pathetic right now
-ILoVelocAlSk8eRbOIs-
Jun 18, 2011 5:29 PM
Mar 2010
Who wants to bet with me on a second season? Two episodes seem more than enough to finish off the Scar Chain arc and leave the rest for a second season. I can already imagine how the ending of episode twelve will play out.

Anyway, I stopped comparing the anime to the manga and am enjoying it for what it is. It actually is much more bearable if you stop comparing each single detail with the manga. So yeah, nice episode 'n stuff. Liked the scene with Senji taking out dem bastards and using his new technique with the dramatic music in the background.
Jun 18, 2011 5:32 PM

Aug 2008
Guardian978 said:

Is Mockingbird a boy or a girl? Or is it both? I can't really tell to be honest.

To me it definitely looks/sounds like Mockingbird is a girl in the anime, but in the manga Mockingbird is a guy. Judging from how the anime has been with regard to the manga though, I wouldn't doubt it if they gave him a sex change.

BuuHuu said:

Anyway, I stopped comparing the anime to the manga and am enjoying it for what it is. It actually is much more bearable if you stop comparing each single detail with the manga. So yeah, nice episode 'n stuff. Liked the scene with Senji taking out dem bastards and using his new technique with the dramatic music in the background.

I'd be fine if it was just details that they were changing from the manga, but the changes seem to be getting bigger and bigger as the anime progresses. That being said, I do still like the anime though I am very disappointed in it.
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Jun 18, 2011 5:36 PM

Sep 2009
I think that they could've at least listened to Shiro when she tried to explain. It's obvious to everyone that she cares about Ganta so why would she just take away something he's holding and then throw it in a fire? On that note, even if you disregard the explosion as being from those crates, there was still the way she immediately closed the door and blocked it. :U

Crow was epic. How did he even lose to Ganta omg.

And looking at Mockingbird you'd think that he's a guy. o _o Guys often have female seiyuus but I dunno. Hope he's not female in the anime though. orz
Jun 18, 2011 6:59 PM

Jul 2009
crow has a point.. the real world is not much different. some people need to get educated and grow up; even if this is just a bunch of fictional characters.
Jun 18, 2011 7:40 PM

Oct 2009
Ganta's a punk ass bitch, but it seems like he'll be taking his shit more seriously next episode; in which he'll be beefing up for the next season (there's going to be a 2nd season guyz). Episode was way better than last episode's. Crow completely made it with his blood being able to move at the speed of sound.

Jun 18, 2011 7:41 PM

Jun 2007
Kyzix said:
This anime is disappointing me more and more. Not only are they censoring it and cutting out of a bunch of stuff, but now it seems that they gave Mockingbird a sex change. He was a bit androgynous, but they do refer to him as a boy

In the manga
Jun 18, 2011 7:48 PM

May 2011
this episode was alright... seems like crow is the smartest one in there.. and ganta is becoming one of those useless main characters...
Jun 18, 2011 7:58 PM

Feb 2010
i may say that this episode was better in the anime than the manga. at least for me.
Jun 18, 2011 8:04 PM

Dec 2009
I only watch this anime for Karasu. So by default, this episode is one of the greatest.

I'm guessing there will be a season 2.

This better escalate soon with Nagi or something.
Jun 18, 2011 8:11 PM

Apr 2011
*Removes Ganta from Favorite Characters*
*Adds Senj instead*

Ganta seems to be getting less manly by the episode. Hopefully he grows some balls by next episode.

I'm curious as to how they will end this without it feeling too rushed, so we'll see in a couple of weeks.
Jun 18, 2011 8:11 PM

Aug 2010
Good episode, I felt bad for Shiro though.
Jun 18, 2011 8:16 PM

Feb 2010
at least ganta admit that he is pathetic.

and come on , he has 14 years old.
Jun 18, 2011 8:27 PM

Apr 2011
Good episode, But enough with the whining Ganta, Grow a pair mate.

Crow = Awesome.
Jun 18, 2011 8:54 PM

Jul 2007
Go shiro!
Jun 18, 2011 9:35 PM

Sep 2009
I hope Ganta is going to have a dramatic change for the better. Right now it seems like Ganta is holding everything back.
Jun 18, 2011 10:51 PM

Mar 2011
Yeah, Ganta is a pretty awful main character. Kinda reminds me of Hiro from Kaibutsu Oujo.

Gotta love Jun Fukuyama, he does a mean psychopath.
Jun 18, 2011 10:57 PM

Jul 2010
choyos said:
Bastard punched Shiro and made her cry... I thought Crow was going to punch him well after he heard that.
Why would Crow do that? I thought he would punch Ganta for crying in the corner about how pathetic he was. It's like, dude, it's stuff like that which makes you pathetic. Get it?

Kyzix said:
Guardian978 said:

To me it definitely looks/sounds like Mockingbird is a girl in the anime, but in the manga Mockingbird is a guy. Judging from how the anime has been with regard to the manga though, I wouldn't doubt it if they gave him a sex change.
Well, if Ganta can be voiced by a girl, why not Mockingbird? If Mockingbird didn't refer to himself as "boku" while speaking I'd think it was a girl, too. Given some more tomboyish girls do use "boku" as well, but oh well. I guess we'll see.

BuuHuu said:
Anyway, I stopped comparing the anime to the manga and am enjoying it for what it is. It actually is much more bearable if you stop comparing each single detail with the manga.
*Sniff* If only we had more people like you! XD

I figured Senji would pop in and save the day. There was no way that they were getting out of that by themselves, and having Shiro come in and be the girl-wonder again would be incredibly lame. So who can we call in to take them out? Why, Senji, of course! The look on his face after taking out the supposed strong ones was priceless, I have to admit.

Rokuro's crazy side is just great. Although I am biased since I love his seiyuu, but come on, his crazy is so awesome.

And Shiro crying while eating cookies is like the best scene ever. For all the wonderful character in this show, why do we get a terrible protagonist like Ganta? Yeah, why not, I'll jump on the bandwagon with all the other Ganta haters for now.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mystik - Jul 2, 2011

347 by MacB00M »»
Sep 10, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kashim - Apr 16, 2011

385 by Zchero »»
Aug 8, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mystik - Apr 30, 2011

173 by Hayley2877 »»
Jul 31, 2:06 PM

» Anyone else think Deadman Wonderland is an underrated masterpiece?

Mattenan - Jun 19

40 by ikal1 »»
Jul 5, 4:54 AM

Poll: » 「Deadman Wonderland Anime Reboot」

waalex11 - Jul 26, 2020

8 by Zarutaku »»
Jun 19, 12:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.