3It was OK
5.0%
2Disliked it
1.3%
1Hated it
0.6%
Average 4.6
159 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 7, 2014 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lmao, Kokkuri-san just always has to make serious moments look hilarious. Love it with that random ramen ad.

I'm not sure what to think about that new girl though. She's cute at least, just a bit overexaggering about her feelings. I still thought episode was funny though with the comedic timing. Good OST used too.
Dec 7, 2014 8:30 AM

Nov 2007
That pretty lady in kimono... spirit of momij (Rina Satou)i. lol @ the talk. Kureha, huh. Wow, pretty drawing of someone she waits. So both the guy and Kureha are dead. The one she loves is voiced by Hino-san. lol~ Tanuki guy helping out through calling. He already reborn?

While thinking about Kureha, doll girl is going for cat. So Tanuki's friend is Tengu... (what, Toriumi-san can express that kind of voice? That's a new discovery) A shota love... lol~ Shota Kokkuri-san!!

Inugami going around the world. lol~ ELK!!

2 more eps. Oh, no. 61 mins. delay next week!
http://www.gugukoku.com/news.html#n111
tsubasaloverDec 7, 2014 8:55 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 7, 2014 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
Kokkuri-san is a one of my most favorite anime so far @.@ I havent seen episode 10 yet but most likely it will be funny
Dec 7, 2014 1:30 PM

Jul 2010
Kohina starting to dig xD

A 5 yen sale per cup noodle!

Kureha answering a question with a question then answering in a way that is the same as not answering xD She really is caught up in the times too!

Tengu being a pedo for little boys! Liked the conflict between Tengu and Kokkuri! Tengu telling Kohina to not join in!!!

Liked how Kohina recorded what Kokkuri said.

Thought that Shigaraki was going to something meaningful again xD Takes out a phone to call the other world then lacks the strength to make another one.

Kokkuri's good news was really great! Kureha's lover having reincarnated and became the tree that she is bound to.

ELK, Inugami is back!
Dec 7, 2014 1:34 PM

Sep 2012
The Ost and writing of the Maple leaf tree's story really reminded me of Mushishi.
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 7, 2014 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
This was a pretty funny episode with some serious undertones about this little mini plot. Definitely felt like an episode from Natsume.

Wasn't expecting the tree to be the guy though. I half expected for her to pass on by the tanuki pretending to him or something like that. So that was a nice little mini twist.
Dec 7, 2014 2:03 PM
Nov 2013
Kureha is so cute! Too bad she found who she was waiting for because I was hoping she'd become Kokkuri-san's love interest. Shigaraki is a true man, and I'm glad Inugami came home.

chakracat said:
The Ost and writing of the Maple leaf tree's story really reminded me of Mushishi.

I was about to say this. Really beautiful episode (minus the pedo haha)
Dec 7, 2014 2:14 PM

Aug 2012
inb4 'omg too much pedo comedy in this anime'

Great episode. They troll us by blowing off Inugmi and instead we get this really warm episode straight out of Natsume(definitely felt more Natsume than Mushishi). I like how strongly Kureha was characterized for a seemingly episodic character, she came off very quirky and fun(largely thanks to Satou Rina)which made the developments at the end even better. The sarcastic emphasis on "written 'red leaves', pronounced 'Kureha' when she said and then again on that transition panel was hilarious. The show refuses to take itself too seriously even when it's called for, which just builds such a solid tone and character dynamic.

The 'typical tengu' parody was hilarious as well. Poor abused Kokkuri-san.

I'm not sure whether I should feel slighted or pleased with being well trolled with Inugami. To put it on the back burner and then just throw the resolution at the end of that nice side story so nonchalant was both infuriating and hilarious. I really do feel trolled but I'm not even mad because we got proper drama from it last episode, and that was a reasonable enough way for him to get over it. The narrator actually nailed it too since it gradually slipped my mind throughout the episode. Still, I do hope Kohina shows him a little love by the end of the series.
Dec 7, 2014 2:38 PM
Jan 2013
This was possibly my favourite episode of Kokkuri-san. I like the warm-hearted feels induced. Some of the pedo jokes could have been blown off the script though.

And here I thought this show was slipping down. I guess they reserve some surprises for the end.

And I completely agree with r0ykun. I wish Kureha had become Kokkuri-san's love interest; not merely out of a desire to see the MC shipped together with the most attractive female in the series, but because I thought it was possible that Kokkuri san, with his typical disinterest in women despite his being attractive, might have had a similar backstory. Too bad about that though.
Dec 7, 2014 2:40 PM

Feb 2014
Well I wasn't expecting that twist. I'm pretty sure Inugami will be the name of the new meteorite that landed on earth.
Dec 7, 2014 2:45 PM
Jan 2014
Kokkuri-san's head is filled with discounts, to the point he forgot about Kohina's cup ramen addiction. Though maybe he made an expection, since it was discounted by 5 whole yen!

I loved how Kureha's character was involved. It wasn't very disturbing and out of context at all, despite the tragic concept. Instead, it managed to fill in some interesting comedy schemes.

It's always very amusing when Shigaraki dresses up like Kohina, be it in his human or animal spirit form. Kohina was definitely cheating on Kokkuri-san by playing with that cat.

We finally got a scene with Tengu in it. Though I didn't expect him to shoo away Kohina, despite his love for little boys. Calling Kokkuri-san a lolicon was a nice bonus.

Interesting how Shigaraki was getting all worked up and serious with that bead bracelet, only to find out it was attached to a cell phone... Sure put on a good look on Kureha's face.

Inugami simply being Inugami, and ELK.
Dec 7, 2014 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
Kureha is so cute.

Kureha's lover having be reincarnated as tree that Kureha is being bound to.
Dec 7, 2014 3:25 PM
Mar 2013
This was a really cute episode. The music and art combined with Kureha's story really warmed my heart. This and the previous episode have been fantastic.
Dec 7, 2014 4:41 PM

May 2013
I really liked this episode. Kureha's story was pretty nice.
Dec 7, 2014 5:02 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I love how Kohina theorized a corpse to be under the maple tree and proceed to digging. XD

Kureha character was a nice addition in this episode. Pretty funny how she thought Kokkuri is a cosplayer and then a toy after he transformed.

Listened to Kohina's "KakuKaku-Shikajika de Kakukaku te Shikajika. Soushite, Kakukaku de mata Shikajika nano desu." at least 7 times. That was great.

Lol'd at Tengu being a shotacon and calling Kokkuri a lolicon! Then, Kokkuri had to give in and transform into a little boy for him to take pictures for the info anyways. XD

The moment Kokkuri realized his assumption is way off the mark on Kureha and was about to make sure Kohina doesn't tell, I knew it was coming. Way to burst his bubble, Kohina.

> "A man who isn't moved by a woman's tears is no man at all."
Well said, Shigaraki. Well said. Even though he failed to summon that guy's spirit utterly via his cellphone. XD

Nice seeing Kureha's case finally being resolved, though in a bittersweet manner.

Not sure if it was alright to feel bad for Inugami last episode, as he returned on his own will at the end anyways, exactly how Kokkuri said. Still just as obsessive over Kohina. That "E.L.K" though..

Good episode. I see how Kohina thinking biology into fantasy proved to be legit, but Kokkuri's simple supernatural speculation was a complete failure. XD

Dec 7, 2014 5:15 PM

Aug 2014
If only my trees could talk...
Dec 7, 2014 5:57 PM

Dec 2013
I liked this episode a lot, but it felt misplaced in this show. Definitely felt like something that should've been in Natsume Yuujinchou instead of this. Either way, it was still sweet, though I thought the humour wasn't as good as usual. The ending with the biology stuff was funny.
Dec 7, 2014 6:43 PM

Oct 2012
Shigaraki failed
Dec 7, 2014 7:21 PM

Oct 2007
I liked the serious side to this episode, their love story was good, but of course being what this series is, they killed it with random jokes x.x
Dec 7, 2014 8:17 PM
Mar 2012
I really liked the mood of this episode, looks like we can also get some good seriousness in a comedy series.
Dec 7, 2014 8:31 PM
Jun 2012
I thought the guy became the tengu...i was totally off...way more than kokuri-san.
Dec 7, 2014 8:43 PM

Mar 2014
Aww, this episode was pretty sweet. I totally thought Kureha was a tree spirit at first, as well, and then assumed the old raccoon would entice her/is the "one." Inugami seems very lonely.
Dec 7, 2014 9:00 PM

Dec 2010
This was cute, and actually quite sad. But it was sad in a good way. I prefer the comedy, but the drama moments are done nicely as well.

I don't want the series to end yet!
Dec 7, 2014 9:47 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode it wasn't that very funny but my kokoro is warm. I'm liking this Kureha character too even if she is just the featured character of the day. Totally forgot about Inugami-san as well.
Dec 7, 2014 9:53 PM

Nov 2009
We have been graced by three awesome voice actors in a single episode. Hands down to Toriumi Kouuke

Their love story is really sweet
Dec 7, 2014 10:09 PM

May 2012
Awwwwwww
Dec 7, 2014 10:48 PM
Mar 2013
You must not believe that an episode of Kokkurisan can end up with just tears for a thoughtful and depressingly ironical conclusion, or you'll be tricked. But, I feel happier with the last part. Possibly, she will be there until he dies and then they two will depart to the better world hand in hand.
Dec 7, 2014 11:13 PM

Mar 2014
What a beautiful episode.

Lol at Yamamoto-kun giving Inugami advice xD

Mountain Tengu God being a gay pedo was unexpected.

Only 2 more episodes to go :(
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Dec 8, 2014 4:22 AM

Apr 2013
I liked the mode of this episode :o

Dec 8, 2014 5:55 AM

Jan 2013
This episode was so good.
The little humor they had while giving a sad/heart warm story.
Dec 8, 2014 7:57 AM

Nov 2012
oh, a more serious segment this episode. the jokes (especially the pedo jokes part) kind of ruined the atmosphere though.
Dec 8, 2014 8:06 AM

Apr 2014
Great ep. I really loved the mood and the music in this one.

Kohina looked adorable in her bird costume.
Poor Kokkuri-san being called a cosplayer and a toy, plus he was forced to pose for a gay pedo Tengu for information.
Poor Tanuki being on the blacklist of every spirit agency.

2 weeks left till the end.
DemonarionDec 8, 2014 8:16 AM

Dec 8, 2014 8:30 AM

Jul 2014
Nice episode. Kohina is so funny Lmao.
Dec 8, 2014 8:56 AM

Aug 2010
Sweet and cute ep :3 I agree that the OST reminded me of Mushishi too :3

Kureha is kawaii her engrish is so cute <3 Hope we get more of her :3 And can the Maple tree really talk or was that for the lols? XD

Tengu being a Gay pedo was lol calling Kokkuri a Lolicon XD and taking pics of shota Kokkuri lolol

"All I can do is give info and hit on shota's" Kohina: "U're good for nothing" XD

Calling spirits from the dead......with a phone XD Lol Shigaraki XD

And the reason he couldn't call again was because he has a prepaid bill XD

Inugami travelling the world was lol.
Barion-ZaraDec 8, 2014 9:24 AM
Dec 8, 2014 9:02 AM

Jan 2014
chakracat said:

If these are the kind of OST and plot that Mushishi gives, i'm definitely starting it. The OST & plot for this episode was nice.

Felt sorry for Kokkuri, how degrading must it had been to expose himself like that. I knew there was something missing in this episode, and it was the lack of Inugami. But being compensated by a Pedo spirit certainly fulfilled the void left by Inugami.

Dec 8, 2014 9:49 AM
Jun 2013
Okay, I'm certain this episode is supposed to be a Mushishi parody, but a really well done one.

E: Now that I think about it, there should be an entire Anime like this, with a comedic Mushishi setting. That would be awesome. Pls make it happen.
Kirua-Dec 8, 2014 9:53 AM
Dec 8, 2014 2:18 PM
Mar 2012
An unusual episode, but sweet.
I wonder how it's going on though - does she cross over now? But trees live for a long time, she'd have to wait. Or does she stay with the tree?

Might have reminded some of Mushishi, but it also could have been a Natsume's Book of Friends story.
ElenirLachlagosDec 8, 2014 2:23 PM
Dec 8, 2014 2:41 PM

Apr 2014
Haha, great episode, as always.
I actually liked the mini-plot they had there. I wasn't expecting him to be the tree, so that was pretty clever. Good going, Kokkuri-san.
Dec 8, 2014 4:42 PM
Jul 2018
It's a touching episode ~
It's nice to have some serious stuff going on.

OMG SHGARAKI WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY ARE YOU BANNED XDD
DONT TELL ME YOU BRING UP HOT DEAD LADIES HUH

Kokkuri-san's seriouslnees is so hilarious XD

Omg Inugami, I forgot that he ran away :P
Dec 8, 2014 5:49 PM

May 2013
Some hot chick just waiting for her lover in a maple tree. Yeah, that was touching, but I've seen better. Anyway, we get a little boy-loving mountain god. Haha! Pedophile! Kokkuri-san transforming into a little boy was great!
Shgaraki was blacklisted in the underworld. As expected from him. Good thing that Kokkuri-san was mature for the talking.

I think this should have been a sad episode. But due to Inugami being a loner and running away, I lost that feeling.
Dec 8, 2014 5:50 PM

Apr 2012
really a Beautiful episode and ridiculous at the same time xD

nice bgm in the beginning

dat Tengu is Gay Pedo! wtf xD

Shiragaki get blacklist xD

the moment when Kureha know the truth that maple tree where he wait is... so touching

Inugami jump to earth atmosfer(the laws of gravity don't apply) and get burning XD

my best episode so far :D
AcezHarfianzDec 8, 2014 5:54 PM

Dec 8, 2014 9:09 PM

Jun 2013
Kureha's voice so recognizable
Dec 9, 2014 1:02 AM

Aug 2010
Kirua- said:
Okay, I'm certain this episode is supposed to be a Mushishi parody, but a really well done one.

E: Now that I think about it, there should be an entire Anime like this, with a comedic Mushishi setting. That would be awesome. Pls make it happen.

Well there's Natsume Yuujinchou. It's not comedy per se but Madara sensei makes it pretty funny every now and then :P
Dec 9, 2014 7:13 AM
Jul 2018
Why the f*** is Kokkuri-san allowing Kohina to purchase cup noodles and wtf is Kohina's outfit? xD
A very beautiful episode with a cute story. This anime keeps on doing different things and now the only thing that's missing Kohina turning into a real girl (which I'm not even sure it will happen).
Dec 9, 2014 2:49 PM

Mar 2013
loved every moment in this episode :)
Dec 10, 2014 9:03 AM
Feb 2013
That mini-plot hit me pretty hard to wring out a drop of despair and sympathy. I read that somebody here wished on an extended/alternate ending where the supposed boyfriend dies, they compromise, and ultimately pass - I actually like the idea; makes me think that this could be introduced as bonus material. Wishful thinking, regardless. But, meh, this one still suffices.

Couldn't help but take a screenie of that last part with Inugami as the fuckin' shooting star - not exactly the reason for the screenie, but the tones used as she lay against the tree were striking. Anyway, E.L.K.! E.L.K.! E.L.K.!
Dec 10, 2014 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed this episode, it was funny!
Dec 10, 2014 12:12 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Great episode, very funny. The seriousness of some parts was a nice change of pace I think.

The girls' story was a sad one, albeit a little cliche. Still gave me some feels though, but at least it had a sweet ending. As a few people pointed out, the soundtrack really stood out in this episode. I loved the comedy as well. It was solid. That tengu was creepy as all hell.

What was up with Kohina's "coat"? I couldn't stop laughing at it.

Glad Inugami is back. Could not stop laughing as he burned in the atmosphere.
Dec 12, 2014 10:05 AM

Jun 2008
Kohina in that outfit <3
Dec 12, 2014 9:13 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
This didn't give me Mushishi vibes...but if I were to compare with another anime, I would agree with the few others that said that this felt like Natsume Yuujinchou, but with more silly comedy. Was a nice love story, but lol, can't believe the dude/maple tree could talk...what.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2014

74 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 5, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

113 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 5, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2014

163 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 5, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2014

134 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 8, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

62 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 8, 9:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.