Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 13, 2010 11:26 AM

Feb 2008
frank_desu said:
Well I didn't go into this thinking the story was going to be amazing or anything ^^ but one thing this episode did really well was the car chase scene. I think that's the first time I've ever seen a car chase in anime...well except for death note.

A good car chase?, you should look Ex-Driver or the episode from you are under arrest, when natsuke chase the yellow Lancia HF delta on the rain, or look at Initial D

Oct 13, 2010 7:28 PM

Feb 2010
Better than the first EP... they're trying!! >_<

I think this is on it's way up.

2nd 1/2 of the ep (for the most part) was win.
Oct 13, 2010 7:39 PM
Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
Meh, this show isn't good. I don't really see a positive thing about it. There are negatives, but they all have to do with the fact that this is mediocre...except for Nanami chasing after Tony and the plutonium switcheroo. Those are just bad. As far as this keeping up with American cartoons, Batman the Brave and the Bold, and Spectacular Spider Man are critically acclaimed super hero shows from the past few years, so I saying it's on par with them is just wrong. And the reason is this: American adaptations of superhero shows aren't all that episodic. They're serialized. There's always some current of a story following through. The only example of a good superhero cartoon that isn't is Batman the Brave and the Bold, and that went super campy. Iron Man does neither. It's cheesy in a 1990s anime sort of way with the music, dialogue, characterization, and format; It's not all that funny; and rather than really do something that felt like they took their time to make something keeping the universe intact, they just do a cheap port. There's zero intelligence in the way the show is done, and for a show about one of the Marvel Universe's smartest men, it's a let down.
^Best post.

I think some people are overemotional about the graphics. They're really not that bad, and the action is okay, but as for the actual story and concept, yeah it's really cheap. Not full blown awful, just cheap and nothing really special.
Oct 14, 2010 3:03 PM

Apr 2009
ok episode =))
lets see where this goes
Oct 15, 2010 2:25 AM

May 2010
This episode was fine and better than the 1st episode in my opinion ;) .. Anyways ; I think I hate this series xD , Nothing personally but i'm not into mecha & action that much ,
I just hope the upcoming episodes will be better :/ .. Then , My opinion may change ! .. so my ranking for this episode is 3 out of 5 ..!
winddyOct 15, 2010 2:53 AM
Oct 15, 2010 10:26 AM

Dec 2009
While the episode was pathetic as expected. I laughed the entire time.
I'm glad Japan is getting it's well-deserved revenge .
Oct 16, 2010 5:53 AM
Jul 2018
noteDhero said:
Where did you hear that? Stan Lee hasn't been working at Marvel for as long as some of us were alive. Madhouse was given free reign if I'm not mistaken. He appears in the movies as a cameo/actor. Not because he has anything to do with the production beyond being the creator of the characters.

Which is totally why he's almost has a producer or executive producer credit on many of the films. . . . lol

He's more involved than you think he is
Oct 16, 2010 7:48 AM

Aug 2008
That's my fault. I totally forgot about his being a producer. My point was that he's not the writer for the movies and doesn't do treatments for the screenplays. I also want to point out that being a producer is different than working at Marvel. He doesn't represent the company's interests at all, but his own. He has produced most of the comic book films regardless of whether or not they're owned by Marvel Studios. And in the case of this show, Lee has nothing to do with it.
Oct 19, 2010 12:27 AM

Sep 2009
Well, this episode was So Okay It's Average.
I have a feeling this series is going to okay, but not especially good.

Also, what is up with Nanami's face?

Sometimes it gets to Kaiji levels. :P
Oct 19, 2010 11:47 AM
Jul 2009
Well I liked it alittle but I really don't expect it to be any differnt from any episodes I've seen in the marvel comics' universe, the cheese plot, to the char, and the obvious repititious fights. Cool but way old by now, tho only point of interest I have is the fact that this hero, is not masked at all and is completly exposed to politics and normal people. His stuggle to deal wit everything in an open manner and on top of trying to befreind a completly different natioality of people.
Nov 1, 2010 2:42 PM
Nov 2009
this is getting painful to watch....
Nov 18, 2010 9:55 PM
Jun 2008
Hydrazoid said:
They actually keep highly enriched plutonium in a camera box =_='''
Those crooks must be retarted.
The writers must have ran out of ideas to have to rely on the century old box trick

Actually, I am not sure if that was a camera box they had it in, or simply a box that looked like the camera box she happened to have. When I watched it, I saw it as the box that rather looked like another kind.

Oh, and there was talk about camera lens rusting, and how they can't because they are just made of glass. That actually isn't true. The glass is placed in a ring to allow it to screw on and off the camera.

Anyways. I enjoyed the episode. I'll admit that the plot is one of the most predictable I've seen, but I don't mind that persay. Then again, I am watching Iron Man for characters I've likes and already know. That, and the action scenes. Kind of slow too. But then, I was expecting something extremely slice-of-life, more episodic, not really having any tie in between episodes when I came into this.
Dec 11, 2010 12:10 AM

Feb 2010
The reporter chick is annoying as fuck.
Dec 28, 2010 4:33 AM

Oct 2009
Well this was better than the first episode but still lacks something >_>
And yes the CG still sucks but its not bad, but the plot seems pretty typical at this point, this show is fine as a stand alone series just forget about the Iron Man you knew and watch this lol...

Will continue watching for now.
Aug 2, 2011 3:42 PM

Aug 2010
Well, I liked this more than episode 1, it was less boring, but Cancer was about as interesting a villain as Scorpio was. I hope we get some cooler villains later.

But Tony transforming in his car was cool. And who's that dude on the motorcycle? He got on my nerves.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Aug 7, 2011 2:57 PM

Mar 2009
Awesome episodes...the in-car suit-up was fantastic!

And, the hand-to-hand with Cancer was freaking BA!!!
It's nice to see Iron Man fight with more than just RT, Matt Fraction should take a note from this episode.

But, I agree with malvarez1, the villains have been pretty generic so far.
But, whatever that thing the Motorcylce guy was looking at at the end looked pretty cool.

I'm so glad I waited for the dub for this show, it's turning out to be great already.

Urahara Out!!
Sep 19, 2011 9:16 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty average and the CG Iron Man sticks out like a thumb hit by a hammer. In other words it sticks out like a sore thumb.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 2, 2012 3:21 AM

Jul 2008
a car transformation was cool.
Oct 28, 2012 4:14 PM

Dec 2007
Lol, the reporter girl reminded me of Sandra Bullock in the movie speed. I expected the mix up with the box when I saw her holding it while driving the scooter.
Jul 12, 2013 2:48 PM

Jan 2008
Still liking the way the suit is looking but this ep was decent again not hating it but not loving the show either but liking it as of now.
Jan 7, 2014 12:15 AM

Jun 2009
Soooo many lines!!
The car chase scene was weird and why would the crooks think hiding plutonium in a camera box would not be suspicious?
Too many city damage as well. It's alright messing up New York but not Tokyo. That's just rude.

"Here's one way to cure cancer!" and the car transformation were the only forgivable scenes in this episode.

Anyways, I would have never guessed that Japanese dude in charge was planning something! *sarcasm*

I can't wait to finish this so I can never look back.
Sep 4, 2014 10:13 PM

Aug 2012
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm , 2 episodes in and I feel like deleting this anime already.

Oh what the hell, 10 more episodes left !
Sep 4, 2015 9:41 PM

Nov 2009
Ugh, the action and the music is decent but everything else is terrible especially everything involving the reporter, I cannot stand her at all that includes dialogue, actions pretty much everything is so cringe-inducing with that character.
Feb 16, 2016 11:04 AM

May 2012
Great development, I really like where this is going!
Nov 13, 2019 6:39 AM
May 2019
A little step-up from the first episode. Now, I'll admit I've never been a Marvel fan, so this isn't that appealing to me.
Aug 5, 2023 9:08 PM
Jan 2017
These Zodiac warriors kind of remind me of that Animated movie back in 2007. I think it's called "The invincible Iron Man" but that was more on the origin of Iron Man, and the warriors in that movie were all based on elements of Earth, Wind, Fire, Water...but that movie wasn't that good

The action scenes here are only marginally better in this show, and again, I don't know how much of Iron Man story is in this anime. I don't really like him purposely fighting in front of civilians, it seems a bit reckless, and I know he was a jerk early on in his comics, but i don't know if he did this blatantly in the comics.

The other thing is this female reporter, I am starting to not really like her either, I hope she doesn't get in the way all the time when Iron Man is saving the day.
Oct 12, 2023 11:04 AM
Mar 2016
It is so unnoticeable I can't find it on anywhere other than gogoanime.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Iron Man Episode 12 Discussion

A2ZOMG - Dec 26, 2010

44 by littlefrank103 »»
Oct 7, 2023 8:31 PM

Poll: » Iron Man Episode 11 Discussion

Kanade-chan - Dec 13, 2010

22 by littlefrank103 »»
Oct 7, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Iron Man Episode 10 Discussion

Kanade-chan - Dec 4, 2010

18 by littlefrank103 »»
Oct 7, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Iron Man Episode 9 Discussion

Kanade-chan - Nov 26, 2010

29 by littlefrank103 »»
Oct 7, 2023 5:15 PM

Poll: » Iron Man Episode 8 Discussion

belatkuro - Nov 21, 2010

27 by littlefrank103 »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.