Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 29, 2013 1:44 AM

Nov 2012
Damn !
This anime reminds me "Clannad" and "Angel Beast".
Main character strong and always act cool..
Oct 1, 2013 7:22 AM

Aug 2008
When watching it in 2013 i found anime quite lacking in same parts. it's old school shonen executioned story with self-sacrificing hero (read jerk). It annoyed me when characters repeat every cool sentence at least several times in row. Whole drama at the end was simply idiotic, for some reason it was deemed necessary for every single character to say "Kazuki/Muto" after his supposed death.

But still story is quite solid, especially as for shonen show. Unfortunatly it didn't age well, but over all it's still watchable. 7/10
Dec 11, 2013 12:01 PM

Aug 2013
no kiss at the end... i swear, i think in anime's you either get a kiss straight away or it has to go 7 years before the kiss occurs.
Apr 24, 2014 12:55 AM

Jul 2008
This was alright overall, but the picture perfect ending was a bit of a letdown, we need more drama and consequences at the end, not hax to make everything work out.

6/10
Jun 5, 2014 3:25 AM

May 2012
Pretty lovely ending I must say actually, I actually didn't expect this to be this good of an ending.

The anime it self was for me pretty meh and I couldn't really get into the too linear story line but well the intense action did made up for some other parts!

All in all a pretty average to fine anime!
Jan 12, 2015 7:13 PM

Oct 2014
Happy Ending! But they didn't explain the scar also there are some plot holes but overall good series and I loved the opening song so 7/10
May 16, 2015 12:30 AM

Feb 2015
I'm happy with the ending.
I mean, so much has happened and I knew it wouldn't end with any major death. Still no welcome back kiss, what a bummer but I'm glad they finally ending up being a couple in the end and now can live a peaceful life and go to school.

I will say that the later half EP13+ really kept me from dropping this show, I mean the early half was too the point boring.
I enjoyed this anime, and with a happy ending for the two love-birds, I will score it around 7-8

I know the manga doesn''t add anything but I still plan to own it for my collection. I didn't even know about the manga til I saw it on the dvd extra.
May 30, 2016 4:41 PM

Apr 2009
"I'll protect everyone, so someone please protect me.." ...that line ;_;
...beautiful T_T

awhhh, Pappi- such an entrance _XD
-and exit ;3

mh... still good ^_^-
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jun 15, 2016 2:01 PM

Aug 2012
Cnon said:
Happy Ending! But they didn't explain the scar also there are some plot holes but overall good series and I loved the opening song so 7/10
well they did say she was the only survivor of the high school massacre. So the scar is either from there or a fight with homonculi
Jun 15, 2016 2:04 PM

Oct 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
Cnon said:
well they did say she was the only survivor of the high school massacre. So the scar is either from there or a fight with homonculi

yeah that's probably it.
Jun 15, 2016 2:06 PM

Aug 2012
Cnon said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

yeah that's probably it.
oh and
. I think maybe this is in the manga. I would have liked a more complete ending.
Jun 15, 2016 2:18 PM

Aug 2012
I really liked the ending, because Kazuki managed to save everyone. But I envisioned another one where Victor manages to destroy every traces of alchemy and then dies by the hand of Kazuki. Because I agree with him. Alchemi is bad. Also what guarantees are that the leaders of the Alchemist Army will not continue their search for the phylosophal stone trough alchemy? I liked the Claymore ending better (the manga ending) even though the author stretched the story after the events in the anime (that goes a bit dfferent) for way to long. He resurrected Priscilla and Claire so many times it become stupid. But the ending was a better ending that this one. The ones that created the yoma and the claymore are chased from the island and told never to return. I would have liked an ending where the alchemy army is dismantled and the higher ups executed. But maybe is just me... Did anyone else wanted Vicor to succeed about the revelations about the link with the phylosophal stone? (the episode where captain Bravo tries to kill Kazuki for the first time)
Jun 15, 2016 2:31 PM

Oct 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
Cnon said:

yeah that's probably it.
oh and
. I think maybe this is in the manga. I would have liked a more complete ending.

Is that so? I need to read the manga then
Jun 16, 2016 12:40 AM

Aug 2012
Cnon said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
oh and

:( I was wrong. i double checked and is in a game made after the manga.
http://busorenkin.wikia.com/wiki/Soya_Muto
Jun 16, 2016 3:38 AM

Oct 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
Cnon said:

well that sucks..
Jun 16, 2016 3:51 AM

Aug 2012
Cnon said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

well that sucks..
Why? Is still a good addition to the story. It reminds me of Trunks http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Future_Trunks .
Jun 16, 2016 4:43 AM

Oct 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
Cnon said:

well that sucks..
Why? Is still a good addition to the story. It reminds me of Trunks http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Future_Trunks .

I wanted to read it in the manga.
Aug 31, 2016 5:23 PM

Apr 2016
And here I started thinking I'm not enjoying animes lately. Loved this one.

10/10!

And lol at those scenes from the pursuit.
Raccoon_CitizenOct 2, 2016 1:28 AM
Jan 27, 2017 1:04 AM

Nov 2016
it was a good anime until it made me have the feels in the last 3 or so episodes
Jan 3, 2018 1:09 AM

Dec 2013
I was interested at the beginning of the series due to Tokiko's awesomeness. However, she really did get worse as the story went. The battles focused more on Kazuki's OP-ness as we saw less or Tokiko fighting. It got worse especially at the end when she "could not live without Kazuki". I do wish Tokiko would have remained or gotten stronger throughout the story, which I felt was the worst part of her character development. I didn't care much for Kazuki's friends (so annoying IMO), but the Alchemist army and some of the villians were rather fun characters. Overall, I'll probably only remember this series for Tokiko (I love her character design) as the rest of the story was pretty forgettable.
kamisakaJan 3, 2018 1:14 AM
Jan 13, 2018 6:42 AM

Sep 2012
Wow, I teared up at Victor and Victoria being reunited, but I all out cried when Kazuki told Pappy he would always remember his name, all the way through reuniting with the friends and the ending freezeframe T__T I appreciated the insertion of Makka na Chikai in the showdown against Pappy, but I don't feel like it really matched the tone of the fight. So great to rewatch my favorite anime after such a long time!

Overall these ending episodes were kinda slow, and all of the material probably could have been covered faster. I still wish we could have seen the battle on the moon in all its grandeur, but resolving it the way he did made it a little more... I dunno, valuable? Like, having an all out final battle against an unyielding foe is epic, but this actually showed character development in the main villain. I guess that's worth something, right? I haven't seen many shounen stories end quite like that. Even though I think it could have had a more exciting ending, it tried something different to close out the story with more emphasis on characters rather than action, and I can't fault it for that.

kamisaka said:
I was interested at the beginning of the series due to Tokiko's awesomeness. However, she really did get worse as the story went. The battles focused more on Kazuki's OP-ness as we saw less or Tokiko fighting. It got worse especially at the end when she "could not live without Kazuki". I do wish Tokiko would have remained or gotten stronger throughout the story, which I felt was the worst part of her character development.

Felt. I find the lack of "I'll splatter your... GUTS" in the second half disturbing. I had the same problem with Touka in Tokyo Ghoul, but unlike Buso that entire show bored me xP
Jan 27, 2018 9:00 PM

Nov 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed the show besides a few bumpy roads. The last two episodes definitely did get at me although I figured that he wasn't actually a goner. I was also glad that the romance between the two MC's actually did develop nicely.
Mar 7, 2019 12:00 AM

Jan 2013
This was a real fucking stinker.
Feb 24, 2020 1:49 AM

Mar 2012
It was corny, a stereotypical shounen as one would expect from the early 00s and had plot holes.

Yet i loved every living shit out of it :)

Sometime you don't need a well written story just an entertaining show to fill your time and have fun with it.

From what i reasearched, this series actually got prematurely cancelled later down the road and that is why it feels kind of like it skipped a few things and plot holes but they still managed to wrap things up quite nicely. It actually developed the romance side of things smoothly unlike say naruto or most other shounen titles

I especially like the main pair with Kazuki and Tokiko, they might have just become one of my fav couples ever :)

The story itself is rather interesting, the fights were done well for its time, although it can feel like it is a little outdated by todays standard but anyone who grew up watching similar shows from that time should find it easy enough to watch.

I recommend it for anyone who wants just a simple story with action and comedy and a happy ending.
Mar 28, 2020 1:03 PM

Jan 2016
It had its moments. Self-aware humor is always appreciated. Just wish they used Papillon more. His final battle was way rushed and he deserved more. They gave him the entire 2nd outro, but he was only prominent in the show's first half. Even the beyblade kid got more screentime than Papillon in the second half. He's obviously the star of the cast, so use him. :) Oh well.
hintoMar 28, 2020 1:06 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2021 12:38 AM

Dec 2015
one of these days somebody at VIZ Media is going to HAVE to translate those colorized manga pages at the end of ep 26. without the text damn thing makes no sense to me. if VIZ was smart they would have included that in the insert pamphlet with that disk or in the disk set if it was a multipack. then SOMEBODY could scan and upload it.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
May 22, 2022 2:45 AM

May 2021
Great anime, I truly consider it a hidden gem!

I started it randomly, but it exceeded my expectations in few episodes and confirmed itself as a solid anime with a perfect ending. It is certainly true it has some flaw, but nothing I found problematic at all
It's rare that a show gets so my much of my love, gotta thank everyone who participed in the production and the original source :)

I'll rember this anime with great pleasure <3
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Help: Buso Renkin filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Apr 17

2 by Jinks2504 »»
Apr 17, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Busou Renkin Episode 1 Discussion

nehnehneji - May 10, 2008

28 by Zane_0 »»
Jan 16, 2023 8:34 AM

Poll: » Busou Renkin Episode 23 Discussion

theeggman85 - Dec 18, 2008

21 by Narity_ »»
May 21, 2022 2:41 AM

Poll: » Busou Renkin Episode 5 Discussion

theeggman85 - Nov 24, 2008

16 by Narity_ »»
May 8, 2022 8:24 AM

» Busou Renkin Episode 11 Discussion

manish - Dec 26, 2006

22 by KiliianSleipnir »»
Sep 15, 2021 12:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.