Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 17, 2008 5:29 PM

Nov 2006
Sukotsutsu said:
windy said:
Sukotsutsu said:
I agree, maybe, just maybe if it was Johann instead of Nena, there would be a replacement, but before he died he mentioned he hoped he could pass it onto one of the (insert last name of family here)s. Which is what I think they'll end up doing since it adds more character and plot to the series. As for WTH Nena is going to do now, who knows, maybe she'll hookup with Saji and be Team Haters ...but for now shes going to cut her wrists XP
Oh God, that'd mean she'd eventually meet Louise. Hahahahaha.

And then Louise would be like 'no fair! :'(, you have a wrist you can cut' lolz
Hahahahahahha
Mar 17, 2008 6:34 PM

Nov 2007
sHsIkuA said:
DANGATI said:
UM GUYS LOCKON AINT DEAD I KNOW IT CAUSE ITS TOO EARLY FOR HIM TO DIE IM 100% SURE LOCKON IS STILL ALIVE

As much as I like him to stay alive, I am 80-90% sure he is gone.

First the ending credit pointed by our fellow member. and another is the way they portray his last moment (with flashback.... and also the Haro irony).

Sad day since Lockon is well loved by most of the watchers. I think the director hate happy going type of person. Look at how he pwn one of the most happy going character in FMA. Dang.

Please dont remind me the mangaka actually killed him earlier , Man Lockon was dual wielding a sword and sniper and frickin no scoping ali (too much halo for me) setsuna is pushing my limits now he has now proved that he is a button mashing noob(lol trans arm!! I'll use it flying to the battle!!!, lol I didnt know there is a time limit!!) Kyrios was insane "Ensign you ok *after ensign was shot* "
"No"

"Dont worry I'm he- *HEADSHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

I would love it if graham join celestial being with a True GN engine Flag,speaking of the union that black guy got his arse handed to him by Lockon he was missled to death.
kma23Mar 17, 2008 6:42 PM
Mar 17, 2008 11:14 PM

Sep 2007
It was nice knowing you, Lockon. :(

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
Mar 18, 2008 9:03 AM
Mar 2008
Guys, look at this idea :D

Nena takes the Lockon Gundam, she is now of Celestial Being,then, at Season 2...

Saji goes to Flag and has a battle till death against Nena :D

Man, that would be awesome :)

Anyway, good episode, the best i've seen from Gundam 00 until now
Mar 18, 2008 1:06 PM

Sep 2007
My own prediction on the showdown

Ali vs Setsuna / GARham
Allelujah / Hallelujah vs Soma / Wild Bear
Ribbons vs Tieria (S2)

Nena and Saji becomes emo but won't fight
Mar 18, 2008 4:09 PM
Jan 2008
ah damn it -_- lockon has to go bye bye X_X

next special two-episode better have something epic to make this up

Mar 18, 2008 4:32 PM

Aug 2007
what a fucking awesome episode.
I didn't want Lockon to die first out of the celetial beings.
but damn he let his emotions take over him.

but yeah... who is going to pilot the Dynames now? maybe this guy?
Mar 18, 2008 4:59 PM
Jan 2008
bakaidiot said:

I'm guessing its going to be nena...
Mar 18, 2008 6:21 PM

Sep 2007
LOCKON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 18, 2008 9:10 PM

Mar 2007
bakaidiot said:
what a fucking awesome episode.
I didn't want Lockon to die first out of the celetial beings.
but damn he let his emotions take over him.

If i recall correctly, that guy was one of the CB observers, so he may, he might not. Theres a greater chance that the pilot will be someone of Lockon's family like he wished rather then Nena at this point since she already has a Gundam and would probably suck at sniping ><

Dibs on Ishida!
Mar 18, 2008 10:48 PM
Jan 2008
does lockon hate him or something because you never saw him in the flashback in this episode
Mar 18, 2008 11:21 PM

Nov 2004
LOCKON!!!!!!!

OMG when I saw Dynames get destroyed the inside of me was going "No...no.. they won't.. they can't.. they..." then I was relieved he was still moving around. But no! Then he left Dynames and I was thinking "Oh SHIT" again... and then bam! The GN ARMS got hit. And I was like "Nooo!" but then he was still alive! And Setsuna was coming! The last hope left, Setsuna save him Kira Yamato style. But then it exploded and I'm just like "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

That final scene with Haro going "Lockon..Lockon..Lockon" with 'Friends' playing in the background, everyone just going "No... way..." and Setsuna screaming is now one of the most epic and haunting scenes ever. Props to the production team for setting that up in such a way. There were tears in my eyes because of this, which is an achievement considering I normally don't cry over deaths in shows often. This episode even bested episode 22 in epic-ness. It was amazing, the animation, the music, how everything was set out.

But I was not expecting to watch the death of a main character, and the one I like. That came as a huge shock to me when I was watching this episode and I realised that Lockon was going towards his death. I thought he wouldn't die after having been near death already.

I'm guessing the twin (Lyle was it?) might take over the piloting. Since not everything about the Dylandy family has cleared up yet. Lockon's story isn't complete yet. I guess season 2 will shed some light.
Mar 19, 2008 3:20 AM

Oct 2007
qrdel said:
OMFG.... Lockon... :(:(:(:(:( Shit... those bastards killed the character and revived it just to kill it again in more heart-breaking and jaw dropping style.... Lockon 4ever!

He will be missed ;(
Mar 19, 2008 4:54 AM
May 2007
Noooo! Lockon shouldn't die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 19, 2008 4:04 PM

Oct 2007
Marraques said:
MarkShark said:

Anyone else think that Neena's going to become their new sniper?

I fucking hope not. She is useless as a pilot.

That would suuuck. Nena's extremely annoying -.-
I'm still waiting to see what part Saji will play in all this~
(Obviously can't be a pilot in his current state.)
Mar 19, 2008 4:21 PM

Oct 2007
Lockoff will take over.
Mar 20, 2008 10:08 AM

Dec 2007
Awww come on! How do you kill the show's coolest character??? I mean, the whole thing was done in an absolutely excellent manner, but at the same time I wonder if they were thinking. Celestial Being is a mass of angst and mental problems, and I SWEAR Lockon was the ONLY one (including Sumeragi, who's just one screw-up away from losing it...uhm. Wow. So. Zero screw ups away.) who seemed balanced at all. Without him well...they're liable to all go do a bunch of really stupid shit. :P

Other comments:

- Ali-Al Sarshes BETTER be dead. If they pulled a DBZ and let Lockon do a heroic sacrifice to take out the enemy, only for him to come back again Buu-style so the "main character" can take him down, I will be highly displeased.

- If they replace Lockon with Nena, she will become another Suzaku in my eyes.

- Trans-Am mode turned out to be a lot weaker than I thought. Three times the ability, but afterwards the suit is near worthless. And the "afterwards" appears to be only after 60 seconds or so. As things are it seems like the odds still aren't even, they're just slightly less against the pilots. Meh.

- Only two episodes left. Hope they make them count. Also hope they either give us a decent ending to last till October. A cliffhanger like CG S1's would be very unimpressive.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Mar 20, 2008 12:42 PM

Jan 2008
There goes the LockonxFeldt pairing I was hoping for. T_T Why'd you have to die, Lockon?

This was an excellent episode. The part with Haro repeating Lockon's name as it dawned on the others that he was dead was so sad.
Mar 20, 2008 5:07 PM

Mar 2008
What a great episode..

I feel bad for Lockon.. Let hope Ali is dead.. Lets all hope for a great endeing for this season ^^
Mar 20, 2008 5:21 PM

Aug 2007
After surviving against all odds in episode 22 I expected that Lockon would gain some sort of "state of grace" period that would make him more or less immune to dying until the end of the first season...turns out I was wrong.

I hope that they don't replace him with Nena, though.
Mar 21, 2008 6:46 PM

Nov 2007
Damnit! Sarshes needs to die now!
Mar 23, 2008 2:33 PM

Oct 2006
I love/hate the way anime just gets me bawling these days...>.> I didn't used to cry at all these character deaths! In the last couple of years it seems like they've gotten so much more heartbreaking... Lockon wasn't even high on my list of favorites for this series and it had me in tears.

I can't even imagine what the aftermath of something like this will be like...

Mar 23, 2008 7:31 PM

Sep 2007
windy said:
I'm crying so hard....agggghhhhh...if I hadn't gotten spoiled beforehand I'd be even more of a wreck than I am now...
And that flashback with his family...oh my God.

I feel for the ones he left behind :<

And how WANG put "see you space cowboy" at the end?
BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Crystal said:
OMG when I saw Dynames get destroyed the inside of me was going "No...no.. they won't.. they can't.. they..." then I was relieved he was still moving around. But no! Then he left Dynames and I was thinking "Oh SHIT" again... and then bam! The GN ARMS got hit. And I was like "Nooo!" but then he was still alive! And Setsuna was coming! The last hope left, Setsuna save him Kira Yamato style. But then it exploded and I'm just like "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Crystal said exactly how I was thinking while I was watching it. Holy...and right after Lockon just became my favorite character! ;__;

Never has the ending been so fitting for this show =(
IriyaMar 23, 2008 7:38 PM
Mar 23, 2008 9:14 PM

Jan 2008
kma23 said:
setsuna is pushing my limits now he has now proved that he is a button mashing noob(lol trans arm!! I'll use it flying to the battle!!!, lol I didnt know there is a time limit!!)

And here I thought I was the only one who noticed that. SETSUNA NO BAKA! But then again, if he hadn't made it speedily to the battlefield, he wouldn't have seen Lockon die, and then some of us would not have bawled quite as much.
Mar 24, 2008 10:23 AM

Dec 2007
Lockon is dead for real i think, shit
He was my fav char of Gundam 00 and I though he would end up with Felt.....
Why the hell does my fav characters keep dying...this is so frustrating
Reminds me of Kamina from TTGL...(and he even says "Abayo, aybou" almost like Kamina "Abayou ,Datiko")
Definetly going to my fav char list.

1min of silence for Lockon's death....
Mar 30, 2008 3:00 PM

Feb 2008
T.T Nooooooooooo! That was so mean, why did they have to kill him? He was my favorite as well, and what is the point of watching second season now?
Apr 4, 2008 5:17 PM

Jul 2007
I wasn't going to watch these episodes until Menclaves's releases were out but since Shinsen released their higher def. versions I decided to just go ahead and watch.

Anyways this was a extremely dramatic episode and I guess Crystal's comment pretty much summed up my reaction as well lol, the ending was quite a tear jerker,.....Lockon..xP

Well can't wait to see how this season ends!
TrieApr 5, 2008 8:14 AM
Apr 6, 2008 9:55 PM

Jan 2007
Lockon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T_T
Apr 7, 2008 1:24 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Lock... on... T_T

Great episode nonetheless.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 7, 2008 5:54 PM
Oct 2007
Great episode, their budget for this episode alone made the whole series worth it for me.
Apr 8, 2008 1:20 PM

Oct 2007
Poor Lockon...

Amazing episode.

Apr 8, 2008 6:11 PM
Feb 2008
Damn that was emotional, Lockon was my favorite character too. Awesome episode all the same.

Apr 8, 2008 7:52 PM
Jan 2007
nuuu ;_; I cried so hard when he died, especially when everyone thought he was okay, and were all like "no way D:" when they heard Haro. I thought he was gonna die so many times in this ep, but he survived every time only to get killed at the end.

morbidly_sexy said:
kma23 said:
setsuna is pushing my limits now he has now proved that he is a button mashing noob(lol trans arm!! I'll use it flying to the battle!!!, lol I didnt know there is a time limit!!)

And here I thought I was the only one who noticed that. SETSUNA NO BAKA! But then again, if he hadn't made it speedily to the battlefield, he wouldn't have seen Lockon die, and then some of us would not have bawled quite as much.

I was wtfing the whole time, and I wasn't expecting Lockon to get Ali (if he survives...D:<), so I was thinking Setsuna was totally gonna get pwned without the Trans-Am. Then when he got there I was like "SAVE LOCKON ALREADY D:"
Apr 9, 2008 12:13 AM

Aug 2007
T__________T

Good episode, Lock-On was definitely my favorite gundam pilot.
May 13, 2008 7:19 PM

Apr 2008
Man ...Lockon.

That scene with Haro almost made me cry, "Lockon...Lockon....Lockon Lockon."

I think this is a great show though. These sacrifices, even of a hero (and Saji's sis, the brave child), makes it very moving. I love it.
Jun 10, 2008 2:26 AM

May 2008
very sad episode.

mabey saji will replace lockon in the future? just a thought.
Jun 22, 2008 2:44 AM

Jun 2008
I honestly never thought that I'll cry watching Gundam..... but this episode just absolutely did me in! My eyes were running taps, if i had not read Lockon's profile here in MAL, I'll probably be a waterfall! When Setsuna arrived, I seriously harbored some small hope that he might actually save Lockon in time but when the explosion happened..... *sigh* The worst parts for me was when he was just floating away, having that monologue and then he reached out and tried to touch the earth... He's just so alone.... and then when Felt wrote the letter and placed it in Dynames and asked Haro to find him..... man it was T_T Brilliant writing for the episode and for the entire series!
Jun 22, 2008 2:50 AM

Jun 2008
Crystal said:

I'm guessing the twin (Lyle was it?) might take over the piloting. Since not everything about the Dylandy family has cleared up yet. Lockon's story isn't complete yet. I guess season 2 will shed some light.

I seriously hope they do.... I am guess his twin might be the one as well but I remember that in the story he was just and observer... But nonetheless can't wait for the 2nd sea!
Jul 15, 2008 3:35 PM

Aug 2007
shakeyourpup45 said:
Man ...Lockon.

That scene with Haro almost made me cry, "Lockon...Lockon....Lockon Lockon."

I think this is a great show though. These sacrifices, even of a hero (and Saji's sis, the brave child), makes it very moving. I love it.

Yeah, the sacrifices feel so real and so sad... :(
Poor Lockon, my whole throat and nose were clogged from crying. Like others I think Lyle might replace Lockon in the second season...but I hope Saji isn't the one to replace Lockon.
Lockon's farewell scene was the most touching ever... I loved the part when he reached out to touch Haro just before leaving Dynames' cockpit...
Jul 23, 2008 9:56 AM

Jun 2008
I kinda knew Lockon would die, because it's like a trend in mecha series, that the older-brother/mentor, easygoing, most awesome character always ends up dying (happened in GS, Eva, Fafner etc... ) DX and it sucks 'cause those are usually my fave characters ;__; ... so I was hoping it wouldn't happen to Lockon, but I guess the trend lives DX... yet for some reason, I think after this episode, I started appreciating him more, 'cause I suddenly got this urge to draw him XD ...

And it's a pretty good death scene.. too bad I too think that stupid Ali dude survived DX .... I loved how he said "farewell, partner" to Haro before he left ;____; (LockonxHaro ftw!! XD)

lecor said:
damn!! i thought setsuna was goign to pull off a kira yamato move and save lockon.. omg..

Haha, is that a reference to Kira in the final episode, where he made it in time to block that shot at Fllay? But he failed in the end still.. DX

Skarith said:
Aww and he was my favorite pilot too. I certainly hope he stays dead though, they can't keep bringing back all the pilots they kill off in the gundam shows damn it, and especially when it's so close to the end I'd be really disappointed if he came back.

Yes, me too.... I hated what they did to Mwu in GSD (*grrr stupid GSD*), so I hope they better not do it for Lockon too... even though Lockon and Mwu are my fave characters, and part of me wishes to see more of them (ie not dead), but bringing them back (esp in the stupid way that they did in GSD) ruins the character and the gravity of their sacrifice you know...

I think it's confirmed that his brother (or clone?) is the new "Lockon" in the second season ('cause Lockon is a code name). I'm not sure if I'd like him though, I mean, even though he looks like Lockon (Neil), he's not him, and probably won't have same personality (and voice? dunno about voice, I love Lockon's voice).... it'll be awesome to see the other's reactions though, esp Tieria's XD.

I also hope this Lyle person is explained... I dunno if he's Lockon's brother or clone. 'cause in Lockon's flashback of his family, Lyle wasn't there.. or maybe he just doesn't like him enough to remember him in his final scene? XD
MapleRoseJul 23, 2008 10:01 AM
Jul 25, 2008 2:06 AM

Aug 2007
maple-rose said:
I also hope this Lyle person is explained... I dunno if he's Lockon's brother or clone. 'cause in Lockon's flashback of his family, Lyle wasn't there.. or maybe he just doesn't like him enough to remember him in his final scene? XD

I remember this part during the earlier eps of the series when Lockon went to visit some graves and he sort of knew Lyle had visited as well. They were even dressed the same way, lol! Twins/clones whatever they are don't have to have the same hairstyles too, especially if they aren't even together most of the time.

Anyway, miss Lockon! Yeah I agree, his voice is great, relaxing, somehow.
Aug 2, 2008 3:52 PM

Apr 2008
Speechless . . . and crying :( Haro crying, "Lockon! Lockon!" just killed me.
Aug 16, 2008 9:28 AM

Jun 2008
Very powerful episode. Haro crying out "Lockon!" all the way back to Ptolemony emphasizes the moond, showing that even haro a robot knows what's happened.
Aug 28, 2008 5:52 AM

Apr 2008
nnnnnooooo lockon...why did they have to kill him.........

My english sucks....i know....
Sep 16, 2008 9:31 AM

Jun 2007
Why do my favourite characters always die! Either that, or something really bad happens to them. Lockon was the best, seriously, I wouldn't have cared if any of the others went down. At least he got his revenge (or at least it looks that way).
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Sep 25, 2008 8:36 PM

Nov 2007
noooo Lockon :(ahhhhh very sad. he was definitely my favorite. damn that Ali Al Saachez, how can they even let someone like that fight with the UN. he's the guy everyone has a reason to hate.
Oct 5, 2008 11:22 PM

Aug 2007
Manly tears were shed.

Best episode yet. No more eye patchness. T_T

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 7, 2008 2:37 AM

Feb 2008
Holy fuck, that was intense and emotional. This has to be one of the best anime episodes I've ever seen.
Nov 15, 2008 12:04 AM

Jun 2008
I was so sad that Lockon had to die I mean why?! He was so awesome why did he have to die?
Jan 26, 2009 12:15 AM

Jul 2008
Lockon, why? T____T

Setsuna had some Lelouch worthy expressions there at the end.

BEGINNER
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 3 Discussion

DeathfireD - Oct 22, 2007

46 by DeepBlue42 »»
Jun 9, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Requal - Mar 28, 2008

187 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KrylonBlue - Mar 7, 2008

108 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KrylonBlue - Feb 23, 2008

73 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kurotsuki - Feb 16, 2008

82 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.