Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 1, 2010 12:41 PM

May 2009
Yasopp looked pretty badass :)

i want to see Usopp just like him ^_^
Apr 1, 2010 1:32 PM

May 2007
So what's going to happen now? x___x

Apr 1, 2010 2:27 PM

Jul 2009
I found this picture of the Red Haired Pirates with Nami that Oda drew for one of his art books that was released way back in 2001!

I can only recognize 7 from the art work that were in the latest manga chapter. It's interesting to see how the characters in the main crew developed since Oda first introduced them.

Apr 1, 2010 2:41 PM

May 2009
awesome crew))))
damn wanna see their powers
Apr 1, 2010 2:49 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
So it finally ends. No OP next week, but it's a start of a new arc.

Apr 1, 2010 3:01 PM

May 2009
Meh, was hoping Shanks would help the pirates win this war, instead the whole thing ends without a clear outcome...this manga will take forever.
Apr 1, 2010 3:57 PM

Oct 2007
-Jinsei- said:

Since when did the Evil Monkey from Family Guy join the Red Hair crew?
Apr 1, 2010 5:43 PM

Jul 2008
HAHAHA Just like Shanks its good 2 see im again but Blackbeard gotta die he has to go i hate him bitch ass punk ass lame ass fool.

5/5
Apr 1, 2010 5:44 PM

Jul 2008
Buggy is officially cool in my book.lol he gonna become a emperor.lol
Apr 2, 2010 1:01 AM
May 2009
Hawaiian420 said:
I wonder if Luffy will get a bump in his bounty, and buggy.

Yeah, same here!
Apr 2, 2010 1:22 AM

Apr 2009
And new age begins.
Apr 2, 2010 5:03 AM

Mar 2009
zanpakutoflames said:
Luffy now has a stalker lol...

Two Stalkers...remember that smoker hasn't stopped stalking him (for entirely different reasons obvously) either., lol
Apr 2, 2010 7:27 AM

Aug 2007
damn. shanks crew really looks different.
Apr 2, 2010 8:57 AM

Feb 2008
I still wonder what Shanks mumbled when he faced Blackbeard that made BB speechless and just backout... *zuki* ?

Shanks just cool
Apr 2, 2010 9:56 AM

Apr 2009
babykeiji said:
I still wonder what Shanks mumbled when he faced Blackbeard that made BB speechless and just backout... *zuki* ?

Shanks just cool

I was under the impression that "zuki" was an onomatopoeia of his scar aching.
Apr 2, 2010 11:27 AM

Oct 2007
Loved how Mihawk just buggered of when he saw Shanks ^_^

I reckon Luffy is going to get his crew back together starting from next week. Can't wait to see them all back to be honest! I already imagine Nami's reaction when she hears of what Luffy has done... XD

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Apr 2, 2010 12:35 PM

May 2009
Smasher said:

I reckon Luffy is going to get his crew back together starting from next week.

after a week :(
Apr 2, 2010 2:07 PM

Jun 2007
babykeiji said:

Shanks just cool

I think it was supposed to be a throbbing sound. Like when he talked with Whitebeard and mentioned the scar Blackbeard gave him was hurting.
Apr 2, 2010 2:25 PM

Jul 2009
They were all scared of Shanks O_o
Apr 3, 2010 6:50 AM
May 2009
Haha I hope Boa joins his crew too and there's a big possibility for that, she could leave her duty as a leader of kuja to obaasan. And that would be one of amazing assets of strawhat pirates to have the Royal Empress as well as former Shichibukai in their crew.. I hope Oda's planning for that...

I don't agree about time skip of more than 6 months, because as I remember, Shiki's plan about the world is about to unleash at around this time. It was planned 20 years before I believe.

I think Mihawk is Shanks' friend, because when he's about to slash luffy, he suddenly apologized to Shanks.
Apr 3, 2010 8:57 AM

Oct 2007
cyrelleboa7 said:
Haha I hope Boa joins his crew too and there's a big possibility for that, she could leave her duty as a leader of kuja to obaasan. And that would be one of amazing assets of strawhat pirates to have the Royal Empress as well as former Shichibukai in their crew.. I hope Oda's planning for that...

I highly doubt it, the reason she's a Shichibukai is to protect the island. Joining Luffy's crew would make the island a big target for pirates and marines alike.

Apr 3, 2010 9:00 AM

May 2009
but the other leader of Kuja also leaved teh island because of Love =\

so Boa will..hope
Apr 3, 2010 9:34 AM
May 2009
Smasher said:
cyrelleboa7 said:

I highly doubt it, the reason she's a Shichibukai is to protect the island. Joining Luffy's crew would make the island a big target for pirates and marines alike.

haha we'll never know.. She herself detests the government.. and didn't she told Smoker that she doesn't care about what will happen to her position...
Apr 3, 2010 12:29 PM

Mar 2008
I'm kind of happy that the war is over... finally I can read OP again without holding my breath. XD;
Hopefully Luffy's crew will return soon. ;__;
Apr 3, 2010 9:20 PM

Nov 2007
Buggy just keeps getting more epic each chapter. I don't want him to leave the main story yet ; _ ;

I'm semi-hoping for a time skip. It'd be nice to get to know Law and his crew a bit more and see Luffy get the crew back together. But, on the other hand, I can't imagine a chapter about the rest of the crew finding out about Ace's death, and seeing Luffy grieve. I can't imagine Luffy just going back to being 'Luffy' either. I think he definitely needs to mature after this, or at least become more serious, but I can't see how Oda would do that without time-skipping.

It's hard to think that the rest of the crew hadn't advanced somehow either, I can't imagine all of them staying in their current situations for the week(?) it's been. And with the war being broadcast, maybe some of them actually saw?

It'd be really nice if Law took Luffy back to Sabaody and the rest of the crew had already made it back there and were waiting for him. That'd be a nice two-page spread *___*

I'm more for Perona joining the crew than Boa. Although I can't picture either of them actually doing so.
Apr 4, 2010 2:03 AM

Jul 2006
KawaiiObsessive said:

I'm more for Perona joining the crew than Boa. Although I can't picture either of them actually doing so.
If only it was possible :(

Both her and Boa seem like they would mix well with the other personalities. Like, seeing Boa get all mad over Nami and Robin giving Luffy attention, or Perona bothering Chopper.

Tho, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Perona again. Someone has to help Zoro get to Shaobody Archipelago since his sense of direction is terrible. Honestly, Zoro couldn't find himself out of a paper bag, so it's not like a vivre card will do him any good.

Apr 4, 2010 7:21 AM

Jun 2008
How did someone strong as Shanks lost his arm so easily to a sea monster O_o
Apr 4, 2010 11:04 AM

May 2009
^he wasnt armed? plus he should hurry to save luffy... plus its more realistic this way
Apr 4, 2010 6:03 PM
May 2009
hmm maybe Shanks isn't that strong at that time.. and notice that he can swim.. I guess he doesn't wield a Devil Fruit around that time.. Maybe he is now a devil fruit user a logia type as well =)
Apr 5, 2010 1:43 AM

Oct 2007
cyrelleboa7 said:
hmm maybe Shanks isn't that strong at that time.. and notice that he can swim.. I guess he doesn't wield a Devil Fruit around that time.. Maybe he is now a devil fruit user a logia type as well =)

I doubt he's a DF user tbh. Just look at Rayleigh, he was considered one of the most powerful pirates of his age and he doesn't have a DF either. And I doubt Gol D. Roger had a DF to be honest. Just speculating though. I think people like Shanks who are just plain powerful with huge spirit don't need to rely on the power given by a DF. The only reason Luffy has a DF is because he ate it by accident, not knowing what it did. Shanks reaction at that time perfectly showed his opinion on using DF. I'm pretty sure that Luffy would have been really powerful anyway even without a DF.

Apr 5, 2010 11:04 PM
Mar 2010
This chapter pretty much confirmed that there will be Blackbeard Pirates vs Red Hair Pirates in the future.

Oh man isn't that an amazing thing to look forward to.

PS: The Government don't stand a chance against Red Hair Pirates OR Blackbeard Pirates.
Apr 6, 2010 12:30 AM
May 2009
Smasher said:
cyrelleboa7 said:

I doubt he's a DF user tbh. Just look at Rayleigh, he was considered one of the most powerful pirates of his age and he doesn't have a DF either. And I doubt Gol D. Roger had a DF to be honest. Just speculating though. I think people like Shanks who are just plain powerful with huge spirit don't need to rely on the power given by a DF. The only reason Luffy has a DF is because he ate it by accident, not knowing what it did. Shanks reaction at that time perfectly showed his opinion on using DF. I'm pretty sure that Luffy would have been really powerful anyway even without a DF.

Haha who knows, you're not the author anyway.. There should be a twist around it that viewers might bite into it.. But really, I don't care about that, as long as Boa or Perona joins the crew, it'll be the best 4 me =) need more girls in the crew..
Apr 6, 2010 12:38 AM
Mar 2010
I was thinking earlier - would make sense if Hawk Eyes joins his friend(Shanks) crew since the Shichibukai is collapsing.

Boa went against the Marines and could be out
Doflamingo couldn't care less and seems to be up to something himself
Teach has left
Jinbei has left
Croc has left
Moria is nothing special
Kuma isn't even human anymore
Apr 6, 2010 12:50 AM
May 2009
oh right, shichibukai's almost down to nothing haha.. I didn't realize it since I concentrated to much on what's gonna happen next..
Apr 6, 2010 5:13 AM

Oct 2007
cyrelleboa7 said:
Haha who knows, you're not the author anyway..

As I said, I'm just speculating. I never claimed to be the author ^_^ Just as you are speculating claiming he could be a DF: Logia type.

EDIT: Forgot to add that there's plenty of non DF using powerful people in Luffy's own crew. Thinking somewhere in the line of Zoro or Sanji. And seeing as Shanks is a swordsman as well...

Apr 6, 2010 6:23 AM

Mar 2009
Both Zoro(120mil) and Killer(162mil) have bounties above 100mil. you don't need devil fruit to be strong.
Apr 6, 2010 10:48 AM

Mar 2009
I hope the next arc will be the gathering of luffys crew again.

Or lots of backstories of what is happening to the other crew mates while he is there.

I mean, Luffy has been facing an experience which made him more powerful than ever, hes stamina is like naruto, higher. :P

If BON-gay joins the team, he first need to get female hormones. :| I just cant stand his gay behavior, even if he is funny, im getting tired of it. Its ok to have him as a side character, but not as a main character seen all the time.
Apr 6, 2010 8:51 PM

Feb 2010
I want the crew to get back together, and just stare in awe about what Luffy was done.
Apr 6, 2010 11:40 PM

Jul 2006
Smasher said:
And I doubt Gol D. Roger had a DF to be honest. Just speculating though.

Even though you are just speculating, I think there is more proof for Roger having a DF. The thing is, not all DF abilities are related to becoming stronger.
*inserts link*
Roger was able to somehow understand the poneglyphs even though he didn't have the intellect to, etc.

And that's all I gotta say.

Apr 7, 2010 6:01 PM
May 2009
Traveller said:
Both Zoro(120mil) and Killer(162mil) have bounties above 100mil. you don't need devil fruit to be strong.

I'd agree if he is stronger than Mihawk (strongest swordsman ever known) and has Luffy/Hancock's (King's Disposition) Haki, then he wouldn't need a DF to be strong... I dunno? maybe he could beat Blackbeard with just Haki and Swordsmanship, although the people who witnessed Luffy's haki said that it's much stronger than those people got.

I just don't like limiting the character's abilities just like that haha there should be a secret technique which will make him unique from other characters..
Apr 8, 2010 12:40 AM

Apr 2009
cyrelleboa7 said:

I just don't like limiting the character's abilities just like that haha there should be a secret technique which will make him unique from other characters..

fail, thats what makes them special and different and awesome...

its like Zaraki from bleach.. he doesnt have a bankai..like any other has...
Apr 8, 2010 5:43 PM

May 2008
I can't w8 to read the next chapter!

4 days left, innit?
Apr 9, 2010 12:49 PM

Aug 2007
Justicles said:
Smasher said:
And I doubt Gol D. Roger had a DF to be honest. Just speculating though.

Even though you are just speculating, I think there is more proof for Roger having a DF. The thing is, not all DF abilities are related to becoming stronger.
*inserts link*
Roger was able to somehow understand the poneglyphs even though he didn't have the intellect to, etc.

And that's all I gotta say.

I thought that involved Mantra?
May 31, 2010 2:02 PM

Feb 2009
Felt short... but was a great conclusion.

Shank's crew is definitely one of the coolest and most badass crews in One Piece.
Sep 30, 2010 12:30 AM

Oct 2008
Respect for Shanks.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 26, 2015 11:32 AM

Feb 2015
The Mihawk and Shanks Bromance.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2017 1:44 AM

Feb 2013
I wanted to see Shanks fight.
Dec 26, 2017 7:24 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Shanks seems powerfull, because he stoped teh war and no-one discuss his words!!! :/
Dec 26, 2017 7:24 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Shanks seems powerful because he stopped the war and no-one discuss his words!!! :/
Aug 15, 2020 8:50 AM

Jun 2017
And thus! the worthless war is over! They weren't even able to save Ace and what's more, there were a lot of casualties!

I guess that's the risk you will have to take in war. Either be defeated, or be the victor.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 68 Discussion

ToxxicTeardrop - Aug 22, 2010

24 by Zowabo »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

74 by thiagolixo »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 879 Discussion

G_Spark233 - Sep 22, 2017

47 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1117 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jun 11

60 by Gashadokur0 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 46 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Feb 5, 2010

20 by Zowabo »»
Yesterday, 11:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.