Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Yesterday, 2:09 PM

Apr 2020
I'm not even the biggest OP fan but it was pretty good.
8/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Yesterday, 2:14 PM
Feb 2024
and here im symphatizyng for a marine soldier
Yesterday, 2:54 PM
Jun 2019
i love Ishitani, Megumi, and everyone that worked on this.
Yesterday, 4:13 PM
Jun 2024
P E A K

JUST PEAK...
Yesterday, 4:14 PM

Jan 2021
Funniest shit ever Zoro and Sanji’s reaction to those guys talking in the bar was too funny Beautiful episode with smooth animation really liked the navy brothers perspective during marineford and backstory who would’ve thought that girl saved the Straw Hats absolute cinema.

Yesterday, 4:25 PM
Dec 2020
AGENDA PIECEEEEE
AGENDA PIECEEEEEE IS FUCKING CANON NOWWWWW

Yesterday, 4:28 PM

Apr 2019
Ab. So. Lute. CINEMA

"๐™‡๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ... ๐™ž๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ... ๐™Ÿ๐™ค๐™ฎ... ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ... ๐™„ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™˜๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™จ๐™ž๐™™๐™š. ๐™‹๐™ž๐™˜๐™  ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช. ๐˜ผ๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง... ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ซ๐™–๐™ก๐™ช๐™š."
Yesterday, 4:38 PM
Apr 2024
this actually restored all my hype for one piece this was beautiful it changde my life
Yesterday, 4:44 PM

Jun 2024
This is actually beautiful. Thank you for this masterpiece Ishitani <3
Yesterday, 4:46 PM
Jun 2023
cant even describe how perfect this was
Yesterday, 4:52 PM
Mar 2021
It honestly feels like a letter to us fans. U can clearly see it was made with a lot of love and dedication to the series as a whole. The animation was beautiful, the soundtracks were amazing, the story was short but warming at the same time. Made me cry a little bit at the end even. Solid 9.75/10
Yesterday, 4:53 PM
Mar 2021
Reply to nanicatto
its so goooooddd the ending is so special i cried
@nanicatto sameeee
Yesterday, 4:55 PM

Jun 2011
A lot of people are not aware of the existence of Megumi Ishitani, with this special being ranked this high, I hope it gives her the exposure that she very well deserves. She's my favorite anime director and in my opinion is the best one we have in modern day.

This is yet another masterpiece by Megumi Ishitani. The first third was a little slow, setting up for the remaining of the episode that is executed to perfection. I like how the main character of this special is so inspired by Nami, she has the same attire as early Nami. It's a bit unfortunate that she never got to deliver her letter to Nami, but I like even that part because what's being highlighted here isn't Nami getting her letter, but rather it is the MC's pursuit of her dream. I did cry when Luffy said to set sail and she had to watch them leave right before her eyes even though she was that close to reaching them. I cried again when the ED transitioned from Luffy saying set sail to our MC pumping her fist as if she's one of the strawhats softly shouting "Yeah!!", as she took her first step out to adventure. This makes me realize how many people are rooting for the strawhats to reach their goal, in universe and out universe (us fans). When Luffy reaches the One Piece, that moment is going to be so monumental.

I love the story of the marine siblings. Ace and Luffy are 2 of my favorite characters in One Piece and is probably my favorite brothers in anime, I am glad that they managed to change the marine brothers' lives and made the older brother better understand his little brother. I get emotional every time there are brothers involved in anime. I love the micro level story telling in this special, and show us the average lives of average people in One Piece. From their POV, the One Piece world is very chaotic, just like this special demonstrated. This is something that we do not get to see or experience from the POV of the main story and the strawhats, because of how monstrously strong they are compared to the normal people.

The Luffy one shot of the Pacifista is one of the moments I look forward to the most when it comes to the Fishman Island remake starting next week, I doubt it would look that much different from the original anime, but in this special, that moment look incredible good. This is my expectation for the Wit Studio remake if they ever get to this point. It gets me even more excited for The One Piece.

Once again, amazingly well directed special from the one and only, Ishitani Megumi. A story like this makes me realize how much I crave a slice of life One Piece side stories. I wish that cup noodle ads of One Piece: High School gets its own full TV series one day.
ToG25thBaamYesterday, 6:15 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Yesterday, 5:20 PM
Apr 2013
PEAK (when you're a fan)
Yesterday, 5:25 PM

Aug 2017
aww (๏ฝก♥โ€ฟ♥๏ฝก) I didn't expect it to be so good! It was equally hilarious, fascinating and touching! I'm still typing with tears in my eyes :) That was a really exciting pov, to recollect the familiar events through the eyes of ordinary civilians & low-ranked soldiers. I've never even thought how awesome all our beloved pirates must be for common ppl, about their possible fans :) They are true celebrities, lol :) That was really amazing to look at the same world but from a totally different perspective! <3
Yesterday, 6:14 PM

Jun 2015
This entire thread needs to be cleansed.
Yesterday, 7:10 PM
Jan 2021
every second was Brilliant
Yesterday, 8:17 PM
Dec 2016
It was actually really good, seeing the perspective of the marines during marine ford was something else
Yesterday, 9:49 PM
Oct 2022
Absolutely masterpiece
Yesterday, 10:09 PM

Sep 2016
kek, the dummy haters even started to downvote in the episode discussion xD
Yesterday, 10:17 PM
Feb 2019
Fue simplemente maravilloso, la animación y sobre todo la historia puede llegar a tocar tu ser y hacerte sentir que eres uno más del mundo de One Piece ๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽ†
Yesterday, 10:23 PM

Nov 2021
22.2% 1 star on the poll. Insane levels of jobless activities
Yesterday, 10:35 PM
Feb 2018
It was great to see normal citizens
Yesterday, 10:52 PM
Sep 2023
This was a masterpiece
Yesterday, 11:10 PM
Sep 2022
Absolute peak cinema
Yesterday, 11:21 PM

Oct 2013
Damn, I didn't want to believe people who are salty about One Piece, but woah... It appears that female characters being Nami clones applies also to children. This girl looked somewhat like a Nami clone...

Anyway, about the episode itself, the animation and art style felt fresh at first, but quickly became pretty underwhelming, mosly because of chaotic direction intertwining almost still frames. I didn't expect a sakugafest, but in the past I literally saw fanmade episodes of various series having better animation. Welp, One Piece is not my cup of tea. This episode was fun and wholesome at times, but it felt dull for me. I see that One Piece fans, even not devoted ones, loved it. I'm glad they did, but as for me, I was not impressed. ;p

That being said, I agree that Chopper-kun is adorable.
โœจSaint Seiya Club๐ŸŒ 
Yesterday, 11:38 PM
Jul 2024
If you're a One Piece fan, you already know why this is a masterpiece. However, for those who aren't fans, One Piece Fan Letter shines a light on the silent voices you would normally never hear in the show - store owners, low-ranking marines, young children and more. This special begs to ask the audience what connects these people from different walks of life together. Similarly to us the audience, it's the love and appreciation for the different members of the straw hat crew and how they have impacted these people's lives. Accompanied by arguably the cleanest animation at a movie-like quality, and the greatest director the show has ever seen, Megumi Ishitani, the special is a beautiful celebration for every fan of One Piece to enjoy front to back. 10/10
Yesterday, 11:42 PM

Nov 2018
Damn those mass downvotes. Haters working overtime to downvote an episose rating and anime rating both.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Yesterday, 11:49 PM
Sep 2020
Not a stretch to say it is one of the best episodes of One Piece. Incredible direction, atmosphere, and character building for just one episode.

Honestly just makes me want more of it.
Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to thebrentinator24
From the Marineford reanimation, to the various perspectives of all the different characters we saw in this special, this was such a treat for us as One Piece fans. The strongest swordsman debate and all of the bar patrons laughing at Sanji is literally One Piece Twitter in a nutshell ๐Ÿ˜ญ they didn't have to do Sanji dirty like that. I think what stood out to me the most was seeing the Paramount War from the POV of a regular Marine. Like, that warzone featured some of the series' strongest characters, so that part really drove home the point of how Marine fodder were just completely hopeless out there.

Overall this was a fun watch, Megumi Ishitani really cooked with her direction and the animation style was a great creative choice. It really added to the "childlike adventure" vibes that I got from this special. Toei truly has stepped up their game with One Piece as of late, and this was no exception.
@thebrentinator24 Review bombers working overtime to not have One Piece at #1 LOL
Today, 12:00 AM
Nov 2020
DavidCosmico said:
Oh god, it may sound silly, but I almost shed a tear to this, its so pretty and well put together man.

It made me remember why I enjoyed early One Piece in the first place, the comedy, the heartfelt moments, everything; I overly enjoyed this little special, it makes me kinda sad it's not a just an spin-off with different people across the whole world.

Not to mention the animation and colors! Everything looks so pretty, just like the first episode of Egghead and the opening. This is probably going to my top 3 of One Piece stuff ever, can't express enough how great this is

Agreed, I couldn't stop watching it I was so invested one of the best special episode.
Today, 12:00 AM
Nov 2020
DavidCosmico said:
Oh god, it may sound silly, but I almost shed a tear to this, its so pretty and well put together man.

It made me remember why I enjoyed early One Piece in the first place, the comedy, the heartfelt moments, everything; I overly enjoyed this little special, it makes me kinda sad it's not a just an spin-off with different people across the whole world.

Not to mention the animation and colors! Everything looks so pretty, just like the first episode of Egghead and the opening. This is probably going to my top 3 of One Piece stuff ever, can't express enough how great this is

Agreed, I couldn't stop watching it I was so invested one of the best special episode.
Today, 12:01 AM

Jun 2011
Reply to GotchaW12
If you're a One Piece fan, you already know why this is a masterpiece. However, for those who aren't fans, One Piece Fan Letter shines a light on the silent voices you would normally never hear in the show - store owners, low-ranking marines, young children and more. This special begs to ask the audience what connects these people from different walks of life together. Similarly to us the audience, it's the love and appreciation for the different members of the straw hat crew and how they have impacted these people's lives. Accompanied by arguably the cleanest animation at a movie-like quality, and the greatest director the show has ever seen, Megumi Ishitani, the special is a beautiful celebration for every fan of One Piece to enjoy front to back. 10/10
@GotchaW12 I saw a comment on one of the videos on OPFL and it said that the perspective of the normal marines during Marineford in this special is what Koby felt when he awakened his observation haki and sensed that a lot of these marines are dying left and right even though they have won the war, they still seek senseless bloodshed.

As a One Piece fan, I really appreciate details like this, and this is why Koby is one of my favorite characters.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Today, 12:05 AM
Nov 2020
I couldn't stop watching it for a second, I was so invested one of the best special episode. The animation is beautiful and colourful—I love how straw hat has influenced on everyone not only in one piece world but the overall in our world too.
Today, 12:19 AM

Apr 2022
@Adnash talks about people being people salty about one piece and proceeds to display saltiness over one piece lol typical mal hypocrites. and it's almost as if she's trying to look like nami. the ''nami clone'' take is wrong and outdated now (non-one piece fans discover the concept of art style), get with the times.
Today, 12:33 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to ryzxgum
@Adnash talks about people being people salty about one piece and proceeds to display saltiness over one piece lol typical mal hypocrites. and it's almost as if she's trying to look like nami. the ''nami clone'' take is wrong and outdated now (non-one piece fans discover the concept of art style), get with the times.
@ryzxgum Where was I a hypocrite when I said that salty people who told me about "Nami clone" meme were kind of right? No need to be angry about my post or attack other animanga franchises because of it. Or seem as if all I wanted to convey in my post was to talk about obvious design similarities that are, surprise surprise, present in many other works, as you pointed out in your post (drawing a manga weekly is tough, so design similarities are inevitable; not to mention that every author have their own distinctive style, so it's obvious that you might see certain patterns and similarities in character designs of characters belonging to the same manga).

But thank you for informing me that the "Nami clone" meme is outdated, even if you did it in a salty way. I didn't know that One Piece fans can get upset when mentioning that kind of stuff. I need to tell it to some of my friends who are One Piece fans who like to fool around about that meme once in a while that it's outdated and may trigger other fans of the franchise. ;p If they are not already aware of it, that is. It's been a while since we discussed about One Piece, to be honest.
AdnashToday, 12:57 AM
โœจSaint Seiya Club๐ŸŒ 
Today, 12:34 AM
May 2024
very good episode , in fact i watched it twice and i never do that so in my opinion it deserve the rating. its chaotic but in a good sense in my opinion (its one piece after all) its make the world feel alive . i think in 24 min you can hardly do better honestly ...
Today, 12:39 AM
Oct 2024
Absolutely incredible. Essence of one piece is captured perfectly
Today, 12:45 AM
Mar 2021
what a beautiful episode
Today, 1:23 AM

Apr 2022
Reply to Adnash
@ryzxgum Where was I a hypocrite when I said that salty people who told me about "Nami clone" meme were kind of right? No need to be angry about my post or attack other animanga franchises because of it. Or seem as if all I wanted to convey in my post was to talk about obvious design similarities that are, surprise surprise, present in many other works, as you pointed out in your post (drawing a manga weekly is tough, so design similarities are inevitable; not to mention that every author have their own distinctive style, so it's obvious that you might see certain patterns and similarities in character designs of characters belonging to the same manga).

But thank you for informing me that the "Nami clone" meme is outdated, even if you did it in a salty way. I didn't know that One Piece fans can get upset when mentioning that kind of stuff. I need to tell it to some of my friends who are One Piece fans who like to fool around about that meme once in a while that it's outdated and may trigger other fans of the franchise. ;p If they are not already aware of it, that is. It's been a while since we discussed about One Piece, to be honest.
@Adnash it is hypocrisy because if you were simply talking about similarities then you wouldn't have called the females in one piece clones. do you seriously not read what you type yourself? and where did i attack other franchises? is showing evidence of this "clone" take being present in other animanga a form of attack to you?

of course you are unaware, because you don't watch one piece nor interact with the community. you only skimmed through this special because you saw it dethrone your favorites and wanted to rate it low lol, predictable and pathetic as always. anyways, i didn't read past the first paragraph at first because i deemed it braindead, but i gave it the benefit of the doubt and ended up reading it after all, even though it did prove my inital thoughts right, can show examples of these "still-frames", just to prove you aren't talking out of your ass?
12 hours ago
Apr 2022
This is the peakest ep i have seen from any anime
12 hours ago
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
It was an interesting episode mostly due to POV from civilians instead of the crew. Quite a nice change of pace.
But am I the only one who thinks that it looks a little too much cartoon-ish? That it looses it's anime animation value just because it looks too cartoon-ish.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
11 hours ago

Sep 2024
Reply to Azuchi
It was an interesting episode mostly due to POV from civilians instead of the crew. Quite a nice change of pace.
But am I the only one who thinks that it looks a little too much cartoon-ish? That it looses it's anime animation value just because it looks too cartoon-ish.
@Azuchi Too cartoonish? Tell me you're not a OP fan without telling me you're not a OP fan. Try watching the anime or reading the manga first! Then we can talk.
10 hours ago

Dec 2012
Imagine Megumi Ishitani directing the whole remake. I'll die of peakness
GosuDRM6 hours ago

10 hours ago
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Reply to Xypheron
@Azuchi Too cartoonish? Tell me you're not a OP fan without telling me you're not a OP fan. Try watching the anime or reading the manga first! Then we can talk.
@Xypheron OP fan without telling you I'm an OP fan? What does that even suppose to mean? I watch One Piece anime but I'm not a fan.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
10 hours ago
Feb 2019
Megumi Ishitani, thank you.
9 hours ago
Dec 2013
Loved it, great hommage.
9 hours ago

May 2023
megumi ishitani is really the GOAT. PEAK EPISODE, best filler canon episode i've ever seen.
9 hours ago
Jul 2019
Another Megumi Ishitani masterclass.
9 hours ago
Nov 2023
PEAK PEAAAAAAAAAAK
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Why are the big three have so loved now?

Deathlydash - Yesterday

28 by MadLane »»
28 minutes ago

» why?

swapnilabeyy - 4 hours ago

8 by Ruthless_Lord »»
39 minutes ago

» A new perspective

Vorticem51 - Yesterday

4 by mydaddy »»
5 hours ago

» The bots rumbling is here

Fynel - Yesterday

26 by KayKimii »»
8 hours ago

» Review Bombing Has Started

dymable - Yesterday

42 by KayKimii »»
8 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.