Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Aug 17, 7:07 PM
Dec 2013
Wow! I didn't know about the badges.
The challenges sound fun! I wish the Olympic Sports list had "Tsurune" (archery), but the options are still nice.
Aug 17, 7:39 PM

Feb 2019
I've been wanting to watch quite a few anime on that list... might as well grab a few during this, get a profile badge and have some extra sporting fun!

Aug 17, 11:25 PM

Apr 2022
Ayee new badges!!
Aug 19, 12:25 AM

Jun 2020
These Summer stack challenges are a nice substitute for the missing Fantasy Anime League events for the Summer season.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Aug 19, 10:20 PM
Feb 2021
Okh I ACCEPT IT This my first challenge
Aug 20, 2:49 PM
Feb 2022
I love these challenges, I watched Harukana Receive, my third sports anime and I loved it!It´s was the perfect anime for the summer season, too (: I never thought, that beachvollyball could be so intense, so sad that there is no second season for the national championship.
Aug 20, 10:20 PM

Jun 2014
Love sports anime / manga, this will be fun

Wow i nearly forgot about this challenge

I'll manage to watch

https://myanimelist.net/anime/1328/1_Pound_no_Fukuin

and read

https://myanimelist.net/manga/137/ROD__Read_or_Die
JackRipponSep 30, 5:58 AM
Aug 21, 8:06 AM
Jun 2024
Ohh yeeesssss
Aug 21, 10:05 AM
Oct 2022
LETSSS GOOO!
First badge here we go
Aug 21, 11:03 AM

Aug 2020
This was the final push to get me to watch Free! I really enjoyed it. Not enough for me to check out the second season but I liked it nonetheless. Makoto is the best character hands down.

I have a question: How do you guys keep track of who watches what? Like I clicked the restack button and watched Free!, but I feel like i'm missing something. Is that all I have to do to get the badge? Appreciate any response thanks.
"Bro, if you set your mind to it. You can jack off to anything."
☆☆☆☆☆
Aug 22, 12:16 AM

Feb 2024
Just finished Toshokan Sensou :)
Aug 22, 4:43 AM
Feb 2022
Could someone clarify whether, after finishing a new manga or anime, I should leave it on my Reading/Watching list or move it to the Completed list in order to earn the badge?
Aug 22, 1:09 PM

Apr 2022
Just spotted this! Excited!! Thank you for the challenge
Aug 22, 4:08 PM

Feb 2009
Does anyone has a good place to find some of these manga in the 'A Bookworm's Haven' stack? A few caught my interest, but I can't seem to find them. :x
Aug 23, 2:17 PM

Jun 2012
Reply to Fipen
Could someone clarify whether, after finishing a new manga or anime, I should leave it on my Reading/Watching list or move it to the Completed list in order to earn the badge?
@Fipen If you've finished watching / reading the full anime / manga then you should mark it as Completed on your list. E.g. I watched Ginban Kaleidoscope with a Start Date of 5th Aug and Finish date of 8th Aug so I've moved it from Watching to Completed.
N☆ 
Aug 23, 6:36 PM

Jul 2011
Just finished Sugata Sanshirou as part of the anime challenge

I am still reading the manga I chose for the manga portion

Edit: Just finished my manga read as well for : Akane Shoten no Kaji Tenchou
BasilZeroAug 24, 9:01 AM
Aug 24, 2:49 PM

Feb 2012
For Sports anime I just finished SK8 the Infinity (skateboarding).
It's been on my plan to watch list for a long time.
i saw it was in the list for the sports anime. Pretty good anime. I like the characters.
Looking forward to season 2 which isn't out yet.

I'm also planning on checking out Mou Ippon! (Judo) and Ginban Kaleidoscope (Ice Skating).
Gonna start with Mou Ippon next.
Aug 25, 1:45 PM
Aug 2023
I read heaven’s book store for the bookworm haven
Aug 26, 6:42 PM

May 2008
"OMG I'm late for this one?"

>Akane Shoten no Kaji Tenchou - 4 chapters

Maybe not.
Aug 28, 5:33 PM

Jan 2015
Done, and done. Love these challenges. They always get me to watch something new.
Aug 31, 1:37 AM
Nov 2020
just finished levius ;-)
Aug 31, 11:27 AM
Simp4SpookyGirls

Oct 2018
Just finished Mou Ippon! for the anime badge. Gotta say judo girls are pretty badass.

On to the manga challenge. Planning to read R.O.D.
Sep 1, 4:10 PM

May 2008
Even had the time to watch Tonbo! Too bad I cant find the manga online to read... Waiting for S2 I guess ;(
Sep 2, 4:11 PM

Jul 2008
OMG I have read the note and seeing how badges will be manually added is so shocking. I'm wishing to the people who will be doing that good luck! 🍀
Sep 3, 1:23 AM

Jun 2021
Reply to lolmomo88
Wow! I didn't know about the badges.
The challenges sound fun! I wish the Olympic Sports list had "Tsurune" (archery), but the options are still nice.
@lolmomo88

Same here, one of my favourites among sports genre.......
Sep 5, 8:58 AM

Mar 2009
Thanks for the challenge!
ミ☆ 消える。

Sep 5, 1:57 PM

Jul 2013
MODS=GOD BASED GG EZ

Thanks for badges xd.

🎃 🄼🅈 🄲🄰🄽🄳🄸🄴🅂:

💀 🄱🄾🄽🅄🅂 🄲🄰🄽🄳🅈:
Sep 6, 8:21 PM
Sep 2022
Ermmmm, well.... sooo if someone wants to translate "kuon no mori"..... mmmhh... that would be likeee, uuuhhmuuh, so coollll (PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I BEGGGGGGG 😭😭😭😭😭😭)
Sep 7, 11:19 AM
Sep 2019
hiyaaah New Badge here I am!
Sep 7, 1:25 PM
May 2024
Yay!!!! 🙏
Sep 10, 2:20 AM

May 2020
Nice New Badge cant wait to have it.

Sep 10, 7:59 AM
Aug 2024
Time to get some badges!
Sep 10, 11:32 AM

Jul 2020
When you hear the bassline, I wanna see every torch go up, I wanna see every lighter go up, I wanna see the whole noise on this beach
Sep 10, 6:11 PM
Jul 2020
Finished, I watched Yuri on Ice, and watched some films of Haikyuu
My Main Candies:
Bonus Candies:
Sep 10, 6:20 PM
Jul 2020
I read Mushikaburi Hime!
My Main Candies:
Bonus Candies:
Sep 11, 7:04 AM
Sep 2024
Sounds good :)
Sep 11, 9:29 AM
Sep 2024
Nice ! I will try it.
Sep 12, 10:39 PM
Blitzball Player

Dec 2011
Finished both challenges! Loved these so much. It was a welcome theme coming off of watching the Olympics virtually every hour of the day when they were on.

I chose Ping Pong the Animation for my anime. I remember when this came out and it has been on my radar ever since. Yup, for ten years. Worth the wait. Absolutely loved it. I did watch a fair bit of table tennis for the Olympics but this makes me want to run it back and watch some more of it! The animation... just wow.

I chose R.O.D: Read or Die for the manga. Another series I have been familiar with for a long time but never caught. It was a fun little escape!
Sep 13, 4:13 AM
Jan 2023
yeayy new badge
Sep 14, 9:17 PM

Apr 2022
Reply to ryzxgum
this motivated me to finally watch ping pong the animation. on to the manga challenge now.
@ryzxgum i caught up to the latest chapter of magus of the library. think i'm gonna read library wars too because it seems interesting and is short, even though i don't need to.
Sep 14, 9:57 PM

Feb 2023
I'm done with the challenges. Watched Megalo Box anime, and read Tengoku no Honya one-shot manga.
Sep 15, 1:27 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Picked Baby Steps and Toshokan Sensou. Personally, I’d recommend the former and not the latter.

Also…will we be having a Fall FAL?
Sep 16, 10:27 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I was near to lost this event!!!
I have a few days to complete!!
I am ready!
Sep 17, 11:35 AM

Jul 2022
Need some help with this.

I don't use interest stacks and I don't want any appearing on my profile, but I wanted to do this challenge, so I have clicked the restack button and watched an anime to get the badge, which means I now have one interest stack showing on my profile.

Now, once I get the badge, will the interest stack disappear from my profile, or will I have to unclick the restack button to make it disappear from my profile, and by doing that will it make my badge disappear?

Thank you.
Sep 18, 6:12 PM

Feb 2007
Well, done with A Bookworm's Haven for now, at least. A lot of interesting stuff on that list, but you can't put Futari no Renai Shoka on it and not expect me to go with re-reading that instead. Hopefully I'll find some time for the anime challenge as well in the remaining days...
Sep 19, 11:29 AM

Apr 2024
Just finished both challenges. Was a nice change of pace for both stacks, picking themes I would normally not pick up.

For the anime challenge, I went with SK∞ the Infinity. What a great anime! The art, the animation, the music, the bromance! Thoroughly enjoyable from beginning to end.

For the manga challenge, I went with R.O.D: Read or Die. Gotta say, did not enjoy this one as much. The art was a great throwback, always fun to return to that 90s/00s style. However, felt the writing left a little to be desired and the plot felt all over the place. Glad I had the opportunity to check out something new though.
努力 未来 a beautiful star ☆
Sep 19, 6:03 PM

Sep 2024
Did a new update happen? Found this at the navigation bar.
"When clouds appear, wise men put on their cloaks;
When great leaves fall, the winter is at hand;
When the sun sets, who doth not look for night?
Untimely storms make men expect a dearth."

William Shakespeare
Sep 19, 8:42 PM

Mar 2019
Reply to Levtones
Need some help with this.

I don't use interest stacks and I don't want any appearing on my profile, but I wanted to do this challenge, so I have clicked the restack button and watched an anime to get the badge, which means I now have one interest stack showing on my profile.

Now, once I get the badge, will the interest stack disappear from my profile, or will I have to unclick the restack button to make it disappear from my profile, and by doing that will it make my badge disappear?

Thank you.
@Levtones Keep the interest stack until you get the badge, then you are safe to delete it. You won't lose your badge. Badges will probably appear in the first week or two of October.
Sep 19, 10:19 PM

Jan 2024
i gotta start this soon >:]
Sep 19, 11:15 PM

Mar 2011
Just another one of these Challenges that goes straight over my head. Too late, too busy, too short of Notice, too unavailable for me. The only chance I'd have would be one of those Fandubbing sites, but I bet these won't count, because, in 'Layman's Terms', they're not 100% legal. :'-(

That said, I know that I say that a lot and then, in ~4/5 cases, I still participate at about the last Minute. But guess what, RL happens and priorities must be set from a certain age onward and basically NOBODY needs ALL badges ever available, that would be overdoing it... :-3
HapposamaYesterday, 1:02 AM
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Fall 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kineta - Sep 12

151 by Ranxomare »»
23 minutes ago

» English Titles Added to Desktop; Moving Towards a Romanized/English Toggle ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Feb 12, 2020

125 by Leon_Kennedy_TM »»
Sep 29, 3:16 AM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kineta - Mar 17

156 by badabass »»
Sep 17, 5:59 PM

» Join MAL's Moderator Team!

Kineta - Sep 12

0 by Kineta »»
Sep 12, 7:26 PM

» Related Anime/Manga Section Changes ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - May 23

124 by Chronowarp »»
Sep 10, 5:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.