Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 11:54 AM
Nov 2014
Man, I love Kana…
Aug 21, 12:00 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, this episode was really emotional.
Aug 21, 12:16 PM

Jul 2023
I didn't expect this kind of ending of the episode. At the beggining I let my guard down with bright colors, positive energy and especially after Aqua said that he didn't have the talent like girls, and then such a bloodbath at the end. I really feel bad for Aqua and I feel depressed because he has to find the strength to play emotionally in memories.
Aug 21, 12:20 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi is triggered by Kana's death on stage to seek revenge for her and Ai
Aug 21, 12:26 PM
Jan 2021
Sokah said:
Why is there a play and a teen drama in a murder mystery? Haven't been given any reason to care about the play or the characters. The whole arc is garbage.

why are you watching then?
Aug 21, 12:27 PM

Jul 2022
Another fantastic episode. If Akane shined in the previous one, now it's Kana's turn. She truly had a rough time when she was a star, but what happened with her mother was the worst part. Her mother only used her to fulfill a frustrated dream, placing immense pressure on Kana to satisfy others and her mother, never allowing her to show who she truly is. Aqua was the one who put her back in the spotlight, helping Kana regain her shine as a superstar.

However, it's interesting to see the contrast between Kana and Aqua. Kana is now reclaiming her joy in acting, while Aqua, who is no longer having fun, is beginning to suffer. He's continuing down his path of revenge, becoming a star himself, but a dark one.
Aug 21, 12:27 PM
Jan 2021
Only complaint this season is this play arc feels like it could have been shorter and still been as good. Too many reused scenes imo.
Aug 21, 12:29 PM
May 2017
This episode was perfect to me in every way. Just EVERYTHING about it, or at least everything that I've noticed while watching. I'm gonna watch it again to check If I might have overlooked something. But to me this show is so far a psychological masterpiece and beautiful to watch. Also the seiyuu's are doing AMAZING work and of course also the animators, directors and producers...
bumbleleenAug 21, 12:40 PM
Aug 21, 12:31 PM

Dec 2022
im quit speechless
the only thing i can say is "Shit Shit Shit"
Aug 21, 12:33 PM
Nov 2023
This Episode was Absolute Cinema!! From Arima coming into the spotlight to Takeo Ootsuka's voice acting taking it into another level in the last 5 mins
I don't know how but, this anime just keeps better & better every episode.
Aug 21, 12:41 PM

Sep 2016
Akane having the hots for Kana = confirmed

This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Aug 21, 12:45 PM
Jun 2019
Doga Kobo is just flexing atm, masterpiece, 10/10
Aug 21, 12:49 PM
Jun 2024
realy good episoide
Aug 21, 12:52 PM
May 2020
aqua hating on acting gotta hurt
Aug 21, 1:06 PM

Oct 2012
Ok, who do you think is better antagonist - someone established ever since episode 1 or some random introduced later on?
Keeping file on both Ai and Aqua, "father"-son vibes were surely strong this episode.

Yet, that doesn't make whole premise of rising to the top of entertainment industry just to enact revenge any less convoluted.
And performing great by hating the acting looks nice on the paper and for sake of drama but in reality it's also pretty stupid idea.
It's even sadder that no matter the life before and after, Aqua's whole purpose of new life is basically one long revenge, even after those 14 or so years.
The guy is seriously broken.

Anyway, the episode was good backstory for Kana but only until she was supposed to shine.
Apparently, the idea of shining in the second season is for characters to perform some awesome jump or sword dance with a bit of warcry added.
Series director always supports this by awesome animation but it would be a lot better if they actually pushed seiyuu to do some awesome acting instead, like Shaft can do.
As result, her catharsis scene was lackluster and as in previous episodes, there was clear disconnection between the greatness anime is implying and how it actually felt to watch.

No longer sure what to make of this season anyway. There are some good ideas and scenes here and there but it's awfully dragged a lot and not enjoyable to watch anymore.
And Aqua getting even more angsty for sake of drama is another plot device we didn't need.
Mich666Aug 21, 1:11 PM
Aug 21, 1:28 PM

May 2009
Okay the scene that they skipped last episode was finally back in this episode, I have no complaints
Aug 21, 1:30 PM
Jul 2023
I cant tell which one my favourite character is. I think it's a tie between Akane and the Director
Aug 21, 1:32 PM

Jul 2024
They've been cooking the last few episodes
Aug 21, 1:41 PM

Aug 2022
I feel like this arc is dragging on too much. Oh well, at least Kana got her moment to shine.
Aug 21, 1:42 PM
Jul 2022
Aqua pulling off a prime Suarez lol. All jokes aside, this show just keeps getting better and better without a doubt
Aug 21, 1:43 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Not only the animation was so on poin again during Kanna's blooming scene but in Aqua's realization to use his trigger to act in frustration. Is that healthy to do? It sure doesn't look like it is but it would be cool to see just how it plays out after that bite. Did he go too far? Maybe, yeah.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Aug 21, 1:51 PM
Jan 2024
I hate kana even more- worst girl. End of
Aug 21, 2:10 PM

May 2015
Reply to killzone3abc
Sokah said:
Why is there a play and a teen drama in a murder mystery? Haven't been given any reason to care about the play or the characters. The whole arc is garbage.

why are you watching then?
@killzone3abc Because he's one of those losers that watch stuff they hate just to complain about it like anyone cares about their dogshit opinion.

Aug 21, 2:14 PM

Feb 2014
Kana's backstory was a sad tale. Her early success in her acting career not only delighted Kana herself, but also her doting mother. Things were as perfect as it could be with everyone happy, but when Kana's career started to slow down a lot, it got pretty depressing. Her mother would lash out in desperation of finding more work, then sometime using her anger at Kana herself. Not only that, but her own father cheated on his wife, which only added more misery and pain on all of them.

Knowing all of this makes it easier to understand Kana's position of being the "coordinator", where she would match the tempo of the other actors, but would make sure to stay away from taking the centre stage herself. It makes me more thankful that Aqua was able to put that centre of the limelight onto her thanks to his ad-lib in a crucial part of the play. It finally opened a much needed path for Kana to traverse down upon and take that limelight with everything she's got. This made for such a stellar part of the episode for me. =)

While Kana has finally reclaimed her past form, Aqua was heading down the complete opposite direction with his style of acting. Gotanda's advice was incredibly effective as Aqua has embraced the emotional acting and using the trauma of losing Ai to unleash his potential, which was matched by how good the visuals were from Doga Kobo.

I assume that the play itself is getting closer towards its end, so I highly look forward to seeing how the play will wrap things up.
Aug 21, 2:19 PM
Feb 2021
Damn it was so beautiful. Because of this kinda Anime I will still love it till I'm death. It is a medium, that nothing else can come close to it. These emotions on the Set especially from Aqua, like damn I good goosebumps and kicked my feed like I won the lottery :)
Aug 21, 2:21 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to TsukuyomiREKT
@killzone3abc Because he's one of those losers that watch stuff they hate just to complain about it like anyone cares about their dogshit opinion.
@TsukuyomiREKT omg fr fr. Why are u doing that to u self, if u don't even like this masterpiece
Aug 21, 2:21 PM
Apr 2020
This episode gave me the shivers.
Aug 21, 2:46 PM
Jan 2024
Holy mother of GOD the last few minutes of this episode were EVERYTHING
Aug 21, 3:04 PM
Dec 2022
While watching this episode, my emotions were mixed and I felt quite excited. which made me happy. I wanted it to never end.
Aug 21, 3:31 PM
Sep 2023
This episode shows
KANA > Akane
Aug 21, 3:34 PM

Feb 2020
Another excellent episode
Aug 21, 3:53 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A very big episode for Kana, that whole ad-libbing sequence that brought out her shining aura was quite awesome, beautifully animated, I also loved seeing Akane gushing over Kana, because while she is trying to defeat Kana, she’s also her biggest fan lol. As great as this was tho, I did want to mention it is a bit hard to tell much of a difference in her acting than before, yeah she’s being drawn and animated really well to show it but I don’t think she was necessarily acting any better, idk I guess it’s just one of those things that’s hard to convey, also it’s an anime so what else is there to do but give a lot of attention to the scene to show how much it matters lol.

But, does this swing Kana into best girl territory for me? Nah lol, I love Kana and I really love getting more on her past and seeing her shine bright, but Akane is still winning for me personally, blue waifu supremacy lol. Kana wasn’t all this episode had to offer tho, we also finally got to see Aqua have a big moment on the stage, and it was certainly big alright, this man has chosen to turn his PTSD into fuel for acting, he’s no longer on the brink of having fun, he’s suffering as he acts, I gotta say that is pretty metal but also very edgy at the same time lol, but it works for the story this show has been telling, it’s a very anime thing as well, that dark star (intentional Grateful Dead reference) in Aqua’s eyes was the icing on the cake, the ost really fit the scene too, I can understand why we didn’t get a smooth transition into the ED this time lol. Although, I am wondering if Aqua can make this kind of acting work long term or not, guess time will tell.
Aug 21, 4:01 PM
Feb 2021
holy hell, this has been an incredible ride over these last few episodes
Aug 21, 4:10 PM
Apr 2023
AQUACTING SECOND GEAR
Aug 21, 4:12 PM
Mar 2022
I just can't I love this anime so much
Aug 21, 4:26 PM
Aug 2024
imo they cooked on this episode like damn nothing beats the oshi no ko ED cutting in after a peak moment dawg
Aug 21, 4:27 PM

Oct 2023
Wow, another improvement from the Manga! I honestly shed tears a bit during Aqua's breakdown.
Aug 21, 4:34 PM

Mar 2020
I found the flashback this week more impactful, simply because I think Kana is more interesting as a character, and I find her problems to be a bit more relatable, though I'm mixed on how many flashbacks we've had in this stage play arc alone. The Aqua bit at the end was fine, but not really invested in Aqua as a character, though I do like the voice acting from his VA. It's dragging a bit too much for my liking, but it doesn't take away from the fact that Doga Kobo and the staff are putting their all into this, and that this is a dream adaptation of the source material.
Aug 21, 4:39 PM

Sep 2022
Finally focus is back on Aqua.
It was good but I hope we are done with Kana's flashbacks - it's like the tenth time we learn about her issues as genius actor.
Aug 21, 4:51 PM
May 2024
MY GOD WHAT A PERFECT EPISODE!!!!!!!

Doga Kobo it's really making this something of the highest level 🔥

I love how sweet Kana is when she's acting, and it's also beautiful to see Aqua supporting her.

The best scene is without a doubt this final part, when Akane falls and Aqua gets frustrated to the point of expressing her feelings in her acting.

This arc is much better in the anime, all those vibrant colors and other dark ones were essential for the development of everything so far. I also can't forget to mention the soundtrack, which was great in this episode!✨🔥
Aug 21, 5:41 PM
Oct 2022
nirererin said:
Previous episode was Akane's but this one is Arima Kana's.

Aqua is really good at give the spotlight to the one of the best girl of the series... so smooth!! Then her memories of past rushed through her what was doing, why was working hard for!!! Great episode!!! Arima Kana is truely a STAR 🌟.

And the final expression of Aqua is really damn what can I say, just outstanding, goosebumps ToT. Can't wait for the next episode.

Kinda a mix between Arima’s and Aqua’s episode. At the end, because of how Aqua’s part was told, I basically disregarded Arima’s story in the episode 😂
Aug 21, 5:42 PM
Oct 2022
That was a banger of an episode! Does he have his spark back?? Let’s see where this leads!
Aug 21, 5:44 PM
May 2021
finally Aqua found a way of acting, but it's so sadddd
Aug 21, 5:46 PM

Apr 2022
goddamn they just keep cooking, my only complaint is that they made that one iconic panel of arima a still-frame but besides that the whole episode looked great and aqua and arima's dynamic on stage was really good.
Aug 21, 5:58 PM

Apr 2022
God damn. Holy crap. What an episode. What an amazing episode.

Kana gets a fantastic backstory that really contextualizes her and helps sand off some of the rougher edges to her that may have made her come off as abrasive (even as an Akane #1 fan I have always really liked Kana, but I know a lot of people are just put off by her).

But as the aforementioned Akane fan, I loved that even in Kana's episode, it was Akane who unlocked the key to Aqua's acting. And then I really liked the exposition montage with the director's advice iterating on what Akane had suggested (by the way, none of these is a mentally healthy person lol, there is no way a sane adult would be encouraging Aqua after having fully figured out his psyche, like that is beyond irresponsible). But yeah, what an amazing sequence ending with Aqua finally embracing that he was meant to be a performer, and using his trauma to fuel his acting.

What an incredible episode. Over the last few weeks, Oshi no Ko has very effectively proven that the first season was not a flash in the pan gimmick. It is something that has managed to sustain that level of quality and those highs into this season. Just excellent stuff.
Aug 21, 6:06 PM
Jun 2012
Other better episode from this season, finally they mix both arguments there.

They finally got deeper in Aqua feelings too, but anyway, where is Ruby? She is not having too much participation
Aug 21, 6:26 PM

Aug 2022
In the wrong context, Aqua's adlibbing with Kana might come off as somewhat sexist. 🙃

That aside, I'm curious to see how will he utilize the grief and trauma he experienced from Ai's death to his advantage....
Aug 21, 6:43 PM
Oct 2019
PERFECT EPISODE, FROM BEGINNING TO END, my god, what a good episode, this arc is in a wonderful sequence of episodes
Aug 21, 7:10 PM
Sep 2022
Absolute cinema!!
Aug 21, 7:11 PM
Jul 2023
Does anybody else finish an episode on this show and think, “there’s no way we’ve been here that long yet?” This show doesn’t appear to have any signs of slowing down in its drama, pace, tenacity or momentum.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ricky16 - Aug 28

162 by levibigass »»
59 minutes ago

» No new episode next week

Dbagas8 - Aug 28

28 by Rinrinka »»
Yesterday, 8:55 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ricky16 - Aug 14

169 by Comander-07 »»
Aug 30, 2:03 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Jul 17

161 by Mr_Okarin »»
Aug 30, 12:40 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 31

187 by Ranxomare »»
Aug 30, 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.