Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 4, 3:24 PM
May 2021
I've rewatched the scene several times, fantastic and great animations
Aug 4, 4:04 PM

Apr 2013
After 14 years watching One Piece, I felt this episode was 5 minutes.

.·:*¨ 重逢的时代 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟎:𝟒𝟐 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟑:𝟏𝟑
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Aug 4, 6:13 PM
Dec 2023
I was just getting into the ep and realize it has already been 18 min, generally such a peak anime.
Aug 4, 10:23 PM
Jan 2023
Garp literally just being one punch man 😂
Aug 5, 5:44 AM
May 2021
<3<3<3<3y<3 garb is daddy
Aug 5, 11:30 AM
Jan 2023
Galaxy Impact eem
Aug 5, 12:11 PM
Apr 2024
Holy Cow, what an incredible episode. Galaxy Impact was amazing! The animation! The soundtrack! Garp's crazy laugh! Overall incredible!
Aug 6, 2:52 PM

Jan 2021
Garp a menace fr bro wasn’t even satisfied after that insane galaxy impact
Aug 7, 9:11 AM
May 2024
We got to see part of why Garp is so feared across the ocean. And it looks like Aokiji and Blackbeard have some history we might see.
Aug 7, 12:48 PM
Jul 2023
PEAK PEAK PEAK PEAK PEAK
Aug 8, 5:02 AM
Mar 2022
Garp is really HIM, I wonder how he wil do aginst the devil fruits
Aug 8, 10:30 AM

Feb 2014
I understand that people are excited about this animation, which is undoubtedly spectacular. The problem is that "Galaxy Impact" doesn't even remotely resemble the manga. Here it is shown as an attack that hits the ground and generates a shockwave, when in the manga it is literally a shockwave from Garp's own fist. If the attack is the same as in the manga but you add effects, ok, I don't like it but I will understand, but changing the form of the attack is something I don't accept.

Toei's obsession with turning this anime into Dragon Ball is terrible. Don't forget that haki is "invisible" and they get worse every day with the scenes of lights and colors that look like a cheap brothel. Roger's scene with Shirohige is the example that you don't need explosions like a Michael Bay movie for something to be mind-blowing.
Aug 8, 1:51 PM
Nov 2015
Reply to IzanaSolos
Actually in the nick of time did Hibari decide to show up, because if she had shown up even a millisecond late the title of this episode would change from what it is, to Looking for the Answer - Koby the Hero Dies on the Battlefield lol. Koby and his crew aside, You know someone's aura is out of this world if the background characters eye's pop out. And aura did Garp have as he released that GALAXY FISTOOO

Toei went all out animating that Galaxy Fist. Well deserved as well. The sheer mass of the attack NEEDED to be capture that way. Just goes to show why Garp was in that big 3 with Roger and Whitebeard back in his prime. What if I told you Garp really had that DAWG in him. Everything following was bitter sweet. That is, until someone else, with aura that's on the same level as Garp's showed up. One tap of the foot and Hibari was gone... Aokiji's in for it now.
@IzanaSolos are you actually Geo from twitter
Aug 9, 1:19 PM
Feb 2024
best show ever created
Aug 10, 5:28 AM
Apr 2018
GARP is the only word needed
Aug 10, 9:42 AM
Jun 2024
epic and it was like nuke
Aug 10, 11:43 PM

Aug 2019
Galaxy impact was insane! Toei went crazy for this episode!

I love seeing Garp getting the recognition he deserves!

kuzan’s entrance was just badass.
Aug 11, 11:58 AM
Jun 2015
Everyone in the world relies on the devil fruit power but Garp?? He’s got that OLD MAN STRENGTH!!!

He really punched the water to send their ship flying in the air…with no care in the world!!! Then followed up with a single punch, brought on by the power of the galaxy, to destroy the city!!! This dude is a menace!!

As for Aokiji, I’ve always been a fan of how he carried himself. Now it makes sense why he left the Navy because I can’t stand Alaina But right now, I’m not seeing eye to eye! Get it together before you get the power of a good ol’ fashion a$$ kicking!!

From one Koby to another, my brother must be saved at all cost!!
Aug 11, 3:54 PM
Feb 2022
On April 7, 2023, I read the chapter with the galaxy impact and after a year and almost 4 months, this moment was animated. It wasn't exactly what I expected and the impact was more like a nuclear explosion, but in any case, the animation was amazing and the moment before the impact with the galaxy in the background added even more epic. (As far as I understand, the yellow glow and lightning denotes the use of advanced Conqueror's Haki in anime?) The rest of the episode and part of the impact felt a little slow, but I'm fine with that. By the way, since this episode, I have become anime only again and what happened after the impact I did not read in the manga, I am intrigued by what will happen next.
DmitryBaksheevAug 11, 4:14 PM
Aug 12, 3:32 AM

May 2015
I'm sorry but this is complete bullshit. Yes it's cool to see Garp actually do something after twenty years but to me it just feels like he could have easily saved Ace and is almost responsible for his death.
Aug 12, 3:51 AM
Jun 2024
Reply to El-Melloi
I'm sorry but this is complete bullshit. Yes it's cool to see Garp actually do something after twenty years but to me it just feels like he could have easily saved Ace and is almost responsible for his death.
@El-Melloi its almost as if he was conflicted during marineford because ace is a pirate and garp's a marine
Aug 12, 2:22 PM

Feb 2010
Always enjoy Garp getting to be absolutely unhinged.

The end of this episode reminds me how much Teach and Luffy are similar even though they're also so different
Aug 13, 8:22 AM

Jan 2013
Holy shit what an entry by Garp!
Stunning scenes yet again!
Aug 15, 5:19 PM
Jun 2024
animation was so good
Aug 20, 1:26 AM

Apr 2009
Was a pretty good episode, but definitely more build-up for now.
"It's when things are tough that you have to keep your head up high. You won't find hope lying on the ground." - Zetman (Sayama)
Aug 20, 1:58 AM

Apr 2015
This was so epic and beautiful, I had tears in my eyes when I saw Gary's punch animated! Toei really does nail the key moments, Imagine If he threw this punch at Marineford lol.
Aug 21, 7:33 AM

Jul 2013
Galaxy Impact, goddamn! It's officially the coolest move in all of anime for me, it just beat Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon. Now's let's see Garp and Aokiji fight. And btw Aokiji's fight with Akainu, will they ever show that?
Aug 25, 1:22 AM
Oct 2021
THEY COOKED AHHHHHHHHHHH THIS WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN I EXPECTED Helmeppo lmfaooooo
KUZAN BACKSTORY LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Aug 30, 12:41 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Amazing the Garp style to enter in the island....
...but the surprise was Aokiji!!!
kekeke
Sep 8, 12:47 AM

Dec 2013
It's sweet how touched Koby was at Garp calling him the future of the marines.

The galaxy impact looked incredible. We are finally seeing the reason why Garp was known as a hero.
Sep 8, 4:39 PM
Sep 2024
This episode puts a totally different spin on when Sengoku stopped Garp from reacting to Ace's death. If he actually attacked, the entire marine base would of been gone as collateral from one punch.
Sep 14, 12:21 PM

Nov 2009
TBH, I find it a bit confusing how Garp suddenly seems to have become one-punch man out of nowhere.

Since previously he was never shown to have this inhuman strength or power.

Tho the same could also be said for Shanks from previous episode...

It's like these characters are getting a huge boost in power out of nowhere just for the story power scaling.

Cause if they had these powers from before, Luffy and all the other smaller Pirate groups would have long been eliminated, lol.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Sep 15, 10:27 AM
Mar 2024
What an animation, it bring me to the edge of my seat, even that wasn't enough i bite my tongue
Oct 2, 4:03 AM

Mar 2020
No way, that scene with the goon imagining Vegapunk was too funny.
Hibari's way too shy. Its almost cute.

So Grus was the guy doing the mud stuff.

Did Garp just blow the air so hard and smooth that the ship fucking flew? Goddamn!
Garp and his extravagant displays, I love them.
Just casually drops a fucking nuke onto Pirate Island with his Galaxy Impact that literally opened a galaxy
It is so well animated that I cant help but scream like a schoolgirl
Garp is insane.
He looks pissed.
Probably the only other display of power so strong before was done by Whitebeard.

I was wondering how the ship wouldn't be tattered to pieces. Grus answered me.
Did she just call Garp a bad boy? Wow Kujaku.

Aokiji, Garp's old pupil now faced against his new pupil Coby. This is gonna be interesting.
Seems like we are getting a flashback with Aokiji aswell.

The times in One Piece are changing. We are getting episodes with goddamn Shanks and Garp as main characters. I love this way too much.
Today, 1:44 AM

Jun 2024
Galaxy Impact? Garp, you absolute madlad!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 8, 2009

62 by thrrr_t4ll »»
2 hours ago

» Now Top #2 on MAL (one pice fan letter)

Yeshaiah2015yesh - 4 hours ago

14 by Danpmss »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 22 Discussion

Scribbly - Jun 12, 2009

49 by thrrr_t4ll »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 833 Discussion ( 1 2 )

G_Spark233 - Apr 21, 2018

90 by Wrawler »»
3 hours ago

» Toei is finally giving us a One Pace-like remastered edit, and similarly to it, turning Fishman Island (58 eps) into 20-ish (21) episodes during this break.

Danpmss - Oct 13

41 by Danpmss »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.