Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 22, 6:26 AM
Nov 2023
The show is trash I don’t see what people find funny
Jul 22, 6:46 AM
Nov 2020
Comedy is subjective well I haven't laughed that hard but it's a good one to watch one time.
Jul 22, 7:30 AM

Jul 2023
I think my definition for funny is different. I don't expect to laugh out loud. Smiling is enough. For comparison, some people don't like Garfield, they think it's not funny. But it's creative and witty and that is what's important for me
Jul 22, 8:06 AM
Aug 2021
MongoDB said:
I watched this because the shikanoko song was catchy and I like comedy. But I watched a few episodes and I didn't laugh a single time. Maybe a few smiles here and there. Like I get some of the jokes but they just weren't funny enough. Does anyone think this show is funny? Or is it just more of like a silly slice of life with a deer girl

maybe it's comedy isn't your type
note:i was going to write something hateful then thought I don't want to argue
Jul 22, 10:02 AM

Aug 2020
I don't think the show is funny ngl, but I wouldn't say it's bad it's just decent/ok as a comedy and show overall. It's a character driven show but none of the characters are that interesting, doesn't have much of a story but I'm not really counting it as a factor, the animation looks lazy for a wit studio adaptation, the soundtrack is ok but gets repetitive, the comedy is mid at best, it's like the most 6-7/10 show. That's the only way to describe it, tons of ppl call this peak, but I doubt that they even know what peak means.
Jul 22, 10:55 AM

Jul 2013
I think overall people found episode 1 funny, that's why it had a 8+ rating. But as episode 2 and 3 came out, more people watched it and many (including me) did not find these subsequent episodes as good as episode 1. That's why the score has dropped.

As someone said previously, this is probably best enjoyed after getting high or drunk.
Jul 22, 10:57 AM
Feb 2023
Act out comedy and punhcline too predictable

That's the problem
Jul 22, 11:39 AM
Apr 2016
I am viewing it primarily as a means to refresh my mental state, a pleasant program to observe and temporarily disengage my analytical faculties.
Jul 22, 1:10 PM

Sep 2011
Episode 1 was very funny and had a consistent chaotic energy throughout, episode 2 and 3 felt like all the character dynamics sort of ran its course.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 22, 3:47 PM

Apr 2012
I have no problem with this anime. I find it entertaining. The type of humor is crass and simplistic. Even a child would laugh at it by simply looking at the visuals and art style with the audio on mute. My only complaint about this anime, unfortunately, is that it is trying too hard to be a meme factory so much it's missing its mark. Most jokes need to be set up and take root, but when you're going for that -15 second window to be a meme so it can go viral, the joke/punchline becomes rushed. Nichijou, Azumanga, and Asobi, for example, have some of the most well placed and timed jokes that took time to set up in order to cook and deliver. BTW, these anime were before the era of viral memes.

"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jul 22, 4:51 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Just watched the first episode so far, the jokes land 50/50 for me

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 22, 7:52 PM
Sep 2020
It’s funny imo.
Jul 22, 7:54 PM
Jun 2022
Zarutaku said:
Not really funny, but creatively weird.

This. Except, personally, I often find creatively weird shows funny because I can’t help but imagine the kind of people and situations that got the show through production in the first place.
Jul 22, 8:13 PM

Jan 2013
Some scenes can be funny, I'll watch it as a slightly more unhinged CGDCT type of show. A lot of the reactions don't work for me, there's too much of the blonde girl saying "HUH" or just shouting, several scenes would have been a lot funnier with better timed/animated reactions. It reminds me a lot of Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri where the comedy was pretty much nonexistent for me, because the reactions were just shouting, and it always felt like the timing was off for some reason. It's hard to explain why something is or isn't funny, you just know when it works and when it doesn't.

Ultimately, this just makes me want to go back and finally finish watching Nichijou.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 22, 8:19 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to DarkLeafNinja
Episode 1 was good, episode 2 however was the definition of meh when it comes to comedy.
@DarkLeafNinja Yeah, I don't remember laughing once at episode 2, while I burst out laughing when she just destroyed the doorway in the classroom with her antlers and the debris smashed 3 people in the face, and then the rest of the class doesn't react at all until they hear the word delinquent lol. I daresay that episode 3 wasn't much better then the 2nd, but I laughed once or twice, I guess the show is fine as just an unhinged CGDCT.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 22, 9:53 PM

Nov 2016
I think this show could've benefitted from a shorter run time.

Like specific segments are funny but by the halfway mark you are already checking out maybe because you get used to the randomness. Also sometimes it does feel like the stretch stuff to fit a certain runtime ruining the comedic timing but that might just be me.

I'm not saying it should've been Teekyuu levels of short, that shit goes so fast you start thinking what substances were the writters on while making it, but maybe 12 minute episodes would've been enough.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 9:55 PM
Apr 2023
this and Vtuber legend are indeed, funny
Jul 22, 11:28 PM
May 2020
I understand it’s not for everyone but man I’m a sucker for ‘slice of weed’ shows like this. It might not beat the holy trinity of Nichijou, Joshikousei no mudazukai and Asobi Asobase but I’m sticking with it because we haven’t had a show with silly dumb humor for too long. 😂
Jul 23, 3:21 AM

Feb 2023
Some parts of this show I enjoyed quite a bit (like Nokotan entering the classroom in ep1 and Koshi doing the Bully Maguire dance in ep3) others not so much (the quiz segment in ep2... that was hard to watch)
StyxParadiseJul 23, 3:37 AM
Jul 23, 3:34 AM

Dec 2019
Series like this has the tendency to lose steam really fucking quickly after the initial buzz and intrigue about its brainrot is lost and you just get used to it, not as shocking. The promotion been way better than the actual show itself since it aint looking like havin a long shelf life where it can maintain being funny and fresh for a long time. Got old too quickly.
Jul 23, 3:40 AM
Jul 2021
if anybody saying that this is not funny, that mean you that guy who hate comedy in general.

there is nothing funny for all of you people " Comedy haters ".
Jul 23, 5:05 AM
May 2023
It's dumb, that's pretty much it. I'd give it a 6/10 so far
Jul 23, 5:36 AM

Apr 2020
Agreed. It's trying waaaay too hard.
As if someone saw Nichijou and tried to crank up the funny to 11.
Jul 23, 5:52 AM

Oct 2011
still haven't watched episode 3, but episode 2 was kinda of a let down for me...
I like nonsense humor, but idk why, this one isn't clicking too much with me... I feel like there's many scenes where the outcome is kinda predictable, and I think nonsense works better with the shock of completely random bs throwed at you
Jul 23, 10:04 AM

Feb 2024
Saying comedy is subjective is simply coping.
Jul 23, 11:00 AM
Apr 2022
Laughing a lot = Good is not always the case, yo
Jul 23, 11:15 AM

Jan 2024
Im usually all for comedy and dumb humor but I agree that this show is not funny at all. At least to me. The humor is kinda forced and generic, pretty boring to me. I dropped the show after the third episode. But to everyone who likes it, enjoy and have fun.
Jul 23, 12:20 PM

Apr 2020
Eh, like I care. I ditto to humor subjectivity stuff.
The lurker of forums.
Jul 23, 12:49 PM

Jul 2014
It's not easy to explain why a specific kind of humor doesn't work on me but I'll try. I think the show is lacking a sense of normality that would contrast with the absurd situations that happen in it. And for an anime that tries so hard to be all crazy and over the top, I find it pretty dull and predictable. Finally the show focuses way too much on Torako's reactions to the situations rather than the situations themselves, which are the funny parts. It's making things repetitive and undermining the jokes.
Also the voice acting is not that great.
Jul 23, 2:04 PM
Jan 2017
i think it is how its adapted for me, the jokes drag out for too long due to director raising up the absurdity and ultimately the jokes often ends up being plain unfunny. thats why comedy 4komas are always hard to adapt but if done properly we get gems like BTR or machikado mazoku
Jul 23, 7:40 PM
Mar 2018
Watching the first 3 episodes I laughed a total of 0 times. Might've smiled once.

The whole time I was just bored or annoyed and felt sorry for Torako.

I'm sure it would be funnier at Teekyuu speed. 🤔
Jul 23, 9:53 PM
Jul 2024
Did not laugh at all after two episodes, so I’m passing. Maybe I just don’t “get” it. That’s fine. I don’t need to. I have to laugh naturally. I can’t force something to be funny or interesting.
Jul 23, 10:23 PM

Jan 2020
It seems like people are finally realizing what this series truly is. That catchy OP can only go so far. Also, characters like that thirsty sister kill all enjoyment
Jul 23, 10:24 PM

Jan 2020
C0brakyle said:
This the same vein as girlfriend, girlfriend for me so I am greatly enjoying it.

Except that one was actually funny imo and didn’t have a thirsty sister
Jul 23, 10:31 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Animillion
It seems like people are finally realizing what this series truly is. That catchy OP can only go so far. Also, characters like that thirsty sister kill all enjoyment
@Animillion I've never been "bothered" by that trope, but it almost always comes across as fake and unfunny.
Jul 24, 12:25 AM

Jan 2020
Reply to LostSpectre
@Animillion I've never been "bothered" by that trope, but it almost always comes across as fake and unfunny.
@LostSpectre It’s my least favourite trope, followed closely by abusive Tsunderes . Lesbian yanderes have ruined my enjoyment of certain series like Komi, Love After World Domination, and others.
Jul 24, 6:12 AM
Jul 2022
I mean, I laughed a lot. maybe it's just not "your" type of humor :(
Jul 24, 7:42 AM
Apr 2022
the show is a bit too surreal like a cgdct fever dream, i find myself more bewildered than amused
Jul 24, 10:51 AM

Jan 2013
It's taken a while, but people are finally starting to see the fraud.

Better late than never.
Jul 24, 5:44 PM
Dec 2017
It's brain rot content, not everyone enjoy it, like i find that the 2nd episode is very uncanny to watch, irl if a school show all one specific student's private informations and images (even nsfw one), that student would be depressed as hell (might CM). But in the anime since it's a peak brain rot so on one really cares
Jul 24, 6:55 PM
Jun 2019
Funny, but not much.

It didn´t pass the 3 episode rule for me.
Jul 24, 9:08 PM

Apr 2022
yeah, it isn't really funny apart from the references but it's still decent compared to nichijou.
Jul 25, 5:03 AM
Feb 2024
I mean show is funny but little bit boring for me.
Jul 25, 6:49 PM
Jun 2021
This show is terrible. I have watched 3 episodes back to back and didnt laught a single time. Even noncomedy animes are funnier than this one.

This must have gotten a lot of hype because of the openning song and deer girl because the anime itself sucks.
Jul 25, 7:02 PM

Mar 2007
The opening song is the best thing to come out of this anime. Couldn't finish the second episode, the jokes were just not hitting for me.
The humor kinda reminds me of Pop Team Epic.
Yesterday, 8:27 AM
Jan 2022
nah, this is the one the best comedy shows of this season u hella wrong bro or may be the jokes are not the type that u laugh at....
11 hours ago

Feb 2021
After episode 1... I was hoping for the same level of chaos that episode had, but it's losing some touch...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 17

124 by Adhit2542 »»
4 hours ago

» how horny is this

weeaboo5008 - Jul 24

37 by Luviatan »»
5 hours ago

» English dub is God tier

Yui_Suzumiya69 - Jul 23

32 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 3

414 by macotheboy »»
Yesterday, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 24

49 by skafiction »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.