Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 7:57 AM

Apr 2010
Well looks like he joined the student council.
And Alya is still denying her feelings even tho she does mention them makes me wonder when she will be honest with herself.
I also liked her jealousy she knew the main was talking about another girl and she thinks it's Yuki which makes me wonder how she will react when she discovers that Yuki is his sister.
AversaJul 24, 8:01 AM
Aug 2022
Kuze-kun recusing Alya-san from the standoff between baseball and soccer team & resolving the problems he's perfectly fit for student council. He finally decided to join the council formally & he joined exclusively for Alya-san. Sudden love confession by her on the spot. Getting slapped by her for thinking about another girl not good at all Masachika 😂. Cheek Kiss is not at all a signal for love 😂. Alya-san blushing scene on bed is so damm cute😍. Finally the doll arrives at Alya-san's house.
Ricky16Jul 24, 8:55 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Aversa
Well looks like he joined the student council.
And Alya is still denying her feelings even tho she does mention them makes me wonder when she will be honest with herself.
I also liked her jealousy she knew the main was talking about another girl and she thinks it's Yuki which makes me wonder how she will react when she discovers that Yuki is his sister.
@Aversa
aurora_yuuki1 hour ago
Jul 24, 7:59 AM

May 2020
This school might be full of kids brimming with potential, but the supreme body of this school kind of really wants… really really wants the unremarkable main guy to join them and add value, in a way only they could visualise. Though hey, he can understand russian, and… and… is an avid human being contributing to society by consuming his percentage of oxygen in the atmosphere.

Though you see, in the world of anime, the more run-of-the-mill your character is, the more you’ll be valued. Guy is a part of the supreme council now, has a girl or girls, but yeah “girl” for this moment kind of confessing her love for him, through more ways than one, and being completely head over heels. Main guy syndrome at its best.
Jul 24, 7:59 AM

Dec 2021
Poor Masachika being bombarded with these invitations to the student council.

Masachika, who repeatedly refuses to join the student council, hears from Touya about a time when he was just an unremarkable guy. Touya advises him that whatever his motivation to join the student council might be, he shouldn't feel ashamed of it. Meanwhile, Alya is mediating a meeting about field usage rights between the baseball and soccer teams on her own. As the conflict between the two sides intensifies, Alya finds herself increasingly cornered. In the end, she calls out for help in Russian.

Tbf, not much Alya could do in that situation. Masachika coming in was nice, but to think all it took was her speaking out in Russian... lol. Masachika came in and saved the day. That's all that matters in the end. And to no one's surprise, that's also all it took for him to join the student council. But this dude is actually so dense. Alya asks if he's thinking about another woman, and the doofus says how'd you know... LOL. Slap was deserved icl. At least he got a cheek kiss from it in the end.

At least we know that Masha won't steal Masachika... hopefully.

Jul 24, 8:02 AM

Jul 2017
Predictably, Masachika does end up giving in and joining the Student Council, basically being a hero and saving Alya once again from a predicament she found herself cornered in with the football and baseball club. Wish Alya's characterization didn't feel too bland but she does have time to still hopefully develop into her own character, and a part of that is being more honest with herself down the line beyond the Russian lines she coincidentally says out loud from time to time as a release. The art continues to look pretty polished and even got the whole kiss on the cheek moment for thanking Masachika there at the end before she entered her home. I could not possibly care whatsoever for the stuff with the Student Council in a series like this but it was another moment that showcased Masachika's capable side to Alya, and with him being in the council now, there should be more moments to show that off. Would be an interesting conversation with him and Yuki given Masachika chose to not help her this time around compared to before. Fairly average episode as a whole, some parts were decent to watch, some a bit boring and forgettable.

Jan 2020
Look like Alya's still feeling insecure to admit her feelings for Kuze after he rescued her from the trouble so that cheek kiss is the best we can expect from her at least, also the scene of her being jealous strikes back again. That was so fucking hilarious!

Volume 1 is covered now. Let's see how the pacing will go for the remaining 8 episodes.

Apr 2014
Hare Hare Yukai ED
I love this song. 😭What a nostalgia.

AkeZZZJul 24, 8:09 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 24, 8:19 AM

Feb 2019
Kuze was not getting out of joining the student council no matter what. Everyone wants him on there and after today I think everyone sees why. He might not be the smartest academically, but he makes up for it in his interpersonal and social skills which is pretty rare for a romcom anime. Dude could probably make peace in the Middle East.

Expertly navigated the baseball and football club’s scheduling conflict and had the social awareness to realise the predicament the manager of the football club and baseball captain were in with their personal relationship.

He perfectly compliments Alya who is a genius and extremely hard worker academically, but struggles to connect with others and has a tendency to look down on them. When she’s at her lowest, she can always rely on Kuze to come and save the day. “This is why you’re alone you say these things in a language no one understands.” 😭 PREACH. That got meta af.

Speaking of Kuze supporting Alya, hearing he’ll help her on her quest to become student council president and do everything in his power to get her there is exactly what she wanted to hear. He’s gonna make her fall in love all over again if he keeps it up lol. Too bad he had to ruin the moment by daydreaming about his childhood friend. Bro you got Alya in front of you, lock in!

That cheek kiss definitely made up for nearly breaking his hand and the slap lmao. Really cute end to the episode. Nice clean wholesome episode which was welcome. Doga Kobo Wednesdays are great.
Marinate1016Jul 24, 9:15 AM
Jul 24, 8:21 AM
Oct 2016
Decent, but we must get strong masha x mashachika shippers lesgoooooooooooo
Jul 24, 8:26 AM

Aug 2021
lot of progress made. kuze joins the council, says he'll run on alya's side, russian confession and a kiss on the cheek. more advancement in one episode than most romance's give in a whole season
Jul 24, 8:27 AM
May 2021
1/10 not enough yuki
Jul 24, 8:38 AM

Mar 2021
Really nice episode with Kuze joining the student Council and promising to help Alya become the new student president. Alya was so cute at the end.
Jul 24, 8:39 AM

Oct 2016
using HHY and not doing the dance should be punished with prison

i heard the start and was all hyped with nostalgia... just to be dissapointed

cute Yuki ilust tho
Jul 24, 8:45 AM
Jun 2021
KytoAnime said:
Decent, but we must get strong masha x mashachika shippers lesgoooooooooooo

she'll probably try get alya jealous
Jul 24, 8:49 AM
Jan 2020
Someone out there is just gonna found about Haruhi for the 1st time solely for the ED of this episode and it's sad
Jul 24, 8:49 AM
Oct 2019
cute, but I really like her sister, I wanted them to be together, but that will be impossible
Jul 24, 8:54 AM

Aug 2022
Alya experienced a bit of trouble this time, but Masachika came at the right time.

Apart from that, Masha told Alya to immediately express her feelings to Masachika if Alya didn't want Masachika to be taken by someone else. So is that a sign that Masha is starting to be interested in Masachika? Possibly yes but we'll see.

RafaBryanJul 24, 8:58 AM
Jul 24, 8:54 AM

Oct 2014
COME NOW YOU CAN'T DO HARE HARE YUKAI WITHOUT THE DANCE!!!!
Jul 24, 8:57 AM

Jul 2016
Poor Kuze is pretty much forced to step up his pretend-I-don't-know-Russian game now that Alya shadowconfessed to him lmao

The first few notes of Hare Hare Yukai had me think it was a parody, so when I realized it was the actual song my jaw actually dropped. The nostalgia is real.
Jul 24, 9:03 AM

Mar 2018
i was almost expecting the haruhi dance at the end.

i like the personality the VA has given alya, it makes her much more likable, not to say she wasnt already before. masha still best though 💯
Jul 24, 9:26 AM
Jul 2023
Alya sure having more and more hard time keeping her secrets.
Jul 24, 9:33 AM

Jul 2017
Kenzaki being studnt council president, and how he got there in the first place, it's all about love too.

Him dating vice-president Chisaki is practically the reason why he got to where he is now, and what is holding Masachika back, there's really nothing since he always had Yuki by his side. And where Alya is now, being the middleman between both the baseball and soccer teams, since Chisaki isn't around, he requests for her for these inter-club disputes to get some good experience. But being the close person that she is, Alya breaks down in pressure, which is where Masachika comes in.

Just the moment before, Masachika thought that Alya can handle it alone, but she succumbs to the pressure, so Masachika has to come in and alleviate the conflict for her. The hidden truth of a secret love between the captain and one of the soccer's team's managers, it's also one of the factors playing in the egging of the conflict itself, and this is the camel that broke the back that Masachika is destined to be part of the student council, and he would be the one to elevate Alya to become the next student council president....but also thinking of his first love
earning him a slap in the process...and a cheek kiss as well.

For reals, Alya loves him dearly, but Masachika sure got hit by Confusion, and still thinks dearly about young Masha.
Jul 24, 9:37 AM
Apr 2022
When is anybody telling Alya that Yuki is Masachika's sister?!
Jul 24, 9:38 AM
Mar 2021
ik this is made for kids and I shouldn't expect much but god damn this shit is mid
Jul 24, 9:41 AM
Mar 2021

can't believe the TL's dropped this bomb
Jul 24, 9:44 AM
Mar 2024
Don't know why Alya thinks she has what it takes to be student council president. She had one task and failed it in tears.
Jul 24, 9:46 AM

May 2021
the solution to the baseball/footie discussion was pretty dumb but they settled for pretty girls ig so W. also tearing up just because of that...

wow

Jul 24, 9:58 AM

May 2019
So Alya got more upset because Kuze was thinking of another woman that wasn't Yuki lol. I think Masha will play mind games with Alya regarding Kuze but I wonder to what extent, curious to see that and also missed Yuki as she's so entertaining to watch.
Jul 24, 10:03 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
What a cute episode again. These facial expressions are just too good.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jul 24, 10:14 AM

Jan 2023
That ending and him helping Alya fix the problem were both super cute moments, looks like they're slowly getting closer :)
Jul 24, 10:14 AM

Mar 2023
Feels like this ED should of featured the dance as well.
Not too invested in the writing, but I'm loving the production for this.
Jul 24, 10:17 AM
Nov 2022
Cinema 🚬

I didn't expect such a drastic advance in the development of Alya's feelings towards Kuze._.

Wtf, could it be that the sister is also going for Kuze? bruh
Jul 24, 10:19 AM

Jul 2015
Really good episode.Kuze masterfully solved the problem between the soccer club and the baseball club and this saves Alya's position in front of them.

I am glad that Kuze has finally accepted his role and has decided to support Alya as the student council president.

Alya kissing Kuze was sweet.Also Masha's comments to Alya at the end,does this mean she will also going to try to build a relationship with Kuze?I am excited to see where this goes.

Jul 24, 10:28 AM
Mar 2024
:) very good guys awesome
Jul 24, 10:39 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Skulljujos
When is anybody telling Alya that Yuki is Masachika's sister?!
@Skulljujos
Jul 24, 10:43 AM

Jan 2020
Not a bad episode. Wasn’t my favourite and I wasn’t a fan of Alya slapping him especially given he helped her when she was in a tough position, but that Russian confession and Kuze actually understanding it was great
Jul 24, 11:19 AM

May 2024
They're trying too hard to make Alya a victim with all those flashbacks and her annoying uselessness. Well, bored already so Ima just drop it.
Jul 24, 11:26 AM
Feb 2024
yuki didnt appear on this episode so suck my rate
Jul 24, 11:45 AM

Oct 2018
That Haruhi ED caught me by surprise, would never in a million years have expected that one. Good episode though.
Jul 24, 11:49 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Elucid_8
That Haruhi ED caught me by surprise, would never in a million years have expected that one. Good episode though.
@Elucid_8 It's like Takagi san all over again. Oh so sweet episode with amazing different EDs
Jul 24, 11:54 AM
Jan 2023
damnnnn the ed from haruhi suzumiya, feeling sooooooooooooooo nostalgic
Jul 24, 11:56 AM
Mar 2015
Let's just go into this room, make the exact same proposal like Alya and everyone is somehow agreeing for no ****ing reason. Best writing...
Jul 24, 12:04 PM
Dec 2018
aurora_yuuki said:
@Aversa In Volume 8. She will acknowledge her feelings for him.

Holy

They both know they love each others from volume 5.

Volume 8 just seals it.
Jul 24, 12:16 PM

Feb 2008
Reply to AkeZZZ
Hare Hare Yukai ED
I love this song. 😭What a nostalgia.

@AkeZZZ Holy shit!! Haruhi ending!! I didn't wait for that!! This was too amazing (╥﹏╥)

Jul 24, 12:18 PM
Nov 2021
Its more and more just Oregairu with lesser character writing.

Light Novel to its core. MC is a disinterested/cynical chad of inter-personal relationships, despite being a child, and the no nonsense hot female lead is incompetent for the sake of damsel moments like this episode.

Thats not even including the multiple misunderstandings. Why are they hiding being siblings? Is MC from some special main/branch family and thats why they hide it and also why the have ties to Russia? Why do we need the future drama that Masha is the girl from the flashbacks not Alya?
Jul 24, 12:26 PM
Sep 2016
Random Hare Hare Yukai ED!!!!! wwwwww
insta 10/10 for that ED alone.... wwwww
well, 8/10 tho.... minus 2 pt bc no Hare Hare Yukai dance... wwwww
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jul 24, 12:30 PM

Feb 2011
solid episode, alya is adorable as always, and kuze joins the seitokai

nice.

4/5

Jul 24, 12:32 PM
Aug 2022
God dam Masha is such a vibe, I really wish she was the mc and not Alya the childhood friend always looses after all. I'm guessing at the end Kuze was confused on whether the childhood friend was Masha or Alya.

2 great sisters and a competent male lead. This shows great
Jul 24, 12:39 PM

Jul 2024
Cuteness overdose! Where's my Narcan???
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Masachika is the best !

lightning_angad7 - Yesterday

37 by Animillion »»
1 hour ago

» LN readers, without spoilers, does it ACTUALLY get as bad as some say? Or is it just another case of loud minority being annoying?

Shamsy - Yesterday

28 by Animillion »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LighTing4321 - Jul 17

271 by Playcool »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cuhoangdk - Jul 10

331 by Playcool »»
3 hours ago

» The english dub is reaaaaly funny

ErraticCamp - Yesterday

20 by Ugly11 »»
3 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.