Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 15, 2009 5:00 PM
Jan 2008
Mx0 BANZAI! \ (TT-TT) /
Dec 7, 2009 9:48 AM

Mar 2009
nuff said......... need sequel.
Jan 15, 2010 11:23 PM

Dec 2009
This is sad i cant belive it ended theres so much more that could be done - we could have seen a whole 10 levels to get the black plate. Could have seen him fighting in the real world, or we could have atleast seen him finish school. I wish there was a sequel somehow.
Jan 17, 2010 2:51 AM
Jan 2010
I dont get why shonen jump had to axe it.. even if it's a bad seller in japan, its so much more popular in america/europe, that are two whole continents, japan is a small island t.t neither do i get get why he had to make an end. hunter x hunter is taking breaks every 2 month's for about half a year, he could've just pause it and use the time to search after a new publisher.

ending was good, if you consider the circumstances. as a ending of such a great manga its just disappointing.
Jan 22, 2010 12:30 AM

Dec 2008
i just finished it n im so pissd at wsj now, we can hope the mangaka finds another publisher to run it or we get sum kinda sequel, anime or otherwise
Jan 22, 2010 8:31 AM

Feb 2009
anime for a cancel series?
it's nearly impossible
Jan 31, 2010 8:12 PM

Aug 2008
ova said:
anime for a cancel series?
it's nearly impossible

yeah but you gotta admit it would look pretty cool. And who knows, some crazy company might take on the challenge and end up sitting on a gold mine
Feb 1, 2010 6:01 AM

Jun 2009
i dont know but could dey let d artist post d next chapetrs on d net????
Mar 6, 2010 9:41 PM

Jun 2008
ALL HAIL Mx0!!!!!

I just finished reading this knowing that the ending was rushed and it feels as though it was. I mean yeah it was good ending in a way, it's just annoying how in the last 20 chapters or so opened up a HUGE path for this story to continue. With the 10 levels of the black plate, and even with the relationships between Hiiragi, Mizuki, and Kuzumi. So just considering these two things I would predict at least another 100+ chapters out of this series.

Man, and with that last chapter, Mizuki almost confessed x3! And I think they left Hiiragi with the bad end of the stick. Although she is kinda dense, like Kuzumi so I doubt she would have fallen for anyone else, and maybe figure out that they actually like each other.

But having it end here and probably never get picked back up ever again *tears* I guess I'll just have to leave it and move on. But like stated earlier, if some producers might happens to stumble across this I'm sure that they would be hitting the GOLD MINE with this series. But even without the support over in Japan, with this series being such a big hit in America and in Europe I would expect this series to bloom. Hell, even I might actually buy it retail just to show the mangakaist that YES WE DO LOVE THIS SERIES!!!

If someone happens to get the mangaka's email post it and we can see if we can pursuade him to try and continue it! I hate leaving this good of a series just sitting here like this.

This only gets a 9/10 just because they cancelled it and the ending was rushed. /me goes to bed crying that there's no more Mx0... :cry:
Signature Here.
Apr 16, 2010 10:59 AM
Jun 2008
well considering it was canceled, the author did a good job ending it. it looks like he learned about it very late considering the last few chapters, it actually looks like his preparing for another arc that time. doing a decent ending for just about 3 chapters when a new plot should had started easnt easy to do.
Apr 23, 2010 5:00 AM
Oct 2009
i hate the ending -_- . . .
May 6, 2010 9:49 PM

Apr 2010
it only really got good in the last quarter. it's a shame it had to end.
May 7, 2010 2:41 AM

Jul 2009
What a crap ending to a great manga.
But overall I liked this manga :)
あらあら。。。^^
May 15, 2010 11:27 PM
Apr 2009
damn...i wan a sequel of this!!
Dec 15, 2010 1:57 AM
Nov 2010
in the sequal kazumi needsto have ablackgoldplate and to do something stupid with it in a non magic place
Dec 21, 2010 4:09 PM
Dec 2010
chiori_lu said:
well considering it was canceled, the author did a good job ending it. it looks like he learned about it very late considering the last few chapters, it actually looks like his preparing for another arc that time. doing a decent ending for just about 3 chapters when a new plot should had started easnt easy to do.

I agree with this, it was actually one of the best endings he could make at that point. It was sad it had to end, but at least he finished it to the best of his ability.
Jan 20, 2011 8:09 PM
Aug 2010
Yup, truly sad it has to end at this point... But anyway, it was a great manga we shall remember.
Mar 15, 2011 3:21 PM

Sep 2008
i am unsatisfied with the ending. could have gone longer. like have an actual real antagonist...

Your worries may seem like the world, but compared to the world they don't even come close.
Mar 31, 2011 1:42 PM

Jan 2010
I've already finished reading it for the 4th time.Man I cried like a baby on the end. Thought the end is good on his way,but it must have a sequel. I'm looking forward to continuation.

May 28, 2011 10:18 AM

Oct 2010
what a bad ending.............
After he went through all these troubles , end up giving up his mo card and black card to change into normal card but yet the manga doesnt let us see how he progress .
sad ...........(T_T)
Signature Removed
Jun 23, 2011 8:35 AM

Apr 2009
Fuk this ended in 2008, the chance of sequel, god damn low
dam its a really great manga, end without good end or good romance
Jun 26, 2011 3:47 PM

Apr 2008
It is a decent ending if the manga was cancelled, but yea I didn't like the ending to much ether, but it was a decent manga overall.
Jul 24, 2011 5:12 AM
Jul 2011
This was one of the bestest manga i've ever readed.
I've found this ongoing petition on net for MxO.Maybe it will work.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/Mx0
Jul 27, 2011 5:44 PM

Jul 2011
The ending really was lacking only because i felt the manga could have gone on a lot longer,
we only got to see 1 of the 10 challenges, we was still a first year...
But, the manga wouldn't have been the same after he had gotten the gold plate.

i still wanted to see his reunion, after the year apart but, otherwise i guess i thought it was ok.
Jul 29, 2011 4:34 PM

Dec 2010
it was such a cool manga
some ppl where saying that the manga had to end cuz the author didnt have any ideas
i just lol at that, if he didnt have any ideas he wouldnt start the 10 challenges for the black m0 card
definatly one of the best mangas i have read
well the author released a new manga so the chance of Mx0 to continue are like 0,01% xD
but looking foward to the new series
Aug 16, 2011 10:25 PM
Aug 2011
in stead of making it so it a sequel after he gets his gold card it should show the trials and misunderstandings it took him 2 get it. and possibly something like a girl likes him and some stuff happens with hiiragi to make it a funny love triangle thing.
Sep 11, 2011 3:40 AM

Apr 2011
Damn what an ending, wished it wasn't.
Hope it gets an anime

Sep 12, 2011 7:42 AM

Dec 2010
I hope so to xD
Sep 12, 2011 11:23 AM

Jan 2011
Wow, what an ending.
We cheering for you Kuzumi! :D
Sep 27, 2011 9:33 PM
Aug 2009
Noooooo!!!!....i just reread it, and im still so heart broken that it was cancelled....it needs to be continued!!
Jan 1, 2012 10:10 AM

May 2009
it was very great and interesting til' the end
the endng left room for more
still waitin' for a sequel even though it ended 3-4 years ago
a sequel can still be made right?
the possibilities are endless in this world :)
Feb 24, 2012 3:22 AM

Oct 2010
what a craptastic ending... at least they should had made it a time laps where he come back with the freaking real gold play or something... but seriously just like that.
huh?
Apr 15, 2012 12:01 AM
Mar 2012
I'm so disappointed. I just finished this series and I had high hopes. I never saw this ending coming.

A sequel would restore my faith in humanity though...
May 1, 2012 5:46 PM

Nov 2011
Ye, I agree w/the ending, it was way too ambiguous. Still though, I loved this manga.
Jun 2, 2012 9:56 PM

Dec 2010
That was one of the worst endings to one of the greatest manga ever. GOD DAMNIT. It's 4 years now and no sequel yet... I'm so fucking sad.

Jul 19, 2012 11:29 PM
Jul 2012
Sigh ==".. This manga have a great potential, but they ruined it to a very bitter rest..
They rushed the end too fast without thinking twice! (Although they wasn't aware of the cancellation.. but STILL!).. >.<
There is a good side of making it ends like "that", you guys can make a 2nd season or sequel.. but there is one biggest failure on the bad sides of it!
First of all, the title of the manga is MxO (Without the "X" it would called as MO, so the "X" may refers to Black/Unknown) and it's very awesome title and gives full potential support to the story if the main character keep "MO" as the Plate with Black addition.. but the author lead it in such way into getting a Gold Plate.. which means no more "MO".. it's sad that you lead it away from the real potential.. what im talking is, people more likely to read that the main hero have Mastered both "MO" and "Black" addition.. being him able to stole and either Erase enemy magic.. it's very challenging way (1-time steal and erase) and a lot better than plain Gold Plate with/without "Black" addition.. to bad, you guys rushed it, and destroyed this potential, even if they making the 2nd season, the story wouldn't be as Spicy as the first one. Unless, that u have another great idea to come with!

well... even though it seems there wouldn't be a 2nd season of this, but i will always support if they decided to make it (although i think wouldn't be as better if it still using "MO" as the main plate). ^_^
Jul 30, 2012 11:02 PM

Jul 2012
WHYYYY??? UGH! It could've been soo gooood!!!
I mean, the ending was great for a rushed ending, but dang it! Friggen publishers...
Fan of the series? Check us out!
Aug 21, 2012 7:40 AM

Aug 2012
Best shonen imo, right after FMA. (Yeah I just shuned off Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Gurren Lagann and Fairy Tail). DBZ is a special case as I grew up reading it before any other manga.

So sad this was cancelled >_>

Oct 26, 2012 7:32 AM
Oct 2012
Hyusuke said:
I didn't realize chapter 99 was the last chapter until I updated my manga list here. It was a really great manga and I was really interested what was going to happen at the new school too.

Yasuhiro Kano is a great mangaka. I read all his works and I really hope he makes a sequel for Mx0

YEAHx3!!!! I AM REALLY HOPE TOO FOR THE SEQUEL.! argh! kinda sad the ending is like that. sigh~
Oct 26, 2012 7:37 AM
Oct 2012
Mann.. Can the author make the sequel for this manga(Mx0) :(.. and make it as an anime... PLEASE......................Im BEG u damn hard.. T_T :'( damn sad the ending is like that... sigh.

*sorry for my bad english >.<
Nov 6, 2012 6:28 PM

May 2010
He carried on with the lie till the very end lol
ConfuciusFeb 16, 2013 10:44 PM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 15, 2013 7:18 PM
Dec 2012
i still can't accept this manga ending like that. It just like,make me more curious about the Protagonist and heroine relationship. And i hope they'll make the anime of MxO (Although i know that almost impossible)
Feb 25, 2013 8:12 PM

Nov 2012
Why this manga have to be ended abruptly!? WHY! Taiga is one of few male characters that I actually like, and the female casts are all gorgeous.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Jun 19, 2013 12:34 AM

Mar 2012
Another garbage axed ending. This was good though.
Jun 30, 2013 2:05 AM

Aug 2012
I was hooked to this manga since chapter 1 and it's sad to see it being axed despite its huge potential and I believe it can compete with the biggest and overrated shounen mangas out there. If it was not cancelled, it'll probably have 300+ chapters.

I love this manga and I hope we'll be granted an anime adaptation to raise the probabilities of having a sequel.
Aug 31, 2014 3:45 PM
Jan 2012
This was a great manga. I read all 99 chapters today. It's a shame for it to end with so much potential for more. The ending was meh, but it didn't really ruin it or crush hope for a continuation. But after so much time, I doubt a continuation will ever happen.
Oct 30, 2014 12:51 AM

Jan 2014
I just finished reading Chapter 99 and, yeah, I got the feeling that the ending was kinda rushed.

There are some important but unanswered questions left and I couldn't help feeling that the mangaka was perhaps forced to leave them unanswered.

1) What are the other 9 levels to the Black Plate test?!? Damn! I really want to know!!! Ever since I saw the first one, I have been imagining what the other ones are going to be like! I even made up scenarios where Taiga performed lots of tasks for the Executive Committee to raise his M0 points, in order to prepare for the next Black Plate challenge. Kinda like an RPG game. Heh. But now we will never know.

2) Will Hiragi see her mother? Will she? I always assumed that the final story arc would have something to do with resurrecting the dead and the consequences of such a spell etc. But now we may never know.

3) How many of Taiga's classmates will retain their memories of magic after graduation? Even with the abrupt ending, I would say Taiga being a special case is pretty much a foregone conclusion, but I would like to know if his close friends will retain their magic as well.

4) And well, we see Taiga working hard but with this abrupt ending, we can only ASSUME that he will get a Gold Plate with a Black Plate upgrade. We don't KNOW if he really will.

Having said all that, I have one question for those of you who have read the manga till the very end. I think it was probably explained in one of the earlier chapters but I am still unsure. The question is:

Is there a special reason for Taiga to want to hold on to his M0 plate? Was it ever explained that it would be easier to upgrade his M0 plate to a Gold one in one shot and that if he upgraded his M0 to a colored plate right away after getting just enough points, it would be harder to slowly work his way up to a Gold Plate?

Or was it because his M0 ability gave him the ability to fight on par with strong magic users and thus vital to his work as a Committee member?
Dec 16, 2014 8:03 AM

May 2010
Spade said:
That ending was a typical "We have to end this quickly" ending. Even if it comes back with a time-skip, it won't be Mx0 anymore if he gets that gold plate. Without a Kuzumi who has to sneak his way through all those mages, it will be boring.

I agree .. Because it's Mx0 , it has to be Kuzumi without Magic/Gold Plate . Getting through many hardships when facing a strong enemy and then overcome it in a roundabout way or another then acting all high and mighty with all those COOL LINES .. That's why we found it interesting . If he really get the Gold Plate then it would cease to be Mx0 . Though it's true that it's impossible to continue the farce within 3 whole years . But still it has to be the Kuzumi without Magic .
But in my opinion , the ending was Good especially the whole class roaring when they found out that Kuzumi was transferring .

[spoiler]
Such BEAUTIFUL FRIENDSHIP
EnoyannDec 16, 2014 8:08 AM
Feb 14, 2015 1:16 PM

Jun 2014
This is a good manga, I wonder why the author ended it this way.
I'd say this was better than rosario to vampire, but the last few chapters were out of nowhere. Just random event in the school.
Aika being close with Daimou is bs and Taiga gave Mizuki a false hope. Lol
Aika and Taiga need a conclusion, still no real evidence if Aika is in love with Taiga. =[

Taiga is funny and awesome mc, he's not op but at the same time not a pussy. Most of the time he wins by luck. Lol

6/10
blessofcurseFeb 14, 2015 4:55 PM
Jul 1, 2015 9:07 PM

Dec 2014
Wa... The heck with that ending...
And a partial Tokita face appearance?
And the 3rd year guy with the "hand" spell, who is he talking to?
The heck...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mx0 Chapter 30 Discussion

Antanaru - Jan 24, 2009

3 by nidoqueen106_2 »»
Jul 13, 8:49 AM

» Why was this cancelled/ended prematurely? ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Sep 4, 2008

94 by TitanInsane »»
May 15, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Mx0 Chapter 57 Discussion

joe_g7 - Mar 12, 2017

1 by TitanInsane »»
May 14, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Mx0 Chapter 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 19, 2010

6 by CJPlayz33 »»
Nov 8, 2023 6:28 PM

Poll: » Mx0 Chapter 1 Discussion

TechDragon - Oct 12, 2008

9 by CJPlayz33 »»
Nov 8, 2023 6:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.