Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 5, 2023 10:44 AM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
Ima two years of production and this is what they gave us.

kizumi91Nov 5, 2023 11:49 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 5, 2023 11:22 AM
Oct 2021
whats ugly about it?
Nov 5, 2023 11:28 AM
Jun 2022
Wit would of done so much better
Nov 5, 2023 11:30 AM

Feb 2020
^ Yeah, I agree with this one.
Nov 5, 2023 11:34 AM
Jun 2020
wit aot always will be >>>>> mappa's
Nov 5, 2023 11:44 AM
Aug 2022
juerz said:

Lmao that doesn’t even make sense, I think Wit > Mappa.
Nov 5, 2023 11:52 AM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
Reply to Mowskyie
whats ugly about it?
@Mowskyie ugly draw of distorted facial expression, even the notorious Boruto one looks better than this shit
Nov 5, 2023 11:57 AM

Jul 2013
Umm....you're literally picking up the scenes of people's emotions. These are literally the emotions people have with ugly faces on.

Jean and Armin crying - ugly faces, fits
Eren getting punched - ugly face (watch slow-mo videos of people getting punched, it looks ugly af)

The manga is also like this.

Yes WIT may have done it better but you are not the dictator of the anime industry so stop crying over it. Also to get WIT level of quality you need fuck ton of time (we would have finished the anime in 2030).
Nov 5, 2023 12:20 PM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
Reply to HellindiuM
Umm....you're literally picking up the scenes of people's emotions. These are literally the emotions people have with ugly faces on.

Eren getting punched - ugly face (watch slow-mo videos of people getting punched, it looks ugly af)

Yes WIT may have done it better but you are not the dictator of the anime industry so stop crying over it. Also to get WIT level of quality you need fuck ton of time (we would have finished the anime in 2030).
HellindiuM said:

I'm talking about the quality of drawing only, and please don't bring the Manga as a shield to defend it. You know, Isayama doesn't know to draw.
This is how distorted face should be properly animated.

HellindiuM said:
Wit animted 59 eps and some OVAs, Specials in 6 years while MAPPA animated 35 eps in 4 years. So which studio spent more time on their production? And complaining about something is equal to crying, lmao don't be ridiculous man.
Nov 5, 2023 1:02 PM

Apr 2015
Everyone else is debating on the ending and bro out here trying to pick out non existential animation problems, Lmao.
But seriously this is the only person I've seen talk about the animation, There's always someone I guess.
Nov 5, 2023 1:11 PM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
@SO_Nu Seems like I accidentally triggered an AOT stan. If you want your opinion to be more convincing, you better give it a good analysis than just saying cAusE u dOn'T UndeRstAnD It. Look at the first image, how am I about to tell people Jean is only 19 years old when dude looks like 60 year old gramp.
There's various examples where characters' faces look better in similar situations.
Nov 5, 2023 1:15 PM

Mar 2023
Wit did AoT better, but Mappa is still top tier.
Nov 5, 2023 1:16 PM

Jul 2016
Bro thinks people should look gorgeous when they get punched, think their father has just died and have decided to kill their friend 😂
Penguins are funny
Nov 5, 2023 1:17 PM
Jan 2020
kizumi91 said:
@SO_Nu Seems like I accidentally triggered an AOT stan. If you want your opinion to be more convincing, you better give it a good analysis than just saying cAusE u dOn'T UndeRstAnD It. Look at the first image, how am I about to tell people Jean is only 19 years old when dude looks like 60 year old gramp.
There's various examples where characters' faces look better in similar situations.

I mean you can clearly see what the character is feeling through the expression and the 19 year old thing it's just a difference in character designs and you should have not taken JoJo as an example lol , middle school jotaro looks like a full fledged adult what about that huh
Nov 5, 2023 1:25 PM
Dec 2021
Two years? Actually? 6 month but..okay
Nov 5, 2023 1:28 PM
Mar 2021
I mean...
if 6-7 months are taken for 60-70 minutes of anime....
I would hope it to be better in face simulation where there is a lot of focus....
Nov 5, 2023 1:33 PM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
SO_Nu said:
I mean you can clearly see what the character is feeling through the expression and the 19 year old thing it's just a difference in character designs and you should have not taken JoJo as an example lol , middle school jotaro looks like a full fledged adult what about that huh
lmao Jean doesn't look like an old man in the first place but the awful drawings make him like that. Jotaro is instead an actual example of design matter.

Bejitto said:
Well, I'm including the first episode.
Nov 5, 2023 1:35 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to kizumi91
HellindiuM said:

I'm talking about the quality of drawing only, and please don't bring the Manga as a shield to defend it. You know, Isayama doesn't know to draw.

HellindiuM said:
Wit animted 59 eps and some OVAs, Specials in 6 years while MAPPA animated 35 eps in 4 years. So which studio spent more time on their production? And complaining about something is equal to crying, lmao don't be ridiculous man.
kizumi91 said:

This image from JoJo looks horrible. Is that your standard? There's nothing being distorted from the face being punched except the lip. Even the right eye looks normal just covered with the cheek flesh. I think you need a better example.

Also do understand that MAPPA as a lot of other shows - Vinland Saga S2, Jujutsi Kaisan S2, Chainsaw man, Jigokuraku. These are all action oriented and have a good production quality (with dips here and there).

It doesn't look that bad. Every studio cannot be WiT, KyoAni or Ghibli.
Nov 5, 2023 1:38 PM
Jan 2020
kizumi91 said:
SO_Nu said:
lmao Jean doesn't look like an old man in the first place but the awful drawings make him like that. Jotaro is instead an actual example of design matter.

Bejitto said:

awful drawing really !! , my god bro I think you try drawing a ugly crying character yourself and then talk about others that would actually help you appreciated drawing like this more.
Nov 5, 2023 1:43 PM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
Yeah I get it. I do miss the beautiful animation from seasons 1-3
Nov 5, 2023 1:48 PM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
Reply to HellindiuM
kizumi91 said:

This image from JoJo looks horrible. Is that your standard? There's nothing being distorted from the face being punched except the lip. Even the right eye looks normal just covered with the cheek flesh. I think you need a better example.

Also do understand that MAPPA as a lot of other shows - Vinland Saga S2, Jujutsi Kaisan S2, Chainsaw man, Jigokuraku. These are all action oriented and have a good production quality (with dips here and there).

It doesn't look that bad. Every studio cannot be WiT, KyoAni or Ghibli.

HellindiuM said:
There's nothing being distorted from the face being punched except the lip. Even the right eye looks normal just covered with the cheek flesh. I think you need a better example
Since you asked

And I guess you should also provide your examples.
kizumi91Nov 5, 2023 1:52 PM
Nov 5, 2023 1:50 PM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
Reply to SO_Nu
kizumi91 said:
SO_Nu said:

Bejitto said:

awful drawing really !! , my god bro I think you try drawing a ugly crying character yourself and then talk about others that would actually help you appreciated drawing like this more.
SO_Nu said:
lmao what's your problem again, your idea is the same thing as a customer shouldn't be allowed to complain about the food's quality if he can't cook.
Nov 5, 2023 1:55 PM
Jan 2020
kizumi91 said:
SO_Nu said:
lmao what's your problem again, your idea is the same thing as a customer shouldn't be allowed to complain about the food's quality if he can't cook.

I think I gave a bad example here, here other example you should go and see your crying face in the mirror this might help
Nov 5, 2023 2:02 PM
Heavy Sleeper

Jun 2009
Reply to SteamedPlague
Bro thinks people should look gorgeous when they get punched, think their father has just died and have decided to kill their friend 😂
It is not the first time Eren is getting sucker-punched by Armin. But this time they made him look comically ugly on purpose, to humiliate his character even further, to portray him as a total loser and an idiot. It has nothing to do with realism.

Nov 5, 2023 2:04 PM
Jul 2019
Mappa is the absolute worst right now. Lifeless adaptations without any color or personality. Kinda fitting for this trash ass anime tho
Nov 5, 2023 2:12 PM

Nov 2015
Because the manga is ugly.

And when people cry or get punched in the face in real life they look ugly.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Nov 5, 2023 2:13 PM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
Reply to SO_Nu
kizumi91 said:
SO_Nu said:

I think I gave a bad example here, here other example you should go and see your crying face in the mirror this might help
@SO_Nu wo wow, insulting people when you can't came up with any better argument, not a good move 👎
Nov 5, 2023 2:13 PM
Dec 2021
kizumi91 said:
SO_Nu said:

Bejitto said:

Why not include all the years since the series started airing ?
Nov 5, 2023 2:16 PM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
Reply to Bejitto
kizumi91 said:
SO_Nu said:

Bejitto said:

Why not include all the years since the series started airing ?
@Bejitto they aren't from the same cour, not necessary to do that.
Nov 5, 2023 2:38 PM

Apr 2013
sounds like a you issue, but if in doubt then you can always prove it to us
do it better go on.
UiaiNov 6, 2023 7:41 PM
Nov 5, 2023 2:45 PM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
Reply to Uiai
sounds like a you issue, but if in doubt then you can always prove it to us
do it better go on.
@Uiai Not just my issue, many people in this thread agreed with me. The disagreement only came from AOT's diehard.
Nov 5, 2023 3:10 PM
Mar 2016
People like kizumi91 is an example of how a cringe pssy would complain about these things. Describing the works of many artists as "ugly" is not very nice of you. Who hurt you bro?
Nov 5, 2023 3:12 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to kizumi91
@kizumi91, if you criticize AoT and its ending, they gonna say you don't understand AoT. That's who they are. They act as if AoT is deep with this atrocious conclusion.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Nov 5, 2023 3:24 PM

Oct 2013
I wouldn't say ugly, but hmm... specific, haha. I guess that's because of a huge amount of close-ups during very emotional moments, resulting in various, expressionate face expressions. I liked them myself, by the way. But I can also see why they could've felt as awkward for some other people.

Edit: oof, sorry for triple post. My Internet connection went funny and I sent three the same posts, lol. I've deleted the duplicates.
Nov 5, 2023 5:14 PM
Mar 2021
Honestly guys give them a break. They did great work on all of season 4 and a good amount of this last episode looked amazing and you want to pick out a few frames and say it looked ugly? Just have a little respect for the people who worked hard on this anime and did a great job adapting it
Nov 5, 2023 5:18 PM

Dec 2012
In the bottom right picture, Armin be like "I'm gonna bang Annie after this.'

NO! I DON'T WANT THAT! MY BEST FRIEND GETTING LAID BEFORE ME???
Nov 5, 2023 8:11 PM
Jun 2023
UnfunnyKing said:
juerz said:

Lmao that doesn’t even make sense, I think Wit > Mappa.

yoooo facts wit did a better job, mappa was still pretty good until the last episode
Nov 5, 2023 8:21 PM

Sep 2020
Still looks better than you.
Nov 5, 2023 8:23 PM
Oct 2022
Well what we can do now ?

Armin shot was funny, like if he's making that troll face to troll erens breakdown

but yeah jean & eren face afterwards that slap was ugly , you also forgot that Erwin shot where he looks like he starved for straight week and weak .
Nov 6, 2023 1:29 AM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
Reply to neggawat
People like kizumi91 is an example of how a cringe pssy would complain about these things. Describing the works of many artists as "ugly" is not very nice of you. Who hurt you bro?
@neggawat the art itself hurts my eyes, and how can it be fine when they complained about Boruto's crying face when I'm not seriously?
Nov 6, 2023 1:35 AM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
Reply to Firewithlemon
Honestly guys give them a break. They did great work on all of season 4 and a good amount of this last episode looked amazing and you want to pick out a few frames and say it looked ugly? Just have a little respect for the people who worked hard on this anime and did a great job adapting it
@Firewithlemon the scenes with Jean, Armin happen for almost a whole minute, not just a few frames. I appreciate the animators btw but I'm gonna blame MAPPA themselves for putting too many works on them.
Nov 6, 2023 1:38 AM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
Reply to ZXEAN
Still looks better than you.
@ZXEAN Have you seen my face? And what's with the comparison between a real human and an Anime character? Is this the best argument you guys can get lmao?
Nov 6, 2023 6:30 AM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
Abzy1239 said:
they were working their asses off and you are saying it looks ugly
Hard work and quality aren't two equal terms, you can not say your food is top-notch just because you cooked it for 10 hours.
Nov 6, 2023 7:19 AM
Dec 2019
Pretty sure I've seen these faces in aot before, and no one said nothing about it.
Nov 6, 2023 11:06 AM
Feb 2019
They all look good, what you on about?
Nov 6, 2023 7:43 PM

Apr 2013
Reply to kizumi91
@Uiai Not just my issue, many people in this thread agreed with me. The disagreement only came from AOT's diehard.
@kizumi91 idk I see only one post saying "why is this so ugly" and it's you, so don't try to shift the blame on others by saying "many" and admit you are the only one that dislikes it, nothing wrong with saying your opinion.
Nov 6, 2023 7:56 PM
Nov 2015
Reply to Uiai
@kizumi91 idk I see only one post saying "why is this so ugly" and it's you, so don't try to shift the blame on others by saying "many" and admit you are the only one that dislikes it, nothing wrong with saying your opinion.
@Uiai I agree its really really ugly. Having said that it kinda fits due to how much of a loser and pathetic eren is 🤣
Nov 6, 2023 10:46 PM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
Reply to Uiai
@Uiai because most people don't bother to take their time to capture any ugly frames like me, get it? There's only 1 negative review doesn't imply there's only 1 people dislike it.
Nov 6, 2023 11:57 PM

Apr 2013
Taking screenshots of deformed faces and calling it bad doesn't really prove anything.
Saying that, I still agree that Wit would've done better. MAPPA relies too much on CGI and the quality isn't as good in general.
Nov 7, 2023 12:01 AM

May 2016
Reply to Gator
Taking screenshots of deformed faces and calling it bad doesn't really prove anything.
Saying that, I still agree that Wit would've done better. MAPPA relies too much on CGI and the quality isn't as good in general.
@Gator
Gator said:

I do agree with my beloved friend here, however, i am very satisfied with what i saw in comparison with the manga the animation looks nearly the same. I do not know if this is what they have been trying to achieve but they were on a point
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 4, 2023

1503 by Oritroje »»
Yesterday, 6:42 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2023

1050 by AnimeBinger6969 »»
Sep 21, 11:44 PM

Poll: » did eren died a...

removed-user - Aug 12

2 by asdewqw3erfgt »»
Aug 30, 4:20 AM

» Recap (?) Movie

tsubasalover - Aug 17

18 by thunderkitten13 »»
Aug 18, 8:42 AM

» One of the Ending’s Biggest Issues for Me (Spoiler Alert).

no_comparisonBM - Aug 1

43 by Anime_4_life227 »»
Aug 12, 2:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.