Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 10, 2022 7:44 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Almond's return is all I needed this season.
Also, I knew a Cedric redemption arc was coming, but I'm surprised he accepted any punishment rather then brashly siding with Lilia.
Dec 10, 2022 7:58 PM
Jan 2020
Could have done a 13th episode instead of rushing it. At least it was able to wrap things up in case there isn't a season 2.
Dec 10, 2022 10:05 PM

Oct 2016
I really enjoyed this show, I honestly enjoyed it more than Hamefura, but that's mostly because of Aileen, she's fucking great. The pacing after the first arc did feel kind of whack though, which is a shame.

Damn, Almond was unexpectedly busted though. Cedric redemption arc too, I really liked him in this arc, I've forgiven the lad and I blame everything that's happened on Lilia. But respect to Cedric for being accountable.

I heard this was only volume 3 and that there's currently 10 volumes out, wtf I thought this was already the end lmao. I really hope we get a second season then. 7.5/10
Dec 10, 2022 10:09 PM
Jun 2016
Is it so much to ask for a kiss scene, it's all I wanted from this last episode
。・゜・(ノД`)・゜・。
Dec 10, 2022 10:30 PM

Mar 2022
this anime has a good ending i really had fun watching this anime

Dec 10, 2022 11:43 PM
Aug 2018
the king decides death penalty if aileen gets close to claude,

but lilia (most rotten character) with all her crimes is just imprisoned, and doesn't get any humiliation ???? Honestly I'm disappointed, Lilia should have died

But the happy ending for Aileen and Claude treats my disappointment
Dec 11, 2022 1:25 AM

Oct 2017
I think the ending is a bit rushed,
Overall is good my only disappointment is lilia didnt get what she deserve 💢, I thought she will get dead sentence or get exiled from the country

Dec 11, 2022 1:59 AM

Mar 2012
The last arc felt a bit rushed but overall enjoyed the anime.
Dec 11, 2022 4:34 AM

Jun 2015
Now that was a show.

'He's been trained!'

'Please mind your phrasing...'

Im lost in the sqeepig but we are hitting a 4.81
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 11, 2022 5:01 AM

Apr 2012
Anyone know if this will get a 2nd season?
Dec 11, 2022 6:04 AM

May 2020
So, Elephas works for that Loli Empress. But the damn screw likes Lilia. I like how Aileen looks at him when he confesses he likes Lilia one-sided. Elephas gives his left eye to remove the spell cast on Claude. The battle ensues between the former protagonist and the current protagonist, until bam. I never believed Almond died.

Claude is back and Aileen cries, just like how he always said he'd make her. Then comes the wedding, damn, Claude has his hair braided. Never did I expect to see a male protagonist braiding the hair. And, what the hell is HAPPY BAD ENDING? That's so damn hilarious.

Overall, this anime was a nice watch. Definitely worth the watch. And as ever, loved the ending.
Dec 11, 2022 8:10 AM
Jul 2010
I haven’t read the light novels and only read the manga. When I found out that there was an anime being released and that the manga only covered a small piece of the light novels I got super excited that there was more. Honestly though, I’ve been pretty disappointed because to me this entire anime felt super rushed. There was not a lot of character development for the side characters and they threw one right in after the other. Then this last episode crammed in a battle, marriage, and an afterwards of what happened to the other characters. I think they should have fleshed out the other arcs more and not gotten into this one. It feels bare bones.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?
Dec 11, 2022 11:00 AM

Feb 2013
This was pretty good. I’m a little torn. I feel like as a whole, it deserves at least an 7/10

But….I don’t know…my total enjoyment felt like something was lacking. So I’m giving it a 6/10

Just my personal rating, no arguments about it being better or worse, because they are probably both valid.
Dec 11, 2022 12:14 PM
Oct 2018
Thought we're in a CLAMP manga for a moment, when the guy suddenly lost his eye
Dec 11, 2022 12:29 PM

Nov 2018
Result for this whole season will be 7/10
And this will be MID anime for this season
Dec 11, 2022 1:06 PM
Oct 2020
THATS IT?????????????????? i feel like almond being so op was a lil misplaced lol and it felt a little rushed but i loved this series fr
Dec 11, 2022 6:06 PM

Mar 2013
I finally got the time to watch this last episode... >_<

Wonderful, still wonderful as I hoped this to be.

I really enjoyed the ride and I really appreciate this story. Even if the pacing was rather fast in the beginning, it was worthwhile to wait every week for each episode.

Almond still being alived was quite surprising and touching.

Claude and Aileen finally get married, and Cedric finally gets hitched with Lilia but in the prison though... RIP lol

However, Cedric still did not complain and still loved Lilia even until the end and Lilia's expression on that scene was terribly awe-inspiring. Lilia is still loved by Cedric even with all of her wrongdoings. What a wonderful guy to be. I salute!

P.S. I would have loved to see more of Selena but I guess I won't...

CrazyButNot4UDec 11, 2022 6:12 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 11, 2022 7:01 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was a nice final episode, really enjoyed the fight between Lilia and Aileen, it was pretty much a lightsaber battle but that’s part of why it was awesome lol, and it was great to see Almond save the day after being thought to be dead. And although the empress wasn’t that relevant in all this, she ended up losing her youthful look thanks to Aileen and Elephas which was kinda satisfying lol. And we finally got that wedding between Claude and Aileen with all the characters we’ve come to know there to see it, tho I don’t wish Lilia died I think there could have been a more satisfying end for her instead of just being locked up, I would have liked to see her learn to see the people around her as people and not just game characters, but seeing her and Cedric in cuffs was nice lol, I’m surprised the man still loves her but more power to him.

This was a really fun show, it didn’t quite beat “My Next life as a Villainess” for me but it still slapped. Really enjoyed Aileen as the MC, a very great female lead, and her relationship with Claude never got old. And although the arcs were all kinda fast paced I really enjoyed them all, but if I had to pick a least favorite it would probably be this last arc, I just wasn’t super into the whole Claude losing his memories thing, it also seemed the most all over the place of the arcs too, but I did still enjoy it of course. And I really liked both the OP and ED, and that ED is probably one of the bests of the season imo, it was always a head bopper.

I’d like to see another season of this for sure, and I’d definitely love to see some more otome game shows in the future because these are really fun. Also can’t believe this is my first Fall 2022 show to end, it doesn’t feel real that this season is ending soon.
TheColonel76Dec 11, 2022 7:13 PM
Dec 11, 2022 8:16 PM

Aug 2019
Really sad that this is over now lol I enjoyed this way more than I thought I would. Lillia is off to prison to think about everything she's done and may or may not realize that she just screwed her life. Ha! >:D
Dec 11, 2022 10:18 PM

Apr 2019
it feels like a lot has happened throughout this episode but everything just happened so fast that it feels very rushed and we never really got to know why Lillia was doing this stuff in the first place, it's like she's just written to be the antagonist of this novel/anime, she just wants to kill people because she felt like it and she wants to ruin Aileen's life for no reason, there's just nothing to her, it's like she's hollow and the ending was just meh, didn't feel anything special, the series' early episodes and buildup was good but the last episode just kinda sucked
Dec 12, 2022 1:37 AM
Apr 2017
The power of love is nice and all, but Almonds are nuts and not dues ex machina. It was a cute show (it could've been paced better).
Dec 12, 2022 6:16 AM

Oct 2010
Rushed to the point of not making sense anymore.
ED and MC were good though.
Dec 12, 2022 9:56 AM

Dec 2016
The battle between the heroines ended to easily :/ Was waiting for a little more challenging battle.

Having Lilia and Cedric attend Claude and Aileen's weeding while handcuffed is next level humiliation. Love it!
Overall, I give this a 7/10. I wish I could see Claude and Aileen kiss at the weeding...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 12, 2022 4:51 PM
Nov 2011
Well alls well that ends well, was hoping the nonsense would stretch out longer, this coudl have easily been stretched into three seasons if they'd wanted to.

btw going to prison is such an easy punishment. make her work as a street sweeper or some other menial task instead.
VeretaxDec 12, 2022 4:55 PM
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Dec 13, 2022 1:05 AM

Feb 2022
Too many arcs for 12 episodes, each arc felt more rushed than the last. The first arc was the best and honestly I would have rather them expand that arc to 12 episodes and flesh out characters more than this rush job filled with characters that got very little time to shine. The seconds arcs characters being in the third felt worthless, just background like "yup they still are here for some reason". Lilia was a sociopath and since she viewed the world as a game even though she was living in it she "played" the game. That said I honestly don't buy her as a villain or character. her over the top nature just takes me out of it.

Anyway this last episode ended okay, funny to see Lilia in chains. That said I'm curious if this happy ending is anime original since the novel is still ongoing or if there are even more video game based arcs that Lilia will somehow ruin.
Dec 13, 2022 11:32 AM

Nov 2012
Cedrc should've received a lighter sentence than Lila for helping. Honestly, Lilia should be put to death.
Dec 13, 2022 1:37 PM
Feb 2020
So, so RUSHED. I'm so disappointed. This anime could have done with being twice the length it was. I really enjoyed the back and forth, will-they-won't-they of Claude and Aileen's romance but the end was really unfulfilling. They didn't even kiss at the end. 6/10 for me.
Dec 14, 2022 12:21 AM
Sep 2021
So hard to see it end, I enjoyed it so much. Very light-hearted and the drama isn't even dramatic.
Dec 14, 2022 4:19 AM
Apr 2022
liked the first 2, 3 episode, they were 7/10 for me but gradually lost interest in the rest, so 6/10. love the ED, it slaps
Dec 14, 2022 7:34 AM

May 2016
I liked it, to be the female counterpart of the isekai of the broken protagonist it was quite good, I liked the romance and such in general very enjoyable.
Satisfied with the ending, it leaves me nothing to be desired, I'll assume that this is an original ending because the novel has 9 volumes and is still being published, so I'm going to read it taking advantage of the fact that it's licensed in English because the truth is I'm left wanting more.
The Opening was good, but the ending was GOD.
Dec 14, 2022 3:07 PM

Jun 2016
felixsifuri said:

You are absolutely right, almond.

Almond is definitely the best character of the series.
I liked this series, sometimes even more than Hamefura, even though Otome genre probably is not totally my thing, but I like the fairytale vibes, wholesome and relaxing shows, and I will continue to watch similar series I think... XD
So is the story really ended? we'll miss Aileen, Rieri has done a great job as always.
Dec 14, 2022 3:19 PM
Aug 2019
Way too fast, even for a final episode.
Dec 14, 2022 8:22 PM
Oct 2022
An amazing wrap up of the anime.
Dec 14, 2022 11:51 PM
Mar 2019
Almond for the win!

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
― H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

Dec 15, 2022 8:15 AM

Jul 2016
Almond to the rescue!!!

Actually enjoyed this series more than I thought I would.
Dec 15, 2022 3:53 PM
Oct 2013
First couple episode are okay, the rest is shit. Wouldn't recommend!
3/10 very bad.
Dec 16, 2022 2:44 PM
Feb 2021
I really loved watching this anime. There was a good amount of fun and emotion to create an incredible thing.
The end is a little bit disappointing but in the same time I wasn't really expecting something in particular so it's good
Dec 17, 2022 2:05 AM

Aug 2021
amazing absouletely loved it hope season 2 comes soon
Dec 19, 2022 2:19 PM

May 2020
I still want to know this part of this plot
Dec 21, 2022 3:35 PM

Nov 2020
ialex32 said:
mangocuties said:

Towards the end when Elephas was getting his eye back from Claude, they explained that Almond was placed under a state of thanatosis by Elephas, which is like death-feigning/ immobility (had to google since I didn't know what it was).

Ah classic, making it up after the fact and explaining it later so you can safely just undo prior plot points. Honestly, a pretty good metaphor for this series in general.

Yess, finally someone who says this. It was a pretty good show, especially at start, but the ending is so shit dude, no inspiration. A critical situation and a character who was supposed to be dead comes and saves the day and everyone is happy! What a shitty finale.
Dec 21, 2022 9:44 PM

Nov 2009
Huh...

They somehow fell into Elephas's Hometown and gets captured...

Meanwhile the Holy Sword can steal other people's magic power, hmm...

BTW... what coup is this again? I thought the Sorcerer people were already taken by the Empire?... shouldn't the coup be at the imperial capital instead of a town?

___ ___ ___

Also, Selena is trying to redeem herself by going against Lilia. Since Selena realized Lilia is the bad one here.

Also Also... apparently the Empress has been doing Wallhammer God Emperor style to steal the life forces of sorcerers to keep her youth... Fuck this Human Kingdom... just let Demon Lord turn into a Dragon and destroy it. (fuck the god emperor, that's right, I said it)

Then we're going with a Holy Sword vs Holy Sword fight.... huh...

And looks like almond isn't dead dead after all, lol (weird tho... cause didn't he get dissipated by Lilia earlier? while Claude was holding him and Lilia attacked Claude...)

Also... Lilia gave up just like that at the end?

___ ___ ___

And... they ended the series with "Disney style"... with the fanfare and giant "FIN"... and now that I think about it... the ED for this series looks similar to Disney's Hercules huh...

But I guess they wanted to make it a sort of "end" even tho the story is still going.

This pretty much suggests there might not be a second season...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 24, 2022 6:09 AM
Mar 2022
it is a nice anime, definitely loved the mc her personality
Dec 24, 2022 1:42 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Happy ending for the main couple, and a fairly decent conclusion overall.

Got to say though, the series really failed after the first entertaining arc. Pacing just went off the roof and some of the mid arcs just felt boring, to be frank.

Nevertheless, Aileen’s antics were entertaining enough to keep me engaged ig. Lilia finally getting her deserved treatment. Didn’t expect to see Hanazawa Kana-san playing the role of an antagonist, but it was pretty nice lol. 

Loved both the Op and ED. It’s not enough we get to hear Accamer’s themes even though they’re so good, pity. As for the Op, I honestly thought it was Sangatsu no Phantasm the first time I heard it but of course Takahashi Rie-san’s got it too.

Generous 6/10 from here.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 24, 2022 11:39 PM

Aug 2014
A fitting end for this series. I like it!
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Dec 25, 2022 2:30 AM

Jul 2008
This was a nice anime and the end was so Disney-like. XD

However, I just hope this doesn't get a second season. I don't want a second Hamefura S2…
My candies:
Dec 25, 2022 8:32 PM
Jun 2022
very happy ending
Dec 27, 2022 2:37 AM
Feb 2015
I really wished Lilia had a worse punishment and I pity Cedric.
Dec 29, 2022 1:52 AM
Mar 2016
Oh man Nino my love. I recognized that Nino's voice actress anywhere. Holy Sh(Beep)t. as of the time of this writing. we only have 11 episodes in eng dub so far. I watched the first 11 episodes in english dub. but I watched episode 12 in japanese voice & english Substitle. when I heard Gilbert, Selena's voice. I immediately recognized it's Nino's Voice from Quintessential and Kei from Classroom of the Elite and Yuki's Wife. Holy Sh(Beep)t I felt so excited when I was able to tell immediately my favourite character's voice. She's never change her voice acting role huh? still act exactly the same voice actor.
Dec 29, 2022 10:24 AM
Mar 2021
I hate anime trope where the bad guy gets away with all kinds of non stop. Lilia should have been executed, fuck she should have been murdered after her first attempt. Nobody is this stupid the writers are insulting its audience.
Dec 30, 2022 12:36 PM

Dec 2020
Seems like a normal good end ending, I was just thinking how funny it would be if she just randomly died while talking about how bright the future looks now.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou nano de Last Boss wo Kattemimashita Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 26, 2022

57 by Ariali »»
Apr 29, 8:43 PM

» Disappointing ending (spoiler)

MavikBow - Dec 15, 2022

18 by ScrewFiction »»
Mar 19, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou nanode Last Boss wo Kattemimashita Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

OrangeRafi - Sep 17, 2022

210 by testamentKAISER »»
Mar 16, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou nano de Last Boss wo Kattemimashita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 19, 2022

62 by adbeaver »»
Jan 30, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou nano de Last Boss wo Kattemimashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 12, 2022

80 by adbeaver »»
Jan 29, 8:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.