Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 12, 8:49 PM

Jan 2018
An exposition heavy episode. It focused more on the aftermath of Rimuru's battle with Clayman and him becoming a Demon Lord.

Some parts of it were interesting. But it’s pretty wild Rimuru and his friends didn’t even appear properly in this episode.
Apr 12, 9:10 PM

Feb 2020
Hinata and the church talk like npcs... what
Apr 12, 9:44 PM
Apr 2023
It's nice that the different parties have received the news in time. A lot of arrogant intents were momentarily stalled for the time being.
They really weren't expecting Rimuru to become a Demon Lord back then and most of them were dismissing Rimuru as just a self-proclaimed 'leader' and some were just saying that he is just riding on Veldora's strength but now they know he is a new world power. Can't wait for the anime to get at least closer to how it is in the LN right now.
Apr 12, 10:52 PM

May 2021
Good episode, I appreciate the slow build up we're getting this season. It's making for a bigger payoff later this season. Loving the Luminous x Hinata lore. Really excited to see where this goes with Diablo being the one pulling the strings in Falmuth.

Only thing that didn't hit right for me this week was the OP. I can't quite put my finger on it but this season's OP isn't really to my liking. Hopefully it grows on me but as of right now I can't say it's playlist worthy.

22 more episodes incoming, I'm hyped up.
Apr 12, 10:58 PM

Sep 2018
I liked the episode though it was a lot of dialogue without much of any action. 4/5 to 3/5
Apr 13, 12:01 AM

Apr 2019
Another great episode, lots of politics come into play within the nations on how to deal with Rimuru and Veldora and their nation in the Jura forest, lots of interesting stuff
Apr 13, 7:50 AM

Apr 2009
So Hinata is probably the who and how of the "poke" of their response? And who/what are these angels they're referring to?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 13, 8:24 AM
Jun 2007
Hmm some backstory of Hinata and Luminous.
Apr 13, 10:53 AM
May 2015
I don't understand how, but I actually really enjoyed this episode even though it was just talking the whole time.
Apr 13, 12:19 PM

May 2020
Roy Valentine is killed by Yuuki’s clown. Demon Lord Valentine seems to run a smooth town herself, but doesn’t seem to like Rimuru doing the same for the monsters.

Hinata is her lackey, and I realised it now. So she knows an eastern merchant, and that he’s been misguiding her. She reflects on her interaction with Rimuru. I wonder if she’ll approach Rimuru herself.

I wonder what this whole thing on angels is about. Guess it’ll be one of the enemies in the future.

Falmuth King abdicates the throne to his brother. I thought Youm was to be the king 🤔. Whatever, Diablo and the King signed the agreement.
Apr 13, 2:46 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Ah second episode of slime and albeit it being a slow episode there was some backstories and learn more about the enemies plans of how they are all going forward against Rimuru’s country. Interesting to see where this will go from here.
Apr 13, 3:35 PM

Jan 2008
Ah, so they explained that it was a new moon, making Valentine weaker and thus why he lost. Yeah, I'm not satisfied. I still think it's stupid that Laplis was easily able to kill him like it was taking candy from a baby.

I hope everyone in Kagali's party dies like Clayman. I hate clowns, especially the Kansai-accent bastard and Yuuki.

Ironic that the Holy Church empire which sees monsters as humanity's common enemy, is run by literal monsters, namely vampire demon lords.

I see that Hinata is starting to realize the informant is using her against Rimuru. Although she's still too stubborn and continues to reject everything that Rimuru has said about himself to her, likely still believing he skilled Shizu. Hinata eats up that fake news like the average voter.

Who the hell is hero Masayuki? I don't think they introduced him yet. So Falmuth king will abdicate the throne to his younger brother Edward who secretly is happy about it. I wonder how Youm will eventually become king.
Apr 13, 3:50 PM
Jul 2022
Nice episode, its good to see how Rimiru is perceived by other nations and their leaders.
Apr 13, 3:57 PM
May 2013
Too much talk, not action and no main characters. I dislike fillers.
Apr 13, 5:06 PM
Feb 2021
Not bad but is boring
Apr 14, 2:43 AM
Feb 2022
Hinata sakaguchi chan graced this episode with her face and some story and Luminous valentine chan thank God she's having her face and story in the show already
love
can't wait to see Milim Nava chan
rimuru's confidence and aura hakibis still with him and probably going to get more evolved and interesting
Apr 14, 3:07 AM
May 2021
Everyone wants a piece of Rimuru. As if they haven’t learned already. Can’t wait for the clash between the Church and Tempest. Rimuru’s squad washing them. And funny Diablo alone came take them all on. What is that church going to do outside of maybe some cheap tricks to get a quick advantage?
Apr 14, 5:19 AM
Oct 2019
Politics focus episode.
The PLOT is THICKEN!!!

World building episode is my favorite!!
Apr 14, 10:00 AM
Apr 2021
ICh will mehr nicht noch ne woche warten
Apr 14, 10:44 AM
May 2020
successfully pressured another nation
Apr 14, 11:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yes it's getting tenser and more complex regarding the political aspect!
Apr 14, 1:14 PM
Mar 2024
no rimuru so sad basically
Apr 14, 9:21 PM
Mar 2023
It's building up to be epic, can't wait for Rimuru vs Hinata round 2.
Apr 15, 3:33 AM

Feb 2016
We had a lot of talking with not much else going on in this episode, this is Tensura 🔥🔥🔥
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Apr 15, 12:11 PM
Oct 2015
100% yapisode wtf
Apr 15, 12:23 PM
Mar 2015
We get to see things from the enemy side after Clayman died The Emperor and his vampire are going after Rimuru and Veldora while the king of Falmuth signed a treaty with Rimuru's kingdoem and the Clowns mourned the Death of Clayman
landofthekwtApr 15, 12:27 PM
Apr 16, 5:11 AM
Jul 2023
i love the character development
Apr 16, 2:02 PM

Oct 2020
A lot of conclusions for the previous season but still a good episode!
Apr 16, 5:26 PM

Nov 2009
As always, this Yuuki guy is scheming again...

(wonder what he's going to do this time... since last one was stupid Clayman, and that one failed, lol)

We get some backstory or lore about Hinata and Valentine.

And apparently... Hinata isn't really on the side of Humans, but rather she's Valentine's follower.

And... apparently there's going to be a War between the Vampires and Angels? but Rimuru's kingdom is making the Angels starting their operations earlier...

But... bunch of people STILL wants to kill Rimuru and otaku-dragon... even after learning how strong they become.

And here I thought the Demon Lords would have a good vibe with Rimuru, specially after Rimuru gave them a new group name... guess not...

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 17, 7:54 AM

Jun 2019
Peak politics, Peak negotiations, Peak World building. We move. Now, that's how a great show works. I'm loving every bit of this show. Hinata is too cocky for her own good. She has no idea who she's trying to mess with.
Apr 17, 11:53 AM
Apr 2024
This show is so bad. Morbius is more enjoyable than this
Apr 17, 10:42 PM
Nov 2022
FMmatron said:
Episodes focussing on politics, worldbuilding and build up are actually essential for longer running fantasy series. The good ones, that is.

This is my first time doing this on here but I assume this is how to reply to comments. This has to be one of the most realistic takes on these starting episodes and people who say episodes like this are boring but then love stuff like Miyagido forget that without these episodes you wouldn’t care abt anything else that’s going on and you would be one of those people who go why are we fighting this person again. lol
Apr 18, 6:31 AM
Nov 2022
not much action, but I like the build up
Apr 18, 12:39 PM
Jun 2012
Solid overall slow as expected with such a gap between seasons.
Apr 19, 11:09 AM

Nov 2016
@Retr0Omega

I can see why people would think it's boring when they don't care for the characters or discussed matters. Then again, if you're 3 seasons in you should care at least a little. The direction is a bit dull admittedly.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 19, 11:22 AM
Nov 2022
FMmatron said:
@Retr0Omega

I can see why people would think it's boring when they don't care for the characters or discussed matters. Then again, if you're 3 seasons in you should care at least a little. The direction is a bit dull admittedly.

I also feel that tensura is a very difficult show to come back after years of waiting bc I remember binging S1-2 is what brought me out of being burnt out on anime. And a criticism that I have abt the anime is that especially after ep 3 is how they pace the meetings making all of the super juicy info in ep2 then making ep 3 all of the less juicy stuff is a interesting decision
Apr 19, 1:45 PM

May 2015
Hero 'Lightspeed' Masayuki already got mentioned? Hahaha.

Love how sleek the animation is, and it was quite an interesting episode. The set-up for Hinata's development was pretty good.
Apr 20, 6:10 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
I see, so that's the reason Hinata decided to follow Valentine, for the so called "peace" that loomed around the evil Demon Lords not reacting and the humans staying as they are. Rimuru's appearance seems to have thrown a chain on that stability since now they'll start to question whether they should respect this status quo or not. Meanwhile, we're seeing Diablo's plan in motion although that shadow smile at the end makes me think that not everything will go accordingly in that change of rulers... maybe.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 20, 8:59 PM

May 2018
Lots of evil people wants to destroy peace. Like DB.
Apr 21, 4:07 AM

May 2015
I like kings beard!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 21, 7:16 AM

Jul 2017
Yuki and the Harlequin Alliance having lost Clayman, this dealt them with quite the loss, and their meeting to recoup their losses and share intel to help defeat Rimuru slowly with precision.

Hinata being in Lubelius to recuperate over the events that she saw herself in from facing vampire Lady Luminus, only to see herself defeated with submission to her, As is with dealing with Rimuru, Hinata has more than enough episodes that she faced against him in the past, and the Great Forest of Jura is a deemed threat for all the Western Nations, that is if Rimuru survives Walpurgis (which he did).

The combination of Veldora and Rimuru has caused conflict to even Luminus, which Tempest itself is a stronghold to even rage war against, as much as the strongest players like Hinata are valuable. Whether to make enemies out or against Tempest, Luminus may still have the power to take action, but for Falmuth, they have already resigned once for which the king will pay for his actions, alongside all of the news from Walpurgis that leaves Falmuth no choice but to submit to Rimuru.

With Falmuth down, Tempest is close to growing more enemies, being more challenged than ever.
Apr 22, 7:07 PM
Jan 2021
I absolutely love the continuous world building of this show!
Apr 26, 4:23 PM

May 2015
Yay the Harlequin alliance is back. Those clowns are so silly yet so powerful. Hinata fighting to a draw with two demon lord level vampires, only for them to get revived right after is definitely the anime version of losing in a video game cutscene.
Apr 26, 9:00 PM
Jan 2021
I wonder how much more of Luminus we’ll get to see in the series and what her relevance will be when it comes to the Jura Tempest Federation. I also wonder if Hinata is realizing that Rimuru isn’t the villain that she assumed him to be and maybe they can build some kind of peaceful relationship… I mean it’s in her best interest since he’s now a Demon Lord and has amassed quite the army along with Veldora himself (who Roy Valentine was telling her that she can’t beat).

So outside of that it seems that a lot of politics are going on and it’ll take some time before any actual fighting commences. I’m still trying to briefly go through the first two seasons to get a rundown on everything, but now I re remember that the principal of the school in Engrassia was working with Clayman.

Well here’s to Episode 3, Peaceful Days.
Apr 27, 6:24 PM

Mar 2010
The politics is becoming suffocating.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 28, 8:45 AM

Oct 2017
Luminous, Hinata and whatever, waiting to see them know their place. Should happen soon right? That other guy and clown troupe is so annoying too, waiting to see them get their ass kicked as well.
Apr 28, 1:38 PM
Jun 2021
This was nothing but a naked exposition dump and I hated every minute of it. I expected better given this show's phenomenal track record.
Apr 28, 3:32 PM
Feb 2024
Must Watch Anime, Don't miss it.
Apr 28, 9:35 PM

Jul 2013
All these different parties scheming in the shadows, Rimuru would just crush them. And what's this angels this bitch Hinata was talking about?
May 20, 9:50 AM
Sep 2021
Muy buena adaptación
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21

141 by Ashhk »»
11 hours ago

» Let Me Be Clear

Chainsaw_Derp - Jun 22

18 by Moppit »»
Yesterday, 8:56 AM

» 2 people chatting ( 1 2 )

AMAN2410 - Jun 21

57 by NTAD »»
Jun 24, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 26

126 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Jun 24, 8:54 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7

82 by Swag_infinite »»
Jun 24, 7:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.